PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern game televised?

ndsubison
09-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Is this game going to be televised locally (i.e. WDAY)? Also, what is the ticket situation looking like? Nearly a sellout so far?

Bison13
09-09-2006, 07:20 PM
The game will be televised state wide. Wday, Wdaz....some stations in bismark and minot...not sure what they are...

ndsubison
09-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks!

TheBisonator
09-09-2006, 08:29 PM
The game will be on statewide ABC. Which includes:

WDAY 6 - Fargo
WDAZ 8 - Grand Forks
KBMY 17 - Bismarck
KMCY 14 - Minot

kchats
09-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Northeastern beat Holy Cross today, 24-14. They had a running back go for 170 yards on 27 carries with 3 touchdowns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262520107&confId=81

It is Rocky week for the Bison this week.

bisonaudit
09-11-2006, 07:03 PM
So for those of us not living in the great state of ND is there anyway to see this game, other than the unreliable audioless webcast?

MN_BISONS
09-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Call WDAY and get the satellite coordinates, go to your local sports bar and ask them if they get this type of signal, I think its UHF, and if they do you should be good to go. If you have problems, post here and I’m sure there are some people on the board that will be able to get them for you. Good luck. Of course your other option is to jump your ass into your car, point it to Fargo and road trip it back.

markerman
09-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know if Bisonzone is showing it (since it's being broadcast by WDAY)?

Hammersmith
09-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know if Bisonzone is showing it (since it's being broadcast by WDAY)?
BisonZone will be webcasting the AM 970 broadcast as usual. GoBison will also be webcasting the Fargodome video/audio feed as usual. I assume ThunderRadio will be doing the play-by-play again.

bisonaudit
09-11-2006, 08:04 PM
From Kari at the alumni association:

WDAY has provided us with coordinates to pick up the game on Saturday. The coordinates are for the old satellite system, so I’m not sure how helpful they will be in getting the game out of state—but I’m sure it’s worth a try! They are:

IA-8 (89 Degrees west)

Transponder k17 slot B

Frequency: 12044.5 Vertical

Symbol Rate: 6.111

Data Rate: 8.448

FEC: 3/4

Feed starts at 5:45 central

You can also get a live web feed at www.gobison.com if that interests you. There is a fee for this service.

3000 mile round trip in the car so I guess I'd better get on the phone with the pub. :)

TheBisonator
09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
My father lives in the Twin Cities, and he really wants to see this game. He has DirecTV with the full sports pack. Is there any chance that DTV would do anything to pick up this game on any of their channels (for the audience of Twin Cities area alumni who have DTV)??

MN_BISONS
09-11-2006, 10:31 PM
My father lives in the Twin Cities, and he really wants to see this game. He has DirecTV with the full sports pack. Is there any chance that DTV would do anything to pick up this game on any of their channels (for the audience of Twin Cities area alumni who have DTV)??

Take the coordinates that Bisonaudit listed above your post and give them to your dad and tell him to call Joe Sensor's in Bloomington and have him ask if they will show the game because they've always done it in the past.

TheBisonator
09-11-2006, 10:39 PM

Take the coordinates that Bisonaudit listed above your post and give them to your dad and tell him to call Joe Sensor's in Bloomington and have him ask if they will show the game because they've always done it in the past. *

So I guess it can't be shown in homes, huh... :-/

bincitysioux
09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
In addition to Sensor's in the TC, here are a couple other places in the country that should have the equipment to get the game on satellite (it is the same sat that the FSSN uses):

R.T. O'Sullivan's Sports Bar & Grill------Mesa, AZ
Bomber's Sports Bar------Rock Springs, WY

And as long as you have the coordinates, I'll bet you could check with any of these establishments (http://www.umontanaalumni.org/index.asp/fuseaction/CMS.main/c/AAAFD132-8E2D-47C6-A57A-D9F2F9136781) around the U.S., courtesy of the U of Montana Alumni Association.

There are also Joe Sensor's in Eagan and Roseville.

bincitysioux
09-11-2006, 10:43 PM

Take the coordinates that Bisonaudit listed above your post and give them to your dad and tell him to call Joe Sensor's in Bloomington and have him ask if they will show the game because they've always done it in the past. *

Only if you want to invest in a FTA satellite system. Probably not for just one game though, huh?

But then your dad could get the Fighting Sioux Sports Network!!!!!! :D ;)

TheBisonator
09-11-2006, 10:46 PM

Only if you want to invest in a FTA satellite system. Probably not for just one game though, huh? *

But then your dad could get the Fighting Sioux Sports Network!!!!!! * :D ;)

But he doesn't like cubic zirconia jewlery... :o

Husky_Alum_93
09-12-2006, 11:59 AM
A few Northeastern fans would love to get a copy of the Television feed from the NDSU game. If there's someone out there who can tape the game, I'd be more than happy to pay for a tape and any postage to send the tape to me in Boston after the game.

Unfortunately it's unlikely anywhere in Boston would be willing to show the game on satellite.

Thanks!

markerman
09-12-2006, 04:16 PM
A few Northeastern fans would love to get a copy of the Television feed from the NDSU game. *If there's someone out there who can tape the game, I'd be more than happy to pay for a tape and any postage to send the tape to me in Boston after the game.

Unfortunately it's unlikely anywhere in Boston would be willing to show the game on satellite.

Thanks!

Try the Good Time Emporium in Somerville (right of 93). That is where NDSU has had it's satellite games in the past in Boston and it has worked (although we had trouble with the feed last year). If you haven't been there, they have dozens upon dozens of big screens and are pretty accomodating (especially if they know you are coming and want a screen).

Husky_Alum_93
09-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I'll be at the game, but will be sure to let the NU fans on www.dieharddogs.com know.

DIBISON
09-16-2006, 04:12 PM
For those of us heading up to the Fargodome for the game, don't forget to record the game as it is on statewide TV!!

RedRiver
09-16-2006, 06:44 PM
The game will be on statewide ABC. Which includes:

WDAY 6 - Fargo
WDAZ 8 - Grand Forks
KBMY 17 - Bismarck
KMCY 14 - Minot

Tune in and support the sponsors!!

DIBISON
09-17-2006, 04:23 AM
Just go home from the Bison game. Anyone have reports on the statewide TV coverage? What were the halftime features? Anything on Rocky?

MinotBison
09-17-2006, 05:21 AM
Just go home from the Bison game. *Anyone have reports on the statewide TV coverage? *What were the halftime features? *Anything on Rocky?

The television coverage didn't begin until 5 minutes left in the first period. *That is because the Oklahoma-Oregon game wasn't finished. *Excuse me, but who in North Dakota cares about OU-Oregon when you have the Bison in a big game against their popular former head coach?????? Ridiculous.

I don't know all the intricacies of network television, but Bison fans in this part of the state (MINOT) were done a real disservice. *I've already touched on the poor radio coverage for the games in a different thread. *Our brethren to the North of us don't seem to have these problems. WHY DO WE?

Bison_Dan
09-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Just go home from the Bison game. *Anyone have reports on the statewide TV coverage? *What were the halftime features? *Anything on Rocky?

The television coverage didn't begin until 5 minutes left in the first period. *That is because the Oklahoma-Oregon game wasn't finished. *Excuse me, but who in North Dakota cares about OU-Oregon when you have the Bison in a big game against their popular former head coach?????? Ridiculous.

I don't know all the intricacies of network television, but Bison fans in this part of the state (MINOT) were done a real disservice. *I've already touched on the poor radio coverage for the games in a different thread. *Our brethren to the North of us don't seem to have these problems. WHY DO WE?

I think you should call the television station and see what's up. Want to bet that the station is run by some other schools fans. :-/

broke_back_mnt
09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
WDAY has never been real big on pre game. They have always cut from regularly scheduled programing at the kickoff. Its not new.

gwendel
09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't have a problem with cutting from regularly scheduled programming AT THE KICKOFF, that's the nature of the beast in sprts television programming. The problem is they waited to finish the game, do a great deal of advertising and then finally switch to the Bison Game half an hour after it started.

I agree with someone above who said they should have at least told the TV audience that's what they would be doing. They didn't even scroll anything across the bottom of the screen that the game would be joined in progress. Nothing. There was a bit of an apology by the Bison game announcers when they finally got on the air that they had a bit of catching up to do and that they were as happy as we were that the game was televised at all.

It wasn't handled at all well by the television network. >:(