PDA

View Full Version : Ticket alert. General admission tickets on sale now

HerdBot
12-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Http://www.Gobison.com/tickets
endzone by students, $18

Bison03
12-10-2014, 02:55 PM
How are these not sold out already??!! All you people who complain about not being able to get tickets all season long, here's you chance. Quarterfinal game on ESPN!!! Come on people.

Gully
12-10-2014, 03:55 PM
How are these not sold out already??!! All you people who complain about not being able to get tickets all season long, here's you chance. Quarterfinal game on ESPN!!! Come on people.

Because it's easier to not plan ahead, wait until they're all gone, and then complain that someone doesn't giftwrap them and deliver them to their door. We probably need a government program to fix these inequities.

IDDUKES
12-10-2014, 03:59 PM
GA are the only tickets available.

cbline
12-10-2014, 04:11 PM
GA are the only tickets available.

11:08 a.m. Central Time on the 10th, and tickets are still open. Come on, people!!!!

Tatanka
12-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Because it's easier to not plan ahead, wait until they're all gone, and then complain that someone doesn't giftwrap them and deliver them to their door. We probably need a government program to fix these inequities.

I would probably recommend we start a committee to review and potentially recommend a process for deciding whether or not to make this happen, but I'll do a survey first. Can someone contact the press?

Mr. Burgundy
12-10-2014, 04:19 PM
I have no problems with how things are handled.....my gut feel is that the non diehard fan always thinks it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get a seat in the dome. Constantly getting text requests for tickets....when there are seats available. Not sure the solution, but alot of times the reserved sections sell out, and people assume that is a "sell out."

gotts
12-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I have no problems with how things are handled.....my gut feel is that the non diehard fan always thinks it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get a seat in the dome. Constantly getting text requests for tickets....when there are seats available. Not sure the solution, but alot of times the reserved sections sell out, and people assume that is a "sell out."

I get the same requests.

Was able to get 4 sideline reserved in Section 2, row BB this am via my phone's web browser. There are tickets out there, people just don't know that.

stevdock
12-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Sorry guys this is an NDSU issue again. We don't have season tickets so we go the GA route quite often. I was lucky enough to get sideline reserved for Saturday's game, but if not would have had to go the GA route. I had to do a little digging to see that they were going to release these on Wednesday, but once again unless you dig for the info you aren't going to find it. I've watched the news all week and haven't heard anything about releasing more tickets. I can't imagine that Izzo or whoever is in charge of KVLY wouldn't do a quick story saying GA tickets will be released Wednesday morning at 8 after they finished a story on the game. But NDSU has to ask them to.

PattyBison
12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Sorry guys this is an NDSU issue again. We don't have season tickets so we go the GA route quite often. I was lucky enough to get sideline reserved for Saturday's game, but if not would have had to go the GA route. I had to do a little digging to see that they were going to release these on Wednesday, but once again unless you dig for the info you aren't going to find it. I've watched the news all week and haven't heard anything about releasing more tickets. I can't imagine that Izzo or whoever is in charge of KVLY wouldn't do a quick story saying GA tickets will be released Wednesday morning at 8 after they finished a story on the game. But NDSU has to ask them to.

Sorry, not buying it anymore. After the past uproars, I took special effort to pay attention this week. I have heard it on WDAY news at least twice as well as on the radio (probably BOB) once (and I don't listen to the radio). They listed all of the timeframes that were involved. On WDAY it was not in the sports portion of the show, but in actual news. The information is out there. If people want to go to the game, it does require some level of effort.

Also, Izzo isn't on KVLY and never has been.

BisonFan02
12-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Just be sure to require all of these people to become TM before they buy these GA tickets....heaven forbid if they allow the unwashed masses to buy tickets.... :rofl:

Farmer63
12-10-2014, 04:42 PM
My guess is NDSU deliberately keeps it on the low, so those who really are looking for tickets get the chance. If you publicize it more, the part time scalpers come out of the woodwork.

BisonFan02
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Also of note....I have been buying a SRO ticket each game for my father (superstition that some of you guys know the story), but since I already have 9 season tickets, NDSU won't allow me to purchase any tickets on my account. Could I cheat the system and use a different credit card/guest account?.....yes, but should I really have to do that?

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Again with the "having to dig for info". GoBison.com released this article the night after we beat SDSU. http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/12/6/FB_1206140939.aspx?path=football GoBison.com released this article the night of Nov. 22 after our Youngstown game and they hadn't even announced seeding yet (although I'm sure it was updated with information as they got it) http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/22/FB_1122142402.aspx?path=football NDSU's Facebook page updates daily about ticket info (they have over 70,000 likes so the excuse no one looks at it just won't work). I'm not on Twitter but I'm sure they announce on there as well. It's just as Burgandy said it is. People are lazy and they assume. Plan ahead. There's no reason to have news channels waste their time throwing out a blurb about ticket info. The last 3 years were the most difficult years to get tickets. I didn't hear ANY complaining about people not knowing when they went on sale. This is the 4th year in a row we host at home. Nothing has changed. The time frame for ticket sales have stayed the same. /End rant

StL Bison Fan
12-10-2014, 04:55 PM
There are still GAs. No need to pay big prices

grizlandbisonfan
12-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Frankly, I'd rather buy the GA tickets than the reserved that are released on sunday, which are next to impossible to get more than 2 together and guarantee double letter rows. The GA are the best holiday deal going in Fargo these days.

BisonFan02
12-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Well....crisis averted. My clan now has 10 tickets as we've purchased 1 open GA ticket..... :D

bisonmike2
12-10-2014, 05:15 PM
I get the same requests.

Was able to get 4 sideline reserved in Section 2, row BB this am via my phone's web browser. There are tickets out there, people just don't know that.

I got 4 in section 2, row CC. If you are right in front of me, you better sits your ass down so I can watch the game! And don't wave those damn pom-poms in my face either!

gotts
12-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I got 4 in section 2, row CC. If you are right in front of me, you better sits your ass down so I can watch the game! And don't wave those damn pom-poms in my face either!

I know better than to mess with The Rock, I'm just Stevie Janowski.

stevdock
12-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Again with the "having to dig for info". GoBison.com released this article the night after we beat SDSU. http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/12/6/FB_1206140939.aspx?path=football GoBison.com released this article the night of Nov. 22 after our Youngstown game and they hadn't even announced seeding yet (although I'm sure it was updated with information as they got it) http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/22/FB_1122142402.aspx?path=football NDSU's Facebook page updates daily about ticket info (they have over 70,000 likes so the excuse no one looks at it just won't work). I'm not on Twitter but I'm sure they announce on there as well. It's just as Burgandy said it is. People are lazy and they assume. Plan ahead. There's no reason to have news channels waste their time throwing out a blurb about ticket info. The last 3 years were the most difficult years to get tickets. I didn't hear ANY complaining about people not knowing when they went on sale. This is the 4th year in a row we host at home. Nothing has changed. The time frame for ticket sales have stayed the same. /End rant

The process for buying GA's has changed every single year. And that's also been a frustration of mine.

runtheoption
12-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Constantly getting text requests for tickets....when there are seats available. Not sure the solution, but alot of times the reserved sections sell out, and people assume that is a "sell out."I usually have "ticket request fatigue" by about early November. I have educated many people about the wonders of the Alumni ticket exchange, the Bisonville ticket exchange, Craigslist, and to follow NDSU on their Facebook page and Twitter.

I don't know how our resident ticket queen does this all season long.

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Agreed RTO. She's a saint. I'm out of patience with people that are requesting tickets.

StL Bison Fan
12-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Agreed RTO. She's a saint. I'm out of patience with people that are requesting tickets.
I'm out of patience with people who ask for tickets, you direct them to gobison, and then they are still shopping around because 'I can't find tickets'. they still have GA! Help yourself! If they are not good enough, stay home
End Rant. Amen

runtheoption
12-10-2014, 06:26 PM
And another posting just in the last 90 seconds on NDSU's Facebook about GA tickets available.

Tatanka
12-10-2014, 06:27 PM
And another posting just in the last 90 seconds on NDSU's Facebook about GA tickets available.

Can you read it to me? I don't know the address for facebook.

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Linky or it's not true. It's never that easy to find out ticket news through NDSU.

PattyBison
12-10-2014, 06:33 PM
The process for buying GA's has changed every single year. And that's also been a frustration of mine.

So, it is on the news, on gobison.com, but you are relying on what you remember from prior years? And then complain when it isn't announced in enough places (because the news, the radio, gobison and social media isn't enough)?

So, based on your comment, we should never change the process even to improve it and get more people in the door, because someone will remember how it was done a year ago and not bother to find out if it has changed?

Gully
12-10-2014, 06:58 PM

It's amazing that we can even sell the games out with this very difficult process. <purple>

TransAmBison
12-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Can you read it to me? I don't know the address for facebook.
His place is in Harwood. Ask AG, he can tell you where to go.

Answer Guy
12-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Ask AG, he can tell you where to go.

I could tell most of you where to go.

Answer Guy
12-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Was able to get 4 sideline reserved in Section 2, row BB this am via my phone's web browser.

Sticking around for the basketball game? I bought a Christmas present for the little guy. :)

stevdock
12-10-2014, 08:47 PM
So, it is on the news, on gobison.com, but you are relying on what you remember from prior years? And then complain when it isn't announced in enough places (because the news, the radio, gobison and social media isn't enough)?

So, based on your comment, we should never change the process even to improve it and get more people in the door, because someone will remember how it was done a year ago and not bother to find out if it has changed?

Go back and read the quote that I was answering. He said the ticket process has not changed. It's changed every year. I don't have season tickets so is it frustrating to deal with a new system every year? Absolutely. I have also only missed one home game in the last twenty years, so I'm willing to jump through the hoops.

Wally
12-10-2014, 09:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYKmzcEKjg

calelars24
12-10-2014, 11:51 PM
I had a person request tickets, I told them no reserved left, and that I would hook them up with general admission for cheap. "I don't want those," was the response I received. Ok then

bisonfanette
12-11-2014, 12:15 AM
I had a person request tickets, I told them no reserved left, and that I would hook them up with general admission for cheap. "I don't want those," was the response I received. Ok then

That's because THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND! Many think they are AA & above. Not so, during playoffs!
Heck, those of us in section 9 could sell our tickets (pay for Frisco motel rooms :praying:) & move across the aisle to sit section 10 in the same row! GA is a great deal during playoffs!

calelars24
12-11-2014, 01:36 AM
That's because THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND! Many think they are AA & above. Not so, during playoffs!
Heck, those of us in section 9 could sell our tickets (pay for Frisco motel rooms :praying:) & move across the aisle to sit section 10 in the same row! GA is a great deal during playoffs!

I know, I know. Try to explain that to no avail. They can stay home and watch it on tv, not worth my time.

GOB1SON
12-11-2014, 02:46 AM
Piss.

Moan.

Repeat.

56BISON73
12-11-2014, 02:57 AM
Piss.

Moan.

Repeat.

If people want tickets why wouldnt they call the TICKET OFFICE for information????

BisonNation11
12-11-2014, 03:03 AM
If people want tickets why wouldnt they call the TICKET OFFICE for information????
They'd have to look up the number...

bisonfanette
12-11-2014, 03:06 AM
They'd have to look up the number...

EXACTLY... in some cases!

Bison4peat
12-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Piss.

Moan.

Repeat.

Nope, Piss, Moan, 4peat :)

Go Bison!!

cbline
12-11-2014, 11:44 AM
What do you know? Checked gobison.com as I sipped my early morning coffee on the 11th, and the game is sold out. ABOUT DAMN TIME!

HerdBot
12-11-2014, 01:41 PM
What do you know? Checked gobison.com as I sipped my early morning coffee on the 11th, and the game is sold out. ABOUT DAMN TIME!

It sold out when I checked last night

Tatanka
12-11-2014, 02:41 PM
It sold out when I checked last night

Well, you should have checked sooner then and saved everyone the time wasted arguing in this thread!

HerdBot
12-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Well, you should have checked sooner then and saved everyone the time wasted arguing in this thread!

:rofl: and I only started the thread to help get the info out. I was going to post it but I was enjoying the free entertainment!

tolnabison
12-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Bump this thread. Sideline tickets and end zone singles available.