PDA

View Full Version : Carey Woods

WFBisonFan
12-08-2014, 10:34 PM
He's my sleeper for a breakout game this weekend. He has been a disappointment in IMHO. I'm not bashing, just an observation. However, I think with Zach more than likely out, he has the chance to step up and be the deep threat that he was recruited to be.

I'll hang up and listen.

MAKBison
12-08-2014, 10:35 PM
He's my sleeper for a breakout game this weekend. He has been a disappointment in IMHO. I'm not bashing, just an observation. However, I think with Zach more than likely out, he has the chance to step up and be the deep threat that he was recruited to be.

I'll hang up and listen.

think we might have a dee Grey sighting as well????

CaBisonFan
12-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I hope that you're right.

BisoninNWMN
12-08-2014, 10:36 PM

I'll hang up and listen.

I hope he has a breakout game. He needs to step up.

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2014, 11:18 PM
I hope he has a breakout game. He needs to step up.

Yea he does. Been a disappointing year for him this year IMHO after some of the plays he made last year.

We need some other WR's to step up. What has happened with guys like Perkins, Gray, and Warren where they don't contribute at all? Just not getting the kind of developemtn that we would have hoped or what? I feel like we are so thin at the WR position of quality players it is sad.

Bison 4 Life
12-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Yea he does. Been a disappointing year for him this year IMHO after some of the plays he made last year.

We need some other WR's to step up. What has happened with guys like Perkins, Gray, and Warren where they don't contribute at all? Just not getting the kind of developemtn that we would have hoped or what? I feel like we are so thin at the WR position of quality players it is sad.

Especially with a true freshman outshining them all.

unbison
12-08-2014, 11:28 PM

Or could it be we are blessed with 2 5th year seniors and a absolute stud freshman? So not much chance to show their abilities???

17>1
12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Or could it be we are blessed with 2 5th year seniors and a absolute stud freshman? So not much chance to show their abilities???

^This

It's called a depth chart for a reason. Not everyone can start, but they should always be ready to perform at a high level when their number is called.

BisonNeil
12-08-2014, 11:37 PM
^This

It's called a depth chart for a reason. Not everyone can start, but they should always be ready to perform at a high level when their number is called.

While it is true that not everyone can start Gray isn't even seeing the field. Wrice has played a few snaps in jet sweeps, but that class ofWRs is suspect, and there is no evidence they even sniffed Weincke. So it is hard to envision them ready to perform at a high level but I hope you are right.

17>1
12-08-2014, 11:40 PM
While it is true that not everyone can start Gray isn't even seeing the field. Wrice has played a few snaps in jet sweeps, but that class ofWRs is suspect, and there is no evidence they even sniffed Weincke. So it is hard to envision them ready to perform at a high level but I hope you are right.

You're right, high level was probably not the right words to use. Thinking "next man up" I guess. JW from SDSU is on an whole 'nother level.

HerdBot
12-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Carey is a good receiver but he just needs to be consistent. He can't have drops in the endzone during the playoffs. I can think of at least 3 or 4 drops this year. Just needs to get his confidence up. Kid made some just freakish athletic catches and runs in high school that made you just go wow! Saw some glimpses of that last year... check out the 5:50 mark. That's just being a good athlete.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/330175/highlights/8467387

silkamilkamonico
12-09-2014, 01:27 AM

Our collective WR group has a total of 91 catches on the season (Vraa + Smith had 121 between only the 2 of them last year). The entire unit averages 7 catches a game. That isn't much at all. I understand we have really good TE's/FB/RB's than can catch, but other than an occasional big play from the passing team that have been few and far between, we don't get much at all from the WR group. Vraa has been the epitome of a consistent WR and Urzendowski has made some very nice plays and is on his way to a very nice career, but we haven't had a big play down the field WR since I can't remember when.

Vraa is Vraa, he's a great possession WR, Urzendowski has made some nice plays, Gebhart averages 1.2 catches a game, and I couldn't stop hearing about how great Gray and Warren were going to be when they came in and they are already RS sophomores and don't even see the field. Perkins was a Ryan Smith clone according to alot of armchair QB's here.

I don't think it's a concern or anything, but it is a curious question.

CalBison97
12-09-2014, 01:35 AM

I'll hang up and listen.

Would be nice, but he has not shown that he can have anything other than a sub-par game. It will be a heavy running game-plan mixed in with a few drop-backs that turn into scrambles.

td577
12-09-2014, 02:09 AM
RJ kind of disappeared down the stretch there for a bit. It is good to see him back contributing again.

Woods has some wheels, but he takes a bit to get going. I would like to see some crossing routes where he gets the ball and an opportunity to do something afterwards. When he is on, he seems to do a good job of finding pockets and sitting in them and being a nice target for CW. If someone misses a tackle on him, he can make it hard for a defender to catch him, but he is not quick. Good top end speed but not that stop and go kind of speed Gray has. If there was an opportunity for Woods to blow up, right now is as good a time as any.

EndZoneQB
12-09-2014, 02:19 AM
Our collective WR group has a total of 91 catches on the season (Vraa + Smith had 121 between only the 2 of them last year). The entire unit averages 7 catches a game. That isn't much at all. I understand we have really good TE's/FB/RB's than can catch, but other than an occasional big play from the passing team that have been few and far between, we don't get much at all from the WR group. Vraa has been the epitome of a consistent WR and Urzendowski has made some very nice plays and is on his way to a very nice career, but we haven't had a big play down the field WR since I can't remember when.

Vraa is Vraa, he's a great possession WR, Urzendowski has made some nice plays, Gebhart averages 1.2 catches a game, and I couldn't stop hearing about how great Gray and Warren were going to be when they came in and they are already RS sophomores and don't even see the field. Perkins was a Ryan Smith clone according to alot of armchair QB's here.

I don't think it's a concern or anything, but it is a curious question.

Wait, what Vraa have you been watching? I seem to remember him getting behind defenses quite a bit last year...

How long was RJ's first catch...?

...but you know, don't let facts get in the way of BV discussion.

BisoninNWMN
12-09-2014, 02:20 AM
^This

RJ passed Woods, Gray, and Wrice on the depth chart because he is just plain better than those three. Someone needs to step up this week.

IBleedYellow
12-09-2014, 02:21 AM
I really hope you're right. To say Woods has been underwhelming this year is an understatement. I can count on both hands the amount of big passes that he has dropped in big 3rd down situations or touchdown situations this season.

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 02:50 AM
RJ kind of disappeared down the stretch there for a bit. It is good to see him back contributing again.

Woods has some wheels, but he takes a bit to get going. I would like to see some crossing routes where he gets the ball and an opportunity to do something afterwards. When he is on, he seems to do a good job of finding pockets and sitting in them and being a nice target for CW. If someone misses a tackle on him, he can make it hard for a defender to catch him, but he is not quick. Good top end speed but not that stop and go kind of speed Gray has. If there was an opportunity for Woods to blow up, right now is as good a time as any.

Very well-stated post. Hope we are recruiting some WR's, cuzz what we have is nothing to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

td577
12-09-2014, 02:52 AM
Very well-stated post. Hope we are recruiting some WR's, cuzz what we have is nothing to look forward to.

We have like 16 on the roster, I hope there is a couple on there that work out. 2 seniors, no juniors, and the rest, well, puppies. Woods and Gray can still grow up and be really good WRs yet.

onbison09
12-09-2014, 02:53 AM
It's seems like we've been thin at wide receiver (relatively speaking) for awhile. We also seem to depend on one guy (Warren, Vraa, guess you can throw Smith in there). Am I super far off?

calelars24
12-09-2014, 02:53 AM
we just haven't wanted Woods, D. Gray, or Warren to put anything on tape for the opposing teams to scout:hide:

bisonridge
12-09-2014, 03:06 AM
we just haven't wanted Woods, D. Gray, or Warren to put anything on tape for the opposing teams to scout:hide:

Thats what I'm thinking.....saving the good stuff for deep in the playoffs (I'm hoping)

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 03:12 AM
Thats what I'm thinking.....saving the good stuff for deep in the playoffs (I'm hoping)

Not what Is happening IMO. With what all was going on on field against SDSU, that was no time to hold anything back. We just aren't nearly as good as 13 and 12 teams were, but may be good enough. Doubt we can beat ISUr tho.

bisonridge
12-09-2014, 03:14 AM
Not what Is happening IMO. With what all was going on on field against SDSU, that was no time to hold anything back. We just aren't nearly as good as 13 and 12 teams were, but may be good enough. Doubt we can beat ISUr tho.

Glass half empty guy huh? ;)

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 03:17 AM
Glass half empty guy huh? ;)

Reality!!

bisonridge
12-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Reality!!

Sometimes the other way is more fun!!! Although can be more disappointing, its a chance you take.

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Sometimes the other way is more fun!!! Although can be more disappointing, its a chance you take.

Understand and can't disagree!

runtheoption
12-09-2014, 03:29 AM
Understand and can't disagree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkonly pessimists say "can't"

bisonridge
12-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Ok back on topic, do you think after RJs performance on Saturday that he will draw a bit more attention on Saturday and possible open up others?

bisonridge
12-09-2014, 03:31 AM
only pessimists say "can't"

I think when you say "can't disagree" thats like a double negative meaning he agrees!

mtoutfitter
12-09-2014, 03:32 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;956104]Not what Is happening IMO. With what all was going on on field against SDSU, that was no time to hold anything back. We just aren't nearly as good as 13 and 12 teams were, but may be good enough. Doubt we can beat ISUr tho.

Gotta agree with you Charlie.....watched part of their game with UNI and by the eye test....they looked TOUGH!!! But Any Given Saturday! Sorry for the drift.

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 03:32 AM
Ok back on topic, do you think after RJs performance on Saturday that he will draw a bit more attention on Saturday and possible open up others?

His position dictates he sees SS or LB coverage, especially if we motion correctly. Pretty sure an SDSU LB was covering him on TD, but could be wrong. We create matchup we want by positioning and motion.

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 03:35 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;956104]Not what Is happening IMO. With what all was going on on field against SDSU, that was no time to hold anything back. We just aren't nearly as good as 13 and 12 teams were, but may be good enough. Doubt we can beat ISUr tho.

Gotta agree with you Charlie.....watched part of their game with UNI and by the eye test....they looked TOUGH!!! But Any Given Saturday!

We match up with them ok. Idk cuz have not seem them play, and in a Natty game with 3 or so weeks to prepare, who knows. Will be hell of a game tho!!

bisonridge
12-09-2014, 03:35 AM
His position dictates he sees SS or LB coverage, especially if we motion correctly. Pretty sure an SDSU LB was covering him on TD, but could be wrong. We create matchup we want by positioning and motion.

Good point, I miss a lot of things like that while watching the game and glad guys like you point it out.

MAKBison
12-09-2014, 04:08 AM
Wold be nice for D gray to get behind this D. I can see some Long balls to him.....Assuming he can catch them, which is unknown!

El_Chapo
12-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Carey woods was a beast in HS with the bubble screen !!! Feed the beast from Fourtown Minnesota!!!

td577
12-09-2014, 04:22 AM

I think this offense is hard to defend because you have no clue where cw will go. 10 different receivers with multiple TDs, if my memory serves me right. I'm on my phone, so I ain't going to go look it up exactly. Compared to most teams with 3, that is spreading the wealth around. I wouldn't really change my coverage package for anyone, but I would blitz like crazy. It really is the only shot you have. As a defense, you are better off making the Bison offense keep guys in rather than letting CW pick you apart.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

silkamilkamonico
12-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Wait, what Vraa have you been watching? I seem to remember him getting behind defenses quite a bit last year...

How long was RJ's first catch...?

...but you know, don't let facts get in the way of BV discussion.

He's a big play WR threat like Holloway becayse he got behind defenses "quite a bit last year"?

LMAO ok

Urzendowski has been a big play threat this year. Lets hope he can continue that and somone/a few can step up in Vraa's role. Really good looking freshman.

ndsubison1
12-09-2014, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=mtoutfitter;956115]

We match up with them ok. Idk cuz have not seem them play, and in a Natty game with 3 or so weeks to prepare, who knows. Will be hell of a game tho!!

They looked very good vs UNI. Roberson can make plays, he is a true dual threat and their RB is tough. Their D can give up pts at times though.

BFKasper14
12-09-2014, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=mtoutfitter;956115]

I'm really hoping someone beats them. I think that we would be underdogs in a game with them. They absolutely dismantled UNI.

tony
12-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Still trying to figure out how that catch by Woods near the goal line was ruled incomplete. Was his shadow out of bounds?

ndsubison1
12-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Still trying to figure out how that catch by Woods near the goal line was ruled incomplete. Was his shadow out of bounds?

he dropped the ball

BisonNation11
12-09-2014, 06:33 PM
he dropped the ball

I think you are confusing a couple of plays. The play Tony is talking about was around the 2 yard line on a scramble by Wentz. It appeared he had both his hands under it and was already kneeling down in bounds. It was a close call but he definitely held on to that one. Gebhart dropped a similar one.

tony
12-09-2014, 06:33 PM
he dropped the ball

He had one deflected that he didn't haul in but the one I saw on the sideline was catch.

EC8CH
12-09-2014, 06:36 PM
He had one deflected that he didn't haul in but the one I saw on the sideline was catch.

Looked to me like his elbow was down out of bounds when he made the catch. Was so close that had it been ruled a catch on the field it might have stood.

bri-dog
12-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Looked to me like his elbow was down out of bounds when he made the catch. Was so close that had it been ruled a catch on the field it might have stood.

Yeah, we re-watched that one several times in slo-mo. The consensus we came up with was that his elbow may have been down out of bounds ever so slightly before he caught it. I wouldn't have overturned it either way.

Bison Loaf
12-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Yeah, we re-watched that one several times in slo-mo. The consensus we came up with was that his elbow may have been down out of bounds ever so slightly before he caught it. I wouldn't have overturned it either way.

Have not seen the replay. Was the other one to Woods (over the middle) in the end zone, actually a deflection (like it appeared) or was it a drop.

TAILG8R
12-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Have not seen the replay. Was the other one to Woods (over the middle) in the end zone, actually a deflection (like it appeared) or was it a drop.

You can see the play in this video at the 21:40 mark (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ZNfS-Egxg#t=1302). The camera comes over just as the ball gets there and it happens so fast you can't tell.

tony
12-09-2014, 06:53 PM
You can see the play in this video at the 21:40 mark (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ZNfS-Egxg#t=1302). The camera comes over just as the ball gets there and it happens so fast you can't tell.

They gave the SDSU defender credit for a PBU in the box score.

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 06:54 PM

If elbow out "before" touched ball I am very surprised "the crew" didn't call penalty.

td577
12-09-2014, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;956118]

I'm really hoping someone beats them. I think that we would be underdogs in a game with them. They absolutely dismantled UNI.

I think if we had a second meeting with UNI it would have a completely different outcome, as well. Especially away from the unidump. UNI was in playoff mode all season. I am not saying teams hold back things in games, but they had to find something extra in every single matchup to exploit to possibly turn the tide their way. Come the second time around for ISUr, there was nothing left they hadn't shown. Every coverage package that goes with different blitz schemes was out there. Every possible different way they could use D. Johnson, for example, was out there. That is the other side effect of being 0-2 starting the season and 4-4 with only 4 games left in the season does to you. Anything and everything you might ever want to keep in your back pocket can't be left there if you want your season to continue past week 12. They prepped for every game like it was a playoff game digging for weaknesses and had to use what they found the first time around.

I think if NDSU were to play them again, they would force UNI into playing defense more straight up. No more packing the middle. No more fronting the receivers on blitz packages. If they did those things, the Bison would audible out into plays with a much higher degree of success against those looks now that they have seen them. The game ISUr saw back in November would have been the game UNI would have liked to have not shown them until December but they had no choice. This time around there were no surprises and against NDSU it wouldn't be much different. UNI was kind of forced to go with what they have been doing because there wasn't a whole lot else out there they could really go to without an overhaul of personnel. What you saw then is what you would see again.

17>1
12-09-2014, 07:25 PM

^this

That's why the initial call on the field is so important. There needs to be conclusive evidence to overturn a call and some of these are just to close to call. Geez, did I say 'call' enough there? Haha.

ndsubison1
12-09-2014, 09:23 PM

My bad. Thought you were referring to the one on the last drive.

grizlandbisonfan
12-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Mr. Woods deserves some props after having a nice game today.

56BISON73
12-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Mr. Woods deserves some props after having a nice game today.

He stepped up today. Happy for him.

BisonNeil
12-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I think it will give him the confidence to take his game to another level.

bisoningrandforks
12-13-2014, 11:52 PM
yes...great job Carey...keep it up!

North Side
12-13-2014, 11:53 PM
best complete game of his career

td577
12-14-2014, 02:13 AM
I would of have given him a minus on one play where he wasn't looking for the ball. At this point of the season and Wentz's career, you have to expect the ball on every play because he will change his progression order if he thinks he sees something. I don't think you will see Woods do that again. It will be a reminder to try to look at the field from Carson's perspective and to be ready.

ndsubison1
12-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Hopefully this is a turning point for Woods. Nice to see him step up with Vraa out.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-14-2014, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;956118]

And lost to uni earlier in the year

NDSUFan_Sav
12-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Woods needs to to be looking for the ball, that 3rd and 8 at the end was wide open and very catchable but wasn't even looking for the ball.

BFKasper14
12-14-2014, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=BFKasper14;956288]
And lost to uni earlier in the year

So did we. They're playing some really good football right now. The scary thing is they have a lot of young players. Coprich and their QB will be back.

BisonHorns
12-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Woods was instrumental in the first two drives if i remember correctly. Good to see him get some catches. By the way the throws Carson made were bullets.

natstar1
12-20-2014, 03:13 AM
what is his status?

tony
12-20-2014, 04:01 AM
what is his status?

CAT scan came up normal so that's good news, but that's the only news.

Very scary.

NDSUSR
12-20-2014, 04:33 AM
CAT scan came up normal so that's good news, but that's the only news.

Very scary.

Thats a very good start.

tony
12-20-2014, 01:14 PM
https://twitter.com/CareyWoods1/status/546195290781253633

^ Thanks to FargoBison from AGS for posting this there.

Hopefully Carey is back home already.

A1pigskin
12-20-2014, 04:04 PM
When I saw a neck brace being put on him my guts were rolling. Thank God he is ok. Good thing him and the team have 3 weeks to get healthy. By the way, he hung on to the ball the entire time.

Bisonator98
12-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Really glad to hear Carey is OK. That was scary seeing him carted off. Hopefully he and Vraa will be 100% for Frisco.

westnodak93bison
12-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah glad to hear he is OK. Hope can play in Frisco.

Buffalo.Rider
12-21-2014, 04:19 PM
The play C. Woods got hurt ... looked like a cheap shot to me by the 2nd SHSU player. Woods had already been upended and was on the way to the turf, therefore he was essentially down. The 2nd SHSU player did nothing to avoid Woods ... instead launched into the air to come down on Woods. Looked like it was with intent to harm to me. (memories of New Orleans against Vikings in the playoffs when some of the NO players targeted Favre) Maybe I'm all wet, but that is the way I saw it (I was not the only one in the room that felt this way BTW ... we saw the replay a couple times.)

The refs let the players play in this game, and NDSU maybe could have been called for some stuff too (perhaps Littlejohn decking the SHSU quarterback?), so perhaps it all evens out over the course of a game.

Nevertheless, still felt Woods injury was not necessary. I hope he recovers fully, no residuals later in life, regardless of whether he plays in 3 weeks at Frisco.

ndsubison1
12-21-2014, 04:33 PM
I dont think it was a cheap shot

westnodak93bison
12-21-2014, 04:35 PM
I dont think it was a cheapcheap shot

Me neither. Play is so fast out there. Stuff just happens.

FFBison
12-21-2014, 05:18 PM
The play C. Woods got hurt ... looked like a cheap shot to me by the 2nd SHSU player. Woods had already been upended and was on the way to the turf, therefore he was essentially down. The 2nd SHSU player did nothing to avoid Woods ... instead launched into the air to come down on Woods. Looked like it was with intent to harm to me. (memories of New Orleans against Vikings in the playoffs when some of the NO players targeted Favre) Maybe I'm all wet, but that is the way I saw it (I was not the only one in the room that felt this way BTW ... we saw the replay a couple times.)

The refs let the players play in this game, and NDSU maybe could have been called for some stuff too (perhaps Littlejohn decking the SHSU quarterback?), so perhaps it all evens out over the course of a game.

Nevertheless, still felt Woods injury was not necessary. I hope he recovers fully, no residuals later in life, regardless of whether he plays in 3 weeks at Frisco.

Play to the whistle. A lot of fumbles happen while a player is nearly down. Unfortunate, but I didn't think it was cheap.

gwfan
12-21-2014, 05:25 PM
To me it looked like CLJ's first contact with the QB were CLJ's hands to the QB's chest pushing him away. Will have to look again
but I didn't see helmet to helmet contact.

natstar1
12-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Play to the whistle. A lot of fumbles happen while a player is nearly down. Unfortunate, but I didn't think it was cheap.
This. Just watched it again, definitely not cheap.

NorthernBison
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
To me it looked like CLJ's first contact with the QB were CLJ's hands to the QB's chest pushing him away. Will have to look again
but I didn't see helmet to helmet contact.

The helmets made contact. No question about that.

I'm very happy no flag was thrown. 15 yards wouldn't have been a killer. A targeting call would have been bad.

marenlee
12-21-2014, 06:59 PM
The helmets made contact. No question about that.

I'm very happy no flag was thrown. 15 yards wouldn't have been a killer. A targeting call would have been bad.

IMO, that could have gone either way. But a personal foul if it went against NDSU. If it would have been targeting I would have gone ape shit. Plus CLJ would be out for this NC since it was in the 2nd half. Thankfully it was not.

Jay
12-21-2014, 07:01 PM

Yeah, not cheap at all. This isn't flag football. Injuries happen.

A1pigskin
12-26-2014, 03:30 PM
IMO, that could have gone either way. But a personal foul if it went against NDSU. If it would have been targeting I would have gone ape shit. Plus CLJ would be out for this NC since it was in the 2nd half. Thankfully it was not.

Good point.

onbison09
12-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Anyone know how he's doing?

HerdBoy
12-27-2014, 12:22 AM
https://twitter.com/CareyWoods1/status/546195290781253633

^ Thanks to FargoBison from AGS for posting this there.

Hopefully Carey is back home already.

Anyone know how he's doing?

Nothing new on his Twitter account. I would guess once the Christmas break is over you will hear something from Dom and Kolpack about Carey and Vraa's status.

westnodak93bison
12-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Hope he is OK for obvious reasons. Plus he seems to be on the cusp of really breaking out.

natstar1
04-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY
#NDSU WR Carey Woods is leaving the team; more on @WDAYSports6 now

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2015, 11:21 PM
Someone please say what happened because I don't get Channel 6 this far out.

Mr Meaty
04-18-2015, 11:21 PM
Wish him all the best in his life. Once a bison always a bison.

IzzyFlexion
04-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Damn........he seemed to just be hitting his stride...........(pun intended, but still a huge bummer).

PattyBison
04-18-2015, 11:24 PM

They only said he left the program. No other details.

A1pigskin
04-18-2015, 11:37 PM
This really sucks. I am surprised no-one knows. Where is he going?

tjbison
04-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Good luck to him in his future

td577
04-18-2015, 11:56 PM
This sucks. I thought he was just finding a role on the team and was becoming a serious playmaker.

I wish him well.

Bisonator98
04-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Weird time to walk away. My guess is he was probably not going to beat out one of the younger guys for that 3rd WR role. It's too bad as he has put a lot of time in and had a real good shot at quality playing time this season. Good luck to him!

North Side
04-19-2015, 12:21 AM

Just encase you are not aware you can live stream channel 6 on wday.com

Bison 4 Life
04-19-2015, 12:21 AM
This really sucks. I am surprised no-one knows. Where is he going?

Kolpack used the words "give up the game" to describe him in a column posted on the Forum website. Might just be quitting football like Andrew Oklund.

NDSU1980
04-19-2015, 01:18 AM
I'd say his injury in the CC game was probably at least a partial factor in his decision. Good luck Cary, once a Bison, always a Bison.

El_Chapo
04-19-2015, 02:09 AM
Carey is a BISON. Period. No reason for anyone to doubt him or talk crap about him. He helped NDSU win 3 titles in his time here. He knew there wasn't a future in football after NDSU & wanted his life to go in another direction.

Please respect that and Thank you Carey cya at Moondance! !

Jelo
04-19-2015, 02:23 AM
https://twitter.com/alexegantv/status/589613866918641664

@AlexEganTV: Wide Receiver Carey Woods has left the NDSU Football team. Source tells @ValleyNewsLive it's so he can pursue basketball.

ndsubison1
04-19-2015, 03:52 AM
This sucks. I thought he was just finding a role on the team and was becoming a serious playmaker.

I wish him well.

Agreed. WR depth took a big hit. Thought he was going to play a big role this year. Big opportunity for Hawkins and Shepherd.

ndsubison1
04-19-2015, 03:54 AM
https://twitter.com/alexegantv/status/589613866918641664

@AlexEganTV: Wide Receiver Carey Woods has left the NDSU Football team. Source tells @ValleyNewsLive it's so he can pursue basketball.

Bball at Bemidji St? Hed be eligible right away I believe. Also, maybe the football injury has something to do with him pursuing bball? Just speculating...

56BISON73
04-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Has he left school?

onbison09
04-19-2015, 05:34 AM
Dom collaborated it too. Best of luck
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/586665356099457024/tIefB3EU_normal.jpgDom Izzo @DomIzzoWDAY (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY) · 6h6 hours ago (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/589568682897973250)

#NDSU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NDSU?src=hash) WR Carey Woods is leaving the team; more on @WDAYSports6 (https://twitter.com/WDAYSports6) now

A1pigskin
04-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Has he left school?

So far from what I've read, he is staying in School. Gates also left the team.

yukon
04-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Rumor has it that he has been offered a walk on spot on the Bison basketball program.

EC8CH
04-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Rumor has it that he has been offered a walk on spot on the Bison basketball program.

Hope that's the case. Bison Nation would love to keep cheering for Carey Woods.

tcbison
04-19-2015, 02:44 PM

I see Carey Woods scored 52 points in a high school game:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Cv4z4DYoEeCkhgAcxJSkrA/bemidjis-carey-woods-scores-52-in-minnesota-basketball.htm

BisonNeil
04-19-2015, 03:03 PM
The 2012 class now has 59% attrition. Only slightly less than the 2011 class which has, to date, 70% attrition. Bohl really struggled to adjust his recruiting with the first two deep playoff runs. In the many years I have been tracking attrition rates, these are the first two high attrition rate classes back to back.

El_Chapo
04-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Carey Woods = Lawrence Alexander ?

natstar1
04-19-2015, 03:40 PM
I see Carey Woods scored 52 points in a high school game:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Cv4z4DYoEeCkhgAcxJSkrA/bemidjis-carey-woods-scores-52-in-minnesota-basketball.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yubmoAnBXwo

HerdBoy
04-19-2015, 04:46 PM
He's got some bball skills. Good for him.

BisonFanMan10
04-19-2015, 07:00 PM
He starts workouts with the Bison Basketball team this week.

ZHerd
04-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Neat, I hope this works out for him. He looks athletic (can throw it down), and can score from anywhere. One nice thing...he ain't gonna need a year getting physically ready after a couple seasons already on the Kramer plan ;)

A1pigskin
04-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Can anyone confirm BB is the route he is taking now?

Mr Meaty
04-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Can anyone confirm BB is the route he is taking now?

BV prefers rumors and speculation. :hide:

56BISON73
04-20-2015, 01:55 AM

Thats what I was looking for. Thanks.

Tony Almeida
04-20-2015, 02:37 AM
Wow, this dude looks like he is ready for D1 basketball! Did he have any looks for basketball out of high school?

Could you imagine if he was the answer to LA's departure...I'm excited for him and for Bison basketball!!

Mr. Burgundy
04-20-2015, 02:56 AM
He was a borderline offer when Saul and company was looking hard at him. Very good athlete. Didn't shoot it the best and isn't a huge kid. Probably short for his skill set as a wing. Very close to an offer at one point. Will be interesting to see if Bball is his passion and what he's been missing? Shocked u give up scholarship to switch sports and walk on. Will be interesting to see what he brings.

El_Chapo
04-20-2015, 03:05 AM
Basketball has always been careys passion. Let's face facts he knew he wasn't going to go pro so might as well ball out and have some fun his senior year. He already won 3 titles not much else to conquer. Can't wait to see the Fourtown Flash hit the Scheels Arena floor

CaBisonFan
04-20-2015, 03:33 AM
Wonder how many years of BB eligibility he'll have.

NorthernBison
04-20-2015, 03:43 PM

No change. Whatever he had left for football is what he has.

KSBisonFan
04-20-2015, 04:35 PM

No change. Whatever he had left for football is what he has.

He's used his redshirt year and played 2 years so 2 years of eligibility remaining.

NDSU '96
04-20-2015, 04:55 PM
He was offered at MSUM, among other D2s, out of high school.

HoopsBison
04-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Want to thank Carey for his efforts on the football field and wish him the best as he takes on basketball.

Bison03
04-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Best of luck to Carey as he pursues bball. I hope that this weekend when his name is announced to receive his ring, the crowd gives him a huge ovation.

17>1
04-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Want to thank Carey for his efforts on the football field and wish him the best as he takes on basketball.

^This

BV can be pretty rough on players sometimes, comes with the territory I guess, and he got called out on his drops often which is unfortunate. Really thought he flashed some moments of greatness. Gotta point out his bigtime TD catch as a RSFr against UNI in the FFD 2 years ago. Once a Bison, always a Bison!!

onbison09
04-21-2015, 04:12 AM
^This

BV can be pretty rough on players sometimes, comes with the territory I guess, and he got called out on his drops often which is unfortunate. Really thought he flashed some moments of greatness. Gotta point out his bigtime TD catch as a RSFr against UNI in the FFD 2 years ago. Once a Bison, always a Bison!!
Had some huge catches against Coastal Carolina in the playoffs too.

Elroy
04-21-2015, 04:25 AM
He was an average WR at best. I hope the fans give the love to Trevor Gebhart who busted his ass four 5 years and made EVERY catch when called upon. PS also best down field blocking WR in recent memory

El_Chapo
04-21-2015, 05:19 AM
Woods was a bison. Why do some of u like to hate so much. Carey did his job when asked. Caught some balls and was a bison

Vet70
04-21-2015, 11:57 AM
He was an average WR at best. I hope the fans give the love to Trevor Gebhart who busted his ass four 5 years and made EVERY catch when called upon. PS also best down field blocking WR in recent memory

To me it has nothing to do with how good of a receiver he was, but wishing a Bison well with the choices that he makes in life and being pleased that he is staying at NDSU.

EC8CH
04-21-2015, 12:31 PM

Disagree about Woods, he was a BISON WR, the best.

Agree about Gebhart, except "Every" catch might be a stretch.

ndsubison1
04-21-2015, 04:48 PM

Hurts depth and had a chance to take the next step. Oh well.

56BISON73
04-21-2015, 07:22 PM

PS?
As far as Geb catching every pass you and I must have watched different games.

17>1
04-21-2015, 10:08 PM

This is the Carey Woods thread, and he was a Bison, not an average WR at best. Trevor is done playing and he got plenty of accolades and love around here, primarily for his excellent downfield blocking.

A1pigskin
04-22-2015, 12:24 AM
Best of luck to Carey as he pursues bball. I hope that this weekend when his name is announced to receive his ring, the crowd gives him a huge ovation.

Absolutely..........