The Gold Rush is back...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4Xgq3iCYAAAUlY.jpg

Thank God. Bison Playoff Games = Always Gold Rush

NDSUBowler
12-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Hooray!!!!

BisonNation11
12-08-2014, 10:05 PM
I will admit I did everything I could to convince the NDSU Facebook people to have a Gold Rush. Now I hope, other than those who always wear their lucky green stuff, people will actually participate in this as it will look awesome on TV with the whole crowd gold/yellow. Time to step it up fans.

DjKyRo
12-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Welp, may as well start planning for the semifinals because we don't lose in gold. We could play the Packers and win if we were wearing gold. We could create a magnetic monopole wearing gold. All reason breaks down - we don't lose in gold.

56BISON73
12-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm excited.

Green1
12-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm excited.

This made me laugh. Did you forget the purple?

CaBisonFan
12-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Does this mean that the team is wearing their gold jerseys?

17>1
12-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Good, it'll be nice to see TAB and Mrs. TAB back in the yellow coats and leave those ugly green ones at home.

Any thoughts on why we didn't see gold jerseys for the SDSU game? Is it always up to the players on what to wear?

aces1180
12-10-2014, 01:44 AM
Posted this again...Confirmed - 19000 gold pom poms for the game.

Green1
12-10-2014, 01:47 AM

This is going to look epic on ESPN! Brilliant move!

westnodak93bison
12-10-2014, 01:57 AM
This is going to look epic on ESPN! Brilliant move!
19000 mega phones and fans that are committed to use them would be epic.

17>1
12-10-2014, 01:59 AM

Wow, this is gonna look sooooo legit. Can't wait. I feel like I'll be able to enjoy this game more than the last because of the nerves I was feeling Saturday. Go Bison!!!

Green1
12-10-2014, 02:00 AM
19000 mega phoned and fans that are committed to use them would be epic.

I like what you're putting down!

OatmealWicket92
12-10-2014, 02:00 AM
pompoms....what are we? the SEC?

I think it will look cool, but I always thought Bama/Auburn fans were stupid with pompoms...

Green1
12-10-2014, 02:07 AM

I think it will look cool, but I always thought Bama/Auburn fans were stupid with pompoms...

Yeah, those jokers need to figure out what a legit football program should look like. \purple.

Professor Chaos
12-10-2014, 02:08 AM
You know what else would be epic?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mandatory.com/media/2013/09/two-chicks.jpg

KilldeerBison
12-10-2014, 02:10 AM
Order small popcorn, hurry up and eat it, cut the bottom out. Viola, megaphone. Bison on defense, yell like a maniac!

OatmealWicket92
12-10-2014, 02:10 AM
Yeah, those jokers need to figure out what a legit football program should look like. \purple.

Well I just think thunder towels were cooler...plus mine is still in my room from when they did them

westnodak93bison
12-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Order small popcorn, hurry up and eat it, cut the bottom out. Viola, megaphone. Bison on defense, yell like a maniac!
OK. I can see guys like you and I doing it but it would take a marketing effort to get the average fan on board.

StL Bison Fan
12-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Let's see what kind of rhythm a bunch of upper Midwest folks have with those pom poms. We are lucky we can remotely clap in unison with let's go Bison. This is going to be fun. No purple.

Green1
12-10-2014, 02:18 AM
Well I just think thunder towels were cooler...plus mine is still in my room from when they did them

Just kidding you, my friend. I honestly think that when the ESPN cameras pan the sea of yellow that is the crowd with the poms shaking coupled with roar of the dome, it's going to be a special moment.

OatmealWicket92
12-10-2014, 02:30 AM
Just kidding you, my friend. I honestly think that when the ESPN cameras pan the sea of yellow that is the crowd with the poms shaking coupled with roar of the dome, it's going to be a special moment.

Sucks I work later in the day so I can't make it from Minot...but I'll be yelling as loud as I can still

gumby013
12-10-2014, 02:33 AM
Pom poms will make it tougher for those that think clapping is making enough noise.

HerdBot
12-10-2014, 02:33 AM
If Michigan can do http://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/photo/3401/9672/e33ef1ee-874f-424a-9a97-0d857fce6a98_large.JPG

KilldeerBison
12-10-2014, 03:14 AM
After watching the Richmond vs CC game, anybody else think Richmond didn't have to very good defense?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tony
12-10-2014, 02:34 PM
After watching the Richmond vs CC game, anybody else think Richmond didn't have to very good defense?

I get a lot of CAA games on cable so I saw a Richmond game... the adjective that best describes what I saw is "weak". I mean, JMU beat them by 5 TDs despite having two secondary players ejected for targeting on the same drive. The refs were atrocious in that game, btw.

BisonNeil
12-10-2014, 05:05 PM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Always tough to compare conferences, I know, but Richmond ranked #35 in total defense, giving up 352 yds/game. In contrast, CC isn't even in the top 50 teams and supposedly, according to everyone on this site, they play in a shitty conference and don't play anyone.

Richmond's rushing defense ranked #33, giving up 143 yds per game, but the CAA is more of a passing league in my opinion. Consequently, Richmond's passing yards given up also don't rank in the top 50. CC is not ranked in either category.

To me scoring defense is the best indicator of your defense. You can give up yards but if you keep them from scoring TDs, you have a pretty good chance of winning. Case in point, CC doesn't rank in the top 50 of any of the previous categories but have a top 10 scoring defense, giving up only 18 pts/gm. Richmond is tied with SDSU at #49 giving up 25.4 pts/gm (NDSU is #2 at 12.5).

So, Richmond didn't have the best defense, but they weren't really bad either. CC's defense may be better than we suspect, but we won't know for another 75 hrs or so.

TAILG8R
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Always tough to compare conferences, I know, but Richmond ranked #35 in total defense, giving up 352 yds/game. In contrast, CC isn't even in the top 50 teams and supposedly, according to everyone on this site, they play in a shitty conference and don't play anyone.

Richmond's rushing defense ranked #33, giving up 143 yds per game, but the CAA is more of a passing league in my opinion. Consequently, Richmond's passing yards given up also don't rank in the top 50. CC is not ranked in either category.

To me scoring defense is the best indicator of your defense. You can give up yards but if you keep them from scoring TDs, you have a pretty good chance of winning. Case in point, CC doesn't rank in the top 50 of any of the previous categories but have a top 10 scoring defense, giving up only 18 pts/gm. Richmond is tied with SDSU at #49 giving up 25.4 pts/gm (NDSU is #2 at 12.5).

So, Richmond didn't have the best defense, but they weren't really bad either. CC's defense may be better than we suspect, but we won't know for another 75 hrs or so.

I think scoring defense isn't really the answer to rankings either because if you suck at stopping the run but no one in your conference has a power running game it probably won't affect your scoring defense. Same can be said with pass D vs pass O. So a team may have a top whatever scoring D but if they haven't played against a team that runs a lot(or passes a lot) and hasn't faced those types of teams all year the scoring defense numbers can be misleading. I think you have to look at all of it and make some educated guesses.

I think that makes sense, it did while I was typing it anyway.

bisonridge
12-11-2014, 02:19 AM
Let's see what kind of rhythm a bunch of upper Midwest folks have with those pom poms. We are lucky we can remotely clap in unison with let's go Bison. This is going to be fun. No purple.

Because shaking a pom pom in the air requires rhythm? If so I'm screwed. Maybe I will bring an extra one for the other hand, no way I can have two of them out of rhythm.

StL Bison Fan
12-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Because shaking a pom pom in the air requires rhythm? If so I'm screwed. Maybe I will bring an extra one for the other hand, no way I can have two of them out of rhythm.

In the video, They actually shake them In unison. They do the same thing at KSU without pompoms. Pretty impressive.

56BISON73
12-11-2014, 02:24 AM

Come on over I will give you mine.

bisonridge
12-11-2014, 02:31 AM
In the video, They actually shake them In unison. They do the same thing at KSU without pompoms. Pretty impressive.

Ok....you're right I don't think we have the talent, but it will still look pretty cool on first downs and coming out of the tunnel!

bisonridge
12-11-2014, 02:31 AM
Come on over I will give you mine.

Well it looks like we have a debby downer over here!!!!!!

56BISON73
12-11-2014, 02:33 AM

Hey you were the one who said he needed another one.

Green1
12-11-2014, 02:35 AM

Psssssst, he would waive his pom if it was green.

Facts
12-11-2014, 02:36 AM
As a fan, one does not truly participate in "gold rush" unless they also wear green pants.

bisonridge
12-11-2014, 02:36 AM
Hey you were the one who said he needed another one.

and I do but wouldn't want to take one from another enthusiastic fan!!!

17>1
12-11-2014, 02:46 AM
As a fan, one does not truly participate in "gold rush" unless they also wear green pants.

My dad wears a pair of green pants to every Bison game......and pretty much the same pair of pants every other day of the week too....serious. I'm taking him shopping for Christmas and Fathers day. On a side note, my dad is a pretty proud Bison fan. He works on the road quite often in cities like Bismarck and GF, and he's always rep'n Bison apparel. It's quite the conversation starter and he PUMPS UP NDSU any chance he gets. In fact, he tells me Bismarck seems to be changing their loyalties and he runs across Bison fans all the time. He also mentioned that he was in Bismarck High walking around thanking the faculty and anyone who would listen "Thank you for giving us Carson Wentz!!!". I had to remind him he went to Century but I like his spirit nonetheless.

56BISON73
12-11-2014, 02:52 AM
and I do but wouldn't want to take one from another enthusiastic fan!!!

No problem. I would much rather give it to someone who would use it.

ZHerd
12-11-2014, 02:56 AM

Let's bring metronomes

Tatanka
12-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Let's bring metronomes

Didn't they collapse that thing a few months ago?

17>1
12-11-2014, 03:19 AM
Didn't they collapse that thing a few months ago?

I think it's actually been relocated to west of the field house. Or so it appears from a distance.

CyPanth
12-11-2014, 04:31 AM

Seriously. I went to the SEC championship game last Saturday. The club section was filled with Alabama guys in ironed trousers, red/white checkered shirts, and little pompoms. How can they be so arrogant and pathetic at the same time?

OatmealWicket92
12-11-2014, 04:33 AM
Seriously. I went to the SEC championship game last Saturday. The club section was filled with Alabama guys in ironed trousers, red/white checkered shirts, and little pompoms. How can they be so arrogant and pathetic at the same time?

Yessir.....

Green1
12-11-2014, 04:41 AM

If I told you Iowa State could play for the national championship if you ironed your trousers and shook a Pom pon, would you do it?

CyPanth
12-11-2014, 04:51 AM
If I told you Iowa State could play for the national championship if you ironed your trousers and shook a Pom pon, would you do it?

I'd iron trousers for all of you and shake all your pom poms if either Iowa State or UNI could be in the national championship.

Tatanka
12-11-2014, 11:55 AM
I'd iron trousers for all of you and shake all your pom poms if either Iowa State or UNI could be in the national championship.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there gunpowder. This is a family board.

LikeMothers
12-11-2014, 04:31 PM

For your information, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!

BisonNeil
12-11-2014, 05:56 PM

My second belly laugh of the lunch hour. Damn, life is good! Thank you!!