PDA

View Full Version : Attendance - 15,609!!!!!

TheBisonator
09-01-2006, 03:05 AM
I personally thought it looked like over 16,000, but you gotta take what you can get. I really think we're going to average over 15,000 this season, which seems to be the magic mark for a lot of people. Plus, we wouldn't be violating the I-A attendance rule if we did that (even though we're not I-A). ;)

here's to 15,000-plus for every game this season!!! :)

Hammersmith
09-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Nice increase from last year's 13,793 opener. On pace for a 16,000 average.

Okay, it might be a little early for projections. :)

bisonmike
09-01-2006, 03:14 AM
very impressive. a huge score and decent attendance. add in the Mid-con and today was all time as far as bison athletics go.

sambini
09-01-2006, 03:51 AM
++++++++++++++++++

chuckles
09-01-2006, 05:27 AM
was the dome loud at times? how was the crowd? Just wondering if any of the living dead made any noise tonight. I was in the student sections and that area of the dome with loud and filled with energy. Just wondering how the game atmosphere was for the rest of you?

TheDoctor
09-01-2006, 05:33 AM
The student section was aswome! A sea of yellow! "The land of the free and the home of the BISON!" I always love that! :D

BisBison
09-01-2006, 05:36 AM
The dome did get a bit noisy at the beginning of the game especially the students. But as the game got more out of hand the crowd sorta just settled in and watched. BTW what a great student section :o :o yellow all the way to the top all across the whole section.

broke_back_mnt
09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
There was a lot of crowd shots on the internet broadcast. The student section was wild. One guy had on a green and gold vertical striped suit. Lots of families too, thought I saw SDBison. How did section 21 work?

rabidrabbit
09-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Congrats on a great turn-out, a devastatingly decisive blow-out of what should be a just miss the DII playoffs team, and MOST IMPORTANTLY MID-CON membership!!!!!

In other news from AGS - at least 4 of the I-AA hosted games had attendence over 10k. Only Youngstown appears to have outdrawn the Bison.

Great start for what I hope is a GREAT Bison season!!!

Hambone
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Congrats to the Bison from this Sioux fan. *You guys are looking like you're going to have an awfully good team this year, probably top 10. *Attedence like that for a game against Concordia St Paul spells good things for attendence for the rest of the year. *Also, congrats on the Mid Con. *I know you all are very proud of that as you should be. *Keep making the state proud!

DORMIE
09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Great turnout by the students. They filled 10 sections. Hope they keep coming back. Is there something they can do with that damn music. They must think we're all deaf, or we will be someday.

Shakermaker
09-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Great turnout by the students. *They filled 10 sections. *Hope they keep coming back. *Is there something they can do with that damn music. *They must think we're all deaf, or we will be someday.

Great Job on your opener Bison fans. My question is: who is hung over?

BisonMav
09-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Congrats to the Bison from this Sioux fan. *You guys are looking like you're going to have an awfully good team this year, probably top 10. *Attedence like that for a game against Concordia St Paul spells good things for attendence for the rest of the year. *Also, congrats on the Mid Con. *I know you all are very proud of that as you should be. *Keep making the state proud!

Thanks Hambone. :)

Scooter
09-01-2006, 02:33 PM
My impressions on the crowd.
1. Student section..... wow they really showed up bigtime!!!
2. Not alot of empty seats. 15609 is more than any predictions from back in May.
3. They were loud when they had to be. (loved the band jumping in unison on the metal bleechers)
4. Second half was a wash cause the game was over early.

markerman
09-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Average Attendance Prediction:

I think Cal Poly is a tough one to predict, so with the following estimates:

Concordia - 15,609
Northeastern - 17,500 (Conservative?)
Miss. Valley State - 16,500 (last year's HC = 16,193)
Cal Poly - ???
SDSU - 16,000 (last year's SDSU game = 15,777)

Season Average / Cal Poly attendance required
16,000 = CP 14,391.
15,500 = CP 11,891
15,000 = CP 9,391

TransAmBison
09-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I it was a nice start to getting some noise in section 21...

virgfoss
09-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Last years AK-Monticello game drew 13,700.(1st game)
15,600 vs. CSP.(1st game)
Remember the Cal-Davis game after the win in Montana? Was there even
15,000 there? Maybe.
Bit by bit and year by year things are getting better attendance wise for the Bison.

That's pretty good.

Bisonfan1
09-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I it was a nice start to getting some noise in section 21...

Yes it was, still alot of work to do to get the 3rd down defensive stands an automatic get your duff off the seat routine. *Would be nice to add some more passionate fans into 21 (and other places), still deadbeats that only moved during the kick offs. Im sure some of these deadbeat people are NOT season ticket holders. One of the biggest cheerleaders in our section is in his 70's so no excuses not to get up once in awhile. All the rest of the games this year will be critical for fan support. I almost forgot - GREAT JOB STUDENT SECTION ! KEEP IT ROLLING EVERY GAME.

IowaBison
09-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't be so hard on fans after CSP. It difficult even for a super fan like to give a hoot when the home team is up by 40.

Northeastern, Cal Poly, and SDSU are sure to be rocking and MVSU should be too being homecoming and all.

If the Dome isn't absolutely nuts when we play the Mustangs then I'll join in the criticism of our fellow bison supporters.

Bisonfan1
09-01-2006, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't be so hard on fans after CSP. *It difficult even for a super fan like to give a hoot when the home team is up by 40.

Northeastern, Cal Poly, and SDSU are sure to be rocking and MVSU should be too being homecoming and all.

If the Dome isn't absolutely nuts when we play the Mustangs then I'll join in the criticism of our fellow bison supporters.
Im not being critical, just telling it like it is. And I agree I toned it down a bit when the slaughter started also. I would just like to see an automatic thing on defensive 3rd downs without prompts someday like used to take place over at the other field. I do like the everyone up for the kick off thing, but if had a choice, DEFENSIVE 3rd downs all the time, not too much to ask. I think your right, some upcoming games are going to be nuts as they will probably go down to the wire and everybody needs to stay into the game.

bison_baseball
09-01-2006, 03:12 PM
All this talk of a sea of yellow really makes me wish I was there....does anybody have any pics from the game and the tailgating?

Bisonfan1
09-01-2006, 03:23 PM
BisonGuy had his camera going and he will have pictures up on the Bison Insider site shortly I would imagine.

bisonaudit
09-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Sounds like the upperclassmen in the student section did a good job introducing the freshman fans to Bison football traditions. It's hard in a blow out but, need to train people to get up for those 3rd down stands, etc.

Hopefully the dome can do some things to make it easier for the students to get inside. I heard that the lines were crazy and they only had 2 ternstiles or what have you open. Some kids even left the line from what I hear. Have to get this fixed as student section is key to game day atmostphere in the dome.

roadwarrior
09-01-2006, 10:00 PM
We play Poly on Nov 11th. When does deer season open? Hopefully the week before.

Gamehunter
09-01-2006, 10:31 PM
We play Poly on Nov 11th. When does deer season open? Hopefully the week before.

sorry road, deer gun runs from November 10th-26th

The Cal Poly game is going to be by far the worst draw of the season unless the BISON have some BIG TIME upsets in the comming months. The best we can hope/expect for is an improvement from previous years on that date. I still think we are going to see 16k+ average for the season.

Hammersmith
09-02-2006, 08:47 PM
3. *They were loud when they had to be. *(loved the band jumping in unison on the metal bleechers)
Sorry for another band story, but this reminded me of a funny memory.

Back in the early 90's, the band was sitting back where it is now. Back then, we would all jump in unison during the drum cadence at the end of On Bison. 160 band geeks can get those bleachers moving! I remember being on the aisle and looking next to me where a little girl, maybe 8, was bouncing about 2 feet in the air with a huge smile on her face. Back then, we were better than a trip to Valleyfair for young kids.

After we moved up to the west-side, we tried the same thing and nearly blew out all our knees. Concrete HURTS!

markerman
09-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Updated average attendance prediction (following Northeastern game):

Concordia - 15,609
Northeastern - 16,134
Miss. Valley State - 16,500 (last year's HC = 16,193)
Cal Poly - ???
SDSU - 15,000 (prediction lowered due to SDSU being awful thus far)

Season Average / Cal Poly attendance required
16,000 = CP 16,757
15,500 = CP 14,257
15,000 = CP 11,757

I think after the first two games, 15,000 is a realistic goal, but 16,000 is (most) definitely a stretch. A Northeastern sellout sure would have helped, but 16k+ is a good crowd. SDSU turning their season around will certainly help that final game as well.

Herd_Mentality
09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
The SDSU games attendance will further be hurt by the fact that deer season will still be in full effect that weekend. I really wish the administration would finally make that connection and try to avoid scheduling home games on BOTH of those weekends.

BisBison
09-18-2006, 05:33 PM
The SDSU games attendance will further be hurt by the fact that deer season will still be in full effect that weekend. *I really wish the administration would finally make that connection and try to avoid scheduling home games on BOTH of those weekends.

Not much we can do about this, as both games are conference games, which are scheduled by the conference. I do agree it sucks, but the Bison need to draw no matter who or when we play. We'll get there a little at a time.

Herd_Mentality
09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Ah...but as a member of a conference....we can voice our concerns and try to never have more than one of those two weekends as a home game