PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 attendance

cbline
12-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Interesting attendance numbers from the December 6th games, taken from ESPN. Gotta love that Fargo Dome!!:

New Hampshire - 4,021

Chattanooga - 8,419

Coastal Carolina - 5,601

Jacksonville - 10,832

Illinois State - 5,575

Eastern Washington - 7,919

Villanova - 3.113

NDSU - 18,113

marenlee
12-08-2014, 12:59 AM
These numbers really make me sad as an FCS/football fan. So much good football out there and empty stadiums.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2014, 01:00 AM
good support, UNH.

Portlandbison
12-08-2014, 01:28 AM
Watched some of the jacksonville game and 10,000 is generous. One side of the field was empty. Meanwhile we are fighting over 500 student tickets.

BisonHorns
12-08-2014, 01:44 AM
In the past people have said something like the band and other attendants are not counted during playoff attendance. There were more bodies then the number reportef.

HerdBot
12-08-2014, 01:47 AM
Watched some of the jacksonville game and 10,000 is generous. One side of the field was empty. Meanwhile we are fighting over 500 student tickets.

And in reality the attendance was probably 19K, I didn't see an empty seat

Hammerhead
12-08-2014, 01:51 AM
At least EWU was close to a sellout. Lots of empty seats when I was channel surfing before our game.

DORMIE
12-08-2014, 01:53 AM
I agree with HerdBolt. The corner seats in the student section were filled until the end of the game. We had 18,113 of the total 63,593 total attendance in the 8 games . That's 28.48%. Any wonder why they want to come to the FargoDome in the playoffs.

HandoEX
12-08-2014, 02:01 AM
I didn't expect the UNH and Nova numbers to be that low.

nodak651
12-08-2014, 02:04 AM
good support, UNH.

They drew 6,263 at their hockey game the night before.

I heard Eastern Washington sold out in 20 min. Montana fans were upset because they couldn't get tickets.

marenlee
12-08-2014, 02:05 AM
I'd expect better for UNH considering they're #1 and football seems to be their best sport. Not surprised about Nova since they're a basketball school. Skimming their board before they worry about people attending the football game since the basketball game follows shortly after.

Gully
12-08-2014, 02:06 AM
Students were awesome! Great atmosphere overall. It wasn't quite as fun as Georgia Southern to me because of all the focus on the officials as opposed to the competitors.

Great game by SDSU, I feel bad for Zenner and Sumner. Two really good players. Zenner has about as good of speed/strength combination as you'll see. Seemed almost as strong as the Wofford back but much faster at the same time!

bisonpride4ever
12-08-2014, 02:46 AM
I didn't expect the UNH and Nova numbers to be that low.

I think UNH's stadium holds 6k or so, I could be wrong. The Nova game was an absolute monsoon.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Hammersmith
12-08-2014, 04:43 AM
I think UNH's stadium holds 6k or so, I could be wrong. The Nova game was an absolute monsoon.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Yep, 6500. Probably can go quite a bit above that with overflow or standing room tickets. They claim a 10,000 and 18,000 game last year(2013) and a record of 20k even back in 1977. Don't know if they play some of their games at an alternate site or not. They'll be breaking ground on a mostly new facility within the month(10k seated).

And Montana fans were pissed because EWU chose not to bring in portable seating like they did during the regular season. They also pulled something similar to what USD did to us by giving EWU boosters first dibs. The choices were probably a combination of money and crowd reasons. EWU officials likely didn't want to let too many Montana fans into the game and lose some part of their home field advantage. A lot of Griz fans thought EWU was leaving a bunch of money on the table. I have my doubts. We know the NCAA takes about 75% of the net. We also know the NCAA has rigid rules on what is allowed as an expense and what isn't. I wonder if the rental of the stands, the labor to install them, and at least part of other expenses like additional security would not be covered. If that were the case, then EWU would end up making very little additional money even if they added a couple thousand seats. Likely not worth the loss to home field advantage.

SamsRams
12-08-2014, 05:20 AM
Zero chance over 10K at Jacksonville St game

ndsubison1
12-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Interesting attendance numbers from the December 6th games, taken from ESPN. Gotta love that Fargo Dome!!:

New Hampshire - 4,021

Chattanooga - 8,419

Coastal Carolina - 5,601

Jacksonville - 10,832

Illinois State - 5,575

Villanova - 3.113

NDSU - 18,113

Keep in mind that is Jacksonville, AL. Population around 12K

Tatanka
12-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Yep, 6500. Probably can go quite a bit above that with overflow or standing room tickets. They claim a 10,000 and 18,000 game last year(2013) and a record of 20k even back in 1977. Don't know if they play some of their games at an alternate site or not. They'll be breaking ground on a mostly new facility within the month(10k seated).

And Montana fans were pissed because EWU chose not to bring in portable seating like they did during the regular season. They also pulled something similar to what USD did to us by giving EWU boosters first dibs. The choices were probably a combination of money and crowd reasons. EWU officials likely didn't want to let too many Montana fans into the game and lose some part of their home field advantage. A lot of Griz fans thought EWU was leaving a bunch of money on the table. I have my doubts. We know the NCAA takes about 75% of the net. We also know the NCAA has rigid rules on what is allowed as an expense and what isn't. I wonder if the rental of the stands, the labor to install them, and at least part of other expenses like additional security would not be covered. If that were the case, then EWU would end up making very little additional money even if they added a couple thousand seats. Likely not worth the loss to home field advantage.

While true/plausible, this is absolutely pathetic and counterproductive to the FCS product as a whole.

Wait, hang on, I'll translate. This is pud. Did I do it right?

Da Bison
12-08-2014, 11:50 AM

New Hampshire - 4,021

Chattanooga - 8,419

Coastal Carolina - 5,601

Jacksonville - 10,832

Illinois State - 5,575

Villanova - 3.113

NDSU - 18,113

Also keep in mind that each of these teams were seeded. They had 2 weeks to sell tickets and make arrangements for additional seating if needed.

bisonhp330
12-08-2014, 12:00 PM

now we know where that dude came from that counted the Dakotah Field seats.........

KC Bison
12-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Great game by SDSU, I feel bad for Zenner and Sumner. Two really good players. Zenner has about as good of speed/strength combination as you'll see. Seemed almost as strong as the Wofford back but much faster at the same time!

Those jacks looked devastated in postgame press conference shown in the Sioux Falls paper. Apparently they thought the game was over at the 3 minute mark.....like the Bison were going to give up.

Binford30
12-09-2014, 01:19 AM
Those jacks looked devastated in postgame press conference shown in the Sioux Falls paper. Apparently they thought the game was over at the 3 minute mark.....like the Bison were going to give up.
Zenner said in the post game presser he thought they were going to win even when we were on the 7.

StL Bison Fan
12-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Zenner said in the post game presser he thought they were going to win even when we were on the 7.

Silly wabbit

BYZEN
12-09-2014, 01:30 AM

Of course they did, they paid that ref a lot of money to fix the game... :hide: *

*That's a purple swipe at the ref not the Jack's you colorblind trolls, don't get your cottontails in a bunch

BisonNeil
12-09-2014, 06:05 PM

Well, I think Jeremy Jorgenson said it best in the pre-game radio show. "NDSU knows how to win this game, SDSU hopes to win this game. That is a big difference between the two teams".

Given the same set of circumstances but a reverse situation my guess is SDSU players know they could not win the game, ergo they went with what they knew themselves to be true and could not imagine an alternative ending because it was too foreign a concept for them.

Honeybooboo
12-09-2014, 06:23 PM
illinois St should have had more, that's pretty sad

JDZ
12-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Is there any fan base left on the other side of the bracket that will travel to Frisco in any numbers?

Honeybooboo
12-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Is there any fan base left on the other side of the bracket that will travel to Frisco in any numbers?

Sam Houston St of course would have the best but they won't make it due to their bracket placement :biggrin:

EWU would probably have a good showing but I don't think anyone else would have a ton. I am guessing whoever makes it will have their allotment full at least

Bison Loaf
12-09-2014, 06:32 PM

New Hampshire - 4,021

Chattanooga - 8,419

Coastal Carolina - 5,601

Jacksonville - 10,832

Illinois State - 5,575

Villanova - 3.113

NDSU - 18,113

But NDSU had a bunch of "knitters" and Teamakers not making enough noise to somebody's liking, so Fargo's seemingly dominant numbers are very deceiving. :facepalm: (Sweet Mother of Jesus!)

NDSU1980
12-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Zenner said in the post game presser he thought they were going to win even when we were on the 7.Well, that just shows the arrogance of the bunnies, and it cost them big time. It's not over until it's over, and the Bison fought until the last second.

StL Bison Fan
12-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Well, that just shows the arrogance of the bunnies, and it cost them big time. It's not over until it's over, and the Bison fought until the last second.

Was it arrogance or being naive, I don't know. But I know this, champions play to the final whistle.
They never think it's in the bag. Perhaps this was the difference in who won this game?
Remember,sometimes it only takes 27 seconds to win a game. Right Rhett?

BisoninNWMN
12-09-2014, 08:30 PM

No.

If the Bison make it to Frisco this year, it will be 90% Bison fans again.

CAS4127
12-09-2014, 08:32 PM

I recall him saying that relative to their final TD and us having a long field with 3:30 or so to go, not when we were on their 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
12-09-2014, 08:38 PM
I recall him saying that relative to their final TD and us having a long field with 3:30 or so to go, not when we were on their 7.

Stop it. You are ruining the story.

bisonboone11
12-09-2014, 08:52 PM

He did say that even when we had it inside the redzone, he thought they had it. I don't believe he specifically said when we were on the 7 though.

JDZ
12-09-2014, 09:08 PM
EWU would probably have a good showing but I don't think anyone else would have a ton. I am guessing whoever makes it will have their allotment full at least
I thought the general consensus was that EWU fans don't travel well, let alone fill up their small stadium. And I'm pretty sure others in the know said UNH's fan base is small. I don't really know anything about Chattanooga or Illinois State, other than they don't even fill up their home stadiums.

No.

If the Bison make it to Frisco this year, it will be 90% Bison fans again.
That's what I figure.

Hammerhead
12-09-2014, 09:19 PM
EWU vs. Delaware only drew 13,027 the first year the championship was held in Frisco. It's hard to compare attendance figures at previous sites when Marshall or Georgia Southern played in their home stadiums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_Football_Championship#Champions

CyPanth
12-09-2014, 09:25 PM
I thought the general consensus was that EWU fans don't travel well, let alone fill up their small stadium. And I'm pretty sure others in the know said UNH's fan base is small. I don't really know anything about Chattanooga or Illinois State, other than they don't even fill up their home stadiums.

That's what I figure.

How can you not fill your home stadiums? Seems ridiculous, especially when your team is good and even in the playoffs.

That is one thing we have going for us in Ames. We may only win a few games per year, but we are making a significant expansion of our stadium. The endzone bleachers are completely in piles on the ground as of today. A new, much more expensive endzone section and more than 10,000 new seats will be in place for next season.

bisonaudit
12-09-2014, 09:31 PM
He did say that even when we had it inside the redzone, he thought they had it. I don't believe he specifically said when we were on the 7 though.

What's he supposed to say? "I knew we'd lost at that point."

bisonboone11
12-09-2014, 09:35 PM
What's he supposed to say? "I knew we'd lost at that point."
I agree. I was just responding to CAS saying he didn't remember Zenner saying anything about thinking they were still going to win when we had the ball on the 7.

EndZoneQB
12-09-2014, 09:42 PM
But NDSU had a bunch of "knitters" and Teamakers not making enough noise to somebody's liking, so Fargo's seemingly dominant numbers are very deceiving. :facepalm: (Sweet Mother of Jesus!)

Wait, what? What do people sitting on their hands have to do with our numbers being deceiving? That's literally a butt on hand(s) in a seat. The dominant numbers are actual numbers...

Well, that just shows the arrogance of the bunnies, and it cost them big time. It's not over until it's over, and the Bison fought until the last second.

It's not like Zenner was out there quitting? Besides, why the hell wouldn't you be confident you were going to win? It would be FAR more troubling if he said "We knew there was too much time on the clock so we knew we were going to lose". Think about it without the koolaid. We would be PRAISING our players for the confidence they showed if they said they knew were going to win when we were on the 7.

wow
12-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Well, I think Jeremy Jorgenson said it best in the pre-game radio show. "NDSU knows how to win this game, SDSU hopes to win this game. That is a big difference between the two teams".

Given the same set of circumstances but a reverse situation my guess is SDSU players know they could not win the game, ergo they went with what they knew themselves to be true and could not imagine an alternative ending because it was too foreign a concept for them.

This is complete bullshit. According to your theory, SDSU would have laid down after being down 14-0. Or SDSU would have laid down when NDSU went up 20-17.

NDSU is better than SDSU, bottom line. Your guys got it done when it mattered most. Here we are 3 days later, and Bisonville is full of complete horseshit about NDSU manifest destiny to make yourselves feel better about almost getting beat by a quality opponent. Because the truth is, a large segment of NDSU fans are arrogant pricks.

Do you guys realize that when you put down your opponents, you cheapen the amazing accomplishments of your players and coaches? I honestly mean that, the accomplishments are amazing and I'm jealous, but to hear you all tell it you've done it against junior high teams! Congratulations for being the smartest kid on the short bus!

I'll hang up and listen.

EndZoneQB
12-09-2014, 09:58 PM
This is complete bullshit. According to your theory, SDSU would have laid down after being down 14-0. Or SDSU would have laid down when NDSU went up 20-17.

NDSU is better than SDSU, bottom line. Your guys got it done when it mattered most. Here we are 3 days later, and Bisonville is full of complete horseshit about NDSU manifest destiny to make yourselves feel better about almost getting beat by a quality opponent. Because the truth is, a large segment of NDSU fans are arrogant pricks.

Do you guys realize that when you put down your opponents, you cheapen the amazing accomplishments of your players and coaches? I honestly mean that, the accomplishments are amazing and I'm jealous, but to hear you all tell it you've done it against junior high teams! Congratulations for being the smartest kid on the short bus!

I'll hang up and listen.

Ok, calm down.

We aren't used to beating people at the end of the game, we are used to being able to leave after halftime. I don't think the "arrogance" is even on purpose, I think after 3 in a row, the winning streak, etc we just expect us to win and win big. I'm not trying to be a dick, but can you imagine the arrogance your fanbase would have if they hadn't lost a road game since 2010? We've lost 3 games over the last 4 years, total. Any fanbase would be arrogant, intentional or not. I mean, do you know what it feels like to walk into an FBS/BCS stadium and look their fans in the face and tell them you are going to win(well, and do it)? It comes off as arrogant, but is it? I'm just being honest.

Is there arrogance? Absolutely. But think of the expectations we have for our program...something most programs dream of, and that's why it seems so arrogant. Most fans are good people that are just confident.*

*And/or frontrunners

Honeybooboo
12-09-2014, 10:05 PM

I'll hang up and listen.

There were several instances I witnessed from your fans Saturday that were arrogant and classless....so don't throw stones

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2014, 10:12 PM

I'll go fuck myself.

There's a better suggestion. He's right, SDSU was out classed in every area. You needed a gimmicky wildcat after being gifted dozens of yards by the terrible officials.

Those shitty refs were the only thing that made the game close.

wow
12-09-2014, 10:37 PM
There's a better suggestion. He's right, SDSU was out classed in every area. You needed a gimmicky wildcat after being gifted dozens of yards by the terrible officials.

Those shitty refs were the only thing that made the game close.

Just because your coaching staff didn't prepare doesn't mean its a gimmick. SDSU has been running wildcat since before the last time we beat NDSU.

So there's one area SDSU wasn't out classed.

westnodak93bison
12-09-2014, 10:43 PM
There were several instances I witnessed from your fans Saturday that were arrogant and classless....so don't throw stones
All the Jacks fans I met were great. One brought a kick ass jerky, pepper stick cheese tray made by a place in Pipestem? I don't think too many Bison fans are arrogant. I heard more concern before the game rather than optimism. Was a great game with some crap reffing.

Honeybooboo
12-09-2014, 11:00 PM
All the Jacks fans I met were great. One brought a kick ass jerky, pepper stick cheese tray made by a place in Pipestem? I don't think too many Bison fans are arrogant. I heard more concern before the game rather than optimism. Was a great game with some crap reffing.

just making a point, wow blankets us all for thing he perceives as arrogant, I witnessed 1 SDSU fan cheering when Vraa went down...hence its message board protocol to perceive all Jack fans that way....

Bison 4 Life
12-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Just because your coaching staff didn't prepare doesn't mean its a gimmick. SDSU has been running wildcat since before the last time we beat NDSU.

So there's one area SDSU wasn't out classed.

Yes, how well did that work when you had 80 yds to go instead of 25?

Sent directly from my mind.

KC Bison
12-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Game was over Saturday but I didn't see the post game press conference until Monday. My only point of bringing Zenner's comment up was he seemed a little over-confident. I went back and relistened to the press conference. to make sure I got it right. Zenner said that even when the Bison were "in the red zone", he was sure they would get the ball back and down it three times and win the game. It seems that when you lose to a team 6 (now 7) times in a row, you might not want to presume anything about winning. Is that arrogance on our part to point out over-confidence on your part?