PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina fan forum.....

Pages : [1] 2

1bizon1
12-07-2014, 10:52 AM
http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=57884.0

A1pigskin
12-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Time to bring back the buzz saw as referenced in the link.

Tatanka
12-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Hopefully any Coastal Carolina fans that make the trip will see fit to stop by the tailgate lot before the game for some good old fashioned northern hospitality... Because their team may not experience any come game time.
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs

westnodak93bison
12-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Bring on the nut beards

Tatanka
12-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Bring on the nut beards

The fighting Dan hammers?

Bison 4 Life
12-07-2014, 04:41 PM
The fighting Dan hammers?

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8640/15782575529_982149fa14_m.jpg

Mr. Burgundy
12-07-2014, 09:16 PM
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8640/15782575529_982149fa14_m.jpg

Can u imagine how excited Dan hammer was when we almost lost? Priceless hi dan! O know u are reading this.

OatmealWicket92
12-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Holy shit. They really dont get that PI call.... Jesus Christ.

gumby013
12-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Holy shit. They really dont get that PI call.... Jesus Christ.

I could post pictures to clear the whole thing up for them...but it's more entertaining this way.

OatmealWicket92
12-08-2014, 03:18 PM
I could post pictures to clear the whole thing up for them...but it's more entertaining this way.

Yeah things are done slower in the south. This also applies to their comprehension skills.

And the fact they said that gave us the TD...we still had to execute the plays.
Cant wait to blow this team out again. JC/CW goes off on power runs.

SafeTeeJ
12-08-2014, 03:23 PM

Listen up you numbskulls!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Actually there's only one blockhead (cornholeboard) who can't figure it out. And several of his board comrades have intricately explained it to him, but alas, he remains ignorant. It's really quite incredible.

Green1
12-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Actually there's only one blockhead (cornholeboard) who can't figure it out. And several of his board comrades have intricately explained it to him, but alas, he remains ignorant. It's really quite incredible.

I had to laugh reading his comments. You could just feel the level of frustration rising as poster, after poster, tried to get him to understand what actually happened. He would have none of it. You just can't cure stupid sometimes.

NDSUBowler
12-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Holy crap cornholeboard is pretty frustrating to read.

I hope some of the CCU fans come to BV for the week again!

I always look forward to rok's posts.

Jude3
12-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Bring on the nut beards

I've always called them the throat scrotes

td577
12-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Yeah things are done slower in the south. This also applies to their comprehension skills.

And the fact they said that gave us the TD...we still had to execute the plays.
Cant wait to blow this team out again. JC/CW goes off on power runs.

That makes only the second opposing board I have ever gone to because I clicked the link on this thread. The PI/review call actually enticed me to post but I wasn't very nice as I stated they wouldn't have been the fourth or fifth best team in this conference. Now they are discussing that, but I am done talking to them.

I get that anything could happen on Saturday. They could dial up the perfect plays for 60 minutes and possibly win but watching the Richmond game, they aren't a grind it out team. They were frustrated in the first half when Richmond wasn't bending the way they wanted them to and they don't have the patience to plug away down the field. The hit quick and need big plays to keep their drives going. I just don't see it happening. The 2 FGs and 1 TD in the first half and they did not look comfortable until it started opening up in the second half. Their QB can run and they run their offense out of a pistol set. A lot of quick hit passing and read option running. They won't keep taking the short quick hits, they need to throw downfield. If our defense is patient, ccu will make a mistake and try for too much and somebody is going the other way with it. I see us giving the short stuff away long enough for Ross to get comfortable enough and then jump a route for a possible pick 6. Richmond couldn't stay patient enough. They got caught trying to force too much all the time. Henderson likes to spin out of piled up gaps on runs, so DEs need to stay home until he is wrapped up.

Our offense needs to be patient, as well. Win in the trenches and make it a long day for their defense. They are used to teams trying to keep up with their offense. Get into grind mode and make them stop the running game and hit them with play action because their LBers can drop back in coverage very well. If you lock their LBers up, we can punish them. Richmond was running the ball well off tackle, but they kept wanting to throw the ball downfield. When ccu's LBers didn't drop in coverage, Richmond did throw with some success.

I just don't see where ccu has enough talent to hang for four quarters. There is nothing about ccu's game that looks like they are willing or able to work their way down the field a little bit at a time. Ross takes a lot of chances, they throw away a lot of plays trying for the home run, and when things were working for them, it took perfect passes for them to move the ball. That is a lot to ask for an entire game. Their kicking game is weak but they cover punts well.

BisoninNWMN
12-09-2014, 01:52 AM
That makes only the second opposing board I have ever gone to because I clicked the link on this thread. The PI/review call actually enticed me to post but I wasn't very nice as I stated they wouldn't have been the fourth or fifth best team in this conference. Now they are discussing that, but I am done talking to them.

I get that anything could happen on Saturday. They could dial up the perfect plays for 60 minutes and possibly win but watching the Richmond game, they aren't a grind it out team. They were frustrated in the first half when Richmond wasn't bending the way they wanted them to and they don't have the patience to plug away down the field. The hit quick and need big plays to keep their drives going. I just don't see it happening. The 2 FGs and 1 TD in the first half and they did not look comfortable until it started opening up in the second half. Their QB can run and they run their offense out of a pistol set. A lot of quick hit passing and read option running. They won't keep taking the short quick hits, they need to throw downfield. If our defense is patient, ccu will make a mistake and try for too much and somebody is going the other way with it. I see us giving the short stuff away long enough for Ross to get comfortable enough and then jump a route for a possible pick 6. Richmond couldn't stay patient enough. They got caught trying to force too much all the time. Henderson likes to spin out of piled up gaps on runs, so DEs need to stay home until he is wrapped up.

Our offense needs to be patient, as well. Win in the trenches and make it a long day for their defense. They are used to teams trying to keep up with their offense. Get into grind mode and make them stop the running game and hit them with play action because their LBers can drop back in coverage very well. If you lock their LBers up, we can punish them. Richmond was running the ball well off tackle, but they kept wanting to throw the ball downfield. When ccu's LBers didn't drop in coverage, Richmond did throw with some success.

I just don't see where ccu has enough talent to hang for four quarters. There is nothing about ccu's game that looks like they are willing or able to work their way down the field a little bit at a time. Ross takes a lot of chances, they throw away a lot of plays trying for the home run, and when things were working for them, it took perfect passes for them to move the ball. That is a lot to ask for an entire game. Their kicking game is weak but they cover punts well.

This here.

Richmond was running on them in the 1st half but they kept trying to throw down field. Richmond should have kept running it.

With that 4-2-5 alignment on defense, they are going to have to drop down a safety or two or they will get run over like last year. Grind it out and get a lead and their offense will make mistakes like last year.

BYZEN
12-09-2014, 02:03 AM
Their _efense is like that of a Big Fluffy school, pass rush and pass defend. We just need to play our MVFC football and we will be just fine. I was impressed in the first two drives Saturday that JC was hesitating and letting his blocks develop and we marched down the field. Later, not so much.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-09-2014, 03:03 AM

Yeah, I saw your post over there, you sounded like friggen clod!

td577
12-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Yeah, I saw your post over there, you sounded like friggen clod!

I guess being the clod I am, I should thank you for the compliment.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

SamsRams
12-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Can u imagine how excited Dan hammer was when we almost lost? Priceless hi dan! O know u are reading this.

Hookers and Blow Excited

or just some Blow Excited?

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Hammer splooged in his pants he was so excited. Great to have his hopes smashed like a cheap glass in the end!

Bison"FANatic"
12-09-2014, 02:02 PM
I like when a chicken puffs out its chest and sticks its head up. It makes it easier to cut off.

thebootfitter
12-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Holy crap cornholeboard is pretty frustrating to read.
Yeah, cornholeboard is a piece of work. I tried to have some intelligent conversation with them last year on their board, but cornholio kept spewing nonsense and wouldn't address my points nor make any valid points of his own. They resorted to shutting the thread down.

I just made a post (http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=57884.195) over there that hopefully comes across as mostly factual and complimentary.

td577
12-10-2014, 01:31 AM
Yeah, cornholeboard is a piece of work. I tried to have some intelligent conversation with them last year on their board, but cornholio kept spewing nonsense and wouldn't address my points nor make any valid points of his own. They resorted to shutting the thread down.

I just made a post (http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=57884.195) over there that hopefully comes across as mostly factual and complimentary.

They are not rationale, so it probably won't be. I wanted to see how they would react to your post and they keep talking about how no one respects them. They are convinced the PI call saved the Bison.

Coastalmom:

"I am sure that the NDSU fans are spooked by the close call last week(helped by a questionable review) and the lost during the regular season. They realize that there is a possibility of an upset so they are pulling out all the stops to try and convince themselves they are the still the Great Bison's of old. ex: some of the comments td537 made in his nice post). Someone should tell them nothing last forever. They will not always be invincible. I don't know how many hospitals there are in Fargo but if we pull the upset there will be a lot of Bison fans in the ER with chest pain. ;) I really feel our guys will play better this year. They had so much going against them last year with all the travel miles, time and temperature changes in 2 weeks. Also they had never played in that type of environment(dome) and may have also been a little in awe of NDSU. That will not be the case this year. Our Coaches will have a better game plan and our guys will be ready to play. They are a confident group of young men who feel they deserved the #1 ranking regardless of those who say they were overrated. I think they have a chip on their shoulders and are out to prove the Naysayers wrong and will come out ready to play. GO CHANTS!!!. Wish I could be there to receive some of the great Bison hospitality!!"

This weekend can't come fast enough. They never deserved a #1 ranking. The Bison of old? What old is she talking about? The past 4 years? The past 50 years? They got beat last year by 34, which could have been worse but the Bison let up on the gas, because the conditions didn't line up right? I guess they already forgot they also lost in the regular season. They also must have forgot these seniors have lost three times on our team, so it isn't like it is the most foreign event ever to happen. In fact, the Bison lost to a team that would have beat them by three scores. Another fact, the Bison also beat at least 5 teams who would have beat them by three scores this year. They would have finished no better than 5th or 6th in the MVFC. They think they are better than SDSU. This isn't like Georgia Southern coming back with a McKinnon now playing offense. We should destroy them.

BisoninNWMN
12-10-2014, 01:34 AM
They are not rationale, so it probably won't be. I wanted to see how they would react to your post and they keep talking about how no one respects them. They are convinced the PI call saved the Bison.

Coastalmom:

"I am sure that the NDSU fans are spooked by the close call last week(helped by a questionable review) and the lost during the regular season. They realize that there is a possibility of an upset so they are pulling out all the stops to try and convince themselves they are the still the Great Bison's of old. ex: some of the comments td537 made in his nice post). Someone should tell them nothing last forever. They will not always be invincible. I don't know how many hospitals there are in Fargo but if we pull the upset there will be a lot of Bison fans in the ER with chest pain. ;) I really feel our guys will play better this year. They had so much going against them last year with all the travel miles, time and temperature changes in 2 weeks. Also they had never played in that type of environment(dome) and may have also been a little in awe of NDSU. That will not be the case this year. Our Coaches will have a better game plan and our guys will be ready to play. They are a confident group of young men who feel they deserved the #1 ranking regardless of those who say they were overrated. I think they have a chip on their shoulders and are out to prove the Naysayers wrong and will come out ready to play. GO CHANTS!!!. Wish I could be there to receive some of the great Bison hospitality!!"

This weekend can't come fast enough. They never deserved a #1 ranking. The Bison of old? What old is she talking about? The past 4 years? The past 50 years? They got beat last year by 34, which could have been worse but the Bison let up on the gas, because the conditions didn't line up right? I guess they already forgot they also lost in the regular season. They also must have forgot these seniors have lost three times on our team, so it isn't like it is the most foreign event ever to happen. In fact, the Bison lost to a team that would have beat them by three scores. Another fact, the Bison also beat at least 5 teams who would have beat them by three scores this year. They would have finished no better than 5th or 6th in the MVFC. They think they are better than SDSU. This isn't like Georgia Southern coming back with a McKinnon now playing offense. We should destroy them.

Will destroy them.

We should be able to run for 300+ on that defense.

thebootfitter
12-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Sheesh... they're now claiming that we mic the fans and amplify the crowd noise in the dome. http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=57884.195 Based on a comment from a CCU fan who was at the game last year.

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Yeah, ESPN mics the crowd for their broadcast... Go to any game on a major network and usually in front of the student section you will see microphones set up. The guy should get out more.

KC Bison
12-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Wow, that was probably the worst tip call I have ever seen. On the replay, they weren't within 2 feet of the ball. Also they should have seen there was no change in the spiral of the ball.

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Sheesh... they're now claiming that we mic the fans and amplify the crowd noise in the dome. http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index.php?topic=57884.195 Based on a comment from a CCU fan who was at the game last year.

Oh jeez. Now they're just flailing wildly trying to hit something.

Kind of like Alex Ross in last years game. BOOMSHAKALAKA!

BisonNeil
12-10-2014, 05:15 PM

I have heard a lot of weird shit from southern inbreds, but this is classic.

Those dumbasses get 5600 fans to a playoff game and they are dissing the fans that put 18-19 k in the stands and think they cannot make noise without having a mic? Classic.

This is what happens when inbreeding occurs in humans. The normal 1500 cc of brain volume gets reduced and reverts to a more ape-like volume of 600 cc which severely limits an individuals capacity to think. Some believe it is because the neanderthalis portion of our genome increases from 5% to 9-11% or so, but I am convinced they are simply taking a full step down on the evolutionary ladder. Dumb f__cks...

CAS4127
12-10-2014, 05:26 PM

They are also bitching about hearing the same thing last year by Montana fans, re: You can't beat us, etc. Go back over there and tell them we are accused of artificially increasing the noise in the Dome at least once a year by some dumb ass fans from an opposing PO school.

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm not going to listen to a thing the beach chickens think about our crowd noise compared to Montana.

CCAR 14 21 7 0 42
MONT 14 0 7 14 35

CCAR 0 7 7 0 14
NDSU 17 17 0 14 48

If you can't tell the difference between those two games, you have no f'n idea what you're talking about.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-10-2014, 05:29 PM
I could care less what they say. We have the best FCS atmosphere HANDS DOWN. We will show that Saturday.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Coastalmom:

Bwahahahaha...they lost because of the temperature change...outside the Dome?

CAS4127
12-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I could care less what they say. We have the best FCS atmosphere HANDS DOWN. We will show that Saturday.

Ummmm, some dude who started a thread after the SDSU game to bitch at the team makers would like to discuss this with you?!?!?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Ummmm, some dude who started a thread after the SDSU game to bitch at the team makers would like to discuss this with you?!?!?

I wanted you guys to stand, never said anything about it being a terrible atmosphere. Just thought it would be better. I wont discuss this topic any further. I won't win on this board.

OatmealWicket92
12-10-2014, 05:48 PM
What will they be saying is the reason they get blown out this year? Pompoms were distracting to the QBs reads?

Bisonator98
12-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Coastalmom:

So much funny in this post. :rofl:

OatmealWicket92
12-10-2014, 06:03 PM
why does this person sound like a really annoyingly optimistic fan... im no pessimist but people like that piss me off.

Honeybooboo
12-10-2014, 06:04 PM
I love the fact the team with the weakest ass schedule to make the playoffs outside San Diego and have 1 loss are feeling slighted because they are not #1

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-10-2014, 06:14 PM
So much funny in this post. :rofl:

""(helped by a questionable review)""

This at the top of it. She obviously is not football savvy. I wonder if she viewed all the quetionable calls against NDSU.

td577
12-10-2014, 06:17 PM
""(helped by a questionable review)""

This at the top of it. She obviously is not football savvy. I wonder if she viewed all the quetionable calls against NDSU.

She started out the thread complaining we got help from the refs. She can't let it go even though ccu fans told her it was the right call.

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Especially if us old, lazy, fat team makers get off our asses and cheer. Right?

runtheoption
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Especially if us old, lazy, fat team makers get off our asses and cheer. Right? And sing " and the home of the BRAVE BISON"...

Bisonator98
12-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Well....yeah! :biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 06:35 PM
So they think the Liberty loss was a positive for them but the UNI loss was a sign of weakness for us?

Makes sense.

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Fcs brings out the best in other teams fans. They're filled with so much hope.

Crushing that hope is almost worth staying at fcs.

Almost

NDSU1980
12-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Fcs brings out the best in other teams fans. They're filled with so much hope.

Crushing that hope is almost worth staying at fcs.

Almost
I'm just glad we aren't playing in some whiny assed FBS bowl that no one ever heard of or cares about. (Definitely no purple).

ndsubison1
12-10-2014, 07:20 PM
They are also bitching about hearing the same thing last year by Montana fans, re: You can't beat us, etc. Go back over there and tell them we are accused of artificially increasing the noise in the Dome at least once a year by some dumb ass fans from an opposing PO school.

Except we have a defense. Montana didnt last year.

We matchup very well with these guys. They struggled early vs a bad Richmond defense. Youre not going to beat us with the dink and dunk stuff. Not having Beck hurts , but they will have a tough time moving the ball again on us for the most part. We have the advantag in the trenches as well.

Flow 2-3-4-5
12-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm just glad we aren't playing in some whiny assed FBS bowl that no one ever heard of or cares about. (Definitely no purple).

^^^ This^^^ - I agree 100%

tojo70
12-10-2014, 07:30 PM
LMAO....found this little gem
http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/9-teams-better-than-1-coastal/

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 07:34 PM
LMAO....found this little gem
http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/9-teams-better-than-1-coastal/

That coastalmom gets around, doesn't she?

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Blah.
10ch

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Blah.
10ch

You've changed your post 3 times in two minutes. Make up your mind

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Exactly. ESPN is here. Get off your asses and cheer.

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 07:48 PM

Write a check, that's harder.

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 07:50 PM

It's hard to stand with my wallet in my back pocket. You know, the one I use to financially support this team.

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Write a check, that's harder.

She seems like a nice young lady though

Bison03
12-10-2014, 07:51 PM
It's hard to stand with my wallet in my back pocket. You know, the one I use to financially support this team.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607992259388638971&w=315&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 08:05 PM
She seems like a nice young lady though

actually its......bless her heart, she sounds like a nice young lady

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 08:12 PM
try to tweet using the hashtag #beatNDSU in the most sarcastic way possible.

A little trolling never hurt anyone.

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2014, 08:15 PM
You've changed your post 3 times in two minutes. Make up your mind
Woah. You're telling me you sat there refreshing and read every edit?

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Woah. You're telling me you sat there refreshing and read every edit?

Haha. You just did it again:rofl:

56BISON73
12-10-2014, 08:25 PM

And what does ESPN have to do with it?

NDSUstudent
12-10-2014, 08:25 PM
CCU's forum is garbage, makes me just want to see the Bison deliver a beatdown even more than usual. I hope the game is so boring 344johnson falls asleep in the stands.

OatmealWicket92
12-10-2014, 08:33 PM
CCU's forum is garbage, makes me just want to see the Bison deliver a beatdown even more than usual. I hope the game is so boring 344johnson falls asleep in the stands.

This. Amen.

StL Bison Fan
12-10-2014, 08:35 PM
try to tweet using the hashtag #beatNDSU in the most sarcastic way possible.

A little trolling never hurt anyone.

Shall we use the hashtag #CCU #tasteslikechicken

ndsubison1
12-10-2014, 08:37 PM
over under 0.5 CCU fans at tailgating?

tjamz
12-10-2014, 08:41 PM
She started out the thread complaining we got help from the refs. She can't let it go even though ccu fans told her it was the right call.

No, the refs attempted to fuck us. The replay official fortunately didn't let that happen.

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 08:42 PM
over under 0.5 CCU fans at tailgating?

Ill take the under on that all day

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 08:55 PM
I read a lot about being better prepared, the noise etc....OK sure Iget that. BBBUUTTT I think its a tremendous help not having to learn your head coach and possible his entire staff is moving to WYO......did we even have coach's working at NDSU for this game week last year

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I think the players took it upon themselves to destroy this team to prove to themselves they could win the natty despite the "distractions". There was no stopping the '13 Bison.

Bison03
12-10-2014, 09:01 PM
I read a lot about being better prepared, the noise etc....OK sure Iget that. BBBUUTTT I think its a tremendous help not having to learn your head coach and possible his entire staff is moving to WYO......did we even have coach's working at NDSU for this game week last year

Please tell me you are joking and are not that dumb. Do you think all the coaches went house hunting in Laromie that week?!

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 09:03 PM
I think the players took it upon themselves to destroy this team to prove to themselves they could win the natty despite the "distractions". There was no stopping the '13 Bison.

don't disagree, but if CC gets to sue the we are a year older, the noise has been experienced, bla bla bla then you better also recognize the shitstorm of drama that occurred that week last year.

I am just pissed cause some asshole over on their site is sayng we pipe in noise. I now hope we make them cry

tojo70
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Ahhh.....it's all coming back to me now. The administrator "Randy" posting about how they should move the game against the Griz last year due to it being too cold. Coastalmom's near psychotic rants about the cold and how the Griz were "Given" the home game due to their tradition:

If I read this correctly he is speaking for both teams not just CCU. He is concerned about his son's safety as I am about mine and I am sure all parents of the CCU players are. I don't care if you live in Montana the kind of weather conditions predicted for this game is not safe for anyone even the "Griz" players and I would think their parents would also be concerned. Use some common sense and stop dwelling on your dam home field advantage and think about player and fan safety. As for CCU doing better(from a poster on this site)-CCU has had a football program for 10 years I think we are doing dam good for the length of time the program has been in existence. If our program had been in existence since the 1800's we would have been given a bye and home field advantage just like it was GIVEN to the "GRIZ".

Of course I am concerned I am a mother. I am actually more concerned about the flight there as I think they will be traveling through some rough weather. No I don't think it will gain momentum just one parent stating his concerns which the last time I read the constitution he has the right to do. While everyone on this site is going back and forth about the weather CCU players are not very concerned. Some have been in worse conditions ie: playing at Stony Brook in a Noreaster without any cold gear or heaters. I was there and that was hell. They will have as much protection from the cold as possible as I know Coach Moglia takes very good care of his players and will spare no expense to make sure they have the proper gear. They will play to the best of their ability and let the chips fall where they may. If it was not such a short turnaround time and the price of an airline ticket was not outrageous I would be there in the cold with the rest. I am not a cold weather person, I am from Alabama but I would have layered up and hung for 3-4 hours. Some very cruel comments were made on your site about Mr. Rosses post. What they fail to realize is that this type of cold is just as dangerous for Montana's players as it is for CCU players. Its funny I was just saying something similar to what Mr Ross said to my husband last night. If not move the game, postpone it until the temparture rises but that they would interfere with the NCAA's timeline and god forbid the NCAA actually does something the benefits student athletes.

Then again Randy never approving my requesting to join and his snarky reply to me when I asked about it.
Ya....sorry.....Piss Pound the chinballs!

thebootfitter
12-10-2014, 09:31 PM
I am just pissed cause some asshole over on their site is sayng we pipe in noise. I now hope we make them cry
After calling him out for that, I kind of assumed that he would back down, but he's maintaining the allegation based on someone he feels is a reliable source who was at the game last year. I guess they are free to make any allegations they want, but it does seem a bit preposterous to me.

To satisfy my own curiosity, does anyone know how this could be verified factually? Short of making assumptions that NDSU just wouldn't do that or we don't need to do that, etc.? Is it actually a violation of NCAA rules? He made the point offline that the NCAA rule refers to "artificial noisemakers" and suggested that the term wouldn't apply to electronic amplification. That seems like a stretch to me, as I would have to interpret electronic amplification to be an artificial noisemaker.

It's probably more a matter of pride than anything, that we don't need amplifiers to be that loud. But playing the devil's advocate, if it weren't in violation of NCAA rules, then it is conceivable that it is being done. As I posted over there, I'd rather know the truth than live a myth, but until there's something more than a single fan's allegation based on observations from a single game, I don't think I can put much stock in the allegations.

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Ahhh.....it's all coming back to me now. The administrator "Randy" posting about how they should move the game against the Griz last year due to it being too cold. Coastalmom's near psychotic rants about the cold and how the Griz were "Given" the home game due to their tradition:

Then again Randy never approving my requesting to join and his snarky reply to me when I asked about it.
Ya....sorry.....Piss Pound the chinballs!

http://thebluecollarfoodie.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/tumblr_lqh0ehqsun1qdlkgg.gif?w=800

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=Bison03;956976]Please tell me you are joking and are not that dumb. Do you think all the coaches went house hunting in Laromie that week?![/QUOTE

not this shit again.......its called hyperbole! My assumption was that if you are smart enough to turn on a pc you are smart enough to understand basic concepts ...my bad!

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 09:40 PM
http://www.goccusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=478504

Bison"FANatic"
12-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I am sure one of the mommies saw the mics that ESPN had set up to mic the crowd and took those to be the dome "miking" the crowd.

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Please tell me you are joking and are not that dumb. Do you think all the coaches went house hunting in Laromie that week?!

I think they did. What do you think about that?

td577
12-10-2014, 09:49 PM
No, the refs attempted to fuck us. The replay official fortunately didn't let that happen.

I know that, you know that, but the chin nuts don't live in reality.

StL Bison Fan
12-10-2014, 09:51 PM

So we need a sign that says 'This year we have all our coaches!' ?

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 09:52 PM
I think they did. What do you think about that?

Dont F with Al Swearengen! next thing you know you will be over at Wu's with the pigs

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 09:53 PM
So we need a sign that says 'This year we have all our coaches!' ?

and hey dipshits those are ESPN's mics

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Dont F with Al Swearengen! next thing you know you will be over at Wu's with the pigs

Just screwing with him but how does Wu say it, hang die?

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Just screwing with him but how does Wu say it, hang die?
I know your were, I am just sick as hell today and a bit rowdy

but thanks for having my back HangdDie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LUTSMqR_qg

Bison"FANatic"
12-10-2014, 10:14 PM
a hoople head

My wife the Hoople native is going to have worrrrrdddddsssss for you. :):)

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 10:15 PM
I know your were, I am just sick as hell today and a bit rowdy

Anyway HangDie is my knew saying whenever a hoople head says something dumb

That's funny

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 10:19 PM
My wife the Hoople native is going to have worrrrrdddddsssss for you. :):)

LOL I changed my post....I don't want a wife from Hoople calling me out. Plus, its been so long since I watched that most awesome series that I forgot what HangDie ment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLDKFjJGorY

td577
12-10-2014, 10:25 PM
http://www.goccusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=478504

What is interesting about this presser is that joe keeps talking about how they have to do things better. I don't care who they are playing, be it NDSU or anyone else, if they go into a game knowing they have to do things different then they have been doing to win, they are in trouble. The Bison don't have to do anything different. In fact, to win this game they can't do anything different than they have been doing. Keep winning the TOP game, keep protecting the ball, and keep the third down conversion rate high. NDSU is not going into the game with the mentality they have to to XYZ better. ccu has to do things better to win. Can they? Sure. Will they? Probably not. Teams don't all of a sudden learn how to do things on the 14th game of the season when they haven't been doing it the previous 13 games. The fumble the ball and lose the ball, on average, twice as often as the Bison. They don't win the TOP game over the course of the season. We have been more penalty prone then they have been but more than make up the difference on one kick off. Their kickoff coverage is terrible but their punt coverage is actually not bad. That is a strange combination. The barely convert 1/2 of the FG attempts. Joe's talk about dealing with noise doesn't really matter. They are practicing for one week to deal with noise. Our defense practices for an entire career here.

The bottom line is Coach Joe talks about how they just have to do things better than they have been doing to be in the game. If you haven't figured out a way to get it done better by now, 5 days of practice and talking about holding on to the ball, for example, on a four flight isn't going to make a difference. Then you wonder how much trying to do those things better plays into other parts of the game. Ross is not a bad QB. 65% completion percentage and can move the ball down the field. If he starts playing scared, what does that do to him. They are going to be so concerned about playing perfect, they are going to played scared. Any advantage of familiarity has just left the building. They got some nice players but not enough of them. They probably learned a lot from last year but there hasn't been enough time to change that drastically while still playing the cupcake schedule to prepare for most of the MVFC teams.

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 10:29 PM
What is interesting about this presser is that joe keeps talking about how they have to do things better. I don't care who they are playing, be it NDSU or anyone else, if they go into a game knowing they have to do things different then they have been doing to win, they are in trouble. The Bison don't have to do anything different. In fact, to win this game they can't do anything different than they have been doing. Keep winning the TOP game, keep protecting the ball, and keep the third down conversion rate high. NDSU is not going into the game with the mentality they have to to XYZ better. ccu has to do things better to win. Can they? Sure. Will they? Probably not. Teams don't all of a sudden learn how to do things on the 14th game of the season when they haven't been doing it the previous 13 games. The fumble the ball and lose the ball, on average, twice as often as the Bison. They don't win the TOP game over the course of the season. We have been more penalty prone then they have been but more than make up the difference on one kick off. Their kickoff coverage is terrible but their punt coverage is actually not bad. That is a strange combination. The barely convert 1/2 of the FG attempts. Joe's talk about dealing with noise doesn't really matter. They are practicing for one week to deal with noise. Our defense practices for an entire career here.

The bottom line is Coach Joe talks about how they just have to do things better than they have been doing to be in the game. If you haven't figured out a way to get it done better by now, 5 days of practice and talking about holding on to the ball, for example, on a four flight isn't going to make a difference. Then you wonder how much trying to do those things better plays into other parts of the game. Ross is not a bad QB. 65% completion percentage and can move the ball down the field. If he starts playing scared, what does that do to him. They are going to be so concerned about playing perfect, they are going to played scared. Any advantage of familiarity has just left the building. They got some nice players but not enough of them. They probably learned a lot from last year but there hasn't been enough time to change that drastically while still playing the cupcake schedule to prepare for most of the MVFC teams.

My takeaway was they improved from last year, but are not there yet.

1st&TennBison
12-10-2014, 10:56 PM
My takeaway was they improved from last year, but are not there yet.
My take from his interview was that he indicated they need to do things better than they did last year. I like their coach and believe he is one of very few coaches who don't sugar coat things and tells it like it is. But at no time did he seem to think his team would play scared or that he was going to coach that way. He did talk about basically underestimating the Fargodome advantage, and did say there is no real way to practice for it, compared to last year when he pretty much thought all he needed to do was pump up the volume at practice. This would be a signature win for him and his team (probably any team as well) so I believe they are ready for battle and would love some payback, I believe they will throw the kitchen sink at us. I still believe it will be a 2-3 score victory for the Bison though, but hardly believe CCU is coming into this game any less confident.

MAKBison
12-10-2014, 11:07 PM
My take from his interview was that he indicated they need to do things better than they did last year. I like their coach and believe he is one of very few coaches who don't sugar coat things and tells it like it is. But at no time did he seem to think his team would play scared or that he was going to coach that way. He did talk about basically underestimating the Fargodome advantage, and did say there is no real way to practice for it, compared to last year when he pretty much thought all he needed to do was pump up the volume at practice. This would be a signature win for him and his team (probably any team as well) so I believe they are ready for battle and would love some payback, I believe they will throw the kitchen sink at us. I still believe it will be a 2-3 score victory for the Bison though, but hardly believe CCU is coming into this game any less confident.

I liked him until last years post game....i thought it was tasteless and disrespectful. I dont think they will be scared or in awe etc and i don't recall anyone asking him that. I do recall him sayng a few times that they are better than last year and the improved over the season. I just dont get the impression his team is where he wants it yet.

No_Skill
12-10-2014, 11:08 PM
LOL I changed my post....I don't want a wife from Hoople calling me out. Plus, its been so long since I watched that most awesome series that I forgot what HangDie ment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLDKFjJGorY

I just started watching on Amazon Prime. I'm 10 episodes in and I love it.

td577
12-10-2014, 11:41 PM

I watched it again. Yeah, it was mostly about from last year that is better and just a couple of things about this year they are still working on. I kind of shoved it all together. Still, I would be worried if their honing of their skills against a minor league schedule all year to get their first real test of the year is now against a Valley team in a do or die situation. Regardless of the outcome, if I was Joe, I would be begging for a OOC game in future years against some of the more traditionally tougher conferences out there. At least a game with any of the upper half of the MVFC would give your team a better idea of what you need to be doing throughout the year. Not only do the MEAC teams give you nothing, they scheduled three of them this year. All they got was a bloated record and a seventh seed when they would have been better off with a second loss to a ISUr, in the regular season for example, and an 8th seed. If you aren't choosing one perennially ranked program as a OOC target every year, I don't think your program will ever advance past where it is right now for them. Bloated records need to be penalized (which I do think ccu was this year) more by the selection committee and more schools willing to play a little tougher OOC schedule and try to get the matchups with the top valley or big fluffy schools get rewarded come seeding time.

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2014, 11:42 PM
I liked him until last years post game....i thought it was tasteless and disrespectful. I dont think they will be scared or in awe etc and i don't recall anyone asking him that. I do recall him sayng a few times that they are better than last year and the improved over the season. I just dont get the impression his team is where he wants it yet.

I'm watching it back and I'm not sure what you mean about post game last year.

SafeTeeJ
12-10-2014, 11:45 PM

yeah! Reminds me of Coach K's pressers when he says we have to clean up those penalties...........for 13 straight weeks. Getting kinda old.

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Haha. You just did it again:rofl:
Now you're just scaring me.

CAS4127
12-10-2014, 11:55 PM
yeah! Reminds me of Coach K's pressers when he says we have to clean up those penalties...........for 13 straight weeks. Getting kinda old.

There is ALWAYS room to improve--but you know that. Some apparently don't know that or don't understand how this game works.

I can say this: WE have yet to play our best game as a team. But, again, you know how this works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail bison
12-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Now you're just scaring me.

My I pad keeps switching networks. Something wrong with my internet. I can't help it

OatmealWicket92
12-11-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm fine with the penalties honestly...most of the better teams in the NFL are high on the penalty list because they play aggressive and that's the nature of that

SafeTeeJ
12-11-2014, 12:12 AM
I'm fine with the penalties honestly...most of the better teams in the NFL are high on the penalty list because they play aggressive and that's the nature of that

Not "those" penalties. We all know which ones we are talking about here.

OatmealWicket92
12-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Not "those" penalties. We all know which ones we are talking about here.

Pre-snap? Being a Seahawks fan my whole life makes me indifferent about them..last year we were 1st in pre-snap penalties(and won the SB) but had the play makers to nullify the effect of them...I guess I can say I can tolerate them more than most, but don't be taking one every play.

MAKBison
12-11-2014, 12:15 AM
I just did not like his post game presser...not even sure why, a its been a year. I just seem to remember the whole Coach K thing and it seemed like he was saying he thought SU would be better than we were...I just remember that it pissed me off. Like I said previously, I am sick as a dog today and if my wife is to be correct she says I am a bit whinny when I am sick. The good news is, know one expects me to do anything so I have all night to go rewatch it.

td577
12-11-2014, 12:15 AM

It is the same thing. At this point in the season, you are what you are. The formation penalties can be cleaned up by not calling those formations. The other penalties, well, if you do the same thing 13 weeks in a row, there is a very good likelihood it will happen the 14th week. You have to make sure there are a few more 3rd and 15 plays on the card and your team understands since it is what it is, there are other ways it has to make up for it. We tend to make up for it with opposing team's starting field position after kickoffs. It isn't an intentional trade off or even an unintentional consequence, but that is part of the game where we absolutely kill everyone else at by 15-20 yards every possession. Everytime we kickoff, we generally make a team have to drive 70-80 yards to score. Every single time. ccu, for example, average 13 some penalty yards a game less, but the average starting field position for their opponents is around the 40. You make it a lot easier when you give away 20 yards before the other team even has to snap the ball. It is also true that when you drop the ball on the ground on average of 1.6 times a game for 13 weeks, there is a high probability your team will drop the ball on the ground in the 14th game. You can talk ball security all you want, but you aren't going to grow a third arm to hold onto the football in a week. It just doesn't happen. You can't change your stripes in one week. Best case scenario is they don't drop the ball with minimal effect to the rest of their game. Worst case scenario is they get freaked out by CLJ punching at the ball while he is tackling them, they forget to run, and it starts shutting down other parts of their abilities or they simply lose the ball. Our defenders have so much confidence the rest of the defense is taking care of their responsibilities, they rule their own little space on the field. Not only is that offensive player in their space their's, so is the ball. That is way different than ccu's defense we will see on Saturday where guys like Backus are all over the field helping everyone else out. So not only does the ccu offensive players have the concern of ball security on their mind, they have a defender who wants the ball as much or more than they do. So much pressure. I think it will handicap some guys. Those are also parts of the game that Joe didn't talk about. The Bison take pride of such great detail while ccu is still working on a philosophy. Polar opposites when you put the two teams on the field. Our concern is making up for 5 penalties the whole game which I am guessing we do about 60% of the time and turn at least one of the other two drive killers into bad field position for them anyways. There concern is still about holding on to the ball.

MAKBison
12-11-2014, 12:16 AM
There is ALWAYS room to improve--but you know that. Some apparently don't know that or don't understand how this game works.

I can say this: WE have yet to play our best game as a team. But, again, you know how this works!

of course there is always room to improve, and saying such is basic coach speak.

CAS4127
12-11-2014, 12:20 AM
of course there is always room to improve, and saying such is basic coach speak.

But it's not--THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM TO IMPROVE. I recall our 88 Natty run and we were getting away from doing the little things right. Captain mtg with Coach Hager, and team meeting without coaches, and things turned for better and we smoked PSU in Natty game!

MAKBison
12-11-2014, 12:34 AM
But it's not--THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM TO IMPROVE. I recall our 88 Natty run and we were getting away from doing the little things right. Captain mtg with Coach Hager, and team meeting without coaches, and things turned for better and we smoked PSU in Natty game!

I am agreeing with you...just also saying every coach says it

CyPanth
12-11-2014, 04:20 AM

I wish we were playing in any bowl!

ndsubison1
12-11-2014, 06:03 AM
The funny thing is ESPN mics the opposing crowd at our games...

ndsubison1
12-11-2014, 06:38 AM
CCUStudent on their board = :facepalm:

NDSUstudent
12-11-2014, 07:31 AM
CCUStudent on their board = :facepalm:

I loved his little post about their basketball team giving UVA a game for a half in the big dance last year and how he thought it gave CCU some big edge over NDSU in overall athletics. Then he found out that we won a game...It was great.

Everytime I stop by that board it is good for a laugh.

CCUstudent if you are lurking out there...stop on by this thread and check out what we have been doing...http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?22852-The-Hall-of-Champs%28NDSU-teams-that-have-won-DI-conference-titles%29

tjbison
12-11-2014, 07:39 AM
I loved his little post about their basketball team giving UVA a game for a half in the big dance last year and how he thought it gave CCU some big edge over NDSU in overall athletics. Then he found out that we won a game...It was great.

CCUstudent if you are lurking out there...stop on by this thread and check out what we have been doing...http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?22852-The-Hall-of-Champs%28NDSU-teams-that-have-won-DI-conference-titles%29

we dumb up here in tha tundra.............they smart in the coastal zone...

FUCK them we blow the "big south" out again..period checkmate..

SDSU would rock their world or any MVFC, I look at this as a SEC vs Sun Belt game..maybe a C-USA. Quote it on your board CCU fans, this will be a bloodbath again any real fan can understand you guys dont play SHIT for competition in the regular year as your schedule will show...loss to LIBERTY lol!!

tjbison
12-11-2014, 07:48 AM
we dumb up here in tha tundra.............they smart in the coastal zone...

FUCK them we blow the "big south" out again..period checkmate..

SDSU would rock their world or any MVFC, I look at this as a SEC vs Sun Belt game..maybe a C-USA. Quote it on your board CCU fans, this will be a bloodbath again any real fan can understand you guys dont play SHIT for competition in the regular year as your schedule will show...loss to LIBERTY lol!!

I should add......LOL at your players trying to say they have played anything this year or last year to compare to US or Montana, you guys see maybe 1200 fans per game...joke

yes im pumped......

tjbison
12-11-2014, 08:10 AM
MVFC/Big Sky> Big South

cbline
12-11-2014, 11:41 AM
MVFC>Big Sky> Big South

Fixed it for you.

IzzyFlexion
12-11-2014, 11:45 AM
I wish we were playing in any bowl!

-over 45 warning......

Might I suggest the "EDWINA BACK IN BOWL"
http://www.tampabay.com/resources/images/blogs-photo/rendered/2014/09/steve-martin-bow-tie-all-of-me-comedy-le-noeud-papillon-sydney_8col.jpg

JMB
12-11-2014, 11:58 AM

Well we have been trying to find success the NCAA Tournament "for decades", its about time we won. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 12:19 PM

That's classic.

CalBison97
12-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Another classic from over there: NDSU would finish 3rd in the BSC behind Liberty. :facepalm:

BisoninNWMN
12-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Bison win by 3+ TDs

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 12:52 PM
I can't take it anymore.

I guarantee more people here had no idea who coastal was before last year than did.

they are the true definition of pud. Their mascot is a pretty much a gay version of the gamecocks because their pud program couldn't come up with a better name when it was formed back in 2005.

I looked at their pud schedule and holy shit. I'd be lucky to get more than half of the states right in which their opponents are located in.

Could you imagine if these guys ever hosted a GameDay? Just doing that right there takes a nice steamy dookie on all of those accomplishments that meth head student of theirs spit out. That'll never happen so don't tire your brain cell(s?) thinking about the countless opportunities hosting one would bring.

Did you guys see the "support" they get at games? Go look at their Facebook. The playoff game versus Robert Morris 4years ago would be the gold standard for this embarrassment ndsu has to waste their time with. I could say the same for the rest of the fcs tournament field actually.

I'd love to be a fly in mayor maso's office (he's the mayor of Frisco who openly roots for ndsu because of the money their fan base brings to his community and also was the honorary coin flipper for one of the ndsu games this year) if he found it somehow CCU beat ndsu. he'd be so deflated knowing how much dough and fun he'd be losing if CCU and their allotment of 49 fans were coming instead of the ndsu prestige.

/rant

tony
12-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Hah, MN, that's pretty lazy trolling their site without visiting it.

I've watched some Coastal Carolina. Nice stadium, campus, and location. If (ok, when) there comes a time that NDSU doesn't get a seed and has to travel someplace, Coastal would be near the top of my list of places I'd like to go. On the down side, I don't see many Bison fans making that trip, but Bison Nation has surprised me before.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 01:41 PM

I've watched some Coastal Carolina. Nice stadium, campus, and location. If (ok, when) there comes a time that NDSU doesn't get a seed and has to travel someplace, Coastal would be near the top of my list of places I'd like to go. On the down side, I don't see many Bison fans making that trip, but Bison Nation has surprised me before.

Forget it. That was a perfectly measured response to the chin-nuts.

They made fun of our pom thread. To all the beach chickens:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wkcoobYUu8g/hqdefault.jpg

SafeTeeJ
12-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Forget it. That was a perfectly measured response to the chin-nuts.

They made fun of our pom thread. To all the beach chickens:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wkcoobYUu8g/hqdefault.jpg

In which they should.:facepalm:

gotts
12-11-2014, 01:52 PM

It might be "lazy," but it pretty well hits the nail on the head.

Ndsu84
12-11-2014, 03:39 PM

I haven't been to the Carolina's for many years. It would be an awesome road trip. I would guess our game there would be a sell out even if coastal never had a fan there. :)

tjbison
12-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Fixed it for you.
That's what I meant...sorry

BYZEN
12-11-2014, 04:07 PM
I haven't been to the Carolina's for many years. It would be an awesome road trip. I would guess our game there would be a sell out even if coastal never had a fan there. :)

Yah, remind me, which Carolina are they in? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 04:09 PM

Whichever one smokes the most weed because that is the only way you could think some of the shit they do on that board.

tojo70
12-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Coastal.....Duh

NDSUstudent
12-11-2014, 04:23 PM
I can't take it anymore.

I guarantee more people here had no idea who coastal was before last year than did.

they are the true definition of pud. Their mascot is a pretty much a gay version of the gamecocks because their pud program couldn't come up with a better name when it was formed back in 2005.

I looked at their pud schedule and holy shit. I'd be lucky to get more than half of the states right in which their opponents are located in.

Could you imagine if these guys ever hosted a GameDay? Just doing that right there takes a nice steamy dookie on all of those accomplishments that meth head student of theirs spit out. That'll never happen so don't tire your brain cell(s?) thinking about the countless opportunities hosting one would bring.

Did you guys see the "support" they get at games? Go look at their Facebook. The playoff game versus Robert Morris 4years ago would be the gold standard for this embarrassment ndsu has to waste their time with. I could say the same for the rest of the fcs tournament field actually.

I'd love to be a fly in mayor maso's office (he's the mayor of Frisco who openly roots for ndsu because of the money their fan base brings to his community and also was the honorary coin flipper for one of the ndsu games this year) if he found it somehow CCU beat ndsu. he'd be so deflated knowing how much dough and fun he'd be losing if CCU and their allotment of 49 fans were coming instead of the ndsu prestige.

/rant

You want some more pud facts about CCU football? Their coach had their AD get out of games with Kent State, Georgia Southern and Clemson because he was worried their players might get hurt making the "guarantee" not worth it.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 04:29 PM
You want some more pud facts about CCU football? Their coach had their AD get out of games with Kent State, Georgia Southern and Clemson because he was worried their players might get hurt making the "guarantee" not worth it.

Living near the beach, they should be used to sand in the hoohah.

thebootfitter
12-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah, this is maybe the one thing about Moglia that I just don't get. And he has pretty much their entire fan base believing it too. Step up to the plate, man. Play hard. Just because you're playing against slightly better athletes doesn't mean you have a greater chance of getting hurt.

EC8CH
12-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah, this is maybe the one thing about Moglia that I just don't get. And he has pretty much their entire fan base believing it too. Step up to the plate, man. Play hard. Just because you're playing against slightly better athletes doesn't mean you have a greater chance of getting hurt.

He also mention in his interview during the selection show that one of the things that they do different is they harderly ever hit in practice so the they don't get injured and stay fresh. Don't know how extreme he takes that thinking but hearing him say that definitely caught my attention and made me wonder if that may have been one of their issues coming into Fargo last year.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Well they can't get out of playing slightly better athletes this weekend. Right?

gumby013
12-11-2014, 05:29 PM
He also mention in his interview during the selection show that one of the things that they do different is they harderly ever hit in practice so the they don't get injured and stay fresh. Don't know how extreme he takes that thinking but hearing him say that definitely caught my attention and made me wonder if that may have been one of their issues coming into Fargo last year.

John Gagliardi did the same thing at St. Johns.

BisonNeil
12-11-2014, 05:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

I think the two factors last year that contributed to the blow out are; 1) they had to make two long road trips, first to Missoula, then back to Fargo so I think they were fatigued from the travel which can be really tiring if you haven't done such a thing. And 2), the Montana game was physical. They won, but I think it took its toll on players who play in a finesse league and don't hit in practice, especially when you come into the home of another physical hard-hitting team like NDSU.

Neither of these two factors are in play for this year's game, however.

KC Bison
12-11-2014, 05:46 PM
The LB at the press conference "Overall, they're just another team in the way of our main goal". Course, I didn't realize that their goal was to get on ESPN and get pummeled.

NDSU1980
12-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Well they can't get out of playing slightly better athletes this weekend. Right?
I'm sure Montana State would have found a way to buy out the game if it was against us.

BisonNeil
12-11-2014, 05:53 PM
The LB at the press conference "Overall, they're just another team in the way of our main goal". Course, I didn't realize that their goal was to get on ESPN and get pummeled.

Thanks for the belly laugh at lunch time!!

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 06:02 PM

Just read their pregame thread too, and they are up in arms about comparing FCS to FBS. Odds are they've never nor will ever beat an FBS school. NDSU's made national headlines for doing this. It makes for a good chuckle reading about "OHMYGOSH HOW COULD YOU THINK OF SUCH A THING" from that board.

its like they give their team no chance vs the big schools, and thats why they'll never win a championship in football.

gotts
12-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Just read their pregame thread too, and they are up in arms about comparing FCS to FBS. Odds are they've never nor will ever beat an FBS school. NDSU's made national headlines for doing this. It makes for a good chuckle reading about "OHMYGOSH HOW COULD YOU THINK OF SUCH A THING" from that board.

its like they give their team no chance vs the big schools, and thats why they'll never win a championship in football.

Of course they won't beat an FBS school. You've gotta play one to have a chance!

EC8CH
12-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Of course they won't beat an FBS school. You've gotta play one to have a chance!

Boom.... grilled chicken.

BYZEN
12-11-2014, 06:12 PM

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!!! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!! "Johnny, tell gotts what he has won....":offtopic:

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 06:18 PM

30/14 at The Citadel Charleston, S.C. W, 31-16
09/06/14 at North Carolina A&T Greensboro, N.C. W, 31-30
09/13/14 vs. South Carolina State (Family Weekend) Conway, S.C. W, 30-3
09/20/14 at Florida A&M Tallahassee, Fla. W, 48-3
09/27/14 vs. Elon TV Conway, S.C. W, 31-3
10/04/14 at Furman TV Greenville, S.C. W, 37-31 (2OT)
10/11/14 at Presbyterian * TV Clinton, S.C. W, 40-28
10/18/14 Open --- TBA
10/25/14 vs. Charleston Southern (Homecoming) * TV Conway, S.C. W, 43-22
11/01/14 at Gardner-Webb * TV Boiling Springs, N.C. W, 38-14
11/08/14 at Charlotte Charlotte, N.C. W, 59-34
11/15/14 vs. Monmouth (Athletics Hall of Fame) * TV Conway, S.C. W, 52-21
11/22/14 vs. Liberty * TV

Look at that. Just think, a team was #1 in the country for a week or 2, however long they lasted..playing this bullshit. Meanwhile NDSU plays in an actual worthy conference that gets in 5 playoff teams, and should have more in the playoffs still if it wasnt for regionalization.

These guys are approaching Lehigh territory of hatred, and fast.

NDSUstudent
12-11-2014, 06:22 PM
30/14 at The Citadel Charleston, S.C. W, 31-16
09/06/14 at North Carolina A&T Greensboro, N.C. W, 31-30
09/13/14 vs. South Carolina State (Family Weekend) Conway, S.C. W, 30-3
09/20/14 at Florida A&M Tallahassee, Fla. W, 48-3
09/27/14 vs. Elon TV Conway, S.C. W, 31-3
10/04/14 at Furman TV Greenville, S.C. W, 37-31 (2OT)
10/11/14 at Presbyterian * TV Clinton, S.C. W, 40-28
10/18/14 Open --- TBA
10/25/14 vs. Charleston Southern (Homecoming) * TV Conway, S.C. W, 43-22
11/01/14 at Gardner-Webb * TV Boiling Springs, N.C. W, 38-14
11/08/14 at Charlotte Charlotte, N.C. W, 59-34
11/15/14 vs. Monmouth (Athletics Hall of Fame) * TV Conway, S.C. W, 52-21
11/22/14 vs. Liberty * TV

Look at that. Just think, a team was #1 in the country for a week or 2, however long they lasted..playing this bullshit. Meanwhile NDSU plays in an actual worthy conference that gets in 5 playoff teams, and should have more in the playoffs still if it wasnt for regionalization.

These guys are approaching Lehigh territory of hatred, and fast.

Just think all they had to do was beat Liberty at home and we would have been a #3 seed...

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Just think all they had to do was beat Liberty at home and we would have been a #3 seed...

lol. Unfuckinreal. maybe the FCS selection committee would have more brains than their bullshit "UNH had the better loss than anything NDSU's done the past 3 years, so they get the #2" excuse. I think NDSU was getting a top 2 seed had CCU won, they just put UNH at 1 to keep people interested outside of NDSU. Oh look, theres a team out there that we think is worthy of taking down NDSU!!

(even though they're still 2 TD underdogs).

Bisonator98
12-11-2014, 06:42 PM

I doubt that, I think the committee would have had CC as the #3 seed. They don't necessarily go by polls.

NDSUstudent
12-11-2014, 06:53 PM
I doubt that, I think the committee would have had CC as the #3 seed. They don't necessarily go by polls.

Maybe you are right, now that I remember all the committee chairman said was that if they had won they would be at least top 4.

NDSUstudent
12-11-2014, 07:20 PM
I can't take it anymore.

/rant

You just made CCUstudent cry....I love it!

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 07:34 PM
You just made CCUstudent cry....I love it!

Who's worse? CCUstudent or Coastalmom?

td577
12-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Who's worse? CCUstudent or Coastalmom?

I think ccustudent is coastalmom's other kid.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 07:39 PM
I think ccustudent is coastalmom's other kid.

of course, how did I not see that?

bisonmike2
12-11-2014, 07:45 PM

/rant

This got me thinking. If we lose and fail to make it back to Frisco that sets off a powerful set of events. Frisco loses out on millions of dollars being spent > Frisco misses budget projections > programs get cut > voters get pissed and vote out Maso > NDSU just became a major player in the Texas political scene.

td577
12-11-2014, 07:47 PM
This got me thinking. If we lose and fail to make it back to Frisco that sets off a powerful set of events. Frisco loses out on millions of dollars being spent > Frisco misses budget projections > programs get cut > voters get pissed and vote out Maso > NDSU just became a major player in the Texas political scene.

Maybe they will build a bigger stadium and there will be relocation discussions.

THEsocalledfan
12-11-2014, 07:52 PM

I am missing why this is purple?

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 07:55 PM
It might end up back in Chattanooga

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 08:37 PM
My parents vacation to myrtle and I've been there a few times.

The boardwalk is over ran by ohioans in the summer so it's all the reason not to go. Who the hell would vacation there in the winter when it's pretty much mild.

I did meet lizard guy at the ripleys there so they have that going for it. And they have some cool rides

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 08:40 PM
My parents vacation to myrtle and I've been there a few times.

The boardwalk is over ran by ohioans in the summer so it's all the reason not to go. Who the hell would vacation there in the winter when it's pretty much mild.

I did meet lizard guy at the ripleys there so they have that going for it. And they have some cool rides

You seem to have made quite an impression on them.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 09:37 PM
You seem to have made quite an impression on them.
Cletus is definitely confused by their own pudness. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

td577
12-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Wanting to see MNLonghorn10 how put a burr in their saddle, I took a walk on the lame side. So reading their thread, they keep going back to the argument there is no championship for fandom. I find this interesting because it is quite obvious here, this program is where it is at because of the generous support of its boosters and fans. I am sure they didn't get to where they are at by chance, so why this method of diminishing the role of a school's support system? I, for one, want rabid fans who will spend money on all things NDSU and will come to the game regardless if we are playing the chin nuts or the bunnies. Who will spend their valuable free time and maybe someone else's work time (not too much, you aren't too valuable unemployed) being involved in the process of promoting and supporting the Bison. Their approach is that the fan plays no part in the outcome, therefore we have no claim to the spoils of the victor. This is why their program is probably as far as it will ever be. It will only get so far with the support of a few wealthy donors. It needs the support of many rabid boosters and fans who buy into being part of the victories and part of the defeats. If we donate a little more money, we can expand our facilities, for example, and give our student/athletes more tools to excel. I don't think they get that. They don't understand our system is predicated on the booster/fan feeling part of the program, not a casual observer. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

MAKBison
12-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Wanting to see MNLonghorn10 how put a burr in their saddle, I took a walk on the lame side. So reading their thread, they keep going back to the argument there is no championship for fandom. I find this interesting because it is quite obvious here, this program is where it is at because of the generous support of its boosters and fans. I am sure they didn't get to where they are at by chance, so why this method of diminishing the role of a school's support system? I, for one, want rabid fans who will spend money on all things NDSU and will come to the game regardless if we are playing the chin nuts or the bunnies. Who will spend their valuable free time and maybe someone else's work time (not too much, you aren't too valuable unemployed) being involved in the process of promoting and supporting the Bison. Their approach is that the fan plays no part in the outcome, therefore we have no claim to the spoils of the victor. This is why their program is probably as far as it will ever be. It will only get so far with the support of a few wealthy donors. It needs the support of many rabid boosters and fans who buy into being part of the victories and part of the defeats. If we donate a little more money, we can expand our facilities, for example, and give our student/athletes more tools to excel. I don't think they get that. They don't understand our system is predicated on the booster/fan feeling part of the program, not a casual observer. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

I seen that on the blue bunnies fan site and noticed the same type of thing......the have a thread labeled NDSU domination when will it end.... or something to that affect. Anyways, there are all sorts of notations about the similarities and differences between the two programs. At some point the thread drifts to facilities and how their new complex will be larger and more appealing than our SHAC, IPF and an old small Dome (our dome will seat Less than their stadium). Speaking on the facilities issues, a blue bunny poster states this……our facilities will be awesome, but you know Fargo not ever wanting to be second to none in anything will out due us as soon we get our faculties completed. I thought to myself…NO shit, and there is your difference!

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 10:33 PM
I seen that on the blue bunnies fan site and noticed the same type of thing......the have a thread labeled NDSU domination when will it end.... or something to that affect. Anyways, there are all sorts of notations about the similarities and differences between the two programs. At some point the thread drifts to facilities and how their new complex will be larger and more appealing than our SHAC, IPF and an old small Dome (our dome will seat Less than their stadium). Speaking on the facilities issues, a blue bunny poster states this……our facilities will be awesome, but you know Fargo not ever wanting to be second to none in anything will out due us as soon we get our faculties completed. I thought to myself…NO shit, and there is your difference!

They can put as many seats as they want in there. How many times are they going to fill it?

NorthernBison
12-11-2014, 10:34 PM
A fellow tailgater invited some co-workers from South Dakota to stop by last week. After the game, they remarked that our fan base is "older" than they expected. I'll bet that has something to do with our ability to generate dollars.

MAKBison
12-11-2014, 10:38 PM
I can't take it anymore.

/rant

Someone remind portly rob that NDSU football was/is the mechanism that created the opportunity for Frisco and Fargo Business collaborating ie economic development!!!!! That will chap his fake conservative ass

StL Bison Fan
12-11-2014, 11:20 PM
A fellow tailgater invited some co-workers from South Dakota to stop by last week. After the game, they remarked that our fan base is "older" than they expected. I'll bet that has something to do with our ability to generate dollars.
I resemble that remark! But really isn't that the best part? We have all ages at our tailgate (we made it in BI!) and our section is full of babies. Best event in town for all ages.
Keeps you young!

El_Chapo
12-11-2014, 11:24 PM
My application was denied at coastalfans.com apparently they are anti-Mexicans.

westnodak93bison
12-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Yeah, damn lucky the didn't have to play Tyranny. That would of been ugly.

tjbison
12-12-2014, 12:43 AM
I can't take it anymore.

/rant

Post of the playoffs so far.......This is awesome and I support it 100%

Bison_Pyro
12-12-2014, 02:08 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the Coastal forum gets very quiet in the evening? It's like they are snuggled up with their nooky and blanky crying themselves to sleep, dreading the beat down that awaits them...

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think the Coastal forum gets very quiet in the evening? It's like they are snuggled up with their nooky and blanky crying themselves to sleep, dreading the beat down that awaits them...

Nah, they're just out working their corners.

Bison_Pyro
12-12-2014, 02:16 AM
Nah, they're just out working their corners.

No wonder Moglia's pockets are so deep, he's pimping out the fan base!

Hail bison
12-12-2014, 03:47 AM
Coastalmom is just embarrassing

BYZEN
12-12-2014, 03:51 AM

Yes, she is just so precious.:facepalm2:

Tatanka
12-12-2014, 04:48 AM

Bless her dear little heart.

td577
12-12-2014, 02:14 PM

It isn't just the notion we can't be outdone. Facility-wise, I don't think we are in an arms race with anyone, just the minimum recognition we won't be outrecruited because of facilities. In football, we have already hear about schools with better practice facilities and better locker rooms, but we make sure our recruits come here during gamedays where they get to experience the atmosphere. That goes way further. My point is that NDSU has done an excellent job at making the boosters and the fans feel like they are part of the program. When the team wins, the Bison fans and boosters are a part of the success. When the team loses, we are part of the failure. The way ccu fans are talking about the game and snipe with comments about how important us fans and boosters feel about our role in the outcome, it gives me the sense they are just spectators. Other than the Packers, which I hate with a passion, there is no other pro team that has captured the sense the fan has just a much of a role in the outcome of a contest as the participants on the field. Other programs have this sense when we face them. They are just spectators enjoying a game on Saturday but the rest of the week is for the more important stuff in life, like their own little worlds. In Fargo and Bison nation, NDSU is always part of our world. The program has us convinced if we don't show up, we won't win. If we take a day off being a Bison fan or booster, we won't win. There are really only a handful of college programs in the country that have captured that essence of being part of the program. If you buy Bison gear, you are part of the giving. If you are a team maker, you are putting student/athletes on the field and in the classroom. If you are buying tickets to the game, you are adding just a little more to the program. If you are a ccu fan, if they lose, you wait until next year and hope for better. If you are a Bison fan, if they lose, we wonder what, as boosters and fans, we could have done more to put those student/athletes in a better position to win. Chin nut fans don't get it and they try to diminish our role. Obviously, not all programs at NDSU have captured this attitude and need to work on it, but the football program has. You can't buy this kind of support. Winning helps, but there is an absolute loyal following dedicated to the success of NDSU football and feel like they are part of the program. Most of their fans don't even care who their third string TE is or that it matters if he graduates. Emotionally and monetarily, we are invested in the program. Most of us have reaped benefits from a NDSU degree and want to see that passed on to others and feel this is one way to provide that opportunity. In many ways, we are very much connected to the school and athletic program. I feel sorry for the chin nuts that their course of action is to attempt to diminish this connection and to paint us as mere spectators, like them.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Do you think they'll be embarrassed when they get beat again? Or will they just talk shit to us next year?

17>1
12-12-2014, 02:49 PM
It isn't just the notion we can't be outdone. Facility-wise, I don't think we are in an arms race with anyone, just the minimum recognition we won't be outrecruited because of facilities. In football, we have already hear about schools with better practice facilities and better locker rooms, but we make sure our recruits come here during gamedays where they get to experience the atmosphere. That goes way further. My point is that NDSU has done an excellent job at making the boosters and the fans feel like they are part of the program. When the team wins, the Bison fans and boosters are a part of the success. When the team loses, we are part of the failure. The way ccu fans are talking about the game and snipe with comments about how important us fans and boosters feel about our role in the outcome, it gives me the sense they are just spectators. Other than the Packers, which I hate with a passion, there is no other pro team that has captured the sense the fan has just a much of a role in the outcome of a contest as the participants on the field. Other programs have this sense when we face them. They are just spectators enjoying a game on Saturday but the rest of the week is for the more important stuff in life, like their own little worlds. In Fargo and Bison nation, NDSU is always part of our world. The program has us convinced if we don't show up, we won't win. If we take a day off being a Bison fan or booster, we won't win. There are really only a handful of college programs in the country that have captured that essence of being part of the program. If you buy Bison gear, you are part of the giving. If you are a team maker, you are putting student/athletes on the field and in the classroom. If you are buying tickets to the game, you are adding just a little more to the program. If you are a ccu fan, if they lose, you wait until next year and hope for better. If you are a Bison fan, if they lose, we wonder what, as boosters and fans, we could have done more to put those student/athletes in a better position to win. Chin nut fans don't get it and they try to diminish our role. Obviously, not all programs at NDSU have captured this attitude and need to work on it, but the football program has. You can't buy this kind of support. Winning helps, but there is an absolute loyal following dedicated to the success of NDSU football and feel like they are part of the program. Most of their fans don't even care who their third string TE is or that it matters if he graduates. Emotionally and monetarily, we are invested in the program. Most of us have reaped benefits from a NDSU degree and want to see that passed on to others and feel this is one way to provide that opportunity. In many ways, we are very much connected to the school and athletic program. I feel sorry for the chin nuts that their course of action is to attempt to diminish this connection and to paint us as mere spectators, like them.

That's a tremendous post!!
+1

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 06:39 PM

I wish there was some way I could figure out which precious little snowflake is hers.

BisoninNWMN
12-12-2014, 07:01 PM
I wish there was some way I could figure out which precious little snowflake is hers.

That board is hilarious.....good entertainment reading thru that NDSU forum.

1st&TennBison
12-12-2014, 09:16 PM
I am happy to provide cannon fodder over there for Bison fan entertainment.

MAKBison
12-13-2014, 04:10 AM

That and well, I just hate to lose....at pretty much anything!

thebootfitter
12-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Other than the Packers, which I hate with a passion, there is no other pro team that has captured the sense the fan has just a much of a role in the outcome of a contest as the participants on the field.
Umm... The Seahawks? All you see around Seattle during football season are 12th Man flags. Flying everywhere. The stadium is effin' loud. The fans have a huge role. Maybe not the tradition of Green Bay, but certainly an atmosphere where fans are a part of the game.

Great post overall, but had to call this one out.

gizmo
12-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Umm... The Seahawks? All you see around Seattle during football season are 12th Man flags. Flying everywhere. The stadium is effin' loud. The fans have a huge role. Maybe not the tradition of Green Bay, but certainly an atmosphere where fans are a part of the game.

Uh, yeah, Seattle is at a totally different level than everybody else....college or pro. The Seahawks definitely set the standard for fans contributing to the home field advantage. NDSU could achieve that as well.
It all starts today!

Go Bison!!!!!!

td577
12-13-2014, 01:31 PM

That is a great atmosphere. Good call.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2014, 04:58 PM
So I give Costal props for a game well played.

Went and looked at their message board and was surprised to see them talking that the noise in the dome is not a big deal and that heck on the broadcast you can here their QB clapping so it couldn't have been loud. It is all just played up by the media and ESPN for a story. Ya ok sure boys and girls.

There were plenty of times that the noise played a impact in the game.

1. Their team had to prepare for it and it took up valuable practice time and meeting time.
2. It is not all about getting penalties it helps limit audibles from the opposing qb and it allows our DL to get off the ball quicker.
3. It does come into play with penalties also though. 3x it did anyways.

First time it was 3rd and 5 from the 9 and the QB tries to audible but has to run up to the line to inform them and gets a delay of game. Next play goes incomplete and the have to kick a FG

Second time was the end of the half and it was 3rd and goal from the 2, they jump offsides but as the play goes on they score a TD which is taken off the board by the penalty. They end up with a FG.

Third time it was 2nd and goal form the 1 and they jump. They did end up scoring a TD though on 3rd and 5.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2014, 05:25 PM

Went and looked at their message board and was surprised to see them talking that the noise in the dome is not a big deal and that heck on the broadcast you can here their QB clapping so it couldn't have been loud. It is all just played up by the media and ESPN for a story. Ya ok sure boys and girls.

1. Their team had to prepare for it and it took up valuable practice time and meeting time.
2. It is not all about getting penalties it helps limit audibles from the opposing qb and it allows our DL to get off the ball quicker.

First time it was 3rd and 5 from the 9 and the QB tries to audible but has to run up to the line to inform them and gets a delay of game. Next play goes incomplete and the have to kick a FG

Second time was the end of the half and it was 3rd and goal from the 2, they jump offsides but as the play goes on they score a TD which is taken off the board by the penalty. They end up with a FG.

Third time it was 2nd and goal form the 1 and they jump. They did end up scoring a TD though on 3rd and 5.

I also got a chuckle on all the angst about the reffing. While I understand the concern on the out of bounds call, I never really felt ESPN did great job of showing the best view. I think they could have "blown up" some of those views and they never did. I wonder if the replay ref had a better view, even if the same feed. Even with that said, it is not like it was a scoring play. They still would need to have punched it in, or kick a FG, and even then, the game would not have been won. I saw no other calls that were even questionable that went against them.

steelbison
12-15-2014, 05:27 PM

These guys are idiots. I had to scream to talk to the person next to me. It was as loud as ever. You could hear the QB clap.....right..LOL but you couldn't hear Dan Michaels......

CAS4127
12-15-2014, 05:30 PM
I also got a chuckle on all the angst about the reffing. While I understand the concern on the out of bounds call, I never really felt ESPN did great job of showing the best view. I think they could have "blown up" some of those views and they never did. I wonder if the replay ref had a better view, even if the same feed. Even with that said, it is not like it was a scoring play. They still would need to have punched it in, or kick a FG, and even then, the game would not have been won. I saw no other calls that were even questionable that went against them.

These guys are idiots. I had to scream to talk to the person next to me. It was as loud as ever. You could hear the QB clap.....right..LOL but you couldn't hear Dan Michaels......

They are talking about the ESPN broadcast which, by design I am sure, muted the crowd noise so you could hear the announcers. I can tell you that watching the game on TV did make it seem like it wasn't loud.

1st&TennBison
12-15-2014, 05:31 PM

Any fan base that tells you that the noise in the Fargodome is not loud or effects their team knows better that it does. They are probably jealous that the loudest noise in their stadium during a game are the crickets.
Even if they are able to deal with the noise and get plays off without a false start or delay of game,(like you said) they still have to waste valuable practice time which draws away from working on plays and other things. The mere fact that they need to allow for it and change the way plays are called makes a difference and helps the Bison.

thebootfitter
12-15-2014, 05:46 PM
The weird thing was that the decibel levels that they kept showing on TV barely reached above 100. If it was truly Georgia Southern levels of intensity, it should have been reading a bit higher than that. I believe that Georgia Southern game when Brock scored the go-ahead touchdown was recorded at 111 dB.

BisonNation11
12-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Here's how I know the crowd noise affected them. Their head coach admitted to taking the time to studying the brain, how it works and how to deal with the noise. Then they had to take that information and share it with the team and try to get them to understand it and utilize the best they could. And that's just during practice. Now during the game they're focusing on focusing on their job and the play more than they normally would without the noise. Like everyone said previously, you're nuts if you don't think it effected the team whether it was during the week or during the game. Being loud in the dome isn't new to anyone any more. I wish the local media would quit trying to act like it's the only place in the world that's loud. We know it's loud, the other team knows it will be loud, just let it be. It's loud, we get it. The bigger deal the media make of it, the more opposing teams will just brush it off and act like it doesn't do a thing.

BisonNation11
12-15-2014, 05:49 PM
The weird thing was that the decibel levels that they kept showing on TV barely reached above 100. If it was truly Georgia Southern levels of intensity, it should have been reading a bit higher than that. I believe that Georgia Southern game when Brock scored the go-ahead touchdown was recorded at 111 dB.

They kept showing that on 2nd down and before either team was anywhere near set to go. I wish they would have done a picture in picture during a big 3rd down and put the device in front of the student section not the knitters.

ndsubison1
12-15-2014, 06:18 PM
If it isn't loud then what does that say about their place?

td577
12-15-2014, 06:19 PM
A false start cost them four points in the first quarter, at least two first downs, and they had to burn one of their time outs in the third quarter. That was all I kept track of, there might have been more.

tjamz
12-15-2014, 07:31 PM
They can put as many seats as they want in there. How many times are they going to fill it?

Once every 2 years?

CaBisonFan
12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
They are talking about the ESPN broadcast which, by design I am sure, muted the crowd noise so you could hear the announcers. I can tell you that watching the game on TV did make it seem like it wasn't loud.
I thought it was louder than any of the espn3 broadcasts...but I still agree that is was muted.

NDSUstudent
12-15-2014, 07:40 PM
I wish they would unmute the crowd on a 3rd down and silence the announcers to give people the full affect of what the dome is just one time.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Going back and visiting their forum I realize now that it's not ball on their chin...it's sour grapes.

BisonAccountant44
12-15-2014, 08:01 PM
It really wasn't as loud as it could've been in there Saturday. The SDSU game was far louder IMO.

I remember thinking when they had the ballon two consecutive drives on the second half that it was down right quiet compared to what it should've been. Maybe it was just our section, but it seemed like the crowd just didn't get to where they have been in the past with the noise level.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2014, 08:05 PM
I thought it was louder than any of the espn3 broadcasts.

When I recorded it and watched it back in surround sound it was pretty sweet. They had the audio channels set very well so when you put it in sport mode it sounded like the Fargodome announcer was coming from the surround sound with some crowd noise and the front channels with the crowd noise and center with the announcers. There was times they had the fargodome announcer to loud and it was drowning out the broadcasters though. Overall it just isn't even close to the same on TV as real life and it is hard portray that and not have it annoy the crap out of the viewer.

MAKBison
12-15-2014, 08:06 PM

Take with a grain of salt...... they showed the meter in the down times between the plays. It gets it loudest as the team breaks the huddle.

MAKBison
12-15-2014, 08:07 PM
It really wasn't as loud as it could've been in there Saturday. The SDSU game was far louder IMO.

I remember thinking when they had the ballon two consecutive drives on the second half that it was down right quiet compared to what it should've been. Maybe it was just our section, but it seemed like the crowd just didn't get to where they have been in the past with the noise level.

Load enough to cause 2 false starts.

CaBisonFan
12-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Are there sections of people who sit on their hands during most of the game. TV kept showing one section that looked like they were in church.

stevdock
12-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Are there sections of people who sit on their hands during most of the game. TV kept showing one section that looked like they were in church.

Yes I good portion of the east and west sides don't do a whole lot until 3rd down or the game is on the line.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2014, 08:22 PM

That would be 21

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2014, 08:25 PM
That would be 21
Not only the worst, but also the most smug. You can't even walk by it in the concourse without getting heckled

CaBisonFan
12-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Yes I good portion of the east and west sides don't do a whole lot until 3rd down or the game is on the line.
That's simply amazing. I don't understand that attitude at all. They should give up their 'f...ing' seats.

Bison Loaf
12-15-2014, 08:41 PM

That's simply amazing. I don't understand that attitude at all. They should give up their 'f...ing' seats.

You know what, CA, I don't really agree with stevedock's view on this overall. I find it hard to believe that the Dome would be as loud as it has been the last two games without the vast majority of fans making some noise and being engaged. Sure some fans are more active and vocal than others, but we are all different. Bottom line, it has been absolutely "electric" inside the FFD and I've got no issues whatsoever with our fans.

Just wanted you to have another opinion.

CaBisonFan
12-15-2014, 08:54 PM
You know what, CA, I don't really agree with stevedock's view on this overall. I find it hard to believe that the Dome would be as loud as it has been the last two games without the vast majority of fans making some noise and being engaged. Sure some fans are more active and vocal than others, but we are all different. Bottom line, it has been absolutely "electric" inside the FFD and I've got no issues whatsoever with our fans.

Just wanted you to have another opinion.That's fair enough.

missingnumber7
12-15-2014, 09:02 PM

Watch the game, especially on 1st and 2nd downs early in drives. Maybe not a majority or even a good portion, but there are enough people to make it noticable.

stevdock
12-15-2014, 10:19 PM

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. On Saturday I sat at the Top of Section 3 right on the 30 yard line, so I could see the entire east side very easily. The closer to the end zones you go the more involved the fans are. The loudest parts of the Dome are obviously the student section, then probably the south end zone (partially because it's still student section), then the north end zone, and then work your way towards the middle on both the east and west side. Normally the west side is more involved than the east side. Sitting with my back to the outside wall on the north, south and east sides for 5 out of 8 games this season I feel I have a unique point of view that most don't have.

56BISON73
12-15-2014, 10:40 PM
You are definitely entitled to your opinion. On Saturday I sat at the Top of Section 3 right on the 30 yard line, so I could see the entire east side very easily. The closer to the end zones you go the more involved the fans are. The loudest parts of the Dome are obviously the student section, then probably the south end zone (partially because it's still student section), then the north end zone, and then work your way towards the middle on both the east and west side. Normally the west side is more involved than the east side. Sitting with my back to the outside wall on the north, south and east sides for 5 out of 8 games this season I feel I have a unique point of view that most don't have.

How did you determine if the fans were engaged or not?

stevdock
12-15-2014, 11:06 PM
How did you determine if the fans were engaged or not?

I am not one to say that you have to be standing to be engaged, but it does help. You can easily tell by the amount of cell phones out, food being eaten, and just not paying attention to the game.

NDSUSR
12-15-2014, 11:10 PM
I am not one to say that you have to be standing to be engaged, but it does help. You can easily tell by the amount of cell phones out, food being eaten, and just not paying attention to the game.

Some of us have kids at home, they call even when parents are at games. Some of us get hungry and eat.
God forbid I should be able to enjoy myself at a football game.

WYOBISONMAN
12-15-2014, 11:15 PM
What a dumb thread. NEXT! Bring on Sam!

56BISON73
12-15-2014, 11:33 PM

Hmmmm how engaged in the game were you to notice all of that in the stands?

GFBison
12-15-2014, 11:35 PM

Sure. Thanks to Gus coaching there and teaching them the way of the Herd!

BYZEN
12-15-2014, 11:59 PM

two words: Noise Canceling Technology
:evil:

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Hope some of their fans are watching Monday Night Football. The game got two C'on mans. Both for wanting ball placement light years off the actual placement in CCUs favor.

1st&TennBison
12-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Maybe I am missing what your trying to say, but doesn't section 3 face west. Because if what your saying is what you intended, then your could say that any seat your in you can see the entire stadium, which so far I have been able to do.

stevdock
12-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Hmmmm how engaged in the game were you to notice all of that in the stands?

I'm not going to fight with you. We have 8 home games on tape, go look at the tape. It should speak for itself. If someone were to actually zoom in on Section 3 row EE seats 1-4, you would see myself, my wife, son and father up and yelling every single down we were on defense. It's so frustrating to sit in sections when you want to be up and cheering and nobody else around you wants to do it. This weekend we should be back in GA where it will be nice and loud and most are engaged.

1st&TennBison
12-16-2014, 12:49 AM
So you were so engaged in the game that you had time to notice other people who in your mind were not engaged in the game. I guess I can't text/call to let people who can't watch/listen to the game know what is going on, or talk to my 3 year old grandson who called. Not allowed to partake in the vendors who sell food at the dome, how about we call the authorities and make them shut the food vendors down , lets just not sell food or beverages at the dome.

UTH
12-16-2014, 03:11 AM

They were.

LikeMothers
12-16-2014, 03:41 AM

Teh Holy Order!

tjamz
12-16-2014, 03:53 AM

Section 20 for the most part sits most of the game. There are exceptions, but from my view in 21 CC most everyone from AA to the stairs sits quietly (no obvious yelling, clapping, etc....) unless it's third down... and even then it's iffy if they stand. The upper section of 20 is decent as are the lower seats (A to F approx).

BlueBisonRock
12-16-2014, 05:30 AM
Section 20 for the most part sits most of the game. There are exceptions, but from my view in 21 CC most everyone from AA to the stairs sits quietly (no obvious yelling, clapping, etc....) unless it's third down... and even then it's iffy if they stand. The upper section of 20 is decent as are the lower seats (A to F approx).

Lower 21 is the location for the action.

bisonfanette
12-16-2014, 06:27 AM

I understand what he is saying & I agree. As I'm waving my pom pom with my right, slapping with my left, & holding a sign or two with my teeth, I can easily look to the east & to the west (all while being engaged in the game) & yes... his observations are correct! :)

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Perhaps the music is just too loud...

1998braves64
12-16-2014, 10:55 AM

This can be proven by the gigapixel picture taken I believe was the first Georgia Southern game?

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm not going to fight with you. We have 8 home games on tape, go look at the tape. It should speak for itself. If someone were to actually zoom in on Section 3 row EE seats 1-4, you would see myself, my wife, son and father up and yelling every single down we were on defense. It's so frustrating to sit in sections when you want to be up and cheering and nobody else around you wants to do it. This weekend we should be back in GA where it will be nice and loud and most are engaged.

Why should I watch tape of a football game to see what the fans are doing? I dont give a shit what the fans are doing. I give a shit on whats happening down on the field.

NorthernBison
12-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Why should I watch tape of a football game to see what the fans are doing? I dont give a shit what the fans are doing. I give a shit on whats happening down on the field.
Don't you just love it when people think it's their job to tell everybody else how to be a "real" fan?

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Don't you just love it when people think it's their job to tell everybody else how to be a "real" fan?

Unfreakingbelievable

BisoninNWMN
12-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Lower 20, we are up most of the time on defense....unless the games are in hand.

gizmo
12-16-2014, 01:00 PM
To those who do not appreciate the noise and enthusiasm that some Bison fans bring to the games, I think there is a good chance that the Bison would not be 3x defending national champions without that home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The noise level WE create is something the opposition spends a lot of time preparing for. It is a BIG deal! Now if some of you prefer to be quiet, that is your right but by god it is the noise makers who make a difference.

tony
12-16-2014, 01:09 PM
As long as we don't revert to the bad old days back when FargoDome security seemed to make it their business to suppress crowd noise, I figure to each their own. I even have sympathy for the folks who don't want people in front of them standing the whole game.

BTW, Craig Bohl's battle to regain a home-field advantage for NDSU ranks right up there with his greatest accomplishments.

BYZEN
12-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Lower 20, we are up most of the time on defense....unless the games are in hand.

...or you run into a really difficult stitch....or wait, is that the knitters in 21....I need Cliff Notes to keep up, who's got the script?

:bong: Friday tailgating and a fourth home game against the Beerkats!!! :cheers:

scottietohottie
12-16-2014, 01:14 PM
The players watch film on the game why shouldn't the fans? Bison fans strive to be the best just like the players do. I'm not satisfied looking good on ESPN have to look the best. Champions! Dynasty! I was standing and started yelling once during a TV timeout! Going to try and fix that this week I just wanted to be all over that no huddle offense. I think that little section everyone complains about is the visiting teams fans. Go Bison!

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 01:22 PM
To those who do not appreciate the noise and enthusiasm that some Bison fans bring to the games, I think there is a good chance that the Bison would not be 3x defending national champions without that home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The noise level WE create is something the opposition spends a lot of time . for. It is a BIG deal! Now if some of you prefer to be quiet, that is your right but by god it is the noise makers who make a difference.

Nobody has said anything about not appreciating the noise and enthusiasm. Its the constant bullshit some of you noise makers spew telling others how to be a supposed real fan. You think your actions should supercede common courtesy all in the name of you thinking you make a difference at a sporting event.

BYZEN
12-16-2014, 01:23 PM
As long as we don't revert to the bad old days back when FargoDome security seemed to make it their business to suppress crowd noise, I figure to each their own. I even have sympathy for the folks who don't want people in front of them standing the whole game.

BTW, Craig Bohl's battle to regain a home-field advantage for NDSU ranks right up there with his greatest accomplishments.

I was asked to sit down Saturday wen the Band came out onto the field so they could watch, I said sorry but no, they are about to play the school song and I will always stand for that. She gave me a nasty look but she learned so stand if she wanted to see over our row.

BYZEN
12-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Perhaps the music is just too loud...

^^^^:bow::nod::nod::bow:

Bison55
12-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Some of us have kids at home, they call even when parents are at games. Some of us get hungry and eat.
God forbid I should be able to enjoy myself at a football game.

Nope you must stand on all defensive downs even when others around you can't see/ you must yell as loud as you can even if the score is 45-0/ no food or drink allowed/ no bathroom breaks and you must swear and act like a juvenile redneck.....otherwise you're not entitled to have your season tickets and should give up your seats to other "real" fans.... remember it's all about you!

NorthernBison
12-16-2014, 01:32 PM
To those who do not appreciate the noise and enthusiasm that some Bison fans bring to the games, I think there is a good chance that the Bison would not be 3x defending national champions without that home field advantage throughout the playoffs. The noise level WE create is something the opposition spends a lot of time preparing for. It is a BIG deal! Now if some of you prefer to be quiet, that is your right but by god it is the noise makers who make a difference.
I have no problem with the noise or standing. However, your logic is not foolproof. If the noise was such a HUGE FACTOR we should have lost more road games over the last 4 years. We've actually lost more home games than road games during the regular season. Hmmm..... Maybe it's because the dome is so quiet during the regular season? I have a feeling the real home field advantage includes a Hell of a lot more than crowd noise.

56BISON73
12-16-2014, 01:35 PM
I have no problem with the noise or standing. However, your logic is not foolproof. If the noise was such a HUGE FACTOR we should have lost more road games over the last 4 years. We've actually lost more home games than road games during the regular season. Hmmm..... Maybe it's because the dome is so quiet during the regular season? I have a feeling the real home field advantage includes a Hell of a lot more than crowd noise.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

gizmo
12-16-2014, 01:40 PM
There were good things about being 3-8......No lines for the bathrooms and nachos!

Bison Loaf
12-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Jeezus, people!! Almost every FCS program in the country would give their left lung to have what we have going in the FFD. EVERY opposing coach has commented how special the atmosphere is inside the Dome. In just the last two games, listen to Stig's comments. Listen to Moglia's comments.

And yet, it's still not good enough for some who want to tell the rest of us how to act and when to act. :facepalm::facepalm2: Mini rant over. I'm going to try really hard to bow out of these conversations from here on out. There's just no point.

Herd80
12-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Jeezus, people!! Almost every FCS program in the country would give their left lung to have what we have going in the FFD. EVERY opposing coach has commented how special the atmosphere is inside the Dome. In just the last two games, listen to Stig's comments. Listen to Moglia's comments.

And yet, it's still not good enough for some who want to tell the rest of us how to act and when to act. :facepalm::facepalm2: Mini rant over. I'm going to try really hard to bow out of these conversations from here on out. There's just no point.

^^^^This^^^^

I've spent most of the year bowing out of these fing numbskull commentaries. Bitching about fans, crowd, students, players, coaches, playcalling,....holy carp. You would think we are on a 5 year losing streak and hadn't smelled playoffs for years.

Oh, and Section 3 really isn't all that bad. Most of us (around me at least) are engaged in the game, to the point where we spend more time fixated on what's happening on the field (and having fun at a football game) than standing and screaming. Sections 9, 17, 20, 21, 2, online viewers and a portion of the west lot...most of them suck because they don't act appropriately at a collegiate sporting event involving large students hitting upon each other. *purple*