PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Game is at 11 am next Saturday

stevdock
12-07-2014, 02:55 AM
I for one am happy about the Saturday game.

NDSUstudent
12-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Was hoping for Friday night lights but I will take it.

CentennialBison
12-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Also on ESPN 1 or ESPN.
Good ratings and exposure.

HoopsBison
12-07-2014, 02:59 AM
Not thrilled with the 11am start but its pretty sweet to be on ESPN!

Bison Loaf
12-07-2014, 03:00 AM
Another 5:30 am tailgate!! Honey, load up on the eggs and bacon this week!

Tatanka
12-07-2014, 03:01 AM
Awwwwwww yeeeeeaahhhhhhhhh
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs

BisonHorns
12-07-2014, 03:02 AM
Espn hells yeah!

marenlee
12-07-2014, 03:02 AM
You people and your central time pansiness.

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Damn a 6 am tailgate? Will be brutal. I'll have to bring at least my B game if I want to hang

pucknut9
12-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Love it. I can now watch. Had it been 2:30 again no dice.

56BISON73
12-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Awwwwwww yeeeeeaahhhhhhhhh

Now we have to REALLY get up early.

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 03:21 AM
The Bison pushed CC all over the field last year.

Can they do it again this year?

Yep!

NDSU1980
12-07-2014, 03:31 AM
The Bison pushed CC all over the field last year.

Can they do it again this year?

Yep!
I fully expect a win, but it won't be like last year. Teams seem to figure out the puzzle a little more each time they play us, as we saw today. Not sure why we aren't improving more on repeat teams. I'm really looking forward to a good, hard fought game against CC, keep inching towards Frisco

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 03:33 AM
I fully expect a win, but it won't be like last year. Teams seem to figure out the puzzle a little more each time they play us, as we saw today. Not sure why we aren't improving more on repeat teams. I'm really looking forward to a good, hard fought game against CC, keep inching towards Frisco

Maybe.

But CC looked like team that could not match us physically last year. It looks like their defense might be a little better this year but it will be an interesting match up.

Looking at some of their highlights, I think the Bison will be able to run on them....a lot.

IBleedYellow
12-07-2014, 03:35 AM
You people and your central time pansiness.
Central winning time.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

BisonTeacher
12-07-2014, 03:35 AM
Maybe.

But CC looked like team that could not match us physically last year. It looks like their defense might be a little better this year but it will be an interesting match up.

Looking at some of their highlights, I think the Bison will be able to run on them....a lot.

Gosh i hope so. Seems like a long time since weve broken a big run.

natstar1
12-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Gosh i hope so. Seems like a long time since weve broken a big run.

Wentz had one today.

Bison Loaf
12-07-2014, 03:41 AM
Central winning time.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

The "rooster" summons Bison Nation to the west lot this Saturday for a 2nd year in a row! (pun very much intended!)

Bison Loaf
12-07-2014, 03:58 AM

I think your sentiment has merit, but I don't see it as us not improving as much as I see it more as "the whole damn country is gunning for us" and, quite frankly, they should be. Three straight National Championships, 2 straight Gameday appearances, and winners of 55 out of 58 games. If you are an FCS program and you are NOT trying to "be NDSU" in some foundational, puzzle-solving way (and, of course, ultimately beat NDSU!), you just don't have your priorities straight.

BisonNeil
12-07-2014, 04:02 AM
CC really struggled offensively with Richmond today. I think the Bison have a decent chance.

TransAmBison
12-07-2014, 04:14 AM
I'm sure glad to have the Bison play somebody not in our conference!

natstar1
12-07-2014, 04:15 AM
CC really struggled offensively with Richmond today. I think the Bison have a decent chance.

487 yards and 27 first downs though...lots of rushing yards, not much through the air

Tatanka
12-07-2014, 04:19 AM
Scrot throats got into a scrum today with Richmond. Highlights on channel 6 showed a speedy running back wearing number....31. Are they better than last year? We'll see on ESPN. Not the ocho. Where's that asshat Derrick T Sovak?

BYZEN
12-07-2014, 04:21 AM
Bring on the Chinballs....:biggrin:

ndsubison1
12-07-2014, 04:22 AM
Need to avoid penalties and move the ball more efficiently on offense. We should be able to out physical them.

VirginiaBison
12-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Need to avoid penalties and move the ball more efficiently on offense. We should be able to out physical them. Need better officials who actually know what and when to call a penalty, not just make them up.

FCSFan
12-07-2014, 04:31 AM
And don't forget some Coastal players didn't think they got beat last year, couple plays here and there and would have been different:facepalm: That should be some motivation to butcher them:hungry: But save the chinballs to put on the back hitch of their head coaches jet!!

MAKBison
12-07-2014, 05:32 AM
And don't forget some Coastal players didn't think they got beat last year, couple plays here and there and would have been different:facepalm: That should be some motivation to butcher them:hungry: But save the chinballs to put on the back hitch of their head coaches jet!!

dont forget, the comment from the CB players...not very loud nothing special about the dome Blablabla

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2014, 07:04 AM
TSCF will be there. CC may want to just forfeit.....

KilldeerBison
12-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Need better officials who actually know what and when to call a penalty, not just make them up.
I agree, would be nice to play a game where the officials are not such a negative factor. These teams are hard enough competition without getting hosed by fantasy penalties.

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 11:39 AM
CC's defense is ranked #51 in the FCS against the likes of: #51 against much easier competition

The Citadel
NC A&T
SC State
Florida A&M
Elon
Furman
Presbyterian
Charleston Southern
Gardner-Webb
Charlotte
Monmouth
Liberty

The Bison offense should be able to move the ball against this team. It will be interesting to see if they have improved since last year.

A1pigskin
12-07-2014, 12:13 PM
CC's defense is ranked #51 in the FCS against the likes of: #51 against much easier competition

The Citadel
NC A&T
SC State
Florida A&M
Elon
Furman
Presbyterian
Charleston Southern
Gardner-Webb
Charlotte
Monmouth
Liberty

The Bison offense should be able to move the ball against this team. It will be interesting to see if they have improved since last year.

This is only good news for the Bison.

Tatanka
12-07-2014, 01:12 PM

The Citadel
NC A&T
SC State
Florida A&M
Elon
Furman
Presbyterian
Charleston Southern
Gardner-Webb
Charlotte
Monmouth
Liberty

Wow, that looks like a murderer's row of competition. Would be interesting to put some Sagarin numbers up next to those teams in the list. I'm guessing the "2" key gets used quite a bit.

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Ive got Coastal in a squeaker. Gonna come down to turnovers and who scores last.

CCU 52
ndsu 10

gumby013
12-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Wow, that looks like a murderer's row of competition. Would be interesting to put some Sagarin numbers up next to those teams in the list. I'm guessing the "2" key gets used quite a bit.

The Citadel - 162
NC A&T - 171
SC State - 177
Florida A&M - 230
Elon - 219
Furman - 191
Presbyterian - 164
Charleston Southern - 134
Gardner-Webb - 215
Charlotte - 193
Monmouth - 192
Liberty - 111 (Loss)
Richmond - 139

Sagarin has Coastal ranked at 91 this week. NDSU is at 40, roughly 14.5 favorites at the dome.

56BISON73
12-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Bring on the Chinballs....:biggrin:

That's. Ballchinians.j

BYZEN
12-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Ive got Coastal in a squeaker. Gonna come down to turnovers and who scores last.

CCU 52
ndsu 10

Wait WHAT??? you don't want to take time watching film checking injury lists, it's only Sunday, anything, not going to give us a chance at all man???? Dammn

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Wait WHAT??? you don't want to take time watching film checking injury lists, it's only Sunday, anything, not going to give us a chance at all man???? Dammn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMp8aDH8d9M

semobison
12-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah, poor officiating yesterday, but we need to clean up our procedure penalties. Those were not on the officials. Also, comparing last years game against Coastal is foolish, we were a fined tuned machine in last years playoffs and we are not playing at that level this season....But, I don't believe Coastal will be as physical up front on both sides of the ball as the Jacks. This game will be closer than last years game but we are still capable of wearing them down if we play our game.

BisonNeil
12-07-2014, 02:40 PM

The Citadel
NC A&T
SC State
Florida A&M
Elon
Furman
Presbyterian
Charleston Southern
Gardner-Webb
Charlotte
Monmouth
Liberty

I don't think we should assume that. Case in point. Richmond was the #19 offense and they held them to 54 yds rushing (although Richmond did pass for 400 yds). So even though they are #51, the Bison just struggled with the #50 defense in the country.

And CC has the #14 offense and our defense just struggled with the #27. Forget your perception of strength of schedule. We are in the playoffs and they are one of the top 8 teams left. Anybody can beat anybody and if the Bison play like they did on Saturday, and make as many mental mistakes next week as they did this week, it could be another very long day.

CC will be a tough opponent. It's going to be a hell of a game. The only thing that you can carve in granite about this game is that Hinz and Bonnet will each have a penalty in the game :(

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't think we should assume that. Case in point. Richmond was the #19 offense and they held them to 54 yds rushing (although Richmond did pass for 400 yds). So even though they are #51, the Bison just struggled with the #50 defense in the country.

And CC has the #14 offense and our defense just struggled with the #27. Forget your perception of strength of schedule. We are in the playoffs and they are one of the top 8 teams left. Anybody can beat anybody and if the Bison play like they did on Saturday, and make as many mental mistakes next week as they did this week, it could be another very long day.

CC will be a tough opponent. It's going to be a hell of a game. The only thing that you can carve in granite about this game is that Hinz and Bonnet will each have a penalty in the game :(

Apples/oranges IMO.

SDSU knows us pretty well compared to CC. CC was physically overwhelmed by the Bison last year. Will this year be any different? Maybe, but until a team other than a Valley team comes into the FD and takes it to the Bison, I'm not picking against this team.

Plus, the Bison only gave up 275 yards to one of the hottest offensive teams in the FCS. Not the most difficult to score for the Jacks when you return a punt to the 10 yard line and have 3 penalties extend drives on a scoring series. No way CC comes in and moves the ball all over the field on this defense. Richmond took what the defense gave them.

Keep up the glass half empty salvos. The Bison had 416 yards of offense yesterday....not bad against the #50 defense even though they knew what we were going to do.

We'll see if they have closed the gap.

gumby013
12-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Looking at their media notes from this past game:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/coas/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/release/release_20141203aaa.pdf

Looks like their D is still on the smaller side and still plays a base 4-2-5. This bodes well for the power game.

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Looking at their media notes from this past game:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/coas/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/release/release_20141203aaa.pdf

Looks like their D is still on the smaller side and still plays a base 4-2-5. This bodes well for the power game.

This here.

CC is a finesse team all the way. A 4-2-5 will get eaten up if they do not bring down extra defenders in the box. That will open up the play-action pass.

BisonNeil
12-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Apples/oranges IMO.

SDSU knows us pretty well compared to CC. CC was physically overwhelmed by the Bison last year. Will this year be any different? Maybe, but until a team other than a Valley team comes into the FD and takes it to the Bison, I'm not picking against this team.

Plus, the Bison only gave up 275 yards to one of the hottest offensive teams in the FCS. Not the most difficult to score for the Jacks when you return a punt to the 10 yard line and have 3 penalties extend drives on a scoring series. No way CC comes in and moves the ball all over the field on this defense. Richmond took what the defense gave them.

Keep up the glass half empty salvos. The Bison had 416 yards of offense yesterday....not bad against the #50 defense even though they knew what we were going to do.

We'll see if they have closed the gap.

No way CC comes in and moves the ball all over the field on NDSUs defense? Hmmm...sounds familiar. Here is what you said about the SDSU game.

"SDSU's run defense is weak and the Bison will exploit it again.

NDSU's defense will contain ZZ and Sumner enough. They are ranked #1 for a reason....they are good!!"

While that was basically true, ZZ had his best game by far and away in this game and I think Steigy outcoached Klieman in this one. He had a week to prepare and came up with a brilliant game plan. NDSU had two weeks and shit in their pants for two and a half quarters.

And I am not picking against the Bison, never even came close to saying that. I am just saying that Bison fans tend to think this team will dominate every game, and you are one of those. I happen to think this team will win, but not blow every team out like you and others do. I was a hell of a lot closer in my prediction of the SDSU game then all of you, and I think CC will pose a lot more competition to NDSU than you and all the other rubes think.

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 03:05 PM
No way CC comes in and moves the ball all over the field on NDSUs defense? Hmmm...sounds familiar. Here is what you said about the SDSU game.

NDSU's defense will contain ZZ and Sumner enough. They are ranked #1 for a reason....they are good!!"

While that was basically true, ZZ had his best game by far and away in this game and I think Steigy outcoached Klieman in this one. He had a week to prepare and came up with a brilliant game plan. NDSU had two weeks and shit in their pants for two and a half quarters.

And I am not picking against the Bison, never even came close to saying that. I am just saying that Bison fans tend to think this team will dominate every game, and you are one of those. I happen to think this team will win, but not blow every team out like you and others do. I was a hell of a lot closer in my prediction of the SDSU game then all of you, and I think CC will pose a lot more competition to NDSU than you and all the other rubes think.

You want a medal or a chest to pin it on for your prediction?

:rofl:

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Oh by the way neil:

The last time I checked, SDSU had some pretty good players. Ya, I thought the Bison would run like they did the first game. I was wrong in that they didn't run for as many yards. Big frickin deal.

But like I said, keep up your glass 1/2 empty crap.

In the end, the Bison offense came up big and scored when it counted.

BisonNeil
12-07-2014, 03:09 PM
You want a medal or a chest to pin it on for your prediction?

:rofl:

That would be nice. Solid gold if possible, but platinum would also be nice.

OatmealWicket92
12-07-2014, 03:10 PM
But can that offensive line stop the buzzsaw that is #53?? And the bunnies threw the kitchen sink at us and it wasn't enough...if the players are keyed in (which I know they will be) I expect a huge game from our defense and JC/CW running power

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2014, 03:25 PM
so when Neil is wrong in blow out wins when he predicts a close win, is he here saying how wrong he was and how he wasn't even close to his prediction?

you say every game Bison fans shouldn't take this team lightly and to expect a closer game than what the majority thinks. Congrats...you've been right like 10 times in the past 58 games.

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 03:34 PM
so when Neil is wrong in blow out wins when he predicts a close win, is he here saying how wrong he was and how he wasn't even close to his prediction?

you say every game Bison fans shouldn't take this team lightly and to expect a closer game than what the majority thinks. Congrats...you've been right like 10 times in the past 58 games.

I don't agree with you a lot on here but we're all fans. We Bison fans fight and bicker more with each other than opposing fans...:biggrin:

Ya, I guess I'm in the homer class but I make no apologies for that and never will. I roll my eyes when I see your 52-10 prediction every week but it still gives me a smile when I see it...:)

If the Bison win by 1 or 50, it is still a win.

I'd pick the Bison vs the Patriots...:biggrin:

DCinOK
12-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Can we work on our kickoffs being kicked into the FIELD OF PLAY this week?? That would be nice.

semobison
12-07-2014, 03:55 PM
The real beauty of message boards is that as soon as you post anything, someone will disagree with you! There are many different types of fans. The guys who would pick us to beat the Patriots to the guys who would worry about Mayville State's pass rush. Its all good, just don't be offended when someone disagrees with you!

BisonNeil
12-07-2014, 04:00 PM

Well, to be honest, you have been wrong in all of those 58 games with your prediction of 52-10 in favor of the opposition. 0.172>0.000 :D

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Well, to be honest, you have been wrong in all of those 58 games with your prediction of 52-10 in favor of the opposition. 0.172>0.000 :D

hey damn it, its gonna happen this weekend!:rofl:

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 04:02 PM
The Bison football show that just got done, they said that CC ran 95 plays yesterday. Hard for any team to win a game when you give up 95 offensive plays.

I think our defense will up for the challenge...:)

bisonridge
12-07-2014, 04:09 PM
The Bison football show that just got done, they said that CC ran 95 plays yesterday. Hard for any team to win a game when you give up 95 offensive plays.

I think our defense will up for the challenge...:)

I would be willing to bet they run half the plays they did yesterday when they play the Bison

G_Funky
12-07-2014, 04:16 PM
what's the policy in tickets for a 2 year old?

gumby013
12-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Tickets are now available to season ticket holders on GoBison.com (http://www.gobison.com)

Bison"FANatic"
12-07-2014, 04:29 PM
what's the policy in tickets for a 2 year old?

Your good no ticket needed

td577
12-07-2014, 04:40 PM

Zenner had a decent game. 32 carries for 133 yards and 2 TDs. Everyone else, meh. Sumner and the passing attack was held in check. They needed a little bit more from somewhere other than ZZ and didn't get it. That was the difference. The Bison just do what the Bison do. Won TOP battle, no turnovers, made the bunnies one dimensional, and scored more then they did. Could it have been a cleaner game? Sure, but it wasn't a terrible game by the Bison. The bunnies threw a couple different looks out there and it didn't cripple our defense. A couple phantom pass interference calls helped them move the ball. The Bison kept the game in check and won it. We got everything the bunnies could possibly try in one game and it still didn't matter in the end.

The only part of the game where I was disappointed in was I thought the bunnies were winning in the trenches more than I thought they would at this point of the season. Our lines are not inexperienced anymore, but this was a valley game played like two good valley teams play. 10 more games and the Bison very well likely win all 10 with the bunnies, but they will have a mixture of hard fought games in there. The bunnies needed all parts of their offense running on all cylinders to win and they couldn't get it all going. The Bison needed to make sure they didn't shoot themselves in the foot and take away a chance to win and they didn't. I was not surprised the way it played out. I still almost had a heart attack though.

BisoninNWMN
12-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Tickets are now available to season ticket holders on GoBison.com (http://www.gobison.com)

Check!

Just got mine!

td577
12-07-2014, 05:17 PM

Done......

A1pigskin
12-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Going to get mine now. Thanks.

StL Bison Fan
12-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Got them. Now will worry until I get to Fargo to pick them up. Why worry?
Just the way it is.

BlueBisonRock
12-07-2014, 06:12 PM
The real beauty of message boards is that as soon as you post anything, someone will disagree with you! There are many different types of fans. The guys who would pick us to beat the Patriots to the guys who would worry about Mayville State's pass rush. Its all good, just don't be offended when someone disagrees with you!

Don't tell me not to be offended! :ranting:

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Got them. Now will worry until I get to Fargo to pick them up. Why worry?
Just the way it is.

what? Just get them on game day @ Fargodome Will call

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Well, as per norm, in the waiting room getting ready to blow a coronary.....

NDSUBowler
12-07-2014, 07:09 PM
One of my 8 browsers got right into the lobby to get 2 tickets. The other 7 were stuck in waiting room purgatory.

I feel lucky this week.

GFBison
12-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Well, as per norm, in the waiting room getting ready to blow a coronary.....

Mine is stuck on finding best seats available for 10 minutes.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if the NCAA prohibits sales to boosters first? Wouldn't that make sense?

CAS4127
12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know if the NCAA prohibits sales to boosters first? Wouldn't that make sense?

How would that make sense. Vast majority of season ticket holders are boosters/TMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2014, 07:21 PM
How would that make sense. Vast majority of season ticket holders are boosters/TMs.

So, then why does NDSU not sell single playoff tickets to boosters first? They only give season ticket holders help.

CAS4127
12-07-2014, 07:24 PM
I doubt strongly there are many boosters who aren't also season ticket holders.

Im not following your train of thought nor logic here. What am I missing?

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2014, 07:26 PM
I doubt strongly there are many boosters who aren't also season ticket holders.

I know following your train of thought nor logic here. What am I missing?

Why don't they let me, a booster, buy tickets before the general public?

GFBison
12-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Extra tickets? You already get yours held for you right?

CAS4127
12-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I understand now. It was your first post on this subject that threw me off. Y don't you bye season tickets. I could easily get rid of ones you don't/can't use. Seems that would alleviate the issues and stress you seem to have whenever you want to get into a game.

loudsilverado
12-07-2014, 07:30 PM
sold out yet? I have 4 windows in the online waiting room

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2014, 07:33 PM
I understand now. It was your first post on this subject that threw me off. Y don't you bye season tickets. I could easily get rid of ones you don't/can't use. Seems that would alleviate the issues and stress you seem to have whenever you want to get into a game.

I've been trying to do just that for years......

loudsilverado
12-07-2014, 07:34 PM

CAS must be under a rock and missed your and my conversations about this stuff over and over again.

td577
12-07-2014, 07:36 PM

I think it is too short a time span to implement a tiered system. I get where you are coming at but here is what they would have to do and have the software ready to go to accomplish it. I think the system they have in place allows for 95% of people to make plans for next weekend today. Any other system drops that number to 85% and the office is getting a shit ton of complaints because people don't want to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to know if they get a ticket or not. That is just my opinion.

GFBison
12-07-2014, 08:01 PM
sold out yet? I have 4 windows in the online waiting room

After 30 minutes waiting for best seats we go two. I had another in waiting room and go a ticket 5 minutes ago.
You click on the button it took about 8 tries before it returned a seat.

Gully
12-07-2014, 08:09 PM

For years? Not that many years. You could have got them 3-4 years ago I know.

GFBison
12-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Says sold out now.

StL Bison Fan
12-07-2014, 08:11 PM
what? Just get them on game day @ Fargodome Will call

Oh, I know that. It's called being neurotic.

BYZEN
12-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Great. Now um is this going to be a Gold Rush or Green or maybe we could go with white this week???? Has Scheels' and the Bookstore decided yet?
FWIW I think the Yellow shirts show up best on ESPN! Just saying :biggrin:

NDSUBowler
12-07-2014, 08:33 PM
I love gold rush. I WANT A GOLD RUSH

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2014, 08:59 PM
For years? Not that many years. You could have got them 3-4 years ago I know.

Years is plural. does not have to be 10. I think I should teach English now.

Honeybooboo
12-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Yeah, poor officiating yesterday, but we need to clean up our procedure penalties. Those were not on the officials. Also, comparing last years game against Coastal is foolish, we were a fined tuned machine in last years playoffs and we are not playing at that level this season....But, I don't believe Coastal will be as physical up front on both sides of the ball as the Jacks. This game will be closer than last years game but we are still capable of wearing them down if we play our game.

They lost their running Bak to the nfl, same type of blowout

Just my guess

Gully
12-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Years is plural. does not have to be 10. I think I should teach English now.

You are technically correct (obviously). To say years makes it sound like longer though. Road has been going to games "for years". You have been trying to get seasons tickets since NDSU started winning titles a couple of years ago. Those two things sound completely different don't they?

stevdock
12-07-2014, 10:05 PM

That is a question NDSU should have to answer. We are a part of TM's and have been trying to get season tickets also for the last few years, but don't have enough points yet. It would be nice if NDSU gave priority to TM's first for playoff tickets. It would also be a HUGE membership increase then if they did that.

Thankfully we did get reserved tickets today so I don't have to sweat the GA release later this week.

gumby013
12-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Watching the Coastal/Richmond game right now. A couple things jump out.

Coastal's kicking game is inconsistent.

Coastal wan't getting any push on the Richmond D-line. it seems like they are using a zone blocking scheme, but they weren't able to create any of the gaps necessary for that to work. Play our gaps, and we should be good to go with the run-D.

Their running game is nowhere near as potent as it could be last year with Taliaferro.

Richmond was playing a soft-ish zone most of the game, Coastal did a good job of finding holes.

Lots and lots of quick passes. I think press converge on the outside may disrupt their quick timing routes.

Coastal's QB was inconsistent. His passes were either right on the money, or wildly off. He also had issues picking up where linebackers were dropping into coverage.

Coastal's D is small. 4-2-5 base, with the entire line being smaller than we are used to. Their defensive ends are all of 235 lbs. I think we will see lots of power runs. Their DB's do a solid job in run support, but they seem to be looking for the pass first.

EDIT: Loads of blitz packages...loads.

bisonpride4ever
12-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I really like their LB Quinn Backus. That guy is a dude.

Vet70
12-07-2014, 10:52 PM

Coastal wan't getting any push on the Richmond D-line. it seems like they are using a zone blocking scheme, but they weren't able to create any of the gaps necessary for that to work. Play our gaps, and we should be good to go with the run-D.

Their running game is nowhere near as potent as it could be last year with Taliaferro.

Richmond was playing a soft-ish zone most of the game, Coastal did a good job of finding holes.

Lots and lots of quick passes. I think press converge on the outside may disrupt their quick timing routes.

Coastal's QB was inconsistent. His passes were either right on the money, or wildly off. He also had issues picking up where linebackers were dropping into coverage.

Coastal's D is small. 4-2-5 base, with the entire line being smaller than we are used to. Their defensive ends are all of 235 lbs. I think we will see lots of power runs. Their DB's do a solid job in run support, but they seem to be looking for the pass first.

Personally I am scared to death of their Southern speed.

imabison
12-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Someone needs to send their coach a message asking if they will be bring their own tents, they campsite has been reserved. I guess he was disappointed in accommodations but there was a concert taking the rooms or was a Concordia Christmas event ������

FFBison
12-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Someone needs to send their coach a message asking if they will be bring their own tents, they campsite has been reserved. I guess he was disappointed in accommodations but there was a concert taking the rooms or was a Concordia Christmas event ������

Moglia should just build a hotel near the Fargodome. He and his team can use it once a year and the Grand Forks closet Bison fans can use it the rest of the time.

TNbison
12-08-2014, 12:42 AM
I'll second the comment on the gold rush for ESPN. The dome really doesn't show well on TV because it is so dark in the stands. Stands full of yellow shirts looks great. Stands full of green shirts just looks like big shadows almost. Or everyone could just get one of these with NDSU on it http://www.electricstyles.com/collections/light-up-hats/products/custom-light-up-hats . I'm sure we could get at least a 3% discount on 18,000 of them

Kingslayer
12-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Wish we could bust out some homer hankies for a playoff game. That would be awesome. NCAA would probably shoot it down...

Bison03
12-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Wish we could bust out some homer hankies for a playoff game. That would be awesome. NCAA would probably shoot it down...

Why would the ncaa have any say in what fans are waving at the game. For the 2011 Georgia Southern game, they handed out yellow hankies in the tailgate lot. I'm guessing this week will be a gold rush.

BlueBisonRock
12-08-2014, 01:25 AM
Why not follow Oregon's lead and go with a neon green coloring?

Yes, there is ample sarcasm in that statement.

56BISON73
12-08-2014, 03:26 AM

3 years?.....

BisoninNWMN
12-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Good analysis....I watched that game also.

Bison defense is going to see a lot of 3-4 WR sets. Richmond played a soft in the secondary a lot. Richmond was running on them early and they do not run a power run type offense. Richmond should have run more.

IMO, the Bison should be able to run all over this team. CC is going to have to bring extra players into the box or they will get pushed all over the field.

CC's RB stayed in to help block on a lot of pass plays....they better do that to help stop Emanuel.

I didn't see anything from CC that makes me think they will do much better than last year.

UncleBuck
12-08-2014, 01:46 PM

I think Bison fans should wave chin balls, since the Bison will have them by the balls.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-08-2014, 01:58 PM

CCU 52
ndsu 10

I really think a game like this is will come down to the refs and who scores more.

KilldeerBison
12-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Don't tell me not to be offended! :ranting:
Frankly, I'm offended that you told me not to be offended. And, yes I called you Frankly.:cool:

scottietohottie
12-09-2014, 02:06 PM
So did anyone else pay for tickets then get an email last night at 1am saying that records showed that your tickets had not yet been purchased. I jumped out of bed and looked on my bank account the transaction had went through on hold now trying to figure out wtf is going on. Enough stress at the games don't need this extra stress now ticket office!

scottietohottie
12-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Problem solved I will be there!

westnodak93bison
12-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Frankly, I'm offended that you told me not to be offended. And, yes I called you Frankly.:cool:
Shirley you didn't call him Frankly?

gumby013
12-09-2014, 03:27 PM
5 Dimes has us -17.5 right now.

EDIT: And ISURed is -4.5 at EWU. That one surprises me.

cbline
12-09-2014, 03:32 PM
5 Dimes has us -17.5 right now.

EDIT: And ISURed is -4.5 at EWU. That one surprises me.

Surprises you in what way? That they are favored, or that they are favored by fewer points than you'd expect? I would guess that's a pretty accurate line.

gumby013
12-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Surprises you in what way? That they are favored, or that they are favored by fewer points than you'd expect? I would guess that's a pretty accurate line.

That bettors have figured out that a lower seed on the road could be favored.

westnodak93bison
12-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Has anyone seen Mr. Millionaire in a press conference this week?

SafeTeeJ
12-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Has anyone seen Mr. Millionaire in a press conference this week?

from the coastal forum....it isn't until Wednesday

tony
12-09-2014, 08:57 PM

I watched their loss to Liberty in the last game of the season and saw a lot of the same things... for example, they blitz. A lot. BTW, Liberty was playing without their starting QB. A championship contender shouldn't lose to a team playing their backup QB. At least in the first half, Liberty was giving the Coastal WRs a ridiculous cushion. They have a rugby style punter and his punts are low and NDSU might be able to get a block without getting within 3 yards of him.

IIRC, Vraa was beating their coverage deep, but Brock was just a little too strong with his throws.

Bisonguy
12-10-2014, 12:58 AM

Chea, no homer hankies but there will be 18k pom-poms if they show up in time.

bisonmike2
12-10-2014, 05:26 AM
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/09/3533170/coastal-coach-should-be-better.html?sp=/99/104/450/470/

Nice article. Holy crap, I didn't realize we put up more than 600 yards on offense against them last year including over 400 yards rushing.

stevdock
12-10-2014, 11:19 AM
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/09/3533170/coastal-coach-should-be-better.html?sp=/99/104/450/470/

Nice article. Holy crap, I didn't realize we put up more than 600 yards on offense against them last year including over 400 yards rushing.

Depending on the game plan I could see us having 3 guys go over 100 (Crock, Wentz, and Frasier) yards with Crock closer to 200.

ZHerd
12-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Depending on the game plan I could see us having 3 guys go over 100 (Crock, Wentz, and Frasier) yards with Crock closer to 200.

Our run blocking isn't near as good as last year not to mentioned our o-line is undisciplined. I wouldn't expect anything similar to a repeat of last season.

KyleK
12-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Chanticleers welcome FCS quarterfinals rematch at North Dakota State

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/09/4659886_ccu-football-notebook-chanticleers.html?rh=1

daddy daycare
12-10-2014, 02:02 PM
How about some short passes on 1st down so the boys can work with 2nd and 5 or 3 instead of 2nd and 10? Anyway....I'd like to see 35+ minutes of ball control.

tony
12-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Chanticleers welcome FCS quarterfinals rematch at North Dakota State

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/09/4659886_ccu-football-notebook-chanticleers.html?rh=1

They certainly have the right attitude.

Mr. Burgundy
12-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Our run blocking isn't near as good as last year not to mentioned our o-line is undisciplined. I wouldn't expect anything similar to a repeat of last season.

Pretty awesome that Zach Johnson is basically waiting in the wings ready to dominate AGAIN next year. Kid is a load. Our line is getting alot of experience. Future is bright.

BisonNation11
12-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Pretty awesome that Zach Johnson is basically waiting in the wings ready to dominate AGAIN next year. Kid is a load. Our line is getting alot of experience. Future is bright.

This is the truth. We graduate one from the O-Line this year, we get a stud back, and a bunch of guys gained priceless experience. We also have no idea who else is waiting in the wings to prove themselves.

CAS4127
12-10-2014, 03:55 PM

We are also missing Grothman in our running game (run blocking) big time IMO. Hopefully we have someone who steps up next year.

westnodak93bison
12-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes and the O may have to hold down the fort next year while the new D gets experience.

Bison Loaf
12-10-2014, 04:21 PM

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but does anyone EVER truly expect a 34-point victory between 2 playoff teams that are in the final 8 left standing?

I sure didn't expect it last year, and yet, it happened. And even with last year's results, I still don't expect it again this year. But that doesn't mean I'm expecting a close game either.

As always..................time will tell.

BisonNeil
12-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Not trying to be a smart ass here, but does anyone EVER truly expect a 34-point victory between 2 playoff teams that are in the final 8 left standing?

I sure didn't expect it last year, and yet, it happened. And even with last year's results, I still don't expect it again this year. But that doesn't mean I'm expecting a close game either.

Great question! I know I don't, but I thought I would just check the scores since NDSU has been in the final 8.

2010- Biggest margin of victory was Villinova's win over Appy State by 18 points.

2011- Sam Houston St beat the Big Fluffy's from Montana State by 36 and Montana beat UNI by 38.

2012- Biggest margin of victory was Sam Houston St beat the Big Fluffy's from Montana State by 18.

2013- Obviously NDSU beat CC by 34 in last years playoff.

So, a team beating another team in the elite 8 by 34 pts or more has only happened 3 times in the past four years, so only 19% of the time.

I do not expect that kind of margin and actually think this will be a really, really good game with NDSU winning in the 4th quarter. But hey, that's me :D

BisonNeil
12-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Stupid BV is so busy the post got posted twice. Sorry.

Bison Loaf
12-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Great question! I know I don't, but I thought I would just check the scores since NDSU has been in the final 8.

2010- Biggest margin of victory was Villinova's win over Appy State by 18 points.

2011- Sam Houston St beat the Big Fluffy's from Montana State by 36 and Montana beat UNI by 38.

2012- Biggest margin of victor was Sam Houston St beat the Big Fluffy's from Montana State by 18.

2013- Obviously NDSU beat CC by 34 in last years playoff.

So, a team beating another team in the elite 8 has only happened 3 times in the past four years, over four years, so only 19% of the time.

I do not expect that kind of margin and actually think this will be a really, really good game with NDSU winning in the 4th quarter. But hey, that's me :D

Yeah, I'm just as guilty as anyone on here of predicting exaggeratingly large margins of victory, but I honestly never really EXPECT them. Fact is, I'm usually a nervous veg before most games the Herd plays.

BUT.........I hope we can all agree that if there ever WAS a fan base that is JUSTIFIED in their arrogant ways.....it's us!!! ;):nod:

ZHerd
12-10-2014, 06:15 PM

I don't expect us to blowout anyone remaining though I would be happy if we did. This is a very even playoff field and we really aren't ahead of the pack like last year. That's not a slam on our guys, just reality. A championship this year would be our most impressive one yet imo. I believe our guys can do it but every game is potentially going to be a scrap

ZHerd
12-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Agreed, young front lines that I think will be improved next year. Should be fun. We need more young guys to step it up in these playoffs. RJ did it now its time for a defensive young guy. I would love to see a D lineman other than Kyle absolutely go off

gumby013
12-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Coastal Presser...

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121014aaa.html

gumby013
12-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Coastal Game Notes:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/coas/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/release/release_20141209aaa.pdf

Bison"FANatic"
12-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Quinn Backus states that the fans are well educated, know players names and yelling at them during warm ups so they had to try to stay focused.

tony
12-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Coastal Game Notes:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/coas/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/release/release_20141209aaa.pdf

They have good game notes.

Looks like they have a lot of game experience on the OL. C, LT, LG have played 50+ games. RG and RT have played in 28-straight games.

BisonNation11
12-11-2014, 01:51 AM
I never played football but all I ever hear is "low man wins". Can someone explain to me why CC has their entire o-line in a stand up stance all the time? I'm assuming for pass pro purposes since they run a lot of quick passes, but that cannot be effective for running the ball. I watched two drives of theirs from the last game and I believe our d-line will OWN them. Slow off the ball and no push on runs. Their defense appears tiny as well.

westnodak93bison
12-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Moglia talks like he drank a dozen red bulls.

td577
12-11-2014, 02:43 AM
I never played football but all I ever hear is "low man wins". Can someone explain to me why CC has their entire o-line in a stand up stance all the time? I'm assuming for pass pro purposes since they run a lot of quick passes, but that cannot be effective for running the ball. I watched two drives of theirs from the last game and I believe our d-line will OWN them. Slow off the ball and no push on runs. Their defense appears tiny as well.

They run everything from the spread and when they run the ball it is a read option anyways, handing off or keeping based on the backside defender. Since the line is zone blocking, it is more about getting the defense to move rather than moving the defense. Defenders not in specified zones are ignored anyways and it isn't about moving bodies but rather just keeping them occupied if they are in a zone, being upright gives them a much better picture of their zone. Since you ignore defenders not in the running zone, blockers pull into the zone to help, so you don't need to worry so much about leverage. Defenses start getting into trouble when they start trying to guess what side the play is going and start cheating to overload the zone. The Bison have gotten pretty good at spread option defense because they have gotten better at open field tackling. For example, that picture where CW is hurdling a guy was a read option play. The entire play is about getting your guy in open space where a defender has to work one on one. The defender took a bad angle and CW hurdled him and got a few more yards. If the defender put his helmet on the ball, and not this leading with your helmet stuff, I mean actually putting his helmet on the ball and wrapping him up, that play doesn't happen. Our defense used to get burned like that 5 years ago. Also our LBers do a good job of not letting defenders touch them. They move the zone by funneling the play back into the middle. Then you have guys like KE who just blow it up at the exchange point. Lastly, the other thing we do well is punish the QB on every play so they want to hand off. It isn't such an effective offense if it isn't a read anymore.

CAS4127
12-11-2014, 02:49 AM
They run everything from the spread and when they run the ball it is a read option anyways, handing off or keeping based on the backside defender. Since the line is zone blocking, it is more about getting the defense to move rather than moving the defense. Defenders not in specified zones are ignored anyways and it isn't about moving bodies but rather just keeping them occupied if they are in a zone, being upright gives them a much better picture of their zone. Since you ignore defenders not in the running zone, blockers pull into the zone to help, so you don't need to worry so much about leverage. Defenses start getting into trouble when they start trying to guess what side the play is going and start cheating to overload the zone. The Bison have gotten pretty good at spread option defense because they have gotten better at open field tackling. For example, that picture where CW is hurdling a guy was a read option play. The entire play is about getting your guy in open space where a defender has to work one on one. The defender took a bad angle and CW hurdled him and got a few more yards. If the defender put his helmet on the ball, and not this leading with your helmet stuff, I mean actually putting his helmet on the ball and wrapping him up, that play doesn't happen. Our defense used to get burned like that 5 years ago. Also our LBers do a good job of not letting defenders touch them. They move the zone by funneling the play back into the middle. Then you have guys like KE who just blow it up at the exchange point. Lastly, the other thing we do well is punish the QB on every play so they want to hand off. It isn't such an effective offense if it isn't a read anymore.

Sorry TD, but if defender took bad angle on CW, CW wouldn't have had to hurdle him--he was right there. Slow down a bit.

BisonHorns
12-11-2014, 02:57 AM
At the 16 minute mark in the presser video the player says, "they had there way with us." Does that quote make anyone else feel uncomfortable?

1998braves64
12-11-2014, 04:26 AM
So I wonder how many CCU fans will be in their carhartts for the tailgating. They might be rather surprised to find it 60 degrees warmer this year at beginning of kickoff, and still be cold! Heck have any CCU fans even seen a 60 degree swing? :biggrin:

StL Bison Fan
12-11-2014, 04:36 AM
So I wonder how many CCU fans will be in their carhartts for the tailgating. They might be rather surprised to find it 60 degrees warmer this year at beginning of kickoff, and still be cold! Heck have any CCU fans even seen a 60 degree swing? :biggrin:

You talking score or temperature?

ndsubison1
12-11-2014, 05:29 AM

lol. I like him. He seems real and knows what he is talking about and really gives his thoughts.

tjbison
12-11-2014, 05:33 AM
37-10

thats my score, if we can run for 6.2 YPC bigger score

NDSU walks away in a typical OOC game

ndsubison1
12-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Im glad Taliaferro or however you spell it is gone. Dude had a few nice games for the Ravens.

tjbison
12-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Im glad Taliaferro or however you spell it is gone. Dude had a few nice games for the Ravens.

Agreed, but I still think they have not seen a team like any FCS "power conference" SDSU would roll CCU IMO

BisoninNWMN
12-11-2014, 12:41 PM
37-10

thats my score, if we can run for 6.2 YPC bigger score

NDSU walks away in a typical OOC game

This here.

After watching some of CC's games, there is nothing telling me that their defense is going to stop the Bison run game. They are small and run a pass happy 4-2-5.

We blow these guys away like last year.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Lol @ 4-2-5. That's the type of defense you run in madden or ncaa when you start a dynasty thinking you'll be some sort of defensive blitzing guru genius running a defense nobody has ever prepared for.

KilldeerBison
12-11-2014, 01:05 PM
He is a "motivational speaker", I think "charge" would be one word that best describes his personality.

Mayville Bison
12-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Coastal Presser...

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121014aaa.html

"Coastal will switch from natural grass to artificial turf for the 2015 season. The Chants will join the likes of Boise State, Eastern Washington and Central Arkansas by having a TEAL TURF." :facepalm:

EDIT - quoted the wrong post - too lazy to fix it. :facepalm: for me I guess

THEsocalledfan
12-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Here's something I just thought of:

Years ago, we used to argue on this board if NDSU should set Saturday football game times to facilitate TV coverage. Some felt it was important, while others felt it affected tailgating too much.

So, anyone upset with an 11 AM start to facilitate ESPN? I am certainly not, but just curious if folks still felt that way? Granted, we were talking FSN North at the time, not ESPN......

BisonNation11
12-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Not at all upset. Just means we eat breakfast for breakfast and breakfast for tailgating food. Drink of choice will be Morgan and OJ with a splash of 7Up (for da bubbles). I will share a shot of Ice Hole with Tranny's lady because I can and will be more than pumped come 11 am. Plus I'll have time for a nap or watching football before the basketball game.

StL Bison Fan
12-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Not at all upset. Just means we eat breakfast for breakfast and breakfast for tailgating food. Drink of choice will be Morgan and OJ with a splash of 7Up (for da bubbles). I will share a shot of Ice Hole with Tranny's lady because I can and will be more than pumped come 11 am. Plus I'll have time for a nap or watching football before the basketball game.
We tailgated at 5am in Iowa. We can do it Saturday. Mimosas and bloody Mary's. Omelets.
Ok by me. Basketball later that night. Full day of being a Bison.

NDSUstudent
12-11-2014, 06:17 PM
I guess if we win the game this weekend a Friday night game is very likely....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4mKZZQCQAAvWcC.jpg

aces1180
12-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I guess if we win the game this weekend a Friday night game is very likely....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4mKZZQCQAAvWcC.jpg

Not necessarily...According to something I read, the visitors are required to access to the facility the day before the game, so it could still be a Saturday game with the walkthrough on Friday.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Not necessarily...According to something I read, the visitors are required to access to the facility the day before the game, so it could still be a Saturday game with the walkthrough on Friday.
1 piddly little walk through isn't going to matter.

BisonNation11
12-11-2014, 06:28 PM
I read somewhere that no matter what, if the Bison win, commencement will be changed. Whether for a game Friday night or the walk through for the other team.

NDSUstudent
12-11-2014, 06:30 PM
I just really want some Friday Night Lights.....Nothing beats a Friday night tailgate. It is a thing of beauty, the GSU 2012 tailgate is still the best ever. Also the atmosphere in the dome was the best ever.

gumby013
12-11-2014, 06:37 PM
It's creepy internet flight stalking time!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8655/history/20141212/0100Z/KMYR/KFAR

Late flight...

aces1180
12-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I just really want some Friday Night Lights.....Nothing beats a Friday night tailgate. It is a thing of beauty, the GSU 2012 tailgate is still the best ever. Also the atmosphere in the dome was the best ever.

I want it because that game is on ESPN2, while the Saturday game is ESPNU.

Plus, I get to leave work early to drive down there. :nod:

THEsocalledfan
12-11-2014, 06:39 PM

Late flight...

The only travel hobby cooler than travel hacking is internet flight stalking. Let's do this.

Bison Loaf
12-11-2014, 06:40 PM

Agreed! ^^^^^

Not saying I'd like Friday night games all the time, or even on a semi-regular basis......but I sure as heck loved the last two years!

It's the same with this week's 11 am game to accommodate national TV. I have no problem with it. Of course, I'd be lying if I said I'd be happy with ALL games at 11 am. But I do like the fact that it gets mixxed up a little bit for the playoffs. Keeps everything a little fresher around here!

THEsocalledfan
12-11-2014, 06:41 PM

This; best tailgate ever. Best was when good friend showed up without telling us he was coming and was not quite as cold as the New Hampshire tailgate last year.

StL Bison Fan
12-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Love the night games and the night tailgate. Christmas lights ( do you know how hard it is to find yellow?!) and
All the music. I did read an article about graduation being moved. If I remember, I'll post the link.

daddy daycare
12-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Sorry. Coming from 2.5 hours away I can't stand Friday night games.

BlueBisonRock
12-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Sorry. Coming from 2.5 hours away I can't stand Friday night games.

Coming from 5+ hours away, I just leave a lot earlier on Friday. However, the traditionalist in me still prefers the Saturday games.

Either way, I just want to be at a Bison game next weekend also.

Bison03
12-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Last year our group didn't start tailgating until about 7 when the sun was up. This year we are not holding back and will be there bright and early at 5:30. I can't wait. Drinking before the sun comes up will be strange. I guess if you put yourself in the mindset that you are just at a late after party then you should be fine. I'm guessing mimosas, bloody marys, ceasars, and other breakfast related drinks and shots will be the drinks of choice. I've seen lots of shots with bacon that look interresting and awesome!!

Wally
12-11-2014, 09:24 PM

Best tailgate. Best game.

JDZ
12-11-2014, 09:33 PM
I was just going to point out that statistic-wise, CCU's defense has improved a fair amount over last year. Some will likely make the argument that their strength of schedule is down.

Here, I compared CCU at this point in 2013 to CCU right now. I've listed the category, then 2013's rank and stat, then 2014's rank and stat.

Stat, CCU 2013, CCU 2014

Total Defense, 99 - 447, 58 - 381

Scoring Defense, 76 - 29.2, 10 - 18.1

Rushing Defense, 99 - 204, 54 - 167

Passing Defense, 94 - 243, 63 - 214

First Downs Defense - 23.5, 20.2

3rd Down Defense, 96 - .433, 36 - .355

NachZ
12-11-2014, 09:39 PM
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/article_d344b3e0-8074-11e4-937c-63b4cd105aa9.html

I enjoy reading some pregame predictions and other people's opinions but C'MON man Fargo N.C? His story was nul to me after that

BisoninNWMN
12-11-2014, 10:56 PM
I was just going to point out that statistic-wise, CCU's defense has improved a fair amount over last year. Some will likely make the argument that their strength of schedule is down.

Here, I compared CCU at this point in 2013 to CCU right now. I've listed the category, then 2013's rank and stat, then 2014's rank and stat.

Stat, CCU 2013, CCU 2014

Total Defense, 99 - 447, 58 - 381

Scoring Defense, 76 - 29.2, 10 - 18.1

Rushing Defense, 99 - 204, 54 - 167

Passing Defense, 94 - 243, 63 - 214

First Downs Defense - 23.5, 20.2

3rd Down Defense, 96 - .433, 36 - .355

Done against:

Citadel
NC A & T
South Carolina State
Florida A & M
Elon
Furman
Presbyterian
Charleston Southern
Gardner Webb
Charlotte
Monmouth
Liberty

Now there is a gauntlet that really proves those defensive stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. The Citadel, an option team, ran for 358 yards against them. The Bison ran for 424 last year. Will the Bison run for 424 again?

Maybe, we'll see but our O-line should be able to open some holes in that small D-line.

EndZoneQB
12-11-2014, 10:58 PM
I hope it's a Friday night game, if we get one. We need reserved spots and then we are getting a heated tent and a guest DJ from the cities to come play for us.

JDZ
12-11-2014, 11:01 PM
I hope it's a Friday night game, if we get one. We need reserved spots and then we are getting a heated tent and a guest DJ from the cities to come play for us.
Uh, I'm pretty sure it is at 11 am Saturday.

BisoninNWMN
12-11-2014, 11:02 PM
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/article_d344b3e0-8074-11e4-937c-63b4cd105aa9.html

I enjoy reading some pregame predictions and other people's opinions but C'MON man Fargo N.C? His story was nul to me after that

The last sentence is really interesting. What has transpired here in Fargo? That a conference foe that knows us pretty well took us to the end of the game? Or, UNI that has a very good defense, played their best game in over 3 years and beat us?

CC will have no answer for the Bison power running game. The Bison might not run for 424 like last year, but there is no way in hell that undersized D-line is going to overpower our O-line.

Bison roll these chickens.

BYZEN
12-11-2014, 11:11 PM
I just can't imagine the butt hurt going on over in chicken land after their trolls have been reading this thread anticipating when we will play next week. I don't want you boys to count your chickens before they hatch:rofl:

StL Bison Fan
12-11-2014, 11:13 PM
I just can't imagine the butt hurt going on over in chicken land after their trolls have been reading this thread anticipating when we will play next week. I don't want you boys to count your chickens before they hatch:rofl:

I see what you did there

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Have we had a stalking post yet?

EndZoneQB
12-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Uh, I'm pretty sure it is at 11 am Saturday.

Uh, pretty sure you need to go play in traffic.

I'm not the fucking team, chill out.

gumby013
12-12-2014, 12:10 AM

Late flight...

Yes........

JDZ
12-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Uh, pretty sure you need to go play in traffic.

I'm not the fucking team, chill out.
10 characters

EndZoneQB
12-12-2014, 12:22 AM
10 characters

Sorry, I took that as you being a dick to me because I talked about next week.

http://sadmoment.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Ron-Burgandy-The-News-Crew-Discuss-The-Deadly-Rumble-That-Just-Took-Place-Tells-Brick-To-Find-a-Safehouse-As-Hes-Probably-Wanted-For-Murder.gif

Bisonguy
12-12-2014, 12:31 AM

We know what to do. :innocent:

JDZ
12-12-2014, 12:33 AM
No worries. We're all excited. I guess I still haven't got used to how fast we switch subjects on this forum.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Yes........

They're late.

Maybe they took my advice and didn't get on the plane?

gumby013
12-12-2014, 12:38 AM
They're late.

They live in a vacation town. Like anything is on time.

gumby013
12-12-2014, 12:40 AM
They're late.

Maybe they took my advice and didn't get on the plane?

They just took off.

BisonNeil
12-12-2014, 12:41 AM
but there is no way in hell that undersized D-line is going to overpower our O-line.

They didn't overpower Richmond's OL, they just had great gap control.

I don't understand how everyone thinks the Bison OL is so over powering because they aren't. Riley has this line playing more finesse than power which is what I was afraid of when he moved over to coach the OL. He is teaching too much Big Fluffy style OL play for my taste.

We have seen a lot less power this year than in the past few years. Some of that may be due to the lack of a really dominate FB but I also think the line play is really struggling without the physicality of Gimmestad and Johnson at the OG positions. Kelly is not an overpowering OG and neither is Schueller. Kuhnert is coming on but he can't do it alone. So, I personally don't think CC size on the DL has much to do with how they may be able to slow the Bison rushing attack.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 12:41 AM
They just took off.

Must have taken some convincing.

FFBison
12-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Ha! If Wentz eats a large meal on Friday night, he'll likely weigh in heavier than half of the CCU defensive line.

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Do they get to stay where they want to stay? How do they know which hotel to stay in?

ZHerd
12-12-2014, 01:26 AM
They didn't overpower Richmond's OL, they just had great gap control.

I don't understand how everyone thinks the Bison OL is so over powering because they aren't. Riley has this line playing more finesse than power which is what I was afraid of when he moved over to coach the OL. He is teaching too much Big Fluffy style OL play for my taste.

We have seen a lot less power this year than in the past few years. Some of that may be due to the lack of a really dominate FB but I also think the line play is really struggling without the physicality of Gimmestad and Johnson at the OG positions. Kelly is not an overpowering OG and neither is Schueller. Kuhnert is coming on but he can't do it alone. So, I personally don't think CC size on the DL has much to do with how they may be able to slow the Bison rushing attack.

Yep. Our own D-line during this run has not exactly been huge. They are good athletes who are assignment sound. As for our o-line...the pass protection has been pretty good but overall....there is a reason they were backups to our former crew. I guess growing pains are to be expected. Hopefully we will see more dominating, nastier play from them next year, and, even more importantly, in these playoffs

tjbison
12-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Seems odd they are coming today doesn't it

I think all teams stay at the Radisson downtown

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Seems odd they are coming today doesn't it

I think all teams stay at the Radisson downtown

Gets them a full day to acclimate to everything because the game is so early on Saturday.

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Gets them a full day to acclimate to everything because the game is so early on Saturday.

And you know how it screws up your game when you travel and it's cold.

gumby013
12-12-2014, 01:48 AM
And you know how it screws up your game when you travel and it's cold.

It's probably loud on the plane too.

JDZ
12-12-2014, 03:14 AM
It's probably loud on the plane too.
Yeah. They're practicing too. QBs and RBs by the window. Offensive lineman in the aisle seats. D linemen on the other side of the aisle and linebackers by the other windows.

yopaulie
12-12-2014, 05:54 AM
I watched both the Coastal Carolina/Richmond game and the ISU/UNI games this week. My impression is that CCU will not be able to compete with us, while ISU is absolutely the real deal.

CCU is quick (southern quick?), both with receivers and their defense. But I absolutely do not see them being able to run against us, or being able to stop our run game past the first quarter. They blitz a lot, which if we game plan correctly, we should be able have some very big plays throughout the game. Good LB in Backus. I can see their offense having some success with quick passing and QB runs, but just can't see much of a consistent offensive performance. Ross was very inconsistent at QB against Richmond, and will need to have a career game against NDSU. Richmond looked big, but very slow, and they were absolutely terrible tacklers. Surprising for the 3rd best CAA team. I did like CCU's play calling on offense. I think Moglia will put together a smart game plan on paper against us, but won't have the team to carry it out.

On a separate note, I really think the ISU/EWU winner is a shoe-in for Frisco. And after seeing Richmond play, I question how good Nova may be. I think SDSU may turn out to have been the toughest opposing team on our side of the bracket.

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2014, 12:53 PM
I think SDSU may turn out to have been the toughest opposing team on our side of the bracket.

While we still don't know for sure, I think most knowledgeable posters agree with this statement.

NachZ
12-12-2014, 01:24 PM
The last sentence is really interesting. What has transpired here in Fargo? That a conference foe that knows us pretty well took us to the end of the game? Or, UNI that has a very good defense, played their best game in over 3 years and beat us?

CC will have no answer for the Bison power running game. The Bison might not run for 424 like last year, but there is no way in hell that undersized D-line is going to overpower our O-line.

Bison roll these chickens.

That last sentence stood out to me as well... The RB who was 11 yards short of the FCS RECORD came into the Fargodome and performed? What?!? It took some wrinkles like the late misdirection but Stig put together a very well coached game and had his team ready. Also not to beat a dead horse, starting drives on the 10 and being carried by the stripes down the field on another drive don't really impress me all that much. I don't understand the shock and awe effect that has the nation captivated that we are vulnerable.

My biggest questions going into this game for the Bison, Will Wentz be able to pass into the 4-2-5 defense and allow our run game to open up (more). We will be able to run on these guys given their size and their defensive scheme, but if you can't pass the ball and you're able to pull down another defender into the box... will we be able to create something out of it? Will we see more of the 3 back set that has been MIA for a few weeks now? Will Frazier be a factor?

HerdBot
12-12-2014, 01:31 PM
That last sentence stood out to me as well... The RB who was 11 yards short of the FCS RECORD came into the Fargodome and performed? What?!? It took some wrinkles like the late misdirection but Stig put together a very well coached game and had his team ready. Also not to beat a dead horse, starting drives on the 10 and being carried by the stripes down the field on another drive don't really impress me all that much. I don't understand the shock and awe effect that has the nation captivated that we are vulnerable.

My biggest questions going into this game for the Bison, Will Wentz be able to pass into the 4-2-5 defense and allow our run game to open up (more). We will be able to run on these guys given their size and their defensive scheme, but if you can't pass the ball and you're able to pull down another defender into the box... will we be able to create something out of it? Will we see more of the 3 back set that has been MIA for a few weeks now? Will Frazier be a factor?

Looking at the size of their front 7, Wentz shouldn't have to pass much at all. I would flat out run a 2 TE set most of the game and just run the ball down their throats. Not a good matchup for CC. We ran for 424 yards last year and 8 yards carry

BisonNation11
12-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Looking at the size of their front 7, Wentz shouldn't have to pass much at all. I would flat out run a 2 TE set most of the game and just run the ball down their throats

This was my thoughts as well. Not based off their size (although that's an advantage for us) but based off of the personnel on the field and their tendencies. Carson should get a good idea when/if they will blitz and running the 2 TE set will give us the ability to run or pass at will. Let's play our game and not fall into playing theirs.

SDbison
12-12-2014, 01:51 PM
While we still don't know for sure, I think most knowledgeable posters agree with this statement. Socalled, you being a fan and all I would expect your support for SDSU.

17>1
12-12-2014, 02:01 PM
While we still don't know for sure, I think most knowledgeable posters agree with this statement.

Frankly, Bisonville this week has been a pretty fun place to hang out in my free time and I think it's because of the lack of tension in the air. I can speak for myself, that while I was confident the Bison would find a way to win that game Saturday, I was pretty nervous because of who we were playing. Not taking anything away from CC, but I'm not experiencing quite the same kind of anxiety as last week. Maybe that's why a pom pom thread takes off like it has?

Professor Chaos
12-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Perhaps a big day for Kyle Emmanuel is in store? Here's a quote from CCU's OC:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/11/4664357/ndsus-emanuel-and-ccus-hamilton.html

"I mean [CCU left tackle] Chad [Hamilton] is as good as anybody in the country so we’ll see,” he said. “We’ll put him out there one-on-one [against Emmanuel] and see what happens. We’ll have the ability to double him and chip him and slide to him and get a tight end on him, get a back on him if we need to. But I think Chad will more than hold his own."

My guess is it won't take long for him to figure out that they'll need to do some doubling, chipping, and protection sliding or it'll be a long day for their "All-American" LT.

BisonNation11
12-12-2014, 02:19 PM

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/11/4664357/ndsus-emanuel-and-ccus-hamilton.html

My guess is it won't take long for him to figure out that they'll need to do some doubling, chipping, and protection sliding or it'll be a long day for their "All-American" LT.

I read that this morning and had myself a good chuckle. Their LT is 6'3, 285. KE is 6'3, 255. On paper, I'm not seeing how the LT will have any success when guys 3-5" taller and 30-50 heavier haven't been able to. Best thing is, Kyle isn't a one trick pony and he's not just going all out all the time for a sack. He's a very knowledgeable defensive player who plays every aspect of the game at a high level. Fun to watch is right!

gumby013
12-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Something else I see in game footage is Coastal's guards and tackles are always in a two-point stance. That wold help explain their lack of push on run plays.

BisonNation11
12-12-2014, 02:27 PM
I asked someone about that earlier in the thread. Said they run a zone blocking scheme so being down and the "low man" isn't necessary to accomplish what they're trying to do. Seems odd to me to allow a defender about 2 yards worth of space to get a head of steam going whether it's a pass or run.

EC8CH
12-12-2014, 02:33 PM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/11/4664357_ndsus-emanuel-and-ccus-hamilton.html?rh=1

We’ll put him out there one-on-one [against Emmanuel] and see what happens

http://ironyandcoffee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/snl-so-freakin-excited.gif?w=424&h=238

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e7415140523139cc34b0fe8fce4031f6/tumblr_miwf1uBxgc1s5h9x0o1_500.gif

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1386197720/7310817.gif

http://www.gifday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jVk1C.gif

bruinbison
12-12-2014, 06:04 PM
This week's Sports Network
FCS Quarterfinal Playoff Preview and game score predictions.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_12_11_2014.htm

The Chants are liked better here than Las Vegas..........

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 06:06 PM
This week's Sports Network
FCS Quarterfinal Playoff Preview and game score predictions.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_12_11_2014.htm

The Chants are liked better here than Las Vegas..........

That was close to my estimation.

bruinbison
12-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Buck Buchanan finalists, including Kyle Emanuel, Colton Heagle
and Coastal Carolina's Quinn Backus. Interesting NFL projection,
will have to watch for him at NFL combines and see what that 40 is, after being a LB at this level.

Quinn Backus, LB, Coastal Carolina, Sr., 5-10, 215
*Finished seventh in the voting for the 2013 Buck Buchanan Award.
*Plays bigger than his size, taking down any and all ball carriers, and dropping back for smothering pass coverage.
*Named the Big South Conference Defensive Player of the Year after both his sophomore (2012) and junior (2013) seasons.
*His 144 tackles in 2013 eclipsed his single-season school record set one year earlier. Enters this senior season with 314 career tackles, including 172 solos.
*Scored off a blocked punt and an interception return in 2013. Finished with 127 interception return yards, which ranks second in Big South history.
*Projected as a strong safety for the pro level.
*Hometown: Greenwood, South Carolina

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/specialevents/fcsawards/2014/buchanan.aspx#Backus

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 06:30 PM

It's like Christmas came early this year.

I give it about 1 drive before not only are they double teaming him but they are bringing in extra tight ends and the RB in.

NachZ
12-12-2014, 06:33 PM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/10/4661403_has-myrtle-beach-area-fan-support.html?rh=1

Another decent read.... even better is the banter going on over at the coastal message board about the fans being nothing special blah blah blah

"Instead, this Saturday CCU plays North Dakota State in the Fargo Dome — where they will be greeted by a fan base the envy even of large schools."

gumby013
12-12-2014, 07:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXzaBcb4rwU

BisoninNWMN
12-12-2014, 07:45 PM

Bison are going to roll these scrawny chickens!!

bisonp
12-12-2014, 08:03 PM
So in that video Matt Larsen says if we added 10,000 seats to the Fargodome we'd have 10,000 more season ticket holders.

Maybe the wrong place to ask this, but is the list really that long? I knew there was high demand but that surprises me.

SafeTeeJ
12-12-2014, 08:06 PM

Did those guys look sleepy to you? Oh yeah that's right, they've been here done that before....no big deal, right?

gumby013
12-12-2014, 08:06 PM
So in that video Matt Larsen says if we added 10,000 seats to the Fargodome we'd have 10,000 more season ticket holders.

Maybe the wrong place to ask this, but is the list really that long? I knew there was high demand but that surprises me.

I think a lot of people have quit requesting extra tickets, since they know they can't get any.

KilldeerBison
12-12-2014, 08:38 PM
It's like Christmas came early this year.

I give it about 1 drive before not only are they double teaming him but they are bringing in extra tight ends and the RB in.

Remember a famous quote about Dick Butkus: I do not fear hell. I fear Butkus. Kyle might just put a little fear into these guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Remember a famous quote about Dick Butkus: I do not fear hell. I fear Butkus. Kyle might just put a little fear into these guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_menpibTM3q1qgxd2f.gif