PDA

View Full Version : Will the Playoff Games Be Blocked From Online Audio Streaming?

JDZ
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Last year the game audio was not streamed through apps such as the KFGO mobile app. Will that be the case this year, too? NDSU All Access does not appear to be an option on Android devices either.

coloradobison
12-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Heads up: Only web feed of NDSU radio broadcast this Saturday vs. SDSU is on http://GoBison.com ..Over the air only on network affiliates

https://twitter.com/NDSUbroadcast/status/540336405441150976

Flow 2-3-4-5
12-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the update - good info to know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scarecrow
12-05-2014, 05:48 PM
wiziwig.tv

This website will have the link to the espn3 feed. I don't have access to espn3 through their website so you have to go through a 3rd party streamer. I watched all games last week. Same quality you just have to fight your way through the first popups. Hope you have a mac or good antivirus. Tomorrow I'll post the actual link.

scarecrow
12-05-2014, 05:49 PM
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=295846&part=sports

Link isn't up yet to the correct channel. But this is where it will be.

JDZ
12-05-2014, 06:42 PM
So, how do I stream the audio to my Android phone? Not possible?

bisonaudit
12-05-2014, 06:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWOwVb2OtyY

Hammerhead
12-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Gotta love E$PN.

THEsocalledfan
12-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, I have to admit I am surprised any ISP's are still out there without ESPN3 access. Who are they? Post them here to properly shame them. It is horseshit that anyone with an ISP does not have ESPN3 access as it is really the norm.

bri-dog
12-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, I have to admit I am surprised any ISP's are still out there without ESPN3 access. Who are they? Post them here to properly shame them. It is horseshit that anyone with an ISP does not have ESPN3 access as it is really the norm.

My ISP: Centurylink

My TV: DirecTv

Neither works for ESPN3. (Luckily I have a friend with Comcast).

THEsocalledfan
12-05-2014, 07:51 PM

Anyone know the twitter handle for Centurylink? Let's flame these hosers....

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001945591/4246392090_hosers_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

stevdock
12-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Same here. It is really frustrating some days.

JDZ
12-05-2014, 07:59 PM
What does ESPN3 have to do with this thread?

THEsocalledfan
12-05-2014, 08:05 PM
What does ESPN3 have to do with this thread?

Because most folks have ESPN3 access if they have a decent ISP making the question asked moot. If you have a good ISP, you can even stream the video on your phone/tablet.

marenlee
12-05-2014, 08:12 PM

Actually most of them. The list that doesn't have ESPN3 is much much longer.

RockyMountainBison
12-05-2014, 08:22 PM

It has been a while since i've had an android phone but I imagine just through your browser should be able to start a stream. Try streaming an archived broadcast here:
http://www.gobison.com/watch/?Archive=222

My biggest concern has been recent weeks with the reliability of gobison.com. I've tried multiple devices with just nothing but dead air but the broadcast comes through perfectly on KFGO app. Oh the pains of not living in the radio network anymore.

THEsocalledfan
12-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Actually most of them. The list that doesn't have ESPN3 is much much longer.

If Cable One, the worst cable and ISP provider in the country as ESPN3, then anyone that does not have it should be ashamed that they are worse than Cable One. That simply is hard to do.

Again, shame them here. Share with me a Twitter handle, and I will gladly rip on them. Don't just sit and take this in the you know where like a UN_ fan......

JDZ
12-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Because most folks have ESPN3 access if they have a decent ISP making the question asked moot. If you have a good ISP, you can even stream the video on your phone/tablet.
If the original question was moot, I wouldn't have posted it.

My ISP is Verizon Wireless. That does not allow me to stream ESPN3 to my Ipad or phone, which I think is actually an ESPN restriction, not an ISP restriction. Plus, I wouldn't stream A/V over Verizon, anyway, because it would use a hellacious amount of my data allotment. I live outside of the radio network area and DSL internet is not available in my area.

Go Bison!

344Johnson
12-05-2014, 08:43 PM
If Cable One, the worst cable and ISP provider in the country as ESPN3, then anyone that does not have it should be ashamed that they are worse than Cable One. That simply is hard to do.

Again, shame them here. Share with me a Twitter handle, and I will gladly rip on them. Don't just sit and take this in the you know where like a UN_ fan......

@CenturyLink they have many different twitters for different departments and cities as well

JDZ
12-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Try streaming an archived broadcast here:
http://www.gobison.com/watch/?Archive=222

Thanks. It appears I can stream that.

My biggest concern has been recent weeks with the reliability of gobison.com. I've tried multiple devices with just nothing but dead air but the broadcast comes through perfectly on KFGO app. Oh the pains of not living in the radio network anymore.

I have the same concerns. Like I said, it did not work last year.

thundarsdaddy
12-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I just got off the phone with Midcontinent, our cable tv provider. I asked the man about ordering a pay-per-view event. Guy says sure...which one?
I said...its a FB game, on 2:30 tomorrow on channel 350 on our local....

He stops me and says..."Oh you want the Bison game"...I said exactly!

He goes..."You and everyone else"

Since Midco is based in Sioux Falls I found it cool that he called it "The Bison Game".

Nice thing is I can record TWO of the PPTV games they are featuring for Div 1 FB playoffs. So maybe the ISU-UNI game also?

THEsocalledfan
12-05-2014, 09:35 PM
If the original question was moot, I wouldn't have posted it.

My ISP is Verizon Wireless. That does not allow me to stream ESPN3 to my Ipad or phone, which I think is actually an ESPN restriction, not an ISP restriction. Plus, I wouldn't stream A/V over Verizon, anyway, because it would use a hellacious amount of my data allotment. I live outside of the radio network area and DSL internet is not available in my area.

Go Bison!

So, then rip on Verizon. Don't take this shit; rip on them. Further, you should be able to connect over wifi and stream, so really data is a non issue.

THEsocalledfan
12-05-2014, 09:42 PM
@CenturyLink they have many different twitters for different departments and cities as well

I have publicly ripped them as this is horseshit and they have to know it. Bisonvillers, start using Twitter. It is a powerful tool in making folks like CentruyLink hear you.

marenlee
12-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I just got off the phone with Midcontinent, our cable tv provider. I asked the man about ordering a pay-per-view event. Guy says sure...which one?
I said...its a FB game, on 2:30 tomorrow on channel 350 on our local....

He stops me and says..."Oh you want the Bison game"...I said exactly!

He goes..."You and everyone else"

Since Midco is based in Sioux Falls I found it cool that he called it "The Bison Game".

Nice thing is I can record TWO of the PPTV games they are featuring for Div 1 FB playoffs. So maybe the ISU-UNI game also?

I can record five at a time with my Directv DVR. :duel: Too bad there isn't five going on at the same time.

Bisonator98
12-05-2014, 11:00 PM
So, then rip on Verizon. Don't take this shit; rip on them. Further, you should be able to connect over wifi and stream, so really data is a non issue.

You need to redirect your anger towards ESPN. They refuse to allow people to stream directly from their site. They could easily have a way for people to buy directly from them but they refuse. They could also put these games on their alternate channels or sell the feeds to regional channels yet again they refuse. ESPN is the guilty party here not ISP's.

THEsocalledfan
12-05-2014, 11:05 PM
You need to redirect your anger towards ESPN. They refuse to allow people to stream directly from their site. They could easily have a way for people to buy directly from them but they refuse. They could also put these games on their alternate channels or sell the feeds to regional channels yet again they refuse. ESPN is the guilty party here not ISP's.
Yet other isp's carry it? And they paid the ncaa a ton....

StL Bison Fan
12-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Moore Liberty Griggs County (mlgc) or Moore Liberty phone in Enderlin does not have espn3.
We'd still be on dial up if the government didn't foot the upgrade.

JDZ
12-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Why would I rip Verizon? Like I said earlier, the fact I can't stream espn 3 is an espn problem. Verizon is the only Internet I can get.

And how the f would I stream over wifi? My only Internet is Verizon 4g on my phone and iPad. Wifi hot spot from my phone to my iPad or a computer? Data is still an issue.

EC8CH
12-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Anyone ever tried streaming audio from a game over gogo inflight WiFi? I'll be on a flight during the game and I'm curious if anyone has ever tried this before?

rosh
12-06-2014, 04:37 PM
ESPN is the culprit here. Corporate America only cares about money, and ESPN is part of this beast. No one cares about the students anymore. only money.

Bisonwinagn
12-06-2014, 04:45 PM
All games are on ESPN Gameplan as well if you want to watch on TV. This is the best investment I made to start the season.

SiouxFallsHerd
12-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Alliance communications in Brandon, SD et al does not have ESPN3 access despite them showing up as an available carrier.

Ndsu84
12-06-2014, 05:22 PM
How can I watch or listen to the game on iPad with no hookup? I do have wireless at the hotel.

Ndsu84
12-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Friend just said its on PPV. Channel 460

JDZ
12-06-2014, 07:51 PM
How can I watch or listen to the game on iPad with no hookup? I do have wireless at the hotel.
Gobison.com is working for me on my phone. The Bison Radio Network audio is free.

thebootfitter
12-15-2015, 05:17 PM
I haven't been able to stream audio from the KFGO app for playoff games again. Safe to assume whatever restrictions for streaming the radio feed for playoff games are still in place this year?

Has anyone tried GoBison.com this year for audio of playoff games? Does that still work?

I am going to be without TV access for at least some portions of the game on Friday, and I want to make sure I can still catch what's going on.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2015, 05:18 PM
I haven't been able to stream audio from the KFGO app for playoff games again. Safe to assume whatever restrictions for streaming the radio feed for playoff games are still in place this year?

Has anyone tried GoBison.com this year for audio of playoff games? Does that still work?

I am going to be without TV access for at least some portions of the game on Friday, and I want to make sure I can still catch what's going on.

Gobison works.

JDZ
12-15-2015, 05:46 PM
I also have found that gobison.com works. I don't know why KFGO cannot stream it. I streamed the ISU/Richmond game from the ISU radio network's flagship (only?) station.

kristind
12-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Same here. Gobison.com works nicely.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2015, 06:01 PM
I also have found that gobison.com works. I don't know why KFGO cannot stream it. I streamed the ISU/Richmond game from the ISU radio network's flagship (only?) station.

The last time I was listening to it on KFGO.com a couple years ago I heard the dulcet tones of a Jack Sunday recording saying it had something to do with the NCAA rules. Must be the institution is the only one with the broadcast rights over the internet.

Amazing we still have some of these archaic rules in 2015

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2015, 06:03 PM

If you internet a wifi/cell service, you could just watch on ESPN on computer/phone. If you don't have ESPN3 access, I am sure someone would be willing to share a logon with you.