PDA

View Full Version : Cabell finished for season

scottheck
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/140167

This changes the look of the roster...
For those who couldn't understand the leading rusher in NE history being moved to LB, your wish has been granted.

Bob_Holiday
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
With all the courage of a champion, Symeon Cabell actually ran with the ball one play after his injury. Get well, Mr. Cabell

Bob Holiday

tony
09-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Symeon Cabell is a warrior, no doubt about it. Hope he gets well soon and has a great senior year, but I hope I never see anything like that again. The play he got hurt on reminded of the one on which Pete Erickson from Kenmare (I think I'm getting that right) broke his collarbone back on Dacotah Field.

Steffes took some huge shots yesterday too - one of them reminded me of the time Jake Morris got a lung collapsed. These are some tough, tough guys.

RedRiver
09-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Definetly not a good situation at runningback. Hopefully Steffes can continue to carry a full load with some relief from the true freshman.

MinotBison
09-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear about his injury. I imagine that Blincoe is now going to get a few more carries?

Bison_Dan
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Will this year count or will he have 2 left?

Bisongold
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't see how any single running back can hold up to the punishment week after week at this level. Kyle is awesome but I am really worried about him with the number of reps he is getting. Tough on the body week after week!

mikelsch
09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Will this year count or will he have 2 left?

He could petition the NCAA for a medical hardship year. He already had a redshirt season. Otherwise he would only have 1 year remaining.

roadwarrior
09-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh how I wish Mark Moore was still in a Bison uniform this fall!

NorthernBison
09-18-2006, 10:39 PM
In each of the first two games I noticed that players got injured and stayed out for another play. Blincoe got dinged against CSP and stayed out and Cabell stayed out there for an additional play on Saturday night. In both cases they ended up getting the ball on the next play.

1. I don't think it is a good idea for a player to be too macho to come to the sideline when they are hurt. Aggravating and injury is worse than coming out of the game and there is also the potential to hurt the team if you can't deliver because of an injury.

2. If a coach or trainer sees a player is injured, do they send in a replacement or do they wait for the player to tap himself out?

I'm not trying to be negative here but, what's the deal? I think that Cabell should have come out of the game right when he got hurt. Maybe the damage to his shoulder was already done on the initial play but why take the chance on hurting it worse or fumbling, etc? I understand that players want to play and I can even see where they might disregard their own health. In the case of a running back or an OL, what happens if they miss a block or a blitz pickup because they are hurt and the QB gets killed?

roadwarrior
09-18-2006, 10:47 PM
I agree with you Northern. Besides that, couldn't one of the coaches see that he was hurt? Especially the ones up in the press box? My friend and I noticed as soon as he stood up from the play in which he got hurt, something was wrong.

sambini
09-18-2006, 11:38 PM
What happened to Mark Moore?

roadwarrior
09-19-2006, 12:02 AM
He enrolled somewhere else this year.

DIBISON
09-19-2006, 12:24 AM
First Washington and now Cabell. These injuries not only hurt the depth but the playmaking ability of the Bison. Both of these players were of the "explosive" type.

MinotBison
09-19-2006, 12:35 AM
I guess they will now have to hand off to Roehl or Jangula and let them run over some people. Or maybe a little pass to one of those two coming out of the backfield.

Scooter
09-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Good luck to Brower this year at TB. Study hard cause we need you.

Get well soon Cabell. See you next year. :'(

ktcdet
09-19-2006, 05:25 PM
In reply to the post about Cabell coming out of the game, a lot of coaches insist that players do NOT take themselves out of games unless something is terribly wrong. Many times a player does not know the extent of an injury until later. There may be a lot of initial pain that one hopes will subside quickly. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

tony
09-20-2006, 04:17 AM
All I know is Symeon Cabell not only has some outstanding skills, but he is also one tough guy. I can't fault Symeon one bit for getting up and staying in - there's a lot of adrenaline out there and, while breaking a collarbone hurts, on my own personal pain scale it's down by "ankle sprain" (two full levels below DIY dentistry). There was a lot of pain being dished out on that field. *

BTW, I think DI gives you 5 years to play 4 seasons - going to be hard to get a redshirt out of this, besides, I think it's preferable for most people to graduate with the people you come in with. Oh yeah, for what it's worth, none of the radio broadcast guys noticed the injury. Cabell got up quickly - you could tell he was in some pain when he got into his set, but I don't think it was possible to tell he was injured.

I hope the break is a simple one and that he heals up fully and doesn't have too much trouble doing class work and hauling books around. Get well soon, Symeon!

NorthernBison
09-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Tony, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was, in any way, criticizing a player for wanting to stay out on the field. I wasn't. On the other hand, I don't really care whether the "radio guys" saw anything. I saw it right away and so did the guy sitting behind me. As it turns out, we were right. He did suffer a pretty severe injury.

I only asked the question about getting dinged players out because I continue to have some concern in this area about the potential for future injury or, even worse, the potential for an injured player to miss an assignment and get somebody like Steve or Kyle hurt.

So, I guess the answer I am getting is that unless the player stays down, the coaches want him to stay in the game as long as he is breathing. That might be too sarcastic a comment but I'm still a little uncomfortable that guys end up staying out when they aren't really ready to go and they end up getting the ball handed to them. At the very least it could be a drive stopper. Worst case it results in another injury or a turnover that costs the team a game.

imabison
09-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Tony, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was, in any way, criticizing a player for wanting to stay out on the field. *I wasn't. *On the other hand, I don't really care whether the "radio guys" saw anything. *I saw it right away and so did the guy sitting behind me. *As it turns out, we were right. *He did suffer a pretty severe injury. * *

I only asked the question about getting dinged players out because I continue to have some concern in this area about the potential for future injury or, even worse, the potential for an injured player to miss an assignment and get somebody like Steve or Kyle hurt.

So, I guess the answer I am getting is that unless the player stays down, the coaches want him to stay in the game as long as he is breathing. *That might be too sarcastic a comment but I'm still a little uncomfortable that guys end up staying out when they aren't really ready to go and they end up getting the ball handed to them. *At the very least it could be a drive stopper. *Worst case it results in another injury or a turnover that costs the team a game. *

I was at the game, and I know that Steve Walker turned and said something to Cabell prior to the play when he came out. He may have asked him if he was ok to go, or to just check off the play to him.

Bison13
09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Players have the ability to take themselves out of the game if they feel necessary