PDA

View Full Version : Fargodome DISadvantage?

mebison
09-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I've always been curious...does the Dome put the Bison at a disadvantage when they have to play on the road in the weather? (i.e. maybe this weekend in Muncie?) Do they get enough practice in rain/mud/wind so that it isn't like their learning a new sport during the game itself?

Just wondering.

IowaBison
09-20-2006, 02:19 PM
they practice outside.

the Bison get as much exposure to the weather as any football team in america

Herd_Mentality
09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
True, this is one thing that I don't think a lot of people understand. The Bison spend as much time on the FFD turf during a game week as does the visiting team.

mebison
09-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I knew that, but they do spend less GAME time on the dirt than a team that plays outside at home. I didn't know if that made a difference, but I guess practice gives you plenty of feel. People talk about how much the dome turf is crappy, so I would assume its a bit of a different game inside versus outside (not to mention passing in the wind, etc). No one's ever accused me of being an athlete, so I wouldn't know ;)

Till
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
You also have to remember that when we have played in the heat of Louisiana the last couple years our team often came off as better conditioned for the elements when it was all said and done.

TheBisonator
09-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I know that often times in previous seasons, when the weather forecast came in the week before a road game that the weather was predicted to be crappy that Saturday, it would also often times be crappy in Fargo too. So then the team would then have all their practices that week outside on the practice fields in the crappy Fargo weather.

sambini
09-21-2006, 03:05 AM
They get it done no matter what the weather is .+++++++++++