PDA

View Full Version : twins world series

stpaulbison
09-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I just read on the forum in the bison zone that if the twins get to the world series they would have a home game October 21st. This post says that it is in the works to move the Minnesota/NDSU game to Fargo! Don't think a sellout crowd would be a problem for this game.

markerman
09-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I just read on the forum in the bison zone that if the twins get to the world series they would have a home game October 21st. *This post says that it is in the works to move the Minnesota/NDSU game to Fargo! *Don't think a sellout crowd would be a problem for this game.

That is completely false. If the Twins get into the World Series, the MN/NDSU game will be moved to Friday, October 20th at the Dome (which would really throw a wrench into a lot of peoples plans for this game, no doubt).

stpaulbison
09-21-2006, 01:07 PM
well thanks for the correction. i wasn't really sure, it seemed a little far fetched when i read it. just wanted to see what i could find about it. thanks.

lakesbison
09-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Close this thread!!

Sid was just on WCCO and said 50,000 tickets are SOLD for NDSU Game... so I highly doubt they would goto a 21,000 seat arena.

*CLOSED*

virgfoss
09-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Remember a few years ago when Minnesota was leading Michigan 28-7 in the 4th quarter at the Metrodome and Meeechigan came back and won? That was a Friday game because of the Twins playoffs.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

tony
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Howdy, stpaulbison, are you going to make it to the game? Any feel for how the NDSU folks in the Cities are viewing this one? The few folks I know there are pretty excited.

Btw, 50,000 tickets sold? That's not too bad a number, I'm thinking.

stpaulbison
09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
from what some of my co-workers tell me is that they feel NDSU doesn't stand a chance and will get spanked. but i don't hear too much about it so it makes me think they aren't too worried about this game. i usually just smile and say we'll see. as much as i wanted to go to the game i made prior committments to head back to fargo and visit my girlfriend, drive to ellendale, north dakota and watch my brother play football for trinity bible college and then catch a concert saturday night.......but believe me, we probably had a 2 week long argument about this.

Mr._Bill
09-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Howdy, stpaulbison, are you going to make it to the game? Any feel for how the NDSU folks in the Cities are viewing this one? The few folks I know there are pretty excited.

Btw, 50,000 tickets sold? That's not too bad a number, I'm thinking.

In rummaging around the gopher.hole, I don't see much respect for NDSU. They have however noticed that NDSU Sagarin rating blows both Temple and Kent out of the water. If we want some respect, a win a Ball St. is necessary.

Still, not much love. 50K sold, that's great news.