PDA

View Full Version : NDSU preview in the Strib

tony
08-30-2006, 08:09 AM
http://www.startribune.com/513/story/643855.html

Nice write-up.

RedRiver
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
"And NDSU has attempted to differentiate itself from the Divison II schools in Minnesota and the Dakotas." I believe that is happening.

84grad
08-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I read the Trib on Sunday, August 27th when they printed quick previews of each game on the Gopher schedule. *They called the NDSU game a "dud", and the only positive they saw was the chance that the Gophers would wear throw-back uniforms that day. *Boy, I hope that this one stays close and is anything but a dud!!

BisonBacker
08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Our defense will be what either makes us or breaks us in that game. I don't think we are going to go in there and put a bunch of points on the board on their defense (hope I'm wrong) but our defense will have to play at the top of their game for us to even have a chance of keeping it close. Defense wins games!

bisonreader
08-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Our defense will be what either makes us or breaks us in that game. *I don't think we are going to go in there and put a bunch of points on the board on their defense (hope I'm wrong) but our defense will have to play at the top of their game for us to even have a chance of keeping it close. *Defense wins games!

NO... THE TEAM WINS GAMES!!!!

mikelsch
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Our defense will be what either makes us or breaks us in that game. *I don't think we are going to go in there and put a bunch of points on the board on their defense (hope I'm wrong) but our defense will have to play at the top of their game for us to even have a chance of keeping it close. *Defense wins games!

Ironically, it will be the defense that makes or breaks NDSU the entire season --- which is the opposite of last season. At least in preseason, it appears the offense will be the strength this year, and the defense has the questionmarks.

BisonBacker
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM

NO... THE TEAM WINS GAMES!!!!

The defense is part of the team. ;D ;D ;D

lakesbison
08-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Great article...

I implore ALL of you to email the Star Tribune, THANKING them.. then requesting that NDSU have a small paragraph or SECTION every Fri/Sat/Sun.

There is no reason why NDSU football scores should be in the LONG college football scoreboard on sunday's tribune.

WIth all the Twin City NDSU Alumni and what, 63% of ndsu students being Minnesota. I tried to explain that many of us minnesota kids grew up with our fathers reading the Tribune, sid hartman, etc.

IF they get enough emails, maybe they can have a NDSU section!!

Worth a try!:

jshelman@startribune.com
shartman@startribune.com
preusse@startribune.com

Thanks!!

WYOBISONMAN
08-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Great article...

I implore ALL of you to email the Star Tribune, THANKING them.. then requesting that NDSU have a small paragraph or SECTION every Fri/Sat/Sun.

There is no reason why NDSU football scores should be in the LONG college football scoreboard on sunday's tribune.

WIth all the Twin City NDSU Alumni and what, 63% of ndsu students being Minnesota. I tried to explain that many of us minnesota kids grew up with our fathers reading the Tribune, sid hartman, etc.

Worth a try!:

jshelman@startribune.com
shartman@startribune.com
preusse@startribune.com

Thanks!!

A good idea! I'll do it......

Scooter
08-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I read the Trib on Sunday, August 27th when they printed quick previews of each game on the Gopher schedule. *They called the NDSU game a "dud", and the only positive they saw was the chance that the Gophers would wear throw-back uniforms that day. *Boy, I hope that this one stays close and is anything but a dud!!

The press from a division IA town is going to call ANY IA vs. (team formerly known as IAA) a dud game. That's just the way it is.

MinotBison
08-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Great article...

Worth a try!:

jshelman@startribune.com
shartman@startribune.com
preusse@startribune.com

Thanks!!

A good idea! *I'll do it......

It would be fun if they got enough e-mails and had to say STOP sending any more of them!!!!

lakesbison
08-31-2006, 03:24 AM
ONLY 1 way to find out

send those EMAILS!!!

IowaBisonToo
08-31-2006, 02:04 PM
I LOVE this particular part of the column:

[Gene Taylor:] "Our fans are very good fans, they're very astute. They realize the level of competition is definitely higher. The players are bigger and faster and stronger. Before, you might see one or two of those guys on a [Division II] team, now you see a bunch of them."

Try and explain THIS to a Sioux fan. They would never believe it.

lakesbison
09-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Keep up those emails people!!!

scroll up.

I would really like to see a NDSU section *paragraph* on gamedays, results..

its a shame that this hasnt happened yet.

it States with 2 Division 1 schools it happens quite frequently... why cant NDSU be Minnesota's *(iowa state)* for example..