PDA

View Full Version : Who you hoping for, Jacks or Buy outs?

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Im rooting for Montana St.

Ive lost track of how many times NDSU's beaten SDSU in a row so it'd be nice to see some fresh blood here.

MSU probably used their buy out money to outbid SDSU for this particular moment just to earn themselves a trip to Fargo if they win. Funny how the world works.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 04:35 PM
I get more excited for playing "new" teams. Was hoping to see them in Fargo last year but they blew that opportunity.

IBleedYellow
11-23-2014, 04:38 PM
The Bobcats are who I want to see, but they will get ROLLED by the Rabbits next week. No contest.

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Im rooting for Montana St.

Ive lost track of how many times NDSU's beaten SDSU in a row so it'd be nice to see some fresh blood here.

MSU probably used their buy out money to outbid SDSU for this particular moment just to earn themselves a trip to Fargo if they win. Funny how the world works.

Agree. NDSU already swept the state of South Dakota. Might as well finish the rest of Montana.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

westnodak93bison
11-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Bring on The Short Tails. The can't buy this one out conversation would be epic

taper
11-23-2014, 04:45 PM
I would much rather play MSU, but with all the noise we MVFC fans made this and last year about the number of teams we get in, all 5 need to win their first game.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Bring on the Bobcowards.

EC8CH
11-23-2014, 04:48 PM
So is the first round game in Bozeman?

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 04:49 PM
So is the first round game in Bozeman?

Yep....It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hail bison
11-23-2014, 04:49 PM
MSU. SDSU bores me

HerdBot
11-23-2014, 04:51 PM
I would rather play Montana State just because I want some payback for the buyout game but they will get beaten by SDSU by 4 TD's.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Wonder if Montana State's starting QB will be back? If so they could go get into a high scoring game, he seems like a QB that could give SDSU some issues.

SDSU's defense is mediocre.

heffray
11-23-2014, 04:55 PM
As much as I'd rather play MSU, I think I've decided that I will root for all the Valley teams until they have to play us... UNI included...

CentennialBison
11-23-2014, 04:55 PM
SDSU will make Montana State look like a high school team.

Wally
11-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Bring on the kitties

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cat-touching-dog-on-the-nose.gif

BisonTeacher
11-23-2014, 05:02 PM
The choice is Not even close IMO. Karma is calling MSU.

MAKBison
11-23-2014, 05:05 PM
The choice is Not even close IMO. Karma is calling MSU.

agreed MSU but I dont think it will happen

HandoEX
11-23-2014, 05:06 PM
I want MSU. They're the team I'd like to watch get stomped by the Bison more than anyone besides EWU and UNI in the playoffs!

BisonTeacher
11-23-2014, 05:09 PM
agreed MSU but I dont think it will happen

The question was...who you hoping for. Not who do you think will win.

:biggrin:

EC8CH
11-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Karmacats... Please make it to Fargo.

MAKBison
11-23-2014, 05:12 PM
The question was...who you hoping for. Not who do you think will win.

:biggrin:

I kinda answered that and then gave a bit of a bonus. Kinda thinking i deserve extra credit verses the call out :biggrin:

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 05:12 PM
I want MSU. They're the team I'd like to watch get stomped by the Bison more than anyone besides EWU and UNN in the playoffs!
yea. Screw Northern Nebraska!

BadlandsBison
11-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Wanna play the bobkittens but they will probably get worked by jackzenners

bisonmike2
11-23-2014, 05:15 PM
MSU. Just so we can say we own the entire state of Montana.

DIBISON
11-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Doesn't matter to me, it will be one or the other, as the winner of that game will play the Bison.

HerdBoy
11-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Montana State. Jacks will probably kill them though.

Bison03
11-23-2014, 05:32 PM
I'll take the kitty cats. SDSU will not be intimidated by the dome. MSU has never played there. If we do play the Jacks, this senior class will have an opportunity to have a 6-0 record against them with a win.

semobison
11-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Montana State would be an easier game, so I hope they beat SDSU! I like our side of the bracket though, our toughest game until Frisco may very well be the Jacks!

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Montana State would be an easier game, so I hope they beat SDSU! I like our side of the bracket though, our toughest game until Frisco may very well be the Jacks!

Sounds familiar.

StL Bison Fan
11-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Signs would be epic for MSU. But could use old signs for SDSU.
So it's recycle or abuse. (Calm down izzy)

CaBisonFan
11-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Not wishing bad things for SDSU...but I'd like to see the Bison play Montana St.

thebigund
11-23-2014, 06:20 PM
I want to see what your d could do to MSUs qb. We beat him up and held them below 100 rushing yards. It could be a massacre in the FargoDome

56BISON73
11-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Montana State. Had a great time when we were there and their fans were nothing but friendly and classy before and after the game.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Zenner is going to run all over MSU, the Bobcats only hope is that their starting QB comes back and the Jacks defense can't stop him.

CaBisonFan
11-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Will ticket sales be affected by this...or will the tickets already be gone by the time we know who the opponent is?

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Will ticket sales be affected by this...or will the tickets already be gone by the time we know who the opponent is?

They will be long gone. Limited ticket sales start at 2 p.m. today on Gobison.com

BadlandsBison
11-23-2014, 06:37 PM
I want to see what your d could do to MSUs qb. We beat him up and held them below 100 rushing yards. It could be a massacre in the FargoDome
Must be nice to have a team to follow in the playoffs huh

BisonTeacher
11-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I kinda answered that and then gave a bit of a bonus. Kinda thinking i deserve extra credit verses the call out :biggrin:

Wasnt calling you out. You quoted me in disagreement. So i responded with the clarification.

56BISON73
11-23-2014, 06:42 PM
They will be long gone. Limited ticket sales start at 2 p.m. today on Gobison.com

Remember if you live in the FM area go to the FD to purchase your tickets. You will then avoid the service fees.

BisoninNWMN
11-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Montana State is a tough match up for the Jacks with their passing game and dual threat QB.

Montana State's defense is porous so it will be interesting how the Jacks running game goes.

thebigund
11-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Must be nice to have a team to follow in the playoffs huh

I'm cheering for EWU and ndsu because I want that game to happen bad.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 07:09 PM
The visitor seating moves down behind the visitor bench during the playoffs...is this the northern most section of the student section?

roadwarrior
11-23-2014, 07:11 PM
The visitor seating moves down behind the visitor bench during the playoffs...is this the northern most section of the student section?

Yes. Just the rows below the suite.

tony
11-23-2014, 07:14 PM
To keep my all-revenge bracket alive, Montana State has to win, but I just don't see it happening.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Yes.......

Looks like we've solved our student attendance for the playoff games then! Should we be fortunate enough to make it to the semi-finals, hoping the students will hang around for that game before going home. Friday night game there would help immensely. Need their support, but confident the dome will bump it up a notch now that the playoffs have arrived.

Bison Loaf
11-23-2014, 07:17 PM

Bison fans know why we want this game. Why don't you go ahead and go on record as to why YOU want to see this game.

NDSUBowler
Remember if you live in the FM area go to the FD to purchase your tickets. You will then avoid the service fees.
According to GoBison, its online only today.

Playoff tickets will go on sale Sunday, November 23rd at 2:00 p.m. and will be available at GoBison.com. Walkup sales and phone orders will begin at 8:00 a.m. Monday at the Bison Ticket Office located in the east lobby of the Fargodome.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/22/FB_1122142402.aspx

If I could have gone to the FD for tix I'm going to be PISSED as so far I've been stuck in a waiting room since 2.

THEsocalledfan
I so want to destroy the kitties....

THEsocalledfan
11-23-2014, 07:20 PM

Just curious, are you one of those "elite" UN_ fan types who route for NDSU because it is the "cool" thing to do? Or, are you more like us and despise the cow college and want to seen NDSU get destroyed by the Sky.....

THEsocalledfan
11-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Looks like we've solved our student attendance for the playoff games then! Should we be fortunate enough to make it to the semi-finals, hoping the students will hang around for that game before going home. Friday night game there would help immensely. Need their support, but confident the dome will bump it up a notch now that the playoffs have arrived.

I want to go on record and say there is NOTHING like those Friday night games. I've had such a good time at the semi's the last two years, and man, do I want national TV again!

344Johnson
11-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Just curious, are you one of those "elite" UN_ fan types who route for NDSU because it is the "cool" thing to do? Or, are you more like us and despise the cow college and want to seen NDSU get destroyed by the Sky.....

He did go to ndsu for a time I believe?

FFBison
11-23-2014, 07:26 PM
I want to go on record and say there is NOTHING like those Friday night games. I've had such a good time at the semi's the last two years, and man, do I want national TV again!

The Friday afternoon tailgates are just awesome too! In past years I've loved being able to sit back and watch the other games on Saturday knowing we've secured our spot in the next round. I know Bohl didn't necessarily like Friday night as its one less day to prepare and is maybe gets us out of our routine, but it would be great to have both Friday night games should we get that far.

ndsubison1
11-23-2014, 07:28 PM
I want Msu since we already played Sdsu. Plus I think Sdsu is better too

thebigund
11-23-2014, 07:28 PM

I always want to see NDSU loose. I appreciate the style of play and level of execution but that's where my appreciation ends. At the end of the day I want NDSU to loose, always.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
I always want to see NDSU loose. I appreciate the style of play and level of execution but that's where my appreciation ends. At the end of the day I want NDSU to loose, always.

We all like a loose NDSU team as well...thanks for the support. Must NOT have gone to school at NDSU as 344 suggests.

thebigund
11-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Bison fans know why we want this game. Why don't you go ahead and go on record as to why YOU want to see this game.

Because it will be intense as hell. It will also give NDSU the challenge through the air that you haven't had since you last played EWU.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 07:31 PM
The Friday afternoon tailgates are just awesome too! In past years I've loved being able to sit back and watch the other games on Saturday knowing we've secured our spot in the next round. I know Bohl didn't necessarily like Friday night as its one less day to prepare and is maybe gets us out of our routine, but it would be great to have both Friday night games should we get that far.

Without digging up the numbers from last season... I believe the Coastal game on ESPN had over a million viewers. Easily trouncing the ratings on any of our Friday night ESPN2 games.

Ndsu84
11-23-2014, 07:33 PM
I'd like to play the buy-out pussies but I want Missouri Valley to blow everyone away!

Jude3
11-23-2014, 07:45 PM
I want us to play the kitties. How satisfying would it be to pour on an absolute drubbing after they bought out a game against us?! Also, it would once again show our domination in all of the states of Montana, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, and Kansas. Hopefully next year we could add Iowa to the list.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 07:45 PM
I'd like to play the buy-out pussies but I want Missouri Valley to blow everyone away!

This is the truth...its probably best for the conference and NDSU if we end up playing the bunnies, but personally I'd rather face Montana St. I know everyone wants revenge against UNI, but I'm just fine with them on the other side of the bracket. I like where we're sitting with this #2 seed. Maybe some added motivation with UNH ahead of us. But...you know darn well Vegas wouldn't favor UNH. In any event, its best if all the MVFC teams win at least one game.

StL Bison Fan
11-23-2014, 07:46 PM
I believe in the GA Southern Karma rule.
The end...

Bison Loaf
11-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Because it will be intense as hell. It will also give NDSU the challenge through the air that you haven't had since you last played EWU.

So just to be clear, you believe EWU in 2010 was more of a "challenge through the air" than K-State last year.

Kingslayer
11-23-2014, 08:14 PM
I want the kitties!!!

thebigund
11-23-2014, 08:15 PM
So just to be clear, you believe EWU in 2010 was more of a "challenge through the air" than K-State last year.

Without a doubt. They only had one good wr. He's very good but EWU has multiple guys that are legit.

BadlandsBison
11-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Without a doubt. They only had one good wr. He's very good but EWU has multiple guys that are legit.
Whatever you say, Beavis. For how confident and sure you act your football analysis is actually very terrible

No_Skill
11-23-2014, 08:20 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/njEi5Suk7RXCo/giphy.gif

CaBisonFan
11-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Without a doubt. They only had one good wr. He's very good but EWU has multiple guys that are legit.Wrong...they had at least 2 quality receivers...the names escape me.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Wrong...they had at least 2 quality receivers...the names escape me.

Tremaine Thompson

BFKasper14
11-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Tremaine Thompson

Was Lockett on that team?

Bison bison
11-23-2014, 08:53 PM
I love cats.

I love every kind of cat.

I want to hug all them, but you can't hug every cat.

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 09:01 PM

You mean the EWU air attack that went 13-32 for 141yds? It wasn't the passing attack that did us in. Taiwan Jones was what gave us trouble. Playing prevent D at the end of regulation was not the best call. Giving up kick return TD's sucked.

NDSU has faced better passing attacks since then.

HerdBot
11-23-2014, 09:32 PM
You mean the EWU air attack that went 13-32 for 141yds? It wasn't the passing attack that did us in. Taiwan Jones was what gave us trouble. Playing prevent D at the end of regulation was not the best call. Giving up kick return TD's sucked.

Didn't Marcus have a pick six too?
agreed Taiwan Jones was so fast we couldn't even prep for him, ran a 4.33 laser timed 40 with a bad ankle at the combine

thebigund
11-23-2014, 09:37 PM

Deep threat softens d. I don't know what I would want to see more, NDSU loose big or NDSU loose and Adams get the piss beat out of him.

CaBisonFan
11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Was Lockett on that team?....yup....

thebigund
11-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Whatever you say, Beavis. For how confident and sure you act your football analysis is actually very terrible

Any examples of when I was actually serious? And what do you bring to the table Tod Kaiper?

Bison4peat
11-23-2014, 09:46 PM

This statement is without a doubt very debatable. That's all I will say about it.

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Didn't Marcus have a pick six?

You would be correct.

BadlandsBison
11-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Any examples of when I was actually serious? And what do you bring to the table Tod Kaiper?
What do I bring to the table you ask? Wisdom and santiy! But not very much of either.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-23-2014, 09:57 PM

Yes! You have to go pick them up at the dome anyway so there is benefit to paying online.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 10:05 PM

Oh wow...Trumane Thompson and Kevin Lockett are both better than Cooper Kupp. There's a reason Kupp is playing FCS football. And their slot guy (Sexson) or something like that was legit too. This statement is ridiculous. Again...if EWU could have won games in the playoffs the last couple years, they would have already faced NDSU. They'll have a potential shot again, but they'll have to get through the rest of the MVFC teams before facing us.

Sounds like Kupp's younger brother is pretty impressed with NDSU by the way.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Deep threat softens d. I don't know what I would want to see more, NDSU loose big or NDSU loose and Adams get the piss beat out of him.

Yeah, just like Denver vs Seattle in the Super Bowl.

THEsocalledfan
11-23-2014, 10:14 PM
And, honestly, i respect you more due to this. Will you be at the UN_ next year? First beer is on me as i enjoy your posts here.

NDSU1980
11-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Definitely want the Bobcat buyouts here. It's no fun to pound the piss out of the rabbits. Rather pound the Boobcats.

thebigund
11-23-2014, 11:00 PM
And, honestly, i respect you more due to this. Will you be at the UN_ next year? First beer is on me as i enjoy your posts here.

I'm trying to find tickets at the moment. They're not easy to come by. At the very least, I will tailgate.

BisonNeil
11-23-2014, 11:13 PM
I like new meat in the Dome so for that reason alone I would like to see Montana State come to town.

However, the Jacks also scare me to death and I think on NDSUs side of the bracket they are clearly the greatest threat to getting to Frisco. They are used to playing in the dome, and Austen Sumner carved up the Bison pretty good at times despite an 8 week layoff. Despite being immobile the Bison rarely got pressure on him as the Jacks have a good OL. Zenner also almost got 100 yds and the Bison are down one stud LB.

No question I want the Bobcats, but it will never happen. The Jacks may beat them worse than the Griz did last week.

Bison Loaf
11-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Wow, jackpot!!! This exchange turned out to be more entertaining than even I could have imagined!!!! :rofl:

Bison Loaf
11-23-2014, 11:35 PM
OK, back to SDSU-MSU.

I WANT to see the Cats. MVFC pride aside, justice demands that Montana State properly atone for it's past sins against Bison Nation.

That said, I very much doubt that the atonement takes place this year. I think the Jacks roll them in this one.

BisoninNWMN
11-23-2014, 11:44 PM
OK, back to SDSU-MSU.

I WANT to see the Cats. MVFC pride aside, justice demands that Montana State properly atone for it's past sins against Bison Nation.

That said, I very much doubt that the atonement takes place this year. I think the Jacks roll them in this one.

They might but if Montana State's QB (Prukop) is playing, they will be tough to beat in Bozeman. He is a very good dual threat QB.

The Jacks might win but I think MSU does.

StL Bison Fan
11-23-2014, 11:46 PM
I've always felt teams are regular season or playoff teams. The Bison turn into something different come playoffs.
Which are the wabbits and which are the buyouts?

Bison Loaf
11-24-2014, 12:00 AM
I've always felt teams are regular season or playoff teams. The Bison turn into something different come playoffs.
Which are the wabbits and which are the buyouts?

Well, I believe that this is only the 5th playoff appearance IN PROGRAM HISTORY for the bunnies (but 3rd in a row). So, given the lack of precedent, I think they'd have to be classified as neither right now (and that's not intended to be smack).

StL Bison Fan
11-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Well, I believe that this is only the 5th playoff appearance IN PROGRAM HISTORY for the bunnies (but 3rd in a row). So, given he lack of precedent, I think they'd have to be be classified as neither right now (and that's not intended to be smack).

Not taken as smack. Some teams are notorious for folding, others for stepping up. Well see where the bunnies fall

Bison03
11-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Montana State couldn't do much worse saturday then their basketball team against Kentucky today. Lost 86-28. Ouch.

NorthernBison
11-24-2014, 12:52 AM
Montana State couldn't do much worse saturday then their basketball team against Kentucky today. Lost 86-28. Ouch.

I watched Kentucky destroy #5 Kansas by 31 last week. Pretty sure our squad would get beat by 50 too.

I think Kansas only scored 40 points.

Kentucky is flat out amazing.

BisBison
11-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Kentucky would be a .500 team in the NBA.(And their whole team will probably be there next year).

Bison Bridge Guy
11-24-2014, 01:03 AM
Kentucky would be a .500 team in the NBA.(And their whole team will probably be there next year).

I heard on espn radio they rotate five at a time, meaning they have two lineups capable of starting. All are McDonald's All Americans.

BisBison
11-24-2014, 01:06 AM
All that ball talk aside, back to the thread. Sorry for my participation in the thread drift. I am hoping for the Buyouts. I hate playing conference foes in the playoffs. We should have great signs in the crowd for them in the unlikely event they get by the Jacks.

westnodak93bison
11-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Well I pretty sure TX could have beat us by 70

NorthernBison
11-24-2014, 01:18 AM
The Jacks are scary. Send us the Kitties.

StL Bison Fan
11-24-2014, 01:23 AM
The Jacks are scary. Send us the Kitties.

More afraid of bunnies than kittens?

NorthernBison
11-24-2014, 01:48 AM
More afraid of bunnies than kittens?

Yes. Sumner and Zenner is a potentially dangerous combination.

The loss of Travis will affect our pass defense more than our run stopping. I think there will be an adjustment period that we can't duplicate in practice.

I'd prefer not having that happen against a team that offers a dual threat.

MSU is more one-dimensional IMO.

BisoninNWMN
11-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Geez, it sounds like SDSU is going to roll us if we happen to meet up again.....:facepalm:

MSU is not 1-dimensional: They average 240 passing and 248 rushing. Their QB is what makes them go. Like I said, if he is healthy, SDSU is going to have a hard time winning in Bozeman.

I'm not worried about either one. MSU doesn't match up well with the Bison and SDSU needed a hail mary pass to take a lead in the 1st half.

MNLonghorn10
11-24-2014, 11:05 AM

You're kidding right?

theyd be lucky to win 2 games in the NBA. and those might be against the 76ers

THEsocalledfan
11-24-2014, 11:46 AM
MSU doesn't match up well with the Bison and SDSU needed a hail mary pass to take a lead in the 1st half.

I would not call a perfect throw to an open receiver on a fly route a "hail mary."

NorthernBison
11-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Geez, it sounds like SDSU is going to roll us if we happen to meet up again.....:facepalm:

MSU is not 1-dimensional: They average 240 passing and 248 rushing. Their QB is what makes them go. Like I said, if he is healthy, SDSU is going to have a hard time winning in Bozeman.

I'm not worried about either one. MSU doesn't match up well with the Bison and SDSU needed a hail mary pass to take a lead in the 1st half.
We're not going to get rolled by either. The SDSU game was closer than a 20 point game. It was Sumner's first game back from injury. We are playing better football now but so are they. As for MSU, they play in the Fluffy so those stats matter little. I'd rather play the Kitties because I think SDSU has a chance to hang with us longer and that can be dangerous.

bandit218
11-24-2014, 12:38 PM

Prukop is their leading rusher. Their running backs are physical but Prukop is the biggest threat running when he pulls the ball down. I would have liked to see how he did against the Grizzlies. That defense was on fire Saturday. I'm not sure Prukop has been in a game where defense is even part of the game, so I think he would fold under constant pressure.

Bring on MSU, let's play somebody we can't get to play us unless they're forced to.

EC8CH
11-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Prukop is their leading rusher. Their running backs are physical but Prukop is the biggest threat running when he pulls the ball down. I would have liked to see how he did against the Grizzlies. That defense was on fire Saturday. I'm not sure Prukop has been in a game where defense is even part of the game, so I think he would fold under constant pressure.

Bring on MSU, let's play somebody we can't get to play us unless they're forced to.

Welcome to the Fargodome...
No where to run
No where to hide
No way to buy out

cbline
11-24-2014, 12:55 PM
I would not call a perfect throw to an open receiver on a fly route a "hail mary."

From Section 32 Row R, it looked like he was open due to a well-timed push and no offensive pass interference call from the referee.

FFBison
11-24-2014, 12:58 PM
You're kidding right?

theyd be lucky to win 2 games in the NBA. and those might be against the 76ers

Yep...and the Raiders would pound "take your pick of your favorite CFB team". Everyone that plays for the Raiders was a stud in college...well, I'm pretty sure anyway! College sports has no comparison to professional sports. Bigger, stronger, faster.

BisonNation11
11-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Bring on the Kitties! New blood in the dome is always fun to watch. I have no fear of either team but I do respect SDSU a lot more. They're built to be successful this time of year. Good thing going for the Bison is the bye week and being able to spend time with family for the holiday. We should get CJ back at full strength, Dudz and Heags should be back to 100% and whoever else was playing nicked up. Bring on the Fluffy!

Bison Loaf
11-24-2014, 01:40 PM
We're not going to get rolled by either. The SDSU game was closer than a 20 point game. It was Sumner's first game back from injury. We are playing better football now but so are they. As for MSU, they play in the Fluffy so those stats matter little. I'd rather play the Kitties because I think SDSU has a chance to hang with us longer and that can be dangerous.

Northern, I always respect and appreciate your opinion and agree with most of what you say here, except the bolded. I think the game could have been MORE than the 20 point difference. Carson threw an intercept right away that led to 3 points for them, and then we had to settle for 2 field goals in the first half due to a slow start by the "O" again. If we were able to start the game like we did against Youngstown, I think we are capable of rolling the Jacks even worse than we did.

I do agree, however, that they are the more dangerous team. They know us too well. Let them hang around and they can be a problem.

On the other hand, I have no respect for Montana State. If we are lucky enough to see them, it's going to be an absolute ass-kicking from the get-go.

344Johnson
11-24-2014, 01:47 PM

SDSU can ball with ndsu. Still expect ndsu to win.

From Section 32 Row R, it looked like he was open due to a well-timed push and no offensive pass interference call from the referee.

Best part about college football is they tend to let the boys play. I'm sure both the wr and cb got away with some stuff throughout the game.

FFBison
11-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Northern, I always respect and appreciate your opinion and agree with most of what you say here, except the bolded. I think the game could have been MORE than the 20 point difference. Carson threw an intercept right away that led to 3 points for them, and then we had to settle for 2 field goals in the first half due to a slow start by the "O" again. If we were able to start the game like we did against Youngstown, I think we are capable of rolling the Jacks even worse than we did.

I do agree, however, that they are the more dangerous team. They know us too well. Let them hang around and they can be a problem.

On the other hand, I have no respect for Montana State. If we are lucky enough to see them, it's going to be an absolute ass-kicking from the get-go.

I think someone may have mentioned this earlier, but I don't want to test fate with Zach Zenner anymore. If we end up playing them again, we'll hopefully contain him as we always have. But I'd rather know he's played his last game against the Bison already. The dome atmosphere will be much tougher on Montana St than SDSU. Hoping MSU can get the win at home as much as I'd like to see the MVFC win and the Big Fluffy lose.

aces1180
11-24-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm hoping we get the pussy cats, but I expect to see the bunnies again.

It will be nice to see Zenner and Sumner go 0-6 vs. the Bison in their careers.

Bisonator98
11-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Bring on the "buyouts"!:biggrin:

I'm tired of beating the jacks. The PO's are a time to beat up on new teams! GO BISON!!!

1998braves64
11-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Hate to see a mvfc team lose first round but want bobkitties to get paid their dues for last year.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

StL Bison Fan
11-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the Fargodome...
No where to run
No where to hide
No way to buy out

Will this be a sign?

bisonfanette
11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Will this be a sign?

YES! :nod:

EC8CH
11-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Will this be a sign?

Kitties gotta earn it first.

An improved version would be:

Playoffs in the FargoDome:
No where to run
No where to hide
No way to buy out

bisonfanette
11-24-2014, 03:35 PM

Right! Just think of the possibilities!

Bison Bridge Guy
11-24-2014, 04:15 PM

An improved version would be:

No where to run
No where to hide
No way to buy out

If this makes it onto a sign, please spell it right! (Nowhere)

Tatanka
11-24-2014, 04:19 PM
No place to run
No place to hide
No price to buy out

NDSUstudent
11-24-2014, 04:22 PM

Yep, I wouldn't be shocked if MSU beat SDSU if their QB is healthy. Running QBs have given SDSU some issues this year and he is one of the best dual threat QBs in the FCS. That said SDSU will score a lot of point on MSU's defense, Zenner should run wild against them. I hope both teams are healthy, would make it a fun game to watch.

EC8CH
11-24-2014, 04:25 PM
No place to run
No place to hide
No price to buy out

:nod: even better :nod:

westnodak93bison
11-24-2014, 04:27 PM
No place to run
No place to hide
No price to buy out
Forfeit?.....

LikeMothers
11-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Forfeit?.....

NDSU: Four-peat
MSU: For-feit

Tatanka
11-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Not enough time to photoshop today but someone can put an MSU jersey on this:

http://cdn.spyparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

Bison"FANatic"
11-24-2014, 04:45 PM
SDSU concerns me, as they know us so well. Their young receivers are good and with Sumner back and more mobile than he was the first game it could be interesting. I want to see someone new in the dome so the Bobkitties it is for me.

MSUcats91
11-24-2014, 07:19 PM

Uhh... not sure who "we" is, but nobody has held MSU under 100 yards rushing this year including Arkansas State. Are you from UND? They came close, I'll give you that.

http://www.msubobcats.com/custompages/football/TEAMSTAT.HTM?path=football

Bison bison
11-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Uh, Bobcat. 62<100.

MSUcats91
11-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Montana State. Had a great time when we were there and their fans were nothing but friendly and classy before and after the game.

Appreciate that - I had a blast talking with NDSU fans during that 2010 game as well. Nothing but good people.

MSUcats91
11-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Uh, Bobcat. 62<100.

Am I looking at the wrong line??
UND MSU
Yards Gained Rushing........ 112 122

Bison bison
11-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes.

You should be looking at net yards.

56BISON73
11-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Appreciate that - I had a blast talking with NDSU fans during that 2010 game as well. Nothing but good people.

The craziest was some guy blocked us from getting out of the tailgate lot with his pick up. Gets out of the truck, comes over to the bus , I open the door, he gets on the bus and then tells us thanks for coming to Bozeman, it was a great game and wishes us luck in our next game. He goes back and gets in his pick up and waves good bye.

MSUcats91
11-24-2014, 07:33 PM
The craziest was some guy blocked us from getting out of the tailgate lot with his pick up. Gets out of the truck, comes over to the bus , I open the door, he gets on the bus and then tells us thanks for coming to Bozeman, it was a great game and wishes us luck in our next game. He goes back and gets in his pick up and waves good bye.

Ha, that's great. I remember being really surprised at how well you guys traveled. Really impressive!

Mayville Bison
11-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Am I looking at the wrong line??
UND MSU
Yards Gained Rushing........ 112 122

And this is why no one cares about the Big Fluffy stats - they only take credit for the plays that go forward...

SoCalBison
11-24-2014, 07:37 PM
SDSU concerns me, as they know us so well. Their young receivers are good and with Sumner back and more mobile than he was the first game it could be interesting. I want to see someone new in the dome so the Bobkitties it is for me.

Bunnies could be scary. You can only beat a team so many times until they figure it out...or get lucky. I'd rather take on someone who deserves their first Bison beat-down of the season.

StL Bison Fan
11-24-2014, 07:38 PM

The fun factor says kitties. It would be a great atmosphere.

SoCalBison
11-24-2014, 07:41 PM

I like NDSU to be loose also. :rimshot:

"Loose": not tight, relaxed, "a loose connection"; "I'm feeling loose."
"Lose": to be defeated, "I didn't think they would lose."

56BISON73
11-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Ha, that's great. I remember being really surprised at how well you guys traveled. Really impressive!

The coolest encounter was I was staying at the Wingate. I had come in to town a day early. Get in about 1am. Got up early, put my NDSU hat and tshirt on and went down to the breakfast area for a doughnut. I was sitting there eating my donut when a guy with a silver tipped cane, silver tipped cowboy boots, pressed jeans, nice wool vest, handle bar mustache and cowboy hat comes over and says HI my name is so snd so. I am a MSU Bobcat fan. Wonder if you would like to talk some football. I said sure. So we are talking along and after about 15 minutes I realize that we are surrounded by about 20 people listening to our conversation. At that time I ask the rest to join in. It was great. After awhile the guy mentions that he played for MSU. I asked when and he says 70-74. I asked what position and he say D-line. I said I was the offensive center when you came to Fargo and he goes----that was you? LOL

Trumpster
11-24-2014, 07:43 PM
I like NDSU to be loose also. :rimshot: "Loose": not tight, relaxed, "a loose connection"; "I'm feeling loose." "Lose": to be defeated, "I didn't think they would lose." See. Looser (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/dictionary/def000080.html)

MSUcats91
11-24-2014, 07:46 PM
The coolest encounter was I was staying at the Wingate. I had come in to town a day early. Get in about 1am. Got up early, put my NDSU hat and tshirt on and went down to the breakfast area for a doughnut. I was sitting there eating my donut when a guy with a silver tipped cane, silver tipped cowboy boots, pressed jeans, nice wool vest, handle bar mustache and cowboy hat comes over and says HI my name is so snd so. I am a MSU Bobcat fan. Wonder if you would like to talk some football. I said sure. So we are talking along and after about 15 minutes I realize that we are surrounded by about 20 people listening to our conversation. At that time I ask the rest to join in. It was great. After awhile the guy mentions that he played for MSU. I asked when and he says 70-74. I asked what position and he say D-line. I said I was the offensive center when you came to Fargo and he goes----that was you? LOL

No kidding! Damn, small world. That's a great story!

CaBisonFan
11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
No matter who we play...I just wanna see Bison Football.

DjKyRo
11-24-2014, 08:28 PM
I'd like to see Montana State but figure SDSU is going to suffocate them between Zenner and a competent defense.

NorthernBison
11-24-2014, 08:33 PM
I'd like to see Montana State but figure SDSU is going to suffocate them between Zenner and a competent defense.
SDSU should be just a bit concerned about just how crappy MSU played Saturday. I know it's not rational but it seems like teams who stink it up one week have a strong tendency to play way over their capabilities the next time.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2014, 08:40 PM
SDSU should be just a bit concerned about just how crappy MSU played Saturday. I know it's not rational but it seems like teams who stink it up one week have a strong tendency to play way over their capabilities the next time.

I also think you could see a boost if their starting QB is back. I think SDSU getting Sumner back gave them a boost, now that could go against them if Prukop plays for MSU. I watched him play a few times this year, that guy is a handful.

gizmo
11-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Bring on MSU. Stomping the bunnies and their overhyped RB is getting boring.

17>1
11-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Hoping for MSU, but picking the Jacks to win in Bozeman.

SomeBeach
11-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Here, kitty, kitty, kitty....

PlrbrBison
11-25-2014, 12:27 AM
SDSU is gonna shock the Big Fluffy. No more Bunny's, call them the Shockers!!

MNLonghorn10
11-25-2014, 12:54 AM

meh, itll be just like 2012. Close on the scoreboard score(not really telling the story on the field). complete blow out in the playoffs.

17>1
11-25-2014, 02:02 AM
meh, itll be just like 2012. Close on the scoreboard score(not really telling the story on the field). complete blow out in the playoffs.

I agree with this^^

I think we play them even better the second time around.