PDA

View Full Version : Brower Era is HERE!!.. finally..

lakesbison
09-19-2006, 02:06 AM
I've been pimping this guy for a couple years..and i was even chastizing the coaches for not giving the ALL TIME LEADING NEBRASKA RUSHER a chance at Rback..

Well.....Once again, I will be RIGHT!! ha ha... ok... I HOPE I will be right..

Way to go Micheal.... Show them that you deserved to be in the backfield all along!!

I remember watching video on him in HS and he was simply amazing...

Hit that STUDY HALL!!

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2006, 03:30 AM
He won't play much.

He'll be backing up a true freshman, and FB, and will be used primarily for depth.

His future is at the LB position. He made the decision himself to move to LB because it would get him on the field sooner.

Don't expect very much from him at the RB position. The boys in D1AA hit a little harder then they do in high school in the state of Nebraska.

It's good to have athletes like Brower that can swing both ways from offense to defense, or wherever the teams needs them to play.

Bisonguy
09-19-2006, 03:33 AM
Hard to say where he'll end up.

Look at Cabell. He started out at RB, moved to add depth at DB, and then moved back to RB.

IowaBisonToo
09-19-2006, 01:49 PM
He won't play much.

He'll be backing up a true freshman, and FB, and will be used primarily for depth.

His future is at the LB position. *He made the decision himself to move to LB because it would get him on the field sooner.

Don't expect very much from him at the RB position. *The boys in D1AA hit a little harder then they do in high school in the state of Nebraska.
It's good to have athletes like Brower that can swing both ways from offense to defense, or wherever the teams needs them to play.

Don't some of those boys that "don't hit that hard because it's high school" end up at UNL??? I wouldn't put to much stock into that. I guess the same could be true for any running back coming out of high school, couldn't it? :-? :)

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Don't some of those boys that "don't hit that hard because it's high school" end up at UNL??? *I wouldn't put to much stock into that. *I guess the same could be true for any running back coming out of high school, couldn't it? :-? :)

Who said anything about high school boys not hitting that hard? They hit hella hard, especially in the state of Nebraska. They certainly don't hit as hard as a D1AA collegiate team, reguardless of who they are.

And who's UNL, just out of curiosity?

charleston
09-19-2006, 06:13 PM
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Just a small school that has found some success in Athletics.
http://www.huskers.com :o

Scooter
09-19-2006, 06:14 PM
If Brower shines at RB, his time at Linebacker is probably over. This is a perfect opportunity for him and it just goes to show how good things can happen to those kids who work hard trying to help the team where ever they can. Brower will get his carries... in this offense you need three tailbacks. Just because he is #3 right now, it doesn't mean that he will be #3 for the whole year. This is one tough kid who is more mature physically than Blincoe is.

IowaBisonToo
09-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Don't some of those boys that "don't hit that hard because it's high school" end up at UNL??? *I wouldn't put to much stock into that. *I guess the same could be true for any running back coming out of high school, couldn't it? :-? :)

Who said anything about high school boys not hitting that hard? *They hit hella hard, especially in the state of Nebraska. *They certainly don't hit as hard as a D1AA collegiate team, reguardless of who they are.

And who's UNL, just out of curiosity?
That's exactly what I'm saying - they probably hit quite hard. Yes, I know not to the extent of IAA but if they're going to end up at UNL (U of Nebraska, Lincoln - I'm sure you were kidding when you asked that question), they're hitting damn hard already. Basically my point was that it doesn't matter whether he came from NE or TX, he's probably had his fair share of bell-ringers and those that felt like a pesky fly.

silkamilkamonico
09-20-2006, 04:33 AM
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln. *Just a small school that has found some success in Athletics.
http://www.huskers.com * :o

UNL.

I have honestly never heard it phrased like that.

I was under the assumption they wanted to be known simply as NEB.

lakesbison
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Regardless... my buddy WILLY at NDSU, said Brower is looking great at RB... so natural!!

Dam, what a twist for Ball state, if we come out with Steffes as a decoy and used Brower alot, (which no one has tape on!!!)

Scooter
09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Do you think that Brower will be ready to go with the full playbook by Saturday? *I think that Bohl might be forced to use him. *Or, we may be a steady diet of Steffes-Roehl on Saturday.... that wouldn't be so bad. *By the end of the game, I wouldn't want to tackle Roehl anymore. *At least with Brower back there to back up Steffes I feel a little more comfortable with the runningbacks. *It's nice to have two 200+ *pound runningbacks back there (being lead by two huge fullbacks), they don't go down as easily.

Next years backs.... Cabell,Roehl,Blincoe,Brower..... we need to recruit at least two backs minimum this winter.

Sidenote. *I watched last Saturdays game again and Roehl had some CRUSHING blocks. *One, he met a linebacker head on and just KILLED him. *God that was a pretty sight. *With Roehl as your lead blocker, you can add an extra yard on to your YPC average. *Just watch, Steffes's YPC will increase this year by a full yard. *I guarantee it.

coloradobison
09-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Do you think that Brower will be ready to go with the full playbook by Saturday? *I think that Bohl might be forced to use him. *Or, we may be a steady diet of Steffes-Roehl on Saturday.... that wouldn't be so bad. *By the end of the game, I wouldn't want to tackle Roehl anymore. *At least with Brower back there to back up Steffes I feel a little more comfortable with the runningbacks. *It's nice to have two 200+ *pound runningbacks back there (being lead by two huge fullbacks), they don't go down as easily.

Next years backs.... Roehl,Blincoe,Brower..... we need to recruit at least two backs minimum this winter.

Sidenote. *I watched last Saturdays game again and Roehl had some CRUSHING blocks. *One, he met a linebacker head on and just KILLED him. *God that was a pretty sight. *With Roehl as your lead blocker, you can add an extra yard on to your YPC average. *Just watch, Steffes's YPC will increase this year by a full yard. *I guarantee it.

I highly doubt Brower would see any action this week at Ball State. The only way he would see time is if Steffes, Blincoe and/or Roehl would get hurt, and even then, the play calling would likely be pretty standard. Blincoe should see some carries to spell Steffes.

As for next year, expect Cabell to be back, along with perhaps Cinque as it sounds like he is working to get himself back. However, I do agree that backs need to be recruited, but backs should be recruited every year, just as QB's, IMO.

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Next years backs.... Roehl,Blincoe,Brower..... we need to recruit at least two backs minimum this winter.

I agree. I believe Cabell will be back from his injury, but NDSu not looking very strong at RB next year at all. Strange that a position we were looking to be so deep in after last year with Chapman and Moore, are now looking at a Kyle Steffes injury away from being almost depleted.

And next year with Steffes gone.... :-/

Gamehunter
09-21-2006, 05:59 PM

I agree. I believe Cabell will be back from his injury, but NDSu not looking very strong at RB next year at all. Strange that a position we were looking to be so deep in after last year with Chapman and Moore, are now looking at a Kyle Steffes injury away from being almost depleted.

I dunno, I was pretty damn impressed with Cabell untill he went down...If we get Cinque back that is a pretty deap RB list with Blincoe and then Brower. Probably alot deeper and more talented than this year.

Bisonguy
09-21-2006, 07:19 PM

I agree. *I believe Cabell will be back from his injury, but NDSu not looking very strong at RB next year at all. *Strange that a position we were looking to be so deep in after last year with Chapman and Moore, are now looking at a Kyle Steffes injury away from being almost depleted.

Cabell and Chapman will provide plenty of experience, and will be able to pass the torch onto Blincoe, who will only get better.

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Chapman is no longer taking classes at NDSU, which means he most likely will not be back.

That was the last I heard on the situation after school started, and something might have changed since then. Correct me if I'm wrong.

lakesbison
09-21-2006, 07:50 PM
at teammakers luncheon....today... that since they moved him to LB , he put on a lot of pounds/muscle.. and now really looks to run over people and he's been a viable option for this week's game at Ball state.

Sounds like Roehl will get some shots at TB as well.

Is blincoe 100% off redshirt? or can we still redshirt him??

Bisonguy
09-21-2006, 08:10 PM
at teammakers luncheon....today... that since they moved him to LB , he put on a lot of pounds/muscle.. and now really looks to run over people and he's been a viable option for this week's game at Ball state.

Sounds like Roehl will get some shots at TB as well.

Is blincoe 100% off redshirt? or can we still redshirt him??

Blincoe had carries at the CSP game already.

Bisonguy
09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Chapman is no longer taking classes at NDSU, which means he most likely will not be back.

That was the last I heard on the situation after school started, and something might have changed since then. *Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1158672767/5#5

Bison Feedback Highlights

- No medical hardship for Cabell since he already used a redshirt year. *Will be a senior next season.
- Coaches are hoping to have Cinque Chapman back next season. *He is enrolled at NDSU and is planning to return to team if his eligibility is reinstated by the NCAA. *

Potential tailbacks for 2007: Cabell, Chapman, Blincoe, Roehl

NDSUstudent
09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Maybe Blincoe will be our secert weapon on Saturday, he would provide a good change of pace when Steffes needs a rest. It will be interesting to see what he does when given a few carries behind the 1st team o-line.

ktcdet
09-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Cabell IS eligible for a medical hardship. He must apply to the NCAA for it and there is no guarantee that they will approve a sixth year. There have been numerous instances of the NCAA approving such a request, however.

mikelsch
09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Bohl sounded pretty sure that he won't get the hardship, even though he is eligible. *Mainly because he played in more than 1 game. *Regardless, he will still be playing next year if healthy and willing.

ktcdet
09-21-2006, 10:45 PM
The rule is that the injury must occur before the third game of the season. The NCAA may turn the request down but, it will not be because he played in too many games in 2006

mikelsch
09-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the info about the third game thing. *Is there a link to this info?

ktcdet
09-21-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry. The NCAA rule book would show it but, good luck reading through that :). It is an old rule that has not been changed for quite a while. You are right that no matter what, he will be around next year if the injury heals well.

Hammersmith
09-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info about the third game thing. *Is there a link to this info?

http://www.ncaa.org/library/membership/division_i_manual/2006-07/2006-07_d1_manual.pdf

Three applicable bylaws:

14.2.1 Five-Year Rule.(pg 139)
*14.2.1.5 Additional Waivers.

14.2.4 Hardship Waiver.(pg 143)
*(c) The injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than two contests or
dates of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport) or 20 percent (whichever number is
greater) of the institution’s scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in his or her sport.
Only scheduled or completed competition (including exempted events but excluding scrimmages and
exhibition contests identified as such in the legislation) against outside participants during the playing
season that concludes with the NCAA championship, or, if so designated, during the official NCAA
championship playing season in that sport (e.g., spring baseball, fall soccer), shall be countable under
this limitation in calculating both the number of contests or dates of competition in which the studentathlete
has participated and the number of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition
during that season in the sport.

30.6.1 Waiver Criteria.(pg 400)
*30.6.1.1 Circumstances Beyond Control.
* *(a) Situations clearly supported by contemporaneous medical documentation, which states that a student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate competition as a result of incapacitating physical or mental circumstances;
*30.6.1.2 Circumstances Within Control.
* *(d) Redshirt year;

The way I read it, it is unlikely that Cabell will play next year. He would qualify for a Hardship Waiver, but he does not qualify for a Five-Year Rule Waiver because his redshirt year was a Circumstance Within his, or the athletic department's, Control.

Bisonguy
09-21-2006, 11:46 PM
The way I read it, it is unlikely that Cabell will play next year. He would qualify for a Hardship Waiver, but he does not qualify for a Five-Year Rule Waiver because his redshirt year was a Circumstance Within his, or the athletic department's, Control.

It's highly likely that Cabell will play next year. He is only a junior this year.

Hammersmith
09-22-2006, 12:10 AM

It's highly likely that Cabell will play next year. He is only a junior this year.
Oops. I assumed he was a senior from the previous posts and didn't double-check. You know what they say about assuming.

Well then, he'll be back next year but won't get a sixth year.

ktcdet
09-22-2006, 12:54 AM
My understanding is that Cabell would indeed qualify under the additional waiver criteria (14.2.1.5) and under the hardship waiver. Many athletes have been redshirted and still received an injury waiver for a sixth year. One does not have to be injured both times to receive that sixth year. In fact, it was created for exactly the type of situation that Cabell finds himself in. I believe the sixth year could be granted only because it is indeed a circumstance that is out of his control. My sources also tell me that Cabell was operated on yesterday and that he had breaks in two places in his collarebone. If he is able to receive a medical hardship for 2008, NDSU should have an outstanding ground game heading into post season play.

lakesbison
09-22-2006, 01:14 AM
*HIJACK!! HIJACK!!!*

GO MICHEAL BROWER!! 100 yards!!! 1 td

ndsubison
09-22-2006, 11:50 AM

That was the last I heard on the situation after school started, and something might have changed since then. *Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tuesday night on 970 AM Scott Miller had coach Bohl on and somebody called in asking Bohl how we're looking at RB after Steffes graduates after this year. Bohl specifically stated that Cinque Chapman is still taking classes @NDSU and that, if he can get his grades back up to par, that the Bison team is really looking fwd to having him back next year. Hopefully that answers your question.

ndsubison
09-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Cabell IS eligible for a medical hardship. *He must apply to the NCAA for it and there is no guarantee that they will approve a sixth year. *There have been numerous instances of the NCAA approving such a request, however.

Does the name Russ Hackel come to mind?????

Scooter
09-22-2006, 01:41 PM
So... Brower is now at RB and Lakesbison is getting his wish after some intense lobbying on this board. *One thing is certain, Mike Brower is going to have a very good idea of what defenses are going to be doing scheme wise, and that should help him. *And, he hits like a frieght train like all of our linebackers. *I'm kind of looking forward to this.

About Cabell- until coach Bohl indicates that he will get a medical hardship, and he's on record stating that he will not get one, Cabell will have only one year left. *So, why speculate about it, I think coach Bohl is on top of this situation.

Now.... Go Brower!!!!

IowaBison
09-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Thank God Coach Bohl finally moved Brower.

I don't want to substantiate any rumors, but I had heard, that if this didn't happen, that Lakes was going, yes, yes, QUIT TEAM MAKERS!

IowaBisonToo
09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Maybe Bohl took a page out of Mason's book - putting a LB at RB. In this case maybe a round about way.

silkamilkamonico
09-22-2006, 07:46 PM

I don't want to substantiate any rumors, but I had heard, that if this didn't happen, that Lakes was going, yes, yes, QUIT TEAM MAKERS!

I heard that too actually.

Apparently Lakes is more of a Brower fan, then he is a Bison fan.

TheDoctor
09-22-2006, 07:49 PM

Shoot another missed opportunity! ;D