PDA

View Full Version : area recuits again

suherdscribe
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Listed are football recruits with ND, SD, Minn ties listed on Gopher Illustrated. All list D-1 schools are being recruited by, but with a little nudge they may attend NDSU.

Dave Boettcher, OG, 6-3, 300/5.3 Science; Dwayne Smith, OL, 6-3, 300, Northland; Zach Condon, OC, 6-0, 275/5.1 Sciecne; Sjane Roach, 6-3, 230 ILB, 4.68 Science.

Brian McNeill, Wahpeton HS, RB/all purpose back,5-8, 190/4.0. He lists Boise State, Louisville, Minnesota, New Mexico State, Wyoming. Could he be the next Steffes?

Curt Truhe, FB, 5-11, 195/4.7, Elkhart S.D>

Charles DeMers, WR, 6-0, 170/4.45, Winner, S.D.

Ryan Jastram, K, 6-1, 175 Sioux Falls

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Brian McNeil is a 2nd year player at NDSCS in Wahpeton. He graduated from West Fargo and played with Tyler Roehl.

NorthernBison
09-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Here's a reminder from "Nervous Nellie". Please read up on "compliance issues". I believe the gobison website has a section devoted to NCAA rules. There are a lot of ways for us to inadvertently cause recruiting violations. I think little "nudges" are a no no. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Bison13
09-13-2006, 11:42 PM
If the 4.0 is supposed to be Brian McNeill's 40 time....he would be one of the fastest people in the world...i dont think that is correct...

suherdscribe
09-14-2006, 03:26 AM
please direct me to rule book and specifically to chapter, verse and section since the NCAA rule book is so big....I will admit to an unconsicous error. For that , forgive me.

Bison13
09-14-2006, 04:07 AM
I forgive ;)

GFBisonFan
09-14-2006, 09:34 AM
I believe the 4.0 would refer to GPA, otherwise do EVERYTHING to get him ;)

In terms of a nudge, I am sure that he meant a nudge from recruiters, not fans as to comply with the rules, right?? Because we all know that we as boosters are to not interfere with the recruiting process, no matter how innocous(sp) it is. I believe gobison.com has a compliance corner for any questions.

NorthernBison
09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
On gobison, it is under "inside athletics" on the left side. When the expandable menu opens, there is a section titled "compliance". If you click on compliance and scroll down to the bottom, there are links to discussion sections on what you can and can't do. Actually there is an amazing amount of things that can get the school into trouble. The Athletic Department at NDSU has done a good job communicating the rules but it's real easy for boosters like us to misunderstand.

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2006, 12:59 PM
The gist of it is "No contact with any athlete that may be recruited".

roper
09-14-2006, 01:47 PM
I would be shocked if Austin Richard OL, Fargo South is not on NDSU and Minnesota's radar. *Heck, the Fargo South line averages close to 300#. :o

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
09-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Any idea if Solum (RB and CB) from Fargo South is on the Bison radar? *The most exciting player I have seen around the area in a number of years. If you havent seen South play, they are worth a Friday night.

roper
09-14-2006, 06:33 PM
This is the best South team since 1990, and that team produced a lot of DI talent. This Bruin team doesn't have a gunslinger like Chris Berg, but their front 4 are a bunch of monsters.

They've put 40+ on the #2 and #3 team in the state and should continue to do so throughout the year.

Bisonguy
09-14-2006, 07:28 PM
I would be shocked if Austin Richard OL, Fargo South is not on NDSU and Minnesota's radar. *Heck, the Fargo South line averages close to 300#. :o

I'm pretty sure Kolpack mentioned that both NDSU and Minnesota were recruiting Austin, but he had an injury at the Gophers camp.

Solum, haven't heard anything on, but I wouldn't doubt that NDSU is looking at him.

ndsubison
09-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Brian McNeil was a backup to Tyler Roehl at WF High. He truly shined during his SR year after Roehl's graduation. Hmmmm, why didn't NDSU recruit McNeil after going after Roehl so hard? There's got to be a reason. Could it be................................................ ....grades? I don't really know. I've talked to people who played with the kid and people who know him and by all accounts he's a superb young man who's overcome some major adversity in his life and has blossomed from it. If the schools listed (Boise State, Louisville, Wyoming) are interested in him, I hope the Bison finally are, too. My 2 cents. :)

ndsubison
09-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Any idea if Solum (RB and CB) from Fargo South is on the Bison radar? *The most exciting player I have seen around the area in a number of years. If you havent seen South play, they are worth a Friday night.

I agree. South is definately worth the price of admission this year. I was at the Bismarck High game. I haven't seen a South team this dominant since the mid to late 80's/early 90's. The MOJO is back. Kevin Feeney has a bright coaching future in front of him. I don't personally know him but I sat next to him during this year's Spring Game and chatted for awhile. He's a genuinely nice, sincere guy who took the time to talk about FB and answer all the questions a curious outsider like myself has. Great guy, IMO.

sambini
09-15-2006, 04:55 AM
++++++++++++++

RedRiver
09-22-2006, 01:16 PM

Hallstrom commented in the Bison media blog that the Bison have offered Austin Richard a scholarship.

roadwarrior
09-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Hallstrom commented in the Bison media blog that the Bison have offered Austin Richard a scholarship.

He THINKS that the Bison have offered a scholarship.

SirHinn
09-22-2006, 09:08 PM
From the local HS coaches, Minnesota won't offer Richards a full ride because they feel he is too big. Yes, evidently a guy can be too big for the O Line for the Gophers. I thought that would be pretty idiotic if thats the case. Another guy the Gophs will be missing out on.

MinotBison
09-23-2006, 05:33 AM
I'm sure the Bison are also looking at Caitlin Solum from South. I would also like to add the name of the Minot High running back Ty Schatz to the mix. They are both about the same size (5'9") and about the same weight (190 for Solum and 180 for Schatz) according to the program I have.

I think both would be an excellent addition to the Bison roster.

sambini
09-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Is Ty related to the Schatz family who owns the PETRO TRUCK STOP IN FARGO? They are very fine supportters of BISON ATHLETICS. Home to saturday breakfast meetings of former TEAMMAKER PRESDINETS and others at 10AM evry saturday++++++++