PDA

View Full Version : 2015 FCS Kickoff Game

MN_BISON
11-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Mike Humes ‏@MikeHumesESPN (https://twitter.com/MikeHumesESPN) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/MikeHumesESPN/status/535455187591528448)
2 of best in 2015 FCS Kickoff: @NDSUfootball (https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball) at @UMGRIZZLIES_FB (https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB) Sat, Aug 29, 3:30pm ET, ESPN: http://es.pn/1ytssKh (http://t.co/zGXMVmmf2V)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B25SCn9CYAEc5hX.jpg

HerdBot
11-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Awesome news! We will get more viewers for this game than Fox Sports 1. Wish it was at home but it's great to get the FCS some big time exposure.

StL Bison Fan
11-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Yuk. Daughter getting married that day. She'll understand...

roadwarrior
11-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Book your rooms quickly!

RockyMountainBison
11-20-2014, 02:50 PM

It seems to me she could've done it the night before and given people a chance to go. Did she learn nothing from my wedding? :offtopic:

thundarsdaddy
11-20-2014, 03:03 PM

OMG...as you told me before too, oh well!!

Bison03
11-20-2014, 03:11 PM
When is the first College Gameday broadcast? This would be a pretty good choice. Winning another title would help too.

Hammerhead
11-20-2014, 03:18 PM
When is the first College Gameday broadcast? This would be a pretty good choice. Winning another title would help too.

The 1st show this year was on Aug 30th.

StL Bison Fan
11-20-2014, 03:18 PM
OMG...as you told me before too, oh well!!

Big Screen Rental

bisonmike2
11-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Sweet, we were going to be in Montana during this time already. Looks like we are moving our vacation from Big Sky to Missoula. Road mentioned get your hotel rooms but for those people looking to make a longer vacation out of it, you can get some really good deals in that area using VRBO. Some places will consider that last weekend in August off peak for pricing.

SDbison
11-20-2014, 03:24 PM
I was so happy to see this until I re-read and saw ESPN3 was included (too bad all the quarterfinals, semifinals and final game can't be on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU):
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3 will combine to carry the quarterfinals (Dec. 12-13), semifinals (Dec. 19-20) and Championship from Frisco, Texas (January 10). A complete schedule with matchups, times and networks will be released after the field is determined.

NDSU
11-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Can't wait! Will be a brand new team on our end.

Yippee!!!

Jay
11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Five at the DoubleTree and five at the University Comfort. Boom! So Excited!

SDbison
11-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Sweet, we were going to be in Montana during this time already. Looks like we are moving our vacation from Big Sky to Missoula. Road mentioned get your hotel rooms but for those people looking to make a longer vacation out of it, you can get some really good deals in that area using VRBO. Some places will consider that last weekend in August off peak for pricing. Suggest you check out the area north and west of Missoula........take a drive on Montana 83 between the Mission Range and Swan Range. Stop at Holland Lake and Swan Lake.......lots of places between. Hike the trail up to the falls above Holland Lake. If you want an easy 45 minute mountain hike to a beautiful glacier fed lake get directions to drive 30 minutes up logging roads to Glacier Lake trailhead. Kids can make this hike. Also, there is a authentic ghost town several miles off the highway between Missoula and the turnoff to go north on Montana 83. If you have never been to Glacier National Park it would be a great destination too.

tony
11-20-2014, 03:42 PM
I cleaned up this thread and put two posters (El Chapo and MN Longhorn) into diaper mode. I'll try to be quicker about validating posts.

MrSnuffleupagus
11-20-2014, 03:50 PM
http://gobison.com/news/2014/11/20/FB_1120144407.aspx

I see a typo though...

Defending three-time FCS champion North Dakota State defeated Montana, which has seven FCS title game appearances, 22-10 on September 20 of this season.

Should read Defending four-time FCS champion Noth Dakota...

WYOBISONMAN
11-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Reservation made at Holiday Inn downtown.

tony
11-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Really trying to keep this thread clean off garbage.

Here's the inforum story: http://www.inforum.com/content/bison-montana-open-2015-season-espn

NDSU v Montana on ESPN in front of a packed stadium to start the season. It doesn't get much better than that.

westnodak93bison
11-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Really trying to keep this thread clean off garbage.

Here's the inforum story: http://www.inforum.com/content/bison-montana-open-2015-season-espn

NDSU v Montana on ESPN in front of a packed stadium to start the season. It doesn't get much better than that.
#buttfbs game

Trim
11-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Any thoughts on how hard it will be to get tickets to this game?

MrSnuffleupagus
11-20-2014, 04:07 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the adjust to a new coach. But then again, look at us. New coach, first game was ISU.

onbison09
11-20-2014, 04:08 PM
http://gobison.com/news/2014/11/20/FB_1120144407.aspx

I see a typo though...

Should read Defending four-time FCS champion Noth Dakota...
You really like to jinx things, don't you?

tony
11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
#buttfbs game

butESPN. If it's like last year, isn't this going to be the only DI college football on TV? Not having an FBS game is a little disappointing but this makes up for it.

bisonmike2
11-20-2014, 04:12 PM

You now that lander they just put on a comet, 400 million miles away from earth. It will be slightly less difficult than that to get tickets.

Bison bison
11-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Money talks and bullshit walks.

tony
11-20-2014, 04:14 PM
You know that lander they just put on a comet, 400 million miles away from earth. It will be slightly less difficult than that to get tickets.

It's Bisonville Law that I add, "So you're telling me there's a chance?"

bisonmike2
11-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Suggest you check out the area north and west of Missoula........take a drive on Montana 83 between the Mission Range and Swan Range. Stop at Holland Lake and Swan Lake.......lots of places between. Hike the trail up to the falls above Holland Lake. If you want an easy 45 minute mountain hike to a beautiful glacier fed lake get directions to drive 30 minutes up logging roads to Glacier Lake trailhead. Kids can make this hike. Also, there is a authentic ghost town several miles off the highway between Missoula and the turnoff to go north on Montana 83. If you have never been to Glacier National Park it would be a great destination too.

Last time we were in Glacier we stayed at this place in Big Fork. Really cool place to stay.
http://bridgestreetcottages.com/
Might look at it again next year, although Big Fork might be too far away. I think it's about 2 hours away from Missoula.

MrSnuffleupagus
11-20-2014, 04:18 PM

Im sure they will have it password locked, unless you buy a ticket to this game and Disney presents Frozen on Ice (the family pack).

Bison bison
11-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Right now you can buy still buy tickets to Saturday's Brawl of the Wild...

donnbryantNDSU
11-20-2014, 04:55 PM
funny how the world works sometimes... ill be visiting my cabin on flathead lake that weekend... nothing more than a 45-60 minute drive south on the highway.... if you get the chance, for anyone planning on going, DM and ill give you a tour of the lake on my boat... truly is an amazing place and the views are unbelievable...

bruinbison
11-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately for NDSU fans trying to buy tickets, the Griz students will be in attendance.
School orientation for new students is Aug 27-28 with regular Autumn Semester classes starting Aug 31st.

gumby013
11-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Glad I made two sets of hotel reservations for each possible weekend.

missingnumber7
11-20-2014, 05:02 PM
This is a great way to start the season.

SDbison
11-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Last time we were in Glacier we stayed at this place in Big Fork. Really cool place to stay.
http://bridgestreetcottages.com/
Might look at it again next year, although Big Fork might be too far away. I think it's about 2 hours away from Missoula. Sorry, I intended to say area North and East of Missoula in my post. If you like Bed and breakfast set up check out the Holland Lake Lodge. Right on lake with beautiful view of lake, falls and mountains. Rustic accommodations about an hour south of Big Fork and a little over an hour drive to Missoula.

HerdBoy
11-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Good news.

.....:hungry:.....

Bison bison
11-20-2014, 05:34 PM
funny how the world works sometimes... ill be visiting my cabin on flathead lake that weekend... nothing more than a 45-60 minute drive south on the highway.... if you get the chance, for anyone planning on going, DM and ill give you a tour of the lake on my boat... truly is an amazing place and the views are unbelievable...

Cool. Stop over by my new place over on Shelter Island (once I close).

No_Skill
11-20-2014, 05:39 PM

My in-laws live on Flathead Lake in the summer, so we'll have to tie a family vacation in to this trip. Should work out great!

Bison Loaf
11-20-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm just as excited an anyone else over this game and all, but.........am I the only one thinking that we've got a pretty important game THIS weekend to think about? :hide:

(waiting for my lambasting in 3....2.....1)

Bison bison
11-20-2014, 05:54 PM
?

I'm a fan, not a player or a coach.

tojo70
11-20-2014, 06:00 PM
When I lived in Kalispell a business partner from Colorado flew into Missoula and drove up to Kalispell. First thing he said to me..."how big is that f'ing lake?" Wildhorse Island in Flathead Lake is a state park with mule deer, and big horn sheep.
If you've got the time drive up 93 on the west side, then back down the east side on 83. You don't see much of Flathead on the east side, but the views in the Swan Valley are amazing. Especially along the shores of the lakes on that road.
If you go up to Glacier try and stay in Whitefish. Awesome little tourist town and great nightly atmosphere with a few breweries. (Tallest building in Whitefish is the Great Northern brewery.)

bisonfanette
11-20-2014, 06:19 PM

I can't believe this is happening to you :( Do you need medication? A support group?

donnbryantNDSU
11-20-2014, 06:40 PM
When I lived in Kalispell a business partner from Colorado flew into Missoula and drove up to Kalispell. First thing he said to me..."how big is that f'ing lake?" Wildhorse Island in Flathead Lake is a state park with mule deer, and big horn sheep.
If you've got the time drive up 93 on the west side, then back down the east side on 83. You don't see much of Flathead on the east side, but the views in the Swan Valley are amazing. Especially along the shores of the lakes on that road.
If you go up to Glacier try and stay in Whitefish. Awesome little tourist town and great nightly atmosphere with a few breweries. (Tallest building in Whitefish is the Great Northern brewery.)

funny you bring up wild horse island.... this is my view point of the island from my beach... 5037... I'm located off of rocky point rd.... south west part of the lake. here is a half decent panorama of the property.. 5038

Bison bison
11-20-2014, 06:43 PM

You want Izzy to work his magic and maybe delay the wedding date?

CAS4127
11-20-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm just as excited an anyone else over this game and all, but.........am I the only one thinking that we've got a pretty important game THIS weekend to think about? :hide:

(waiting for my lambasting in 3....2.....1)

Was thinking the same and that it would have been better to release this next week when we are in a bye week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runtheoption
11-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Was thinking the same and that it would have been better to release this next week when we are in a bye week. Montana who? 2015...what?

YSU...my face is already painted green & yellow. I checked with a few players, and the only things on their minds are YSU and securing the #1 seed in the playoffs (and if they will be able to get tickets for their families to attend some game on August 29, 2015, hotel arrangements, and if they will get some time off for some of that legendary MT mountain stream trout fishing. Oh, and what's for supper tonight, and if they need to get that itchy spot checked out...damn freshman ladies).

Hammerhead
11-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Start donating lots of money to NDSU athletics and bump up your priority points!

You now that lander they just put on a comet, 400 million miles away from earth. It will be slightly less difficult than that to get tickets.

bisonfanette
11-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Start donating lots of money to NDSU athletics and bump up your priority points!

Done. Getting motel rooms at a better group rate ($119.) Will share info on Sunday :) because we are FOCUSING ON the YSU GAME!!!

aces1180
11-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Was thinking the same and that it would have been better to release this next week when we are in a bye week.

ESPN released this info...NDSU just ran with it.

missingnumber7
11-20-2014, 08:00 PM

At least we aren't in the Griz shoes...last home game with current coach, must win to get in the playoffs.

tojo70
11-20-2014, 08:06 PM
For those booking rooms:
Holiday Inn Downtown is a good place to stay. Lots of good bars and restaurants down there. Otherwise over on Reserve street there is a plethora of hotels (HI Express, Staybridge Suites, Hilton Garden, etc.) right off the interstate. It's less than a 10 minute drive to the stadium jumping back on the interstate. There are a bunch of chain and local restaurants right there also.

td577
11-21-2014, 12:43 AM
ESPN is confusing me a lot. There are times I am thinking they want to latch on to FCS and promote it. Then there are other times FCS seems to disappear from their radar. I have been in the camp that has been saying let's see what ESPN has in store for FCS because they can make it a viable product. It seems they are still in the stage of sticking their toes in the water. They latch on when there is no other alternative and then wait and see what the response will be. I do think they want to see what happens with the rest of college football and they do have a stake and voice in that, as well. What is their marketing plan? Is it NDSU? Is it FCS? Is this just their attempt to make sure FCS stays relevant so when the hammer drops on everyone else when moves are made, the FCS schools aren't an unknown entity? I think it is probably a combination of all of that. ESPN wants the FCS to succeed. We provide quality, meaningful football for the month of December when everyone else is waiting for the games that matter to them, i.e. New Years and beyond bowls. I think it is in their best interest to keep pushing the brand and capturing the next to die hard fans. The die hard football fans will watch high school football on Midco, if that is their only option. ESPN can bring in that next level of almost die hard fans who would rather watch good football than those Canadian twins buying, selling, and fixing up house on HGTV. They just have to be told it is good football and ESPN is there to tell them. Maybe Georgetown will quit trying to get an exemption to go D2.

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 12:53 AM
ESPN released this info...NDSU just ran with it.

We should have agreed with stip that info wasn't released til next week. Hope this isn't Weber rerun!

Rockbear99
11-21-2014, 12:53 AM
I have family in Butte and they have never met the wife and kid so maybe a mini vaca is in order. Plus then I can get a whop chop at the Freeway Bar in Butte. Only a couple blocks from my Aunts house.

mgbison
11-21-2014, 01:11 AM
I was deciding between Holiday Inn downtown and Doubletree. After seeing some on here are going Holiday Inn, I booked there. Its gonna be a blast!

FFBison
11-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Five at the DoubleTree and five at the University Comfort. Boom! So Excited!

DoubleTree was out of rooms this morning...ended up at a Hampton.

THEsocalledfan
11-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Just booked Staybridge Suites. Used a trick I know to buy 10,000 IGH points at 0.7 cpp to top off my account to have enough to book. Of course, I then remembered I could have transferred 2K chase UR points which would have been smarter since I only needed 2K more, and free.... :facepalm:

Jay
11-21-2014, 01:26 AM
Just booked Staybridge Suites. Used a trick I know to buy 10,000 IGH points at 0.7 cpp to top off my account to have enough to book. Of course, I then remembered I could have transferred 2K chase UR points which would have been smarter since I only needed 2K more, and free.... :facepalm:

Yeah, but is their stadium big enough?

THEsocalledfan
11-21-2014, 01:27 AM
Yeah, but is their stadium big enough?

Yep; wish we had that size in Fargo.

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Yep; wish we had that size in Fargo.

Booked HOLINN for full price😣, but it will be well worth it. Those Bastards deserve to make money like the rest of us! That said, what a way to make next year fun off the go of 4peatting!!

SoCalBison
11-21-2014, 03:51 AM
My wife will be bummed by td577's comments that the twins selling Canadian real estate aren't as interesting as Bison football (she has never believed me when I say it either).

In any event, this is HUGE! Really looking forward to Aug. 29, 2015!

tojo70
11-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Looks like the Holiday Inn Downtown is booked

56BISON73
11-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Looks like the Holiday Inn Downtown is booked

Try the Sleep Inn. Booked there last night.

tojo70
11-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Try the Sleep Inn. Booked there last night.
No, I'm good. Got three rooms at the Staybridge Suites. Just informing people. If you're even thinking about going, I would book rooms now. You can always cancel them later.

Answer Guy
11-22-2014, 01:51 AM
this is HUGE!

You sound just like your mother sometimes.

bisonfanette
11-22-2014, 05:05 AM
Well I was going to wait until after the game, but you guys are making plans... so I have a question.
I booked rooms at the Holiday Inn downtown for $142/nite. (Ppl who booked later said the price was higher than that.) The Holiday Inn said that the "team" inquired about staying there, but they have a large "event" coming in & would be booked. Then just for fun, I ck'd with the Comfort Inn (on the river) closest to the stadium/campus, & they said we could have a block of rooms for a reduced rate of $119/nite. Now I know that some of you would like a 4-5 star hotel... but for others, it may be an option? I did say yes, & booked a block of 25 rooms... and I can cancel this whole idea tomorrow if it's not a good idea? There is no financial responsibility to me. Right now, the block is under Bison Fan Group. Aug. 28th & 29th. No you don't have to stay 2 nites. 1-406-549-7600. Missoulacomfort.com or Comfortinn university are 2 sites to view. Yes, we can increase the block if need be. Your thoughts? (They too were quoting a price of $149. or so, & now I see that some rooms have been taken in the block... will ck on this Sunday, AFTER focusing on Youngstown!!!)

Nel360
11-22-2014, 10:45 AM
I got two rooms there on Wednesday. Same price $119

bisonfanette
11-23-2014, 04:50 AM
I got two rooms there on Wednesday. Same price $119

We need to FOCUS ON PLAYOFFS, but I just called to see what their "normal" room rate is for Aug. 28th-29th & the Mgr said $199/nite for that wknd, due to a home fb game. So I asked about the block, & she said yes, $119. is the rate for those who ask to be included in the "block" of rooms for Bison Fans. BACK TO FOCUSING ON PLAYOFFS!

thundarsdaddy
11-23-2014, 09:33 AM
We need to FOCUS ON PLAYOFFS, but I just called to see what their "normal" room rate is for Aug. 28th-29th & the Mgr said $199/nite for that wknd, due to a home fb game. So I asked about the block, & she said yes, $119. is the rate for those who ask to be included in the "block" of rooms for Bison Fans. BACK TO FOCUSING ON PLAYOFFS!

WE are going BF...

bisonfanette
11-23-2014, 01:45 PM
WE are going BF...

Definitely, Absolutely, Positively, Most Certainly, You Are Going!!!

FFBison
11-24-2014, 02:54 AM
Well I was going to wait until after the game, but you guys are making plans... so I have a question.
I booked rooms at the Holiday Inn downtown for $142/nite. (Ppl who booked later said the price was higher than that.) The Holiday Inn said that the "team" inquired about staying there, but they have a large "event" coming in & would be booked. Then just for fun, I ck'd with the Comfort Inn (on the river) closest to the stadium/campus, & they said we could have a block of rooms for a reduced rate of $119/nite. Now I know that some of you would like a 4-5 star hotel... but for others, it may be an option? I did say yes, & booked a block of 25 rooms... and I can cancel this whole idea tomorrow if it's not a good idea? There is no financial responsibility to me. Right now, the block is under Bison Fan Group. Aug. 28th & 29th. No you don't have to stay 2 nites. 1-406-549-7600. Missoulacomfort.com or Comfortinn university are 2 sites to view. Yes, we can increase the block if need be. Your thoughts? (They too were quoting a price of $149. or so, & now I see that some rooms have been taken in the block... will ck on this Sunday, AFTER focusing on Youngstown!!!)

Thanks BF!! Just called to grab a room as I had reserved at the Hampton about 3 miles away from the stadium for about $30 more each night. And it looks like there's a walking bridge right by this hotel to get across the river and over to the stadium. Perfect!

bisonfanette
11-24-2014, 03:24 AM
And it looks like there's a walking bridge right by this hotel to get across the river and over to the stadium. Perfect!

Yes! Should be convienent. The regular rate (now) is $199. so the "block rate" of $119. is gd!

bisonfanette
01-24-2015, 11:49 PM
Here is the thread that was started before Frisco with some hotel information.

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2015, 12:02 AM
I got the Red Lion for $118 a night. Might even try to hoof it, doesn't seem terribly far.

IzzyFlexion
01-25-2015, 01:23 PM
Priceline showing $62 for Friday.
2-star level. Super 8 type level.

bandit218
01-25-2015, 02:24 PM
I got the Red Lion for $118 a night. Might even try to hoof it, doesn't seem terribly far.

About a 15-20 minute walk. There's a walking trail that goes all the way along the river to the U.

bisonfanette
03-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Thanks BF!! Just called to grab a room as I had reserved at the Hampton about 3 miles away from the stadium for about $30 more each night. And it looks like there's a walking bridge right by this hotel to get across the river and over to the stadium. Perfect!

Just a reminder, that if any of you would like a room in Missoula - Comfort Inn - Closest to the stadium on the river, I have a block of 25 rooms at $119./nite. The group is listed as "BISON FANS."

A1pigskin
03-29-2015, 08:32 PM

lol..............................

thebootfitter
03-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Just a reminder, that if any of you would like a room in Missoula - Comfort Inn - Closest to the stadium on the river, I have a block of 25 rooms at $119./nite. The group is listed as "BISON FANS."

Thanks, Fanette! Booked!

HerdBoy
04-08-2015, 04:09 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=813880

Thundering Herd
04-08-2015, 11:16 AM
If anyone makes it up to whitefish/kalispell, the owner of the subway resteraunts is an NDSU alum from killdeer.

runtheoption
04-08-2015, 04:54 PM
If anyone makes it up to whitefish/kalispell, the owner of the subway resteraunts is an NDSU alum from killdeer.So is the owner of the Subways in Dickinson (from Regent), and a different owner of the Subways in Minot (from Minot...he might own the ones in Bismarck too). So, eat at Subway as you travel west to Missoula.

Gully
04-09-2015, 05:32 PM
So is the owner of the Subways in Dickinson (from Regent), and a different owner of the Subways in Minot (from Minot...he might own the ones in Bismarck too). So, eat at Subway as you travel west to Missoula.

Who owns the subway's in Tappen and Bowbells?

runtheoption
04-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Who owns the subway's in Tappen and Bowbells?Randy K. and Dennis G.