PDA

View Full Version : FCS Selection Show

Pages : [1] 2

gumby013
11-17-2014, 01:42 AM
Just a reminder to everyone.

The FCS selection show is Sunday, November 23rd. 10am on ESPNU.

Set your DVRs.

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Good I hope our new AD was versed well on home game PO bidding!!

CS SELECTION SHOW
The journey to hoist the trophy begins this Sunday, November 23 at 11 a.m. ET on ESPNU as 24 teams begin the march to Frisco. Watch as the FCS bracket is announced and see if the NCAA Division I Football Championship could be headed to your town. Not only will the teams be selected, but the first and second round sites will also be announced.
Tune in and purchase tickets to all rounds of the championship atNCAA.com/FCS (http://ncaa.com/FCS).

Bisonator98
11-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Good I hope our new AD was versed well on home game PO bidding!!

CS SELECTION SHOW
The journey to hoist the trophy begins this Sunday, November 23 at 11 a.m. ET on ESPNU as 24 teams begin the march to Frisco. Watch as the FCS bracket is announced and see if the NCAA Division I Football Championship could be headed to your town. Not only will the teams be selected, but the first and second round sites will also be announced.
Tune in and purchase tickets to all rounds of the championship atNCAA.com/FCS (http://ncaa.com/FCS).

So you don't think we are a top 2 seed?:confused:

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 05:19 PM
So you don't think we are a top 2 seed?:confused:

I thought we still had to be sure to bid the minimum amount or better?!?!

Bisonator98
11-21-2014, 05:30 PM
I thought we still had to be sure to bid the minimum amount or better?!?!

Well yes the minimum bids will be placed I'm sure. Thought you were talking like we wouldn't be a top seed. My bad.

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Well yes the minimum bids will be placed I'm sure. Thought you were talking like we wouldn't be a top seed. My bad.

I hope that's not the case. Also, I thought I remember that if two seeded teams play, the higher bidder gets the game. I also recall that some AD out there, maybe GSU's screwed the pooch one year and missed out on home game. ???????

1998braves64
11-21-2014, 05:36 PM
I think GSU got screwed or the one you're thinking of is that the opposing team went all in on a bid (at a major loss) and GSU wasn't expecting them to do that or something of that nature. Think the team that got screwed ended up winning anyway? Was that in 2011?

Bisonator98
11-21-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure the top 2 seeds are guaranteed home games as long as they submit the minimum bids.

56BISON73
11-21-2014, 05:44 PM
I hope that's not the case. Also, I thought I remember that if two seeded teams play, the higher bidder gets the game. I also recall that some AD out there, maybe GSU's screwed the pooch one year and missed out on home game. ???????

He forgot to put in a bid.

Bisonfan1
11-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Think I will watch the selection show, and DVR the Bison Football Show. Or try and watch 2 TV's at same time :D

bisonboone11
11-21-2014, 05:47 PM

I don't think so unless it has changed recently. Every higher ranked team has had home field going back to at least 2010. In 2011, #1 SHSU and #4 Montana played, with SHSU being the home team. I'm pretty sure Montana would've outbid SHSU if that was the case at that time.

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the top 2 seeds are guaranteed home games as long as they submit the minimum bids.

I'm a bit puzzled then as to why GT seemed to always put in a much higher bid than minimum. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out how this works again.

BisonNation11
11-21-2014, 05:57 PM
To save everyone a lot of searching and needless reading... :biggrin:

CRITERIA – PRELIMINARY ROUND SITE SELECTION
With regard to first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw
31.1.3.2.1, the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria
when selecting playoff sites:
1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75
percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
First round—$30,000
Second round—$40,000
Quarterfinals—$50,000
Semifinals—$60,000
2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top eight
seeded teams.
3. When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as
follows: (1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and
potential, (4) team’s performance (e.g., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division
I opponents), and (5) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time).
4. If a second-round, quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions
involved did not submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the
opportunity to submit a bid at the current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not
involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection
criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
5. If no institution is willing to submit a proposed budget at the current level, the previous round’s minimum
financial guarantee will be offered. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host
institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
6. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host
institution.

tony
11-21-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm a bit puzzled then as to why GT seemed to always put in a much higher bid than minimum. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out how this works again.

Teams have already submitted their guarantees so NDSU will have gone over the minimum in case they aren't a 1 or 2 seed.

It'd take pretty big ones to gamble on bidding the minimum.

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Can someone smarter than me tell me what exactly this means?

1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75
First round—$30,000
Second round—$40,000
Quarterfinals—$50,000
Semifinals—$60,000
2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top eight
seeded teams.

Does it mean you have to submit a bid that is 75% of game budget, meaning a 75% sellout crowd at NDSU produces a much higher bid than the minimums? Also, this doesn't seem to reflect that the higher seed automatically gets the game if other seeded teams bids higher.

I'm effing terrible with numbers (and computers/Iphones) btw and in case not obvious!!:(

gotts
11-21-2014, 06:05 PM

First round—$30,000
Second round—$40,000
Quarterfinals—$50,000
Semifinals—$60,000
seeded teams.

You have to guarantee at least that dollar amount, whether through 75% of net receipts or out of pocket.

You're eligible to host as long as you meet the minimum bids for each round. If you're a seed and bid at least the minimum, you host a 2nd round game.

If you play another seed, the better seed hosts the game as long as the minimum is met.

EDIT: if I remember correctly, the amount that is paid is the greater of 75% of net receipts or the host institution's bid guarantee.

Bisonator98
11-21-2014, 06:06 PM

First round—$30,000
Second round—$40,000
Quarterfinals—$50,000
Semifinals—$60,000
seeded teams.

Does it mean you have to submit a bid that is 75% of game budget, meaning a 75% sellout crowd at NDSU produces a much higher bid than the minimums? Also, this doesn't seem to reflect that the higher seed automatically gets the game if other seeded teams bids higher.

I'm effing terrible with numbers (and computers/Iphones) btw and in case not obvious!!:(

Come on CAS you're a lawyer and you can't figure that out???? :facepalm:

bisonaudit
11-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Teams have already submitted their guarantees so NDSU will have gone over the minimum in case they aren't a 1 or 2 seed.

It'd take pretty big ones to gamble on bidding the minimum.

Also, it isn't as if, if you 'win' you only pay what you bid. The bid is a guarantee to the NCAA, if you take in more $$$ than that the NCAA continues to take their slice so the floor for an NDSU bid shouldn't be the minimum NCAA requirement it should be based on the NCAA's share of the minimum amount you think you're going to earn on the game.

56BISON73
11-21-2014, 06:07 PM

First round—$30,000
Second round—$40,000
Quarterfinals—$50,000
Semifinals—$60,000
seeded teams.

The numbers shown are minimums. But you have to show 75% of the projected revenue for the game. Because thats what the NCAA takes. Thats my best guess.

tony
11-21-2014, 06:11 PM

We need Hammersmith back.

1. Pretty sure that the 75% of estimated net receipts is just a general estimate used to establish the minimum guarantees. What the NCAA will take is a different deal altogether.
2. If all top 8 seeds supply the minimum guarantee, then the top 8 seeds will host in the second round (the round of 16.) If one of the seeded team's guarantee is under the minimum, then it's not automatic that they'll get to host.

KSBisonFan
11-21-2014, 06:12 PM

1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
First round—$30,000
Second round—$40,000
Quarterfinals—$50,000
Semifinals—$60,000
seeded teams.

"75% of net receipts" meaning ticket sales, parking, concessions?????? I'm probably dumber than CAS but not quite as dumb as Gabe so help me out here people.

CAS4127
11-21-2014, 06:15 PM
You have to guarantee at least that dollar amount, whether through 75% of net receipts or out of pocket.

You're eligible to host as long as you meet the minimum bids for each round. If you're a seed and bid at least the minimum, you host a 2nd round game.

If you play another seed, the better seed hosts the game as long as the minimum is met.

EDIT: if I remember correctly, the amount that is paid is the greater of 75% of net receipts or the host institution's bid guarantee.

Ahhh, I see. They should just say it that way!!

Come on CAS you're a lawyer and you can't figure that out???? :facepalm:

Does it help that I am very good at dividing by 3? As in 1/3 of $300K is $100K? :biggrin:

Also, it isn't as if, if you 'win' you only pay what you bid. The bid is a guarantee to the NCAA, if you take in more $$$ than that the NCAA continues to take their slice so the floor for an NDSU bid shouldn't be the minimum NCAA requirement it should be based on the NCAA's share of the minimum amount you think you're going to earn on the game.

Thanks, that refreshes my memory of reading about the total we have paid per game compared to minimum/actual bid submitted.

The good thing about this discussion this time is that it seems to have taken us much less time than in past years. Experience will result in that!!:biggrin:

Bison Loaf
11-21-2014, 06:29 PM
"75% of net receipts" meaning ticket sales, parking, concessions?????? I'm probably dumber than CAS but not quite as dumb as Gabe so help me out here people.

It's always dicey attempting to decipher NCAA-speak but I would read it this way: Net receipts - Anything that NDSU would have left over to "put in the bank" after paying everyone else for services (FargoDome, or whoever else gets fees). Of THAT amount, then, hand over 75% to the NCAA and keep 25%. If that 75% to the NCAA isn't higher than the minimum listed above, you're screwed.

Mayville Bison
11-21-2014, 06:36 PM

First round—$30,000
Second round—$40,000
Quarterfinals—$50,000
Semifinals—$60,000
seeded teams.

As Tony mentioned, bids have already been submitted even though teams don't know where they will be. Back in 2011, JMU (with an average attendance of 25k) had to go travel to EKU (average attendance of 7k) because JMU bid low and EKU bid high. 2010 is where GSU didn't submit a quarters bid and had to go to Wofford (both teams were unseeded).

Teams that are eventually seeded will put in their bids just in case they lose a couple at the end and end up playing in round 1. As long as they bid the minimum for each round as a seeded team, the highest seed playing will host their game. If two unseeded teams play in the quarters or semis, the bids they put in 2 months prior will determine who gets to host - meaning they don't know who they would play against so their bids better be decent if they want a chance of hosting later on.

I know you knew most of that and were asking about the confusing 75%/minimum garbage, but I thought I'd post it for those who aren't aware.

Bisonator98
11-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Ahhh, I see. They should just say it that way!!

Does it help that I am very good at dividing by 3? As in 1/3 of $300K is $100K? :biggrin:

Thanks, that refreshes my memory of reading about the total we have paid per game compared to minimum/actual bid submitted.

The good thing about this discussion this time is that it seems to have taken us much less time than in past years. Experience will result in that!!:biggrin:

Well I figured if a lawyer couldn't figure it out how is anybody else supposed to..... :biggrin:

Bison Loaf
11-21-2014, 07:32 PM

1. Pretty sure that the 75% of estimated net receipts is just a general estimate used to establish the minimum guarantees. What the NCAA will take is a different deal altogether.

That is my understanding also.

Once the "estimated bid" at least meets the minimum listed criteria and the game is awarded to a host, the ultimate payout becomes 75% of the ACTUAL net receipts of the game itself that the NCAA will take, whatever that ends up being. If the 75% of ACTUAL net game receipts should end up NOT meeting the minimum submitted by the host for that game, for whatever reason, host will need to pay NCAA the minimum bid that the host actually put in for - not necessarily the 30, 40, 50 or 60K listed in the criteria, but almost certainly much more.

So, you still wouldn't want to overbid and somehow get stuck with a minimum that actual receipts would not support (say, for example, a huge "Buffalo-like" snow storm in Fargo - pardon the pun - that somehow drastically lowered ticket sales). But, for a school like NDSU, you'd definitely want to bid what you should realistically be able to do. In other words, for NDSU, no reason to "low-ball" and WIN the bid - NCAA's going to get 75% of the receipts anyway - all you can do by low-balling is lose hosting a game (and your own potential 25% for that home game).

That's my overall understanding, anyway. Yes?

NDSUstudent
11-21-2014, 07:40 PM
It was interesting listening to former Montana AD Jim O'Day talk about the playoffs. He said after the NCAA took their cut and Montana paid their bills, they walked away with $30k per home game. He said a home game vs Montana State in regular season was a $1 million game.

He talked about when Montana went to the title game the Griz paid 1/3 of the total FCS playoff cost via their home games. Kind of crazy when you think about just how much the NCAA is taking. You can listen to all of his thoughts on the FCS wedge...His interview is towards the end of the show...http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ags-radio-show/2014/11/15/the-fcs-wedge--11152014

CyPanth
11-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Why don't they just require a designated amount to host each round? It isn't like they do more/less if the net is more/less than 75%. Does the NCAA make lots of money from some games by going with the net 75% stipulation? In other words, does the NCAA rake in more money than the minimum from you because you guys pack the house and pay premium ticket prices (whereas they probably only get the minimum from UNI which probably won't pack the house and probably will have cheaper ticket prices)?

CyPanth
11-21-2014, 07:56 PM
It was interesting listening to former Montana AD Jim O'Day talk about the playoffs. He said after the NCAA took their cut and Montana paid their bills, they walked away with $30k per home game. He said a home game vs Montana State in regular season was a $1 million game.

He talked about when Montana went to the title game the Griz paid 1/3 of the total FCS playoff bid via their home games. Kind of crazy when you think about just how much the NCAA is taking. You can listen to all of his thoughts on the FCS wedge...His interview is towards the end of the show...http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ags-radio-show/2014/11/15/the-fcs-wedge--11152014

This would seem to answer my question in the previous post. Nice job answering before I even asked. Pretty sharp for a "student"!

Bison Loaf
11-21-2014, 08:03 PM

He talked about when Montana went to the title game the Griz paid 1/3 of the total FCS playoff bid via their home games. Kind of crazy when you think about just how much the NCAA is taking. You can listen to all of his thoughts on the FCS wedge...His interview is towards the end of the show...http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ags-radio-show/2014/11/15/the-fcs-wedge--11152014

Yeah, $30k seems a little low. He should know, though.

Didn't I hear once upon a time that NDSU was pocketing about $200k per playoff game, or is my memory failing me again?

westnodak93bison
11-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Yeah, $30k seems a little low. He should know, though.

Didn't I hear once upon a time that NDSU was pocketing about $200k per playoff game, or is my memory failing me again?
Seems to good to be true. Doesn't the NCAA take it?

NDSUstudent
11-21-2014, 08:42 PM

Yeah, I'm guessing we are much more in line with the Montana number.

Bison Loaf
11-21-2014, 08:48 PM

Yeah, I'm guessing we are much more in line with the Montana number.

Probably right. Like I say, memory is the first to go, especially with all the "west lotting" I've been doing with all those playoff games the last 3 years. :biggrin:

Probably that number I'm thinking of was the net, and NCAA gets $150k of that and NDSU gets $50k. Sound more plausible?

NorthernBison
11-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Why don't they just require a designated amount to host each round? It isn't like they do more/less if the net is more/less than 75%. Does the NCAA make lots of money from some games by going with the net 75% stipulation? In other words, does the NCAA rake in more money than the minimum from you because you guys pack the house and pay premium ticket prices (whereas they probably only get the minimum from UNI which probably won't pack the house and probably will have cheaper ticket prices)?
I remember Gene Taylor talking about the logistics and numbers. The NCAA has a very specific list of things that the host can include as their "costs" and even those have limits. There are some things that cost NDSU money during home playoff games that come directly out of the NDSU share. For a sold out Fargodome, the payout to the NCAA is a LOT more than any of the minimum bids. The same would be true for games in Missoula and any other venue that has crowds of similar size.

Mayville Bison
11-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Probably right. Like I say, memory is the first to go, especially with all the "west lotting" I've been doing with all those playoff games the last 3 years. :biggrin:

Probably that number I'm thinking of was the net, and NCAA gets $150k of that and NDSU gets $50k. Sound more plausible?

I think you are thinking if the net of the three games. I thought I remember hearing 250k for all 3 postseason games

CyPanth
11-22-2014, 12:28 PM
I remember Gene Taylor talking about the logistics and numbers. The NCAA has a very specific list of things that the host can include as their "costs" and even those have limits. There are some things that cost NDSU money during home playoff games that come directly out of the NDSU share. For a sold out Fargodome, the payout to the NCAA is a LOT more than any of the minimum bids. The same would be true for games in Missoula and any other venue that has crowds of similar size.

Win/Bigger Win for the NCAA with no risk. Must be nice to run a cartel.

HerdBot
11-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Win/Bigger Win for the NCAA with no risk. Must be nice to run a cartel.

If you guys could actually sell out a playoff game, you could have a cartel too. I seem to remember a tiny crowd last time you hosted a playoff game. Didn't you lose to Lehigh at home? Or do your fans only sell out vs ndsu and rush the field vs ndsu?

NDSU92
11-22-2014, 12:42 PM
If you guys could actually sell out a playoff game, you could have a cartel too. I seem to remember a tiny crowd last time you hosted a playoff game. Didn't you lose to Lehigh at home? Or do your fans only sell out vs ndsu and rush the field vs ndsu?

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the NCAA with the racket comment. Stand down Herdbot

56BISON73
11-22-2014, 12:48 PM
:eeek::eeek::eeek::eek::fight:

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2014, 12:50 PM

:facepalm:

Take a step back....

gumby013
11-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Top 4 seeds will be announced at 9:30 on the NCAA FCS twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/ncaa_fcs

FFBison
11-23-2014, 02:20 PM
In other news, church attendance takes a big hit in the Fargo area.

Schwarz04
11-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know of a stream to the selection show?

westnodak93bison
11-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know of a stream to the selection show?
Same question here

gumby013
11-23-2014, 02:31 PM
NDSU, New Hampshire, Jacksonville State, Eastern Washington

No specific order...

oldmantutters
11-23-2014, 02:32 PM
NDSU, New Hampshite, Jacksonville State, Eastern Washington

No specific order...
I would guess reverse order they were announced.
1. NDSU
2. UNH
3. JSU
4. Ewwwwwww

westnodak93bison
11-23-2014, 02:33 PM
I said it yesterday. Should have scored another td

tony
11-23-2014, 02:35 PM
I would guess reverse order they were announced.
1. NDSU
2. UNH
3. JSU
4. Ewwwwwww

Winner.

Also the show should be on ncaa.com.

90 BISON
11-23-2014, 02:45 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2014-09-26/2014-fall-championships-selections

Looks like ncaa.com will not show the selection show, according to ncaa.com.

bri-dog
11-23-2014, 02:48 PM
It's listed under "Upcoming" on ESPN3...

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 02:48 PM
just put EWU on NDSU's side of the bracket. Plleeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeeee

90 BISON
11-23-2014, 02:49 PM
It's listed under "Upcoming" on ESPN3...

Linky please!

bri-dog
11-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Linky please!

Oops, never mind -- my eyes aren't fully open yet. I misread the ESPNU logo for the ESPN3 logo.

My bad....

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 02:53 PM
I wonder how hilariously yet embarrassingly poorly produced and researched this show will be this year?

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

90 BISON
11-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Is there any way to watch the selection show online?

BYZEN
11-23-2014, 02:54 PM
I wonder how hilariously yet embarrassingly poorly produced and researched this show will be this year?

Can it be any WORSE than last year???:facepalm2:

DomeFieldAdvantage
11-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Winner.

Also the show should be on ncaa.com.

Looks like they were released in alphabetical order on twitter, but also looks very possible to be the order from 4 to 1? Not that it matters but if the Bison get the 1, would like to see UNI get the 7 or at least in the opposite bracket. Let's see if both teams can take care of business over the next month & play in Frisco!

Bison bison
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs/

JDZ
Is there any way to stream a radio broadcast of the selection show on my phone while I drive this morning?

NovaBison
11-23-2014, 02:56 PM

My guess is that Jay Walker will do absolutely horrible as ESPNs "FCS Expert"

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 02:57 PM
brings me to ncaa.com, cheater

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Here we go!

DomeFieldAdvantage
11-23-2014, 03:00 PM
My guess is that Jay Walker will do absolutely horrible as ESPNs "FCS Expert"

Agreed! He has good knowledge of about 4-6 east coast teams, but really lacks overall FCS knowledge!

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 03:01 PM
adorable watch party UNI has going on

Bison03
Great shot of the UNI-Dump!

bisonfanette
the streak busters....blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 03:02 PM
NDSU 2nd seed

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 03:02 PM
NDSU a #2 seed....

Bison bison
11-23-2014, 03:03 PM

Wow. the brackets been up for an hour on ncaa.com? Just like the last couple years?

Bison03
#2. All roads go through Fargo.

JMB
Ha we get homefield advantage and they disrespect us!

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 03:04 PM
son of a bitch EWU doesnt come to fargo again

bisonmike2
Kinda shocked we got the 2 seed.

onbison09
:rofl: Not surprised

BisonNation11
Disrespect. Use it boys

NDSUstudent
1. NH
2. NDSU
3. JSU
4. EWU
5. Illinois State
6. Nova
7. CCU
8. Chattanooga

tony
11-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Yay ComCast. ESPNU was working fine until the 10:59, now the channel will be available shortly.

Bison bison
1. NH
2. NDSU
3. JSU
4. EWU
5. Illinois State
6. Nova
7. CCU
8. Chattanooga

bisonmike2
UNI not getting a top 8 seed is ridiculous.

onbison09
:rofl: Chatty at 8

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah trees!!!

JMB
11-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Sacred Heart - Thank God we aren't on NDSU's side...

Wow Indiana St.

onbison09
11-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Also avoid UNI

bisonmike2
Tough break for Illinois State.

bisonpride4ever
Wow that bracket is crazy

jimmyptubas
Now the question is who do we want to play after the bye

Bison bison
Hah! NCAA pulled the bracket!

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Bracket so far...

Sacred Heart-Fordham at 1. UNH
ISUB-EKU at 8. Chatty

SFA-UNI at 5. Illinois State
San Diego-Montana at 4. EWU

bisonpride4ever
Cue us playing either SDSU or Montana St

Bison bison
We will.////////////////

MNLonghorn10
"saturday that is one than less week from today"

jimmyptubas
11-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Indiana state in?
That surprises me

Bison03
11-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Illinois St, UNI, E. Washington, Montana all on the opposite side of the bracket....I like that!!

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 03:13 PM
What a meat grinder of a bracket!

ndsubison1
11-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Looking like Sdsu-Montana St.

JSU scares me for some reason. Theyre balanced.

JMB
11-23-2014, 03:14 PM
I wonder what the bracket would have looked like if CCU wouldn't have lost? Would we be a #3?

bisonboone11
11-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Makes me wonder if we would've been #2 if CCU hadn't lost yesterday.

bisonboone11
11-23-2014, 03:15 PM
I wonder what the bracket would have looked like if CCU wouldn't have lost? Would we be a #3?
Beat me to it...

JMB
11-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Sam Houston St and SE Louis? Aren't they in the same conference?

Bison bison
Looking like Sdsu-Montana St.

JSU scares me for some reason. Theyre balanced.

Guys the bracket was us up on ncaa.com. We will be playing SDSU-MSU.

oldmantutters
I think we would have still been 2 seed

ndsubison1
11-23-2014, 03:17 PM

Shhhhhhh let me watch the show

RonMexico

IF they don't play each other in the regular season they can play in the playoffs.

NDSUstudent
The Bracket....

ISUB-EKU at 8. Chatty

SELA-SHSU at 3. Jax State
Liberty-JMU at 6. Nova

Morgan State-Richmond at 7. CCU
SDSU-Montana State at 2. NDSU

jimmyptubas
I hope we know soon what days we have games

marenlee
I think we would have still been 2 seed

Doesn't happen until the Quarters I believe.

ndsubison1
11-23-2014, 03:18 PM

They didnt play

bisonpride4ever
Regionalization wins the day.

marenlee
Our side of the bracket seems much much easier than the other side.

oldmantutters
11-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Doesn't happen until the Quarters I believe.
I realized my mistake and edited my post

JMB
11-23-2014, 03:20 PM

Let me guess, you are the guy who went to "The Sixth Sense" in the movie theater, and was yelling! "Hey Bruce Willis is dead, I saw the movie last week!" :)

Bison Loaf
The Bracket....

ISUB-EKU at 8. Chatty

SELA-SHSU at 3. Jax State
Liberty-JMU at 6. Nova

Morgan State-Richmond at 7. CCU
SDSU-Montana State at 2. NDSU

Doubt they can get by the Jacks, but……c'mon Montana State! A reckoning awaits you in Fargo!

bisonfanette
I hope we know soon what days we have games

Dec. 6th. Dec. 12 or 13

gumby013
11-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Craig Pohl... - Jay Walker

bri-dog
11-23-2014, 03:24 PM

LOL -- that's what I thought I heard...

tony
Go Monstana State! <--- spelling intentional

bisonfanette
Extremely loud, extremely cold, no where to run, no where to hide.... (ha... I like that!)

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Jay Walker played for the Vikings. He did?

90 BISON
11-23-2014, 03:26 PM
So SDSU has to play us again...interesting!

Bison bison
11-23-2014, 03:26 PM
The bracket is back up: http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

IBleedYellow
11-23-2014, 03:27 PM
We have an AMAZING bracket. Holy shit.

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 03:30 PM
TerryV seems kinda butthurt that the Trees made it in.

JSUBison
11-23-2014, 03:31 PM
We have an AMAZING bracket. Holy shit.

I know right, it's like they said, "NDSU we are sorry for disrespecting you in not giving you the #1 seed, please take this easy bracket as condolences."

G_Funky
11-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Is there some unionized reason behind the valley teams in the 1st round being paired up with a potential matchup with another valley team in the 2nd round?

bisonboone11
11-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Is there some unionized reason behind the valley teams in the 1st round being paired up with a potential matchup with another valley team in the 2nd round?
Limiting travel costs. (Regionalization)

344Johnson
Coastal Carolina's coach is such a fucking G.

onbison09
I know right, it's like they said, "NDSU we are sorry for disrespecting you in not giving you the #1 seed, please take this easy bracket as condolences."
I don't think it's easy but I'd rather be on this side.

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 03:33 PM
no wonder coastal go owned in the brackets...they ran 3 plays all year according to their highlights

pucknut9

No kidding.

IBleedYellow

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

gumby013

I fully expect him to be hired away this off-season. I think he'd do a good of changing the Michigan culture.

Prime Power
11-23-2014, 03:34 PM
I really like CC head coach.

Bison03
11-23-2014, 03:34 PM

There are 5 Valley teams in the playoffs, 2 got seeded. It was a pretty good chance it would happen. E Wash could play Montana in the 2nd round. Who cares. Just keep winning no matter who we play.

MN_Moose
11-23-2014, 03:35 PM

You'd think he could afford a better rug

344Johnson
11-23-2014, 03:35 PM
I fully expect him to be hired away this off-season. I think he'd do a good of changing the Michigan culture.

I hope not.

CAS4127
11-23-2014, 03:36 PM
What conference and what city are San Diego in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marenlee
11-23-2014, 03:37 PM

Not sure if serious. Pioneer League. I'm probably the only one here that has ever been to a game there. That was also when Jim Harbaugh was coaching there.

bisonpride4ever
"I think Vernon Adams is the best player in the FCS"....shows highlight of backup QB throwing TD. Can't make it up loool

Bisonguy

Sometimes it can be a concession for getting more teams in, but ISU blue can't face another MVFC opponent until the semis. Usually it's just the result of regionalization of the bracket.

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 03:39 PM
"I think Vernon Adams is the best player in the FCS"....shows highlight of backup QB throwing TD. Can't make it up loool

he is!! he throws for 9 td's a game vs horrible defenses week in week out!

CAS4127
Not sure if serious. Pioneer League. I'm probably the only one here that has ever been to a game there. That was also when Jim Harbaugh was coaching there.

Actually was serious. Thanks.

marenlee
Surprised they gave a shoutout to Kyle Emannuel.

IBleedYellow
11-23-2014, 03:41 PM
I really want to see the Bobcats win, but I have a feeling SDSU will smoke them next weekend.

BisonTeacher
11-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Wow. 5mvfc teams.
I like the bracket. Montana state? Karma.
Coastal carolinas coach has a really bad rug.

DomeFieldAdvantage
11-23-2014, 03:43 PM

Just had the Townsend (Towson) reference also! At least they have BIZON right, finally!

G_Funky
11-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Sometimes it can be a concession for getting more teams in, but ISU blue can't face another MVFC opponent until the semis. Usually it's just the result of regionalization of the bracket.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking - okay you can have the most teams in the playoffs but you all have to play each other early (except ISUb - the worst of the 5 in)

I get the regionalization thing...makes sense. Oh well...let's roll

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 03:44 PM
robert hill-unh had a better loss vs FBS team compared to NDSU's road loss to UNI.

lol. joke.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Dumb reasoning why we're #2 by the chairman. But I can't complain about our bracket.

Hammerhead
11-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Loved the comment after the seedings were announced that 7 of 8 teams had finalists for the FCS version of the Heisman and the playoffs are all about the star players. The 3-time defending champs didn't have one of those finalists and I don't think we've ever had one.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Yep NDSU was #2 because they had the most recent loss. I like our bracket but that is some poor logic.

MontBison
11-23-2014, 03:48 PM
I love the fact we're #2. I hope it pisses off our players even more

344Johnson
11-23-2014, 03:50 PM
I love the fact we're #2. I hope it pisses off our players even more

Why the heck would they be upset? 3 weeks ago or whatever they got pounded, and despite that, they get to play at home the whole way to Texas.

Bison 4 Life
11-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Loved the comment after the seedings were announced that 7 of 8 teams had finalists for the FCS version of the Heisman and the playoffs are all about the star players. The 3-time defending champs didn't have one of those finalists and I don't think we've ever had one.

That's all Jay Walker knows so that means something.

bisonmike2
11-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Yep NDSU was #2 because they had the most recent loss. I like our bracket but that is some poor logic.

This was me the whole time that FCS committee chair was explaining why UNH got the 1 over us.
http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

Whatever dude. I like our bracket though.

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Sounds like Coastal wasn't going to be top 2.

onbison09
11-23-2014, 03:55 PM
The guy in the middle knows so much more than Jay

RonMexico
11-23-2014, 03:55 PM

Well if you use the same logic they used to put NH at the 1 seed then Coastal would have had to be the 1 if they didn't lose.

PlainsBison
11-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Has the father of CC's QB complained yet, or is it a new QB and new father?

EndZoneQB
11-23-2014, 03:57 PM

Right, he definitely tip-toed around it a little bit, but he made it sound like they would have been top 4 but not top 2. As dumb as we think the NCAA is, they weren't going to lose our hosting revenue unless they absolutely needed to...and they didn't win or loss.

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 03:58 PM
This was me the whole time that FCS committee chair was explaining why UNH got the 1 over us.
http://p.fod4.com/p/media/5c597eb60b/1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

Whatever dude. I like our bracket though.
I think the other bracket would be a more fun one.

this is definitely the easier path to Frisco. Had to explain to my mother in law how UNH getting a 1 over NDSU is a sham but whatever.

Bison bison
11-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Has the father of CC's QB complained yet, or is it a new QB and new father?

same quarterback. different father.

onbison09
11-23-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm glad Jay picked against us

MNLonghorn10
i hate jay walker.

JMB
Love the OCHO reference!

Hammerhead
11-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I think Jay walker has a crush on Vernon Adams.

NDSUSR
11-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Best thing about the selection show: "Might even put one on the Ocho"

CAS4127
11-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Will someone please call Frisco and confirm the field will be in better shape for us this year?

DomeFieldAdvantage

He's butt-hurt because frickin Bethune Cookman didn't make the tourney! LOL

Binford30

The idiot picked the entire field because he couldn't pick any one team that could beat us.

bisonmike2
11-23-2014, 04:05 PM
I think Jay walker has a crush on Vernon Adams.

Idea for next years gameday sign.

"Jay Walker does butt stuff with Vernon Adams"

Wish I could find the pic, but somebody at Harvard had a sign that said, "Lou Holtz does butt stuff".

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Jay Walker is a state legislator somewhow

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 04:06 PM
The idiot picked the entire field because he couldn't pick any one team that could beat us.

pretty smart actually it's about even money, NDSU v the field. Take it as a compliment.

bisonpride4ever

Wish I could find the pic, but somebody at Harvard had a sign that said, "Lou Holtz does butt stuff".

Most people would say "Who's Vernon Adams?" And even more people would say "Who is Jay Walker?"

bisonmike2

Is that true? That actually makes perfect sense if he is a politician.

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 04:07 PM

So is Al Carlson.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 04:07 PM
@JayWalkerSky Let Jay know we accept the challenge. But Eastern Washington needs to do their part and make it to Frisco!

Hammerhead
11-23-2014, 04:09 PM
Do we have to write to ESPN again to ask for our game to be on Gameplan? All 1st and 2nd round games only on ESPN3 according to the bracket.

tony
11-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Jay Walker apparently thinks that football isn't a team sport. It's just individual stars carrying their teams on their backs.

He also seems to think that the MEAC = MVFC.

Hammerhead
11-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Walker also thought southern speed is the key to winning championship.

Bison bison
11-23-2014, 04:19 PM
I think he's an idiot.

That player comment is awful.

BisonNeil
11-23-2014, 04:20 PM
The guy in the middle knows so much more than Jay

I loved his comment about playing in the FargoDome; there is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Even after Anish said that the first 3 in and first 4 out were in no particular order, Jay Walker still said that Bethune was the first team out. :facepalm: Then Anish had to correct him... Please ESPN, pay me to be an "FCS analyst." But unfortunately, I don't have the "Former NFL Quarterback" tag in front of my name.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 04:22 PM
And I really hope they have the same broadcast team for the Championship game this year as last. Anish and the last guy were pretty good. Each of the years NDSU has been there it has been a different team. Just keep Jay Walker the hell away from Frisco this year please.

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Jay Walker's career NFL stats:

2-2 31yds 0TD's 0 ints for the Vikings.

IBleedYellow
11-23-2014, 04:25 PM
And I really hope they have the same broadcast team for the Championship game this year as last. Anish and the last guy were pretty good. Each of the years NDSU has been there it has been a different team. Just keep Jay Walker the hell away from Frisco this year please.

Herbie and Fowler!

56BISON73
11-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Jay Walker is a biased moron. Have you ever heard this booth lizard call a game? Every team from the south has that thing called speed and they play at a very high level. That is until the 4th quarter when they have had the dicks beat in to the dirt then its they have dug themselves in to a hole and havent taken advantage of opportunities etc etc etc. They need to put that idiot in the corner and feed him with a sling shot.

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 04:26 PM

no hurting in signing him to a 10 day contract.

td577
11-23-2014, 04:26 PM
A couple of thoughts. Right now, with the way the bracket is set up, even with the regional theme the committee took, they still spread the MVFC out as much as they could or as much as they had to. Either way, UNI is the only Valley team with the potential of facing more than 2 MVFC teams in the entire tournament, and if they do they are going to Frisco. Even with the meat grinder EWU has to go through, I think the only surprise seed in the semis will be Villanova. I think NDSU will take care of their business and Villanova will be coming to the dome. I am a little shocked by Indiana State being in the playoffs. Idaho State had a couple of really close games with playoff schools, but their wins were against so really suspect opponents. They swap out either of the D2 games with any FCS game and win, they are in. It should be a great lesson to them. Indiana State got in because they beat UNI and Ball State. Idaho State was left out because they beat Simon Fraser and Caldron. If they would have played Incarnate Word, they would be in.

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Jay Walker is a biased moron. Have you ever heard this booth lizard call a game? Every team from the south has that thing called speed and they play at a very high level. That is until the 4th quarter when they have had the dicks beat in to the dirt then its they have dug themselves in to a hole and havent taken advantage of opportunities etc etc etc. They need to put that idiot in the corner and feed him with a sling shot.

lmfao. Probably my favorite post from you ever, PL.

344Johnson
11-23-2014, 04:27 PM

Holy moly. Tell us how you really feel! ;)

JMB
11-23-2014, 04:29 PM

Better than Ponder!

SomeBeach
11-23-2014, 04:30 PM

He attended Howard University and was a pretty good quarterback there (hence the MEAC love) but letting his bias overshadow logic and common sense = ignorant dickhead.

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Holy moly. Tell us how you really feel! ;)

Anyone who slurps Vernon Adams butt so vociforiously is bound to catch some flack around here.

bisoningrandforks
11-23-2014, 04:34 PM
last year it was Kelly Stoeffer (sp) former Colorado St QB in the both in Frisco and he did a great job

344Johnson
11-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Anyone who slurps Vernon Adams butt so vociforiously is bound to catch some flack around here.

Yes I didn't quite understand that. It was odd.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Love how he said Adams was ripe to go all the way and he's "only a junior." *Cough* Brock *Cough* Sophomore *Cough*

Gothmog
11-23-2014, 04:42 PM
He attended Howard University and was a pretty good quarterback there (hence the MEAC love) but letting his bias overshadow logic and common sense = ignorant dickhead.

The three-time defending champs -- clearly one of the greatest teams in FCS history -- doesn't have to prove that it can beat Vernon Adams, or anyone else. Vernon Adams needs to prove that he can beat NDSU.

I found it interesting that everyone on the show seemed to avoid mentioning the score of last year's NDSU-UNH playoff game.

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 04:45 PM
The three-time defending champs -- clearly one of the greatest teams in FCS history -- doesn't have to prove that it can beat Vernon Adams, or anyone else. Vernon Adams needs to prove that he can beat NDSU.

I found it interesting that everyone on the show seemed to avoid mentioning the score of last year's NDSU-UNH playoff game.

i will say though that when EWU gets beat, Vernon Adams isn't likely to be the reason why.

EC8CH
11-23-2014, 04:45 PM

They did a combined score total of all playoff games from last year so as to not specifically embarrass any one team.

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Adams needs to prove he can win at home in the semis before NDSU has to prove anything to him

FFBison
11-23-2014, 04:48 PM
7 of the top 8 seeds have a Walter Payton award candidate...interesting! We are one herd.

NDSUstudent
11-23-2014, 04:48 PM
I don't think Adams needs to prove anything. He doesn't play defense last time I checked.

Wally
11-23-2014, 04:49 PM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jMJamUtN--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/qyqlxdg3gin0ktd7cbav.jpg

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/yale-cites-wikipedia-your-college-gameday-sign-round-1662044557

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry for the drift, but they had some great signs

MAKBison
11-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Extremely loud, extremely cold, no where to run, no where to hide.... (ha... I like that!)

winter is coming

heffray
11-23-2014, 04:51 PM
V

I was thinking this, too...

FFBison
11-23-2014, 04:54 PM

And here's the thing. They've had their chance to get a shot at us. But they couldn't get far enough up in the playoffs to meet us.

onbison09
11-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Will someone please call Frisco and confirm the field will be in better shape for us this year?

Went to an FCS Dallas game a few weeks ago and it looked good. Not sure if they're going to re-sod.

onbison09
11-23-2014, 04:58 PM

Obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhRFnUn72E

westnodak93bison
They did a combined score total of all playoff games from last year so as to not specifically embarrass any one team.
What for you expect in this politically correct world?

td577
Went to an FCS Dallas game a few weeks ago and it looked good. Not sure if they're going to re-sod.

I don't remember exactly why, but there was something about last year that they said they have to re-sod for football.

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 05:02 PM
What for you expect in this politically correct world?

Because the totals are less impressive than the score v a UNH team that isn't this year's UNH team?

MAKBison
11-23-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't remember exactly why, but there was something about last year that they said they have to re-sod for football.

they said the re sod it every year for the game. Unfortunately, a cold spell hit Texas and the sod never rooted

bisonaudit
11-23-2014, 05:04 PM
they said the re sod it every year for the game. Unfortunately, a cold spell hit Texas and the sod never rooted

That was a pretty freak situation with the weather last year. The field was great the two year's prior.

IzzyFlexion
11-23-2014, 05:11 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/are-you-kidding-me-Kevin-Malone-Brian-Baumgartner-The-Office-GIF.gif

runtheoption
11-23-2014, 05:17 PM

They are in the WCHA, and I believe San Diego is located in Amidon, ND.

bri-dog
11-23-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't think Adams needs to prove anything. He doesn't play defense last time I checked.

Neither does anyone else for EWU...

NorthernBison
11-23-2014, 05:54 PM

They have laid new sod every year before the Championship game in Frisco.

Last year was a perfect storm of problems.

Sod was laid in late November or early December and they immediately had an ice storm that covered the field with a layer of ice. Usually that's not a problem because it melts in the next day or two but this stayed because of cold weather.

Decision time: tear it up and start over or see if it takes off once the temp moderates? They guessed wrong.

StL Bison Fan
11-23-2014, 05:58 PM
They have laid new sod every year before the Championship game in Frisco.

Last year was a perfect storm of problems.

Sod was laid in late November or early December and they immediately had an ice storm that covered the field with a layer of ice. Usually that's not a problem because it melts in the next day or two but this stayed because of cold weather.

Decision time: tear it up and start over or see if it takes off once the temp moderates? They guessed wrong.
Soccer fields use a special grass where the blades will hold the ball up a little higher. Don't know if they change it because of this or if it even matters.
Newman field has/had turf designed by Ron smith for baseball.

HerdBot
11-23-2014, 09:10 PM
By chance does anyone have a you tube video of the show?

BisonNeil
11-23-2014, 11:26 PM

I have, he did the second natty game for the Bison and Sam. Everything you said here he said during the broadcast. But what really torked me was after the half when it was 10-10 he was asked what we could expect in the second half. He said some crap about southern speed and that it was clear that the NDSU Bison would not be able to handle it in the second half and Sam would pull away.

Even after the beat down was secured, the nicest thing he could say about the Bison was they were cheating when Crockett threw the half back pass to Vaadeland.

So yeah, I am not a fan.

FFBison
11-23-2014, 11:34 PM
I have, he did the second natty game for the Bison and Sam. Everything you said here he said during the broadcast. But what really torked me was after the half when it was 10-10 he was asked what we could expect in the second half. He said some crap about southern speed and that it was clear that the NDSU Bison would not be able to handle it in the second half and Sam would pull away.

Even after the beat down was secured, the nicest thing he could say about the Bison was they were cheating when Crockett threw the half back pass to Vaadeland.

So yeah, I am not a fan.

Correct...he was SOOOOOOOOOOO waiting for Flanders to bust a long run. He definitely doesn't appreciate/respect a defensive football game or defensive minded football team.

marenlee
11-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Just a thought... Maybe he's butthurt that his Bison will never amount to anything?

NovaBison
11-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Any chance we can start a drive to keep Jay Walker from covering any of our games? He is like the Lee Timmerman of ESPN

Bison 4 Life
11-24-2014, 12:33 AM
Any chance we can start a drive to keep Jay Walker from covering any of our games? He is like the Lee Timmerman of ESPN

If we can't get rid of Timmerman, we probably can't get rid of Walker.

Hammerhead
11-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Correct...he was SOOOOOOOOOOO waiting for Flanders to bust a long run. He definitely doesn't appreciate/respect a defensive football game or defensive minded football team.

I think he's just stereotyping and can't believe that white men can't run.

FFBison
11-24-2014, 12:40 AM
If we can't get rid of Timmerman, we probably can't get rid of Walker.

Timmerman can't shut up. He talks over Brian Shawn all the time. Its annoying.

Let's just get Tirico and Gruden to Fargo!

Bison Bridge Guy
11-24-2014, 12:46 AM
They are in the WCHA, and I believe San Diego is located in Amidon, ND.

Not true, San Diego is in Reeder. You were close.

westnodak93bison
11-24-2014, 12:52 AM
Timmerman can't shut up. He talks over Brian Shawn all the time. Its annoying.

Let's just get Tirico and Gruden to Fargo!
Gruden would go nuts talking about our offense. I bet he'd say "I like that guy" often

gotts
11-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Gruden would go nuts talking about our offense. I bet he'd say "I like that guy" often

"Look at this Wentz kid, runs the Spider 3 Y-Banana to perfection!"

bisonpride4ever
11-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Serpentine, son!

1998braves64
11-24-2014, 02:00 AM

Hopefully they didn't resod it just before this latest cold snap it'll be same thing all over again.

Thought they usually do it around Thanksgiving or just after when the MLS season is done to try to get a "good" field for the FCS championship game. Hopefully they learned a lesson last year and buy some field covers with the warmers in them to keep it from freezing if this lastest cold snap is hitting them.

FFBison
11-24-2014, 02:15 AM
Hopefully they didn't resod it just before this latest cold snap it'll be same thing all over again.

Thought they usually do it around Thanksgiving or just after when the MLS season is done to try to get a "good" field for the FCS championship game. Hopefully they learned a lesson last year and buy some field covers with the warmers in them to keep it from freezing if this lastest cold snap is hitting them.

They will NOT mess it up this time...guaranteed. Mayor Maso will oversee the project himself! And get the video/audio equipment checked so they don't F up the intro again!

onbison09
11-24-2014, 04:28 AM

It's not that cold. Barring something in the next couple of weeks, I think it should be fine.

FFBison
11-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Here's the Massey ratings and the % chance of victory for each of the teams by rounds in the playoffs. Wonder if the committee would place their "bets" on UNH if the line were pick em? Doubtful, but you have to put your money where your mouth is.

www.masseyratings.com/tourn.php?t=cf2014

Green1
11-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Here's the Massey ratings and the % chance of victory for each of the teams by rounds in the playoffs. Wonder if the committee would place their "bets" on UNH if the line were pick em? Doubtful, but you have to put your money where your mouth is.

www.masseyratings.com/tourn.php?t=cf2014

Ummm, link took me to Canadian Football playoff brackets.... Might want to check that.

Bison bison
11-24-2014, 03:10 PM
http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf&sub=FCS

NovaBison
11-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Ummm, link took me to Canadian Football playoff brackets.... Might want to check that.

Try this one: http://www.masseyratings.com/tourn.php?t=639

runtheoption
11-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Try this one: http://www.masseyratings.com/tourn.php?t=639 5 of the top 7 are MVFC.

Mayville Bison
11-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Gotta love Bleacher Report. Gonna skip past the first one, but disagree with 5 of the remaining 7 points. Thoughts?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2277821-2014-fcs-playoffs-looking-at-the-hits-and-misses-of-the-selection-committee

BlueBisonRock
11-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Gotta love Bleacher Report. Gonna skip past the first one, but disagree with 5 of the remaining 7 points. Thoughts?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2277821-2014-fcs-playoffs-looking-at-the-hits-and-misses-of-the-selection-committee

One can tell they are discussing the Griz. Must be a western Montana thing...

They didn't just beat the playoff-bound Bobcats. They eviscerated them.

marenlee
11-24-2014, 04:11 PM
I will never understand the logic that an FBS loss is more valuable than an FBS win. Why do we keep hearing this? :facepalm:

marenlee
11-24-2014, 04:21 PM
I disagreed with most of the article. But it is Bleacher Report and any of us could be a reporter for them.

tony
11-24-2014, 04:23 PM
One can tell they are discussing the Griz. Must be a western Montana thing...

From the box score, it looks like the Bobcats eviscerated themselves. The Bobcats turned it over of 5 of their 6 possessions in the first half and turned it over 3 times inside the Montana 10.

marenlee
11-24-2014, 04:27 PM
The last one is a laugher. "The committee owes Idaho State an apology, as their omission was the one truly indefensible decision the committee made."

Of course this is after he shits on the committee for picking Indiana State. I normally don't dis on articles, but this guy is dumb DUMB DUMB

BlueBisonRock
11-24-2014, 04:27 PM
From the box score, it looks like the Bobcats eviscerated themselves. The Bobcats turned it over of 5 of their 6 possessions in the first half and turned it over 3 times inside the Montana 10.

No doubt that is the case. The wording reminded me of our old now diapered Griz buddy.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Just more bleacher report garbage. I thought the committee chairman made a fool of himself when he gave his reason for UNH being #1. It was basically because NDSU lost most recently. Lets just forget about SOS and quality wins, lets just go with NDSU lost last.

UNH avoided playing the 2nd and 3rd best CAA teams in Nova and JMU. Their only win was by a several points over Richmond. The only good thing is that the seed doesn't matter and I hope it puts a little chip on this teams shoulder.

StL Bison Fan
11-24-2014, 04:29 PM
No doubt that is the case. The wording reminded me of our old now diapered Griz buddy.

Maybe this is where he went...
Per Marenlee:
Re: FCS Selection Show
I disagreed with most of the article. But it is Bleacher Report and any of us could be a reporter for them.

FFBison
11-24-2014, 04:29 PM

Interesting...can't find that page anymore. And its a different page than what NDB2 indicated.

Anyway...showed NDSU has an 85% chance of winning 2nd round game, 77% chance of winning qtr final game, 68% chance of winning semi-final game, and a 60% chance to win the championship. Next closest teams for the championship were Illinois St at 12% and UNI at 10%. UNH was 3.8% and EWU just under 2%. Heavily favors MVFC, and obviously in particular NDSU.

Committee must not have seen it that way!

FFBison
11-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Try this one: http://www.masseyratings.com/tourn.php?t=639

Yep, this is it...thanks.

ndsubison1
11-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Committee got it right with Isub. They are better than their record and had a great resume.