PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State

2011BisonAlumni
11-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Figured I would start the discussion. YSU lost today and will need to win next week to get in.

I don't know much about YSU. Any potential matchup problems in this game?

Bison bison
11-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Bison win.

No way Coach Fanny Pack wins.

bisonpride4ever
11-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Offensively they have Ruiz and their QB had been playing well.

I'm calling at least a sideline warning if not a sideline penalty on Wolford in this game. Him and Stig have to lead the league in amount of time on the playing field bitching about something.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

56BISON73
11-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Offensively they have Ruiz and their QB had been playing well.

I'm calling at least a sideline warning if not a sideline penalty on Wolford in this game. Him and Stig have to lead the league in amount of time on the playing field bitching about something.

come on Lennon has to get in there some place.

bisonpride4ever
11-15-2014, 11:32 PM
come on Lennon has to get in there some place.

The stache has a mind of its own. Nobody can tame that thing.

FFBison
11-15-2014, 11:44 PM
Coastal, UNH and Jacksonville St all win...still thinking we will get a 2 seed, 3 seed at worst if we take care of business against Youngstown.

Bisonwinagn
11-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Figured I would start the discussion. YSU lost today and will need to win next week to get in.

YSU is similar to SIU and ISUb so I would expect a similar outcome around 38-10.

westnodak93bison
11-15-2014, 11:55 PM
We are gonna crush Y town and their whining little bitch of a HC like a bug.

17>1
11-16-2014, 12:03 AM
They lost at home to Indiana St today.........sooooo.......yeaaaaaaah. I'm just gonna have to go ahead and pick the Bison in this one, and if you could all do the same, that would be great.

There coach will most likely get really upset about something and think we're cheating.

Go Bison!!!

onbison09
11-16-2014, 12:04 AM
Coastal, UNH and Jacksonville St all win...still thinking we will get a 2 seed, 3 seed at worst if we take care of business against Youngstown.
Jacksonville State was not super impressive today. We'll get a 2 seed if we win out.

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Jacksonville State was not super impressive today. We'll get a 2 seed if we win out.
And their conference is weak

EC8CH
11-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Woffard will be playing for his job... The tantrum will be epic.

EC8CH
11-16-2014, 12:17 AM

Compare that to Coastal who has played no one and almost lost to Furman who has been horrible this year.

BadlandsBison
11-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Wofford made an @ss of himself last year. aren't him and Bohl old buddies because Bohl didn't say much about Wofford pitching a fit.

Fun trip to Youngstown last year, any fcs fan should put that stadium (not the town) on their bucket list

WFBisonFan
11-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Gridiron Power Index have more weight on the committee members when it comes to seeding? We are still #1 in that and I have no doubt that a win over YSU gives us the #1 seed....although #1 or #2 still means that the road to Fargo, I mean Frisco, TX goes through us once again.

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Wofford made an @ss of himself last year. aren't him and Bohl old buddies because Bohl didn't say much about Wofford pitching a fit.

Fun trip to Youngstown last year, any fcs fan should put that stadium (not the town) on their bucket list
Y town is a shit hole run by the mafia and unions. Remember the tailgate lot and the scenic buildings surrounding it? I spoke to the head of the ytown area democrat party at one of the bars that night and gave him a little too much shit...I think he is connected if you know what I mean
I actually thought downtown Cleveland was pretty cool.

BisonNeil
11-16-2014, 12:28 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Gridiron Power Index have more weight on the committee members when it comes to seeding? We are still #1 in that and I have no doubt that a win over YSU gives us the #1 seed....although #1 or #2 still means that the road to Fargo, I mean Frisco, TX goes through us once again.

As mentioned in another thread, perhaps two, the UNI AD on the committee said last week that the committee pays no attention to it because the small shit conferences think it is biased against them. And if you really haven't paid attention to any thread then you should be made aware of the fact that the shit conferences dominate the selection committee.

Any questions?

bisonaudit
11-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Y town is a shit hole run by the mafia and unions. Remember the tailgate lot and the scenic buildings surrounding it? I spoke to the head of the ytown area democrat party at one of the bars that night and gave him a little too much shit...I think he is connected if you know what I mean

No wonder everyone loves us so much. We're 100% class.

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 12:31 AM
I know. Not sure what his problem was. He really didn't like it when I asked him why y town is a dump when his boys have been in control for ever..:p

BadlandsBison
11-16-2014, 12:33 AM
Don't woryy. He fire bombed the Republican headquarters to even things out

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Here is their home field advantage...their students were rather rude

bisonaudit
11-16-2014, 12:35 AM
I know. Not sure what his problem was. He really didn't like it when I asked him why y town is a dump when his boys have been in control for ever..:p

I'll stop now before I get accused of starting something that I didn't start again.

bisonaudit
11-16-2014, 12:36 AM

I've been to games there. I thought their fans were great.

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 12:36 AM
I'll stop now before I get accused of starting something that I didn't start again.
Thank you...

BadlandsBison
11-16-2014, 12:37 AM
No, please continue

bisonaudit
11-16-2014, 12:41 AM
No, please continue

The median American makes less now than they did in 1998.

WFBisonFan
11-16-2014, 12:43 AM
Easy Tiger...just stating a fact. Sorry I don't scroll through every thread. Thank you for your condescension.

As mentioned in another thread, perhaps two, the UNI AD on the committee said last week that the committee pays no attention to it because the small shit conferences think it is biased against them. And if you really haven't paid attention to any thread then you should be made aware of the fact that the shit conferences dominate the selection committee.

Any questions?

BadlandsBison
11-16-2014, 12:48 AM
The median American makes less now than they did in 1998.
I've never been to Median, America but I bet their homicide rate is lower than Youngstown!

bisonaudit
11-16-2014, 12:52 AM
I've never been to Median, America but I bet their homicide rate is lower than Youngstown!

Maybe be if you spent some time there you'd come up with better policy ideas.

1st&TennBison
11-16-2014, 12:57 AM
That picture is one hour before their game, not much different than the dome at the same time.

Bisonator98
11-16-2014, 01:00 AM
We shut down Ruiz it should be over early. Send Wolford home crying.

BadlandsBison
11-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Is that what it would take to get you to vote for me?

bisonaudit
11-16-2014, 01:08 AM
Is that what it would take to get you to vote for me?

better policy ideas, yes.

also, not thinking that pretending not to know what median means endears you with voters.

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 01:12 AM
That picture is one hour before their game, not much different than the dome at the same time.
Yeah you are right.

KilldeerBison
11-16-2014, 01:49 AM

also, not thinking that pretending not to know what median means endears you with voters.

I'm back..... I'm back..... I'm back on the attack!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

jeffs
11-16-2014, 02:05 AM

I'm not a great FCS mind, but the NCAA has never taken more than 3 MVFC teams in the FCS playoffs according to wikipedia. Even if they win next week, I'm not sure they would take an 8-4 YSU team.

MNLonghorn10
11-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Sweatervest U 52

ndsu 10

bisonp
11-16-2014, 02:18 AM
I'm not a great FCS mind, but the NCAA has never taken more than 3 MVFC teams in the FCS playoffs according to wikipedia. Even if they win next week, I'm not sure they would take an 8-4 YSU team.

I'd like to think a win against us would sway the committee.

But really, the rest of the Valley needs to start winning in the playoffs. I've lurked here for a while, and have seen all the evidence that shows how great the MVFC is. Yet the rest of the MVFC wets the bed in the playoffs, and it's been that way since the glory days of YSU. NDSU has nothing to prove, but the rest of the conference does.

bisonp
11-16-2014, 02:20 AM

That's true, but it didn't look a whole lot different today in overtime.

To be fair, I didn't see what it looked like at the start of the game.

BadlandsBison
11-16-2014, 02:34 AM

I'm forwarding bisonville to my campaign manager.

Not addressed to anyone in particular, but Youngstown is a dangerous place and the residents admit as much. If you travel there for a game, don't stay in that town like I thought was possible

Elvis was a Bison
11-16-2014, 07:25 PM
It seems that those of you who think Wolford is a douche have supporters of that theory in Youngstown's back yard....:rofl:

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/penguin-insider/2014/nov/16/another-rough-november-wolford/

EC8CH
11-16-2014, 07:53 PM
It seems that those of you who think Wolford is a douche have supporters of that theory in Youngstown's back yard....:rofl:

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/penguin-insider/2014/nov/16/another-rough-november-wolford/

Watched the Wolford post game video before reading that article and thought the exact same thing. There he goes again pinning the loss on one of his players. First words out of his mouth are about a mistake made by a true freshman playing at quarterback.

YSU Head Coach Eric Wolford Post-Game Comments vs…: http://youtu.be/PceOKDJFuZw

I don't like that guy.

KilldeerBison
11-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Wolford is a dipshit, I thought he should have been kicked out of the game last year. He seemed to think he could run onto the field whenever he wanted and lodge his complaint. I was disappointed when Bohl didn't say something after Wa-wa Wolford called out individual Bison players as being "cheap shots". Would love to see a poster made, with his image in a diaper, holding a rattle and bottle.

BisManBison
11-16-2014, 08:30 PM
They are starting a true freshman at quarterback? And are relying on him to come into the FargoDome to beat NDSU? I like our chances.

bisonpride4ever
11-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Whoever has access to the printer they use to make the big head signs needs to make a huge one of this for Saturday's game.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/360x360q90/14/11/16/dd158a1ddb8756912500fc95a9047743.jpg

westnodak93bison
11-16-2014, 09:46 PM
I listened to his press conference. Didn't see anything wrong with it. Said it the way it us. Apparently their qb read the d wrong and chose to pass instead of the run play. Also, 3 lost fumbles cost them the game.

1st&TennBison
11-16-2014, 09:56 PM
We are gonna crush Y town and their whining little bitch of a HC like a bug.
I posted this last year after watching the YSU HC having a meltdown on the sidelines last year against us, I think it is a good if not historically accurate portrayal of how he looked in doing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDxPG3KrtA

ZHerd
11-17-2014, 01:22 AM
They are starting a true freshman at quarterback? And are relying on him to come into the FargoDome to beat NDSU? I like our chances.

Their QB is having a great year. 1,600 yards 12TD 4INT 156 passer rating which is 8th best in FCS. Our secondary better be ready. Actually, with a good RB they have the balanced type offense that I think could give us some problems. I'm hoping to see his QB rating take a dive from his first Fargodome experience.

AjaxTheMighty
11-17-2014, 01:45 AM

We win Saturday and a 1 seed is almost a certainty, especially with our body of work and a dominant win over Iowa St.

CAS4127
11-17-2014, 01:48 AM
We win Saturday and a 1 seed is almost a certainty, especially with our body of work and a dominant win over Iowa St.

One would like to thinks so. The football intellectual integrity of the selection group may be called into question if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
11-17-2014, 02:05 AM
One would like to thinks so. The football intellectual integrity of the selection group may be called into question if not.

We dropped to # 4 on a loss. How are we going to move back to #1 with a game we should win? Dont see how they are going to move us that much. If at all.

CAS4127
11-17-2014, 02:06 AM
We dropped to # 4 on a loss. How are we going to move back to #1 with a game we should win? Dont see how they are going to move us that much. If at all.

You are talking polls versus playoff seeding, Pat.

56BISON73
11-17-2014, 02:08 AM
You are talking polls versus playoff seeding, Pat.

:innocent::banghead::biggrin:

bisonaudit
11-17-2014, 02:09 AM

That's some silly poll. We don't know anything about what the selection committee thinks. Two different they's.

SoCalBison
11-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Not addressed to anyone in particular, but Youngstown is a dangerous place and the residents admit as much. If you travel there for a game, don't stay in that town like I thought was possible

I lived in Ohio for too many years. It's the armpit of America. And Youngstown is the armpit of Ohio.

BisoninNWMN
11-17-2014, 10:58 AM

IMO, the Bison will be the #1 seed if they finish 11-1. Better SOS and a FBS win. No one has a better resume than the Bison.

BisoninNWMN
11-17-2014, 11:02 AM

Enough of your "social justice" crap!

Bison 4 Life
11-17-2014, 12:53 PM
I lived in Ohio for too many years. It's the armpit of America. And Youngstown is the armpit of Ohio.

I really liked Ohio. Of course, I was in Columbus which is probably the best part.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-17-2014, 12:54 PM

Don't be too sure, Coastal has a tough opponent this week. Liberty has beaten App State, Bryant, and lost to then No. 20 Richmond in 2OTs.

On_the_road
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
It will be very interesting to watch the brackets come out. There is so much Bison envy and Bison jealousy, that I doubt that clear minds will prevail. The weaker conferences know that they can't compete in Fargo and they will do whatever they can to get the Bison out of a 1 or 2 seed.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Getting back to the game. We should win, but we are playing a wounded Youngstown team still fighting for a playoff birth. I've heard wounded Penguin's are very dangerous. Approach with caution.

Bison03
11-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Take care of business this weekend with a win. I don't see how an NDSU team that is 11-1, with their only loss being a ranked playoff team, 4 wins vs ranked teams, and FBS win, having the highest RPI, and being the conference champion of the highest RPI conference is not seeded 1 or 2.

gumby013
11-17-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm hoping YSU makes it into the playoffs even with a loss to us. Anything to keep the Wolf around another year.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2014, 02:49 PM
It will be very interesting to watch the brackets come out. There is so much Bison envy and Bison jealousy, that I doubt that clear minds will prevail. The weaker conferences know that they can't compete in Fargo and they will do whatever they can to get the Bison out of a 1 or 2 seed.
The FCS selection committee is made up of university vice presidents and ADs and I'd bet the majority of them would love to see NDSU host three more playoff games this year. The administration types tend to reason more towards balancing the budget rather than competitiveness when making decisions. There's plenty of bellyaching about NDSU potentially playing MVFC teams early in the playoffs. Why is that? Because it saves them money on travel costs. Why does the NCAA want NDSU to be a high seed? Because having NDSU host makes money for them.

The NCAA's love of money has it's pros and cons for NDSU but it does help us get home playoff games.

Bison 4 Life
11-17-2014, 02:54 PM
The FCS selection committee is made up of university vice presidents and ADs and I'd bet the majority of them would love to see NDSU host three more playoff games this year. The administration types tend to reason more towards balancing the budget rather than competitiveness when making decisions. There's plenty of bellyaching about NDSU potentially playing MVFC teams early in the playoffs. Why is that? Because it saves them money on travel costs. Why does the NCAA want NDSU to be a high seed? Because having NDSU host makes money for them.

The NCAA's love of money has it's pros and cons for NDSU but it does help us get home playoff games.

Even forgetting that, you cannot look at NDSU's resume and deny them a 2 seed. They should be a #1 but I'm not nitpicking.

coloradobison
11-17-2014, 04:04 PM
YSU fumbled twice in just over the first quarter. looks like a 70/30 run to pass ratio to that point.

BisonNeil
11-17-2014, 06:39 PM

I still think it is flawed logic that anyone on the selection committee, which is devoid of official NCAA representation, gives a rats ass about how much money the NCAA will make on these playoffs. This is not a cash cow and nobody cares about how many fans NDSU draws for the playoffs except NDSU.

KUlawJack
11-17-2014, 07:53 PM
I sure hope you guys hammer YSU on Saturday. Would go a long way to helping us get off the bubble and into the playoffs, provided we beat USD. Good luck on Saturday.

Mr. Burgundy
11-17-2014, 08:10 PM
I sure hope you guys hammer YSU on Saturday. Would go a long way to helping us get off the bubble and into the playoffs, provided we beat USD. Good luck on Saturday.

Stop scheduling D2 teams! it will help. You will crush USD, they have quit. You guys are in. Do you want another shot in the Fargodome? Or would you prefer to be on the other side? I am convinced either SDSU or UNI is coming to Fargo. Not sure which team yet.

Bison 4 Life
11-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Stop scheduling D2 teams! it will help. You will crush USD, they have quit. You guys are in. Do you want another shot in the Fargodome? Or would you prefer to be on the other side? I am convinced either SDSU or UNI is coming to Fargo. Not sure which team yet.

HEY! They didn't schedule a DII team.

UWO is a DIII team.

CAS4127
11-18-2014, 12:50 AM
Is the reason we are not seeing more of Morlock at RB because of his fumbling? Coaches lose trust?!

bisonpride4ever
11-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Is the reason we are not seeing more of Morlock at RB because of his fumbling? Coaches lose trust?!

I was wondering this too but then they don't seem to be using King as much as earlier too so who knows what the deal is.

CAS4127
11-18-2014, 01:00 AM
I was wondering this too but then they don't seem to be using King as much as earlier too so who knows what the deal is.

True. The thing is, it started with UNI game. Granted we blew MSU out and JC had big yards, but that was because CW got hot. Just a thought/observation.

BisonNation11
11-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Anybody know the chances they move Morlock to FB? When they do bring him in lately he seems to play a blocking role. I do wish King would get some more touches.

56BISON73
11-18-2014, 02:41 AM
It has to do with situational football. Last year you would see Ojuri get most of the carries depending on the D and how they wanted to attack it. Sometimes Crockett got more carries.

Bisonville GasMan
11-18-2014, 02:44 AM
Anybody know the chances they move Morlock to FB? When they do bring him in lately he seems to play a blocking role. I do wish King would get some more touches.

...I heard from some "fan's in the stands" that he's been talked to about playing some defense, possibly linebacker...

CAS4127
11-18-2014, 02:47 AM
...I heard from some "fan's in the stands" that he's been talked to about playing some defense, possibly linebacker...

That seems to mean coaches aren't confident in him as RB, and is telling in why he isn't much in rotation any more. Personally, I think he is as good as Zenner in and SDSU-based offense.

BisonNation11
11-18-2014, 02:52 AM
That seems to mean coaches aren't confident in him as RB, and is telling in why he isn't much in rotation any more. Personally, I think he is as good as Zenner in and SDSU-based offense.

By this I hope you mean great in space. One move and hit the speed burst button. This is why I think he'd be a great fullback. You can have him block, throw a screen to him or put him out wide on a linebacker. Just another weapon teams would have to account for. No matter what, I hope when he sees the field again it's a huge success. Hard not to cheer for local kids.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-18-2014, 02:58 AM

Well, he might make a good linebacker, but that would be a misappropriation of talent. He fumbled a few times, so what? He is still a very good RB and we could use him next year. WTF, did the coaching staff forget to recruit any linebackers?

BTW, I agree with CAS, he is every bit as good as Zenner.

Bisonville GasMan
11-18-2014, 03:02 AM

Personally, I really like him at RB too...wish they would work with him and get him more reps. But, I am sure they will find a place for him somewhere. Of note, he is the same height and size as Travis Beck...and CM's quickness and speed would be interesting on defense...No?

CAS4127
11-18-2014, 03:32 AM
No basis to disagree with any of thoughts above. Didn't McNorton have fumbling issues at one point to?! And we know what happened there.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2014, 12:31 PM

Believe everything u read on BV. Must be true.

CAS4127
11-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Believe everything u read on BV. Must be true.

Than tell us why his carries are way down rather than being flippant.

westnodak93bison
11-18-2014, 12:39 PM

CAS, too many runs bounced outside for big gains(7.4yd avg) clearly indicates his unwillingness to follow the game plan and get stuffed up the gut. :) hide.

In all seriousness I have a feeling they are trying to get one of the rbs some stats. How else can you explain hardly using the other two backs when up by 35?

Honeybooboo
11-18-2014, 12:44 PM
CAS, too many runs bounced outside for big gains(7.4yd avg) clearly indicates his unwillingness to follow the game plan and get stuffed up the gut. :) hide.

In all seriousness I have a feeling they are trying to get one of the rbs some stats. How else can you explain hardly using the other two backs when up by 35?

It's pretty hard to not let your senior leader stay in the game, JC deserves as many touches as he wants, king and chase will get plenty in the next couple yrs

Bison Dan
11-18-2014, 12:45 PM
At the start of the year coach Klieman said Crocket would be the featured back this season.

westnodak93bison
11-18-2014, 12:46 PM
It's pretty hard to not let your senior leader stay in the game, JC deserves as many touches as he wants, king and chase will get plenty in the next couple yrs
Hasn't really been that way the last three years which were our three best years in FCS. Can you imagine if JC would have got hurt up 35? Melt down on bisonville.

Bison Loaf
11-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Hasn't really been that way the last three years which were our three best years in FCS. Can you imagine if JC would have got hurt up 35? Melt down on bisonville.

And rightly so!

NDSU_grad
11-18-2014, 01:22 PM

IMO, there's a pretty big disparity between Crockett and Frazier/Morlock. Much less so than in years past. Frazier and Morlock just don't have that ability to make guys miss like Crockett does, and that's imperative for a rb in this offense.

Bison Loaf
11-18-2014, 01:48 PM
IMO, there's a pretty big disparity between Crockett and Frazier/Morlock. Much less so than in years past. Frazier and Morlock just don't have that ability to make guys miss like Crockett does, and that's imperative for a rb in this offense.

I'm not sure I completely agree with this, but I know I'm likely in the minority on that. Yes, I think Crockett is clearly the better back, but is there enough of a difference to have him carrying the ball 27 times a game - even when up by big scores? Personally, I'd like to see us go back to rotating the carries, but, to be perfectly clear, I'm not a coach - and I DO trust the coaches.

That said, if Crockett is so much further from our next level of backups than we've had in the past, then I have to wonder if our recruiting has fallen off in that position - and that's certainly not a good thought to ponder!

BisonNation11
11-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure I completely agree with this, but I know I'm likely in the minority on that. Yes, I think Crockett is clearly the better back, but is there enough of a difference to have him carrying the ball 27 times a game - even when up by big scores? Personally, I'd like to see us go back to rotating the carries, but, to be perfectly clear, I'm not a coach - and I DO trust the coaches.

That said, if Crockett is so much further from our next level of backups than we've had in the past, then I have to wonder if our recruiting has fallen off in that position - and that's certainly not a good thought to ponder!

I wouldn't be worried about the backups to Crock. They do just fine when in. Given it's been limited touches for them, but King averages 5.3 ypc and Morlock is at 7.4 ypc. Crock is at 5.2. I wouldn't consider that much of a drop off. I've also heard Dunn has been an absolute beast for the redshirts so I'm excited to watch him come spring ball and push for time next fall. He's a bit smaller than we're used to having, but he would be a great change of pace from the combo of King/Morlock.

Bison Loaf
11-18-2014, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't be worried about the backups to Crock. They do just fine when in. Given it's been limited touches for them, but King averages 5.3 ypc and Morlock is at 7.4 ypc. Crock is at 5.2. I wouldn't consider that much of a drop off. I've also heard Dunn has been an absolute beast for the redshirts so I'm excited to watch him come spring ball and push for time next fall. He's a bit smaller than we're used to having, but he would be a great change of pace from the combo of King/Morlock.

Well, at least two of us agree on the effectiveness of the backups. :)

As for the recruiting, I'm also excited for Dunn, but........since Crockett is a senior and Frazier & Morlock are sophomores (with Frazier even transferring in, no less) it appears as though we've missed a big, important, and what should be a more contributing piece of the junior class, with regards to the backfield.

EC8CH
11-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Anyone know if the student allotment for this game has been completely reserved yet?

BisonNation11
11-18-2014, 03:20 PM
I know it wasn't yesterday at noon.

THEsocalledfan
11-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Anyone know if the student allotment for this game has been completely reserved yet?

Yes, folks, keep this updated. TAB and I have some friends still looking for tickets and this really helps figure how much they should pay.

JMB
11-18-2014, 04:27 PM

I am more worried about a general drop off in performance due to wear and tear across the entire season.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes, folks, keep this updated. TAB and I have some friends still looking for tickets and this really helps figure how much they should pay.

You should start a thread about this. That would be cool.

THEsocalledfan
11-18-2014, 04:53 PM
You should start a thread about this. That would be cool.

Already did. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Than tell us why his carries are way down rather than being flippant.

Oh I thought that was ok? Sorry if you expect details. He is currently 3rd on the depth chart. My gut feel says that he gets 3rd string amount of carries. I know that the staff LOVES him and his passion/ability, so I guess I try not to overreact like everyone on BV. WHen Tom Brady had two interceptions, they weren't feaking out on Sunday night. Either was Tom Brady. So I try to relax and not over analyze things....unlike some people. Back to believing anything on BV. He is still very important to our short and long term plans. He is quite a kid and YES...he could be a total star at OLB. That is very true.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Already did. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

No problem! I hope it works! Gotta get everyone in the dome!!!!

EC8CH
11-18-2014, 05:00 PM
No problem! I hope it works! Gotta get everyone in the dome!!!!

Exactly... this class deserves an excellent turn out for their senior day.

CAS4127
11-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Oh I thought that was ok? Sorry if you expect details. He is currently 3rd on the depth chart. My gut feel says that he gets 3rd string amount of carries. I know that the staff LOVES him and his passion/ability, so I guess I try not to overreact like everyone on BV. WHen Tom Brady had two interceptions, they weren't feaking out on Sunday night. Either was Tom Brady. So I try to relax and not over analyze things....unlike some people. Back to believing anything on BV. He is still very important to our short and long term plans. He is quite a kid and YES...he could be a total star at OLB. That is very true.

Funny how he got more carries earlier even when 3rd on depth chart then as well. Strange that being 3rd on depth chart still, but less carries because, well, he is third on depth chart.Thanks for the in-depth info./purple.

So you are correct. I should not believe everything that is posted on BV!! Thanks./more purple.

Bison03
11-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Klieman was just on The Fan talking about the game this weekend. Biggest thing I took from it was him urging the fans to "Be loud on every play." The first playoff game won't be until December 6th, but the noise factor has to start now. This isn't like last year against USD where we knew for sure we would win big and tha the #1 seed was a sure thing. We need to win to capture the Valley title, and most likely home field throughout the playoffs. I hope that it being senior day and that their hasn't been a home game in a couple weeks will get the crowd pumped up. The road to 4 in a row starts this Saturday!!

westnodak93bison
11-18-2014, 06:26 PM
Some of you sure get defensive and cynical when anyone questions the coaching staff. Sure they are good but everyone has room for improvement. Some of us think the staff is too stubborn about running between the tackles when it isn't working. Gasp!

bisonaudit
11-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Some of you sure get defensive and cynical when anyone questions the coaching staff. Sure they are good but everyone has room for improvement. Some of us think the staff is too stubborn about running between the tackles when it isn't working. Gasp!

It's just difficult to take very seriously given the sheer quantity of "Run the damn ball!" posts in the GDTs, but maybe it's not the same people.

Wouldn't be the first time a fan base has been stricken with such bi-polar outlooks.

NDSU_grad
11-18-2014, 07:30 PM
It's just difficult to take very seriously given the sheer quantity of "Run the damn ball!" posts in the GDTs, but maybe it's not the same people.

Wouldn't be the first time a fan base has been stricken with such bi-polar outlooks.

What I get frustrated with is when people complain about "running the same play", when in actuality what looks like the same play is being run out of different formations with vastly different blocking schemes, oftentimes called at the line of scrimmage.

Bison03
11-18-2014, 07:54 PM
What I get frustrated with is when people complain about "running the same play", when in actuality what looks like the same play is being run out of different formations with vastly different blocking schemes, oftentimes called at the line of scrimmage.

Wait....what?! You mean this isn't Polasek's play sheet?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608015860207913658&pid=1.7

BisonNation11
11-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Wait....what?! You mean this isn't Polasek's play sheet?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608015860207913658&pid=1.7

Clearly no as there's no Power A Gap :biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
11-18-2014, 08:24 PM
WHen Tom Brady had two interceptions, they weren't feaking out on Sunday night. Either was Tom Brady. So I try to relax and not over analyze things....unlike some people. .

Hell the way Gray was running no need to freak out. That was a thing of beauty the way he was running. He wasn't just hitting the hole full speed, it was a lesson in allowing your Oline to open holes and waiting for them to do just that then exploding and exploiting that hole. It was excellent (seeing how many ex I can get in). Seriously though if there was a game plan that I would love for us to see on Saturday and all through the playoffs that was it. A O line and back exerting (1 more for good measure) their will on a defense.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Hell the way Gray was running no need to freak out. That was a thing of beauty the way he was running. He wasn't just hitting the hole full speed, it was a lesson in allowing your Oline to open holes and waiting for them to do just that then exploding and exploiting that hole. It was excellent (seeing how many ex I can get in). Seriously though if there was a game plan that I would love for us to see on Saturday and all through the playoffs that was it. A O line and back exerting (1 more for good measure) their will on a defense.

So when Gray doesn't run for 4 TD's next week.....they (their version of Bisonville) will say that he sucks, the play calling has changed, that they need to start throwing the ball more, how the line doesn't know how to run block anymore.

It is just comical reading this board at this point. Sorry, just sick of the ups and downs, I need a 10 step quitting problem from Bisonville, it just isn't worth reading anymore. Sorry for venting. I will try to avoid reading!!

Comfortably Numb Bison
11-18-2014, 08:58 PM

Just run the damn ball!!

semobison
11-18-2014, 09:06 PM
So when Gray doesn't run for 4 TD's next week.....they (their version of Bisonville) will say that he sucks, the play calling has changed, that they need to start throwing the ball more, how the line doesn't know how to run block anymore.

It is just comical reading this board at this point. Sorry, just sick of the ups and downs, I need a 10 step quitting problem from Bisonville, it just isn't worth reading anymore. Sorry for venting. I will try to avoid reading!!

Their lies your problem. All of the good self help support groups use 12 steps!

56BISON73
11-18-2014, 09:08 PM

Come on guy----its like a car wreck. You just cant help but look. :biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
11-18-2014, 09:35 PM

There is a lot of bull shit that gets thrown around on Bisonville. It seems to be like most things in life though that you have to filter the bull add in opinions and enjoy the conversations. Up and down is a heck of a lot better than and more fun than down that was brutal and watching Breske dismantle and change the d philosophies was something this board doesn't need to see hopefully again with those results.

CAS4127
11-19-2014, 12:36 AM

How's that?

I ask question about y Morlock's carries have decreased and you post that he is 3rd string and getting his carries.

I point out that he was 3rd string all year and was getting more carries earlier and now you run for cover.

I was just sincerely wondering what was up.

It's ok if you don't know the answer. No need to chime in if you don't--but YOU chose to do so.

Jay
11-19-2014, 01:13 AM
How's that?

I ask question about y Morlock's carries have decreased and you post that he is 3rd string and getting his carries.

I point out that he was 3rd string all year and was getting more carries earlier and now you run for cover.

I was just sincerely wondering what was up.

It's ok if you don't know the answer. No need to chime in if you don't--but YOU chose to do so.

early in the season, him and Frazier went back and forth as 2nd/3rd string. Depth chart had an or between their name.

CAS4127
11-19-2014, 01:19 AM
early in the season, him and Frazier went back and forth as 2nd/3rd string. Depth chart had an or between their name.

Thanks.

I'm still wondering why. And I'll go back to original post about this. Is it because of fumbles or something else? I do not know and am curious, as a feel Chase is a very good change of pace and runs more physically than JC. I personally would like to have seem more of him in UNI game because of how physical the game was. If another team is playing physical and we aren't matching, give them some of their own if you don't want to make adjustments to game plan is what I am getting at.

SDSUAlum08
11-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Please beat YSU this weekend! Go Bison! :hide:

IzzyFlexion
11-19-2014, 01:39 AM
Hey NDB2................

How about announcing "The Most Dogmatic" poster contest?

CAS4127
11-19-2014, 01:46 AM

Not to worry--we'll get your job done for you.

38-10.

17>1
11-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Thanks.

I'm still wondering why. And I'll go back to original post about this. Is it because of fumbles or something else? I do not know and am curious, as a feel Chase is a very good change of pace and runs more physically than JC. I personally would like to have seem more of him in UNI game because of how physical the game was. If another team is playing physical and we aren't matching, give them some of their own if you don't want to make adjustments to game plan is what I am getting at.

Try emailing a coach if you're wanting a legitimate answer. We can speculate all day about what's going on, but that's not going to really answer your question.

CAS4127
11-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Try emailing a coach if you're wanting a legitimate answer. We can speculate all day about what's going on, but that's not going to really answer your question.

You're right. Just thought those who otherwise post about all that they know would have some insight. My bad.

Ndsu84
11-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Thanks.

If another team is playing physical and we aren't matching, give them some of their own if you don't want to make adjustments to game plan is what I am getting at.

I agree....

Different sport but...my girls teams were often far more talented than their competition, but far more feminine. I'd get pretty frustrated when the refs would let us get beat up. Finally, one tournament, my two stars had to come out from brutal cheap shots. I told the girls, I don't want you to intentionally hurt anyone, but you need to play like they are. It wasn't 30 seconds later both of the problems on the other team were done for the night, with no fouls called.

Bison football is about hitting so damn hard the competition decides winning isn't really that important to them.

17>1
11-19-2014, 02:35 AM
You're right. Just thought those who otherwise post about all that they know would have some insight. My bad.

Understandable. But do you think anyone in the program is going to say they're limiting his carries because he fumbles too much? Doubt it.

CAS4127
11-19-2014, 02:38 AM
I agree....

Different sport but...my girls teams were often far more talented than their competition, but far more feminine. I'd get pretty frustrated when the refs would let us get beat up. Finally, one tournament, my two stars had to come out from brutal cheap shots. I told the girls, I don't want you to intentionally hurt anyone, but you need to play like they are. It wasn't 30 seconds later both of the problems on the other team were done for the night, with no fouls called.

Bison football is about hitting so damn hard the competition decides winning isn't really that important to them.

I enjoyed this post!!

CAS4127
11-19-2014, 02:46 AM
Understandable. But do you think anyone in the program is going to say they're limiting his carries because he fumbles too much? Doubt it.

Idk. But y not? Nothing wrong with letting a player know you expect more of them because you (coaches) know they have more ability. Don't like saying it, but I recall vividly watching a Roger Thomas football show back in the day and him saying on TV that he and staff expected better play out of their QB. I know times have changed a bit, but I believe it's ok to pressure a player, especially the kind that we certainly have. They will accept a challenge, and we should appreciate that.

Maybe CM is fumbling in practice to and had lost some confidence. Again, IDK, but something has changed for him not to be getting carries he once was earlier this year.

I'll let it go, but it makes me go Hmmmm, cuz he was a contributor (think ISU back breaker run).

bisonpride4ever
11-19-2014, 02:52 AM
I like the change of pace. Last couple years it seemed like in some games Sam would kinda struggle to get going and then Crockett would come in and bust off some nice runs. Sam would come back in and before you knew it both would have great games. They would feed off each other and break the defense.

mgbison
11-19-2014, 03:04 AM
Fumbles may be part of the problem with Morlock, especially in big situations. However, his big run against Iowa State was when we were running out the clock. I'd imagine he gets a lot of carries next year when JC graduates.

Off topic, but will there ever be a running back at NDSU that fumbled more than Roehl?

HerdBoy
11-19-2014, 05:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoobgTBchaE&list=UUjWqY9-Xo2RdfmVximfhy5Q

Bison"FANatic"
11-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Interesting that he says they are going to start recruiting Wisconsin and Chicago more. And it's 11 not 10 buddy. It is also interesting that their players were only getting one meal on campus.

BisoninNWMN
11-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Interesting that he says they are going to start recruiting Wisconsin and Chicago more. And it's 11 not 10 buddy. It is also interesting that their players were only getting one meal on campus.

Interesting for sure.

Funny he cannot find "height and length" in Ohio/Pennsylvania? Now he has to hit Chicago and Wisconsin....:confused:

We'll see how his true freshman QB does on Saturday.

Honeybooboo
11-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Just shows how much NDSU has really impacted this conference

IzzyFlexion
11-19-2014, 12:20 PM

There are over 1,600,000 high school students in Illinois. (and that is not counting NW Indiana as a big chunk of metro Chicagoland)
In Wisconsin, just over 700,000. These numbers are based on enrollment figures for 2011-2012 for public schools and 2009-2010 for private schools*

*http://high-schools.com/directory/il/

There are so many highly talented kids in Chicago and it's suburbs.

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Why does it matter to sdsu? It's not like you've done anything in the playoffs and you might win a game this year but nothing after that

gumby013
11-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Interesting for sure.

Funny he cannot find "height and length" in Ohio/Pennsylvania? Now he has to hit Chicago and Wisconsin....:confused:

We'll see how his true freshman QB does on Saturday.

Scandinavians are taller.

StL Bison Fan
11-19-2014, 01:51 PM

I think by 'they' he means the next coach.

gotts
11-19-2014, 02:10 PM
I still think it is flawed logic that anyone on the selection committee, which is devoid of official NCAA representation, gives a rats ass about how much money the NCAA will make on these playoffs. This is not a cash cow and nobody cares about how many fans NDSU draws for the playoffs except NDSU.

You should ask this guy his opinion on it:

https://twitter.com/dleech9

cbline
11-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Can't wait to see how the YSU freshman QB handles the Dome, the Bison secondary, and Kyle Emmanuel coming off the edge!! Anticipation is already building for me, and it's only Wednesday!!!!

EC8CH
11-19-2014, 02:50 PM
On senior day do the doors still open 1 hour early, so at 1:30?

edit: nevermind... looks like doors open at 1:00.

gumby013
11-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Can't wait to see how the YSU freshman QB handles the Dome, the Bison secondary, and Kyle Emmanuel coming off the edge!! Anticipation is already building for me, and it's only Wednesday!!!!

I'll put the Emmanuel sack over/under at 2.

cbline
11-19-2014, 02:59 PM
I'll put the Emmanuel sack over/under at 2.

The way Kyle has been playing lately, I'll take the over on that!

HerdBot
11-19-2014, 03:34 PM

Teams that worry about what other teams are doing instead of doing what they need to do are destined to fail. The funny thing is the 12 and 13 teams had like 1 starter from Wisconsin and Illinois. It was mostly Minnesota. This years team is a bit more Wisconsin heavy, especially the D-line. I think it had to do more with the lack of talent in Minnesota for a year or 2. We have very few guys from Illinois. Although currently we have 3 starters out of 22 guys from Wisconsin and Illinois.

Youngstown is in a huge area of football talent. If they can't get enough players out of their own area, its their own fault.

Bison"FANatic"
11-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Youngstown is in a huge area of football talent. If they can't get enough players out of their own area, its their own fault.

That is what makes it such a bizarre comment. 1 hour from Cleveland, 1 hour from Pittsburgh, 3 hours from Detroit, 6 hours from Philly and countless other major areas and they are going to start recruiting Wisconsin? Ok Wolfy.

Bison Fan 17
11-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Young athletes dont want to play for coaches that throw them under the bus.Tough call who is a bigger A$$hole, Farley or Wolford??

Bison Loaf
11-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Young athletes dont want to play for coaches that throw them under the bus.Tough call who is a bigger A$$hole, Farley or Wolford??

Tomayto/Tomahto.........Potayto/Potahto

StL Bison Fan
11-19-2014, 04:43 PM

Can't compare whinny A$$hole to Dirty A$$hole

Bison 4 Life
11-19-2014, 04:51 PM
The way Kyle has been playing lately, I'll take the over on that!

Did I read that he needs 4 to take the all time lead at NDSU? What's his current count?

The all time FCS record is 42 I believe. Davis Tull was on pace for that but has fallen off this year.

BisonNation11
11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Did I read that he needs 4 to take the all time lead at NDSU? What's his current count?

The all time FCS record is 42 I believe. Davis Tull was on pace for that but has fallen off this year.

Depends on who you talk to. Forum has him at 36 for career, stats say he has 31.5. He has 15.5 on the year.

roadwarrior
11-19-2014, 05:20 PM
On senior day do the doors still open 1 hour early, so at 1:30?

edit: nevermind... looks like doors open at 1:00.

The Fargodome doors always open 97 minutes before kickoff (game time is usually 7 minutes into the TV coverage).

EC8CH
11-19-2014, 05:21 PM
The Fargodome doors always open 97 minutes before kickoff (game time is usually 7 minutes into the TV coverage).

Thanks!

10char

KilldeerBison
11-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Seems like Coach Wolford is concerned about it, he mentioned Kyle Emanuel and the dome crowd noise. Their QB kind of reminds me of Bell from Sam Houston, tall and skinny, has a nice touch on his passes. I'm hoping for a big day from Kyle, he could really disrupt their offense, force some turnovers.

scottietohottie
11-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Kyle Emmanuel with 3 meals a day vs Youngstown Oline 2 meals a day!

KilldeerBison
11-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Kyle Emmanuel with 3 meals a day vs Youngstown Oline 2 meals a day = YSU QB broken and beaten

Fixed it for ya. I am looking for a few turnovers caused by Kyle.

cbline
11-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Seems like Coach Wolford is concerned about it, he mentioned Kyle Emanuel and the dome crowd noise. Their QB kind of reminds me of Bell from Sam Houston, tall and skinny, has a nice touch on his passes. I'm hoping for a big day from Kyle, he could really disrupt their offense, force some turnovers.

Hopefully Kyle can do a repeat of that 4th down hit on Bell in the second championship game. Man, did he lift and drive on that tackle!

KilldeerBison
11-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Hopefully Kyle can do a repeat of that 4th down hit on Bell in the second championship game. Man, did he lift and drive on that tackle!

I'll bet it took a good yard of fill dirt to repair the dent. (plus a couple rolls of dead, dried-out sod)

semobison
11-19-2014, 06:23 PM
A lot of talk about getting to the freshman QB. In conference play YSU leads the conference in sacks allowed with only 8 in 7 games so they have been doing a good job in pass protection and the frosh is 2nd in QB efficiency. The Guins are very balanced on offense and do a good job of stopping the run on defense. They have given up yards through the air but their biggest issue is that in conference they are -6 in the TO margin and lead the conference in fumbles lost.

bruinbison
11-19-2014, 06:47 PM
From the true Freshman QB's recruiting bio:

HUNTER WELLS
6-5 • 190 | QUARTERBACK
NAVARRE, OHIO | FAIRLESS H.S.
HIGH SCHOOL: First-team Division V All-Ohio selection as a quarterback...
tabbed the Northeast Inland District Division V Offensive Player of
the Year and the Canton Repository Stark County Player of the Year...as
a senior, threw for a school-record 3,558 yards and had 33 touchdown
passes...completed 257-of-414 attempts (62.1 percent)...the previous
mark was 3,281 yards by Justin Zwick...produced three 400-yard
games, three 300-yard performances, two five-touchdown passing
games and two four-TD games...led the Falcons to their first playoff
berth since 1999 and first-ever postseason victory (51-42 over Black
River)...program also had memorable wins over Manchester (first since
1985) and Tuslaw (first since 1996)...Fairless averaged 37.1 points per
game...set the Stark County record for all-time passing yards (8,344),
and completions (617) while ranking second in touchdown passes (67)...
had 1,079 attempts...played in 40 games...as a junior, completed 162-
of-289 passes for 2,342 yards and 18 touchdowns...as a sophomore
had 2,030 yards passing while receiving Honorable-Mention all-county
honors...coach was Don Wilson...also played basketball.

While inexperienced at the college level, Wells came from a HS that did throw the ball.
And from right in Youngstowns' backyard, not from Wisconsin.......
He also had playoff experience at that level.

YSU's comments on their O-Line

An offensive line that features just one senior
- C Stephen Page - has played well throughout
the season.
This year, YSU has had four first-time starters
on the unit. First-time starters have included
Justin Spencer, Dylan Colucci, Cameron Fraser
and Cole Newsome. Spencer has started every
game this season after redshirting last year.

RT Justin Spencer 6-5, 295, RFr.; Indiana, Pa.
RG Brock Eisenhuth 6-5, 335, So.; Johnstown, Pa.
C Stephen Page 6-4, 295, Sr.; Newton Falls, Ohio
LG Dylan Colucci 6-6, 320; So.; Latrobe, Pa.
LT Trevor Strickland 6-7, 300, Jr.; Cly de, Ohio

Will be interesting to see if that good pass-protection mentioned in post above can hold up for the freshman.
Get Loud! GoBison!

tony
11-19-2014, 06:51 PM
A lot of talk about getting to the freshman QB. In conference play YSU leads the conference in sacks allowed with only 8 in 7 games so they have been doing a good job in pass protection and the frosh is 2nd in QB efficiency. The Guins are very balanced on offense and do a good job of stopping the run on defense. They have given up yards through the air but their biggest issue is that in conference they are -6 in the TO margin and lead the conference in fumbles lost.

Yeah, I don't get the "true freshman" talk. Cripes, he has as about as many starts as Carson Wentz. Now if the game was being played 10 weeks ago, that'd be a different matter.

I'm hoping their defense isn't as good as that stats would seem to indicate, but their offense is very good: mammoth OL, good QB, #80 is an excellent receiver, and they have two backs, Ruiz (who we know) and Webb who is like that WIU RB who carved up NDSU during the first half earlier this year.

BisonNeil
11-19-2014, 07:50 PM
This is going to be a hell of a game. NDSU will start slowly as they almost always do and get behind so it will likely be another "great come from behind victory for the Bison" (thank you Don Morton!).

Bison03
11-19-2014, 08:00 PM
I'll bet it took a good yard of fill dirt to repair the dent. (plus a couple rolls of dead, dried-out sod)

Imagine if that Emanuel hit on Bell was with the turf conditions from this past championship game? There might have been a square yard of sod kicked up.

Bison"FANatic"
11-19-2014, 09:26 PM
This team is one that makes you go hmmmm They played well against some competition but then they but they have to score 21 in the 4th to beat USD at home????? Reallly USD..... Then they have to score 14 in the 4th to take it to overtime at home against ISU blue.

westnodak93bison
11-19-2014, 09:27 PM
We are favored by 21. We should win easily unless we beat ourselves. If someone would have told you in Jan we would be 10-1 with a probable 11-1 you would have ordered another round of jagbombs

Tatanka
11-19-2014, 09:28 PM
This team is one that makes you go hmmmm They played well against some competition but then they but they have to score 21 in the 4th to beat USD at home????? Reallly USD..... Then they have to score 14 in the 4th to take it to overtime at home against ISU blue.

Don't underestimate the dumbshittery of their coaching staff, or their ability to eventually overcome it. They will give the Bison all they want on Saturday.

BisoninNWMN
11-19-2014, 09:43 PM
This is going to be a hell of a game. NDSU will start slowly as they almost always do and get behind so it will likely be another "great come from behind victory for the Bison" (thank you Don Morton!).

Maybe but I think YSU folds it in during the game. The noise will shake their QB and the 2nd half they will get blown away.

56BISON73
11-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Don't underestimate the dumbshittery of their coaching staff, or their ability to eventually overcome it. They will give the Bison all they want on Saturday.

They have a true freshman and he hasnt been sacked that much this year. 6-8 times I think. That means the Oline is doing its job and I suspect they are huge. Last time we lost to them we couldnt pressure their QB because of the line play.

BisoninNWMN
11-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Borrowed from a James Madison fan on AGS:

Common opponents: WIU, SIU, Ind State, USD, SDSU and MSU

NDSU: 6-0 average margin of victory - 36.3 / 11.8
YSU: 4-2 average margin of victory - 24.3 / 20.3

NDSU has just as much motivation as YSU for this game...maybe more.

NDSU rolls them in the 2nd half.

EC8CH
11-19-2014, 10:15 PM
They have a true freshman and he hasnt been sacked that much this year. 6-8 times I think. That means the Oline is doing its job and I suspect they are huge. Last time we lost to them we couldnt pressure their QB because of the line play.

Last time we played them they were down to their 3rd sting QB. Granted their first was banged up to begin with.

EDIT: Ooops..."last time we lost to them"... not last time we played them. But still last year we got to their QB, don't know how much their line has improved since last year but they have held against other teams this year. KE doesn't play on those teams though...

letsgoguins
11-19-2014, 10:17 PM

USD - 3 turnovers in first three quarters.

INSU - 3 turnovers in first three quarters. Add a 4th turnover in OT.

When you turn it over that many times, you are going to have to come from behind to win.

EC8CH
11-19-2014, 10:19 PM
USD - 3 turnovers in first three quarters.

INSU - 3 turnovers in first three quarters. Add a 4th turnover in OT.

When you turn it over that many times, you are going to have to come from behind to win.

Unless of coarse you have the Bison Defense... :-)

*see last weeks game against Mo State

letsgoguins
11-20-2014, 12:33 AM
YSU has lost 4 times this year. In 3 of those losses you can really pinpoint the turning point in each game which cost them the game.

@ Illinois - Just Google YSU Butt Punt and you will see what I mean. We had a lead in the 4th quarter, but that jump-started Illinois' offense.

vs. Western Illinois - Yet another special teams blunder, this one a fake punt that went for 26 yards in the 3rd quarter after we held WIU for the 3rd or 4th series in a row. They scored 2 plays later and never lost control of the game.

vs. Indiana State - Well fumbling not once, but twice in the redzone pretty much did YSU in there.

I will say this though, Illinois State completely dominated us and made terrific adjustments in the 2nd half in Normal a few weeks back. There was not a single play that changed momentum. They simply made some great adjustments to slow YSU down. Hence, I throw NDSU into this category. I expect them to make some great adjustments to slow down YSU in the 2nd half to help the Bison ultimately win.

Tatanka
11-20-2014, 01:38 AM
You coming out for the game?

letsgoguins
11-20-2014, 11:30 AM
You coming out for the game?

No, but a lot of people I know would have loved to come to Fargo to check this game out. Despite many of your fans taking shots at YSU/Youngstown on this thread as if we are your arch-enemy, you guys have nothing but respect from YSU fans. We respect and admire your claim to fame and rise to success. We love your physical brand of football because it reminds us of our Glory Days in the 1990s. I openly cheer for you guys, along with many other fans, the other 11 weeks of each season.

You guys give everyone in this league something to shoot for, which is why you get the respect you deserve.

Good Luck!

WYOBISONMAN
11-20-2014, 02:11 PM
No, but a lot of people I know would have loved to come to Fargo to check this game out. Despite many of your fans taking shots at YSU/Youngstown on this thread as if we are your arch-enemy, you guys have nothing but respect from YSU fans. We respect and admire your claim to fame and rise to success. We love your physical brand of football because it reminds us of our Glory Days in the 1990s. I openly cheer for you guys, along with many other fans, the other 11 weeks of each season.

You guys give everyone in this league something to shoot for, which is why you get the respect you deserve.

Good Luck!

I was at the first game we played at Youngstown. Great fans, great facility.....and Stadium Mustard was available for the brats!!!!!!

Honeybooboo
11-20-2014, 02:18 PM

Good Luck!

most "shots" are just game week smack, would not get treated bad in person

tony
11-20-2014, 02:20 PM

FWIW, I've got to think that most of the fans are talking shots at YSU's coach because they didn't like the "cheap shot" comment last year. I'd expect that Bison fans will be giving him a hard time on Saturday too. He'll probably hear about it every time he strays from the sideline onto the field.

I'm with Wyo: Great fans, great facility, great tradition.

bruinbison
11-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks to a two-game losing streak, the Penguins (7-4, 4-3 Missouri Valley) are in the unenviable position of having to beat the three-time defending national champions — in Fargo, no less — in order to make the playoffs.YSU has actually won two of the last three games at NDSU, including a shocking upset in 2011, but the Penguins were drubbed in their last meeting at the FargoDome, falling 48-7 in 2012.

With Youngstown State's history, including the 1990's, always good not to overlook the 'Guins!

The writer, Joe Scalzo, also discusses the prospects, or the lack thereof,
of 6 teams from the MVFC making the playoffs.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/nov/19/a-chance-to-erase-bad-taste/?newswatch

HerdBot
11-20-2014, 02:29 PM
I love playing Youngstown. Great matchup of 2 of the best teams in FCS history. Can't wait till Saturday!

semobison
11-20-2014, 02:50 PM
FWIW, I've got to think that most of the fans are talking shots at YSU's coach because they didn't like the "cheap shot" comment last year. I'd expect that Bison fans will be giving him a hard time on Saturday too. He'll probably hear about it every time he strays from the sideline onto the field.

I'm with Wyo: Great fans, great facility, great tradition.

When we got the Gateway/MVFC invite this was one of the teams I was excited about getting to play! Now with 6 years of Valley conference play under our belt YSU's luster has faded a bit but our record against the Penguins is an even 3-3. Like most of our conference games, this is no gimme!

letsgoguins
11-20-2014, 11:10 PM
570 WKBN in Youngstown has the weekly Penguin Playbook program on right now live until 8pm/et. Link: http://www.iheart.com/live/newsradio-570-wkbn-1869/?autoplay=true&pname=1188&campid=play_bar&cid=main.html

westnodak93bison
11-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Do they have a podcast?

letsgoguins
11-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Do they have a podcast?

Eventually it will be up on 570WKBN.com. Likely Friday or Saturday.

EC8CH
11-21-2014, 01:00 AM
570 WKBN in Youngstown has the weekly Penguin Playbook program on right now live until 8pm/et. Link: http://www.iheart.com/live/newsradio-570-wkbn-1869/?autoplay=true&pname=1188&campid=play_bar&cid=main.html

Listened in... Sometime Wolford can seem insightful like when he described how the Bison lost to UNI, but then he says stuff that just bothers me. Apparently he is motivating his team by saying they were short changed on some things during their loss to ISUb. I just don't see that as a positive way to modivate a team.

daddy daycare
11-21-2014, 01:39 AM

Good Luck!

Had a blast tailgating with your fans last year. President and his wife even took a picture with us - although we had to put the Bison flag away ahaha....

letsgoguins
11-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Had a blast tailgating with your fans last year. President and his wife even took a picture with us - although we had to put the Bison flag away ahaha....
You mean the traitor that left after just seven months on the job for SIU!? Haha!

gumby013
11-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Get out your copper healing bracelets and foil hats.

It's plane stalking time!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA8103

StL Bison Fan
11-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Get out your copper healing bracelets and foil hats.

It's plane stalking time!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA8103
Is it creepy that I like this?? :confused:

BisonNation11
11-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Is it creepy that I like this?? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing

BisoninNWMN
11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Are the 400 students tickets released to the public gone yet?

BisonTru
11-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Are the 400 students tickets released to the public gone yet?

Yep. Sold out.

bruinbison
11-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Joe Scalzo's Friday Penguin Insider blog, including:

8. Do I think Wolford will be back?My gut feeling is he needs to win on Saturday, and here's why:- Wolford has made about $1.3 million in salary over his first five seasons and is 18-21 in conference play.- There's been about 1,000 fans in the stands for the second half of the last two home games.- This would have been the last year of his original five-year deal, but he signed a one-year about a week before this season started. It contains a very manageable buyout, particularly if he plans to coach somewhere else next year.There's no way YSU can afford to keep handing out one-year extensions. At some point, the university either needs to make a long-term commitment or make a change. - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/penguin-insider/2014/nov/21/huge-weekend-ysus-football-program/#sthash.ZMLvDFuO.dpuf

Bison 4 Life
11-21-2014, 07:53 PM
That have a fancy IPF but the lights at the stadium arent good enough for TV? WTF?

Bison06
11-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place for this, but I'm having some people over tomorrow and really want to be able to see the game. I called DirecTV, but my only option with them is to pay 75 for espn gameplan for the game. A little steep, but if it's my only option I may consider it. My brother has an ESPN3 sign in, but I'm not super tech savvy and would need some tech advice on the best way to hook a laptop up to my TV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

NDSUstudent
11-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place for this, but I'm having some people over tomorrow and really want to be able to see the game. I called DirecTV, but my only option with them is to pay 75 for espn gameplan for the game. A little steep, but if it's my only option I may consider it. My brother has an ESPN3 sign in, but I'm not super tech savvy and would need some tech advice on the best way to hook a laptop up to my TV.

I just use an HDMI cable to play video from laptop to my TV.

marenlee
11-21-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm guessing you don't have a Roku/Fire TV/Xbox 360/other streaming device?

Bison06
11-21-2014, 10:10 PM

It's just that simple? I could do that I suppose, thanks.

Bison06
11-21-2014, 10:10 PM

Bison06
11-21-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm guessing you don't have a Roku/Fire TV/Xbox 360/other streaming device?

I have a blue ray player, does that help me. As previously stated, my technical skills are laughable :)

NDSUstudent
11-21-2014, 10:12 PM

It is that simple for me, you could test it out with a youtube video just to see if it works fine but it should be that easy.

Bison06
11-21-2014, 10:13 PM
It is that simple for me, you could test it out with a youtube video just to see if it works fine but it should be that easy.

Excellent, thank you!

marenlee
11-21-2014, 10:14 PM
I have a blue ray player, does that help me. As previously stated, my technical skills are laughable :)

Unless that Blu-Ray player has the WatchESPN app you're out of luck. I would recommend to anyone to get a streaming device if they don't have one. Especially handy for Bison games. My personal favorite is the Amazon Fire TV. Or if you're feeling really frisky, I'm sure you can find one at Best Buy/Walmart on short notice.

bisonboone11
11-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Idk. But y not? Nothing wrong with letting a player know you expect more of them because you (coaches) know they have more ability. Don't like saying it, but I recall vividly watching a Roger Thomas football show back in the day and him saying on TV that he and staff expected better play out of their QB. I know times have changed a bit, but I believe it's ok to pressure a player, especially the kind that we certainly have. They will accept a challenge, and we should appreciate that.

Maybe CM is fumbling in practice to and had lost some confidence. Again, IDK, but something has changed for him not to be getting carries he once was earlier this year.

I'll let it go, but it makes me go Hmmmm, cuz he was a contributor (think ISU back breaker run).

I don't know if fumbling is the reason he isn't getting as many carries or not, but I'm pretty sure I saw a run in the Iowa State game where he bobbled the ball as he was running with it. He was able to get control back and didn't fumble though. I know I have seen that from him on at least a couple of occasions this year, in addition to the fumbles.

Rock
11-22-2014, 02:25 AM

I think if you pay the 75 you will also have access to all playoff games played on espn3 on gameplan. So possible 5 bison games for the 75... If they host.

BisonHorns
11-22-2014, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE=I miss Chubs;948146]I think if you pay the 75 you will also have access to all playoff games played on espn3 on gameplan. So possible 5 bison games for the 75... If they host

If they host? Ralphie, where did you hear those words? Go up to the bathroom and wash your mouth with Lava soap.

56BISON73
11-22-2014, 02:49 AM

You can also buy just one game for like 29.50

CaBisonFan
11-22-2014, 04:34 AM

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.Go out and buy a Chromecast (not expensive) for your tv. It hooks up via HDMI. Download Google Chrome to your computer. Open up an internet window with Google Chrome. Log in to espn3. Switch the source to your chrome cast on your tv. It should be there. As someone else wrote, if you have an HDMI hookup on your laptop 'and' your tv...connect them...switch the source on the tv...tune in to espn3 on your computer...and you'll have it. Send me a pm if you need more help. We can talk on the phone if you're really confused. I can confuse you even more...:)

PS - The chrome cast is super fun to use for other things. Like surfing youtube for example.

80ALUM
11-22-2014, 02:12 PM
I did not have the same experience some of you had at Youngstown. Their fans were the worst I have seen.

westnodak93bison
11-22-2014, 02:16 PM
I did not have the same experience some of you had at Youngstown. Their fans were the worst I have seen.
Y town is a dump and their students were rude at best.

bruinbison
11-22-2014, 02:27 PM
For Youngstown State, North Dakota State’s Fargodome is the farthest place to play. The loudest place to play. And the hardest place to play. Oh, and the best place to play. “It’s exactly what college football should be,” senior safety Donald D’Alesio said. - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/nov/22/ysus-season-on-the-line-at-fargodome/?newswatch#sthash.alK9Wurj.dpuf

Offensively, QB Carson Wentz is second in the league in pass efficiency (behind YSU freshman Hunter Wells), completing 163 of 256 passes for 2,161 yards, 17 TDs and eight interceptions. His main target is WR Zach Vraa, who has 36 catches for 546 yards and three TDs. - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/nov/22/ysus-season-on-the-line-at-fargodome/?newswatch#sthash.alK9Wurj.dpuf

Emanuel and Co. need to get some pressure on this guy. YSU has not given up many sacks this season,
time to change that. If the FargoDome brings on the noise, it could help throw off the O-Lines' timing.

Joe Scalvo, the YSU writer, has some funny stuff on his twitter feed also.......
guess which Bisonville fave asked Joe for advice.......?

https://twitter.com/joescalzo1

344Johnson
11-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Y town is a dump and their students were rude at best.

Fargo is beautiful and students are super nice

westnodak93bison
11-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Fargo is beautiful and students are super nice
Have you been to Youngstown?

344Johnson
11-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Have you been to Youngstown?

Nope. Ohio is the armpit of America.

Bison 4 Life
11-22-2014, 04:19 PM

That part of Ohio maybe but central Ohio is really nice.

Bisonguy
11-22-2014, 04:29 PM
That part of Ohio maybe but central Ohio is really nice.

Not even close. The armpits of America are Detroit and Pittsburgh, with Baltimore being the stinkhole.

344Johnson
11-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Not even close. The armpits of America are Detroit and Pittsburgh, with Baltimore being the stinkhole.

Been to Baltimore. Wasn't too fond of it.

westnodak93bison
11-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Come on. Don't forget New Jersey

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2014, 06:00 PM
If "armpit" = hell...........then your winner here is Detroit. This once proud city often referred to as the "silicon valley" of the country in the 50s and 60s has been reduced to a chaotic pile of rust and crime.

bisonpride4ever
11-22-2014, 06:12 PM
If "armpit" = hell...........then your winner here is Detroit. This once proud city often referred to as the "silicon valley" of the country in the 50s and 60s has been reduced to a chaotic pile of rust and crime.

Detroilet sucks.

Tatanka
11-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Detroilet sucks.

:detsucks:. Immutable truth.

aces1180
11-23-2014, 02:33 AM

Grand Forks is the butthole of America...

cbline
11-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Having driven back and forth to northern Indiana a number of times, I place my nomination for Gary, Indiana. Even on a sunny day, Gary is grey.

gumby013
11-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Having driven back and forth to northern Indiana a number of times, I place my nomination for Gary, Indiana. Even on a sunny day, Gary is grey.

The Gary-Portage metroplex gets my vote.

EDIT: Strike that...Camden, NJ.

bisonpride4ever
11-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Gary Indiana...The Chernobyl of the Midwest

StL Bison Fan
11-24-2014, 10:14 PM
I could probably start a 'who needs a job' thread
@DomIzzoWDAY: Brett @McMurphyESPN reports Eric Wolford fired at Youngstown State #FCSFootball

Honeybooboo
11-24-2014, 10:16 PM
@DomIzzoWDAY: Brett @McMurphyESPN reports Eric Wolford fired at Youngstown State #FCSFootball

You could see it in his second half demeanor that he knew it was done

BisonNeil
11-24-2014, 10:44 PM

Not surprised, but I am a bit surprised that Dale Lennon is apparently going to survive. He has done nothing with the talent he recruited. His playoff years were with Kill's players.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2014, 11:40 PM
Not surprised, but I am a bit surprised that Dale Lennon is apparently going to survive. He has done nothing with the talent he recruited. His playoff years were with Kill's players.

Lennon is lucky to be at a basketball school.

THEsocalledfan
11-25-2014, 01:27 PM

Dale needs to hire some kind of recruiting czar. I know the knock on him has been recruiting; he is a solid X's and O's coach. He just needs the horses. I can't help but like the guy, despite his upbringing......