PDA

View Full Version : Eve of the Big Game

broke_back_mnt
09-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Everyone that is headed out has probably left. *Muncie will see the BISON fans tomorrow. *I dont know where the BISON are, but I expect they are already there. *I hope Coaches and Team are doing well and getting comfortable. *

If the BISON are going to win we will have to grow. *Somewhere deep in BISON Lore is the key. *Coach Bohl is looking for that right now. *These are the final hours. *

NDSU has a deep well of football knowledge. *For me, its the College of Football, a PHD track. *We offer it and some of the games great minds have come through our Department to benefit from it. *From the early days right down to today "The Game" has resided deep under our stands, as it does now deep under the Fabulous Fargo Dome!

This is about BISON Lore! *GO BISON!!!

99Bison
09-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Wow, Great Post! ... I can't describe it... shivers.

99Bison
09-23-2006, 01:06 AM
I do wish someone would replay the coaches show the night before the games, that used to pump me up!

Bison7925
09-23-2006, 01:55 AM
It's raining cats & dogs right now. We are picking up ponchos B4 the game. Might be a wet one.

Bisonguy
09-23-2006, 02:02 AM
It's raining cats & dogs right now. We are picking up ponchos B4 the game. Might be a wet one.

They reported on Prime Time Sports tonight that John Wheeler was looking at the forecast for Muncie. About a 100% chance of rain in the morning, with a good chance of severe storms during the day/evening.

Hope their field drains well. Well, maybe not. ;)

Bisonguy
09-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Looked at weather.com, and there's a 50% chance of rain all day, except from 10-3, where it drops to a 30% chance.

BisonBacker
09-23-2006, 02:23 AM
So the next question is.....

Does the Rain and wet field conditions favor NDSU or Ball State?
Running game on a wet muddy field negates a speed and or quickness advantage.
Wet Conditions also make a passing game more difficult and also negate the speed of their recievers.
NDSU had the edge in the running game, Ball state the edge in passing.
So who comes out on top? I still say the Bison.

TheDoctor
09-23-2006, 03:01 AM
So the next question is.....

Does the Rain and wet field conditions favor NDSU or Ball State?
Running game on a wet muddy field negates a speed and or quickness advantage.
Wet Conditions also make a passing game more difficult and also negate the speed of their recievers.
NDSU had the edge in the running game, Ball state the edge in passing.
So who comes out on top? *I still say the Bison.

I just talked to Culpepper about this very subject and he told me "it's time to get your Rohl on!" ;) I then informed him we will definitely get our Rohl on tomorrow the bigger question is will Culpepper ever get his on again. ;D

BISON in an ugly messy running game. Rohl and Jangula steam Rohl the competition.

bincitysioux
09-23-2006, 03:05 AM
Good luck to NDSU against your first I-A opponent. :)

Bisonguy
09-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Good luck to NDSU against your first I-A opponent. :)

Thanks bincitysioux!!

J Dub (aka John Wheeler) just gave the Bison Football Forecast. Heavy rain in the Ohio river valley tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night.

Mud negates speed, of which supposedly Ball State has an advantage. It also usually hampers a passing attack, especially coupled with the 10-20 mph winds that are in the area.

DIBISON
09-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Listened to Coach Bohl this past morning on a new radio show that will be on at 7:20 AM every Friday that will preview the next day game. Coach sounded game ready and I'm sure the Bison are focused on the task at hand. Let's not forget this is almost as good as it can get, sans the GOPHERS game on 10/21. Go Bison!!

NDSUstudent
09-23-2006, 05:34 AM
Looked at weather.com, and there's a 50% chance of rain all day, except from 10-3, where it drops to a 30% chance.

There is a 100% chance of THUNDER!!!!
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics17/400/NW/NWCAGSFHRCUWBFJ.20060902172514.jpg

Ball State better watch out because we're comin, we're comin!!!

sambini
09-23-2006, 06:25 AM
THUNDERSTRUCK THE CARDINALS+++++++++++

Bison7925
09-23-2006, 01:33 PM
We are under a flash flood watch for today & tonight in all of Indiana. They are expecting rain in the 1" per hour rate tonight.

The Bison will be wearing their long spikes and just like NW State ready for all conditions?

sambini
09-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Roadwarrior are you ready? Is Lonely Griz there also?

westriverbison
09-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Muncie Star Gametime good reading

http://www.thestarpress.com/services/Gametime/gametime.pdf

broke_back_mnt
09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Excellent info. Thanks for putting all those articles together. They are even publishing our play book! The last link are the rosters so if anybody wants a Ball State roster its here.

cedarpointer
09-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Well its pretty decent in Muncie right now. Windy but not wet.. YET

I wonder if they will postpone a game due to severe weather?

They are calling for storms, hail, possible tornados!

Its gonna be sloppy thats for sure!

This will be BSU's 3rd home game in a row where it rained!

Im gonna have to give the cards the advantage esp. with Sp. teams!

Bisonguy
09-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Very nice pre-game write-up.

It's almost like getting a free game program! 8-)

Tatanka
09-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Awesome game day publication. Hopefully our folks are taking notes.

roadwarrior
09-23-2006, 04:25 PM
The local paper's pre game intro was a 16 page insert with maybe only about 20% advertising. It was magazine size, with color pics and diagrams throughout. I will give my copy to Jeff Kolpack today!

This is the normal way of doing things for home games here in Muncie.

roadwarrior
09-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I drove by the stadium and got a quick look a few minutes ago. The Ball State fans would be impressed with the Fargodome!

roadwarrior
09-23-2006, 04:35 PM
OK guys, time to find the tailgating area [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

kchats
09-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Enjoy the game Roadwarrior. Stay dry.

TheDoctor
09-23-2006, 05:24 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++ 8-)

kchats
09-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Personally I would prefer that the Bison beat them in perfect weather so nobody can use the excuse that NDSU beat them only because of the weather. :o

99Bison
09-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Personally I would prefer that the Bison beat them in perfect weather so nobody can use the excuse that NDSU beat them only because of the weather. :o

Agreed...

cabis
09-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Lets just beat them. The loser can make up whatever excuses they want. ;)

Tatanka
09-23-2006, 06:48 PM
++

Hambone
09-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Best of luck to the Bison. I'll be rooting for you.....

ndsubison
09-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Everyone that is headed out has probably left. *Muncie will see the BISON fans tomorrow. *I dont know where the BISON are, but I expect they are already there. *I hope Coaches and Team are doing well and getting comfortable. *

If the BISON are going to win we will have to grow. *Somewhere deep in BISON Lore is the key. *Coach Bohl is looking for that right now. *These are the final hours. *

NDSU has a deep well of football knowledge. *For me, its the College of Football, a PHD track. *We offer it and some of the games great minds have come through our Department to benefit from it. *From the early days right down to today "The Game" has resided deep under our stands, as it does now deep under the Fabulous Fargo Dome!

This is about BISON Lore! *GO BISON!!!

So now you're a philosopher? What other talents are you hiding from us? :-? ;D

semobison
09-23-2006, 09:46 PM
That was an inspiring post by JBB. This is a big game!!

broke_back_mnt
09-24-2006, 01:50 AM
Coach Bohl found the keys buried deep in BISON Lore. *BISON Pride and conditioning. *Toughness and togetherness. *He found it and the BISON rode that pony to the top of the world tonight.

GO BISON!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D * 8-)

Tatanka
09-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Coach Bohl found the keys buried deep in BISON Lore. *BISON Pride and conditioning. *Toughness and togetherness. *He found it and the BISON rode that pony to the top of the world tonight.

GO BISON!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D * 8-)
++!!!

kchats
09-24-2006, 02:12 AM
And the Bison beat them without weather being a big factor. Wind yes but it didn't mess with the game overall. The teams were both able to do what they planned on doing and the fans were able to enjoy the game as well. Great win Bison. Keep it up and beat Stephen F Austin next week.

Tatanka
09-24-2006, 02:15 AM
And the Bison beat them without weather being a big factor. *Wind yes but it didn't mess with the game overall. *The teams were both able to do what they planned on doing and the fans were able to enjoy the game as well. *Great win Bison. *Keep it up and beat Stephen F *Austin next week.
Yes, let's not pull a Montana state.

99Bison
09-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Coach Bohl found the keys buried deep in BISON Lore. BISON Pride and conditioning. Toughness and togetherness. He found it and the BISON rode that pony to the top of the world tonight.

GO BISON!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D 8-)

You own this thread!