PDA

View Full Version : Up next: Missouri State

runtheoption
11-09-2014, 06:34 PM
In Springfield, a strangely tough place for NDSU to find overwhelming success. Anyone else here think our guys are mentally locked in today and the rest of this week, and will absolutely thrash these guys on Saturday?

Let's hope so. Missouri State is 1-5 in the MVFC: lost 32-22 to SIU in Springfield, lost 20-18 to ISUb in Terre Haute, lost 21-7 to Ill. St. in Normal, beat USD 31-12 in Springfield, lost 32-28 to SDSU in Brookings, and lost 14-7 to YSU in Springfield. In non-conference, they beat Central Arkansas 33-31 on the road, beat UN_ 38-0 at home, lost to OK State 40-23, and beat Northwestern State 34-27 on the road. It looks like they have been playing some decent ball, but are obviously finding the MVFC a tough go.

Bounce back game for our guys.

A1pigskin
11-09-2014, 06:36 PM
I feel this this will be a bounce back game for the Bison Team. They got to feel how much it sucks to lose.

No_Skill
11-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I really believe that we are going to find out a lot about the team this coming weekend. How will they respond?

westnodak93bison
11-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Big challenge ahead. Need to bounce back from a bad loss and at a place we have never played well. Their safety has given us fits. Should have their focus.

bisonpride4ever
11-09-2014, 07:17 PM
I take it unless you live in ND or in the KVLY coverage area, there is no chance to watch this game unless a person pays Missouri St for their more than likely horrible quality stream?

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

semobison
11-09-2014, 07:32 PM
@Missouri State has not been easy for the Bison!

In 2010 we lost the infamous 0-3 game to a MSU team that finished 5-6.
In 2012 we beat MSU 21-17, they finished the season 3-8.

I think the way the Bison play this week will tell us a lot about our team. They have not won a lot of games but they have not been blown out either. We need to get a little swagger back going into the playoffs.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2014, 07:34 PM
I take it unless you live in ND or in the KVLY coverage area, there is no chance to watch this game unless a person pays Missouri St for their more than likely horrible quality stream?

Could be a free stream available, I've watched MSU games before using http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/33-NCAA

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 07:36 PM
They have never been a good match up for us. They have been competitive in all their games. They won't feel sorry for us and will try to beat us down

Honeybooboo
11-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Any other team than them at there place would better

We don't play well on the road for some reason

Tatanka
11-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Although field conditions from what I've been told have substantially improved, look for a small crowd and generally a ho-hum atmosphere. Bison need to be mentally tough and leverage the nightmare fuel from UNI to propel them forward.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Kind of wonder if MSU might check out...Terry Allen is probably done Springfield. Newspapers down there are calling for his head.

Tatanka
11-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Kind of wonder if MSU might check out...Terry Allen is probably done Springfield. Newspapers down there are calling for his head.

Doubt it. We'll get their best game on Senior Day.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Doubt it. We'll get their best game on Senior Day.

I don't know, the situation at MSU seems bad. If we come out swinging, I think we could knock them out early.

Coach K needs to get the team off to a fast start.

Tatanka
11-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't know, the situation at MSU seems bad. If we come out swinging, I think we could knock them out early.

I hear you, but I'll submit the situation at Mo State is (in general when talking about football) always bad. This will not be a gimme, and I don't think they'll roll over for the Bison.

Honeybooboo
11-09-2014, 08:31 PM

I don't think we have started fast all year have we? Doubt it will change this week on the road again

NDSUstudent
11-09-2014, 08:34 PM
I don't think we have started fast all year have we? Doubt it will change this week on the road again

ISUB we had a good start, other than that not really.

Maybe if we tried a new gameplan we might have a quicker start.

Honeybooboo
11-09-2014, 09:27 PM
ISUB we had a good start, other than that not really.

Maybe if we tried a new gameplan we might have a quicker start.

I agree, hopefully this was a coaching staff wake up call, maybe they had some feeling they could coast....I hope so and we get back to it boboth our next 2 are not easy games

marenlee
11-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Although field conditions from what I've been told have substantially improved, look for a small crowd and generally a ho-hum atmosphere. Bison need to be mentally tough and leverage the nightmare fuel from UNI to propel them forward.

Hey now. That's a future Sunbelt program you're talking about there.

bri-dog
11-09-2014, 10:18 PM

Not that kind of ho-hum, Izzy.

yopaulie
11-09-2014, 10:25 PM
I'd love to be wrong, but I see this as a grind it out close game. WIU, part II.

MAKBison
11-09-2014, 11:00 PM
If our team is who I think they are............I am happy this is our next game! The loss and then this game may just be what the youngens need

tolnabison
11-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Anyone traveling to this game? We have a group of 16 going between the Tolna and Binford tailgating crews.

westnodak93bison
11-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I suppose I'll take the Gulfstream g650 down to Austin Friday morning then on to Springfield early saturday
Purple

StL Bison Fan
11-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Anyone traveling to this game? We have a group of 16 going between the Tolna and Binford tailgating crews.

Heading to see family Wednesday and on to springfield. Tickets in GA. $5.00

Bisonator98
11-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Just need to win. Doesn't have to be pretty just get the W.

Bisonville GasMan
11-10-2014, 05:23 AM
In Springfield, a strangely tough place for NDSU to find overwhelming success. Anyone else here think our guys are mentally locked in today and the rest of this week, and will absolutely thrash these guys on Saturday?

Let's hope so. Missouri State is 1-5 in the MVFC: lost 32-22 to SIU in Springfield, lost 20-18 to ISUb in Terre Haute, lost 21-7 to Ill. St. in Normal, beat USD 31-12 in Springfield, lost 32-28 to SDSU in Brookings, and lost 14-7 to YSU in Springfield. In non-conference, they beat Central Arkansas 33-31 on the road, beat UN_ 38-0 at home, lost to OK State 40-23, and beat Northwestern State 34-27 on the road. It looks like they have been playing some decent ball, but are obviously finding the MVFC a tough go.

Bounce back game for our guys.

:rofl: I know it's petty...but seeing this makes me feel a little better after our 1 loss in the last 34 games... :rofl:

tolnabison
11-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I suppose I'll take the Gulfstream g650 down to Austin Friday morning then on to Springfield early saturday
Purple
$300 round trip, Fargo to Chicago to Fayetville, Arkansas (about an hour and half south of Springfield).

Tatanka
11-10-2014, 01:30 PM
$300 round trip, Fargo to Chicago to Fayetville, Arkansas (about an hour and half south of Springfield).

Wait, what?

KSBisonFan
11-10-2014, 02:21 PM

I'll be driving down on Saturday morning. I'm planning on sitting on the east side as opposed to the tiny lower corner section they stuffed us in 2 years ago. Tailgating last time was along Grand St.
I am fully anticipating a slow start and a Bisonville meltdown at halftime. We play like garbage there and they will stuff the box and make Carson beat them. Weather is supposed to be crappy, as well.....high of 39 and 20% chance of rain.
I hope I'm wrong and we come out and put up 20+ first half points but I don't see it.

Bison Gal
11-10-2014, 04:34 PM
I'll be driving down on Saturday morning. I'm planning on sitting on the east side as opposed to the tiny lower corner section they stuffed us in 2 years ago. Tailgating last time was along Grand St.
I am fully anticipating a slow start and a Bisonville meltdown at halftime. We play like garbage there and they will stuff the box and make Carson beat them. Weather is supposed to be crappy, as well.....high of 39 and 20% chance of rain.
I hope I'm wrong and we come out and put up 20+ first half points but I don't see it.

Good to know......guess I better pack accordingly.

El_Chapo
11-10-2014, 04:41 PM
A few of the bison parents took this upcoming week off and were hitting UNI then heading down to Missouri today. So there should be some reinforcements for you TolnaBus crew

bisonsupporter
11-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER · 26m26 minutes ago
Bison wearing green jerseys at Missouri State on Saturday. Nobody knows when last time green tops worn on the road. If ever. Anybody?

westnodak93bison
11-10-2014, 06:26 PM
What do Missouri State home unis look like?

BisonNation11
11-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I would assume that Misery St. would be wearing whites. Otherwise I would have figured they would be wearing maroon.

IBleedYellow
11-10-2014, 08:23 PM
This game is going to tell us all we need to know about this teams character and resolve.

I am hoping to be impressed, either way these young men did a hell of a job thus far this year.

Professor Chaos
11-10-2014, 09:02 PM
This game is going to tell us all we need to know about this teams character and resolve.

I am hoping to be impressed, either way these young men did a hell of a job thus far this year.
Yep, it's going to be interesting to see how they respond. You'd think with all the seniors, especially on defense, that they'd come back with a fury but honestly we just don't know because these guys have never come off this kind of beatdown before in their college careers. I think if I was an MSU fan I'd actually be a little more comfortable had the Bison lost close or gotten the ugly win at UNI. MSU is struggling mightily right now so they're gonna need all the help they can get. Seeing an extra motivated NDSU team is probably not good news for them.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2014, 09:05 PM
This team seemed pissed that some doubted them going into Iowa State and I believe they played that game with something to prove. Maybe this gets that chip back on their shoulder now that the streak is dead and we are #4 in the polls.

Bison 4 Life
11-10-2014, 09:31 PM
I would assume that Misery St. would be wearing whites. Otherwise I would have figured they would be wearing maroon.

Coacj K said they were wearing white. Maybe Senior Day has something to do with it.

Jay
11-10-2014, 11:56 PM
@coachingsearch: For the first time in more than 2 years, NDSU is prepping after a loss. Chris Klieman explains what he wants to see… http://t.co/QG4Y7nAgei

NDSUstudent
11-11-2014, 12:05 AM
We did beat MSU 48-27 in 2008, Roehl had almost 200 yards rushing. The Bison ran for over 350 yards, perhaps with Roehl back on the sideline we will roll offensively at MSU again.

semobison
11-11-2014, 12:10 AM
The Bears are 1-5 in the Valley but have lost a lot of close games. Their defense gives up more yards on the ground than thru the air which may bode well for us. Last year they stacked the box and we threw for over 300 on them. It will be interesting to see what they try to do with their defense. If they sell out to stop the run we need a good game from our QB.

Honeybooboo
11-11-2014, 12:20 AM
If they sell out to stop the run we need a good game from our QB.

No matter what we need this

luey
11-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Big challenge ahead. Need to bounce back from a bad loss and at a place we have never played well. Their safety has given us fits. Should have their focus.

Streamed Northern Iowa much better Stream than NDSU! Not sure about Mo

AjaxTheMighty
11-11-2014, 11:52 AM
The Bison were reawakened, and their fury will have few limits. Alert the village of Springfield to evacuate the women and children. Heaven and earth will be razed by the fire of angry hearts as the Gods of football look on. They have no power to control the Bison. Hope hides in the shadow. The end is near.

Mr. Burgundy
11-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Is this the same team that beat bubba ball 38-0? Was that game in Grand Forks? Bubba Ball is really great not sure if u have heard.

StL Bison Fan
11-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Is this the same team that beat bubba ball 38-0? Was that game in Grand Forks? Bubba Ball is really great not sure if u have heard.

I sense you're all out of purple font...

Tatanka
11-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Whoa. If they scored 38 on Bubba's D then we best be ready to put up 60 just to keep pace.

SoCalBison
11-11-2014, 03:11 PM

CBS Sports Live is carrying it, same place that had audio-only of USD game...

http://www.collegesportslive.com/

runtheoption
11-11-2014, 03:42 PM
If they sell out to stop the run we need a good game from our QB. This is a sure bet. After MO St watches & learns from the tape of UNI's defensive scheme, I think our receivers will be in single coverage all day. Need our outside skill position players and QB to execute this Saturday. My guess? Carson completes a very high percentage of short passes, with our receivers getting strong YAC. The weather is not going to be very favorable for the downfield passing game. Big games for Vraa and our TE's.

Also, KE is going to destroy their backfield all game long, and we are going to see more of DeLuca in every game from here on out.

El_Chapo
11-11-2014, 03:45 PM
please god get off to a fast start.

do we even have a return TD (kick punt or INT?)

MNLonghorn10
11-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Missouri state 52
ndsu 10

Bears pull away late

Bisonator98
11-11-2014, 06:42 PM
please god get off to a fast start.

do we even have a return TD (kick punt or INT?)

I thought someone had a pick 6 early in the year but can't remember. I do know our special teams play has been a real disappointment this year.

coloradobison
11-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I thought someone had a pick 6 early in the year but can't remember. I do know our special teams play has been a real disappointment this year.
DeJong INT.

Smith has been close on a couple punts. KO's have been poor

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2014, 12:50 PM

except the kicking game.
I know u know that...no disrespect intended...just wanted to give those guys some props.

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Looks like it's going to be a hot chocolate and schnapps morning instead of beer.

StL Bison Fan
11-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Just entered the home town of Tatanka. Havent seen a statue or anything...

Tatanka
11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Just entered the home town of Tatanka. Havent seen a statue or anything...

Bring me back some T-Ravs... :D

westnodak93bison
11-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Should be a rule against wearing all white when snow is in the forecast as well as no all red when playing on a red tampon for a field.

StL Bison Fan
11-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Bring me back some T-Ravs... :D

I'm gonna bring you back a football win...

BisonNeil
11-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Well, I for one am pleased that Klieman is proving that he is not a dumbass like the last head coach.

I remember when the Bison went to Misery State in 2010. The forecast was for 29F as a high that day and wind. Bohl had the Bison practicing in the dome the week before the game because it was really cold outside. I called his radio show and questioned that decision saying that it seemed to me that the team should be acclimating to the cold conditions, particularly for the ball handlers. He asked me when I had become a college football coach, what a jerk response.

As I recall the Bison fumbled the ball five times, losing four of them, and lost 3-0. I for one am very pleased that the current coach is handling this pre-game prep a bit differently. Bohl was a great coach but could be really dense at times.

http://www.inforum.com/content/rare-snow-game-could-be-cards-bison

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Well, I for one am pleased that Klieman is proving that he is not a dumbass like the last head coach.

I remember when the Bison went to Misery State in 2010. The forecast was for 29F as a high that day and wind. Bohl had the Bison practicing in the dome the week before the game because it was really cold outside. I called his radio show and questioned that decision saying that it seemed to me that the team should be acclimating to the cold conditions, particularly for the ball handlers. He asked me when I had become a college football coach, what a jerk response.

As I recall the Bison fumbled the ball five times, losing four of them, and lost 3-0. I for one am very pleased that the current coach is handling this pre-game prep a bit differently. Bohl was a great coach but could be really dense at times.

http://www.inforum.com/content/rare-snow-game-could-be-cards-bison

Good point. Maybe it's because he's a rookie but I like Coach K's humility and perspective.

cbline
11-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Good point. Maybe it's because he's a rookie but I like Coach K's humility and perspective.

^^^ This. ^^^ I liked Coach K even more when the weekly TV show was renamed "The BISON Football Show".

Bisonator98
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
except the kicking game.
I know u know that...no disrespect intended...just wanted to give those guys some props.

Well Keller has missed a couple and we could use a few more touchbacks on kickoffs but overall they are doing OK.

G_Funky
11-12-2014, 05:28 PM
pass rushers need to stay in their lanes and make this QB beat them through the air. Entz loves to dial up the blitz on 3rd down - hopefully the front 4 can get home on passing situations and they can keep 7 in coverage. Harris is a lot like Carnes except that he knows he can run and will run to make plays instead of trying to utilize an arm he doesnt have.

tony
11-12-2014, 09:35 PM
"Oh, dang, this is the last time we have to play Caleb Schaffitzel," said no Bison fan ever.

The old Missouri State record for interception return yards was 230. Caleb has 146 interception return yards against NDSU alone.

Bisonville GasMan
11-13-2014, 12:21 AM
"Oh, dang, this is the last time we have to play Caleb Schaffitzel," said no Bison fan ever.

The old Missouri State record for interception return yards was 230. Caleb has 146 interception return yards against NDSU alone.

Gesundheit!

BisoninNWMN
11-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Bison come out and prove they are the best team in the nation.

Bison win 35-9

bisonpride4ever
11-13-2014, 12:31 AM
28-13 Bison

Bisonville GasMan
11-13-2014, 12:44 AM
My prediction:

The Bison are so pumped up after their previous weeks loss they come out and take out Misery St by score of 38 - 6 ... then hop a short charter flight to Jacksonville Alabama to take on Jacksonville St who is late in the fourth quarter of their game against Eastern Illinois where Jacksonville St is leading EIU 27 - 13. The Bison piss pound Jacksonville in the 4th quarter to win!!! Final score... EIU/NDSU 41 Jacksonville St 27

Go Bison!!!

17>1
11-13-2014, 12:57 AM
I think every team from here on out will watch that UNI game film over and over again to figure out how to beat us. The thing that separates UNI from a team like MSU, is that UNI has the personnel to do what needed to be done where I don't think many other teams do. Farley (LB), Williams and Johnson are the big 3 I'm referring to. I like our chances against MSU and I think we'll get back to seeing some smashmouth football on Saturday. I'm going to wait until the GDT to make a prediction. Also, I don't think it will reflect MNlong10's pick at all.

BisoninNWMN
11-13-2014, 01:16 AM
I think every team from here on out will watch that UNI game film over and over again to figure out how to beat us. The thing that separates UNI from a team like MSU, is that UNI has the personnel to do what needed to be done where I don't think many other teams do. Farley (LB), Williams and Johnson are the big 3 I'm referring to. I like our chances against MSU and I think we'll get back to seeing some smashmouth football on Saturday. I'm going to wait until the GDT to make a prediction. Also, I don't think it will reflect MNlong10's pick at all.

You said it all right there. Sure teams will try but they do not have XW in the middle.....no FCS team does. IMO, Polasek needs to stretch the field with Vraa to take some pressure off the running game.

westnodak93bison
11-13-2014, 02:29 AM
You said it all right there. Sure teams will try but they do not have XW in the middle.....no FCS team does. IMO, Polasek needs to stretch the field with Vraa to take some pressure off the running game.
Stretch the field in both directions if you have to. To me that should be obvious but wtf?

17>1
11-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Stretch the field in both directions if you have to. To me that should be obvious but wtf?

And by stretch the field, I assume you're not calling for another Bonnet sweep, right? That call made me scratch my head.

RonMexico
11-13-2014, 06:17 AM

And this is what baffled me about the game plan against NIU. You have a NFL caliber nose tackle and an all-conference middle linebacker and what does Polasek do? Just run right at them. You can yell about execute all you want, but sometimes, the guy across from you is just better than you and you are not going to beat him. I mean really, what was the game plan? Was Polasek just hoping Williams and Farley would have a bad game? Why didn’t he make them run sideline to sideline? Xavier should have been cut blocked about 10 times in that first half. Make him pick that 300 lbs up off the turf a few times. Did they cut block him once? Now you wear him down a bit, get him worried about the cut block. Then you have a chance to take him one on one. Why just keep running right at him? Is there some reason why Crockett or Fraizer can’t run off tackle? A reason why they can run a sweep? Is Bonnet really the best option for a sweep?

Where was the fake handoff, Carson rolling the opposite direction and then hitting the TE dragging across the middle? The way they were selling out against the run like everyone is saying, that pattern should have been open all day. I didn’t see it once, maybe I missed it. I just for the life of me cannot figure out what Polasek was trying to accomplish with that game plan.

344Johnson
11-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Yep, it's going to be interesting to see how they respond. You'd think with all the seniors, especially on defense, that they'd come back with a fury but honestly we just don't know because these guys have never come off this kind of beatdown before in their college careers. I think if I was an MSU fan I'd actually be a little more comfortable had the Bison lost close or gotten the ugly win at UNI. MSU is struggling mightily right now so they're gonna need all the help they can get. Seeing an extra motivated NDSU team is probably not good news for them.

This. These guys haven't been shamed like what UNI did. My favorite year of watching Bison games has been 2010, 7-4, team was fun just because you didn't know what they were going to do(Sensor's in Bloomington for MiserySt was a different story). It will be interesting to see how they respond.

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2014, 10:36 AM
This one ought to be a walk for the Bison, but who knows after last week. Still.... Likely Misery State gets pounded.

BisoninNWMN
11-13-2014, 11:36 AM

Agree

Maybe Vraa still has some ankle issues but having a deep threat possibility makes the defense prep for that and take pressure off the running game. The Bison should be able to run on MSU, they are no where near the caliber of UNI.

G_Funky
11-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Run the football, contain Harris, cover kicks, and sing that song

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2014, 11:56 AM
And by stretch the field, I assume you're not calling for another Bonnet sweep, right? That call made me scratch my head.

Yep, that was the low point of the game.....

Bison Fin
11-13-2014, 01:48 PM

That shouldn't even be in the play book. I hope they burn that page

gizmo
11-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Run the football, contain Harris, cover kicks, and sing that song

Oh please don't insist on doing what we do best.

JDZ
11-13-2014, 05:59 PM
My prediction:

The Bison are so pumped up after their previous weeks loss they come out and take out Misery St by score of 38 - 6 ... then hop a short charter flight to Jacksonville Alabama to take on Jacksonville St who is late in the fourth quarter of their game against Eastern Illinois where Jacksonville St is leading EIU 27 - 13. The Bison piss pound Jacksonville in the 4th quarter to win!!! Final score... EIU/NDSU 41 Jacksonville St 27

Go Bison!!!

Ha ha. Wow. That's a helluva prediction.

El_Chapo
11-13-2014, 06:30 PM
get out to fast start, play spirited and win.... that's all I want .

favored by 14

SDbison
11-13-2014, 07:31 PM
NDSU should piss pound Missouri State........they are not ranked in the top 25. I don't care what has happened in the past at their crappy stadium.........Bison need to just go there and win.

coloradobison
11-13-2014, 07:36 PM
good chance of snow and temps around 32 at gametime. sounds like crank the running game up for 400

BisonNeil
11-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Agree

Maybe Vraa still has some ankle issues but having a deep threat possibility makes the defense prep for that and take pressure off the running game. The Bison should be able to run on MSU, they are no where near the caliber of UNI.
It's going to be too windy to ha e a reliable deep ball but I agree, they have to try.

I also agree in making teams run sideline to sideline to gas them. Vigen did that to Sam in the 2012 natty after they took two weeks off and got out of football shape. However, much of the sideline to sideline stuff NDSU runs is based on the jet sweep and options and fakes off of it. Without Ryan Smith that is no longer an effective option. The jet sweep sucks shit through a straw this year and I don't think the coaches expected that and they have not found legitimate options to replace it.

56BISON73
11-14-2014, 12:43 AM
It's going to be too windy to ha e a reliable deep ball but I agree, they have to try.

I also agree in making teams run sideline to sideline to gas them. Vigen did that to Sam in the 2012 natty after they took two weeks off and got out of football shape. However, much of the sideline to sideline stuff NDSU runs is based on the jet sweep and options and fakes off of it. Without Ryan Smith that is no longer an effective option. The jet sweep sucks shit through a straw this year and I don't think the coaches expected that and they have not found legitimate options to replace it.

We do have the speed to beat teams to the edge. The quick pitch works when we decide to use it.

Bisonville GasMan
11-14-2014, 01:05 AM

Soooooo...you don't really like the jet sweep I take it???

BisoninNWMN
11-14-2014, 11:03 AM

Yes, the weather sounds like it will not be conducive for the long passing game but when the Bison get to the playoffs, having that potential threat would be nice to have. Especially when teams move the safety into the box to support the run, the WRs have man coverage on the outside. Maybe we'll see it in the future games here.

I just see teams even like SDSU with their tall WRs.....6-4 or 6-5 on the outside. That is how SDSU scored their TD before the half....jump ball to the tall wide out.

I guess the complaints should be to a minimum since the team has been very good the last 4 years with their own formula of a passing game. Although it seems like the TEs could be used more.

Bisonator98
11-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Soooooo...you don't really like the jet sweep I take it???

Not when we use a TE/FB to run it. :facepalm:

LongLostAlum
11-14-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm not so sure the jet sweep was ever all that effective. As 'BisonNeil' said, I think Smith's quickness just made it work somehow. Coaches more-or-less admit it, saying they keep looking for someone to run it as well as Smith did.

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm not so sure the jet sweep was ever all that effective. As 'BisonNeil' said, I think Smith's quickness just made it work somehow. Coaches more-or-less admit it, saying they keep looking for someone to run it as well as Smith did.

What about Dudzik? Everybody says he's the fastest guy on the team

Elvis was a Bison
11-14-2014, 03:44 PM
What about Dudzik? Everybody says he's the fastest guy on the team

It's like a "tell" in poker. You put Dudzik in on offense, and they are waiting for it to happen.

LongLostAlum
11-14-2014, 03:45 PM
They've tried Dudzik a couple of times, 3 or 4 games ago as I recall, and it didn't work at all. Dudzik is fast, a great athlete, but he doesn't cut sideways up field as quick as Smith did.

Bison Loaf
11-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Smith was originally a running back, and a very good one out of high school, but small.

It isn't everyday that you find a kid with the natural instincts of a good running back, the hands of a receiver, the speed of a sprinter, and the small stature to "hide amongst the trees". Has proven to be the biggest, irreplaceable loss on a team chocked full of "irreplaceables", IMO.

Still....... we're not doing half bad, are we? :biggrin:

Bisonator98
11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Smith was originally a running back, and a very good one out of high school, but small.

It isn't everyday that you find a kid with the natural instincts of a good running back, the hands of a receiver, the speed of a sprinter, and the small stature to "hide amongst the trees". Has proven to be the biggest, irreplaceable loss on a team chocked full of "irreplaceables", IMO.

Still....... we're not doing half bad, are we? :biggrin:

Ty Brooks next year or does he RS?

Bison Loaf
11-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Ty Brooks next year or does he RS?

Could be, but I'm not sure were Brooks will end up playing - offense or defense. The Jet Sweep has to be executed with a regular in the rotation at the receiver position to be effective, IMO, so as not to tip off the play.

Bisonator98
11-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Could be, but I'm not sure were Brooks will end up playing - offense or defense. The Jet Sweep has to be executed with a regular in the rotation at the receiver position to be effective, IMO, so as not to tip off the play.

Agreed and not sure why they pegged Ty as a DB already. He seems like such a play maker on Offense and would be a perfect guy for that slot spot.

KSBisonFan
11-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Weather forecast for tomorrow in Springfield is a high of 37, 30% chance of flurries. Some forecasts calling for accumulation. Keep in mind, if there is even a mention of a 'dusting of snow' people freak out down here. They lose all brain function when it comes to driving. The stores will be sold out of candles, booze and toilet paper.
My point is drive safely and get your beer and asswipe before you get south of any state you even think may have been part of the confederacy.
Bison win this one 3-2.

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Weather forecast for tomorrow in Springfield is a high of 37, 30% chance of flurries. Some forecasts calling for accumulation. Keep in mind, if there is even a mention of a 'dusting of snow' people freak out down here. They lose all brain function when it comes to driving. The stores will be sold out of candles, booze and toilet paper.
My point is drive safely and get your beer and asswipe before you get south of any state you even think may have been part of the confederacy.
Bison win this one 3-2.

I'm probably forgoing beer for boozy hot chocolate.

344Johnson
11-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm probably forgoing beer for boozy hot chocolate.

You and my mother would get along. Femmy drinks

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2014, 07:30 PM
You and my mother would get along. Femmy drinks

Then you wouldn't have gotten along at the tailgate. We had rumchata and all kinds of stuff last weekend.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2014, 07:34 PM
MSU gives up almost 190 yards of rushing per game...I kind of like our odds after hearing that fact. SIU's 4th string back ran all over them last week.

344Johnson
11-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Then you wouldn't have gotten along at the tailgate. We had rumchata and all kinds of stuff last weekend.

I do have a soft spot for rumchata

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2014, 07:49 PM

basically if I can heat it up, drink it and get buzzed, I'm in.

StL Bison Fan
11-14-2014, 07:52 PM

Hot cider with carmel vodka last week

Bison 4 Life
11-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Hot cider with carmel vodka last week

Damn, i missed that!

CaBisonFan
11-14-2014, 10:08 PM
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s606/rickmilks/bison_zpsc6cb8aaa.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/rickmilks/media/bison_zpsc6cb8aaa.jpg.html)It's gotta just be painted.

bisonboone11
11-14-2014, 10:13 PM
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s606/rickmilks/bison_zpsc6cb8aaa.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/rickmilks/media/bison_zpsc6cb8aaa.jpg.html)
How much does it take to ban someone from bisonville? Seems like spamming every thread with something like this would be enough.

A1pigskin
11-14-2014, 10:58 PM
How much does it take to ban someone from bisonville? Seems like spamming every thread with something like this would be enough.

They act like they won the championship.

bisonboone11
11-14-2014, 10:59 PM
They act like they won the championship.
Well, I guess they kind of did considering their season will probably be over after they lose tomorrow.

bri-dog
11-15-2014, 03:30 AM
Well, made it to Tulsa and on to Bentonville. Sitting in the bar waiting for Bison Gal, tolnabison, 75novs, and the rest of the crew. 300 beers - check. Fireball - check. Wine for the women - check. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruinbison
11-15-2014, 03:37 AM
MSU gives up almost 190 yards of rushing per game......
I kind of like our odds after hearing that fact. SIU's 4th string back ran all over them last week.

Ah yes, and MSU is the dreaded 3-4 D.
The Coaching Staff has to be tempted to try and establish that up-the-middle running attack. (putting UNI behind them)
What caught my eye is how young, or small, Missouri State's front 3 are. Perhaps they have had an injury or two.
LE - 6' 3" 270 lbs - FR - Colby Isbell
NT - 6' 3" 285 lbs - RFR - Cecil Bratton
RE - 5' 10" 243 lbs - JR - James Barnes

LB's are 6' 227 lbs, 6' 2" 238 lbs, 6' 1" 226 lbs, 6' 1" 208 lbs.

A pitch-sweep or an off-tackle run would be much enjoyed, however.......:).
GoBison! GoRams!

CAS4127
11-15-2014, 03:54 AM
Ah yes, and MSU is the dreaded 3-4 D.
The Coaching Staff has to be tempted to try and establish that up-the-middle running attack. (putting UNI behind them)
What caught my eye is how young, or small, Missouri State's front 3 are. Perhaps they have had an injury or two.
LE - 6' 3" 270 lbs - FR - Colby Isbell
NT - 6' 3" 285 lbs - RFR - Cecil Bratton
RE - 5' 10" 243 lbs - JR - James Barnes

LB's are 6' 227 lbs, 6' 2" 238 lbs, 6' 1" 226 lbs, 6' 1" 208 lbs.

A pitch-sweep or an off-tackle run would be much enjoyed, however.......:).
GoBison! GoRams!

Mirror image to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-15-2014, 04:14 AM
We have never played very well down in Springfield, but this time will be different. The team has a chip on their shoulder and has a ton to prove this weekend. They will want to make a statement and will come out on fire, score early and often, and never look back.

NDSU 45
MSU 10

On a somewhat related note, UNI has a huge hangover after playing and winning their superbowl for the year and loses at Carbondale, which is too bad because I really wanted to meet up with them again in the playoffs for the revenge game.

ndsubison1
11-15-2014, 05:29 AM
I dont think we blow them out...