PDA

View Full Version : Thank You for 33 Straight

kab1one
11-09-2014, 12:10 AM
That was a once in a life time stretch. We got to experience it.

Lot's of season left.

westnodak93bison
11-09-2014, 12:11 AM
That was a once in a life time stretch. We got to experience it.

Lot's of season left.
Are you saying the world didn't end?

kab1one
11-09-2014, 12:13 AM

I am sure for some it did. But odd's are sun comes up tomorrow and they play another game next week.

Hammerhead
Better to lose now than in December or January.

kab1one

I am sure for some it did. But odd's are sun comes up tomorrow and they play another game next week.

HoopsBison
11-09-2014, 12:16 AM
The loss no doubt sucks balls but we still have everything to play for.

Need to get better!

pucknut9
Better to lose now than in December or January.

This times 100.

Elvis was a Bison
The new streak starts next week, but for now, I'm proud of the guys that hung up 33 W's in a row!!!!!

MAKBison
11-09-2014, 12:17 AM
:judges::judges::judges::judges::judges::judges::j udges::judges::judges::judges:

that was a lot of fun! time to start over

kab1one
11-09-2014, 12:17 AM
This times 100.

On the tv broadcast, talked about Farley's November record, 33 and 8 or something like that... What's his December record?

Not so much.

Dakid3kc
11-09-2014, 12:18 AM
I agree. I preseason predicted this would be the one loss on the schedule and that NDSU would still win the MVFC. BUT this was a baaaad loss. To not be competitive offensively and play that way drops NDSU I feel. I believe now need help to get a top 2 seed.

westnodak93bison
11-09-2014, 12:19 AM
The loss isn't the issue to me because it was gonna happen. To get your ass kicked in every phase and get out coached by a prick like the Montgomery Burns look alike is very concerning.

Tatanka
11-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Thanks Bison! Hell of a run. It starts again on Saturday.

thundarsdaddy
11-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Great thread!

Thanks for the ride and for this whole season, which BY FR isnt over, in fact its just beginning with this reality check.

For me, going thru chemotherapy since July 17, Bison FB has helped keep me sane and focused.

And it will continue right up to Jan. 10, 2015!

scbison91
11-09-2014, 12:23 AM
The loss isn't the issue to me because it was gonna happen. To get your ass kicked in every phase and get out coached by a prick like the Montgomery Burns look alike is very concerning.

LSU got their asses handed to them a few weeks back to Auburn and they are now playing their best football.. 18-22 kids will not be conistent all the time and will learn from this... don't panic.

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Well be ok. Take the pressure off our back. If we win out we should be a #2 seed.

UNI played great but the game was closer than the score. Take away the redzone turnover, the 50 yard kick retuen, the redzone where we settled for a field goal, the Darius Anderson fumble, and the misthrow by Wentz to Vraa and the results could have been different. Could have had a chance to win if we dont mess up all those plays. The last TD was just a run blitz we guessed wrong on. Can't make mistakes vs a good team

Better to get a shit game out of the way. Congrats to UNI

bisonpride4ever
11-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Thanks Bison! What a run. Losing sucks balls but that doesn't take anything away from what was accomplished. Keep your heads up and start the train a-rollin' once again.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

2011BisonAlumni
11-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Well be ok. Take the pressure off our back. If we win out we should be a #2 seed.

The game was closer than the score. Take away the redzone turnover, the redzone where we settled for a field goal, the Darius Anderson fumble, and the misthrow by Wentz to Vraa and the results could have been different. The last TD was just a run blitz we guessed wrong on.

Better to get a shit game out of the way

If NDSU wins out they should be the number 1 seed, no questions about it. Beating as many ranked teams as they have, having an FBS win, and winning the hardest conference (or a share of it at least) should ensure a number 1 in my mind.

aces1180
11-09-2014, 12:30 AM

We should go FBS now.

DM05
11-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the epic run, but we still have a championship run going! Get better this week, start a new streak next Saturday.

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 12:38 AM
If NDSU wins out they should be the number 1 seed, no questions about it. Beating as many ranked teams as they have, having an FBS win, and winning the hardest conference (or a share of it at least) should ensure a number 1 in my mind.

1 or 2 doesn't matter they are both the same really. Nobody in the playoff committee would put Coastal Carolina at 1 or 2. We control our own destiny. I hope UNI misses the playoffs because they look really good right now. Peaking at the right time.

No_Skill
11-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Today I had to explain to my 5 year old boy that sometimes the Bison don't win. He had no idea! :biggrin:

Elvis was a Bison
11-09-2014, 12:39 AM
We should go FBS now.

You forgot your purple font!!!

MNLonghorn10
11-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Hat tip.

Was a hell of a run, something I'll never see again in my life, especially for a team that I cheer for

Hammerhead
11-09-2014, 12:42 AM
We still have a chance to get the important streak alive and add one more to the trophy case.

unbison
11-09-2014, 12:54 AM
Thank you boys it was fun

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-09-2014, 12:56 AM

This times 1000.

StL Bison Fan
11-09-2014, 01:08 AM
This a great thread. I knew the Bison were special when the uni fans rushed the field. The real goal is still in our reach. We were told to enjoy it and i am. The new streak begins next saturday and im going to be there!

We won tailgating!!
sorry the picture rotated. Im on my phone n bus

thundarsdaddy
11-09-2014, 01:10 AM
This a great thread. I knew the Bison were special when the uni fans rushed the field. The real goal is still in our reach. We were told to enjoy it and i am. The new streak begins next saturday and im going to be there!4926

We won tailgating!!

:):):):):):):):):):)

BISONFAN4LIFE
11-09-2014, 01:17 AM
Knew this was to end someday, just not today to the ass Farley. Time to refocus on the big prize. Go Bison!

tony
11-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Yep, no fans in FCS history have seen their team win that many in row. And most likely the FCS will never see that kind of streak again.

Pretty amazing.

BisonNeil
11-09-2014, 01:27 AM
1 or 2 doesn't matter they are both the same really. Nobody in the playoff committee would put Coastal Carolina at 1 or 2. We control our own destiny. I hope UNI misses the playoffs because they look really good right now. Peaking at the right time.

Nobody? Get real. They win out and undefeated they are absolutely a top seed. You all forget who is on the committee, they want NDSU on the road. They are all about the little guys. Look how EIU was seeded! This is a blowout loss and that means a lot to a committee looking for every reason to shit on a top conference.

Bisonator98
11-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Hell of a run! Pretty damn tough to go unbeaten 2 years straight so a loss was bound to happen. Better now then in the playoffs. Disappointed with the performance today, lots to work on but gotta get ready for another tough one next week at MSU. The sun will rise tomorrow as will the mighty Bison!

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Nobody? Get real. They win out and undefeated. They are absolutely a top seed. You all forget who is on the committee, they want NDSU on the road. They are all about the little guys. Look how EIU was seeded! This is a blowout loss and that means a lotto a committee looking for every reason to shit on a top conference.

Doesnt matter. No chance they get #1 or #2. Their conference is weak. How many top 20 wins and FBS wins do they have? How many do we have? Which conference is tougher. It's a laughable idea. Besides we would curb stomp them in Coastal Carolina and they wouldn't win more than 1 game in the playoffs if their lucky

StL Bison Fan
11-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Think about this. We make news because we lost a game. Siu makes news because it snapped a losing streak and won a game. The school up north makes no news.
Its a great time to be a Bison!

BisonNeil
11-09-2014, 01:37 AM
Doesnt matter. No chance they get #1 or #2. Their conference is weak. How many top 20 wins and FBS wins do they have? How many do we have? Which conference is tougher. It's a laughable idea. Besides we would curb stomp them in Coastal Carolina and they wouldn't win more than 1 game in the playoffs if their lucky

You are clueless. It is all in the committee. Check them out. Look at how many bullshit conferences got two bids last year just like theValley. But you are a fool if you don't think an undefeated CC team isn't a top seed. How much cash do you want to lose?

bisonaudit
11-09-2014, 01:40 AM
You are clueless. It is all in the committee. Check them out. Look at how many bullshit conferences got two bids last year just like theValley. But you are a fool if you don't think an undefeated CC team isn't a top seed. How much cash do you want to lose?

Im afraid BisonNeil is going to be right about this. I hope I'm surprised but history suggests that the committee will spread the love around and under value the strength of this conference.

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Im afraid BisonNeil is going to be right about this. I hope I'm surprised but history suggests that the committee will spread the love around and under value the strength of this conference.

Lets say CC gets a #1 seed. We all know they won't make it past the first game. These guys arent the undefeated Sam Houston team they are the undefeated team in the Big South with how many ranked wins? How many FBS wins?
The polls don't mean shit. The playoff committee has been pretty solid except for the last 5 to 7 spots.

BisonNeil
11-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Lets say CC gets a #1 seed. We all know they won't make it past the first game. These guys arent the undefeated Sam Houston team they are the undefeated team in the Big South with how many ranked wins? How many FBS wins?
The polls don't mean shit. The playoff committee has been pretty solid except for the last 5 to 7 spots.
They beat Montana at Montana last year and the committee has a memory. You are just plain wrong and have misplaced blind faith in a committee made up of ADs from minor conferences.

aces1180
11-09-2014, 01:57 AM
If we win out, we'll be a minimum two seed...No worries.

If we don't win out, we'll deserve our spot and make it work.

BisonNeil
11-09-2014, 02:09 AM
If we win out, we'll be a minimum two seed...No worries.

If we don't win out, we'll deserve our spot and make it work.
I am not as confident of that as all of you. If it had been a close loss, yes, but this was a beat down late in the season and that is really going to hurt unless the Bison blow out the next two teams and that will never happen in Springfield.

MNLonghorn10
11-09-2014, 03:08 AM
They beat Montana at Montana last year and the committee has a memory. You are just plain wrong and have misplaced blind faith in a committee made up of ADs from minor conferences.

how'd that work out for them?

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 03:12 AM

If they do indeed have a memory like you said, they will remember the ass whooping we gave Coastal Carolina the following week in which they were as competitive as Moorhead State . You can't have it both ways.

BisonNeil
11-09-2014, 03:19 AM
how'd that work out for them?

They lost to the best FCS team ever so that doesn't matter. What matters is they went to Missoula as a severe underdog and bitch slapped MT.

You can all white wash it if you want but the current committee will be bias in favor of the minor FCS conferences. If CC wins out they are a lock for a top seed, IMO, and if NDSU wins out they will be a three seed since they got footballs pounded up their arse. If they drop another they will have only one home game.

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 03:37 AM
I am not as confident of that as all of you. If it had been a close loss, yes, but this was a beat down late in the season and that is really going to hurt unless the Bison blow out the next two teams and that will never happen in Springfield.

In Bison fans eyes, this was a blowout on the score board. In the rest of the world not so much. McNeese was ranked #6 and lost 2 games by 16 points or more. New Hampshire lost to Toledo by 35.

Personally I think New Hampshire should be #1 despite a 35 point loss to a mediocre Toledo team. Undefeated in the CAA is impressive. NDSU # 2 EWU #3. Nova #4. Coastal Carolina and Jacksonville State aren't in the same discussion on my opinion.

I think our track record gives us an edge.

MNLonghorn10
11-09-2014, 03:53 AM
They lost to the best FCS team ever so that doesn't matter. What matters is they went to Missoula as a severe underdog and bitch slapped MT.

You can all white wash it if you want but the current committee will be bias in favor of the minor FCS conferences. If CC wins out they are a lock for a top seed, IMO, and if NDSU wins out they will be a three seed since they got footballs pounded up their arse. If they drop another they will have only one home game.
that's so damn impressive considering Montana isn't even good. Last year or this year.

HerdBot
11-09-2014, 04:30 AM

They beat Montana by 7. I would hardly call that a bitch slap. And like Longhorn stated. .. Montana isn't any good this year or last year

BlueBisonRock
11-09-2014, 05:07 AM
Thank you Bison football for one hell of a ride. I am grateful that I experienced it. As for the rest, take it to a different thread.

DjKyRo
11-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Devastated by the loss but man...hard to be upset. The streak had to end sometime and although it sucks that it fell to UNI, the reality of what's in front of us is significant. Still 9-1, still a lock for the playoffs and still have a great shot at 4 straight national titles.

chuckles
11-09-2014, 06:32 AM
This was an epic streak and a statement to the level of football played at NDSU. Tough loss, but we'll learn from it, improve, and kick some arse next week.

Id also like to address allllll the haters out there. Man, you had to indure over two years of success, 2 natty titles, and 33 wins. That musta sucked! Enjoy your time of zero relevance. Last I recall we won 2 nattys with a loss in the season.

Ndsu84
11-09-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the incredible streak!

The Bison wins over the gophers, wildcats, and cyclones were awesome!! Everything about the Bison is something to be proud of.

I was disgusted by the talk about how the games are getting boring because we win all the time. I understand fans and students can't make it to the games because there's more going on in life than just football, but I can't accept criticizing a team for winning too many.

They are all tremendous athletes, how can you not appreciate that?

Mr Meaty
11-09-2014, 01:26 PM
A new streak begins this week thank you for 33 great games in a row two college game days three Natty titles let's get our fourth.

HotShot
11-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Incredible once in a lifetime streak. Never see anything like it again. Thank you team.

EC8CH
11-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Enjoyed every second of every game I had the opportunity of attending during the streak.

Once in a lifetime stuff.

A1pigskin
11-09-2014, 06:30 PM
I am thankful that I got to watch 33 straight wins. 33 straight is a nice bragging right. Some of the streaks were in the late 1800's. Number 34 would have been nice but thanks to all the players that contributed and coaches that contributed to make 33 straight wins happen for us fans.

99Bison
11-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Thanks Bison.

bisonp
11-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Heck of a run. I don't think it will really hit home just how impressive this team has been until some time has passed.

MAKBison
11-10-2014, 06:53 PM
33 in a row was great, but honestly 4 iNC n a row is better! Has anyone ever done that!

tony
11-10-2014, 07:49 PM
33 in a row was great, but honestly 4 iNC n a row is better! Has anyone ever done that!

In D3, Augustana (IL) did it from 1983 to 1986 - kind of a coincidence that NDSU almost had four in a row in that same exact time frame.

In D2, nobody has done it.

In the FCS, nobody has done it.

In the BCS, nobody has done it.

bisonridge
11-12-2014, 01:30 AM
It was and is a great ride, the steak is over but now the important and fun stuff is just beginning when we get closer to the playoffs!! 4peat baby!!

CyPanth
11-12-2014, 02:47 AM
It was the greatness of your program and the winning streak that made the victory so wonderful for us. A bit back-handed, but it really is meant as a compliment.