PDA

View Full Version : Ndsu Glen Mason love now

El_Chapo
11-06-2014, 09:50 PM
On kfan msp. I wrote into Danny B.

4:45 pm on his podcast
They said they thought we'd drop after bohl left. But Dayum they are a program!

Mason says "those billboards in cities with just NDSU are sweet"

Then gardsie talked up ndsu !! And fargo

MNLonghorn10
11-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Love the thread Chapo. Good to see Dan Bareeoh and Gurdsy talking up a potential monster of a program. they see the light.

keep up the good fight for the rest of us. Nobody here is doing enough to spread the word..but you. you are on a whole different level of amazement.

Hope the weekends kind to you down in Cedar Falls! Have a beer or 40 for me

El_Chapo
11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
They came back at end and said. "I love NDSU ..you know who beat #8 Kansas State last year....NDSU!"

HoopsBison
11-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Do we really need a thread every time kfan mentions NDSU??? I mean dont get me wrong its awesome just seems kind of small time to me. Do other FBS programs do this?

bisonaudit
11-06-2014, 10:05 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ02_znC1ro8DEAuL33GqpguXJDrPv3 E_bZ3dBzScb7lfMMXwm

westnodak93bison
11-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Do we really need a thread every time kfan mentions NDSU??? I mean dont get me wrong its awesome just seems kind of small time to me. Do other FBS programs do this?
We can stop starting threads like this when we go FBS and no sooner.

HerdBot
11-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Love the thread Chapo. Good to see Dan Bareeoh and Gurdsy talking up a potential monster of a program. they see the light.

keep up the good fight for the rest of us. Nobody here is doing enough to spread the word..but you. you are on a whole different level of amazement.

http://www.nikkilundberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oral-sex-silhouette.jpg

bisonaudit
11-06-2014, 10:23 PM

Just about all this stuff ends up available on pod casts now right? I appreciate the heads up, though. Maybe something like the video links thread to house them?

Tony Almeida
11-06-2014, 10:57 PM

I love hearing about things like this, Bisonville is what keeps me in the loop...I snag up most of my Bison info from all you guys!

So keep up the good work for I'm too lazy to search for everything you people are finding!!!

MAKBison
11-06-2014, 11:07 PM
I actually appreciate the heads up. Gives me a chance to go listen/read articles that I would never have time to chase down

El_Chapo
11-06-2014, 11:10 PM
You're welcome!! Like Miley sings

http://24.media.tumblr.com/955532ed3b867a869f43ae06bb5507c1/tumblr_n047s1E5O21trn5e5o1_r1_500.jpg

Should be up soon http://www.kfan.com/media/podcast-the-dan-barreiro-show-KFAN_Barreiro/

Elvis was a Bison
11-06-2014, 11:30 PM

Wipe your chin, for Christ's sake!!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Thundering Herd
11-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Ahhhhhhh....you beat me to it!

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2014, 11:59 PM

Great post EwaB. You represent!

Hope your weekend is great!

Bison Gal
11-07-2014, 12:08 AM
They came back at end and said. "I love NDSU ..you know who beat #8 Kansas State last year....NDSU!"

That's awesome......

Herd80
11-07-2014, 12:40 AM
You're welcome!! Like Miley sings

http://24.media.tumblr.com/955532ed3b867a869f43ae06bb5507c1/tumblr_n047s1E5O21trn5e5o1_r1_500.jpg

Should be up soon http://www.kfan.com/media/podcast-the-dan-barreiro-show-KFAN_Barreiro/

Miley Cyrus? Really?

EndZoneQB
11-07-2014, 12:43 AM

Great post EwaB. You represent!

Hope your weekend is great!

Pot...meet kettle!

I did hear the segment, Barreiro called him out for not giving NDSU love and then mason spent a little bit of time on them. Bump even kind of changed the subject and Mason kept bringing them back up.

I'm a fan of Glen Mason on the radio.

HerdBot
11-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Podcast is up. Great stuff. Love listening to mason.

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2014, 01:16 AM
Pot...meet kettle!

http://replygif.net/i/1267.gif

El_Chapo
11-07-2014, 01:49 AM
http://www.kfan.com/media/podcast-the-dan-barreiro-show-KFAN_Barreiro/1106-bumper-to-bumper-full-show-25535259/

hour #2 towards the end.

1998braves64
11-07-2014, 02:15 AM
On kfan msp. I wrote into Danny B.

4:45 pm on his podcast
They said they thought we'd drop after bohl left. But Dayum they are a program!

Mason says "those billboards in cities with just NDSU are sweet"

Then gardsie talked up ndsu !! And fargo

Gaardsy talks up NDSU and Fargo a lot (considering he works for a radio station that broadcasts Gophers and works as a Gophers sideline reporter...), doesn't he have a bunch of family connections, or is it his wife, to the area? Seems he's been to a few Bison games from what I understand.

HoopsBison
11-07-2014, 02:17 AM
Gaardsy talks up NDSU and Fargo a lot (considering he works for a radio station that broadcasts Gophers and works as a Gophers sideline reporter...), doesn't he have a bunch of family connections, or is it his wife, to the area? Seems he's been to a few Bison games from what I understand.

Wife went to NDSU. Gaardsy is the Man!

Portlandbison
11-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Wife went to NDSU. Gaardsy is the Man!
Close, Jenny went to school at Concordia where she played tennis and ran cross country.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2014, 03:43 AM
I loved when he explained what a "program" was to Bump. Coaches and administrators are interchangeable.

onbison09
11-07-2014, 03:47 AM
Thanks Lakes for an awesome Miley pic

Herd
11-07-2014, 04:26 PM
I was actually listening to Mase in your face last evening during the NDSU comments. I thought to my self, I hope the comment came from a non-descript/normal NDSU fan, because I do agree that Mase goes out of his way sometimes to not talk about NDSU. I thought to myself, I hope that the comment didn't come from some D-bag like Lakes. Nope, D-bag comment all the way.

Probably a valid tweet for Mase to hear, but the source is pretty predictable.

El_Chapo
11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Herd. You have no idea the relationship I have with kfan. If it wasn't for me they'd NEVER talk NDSU. . They want to keep ndsu a secret especially the star tribune.
I'll match the exposure I've gotten ndsu down there with any other fan. (Obviously the players do the work and I'll be tailgating at halftime puffy!)

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Herd must lead a sad life if you're the first person he thought of. Then went on to call you a d-bag for no reason.

bisonaudit
11-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Herd. You have no idea the relationship I have with kfan. If it wasn't for me they'd NEVER talk NDSU. . They want to keep ndsu a secret especially the star tribune.
I'll match the exposure I've gotten ndsu down there with any other fan. (Obviously the players do the work and I'll be tailgating at halftime puffy!)

So, KFAN doesn't have call screeners now?

They talk about what they want to talk about. If they don't want to talk about what you want to talk about you don't get on the air.

El_Chapo
11-07-2014, 05:49 PM
They call screen good point. I get around that wink.

Well Cripes do some of you ever goto twin cities or Chicago or anywhere? They don't talk NDSU. What NDSU has going on right now should be put out to the masses. I heard Mason for 7 weeks on Thursdays not once mention ndsu. So I texted Dan & Gardsie and said "give NDSU some love 33 straight 6 nfl guys"

So they did..let's be happy about that!!..it's not like I gave them ebola..geez

Herd12
11-07-2014, 06:41 PM
They call screen good point. I get around that wink.

Well Cripes do some of you ever goto twin cities or Chicago or anywhere? They don't talk NDSU. What NDSU has going on right now should be put out to the masses. I heard Mason for 7 weeks on Thursdays not once mention ndsu. So I texted Dan & Gardsie and said "give NDSU some love 33 straight 6 nfl guys"

So they did..let's be happy about that!!..it's not like I gave them ebola..geez

OK but is KFAN really the "masses"? MSP is the 15th biggest market in the US. Whatever condescending stuff they say about NDSU on the MSP radio doesn't do anything for us compared to the coverage on ESPN and the exposure the team gets from being on ESPN3 and having playoff/NC games on the ESPN family of networks. Minnesota isn't the "masses" it's just Minnesota.

HoopsBison
11-07-2014, 06:49 PM

Haha too funny chapo, you are the Man! keep it up.

bri-dog
11-07-2014, 06:49 PM
I think he meant to type "them asses".

grizlandbisonfan
11-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Herd. You have no idea the relationship I have with kfan. If it wasn't for me they'd NEVER talk NDSU. )

Holy crap get off your horse. They talk about us because we win. They talk about NDSU because the atetic programs have given them continual reason to do so. To take that credit away from the student athletes, something you never were, is a fuggin insult. Of course in your world everything is about you.

This place was better without you.

loudsilverado
11-07-2014, 06:50 PM
I don't understand why Lakes is constantly striving for some form of "approval" or head nod of acknowledgement from Minnesota, or Minnesota related entities.

NDSU92
11-07-2014, 06:59 PM
In his defense, he got interviewed on KFAN (I believe it was KFAN) and represented himself and NDSU very well. Along with providing us with what may have been the quote of the year on BV.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM
In his defense, he got interviewed on KFAN (I believe it was KFAN) and represented himself and NDSU very well. Along with providing us with what may have been the quote of the year on BV.

He called in. He's a caller.

I used to do a show at the Ticket 1280 in Fargo and one of our very regular callers was Mike the Viking Fanatic (I'm not sure he's still around)

Some days we'd let him on, other days we wouldn't. He'd just keep calling. Funny part is I also used to work at Y94 and he'd call me there wanting to get on the next day and stuff.

Having actually worked in the business I'm acutely aware of showcraft and who to have on and who not. If we wanted to talk about something, we'd have callers that helped us out. They all kept calling no matter what.

I'm not dogging on Lakes (today) but he seriously is just another fan who works harder than most people to get some attention. That is the reality of this whole thing.

bisonmike2
11-07-2014, 07:55 PM

I used to do a show at the Ticket 1280 in Fargo and one of our very regular callers was Mike the Viking Fanatic (I'm not sure he's still around)

Some days we'd let him on, other days we wouldn't. He'd just keep calling. Funny part is I also used to work at Y94 and he'd call me there wanting to get on the next day and stuff.

Having actually worked in the business I'm acutely aware of showcraft and who to have on and who not. If we wanted to talk about something, we'd have callers that helped us out. They all kept calling no matter what.

I'm not dogging on Lakes (today) but he seriously is just another fan who works harder than most people to get some attention. That is the reality of this whole thing.

I hope Viking Mike is still around. That guy used t come in to the bank I worked at all the time. I always obliged him when he came in. General stuff like "Hey Viking Mike, how are the Vikes going to do this weekend?" He was always friendly to me until he found out I was a Packer fan and then he stopped talking to me. He's the real life Viking equivalent of Carl Gerbschmidt. To this day, when I hear Carl Gerbschmidt I imagine he looks exactly like Viking Mike.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2014, 07:56 PM
I hope Viking Mike is still around. That guy used t come in to the bank I worked at all the time. I always obliged him when he came in. General stuff like "Hey Viking Mike, how are the Vikes going to do this weekend?" He was always friendly to me until he found out I was a Packer fan and then he stopped talking to me. He's the real life Viking equivalent of Carl Gerbschmidt. To this day, when I hear Carl Gerbschmidt I imagine he looks exactly like Viking Mike.

He cornered me in a bathroom once. That sucked.

tjamz
11-07-2014, 08:30 PM

I usually stay out of these things, but in this case you are incorrect. He was introduced on the show as "Fire Denny Guy" and lakes (or someone who knows him) had let us know a day or so ahead of time that he would be on.

Wait... found the thread: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29226-Lakes-to-be-on-PA-tomorrow-morning!

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2014, 08:33 PM
I usually stay out of these things, but in this case you are incorrect. He was introduced on the show as "Fire Denny Guy" and lakes (or someone who knows him) had let us know a day or so ahead of time that he would be on.

Wait... found the thread: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29226-Lakes-to-be-on-PA-tomorrow-morning!

Because he called in. Just because he said he would call it ahead of time doesn't mean that's not the relationship. Legitimate interview subjects are represented by their real names and credentials.

Look at John Neis on the Des Moines station earlier this year. They didn't say "we have SamsRams on the line".

I know a thing or two about how this works.

tjamz
11-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Because he called in. Just because he said he would call it ahead of time doesn't mean that's not the relationship. Legitimate interview subjects are represented by their real names and credentials.

Look at John Neis on the Des Moines station earlier this year. They didn't say "we have SamsRams on the line".

I know a thing or two about how this works.

During the interview it was obvious that they knew exactly who he was and that his call was expected. The referenced seeing him rush the court and hump someone's leg (Tim Miles maybe?) and referred to him as the biggest Bison rube he knew so he had to have him on the show. Paraphrasing that a bit.

I know you hate lakes/Sam. Don't blame you nor do I expect anyone/everyone to love the guy. He's loud, annoying, never shuts, up, etc... I get it. The fact is that in this case he was scheduled to be on. Why they (PA & Leber) didn't refer to him as Sam.... IDK (maybe they actually did and I forgot/missed it).

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2014, 08:47 PM
During the interview it was obvious that they knew exactly who he was and that his call was expected. The referenced seeing him rush the court and hump someone's leg (Tim Miles maybe?) and referred to him as the biggest Bison rube he knew so he had to have him on the show. Paraphrasing that a bit.

I know you hate lakes/Sam. Don't blame you nor do I expect anyone/everyone to love the guy. He's loud, annoying, never shuts, up, etc... I get it. The fact is that in this case he was scheduled to be on. Why they (PA & Leber) didn't refer to him as Sam.... IDK (maybe they actually did and I forgot/missed it).

They didn't, they referred to him by his caller nickname because he calls ALL THE TIME. They have dozens of guys like him. Once again, I am injecting some reality to this fantasy chain of Lakes being a KFAN contributor like Michelle Tafoya or anything like that.

Common Man would refer to him as a Rube which is the most apt description of what he does I can possibly think of.

Bison bison
11-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Lakes==Carl Gerbschmidt

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Lakes==Carl Gerbschmidt

Not even that. That's actually an arranged bit.

Herd
11-07-2014, 08:51 PM
And here I thought they would be talking about NDSU because of the great accomplishments of NDSU, 33 wins, a top 30 sagarin and AP votes. Nope, that would have been too good to be true. Instead, more chest pounding on bisonville by said caller. Sad really. Is NDSU pub a good thing when it comes from Lakes? Umm . . . No. Lacks a certain organic appeal.

tjamz
11-07-2014, 08:52 PM
They didn't, they referred to him by his caller nickname because he calls ALL THE TIME. They have dozens of guys like him. Once again, I am injecting some reality to this fantasy chain of Lakes being a KFAN contributor like Michelle Tafoya or anything like that.

Common Man would refer to him as a Rube which is the most apt description of what he does I can possibly think of.

I never said that he was a regular KFAN contributor, I said you were wrong about them interviewing him. I even mentioned that they called him the biggest Bison Rube they knew. Doesn't mean that this one time he wasn't asked to come on and give a fan perspective (or even a rube perspective).

His call was expected and planned for in that time period however. Every other call he's ever made into the show, I'd probably agree with you.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2014, 09:00 PM
And here I thought they would be talking about NDSU because of the great accomplishments of NDSU, 33 wins, a top 30 sagarin and AP votes. Nope, that would have been too good to be true. Instead, more chest pounding on bisonville by said caller. Sad really. Is NDSU pub a good thing when it comes from Lakes? Umm . . . No. Lacks a certain organic appeal.

If it existed without him needing to get so much credit for everything.

westnodak93bison
11-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Lakes==Carl Gerbschmidt
Lmao.......

Answer Guy
11-07-2014, 09:23 PM
He cornered me in a bathroom once. That sucked.

What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom.

Please?

bisonaudit
11-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Lakes==Carl Gerbschmidt

If Carl hadn't sent me a dozen coasters with the Packers schedule on them a few years back, you couldn't convince me that either of them are real people.

El_Chapo
11-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Why is this even an issue. I don't care about fame. I already got fame. And I certainly don't need to get your guys approval. I'll live trust me

I simply got barerrio to call out Mason about NDSU. Then they talked for 10 min about ndsu...

What's your pproblem. This is GOOD NEWS!!!

Herd12
11-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Real God's honest question. Why is lakes/sam/chapo/dragons still having to post as Chapo? Can't he just go back to posting as lakes? The jig is pretty completely up. Just my $.02.

tjamz
11-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Real God's honest question. Why is lakes/sam/chapo/dragons still having to post as Chapo? Can't he just go back to posting as lakes? The jig is pretty completely up. Just my $.02.

Agreed. I've wondered this myself, though I trust that Tony has his reasons.

bisonaudit
11-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Agreed. I've wondered this myself, though I trust that Tony has his reasons.

You are who you pretend to be?

westnodak93bison
11-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Wanting to snuff out El_Chapo has ramifications. Tread lightly my friend.

tjamz
11-07-2014, 11:11 PM
You are who you pretend to be?

Yup, I'm known as tjamz by many people on many forums. Even my license plate has it on it.

But to the real point, it just seems silly that he's allowed to be here, but not use his old handle/nickname/moniker/whatever

El_Chapo
11-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Can't we all just get along. I love you all cedar falls bartenders already worried haha

bisonaudit
11-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Yup, I'm known as tjamz by many people on many forums. Even my license plate has it on it.

But to the real point, it just seems silly that he's allowed to be here, but not use his old handle/nickname/moniker/whatever

We are who we pretend to be?

missingnumber7
11-08-2014, 12:28 AM

Its deep in here...deep beneath the BS of bragging up getting on some tiny little regional BS show.

El_Chapo
11-08-2014, 12:35 AM
No one is bragging....yawn

unbison
11-08-2014, 12:38 AM

When you claim to have fame that is bragging your not famous you are 1000% infamous

loudsilverado
11-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Wanting to snuff out El_Chapo has ramifications. Tread lightly my friend.

Yeah, watch it or he will threaten you with a lawyer.

ZHerd
11-08-2014, 01:53 AM

"We are what we make ourselves" might be better since pretending seems to denote universal hypocrisy which doesn't exist. Way to ruin the most awesome thread ever with philosophy (purple)

stevdock
11-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Hey they are talking about NDSU on ESPN2 right now. Now this is bigger than Lakes getting KFAN to talk about us. Lakes has some work to do now.

ZHerd
11-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Hey they are talking about NDSU on ESPN2 right now. Now this is bigger than Lakes getting KFAN to talk about us. Lakes has some work to do now.

Clearly he influenced espn2

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-08-2014, 02:25 AM
The constant begging for validation by some Bison fans is quite embarrassing to the rest of us.

missingnumber7
11-08-2014, 02:28 AM

And this is thread worthy in the football forum why?

56BISON73
11-08-2014, 02:33 AM
The constant begging for validation by some Bison fans is quite embarrassing to the rest of us.

No kidding. . Geez

1998braves64
11-08-2014, 05:16 AM
Don't forget lakes chapo has a picture of him and PA hanging out at Canterbury. Pretty sure it likely was prearranged but it was because PA knew chapo dragons would not pass up the chance to make lakes persona and ego bigger.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Bison bison
11-08-2014, 05:21 AM

Is this the thread with the Sagarin ratings?

El_Chapo
11-08-2014, 06:31 AM
NDSU rules cedar falls...The beat writer just conceded victory to us at voodoo lounge!! We win

BisonNeil
11-08-2014, 05:51 PM
NDSU rules cedar falls...The beat writer just conceded victory to us at voodoo lounge!! We win

Not sure the beat writer has much to say about the outcome.

Tatanka
11-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Not sure the beat writer has much to say about the outcome.

Um, that's kind of like their job and stuff....

Oh, did you mean they don't have much influence over how the game plays out? :D

bisonaudit
11-08-2014, 06:09 PM

so what does this mean for the free whiskey at the tailgate?

Elvis was a Bison
11-09-2014, 01:17 AM

How's kissing the ass of that bozo working out for you tonight???

El_Chapo
11-09-2014, 07:19 AM
It wasn't thier beat writer. It was a si writer.