PDA

View Full Version : FCS Week 11

NDSUstudent
11-04-2014, 02:56 AM
Key FCS Games:
11/7: Fordham at Bucknell 5:30 p.m. CBS Sports Network- We have some Friday nigh lights in the FCS this week, this game is basically the Patriot League title game. Both teams are unbeaten in Patriot League play, Fordham is the favorite being nationally ranked in the top 10 of the FCS. The Rams have plenty of firepower with QB Michael Nebrich throwing for over 2500 yards and RB Chase Edmonds racking up over 1300 yards on the ground. It should be interesting to see how Bucknell's defense matches up with Fordham's offense, Bucknell's defense is the best in the Patriot League and ranks highly in multiple national categories including top 15 in both rushing and total defense. No Patriot team has been able to slow down Fordham but perhaps the Bison have the defense to get that done.

UPDATE: Apparently Nebrich will not be playing in this game due to an appendectomy, should make things more interesting.

SDSU at Indiana State noon- This is a massive game in the MVFC, the winner will have an inside track at an at-large bid. This game features a battle of QBs both Mike Perish and Austin Sumner are solid QBs. SDSU will have an edge with Zenner, Indiana State still has yet to build a viable rushing attack to compliment Perish. That said what the Trees lack in rushing they make up in moxy, in close games when ISUB needs to make something happen they almost always do. Last week it was a trick kick return play, against UNI it was a WR pass....both set up game winning field goals. ISUB just finds ways to win ball games, one week they might run out of tricks will this be the week or does head coach Mike Sanford still have some tricks up his sleeve?

Montana at Eastern Washington 2 p.m. Root Sports NW/Root Sports RM/Direct TV 101- Huge game for Montana, the Griz are in desperate need of a resume boosting win and this is one of their last chances to get it done. Montana bounced back nicely against Sac State after a very tough loss to Cal Poly. Meanwhile EWU also recovered nicely from a tough loss at NAU by dismantling a hapless UND team at home. Adding more intrigue to this game is the fact that Vernon Adams will be a gametime decision, there is no doubt that with Adams under center the EWU offense becomes one of the most dynamic in the country. If Adams comes back it may be very tough for Montana's sputtering offense to keep pace.

Cal Poly at Idaho State 3:35 p.m. Big Sky TV- Idaho State needs to win the Big Sky autobid to get into the playoffs, having played two non-DI games they have no at-large hopes. This is their first big test in getting that done. Cal Poly right now is on a roll, their triple option attack shredded both Montana and Montana State in consecutive weeks. Idaho State is also red hot, winners of four straight games and is in the heap of six Big Sky teams tied with one conference loss. The Bengals will try to counter Cal Poly's rushing attack with a great runner of their own in Xavier Finney who has rushed for 1200 yards this season. This Big Sky battle could likely be decided by who is more effective at running the ball and stopping the run, with that thought in mind perhaps it isn't surprising that these teams are both having big success in the Big Sky this year.

NDSU at UNI 4 p.m. NBC ND/Comcast Sports Chicago- UNI winning last week has suddenly turned this back into a big game. This game features no shortage of great athletes and of course two of the most dynamic runnings backs in the MVFC in David Johnson and John Crockett. With that said this really boils down to how effective Johnson is against the Bison defense, last year he gashed the Bison pretty good at the Fargodome and his play combined with some timely pass plays had NDSU on the ropes. If he can muster another big game, perhaps the Bison win streak could again be put in jeopardy but if the Bison can bottle up Johnson I'm not sure Brion Carnes has what it takes to beat the Bison. Carnes has been wildly inconsistent, he can make some things happen with this legs but when he throws the ball it can get dicey.

Youngstown State at Illinois State 1 p.m. ESPN3- Both YSU and ISUR have one conference loss, if either team wants to have any shot of clinching at least a share of the MVFC this is a must win game. ISUR has been tough at home, no team has come within 14 points of beating the Redbirds in Normal. YSU did show some road swagger when they beat SDSU in Brookings on Hobo Day, they will need to find some more of that swagger if they are going to take down an angry ISUR team after their first loss of the season against UNI.

FCS Game of the Week:
Jacksonville State at EKU 1 p.m. OVC Digital Network- Despite their baffling loss to Tennessee Tech, EKU still can claim the OVC autobid. With a win in this game they would have victories over both Jacksonville State and EIU, those tiebreakers would basically mean all EKU would have to do is beat Murray State in order to claim the autobid outright. But before they get to Murray State they must get through Jacksonville State which is no easy task. The only loss Jacksonville State has in 2014 is to a top 10 FBS team in Michigan State. Jacksonville State was the surprise team of the playoffs in 2013, throttling both Samford and McNeese State before losing a close game to EWU. If the Gamecocks can get a win on the road against EKU all that stands in their way of not just getting into the FCS playoffs but a high seed would be a game at home vs EIU. A seeded Jacksonville State team could do some damage in the playoffs. For both teams there is a lot on the line, from a conference title to potential seeding this game has it all.

TV Guide
11/6: Bethune-Cookman at Norfolk State 6:30 p.m. ESPNU
11/6: Grambling State at MVSU 6:30 p.m. ESPN3
11/7: Fordham at Bucknell 5:30 p.m. CBS Sports Network
Gardner Webb at Charleston Southern 10 a.m. ESPN3
Presbyterian at Ole Miss 11 a.m. SEC Network
Wagner at Robert Morris 11 a.m. ESPN3
Richmond at Maine 11:30 a.m. Fox College Sports Central
Yale at Brown 11:30 a.m. Fox College Sports Atlantic
Weber State at North Dakota noon Midco Sports Net/Big Sky TV
Wofford at Chattanooga noon ESPN3
Columbia at Harvard noon ESPN3
Youngstown State at Illinois State 1 p.m. ESPN3
SE Missouri State at Tennessee Tech 1:30 p.m. ESPN3
Montana at Eastern Washington 2 p.m. Root Sports NW/Root Sports RM/Direct TV 101
Elon at William & Mary 2:30 p.m. SNY/Comcast Sports
Monmouth at Liberty 2:30 p.m. MASN/ASN
Penn at Princeton 2:30 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Lamar at Central Arkansas 3 p.m. Fox College Sports Central/ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
UT Martin at Mississippi State 3 p.m. SEC Network
UC Davis at Northern Arizona 3 p.m. Fox Sports Arizona
NDSU at UNI 4 p.m. NBC ND/Comcast Sports Chicago
Towson at Villanova 6 p.m. SNY/ASN

Where to find other FCS games(FREE) online....
http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm (Guide to all games on TV or online webcasts)
OVC Conference...http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/
Big Sky Conference...http://www.americaonesports.com/bigsky.asp
Big South Conference...http://www.bigsouthsports.com/live/8589
Northeast Conference...http://www.necfrontrow.com/
Patriot League...http://www.campusinsiders.com/network/patriot_league/live
SoCon Digital Network...http://www.socondigitalnetwork.com/
Various other games....http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/33-NCAA

Bison Loaf
11-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for these threads, Student. I always find myself coming on here and being surprised as hell every time NDSU is NOT the game of the week! :biggrin: Of course, that just goes to show that I could never have the objectivity to do this thread myself, but very much appreciate your ability to do so. Thanks again!

tony
11-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Nice work as usual, NDSUStudent.

BTW, did anybody watch the YSU v USD game? YSU did not look good at all - although they got some nice runs off tackle. Based on that game and the game last year at SDSU, I'm wondering if they just can't hack it when it gets below 40. Announcer said that they have 20+ Floridians on the team. Makes that Illinois State v YSU game all the more interesting.

NDSUstudent
11-05-2014, 02:42 PM
5dimes lines...

MVFC:
ISUB -1 vs SDSU
NDSU -9 at UNI
ISUR -9 vs YSU
WIU -4 at USD
MSU -4 vs SIU

Other games of interest:
Fordham -11 at Bucknell
EWU -8 vs Montana
Idaho St -4 vs Cal Poly
Jacksonville St -4 at EKU
JMU pick em at Stony Brook

bisonaudit
11-05-2014, 03:10 PM
5dimes lines...

MVFC:
ISUB -1 vs SDSU
NDSU -9 at UNI
ISUR -9 vs YSU
WIU -4 at USD
MSU -4 vs SIU

Sagarin likes S Ill a lot and Ill St somewhat less. Wouldn't play the other 3.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Watching the MEAC game on ESPNU and all I can say is it will be a damn shame if this conference gets two bids again this year.

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2014, 01:42 AM
watchin Thursday night football, Jim Nantz said something like "and he hands it off to the rookie from Tiffin!"

referring to Terrance West

NDSUstudent
11-07-2014, 01:52 AM
watchin Thursday night football, Jim Nantz said something like "and he hands it off to the rookie from Tiffin!"

referring to Terrance West

Well outside of the Terrance West era, Towson football hasn't exactly done much of anything but suck. So I'm not shocked by it.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2014, 01:56 AM
They just mentioned our game with UNI on the ESPNU broadcast. Talked about our streak and then said UNI is scary.

Also they said the MVFC has taken over as the dominant conference from the CAA.

El_Chapo
11-07-2014, 02:31 AM
saw that too. MEAC...more like the MIAC

NDSUstudent
11-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Fordham at Bucknell on CBS Sports Network right now...

Fordham's star QB is out, could make this game interesting. Bucknell has a decent defense.

tony
11-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Fordham at Bucknell on CBS Sports Network right now...

Fordham's star QB is out, could make this game interesting. Bucknell has a decent defense.

Geez, Fordham hasn't had much luck keeping their QB healthy.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Geez, Fordham hasn't had much luck keeping their QB healthy.

Yeah, I remember they lost to Lafayette last year because he couldn't go.

Back to the game...it is now delayed due to a tailgate fire. First time I've seen that happen.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Bison(NDSU variety) getting some love on the broadcast now.

Fordham is up 7-0. Sounds like Bucknell is also going with a back up QB, battle of the back ups right now.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Impressed with the CBS Sports coverage. Talking about all of the FCS team and even had a bracketology segment.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 01:44 AM
Wow Bucknell now up 24-17 with 3 minutes to play.

bri-dog
11-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Holy crap -- that didn't take long. Fordham gashes the Bucknell D for the tying touchdown with 2:05 left...

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 01:58 AM
Looking like OT. Fun game to watch.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 02:14 AM
Fordham wins and they are the first team in the FCS playoffs!

Tatanka
11-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Lol@Big Fluffy

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/531112382290857984

Good point from UNI A.D.: Northern Arizona in driver's seat for Big Sky autobid, and NAU has non-D1 win and lost to last-place Valley USD.
Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.

BadlandsBison
11-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Lol@Big Fluffy

Good point from UNI A.D.: Northern Arizona in driver's seat for Big Sky autobid, and NAU has non-D1 win and lost to last-place Valley USD.
Chances of a big skirt team making it past the second round? Maybe eastern Washington?

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Chances of a big skirt team making it past the second round? Maybe eastern Washington?

Cal Poly is looking good.

BadlandsBison
11-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Cal Poly is looking good.
True. A running game is a solid bet it seems

Mr Meaty
11-08-2014, 04:28 PM
All Big Fluffy teams look good when they are playing conference games. Once out of the conference they suck. :rofl:

aces1180
11-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Seriously...There are MAYBE 3,000 in the tin shed today.

#buttBubbaball

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Wow Maine is thumping Richmond 23-6

Also...ISUB 9 SDSU 0 2nd qtr

Sounds like ISUB got another trick play TD.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 06:00 PM
UND might be the worst offensive team in DI football.

Tatanka
11-08-2014, 06:05 PM
UND might be the most offensive team in DI football.

Also acceptable

taper
11-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Lol@Big Fluffy

Wouldn't be the first time USD beat an autobid winner and finished last in the Valley. Got their only win of the season against Colgate 2 years ago.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 06:25 PM
SDSU 7
ISUB 9 Halftime

YSU 7
ISUR 0 1st qtr

HerdBoy
11-08-2014, 06:41 PM
YSU 7 yard punt?

natstar1
11-08-2014, 06:43 PM
is Molberg hurt?

HerdBoy
11-08-2014, 06:47 PM
is Molberg hurt?

He got hurt a couple of weeks ago against Southern Utah and is out for the rest of the season.

natstar1
11-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Weber up 24-3

onbison09
11-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Weber up 24-3
Wow. Love it.

HerdBoy
11-08-2014, 06:54 PM
YSU 14 - Illinois State 7. 2nd Quarter.

Tatanka
11-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Weber up 24-3

http://i.imgur.com/NvJd1Jh.gif

semobison
11-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Youngstown 21, Illinois St 14, 6 minutes and change left in the 3rd. The Penguins have themselves a good QB!

tony
11-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Maine 30
Richmond 20

7 minutes left.

semobison
11-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Jacks lead Syc's 18-9 early 4th qtr.

semobison
11-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Montana leads EWU 3-0 mid 1st qtr. Adams is back and playing for EWU!

tony
11-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Final: Maine beats Richmond, 33-20.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 07:39 PM
SDSU 25
ISUB 9 10 minutes to play

Rabbits looking like they will take down the trees. Now they get WIU and USD at home....playoffs suddenly looking good for the Jacks.

semobison
11-08-2014, 07:43 PM
SDSU 25
ISUB 9 10 minutes to play

Rabbits looking like they will take down the trees. Now they get WIU and USD at home....playoffs suddenly looking good for the Jacks.

Yep, the Jacks are getting to be an annual playoff team. Need to finish the season but the schedule definitely favors them.

semobison
11-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Adams throws two TD passes in a 3 minute stretch and EWU leads Montana 13-3 late 1st qtr.

semobison
11-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Weber St. finally get a win 24-12!

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Chatty beats Wofford and clinches the SoCon autobid

HerdBoy
11-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Jacks 32 - Trees 17. Final. Sumner almost 300 yards passing.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 08:26 PM
YSU 21
ISUR 28 4th Qtr

semobison
11-08-2014, 08:31 PM
YSU 21
ISUR 28 4th Qtr

Watching this game on ESPN3! Two pretty darn good teams. Both of these teams could represent the Valley well in the playoffs IMO.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 08:52 PM
YSU 21
ISUR 35 2:47 to play

Looking like YSU-ISUB next week could be close to an elimination game.

Tatanka
11-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Jacks 32 - Trees 17. Final. Sumner almost 300 yards passing.

we will see the bunnies again this year. sad, stupid, shitty, and truth.

semobison
11-08-2014, 08:54 PM
ISUr 35, YSU 21 2;45 left in the 4th. Redbirds 8th win of the season, should be playoff bound! The Guins desperately need a win next week.

citdog
11-08-2014, 09:31 PM
The SoCon's oldest rivalry went to The Citadel

Cadets 42

snake handling Southern baptists 35

OT

NDSUstudent
11-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Montana 26
EWU 36 FINAL

Griz in big trouble, will need to win out or no playoffs.

missingnumber7
11-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Montana 26
EWU 36 FINAL

Griz in big trouble, will need to win out or no playoffs.

I don't even know if that will help. I think they need help. I don't think the puffy gets 5 and right now I think they take EWU, NAU, Poly, and MSU. But it could be the winner of the Brawl game. And ID St. might have something to say about it too, although they are kinda up crap creek with 2 non d1 games.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2014, 04:32 AM
I don't even know if that will help. I think they need help. I don't think the puffy gets 5 and right now I think they take EWU, NAU, Poly, and MSU. But it could be the winner of the Brawl game. And ID St. might have something to say about it too, although they are kinda up crap creek with 2 non d1 games.

I think if ISU runs the table they are in as an at-large.

Yeah, Montana is in tough shape, they need MSU to beat ISU so they at least have a shot at a quality win.

missingnumber7
11-09-2014, 04:56 AM
I think if ISU runs the table they are in as an at-large.

Yeah, Montana is in tough shape, they need MSU to beat ISU so they at least have a shot at a quality win.

I have never been a fan of not playing everyone in your conference(kinda defeats the purpose without the championship game). There have always been some benificiaries in the Big Fluff, but usually they are inconsistent enough that when they avoid the EWU/MSU/UM they trip themselves up. This year not the case. And there are still lots of good schools left that are eligible. About all they have to hang their hat on was playing us tough in Fargo, and depending on how your view the Wyoming game. They really shot themselves in the foot, not only with the loss to Poly, but the way they lost to Poly. I honestly think that MSU is going to win teh Brawl this year. I think that they are a tough team, but JJ just doesn't have that "brock jensen factor" and thats what their O needs, especially in the fluff.