PDA

View Full Version : Farley Press Conference

BisonHorns
11-04-2014, 12:54 AM
If you only watch one you might want to pick the fourth one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPx4p273eG8&list=UUkK2p76BXLrQr6zk6_htfwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQO50zZwRw&list=UUkK2p76BXLrQr6zk6_htfwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZIxJsw2Y8&list=UUkK2p76BXLrQr6zk6_htfwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar1YvV6LDZY&list=UUkK2p76BXLrQr6zk6_htfwQ

BONUS- Post Game comments from the Jackrabbits
Coach
http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2014/11/01/18347261/
Players
http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2014/11/01/18347283/
Prepare to complain about the sound.

A1pigskin
11-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Audio is not very good with the Post game comments, 1st thread.

HerdBoy
11-04-2014, 01:23 AM
That's pretty funny when Farley says the reason he is late is because he was looking for points for this weeks game.

Herd
11-04-2014, 04:13 AM
That's pretty funny when Farley says the reason he is late is because he was looking for points for this weeks game.

Pass the UNI Kool-Aid. Clap-Clap-Clap-Clap.

bisonridge
11-04-2014, 04:53 AM
He just looks like a creepy pedophile and I don't like it...

westnodak93bison
11-04-2014, 10:57 AM
He looks like Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons

CalBison97
11-04-2014, 12:38 PM

tony
11-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Hey, I don't mind Coach Farley even though UNI is the FCS program that poses the biggest long-term challenge to NDSU (although SDSU is making strides.) Thought the comment about being late was very funny as well.

Bison"FANatic"
11-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Hey, I don't mind Coach Farley even though UNI is the FCS program that poses the biggest long-term challenge to NDSU (although SDSU is making strides.) Thought the comment about being late was very funny as well.

You know I really don't know if that is true anymore. It will be interesting in the next 5-10 years to see how they handle it. When they were dominant they were the only FCS game in town in the uppermidwest. That just isn't the case anymore they have NDSU, SDSU, USD and UN_ (well not really this one) to contend with for recruits. It used to be a big thing when we went head to head for a recruit with them and beat them not the case anymore. Even SDSU and USD are pulling recruits that had offers from them. Then you take into account their financial situation and you can see why they are having a tough go of it. They have had to play 2 FBS games the last few years. They are not the program they once were.

gumby013
11-04-2014, 02:59 PM
He reminds me way too much of Michael Ironside.

Bison 4 Life
11-04-2014, 03:01 PM
He reminds me way too much of Michael Ironside.

Whatever do you mean?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/9f/f9f92e14-aa08-11de-8713-001cc4c03286/f9f92e14-aa08-11de-8713-001cc4c03286.image.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GBsa00PKrJI/VAG8UFFNmbI/AAAAAAAAUC0/6vl_bHORtnk/s1600/michael-ironside.jpg

TAILG8R
11-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Do they host a dinner at his press conferences? Sounds like 50 people clanging plates and silverware in the background.

Edit: Never mind, I noticed the title says luncheon. Still annoying.

tony
11-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Whatever do you mean?

Agree, Max Headroom + Michael Ironsides = Coach Farley. But that's a helluva more flattering that the celebrities people have said I look like (these comments usually follow the form, "You look a lot like <insert not-a-romantic-lead celebrity name>... if he let himself go.")

cbline
11-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Whatever do you mean?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/9f/f9f92e14-aa08-11de-8713-001cc4c03286/f9f92e14-aa08-11de-8713-001cc4c03286.image.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GBsa00PKrJI/VAG8UFFNmbI/AAAAAAAAUC0/6vl_bHORtnk/s1600/michael-ironside.jpg

After looking at the photo on the left, I have two words: "Gollum! Gollum!" Those eyes freak me out!

THEsocalledfan
11-04-2014, 04:51 PM
You know I really don't know if that is true anymore. It will be interesting in the next 5-10 years to see how they handle it. When they were dominant they were the only FCS game in town in the uppermidwest. That just isn't the case anymore they have NDSU, SDSU, USD and UN_ (well not really this one) to contend with for recruits. It used to be a big thing when we went head to head for a recruit with them and beat them not the case anymore. Even SDSU and USD are pulling recruits that had offers from them. Then you take into account their financial situation and you can see why they are having a tough go of it. They have had to play 2 FBS games the last few years. They are not the program they once were.

Agreed. When you consider all factors, the biggest regional long term threat to NDSU is SDSU. They will have the facilities and potential money (if they can milk Sioux Falls) to do it. Chicoine is their Chapman.

Bisonguy
11-04-2014, 05:31 PM
I always expect to hear the Crypt Keeper's cackle once Farley is done talking.

HerdBoy
11-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Do they host a dinner at his press conferences? Sounds like 50 people clanging plates and silverware in the background.

Edit: Never mind, I noticed the title says luncheon. Still annoying.

Breakfast at Farley's.

thebootfitter
11-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I don't mind a little good-natured humor about look-alikes and all that. But after seeing the press conference from last year after his son broke his leg where he got choked up a little bit about the support offered to his wife and family from the community... well, I kind of realized he was probably a pretty decent human being. It sounds like he is fairly well liked and respected in Cedar Falls. (I'm still glad he doesn't represent NDSU, though. I don't think he's well cut out for press conferences and public appearances.)

Mr. Burgundy
11-04-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't mind a little good-natured humor about look-alikes and all that. But after seeing the press conference from last year after his son broke his leg where he got choked up a little bit about the support offered to his wife and family from the community... well, I kind of realized he was probably a pretty decent human being. It sounds like he is fairly well liked and respected in Cedar Falls. (I'm still glad he doesn't represent NDSU, though. I don't think he's well cut out for press conferences and public appearances.)

You were fooled by him in that presser then. Ask him what he said to Klieman during the handshake about how we hurt his son. The guy is a grade A D bag and he HATES US WITH A DEEP DARK PASSION. It is ON this weekend boys. No love loss.

1st&TennBison
11-04-2014, 09:30 PM
You were fooled by him in that presser then. Ask him what he said to Klieman during the handshake about how we hurt his son. The guy is a grade A D bag and he HATES US WITH A DEEP DARK PASSION. It is ON this weekend boys. No love loss.
What did he say to Klieman ?

Bison 4 Life
11-04-2014, 09:38 PM
We also don't hurt his son, unless you call the OL who shoved his teammate back into him our fault

StL Bison Fan
11-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Ask our former players about his team and their play.

56BISON73
11-04-2014, 10:42 PM

Just because he was touched by the outpouring of sentiment from those in his back yard doesnt mean hes a decent human being. He may be a great family and community guy. But the poor behavior of his teams is a direct reflection of his coaching philosophy.

thebootfitter
11-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Just because he was touched by the outpouring of sentiment from those in his back yard doesnt mean hes a decent human being. He may be a great family and community guy. But the poor behavior of his teams is a direct reflection of his coaching philosophy.
Fair enough. I don't know the guy, so I won't comment further.

56BISON73
11-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Fair enough. I don't know the guy, so I won't comment further.

To be honest with you---when he got all choked up I was surprised because I didnt think he had it in him. But considering his son is involved I will give him a pass for his break in character. :biggrin:

Honeybooboo
11-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Grade A douchebag, I'll take Eric Wolford over Farley any day

westnodak93bison
11-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Grade A douchebag, I'll take Eric Wolford over Farley any day
I think they are cousins

CAS4127
11-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Envy is one of the seven sins. Both Farley & Wolford have that toward NDSU IMO. I'm more concerned about WIU in future--that coach has desire, not envy IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNation11
11-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Envy is one of the seven sins. Both Farley & Wolford have that toward NDSU IMO. I'm more concerned about WIU in future--that coach has desire, not envy IMO.

I think you could throw a part of Stig in there as well. I agree about WIU. They're doing it the right way with desire and defense.

StL Bison Fan
11-05-2014, 12:47 AM

This is true. Farley was the big dog and is mad they now have to compete. Wolford is just a whiney little girl.

westnodak93bison
11-05-2014, 12:50 AM

I agree. He obviously can coach. However, our fan and community support kicks ass.

EndZoneQB
11-05-2014, 01:04 AM

Agreed. Western was vastly improved this year...one of the more difficult games we've played on the season...

StL Bison Fan
11-05-2014, 01:07 AM
Agreed. Western was vastly improved this year...one of the more difficult games we've played on the season...

I enjoyed western Illinois. Gracious, classy fans. I hope the fans appreciate how much their team has improved.

tony
11-05-2014, 01:23 AM

If you want to get nervous about next year, know this: Western Illinois has ever lost in the FargoDome.

That said, UNI allowed them 37 yards on 25 rushes compared to NDSU allowing them 235 yards on 42 rushes. I don't care how much they've improved - that should never have happened.

The only team Western Illinois had more rushing yards against was Valpo (and it wasn't by much.) When Drake shuts down their run game better than NDSU, you know there was a problem.

Honeybooboo
11-05-2014, 01:37 AM
If you want to get nervous about next year, know this: Western Illinois has ever lost in the FargoDome.

That said, UNI allowed them 37 yards on 25 rushes compared to NDSU allowing them 235 yards on 42 rushes. I don't care how much they've improved - that should never have happened.

The only team Western Illinois had more rushing yards against was Valpo (and it wasn't by much.) When Drake shuts down their run game better than NDSU, you know there was a problem.

We were totally flat, did not look good at all. But western was playing to spoil had nothing to lose they played above expectations and we played below

We play that game this week I think we totally blow them out, same with Weber St and Montana

CAS4127
11-05-2014, 02:09 AM
We were totally flat, did not look good at all. But western was playing to spoil had nothing to lose they played above expectations and we played below

We play that game this week I think we totally blow them out, same with Weber St and Montana

I give those teams a bit more credit for their effort. Actually, effort is a huge part of the game--we see it every week from our players, which is a major credit to them and the coaches who pick them out of the lot of high school kids to chose from. It's called heart/desire/passion. It's kinda what is missing these days on many levels.

56BISON73
11-05-2014, 03:02 AM

Western Illinois is a lot better that you are giving them credit for. If they had nothing to lose then why put forth the effort????????I think thats just an excuse people use like----it was their super bowl to explain a poor performance by their own team. Our poor performance was due to the fact that WIU took it to us in the trenches.

ZHerd
11-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Western Illinois is a lot better that you are giving them credit for. If they had nothing to lose then why put forth the effort????????I think thats just an excuse people use like----it was their super bowl to explain a poor performance by their own team. Our poor performance was due to the fact that WIU took it to us in the trenches.

Or the argument rephrased to..."well if we had brought our A game..." If the other guys bring their A game we can't have an A game and vice versa. If UNI successfully does some things that they are seeking to do it will mess us up from doing things that we want to do and vice versa. That is what happened last time we played them. People act like we are the only ones with good ballers. This coming game, on a given play, certain of our guys can and will lose some infividual battles to guys across from them. We just need to win more of them

56BISON73
11-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Or the argument rephrased to..."well if we had brought our A game..." If the other guys bring their A game we can't have an A game and vice versa. If UNI successfully does some things that they are seeking to do it will mess us up from doing things that we want to do and vice versa. That is what happened last time we played them. People act like we are the only ones with good ballers. This coming game, on a given play, certain of our guys can and will lose some infividual battles to guys across from them. We just need to win more of them

I love it when both teams bring their A game.

Honeybooboo
11-05-2014, 03:31 AM

Well I totally agree, wording might have been wrong, if you get what I mean...I was impressed but we did not play our best and I fully believe the outcome would be way different now. But also I'm a realist and the ISU game might be a loss also....but I doubt it

Honeybooboo
11-05-2014, 03:32 AM

Totally agree, I worded it wrong

56BISON73
11-05-2014, 03:33 AM
Well I totally agree, wording might have been wrong, if you get what I mean...I was impressed but we did not play our best and I fully believe the outcome would be way different now. But also I'm a realist and the ISU game might be a loss also....but I doubt it

Indiana State? No they couldnt have won that one with there A game. Their O-line was horrendous.

ZHerd
11-05-2014, 04:39 AM
I love it when both teams bring their A game.

Which turns into a hard fought muddle of momentum swings with an aftermath that we can hopefully term "an ugly win." ;)