PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from around the MAC

NoDakSt
09-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Northern Illinois

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=37480&sid=fed891e3a1c16dbc958f79a4 e37d52ef

Ohio

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=6&PID=72346

Toledo

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=37456

Tatanka
09-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Methinks they'll know who the BISON are now... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mr._Bill
09-24-2006, 04:25 PM
These schools need some video tape. *If they had actually seen the game, they would not be criticizing FCS football. *That was a dominant performance. * If not for a couple of plays where the Ball St. QB ran around for 4-5 seconds and a WR slipped behind our secondary, this game could have been more lopsided. *

Did you see the NIU comments . . . ND State is building a program for 1A . . . maybe they should get a MAC invite. . .

That is the true benefit of this win. *We are gaining instant respect in conferences that we would apply to in 1A. *Negative impact . . . it may be hard to get another guarantee game with a lower level 1A school in the next few years. *Playing an NDSU is a lose/lose proposition for mid to lower level 1A's.

I would love to play Wyoming, Ohio, Utah, NIU, CT, etc . . . and they may think twice.

BisonBacker
09-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Your exactly right on with the comment about playing down to IAA for those teams. Same reason that I say we shouldn't be playing down to DII level teams. I know its a double standard according to some and maybe it is and I understand from an independants point of view you might have to do that but if we can get into the gateway I say that we should not be playing down a level ever. I think the Ball State folks are beginning to realize this now as well.

kchats
09-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Someone needs to inform the Ball State and MAC fans that part of the reason NDSU is so good is our coaching staff. I would venture a guess that the Bison coaching staff is better than most coaching staffs in the MAC. I mean Craig Bohl was the defensive coordinator for Nebraska, and his defenses were very good until the final year. He may have been the defensive coordinator on a National Championship team at Nebraska as well. Good coaches not only know how to win but they are usually great recruiters as well. I expected the Bison to play well and win I would have been very disappointed had the Bison lost in a blowout because Ball State isn't better than them.

BisonBacker
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I posted this over on AGS and think it needs to be said over here as well. I expect that Coach Bohl would very likely agree with this as well. Here's my post

You know I really can't say this was an upset. I know I know that sounds cocky but I'm not the only one that was predicting a Bison win and lets face it Ball State's not even a middle tier DI team. Still a fantastic win but NDSU should have won this game on paper. The only thing Ball State had over us was the number of schollies but I can honestly say they had nothing in skilled positions that was better then we did. I know I will probably take a heap of crap from some Bison fans on this as well as some others but the fact is Ball State unless they turn things around and finish out the year by running out the schedule (which I don't think will happen) is a mediocre team. I say it was a good win but not the greatest win in Bison history by any stretch. I'll take a win over Minnesota and then say that would outside of our national championships be the biggest win in our history. I think this is however the start of something pretty special in Fargo and Bison football history. Now lets focus on SFA.

OK let the flame fest begin by those who will say this is arrogant or cocky. To those I can only say if you don't expect us to compete in games like these why play them.

BisonBacker
09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
I had to laugh when I read this quote.

"NDSU is another example of a I-AA that I-As should not schedule if they want an auto win. They have a quality little program up there in Fargo, play in a little domed stadium called the FargoDome and are a very good team/program that is well coached. "

Hell we have better attendance then most MAC schools but were a little domed stadium ;D
Here's a link to the thread if you want to look at it yourself along with the other comments
http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=37481
I think we got their attention and goes to prove the comments by some that wins like this will make it more difficult to schedule good competition.

kchats
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Like Roadwarrior said after driving by the stadium prior to the game Ball State would be envious of NDSU's stadium. NDSU averages more than what they played in front of last night be about another half. 10,300 or so last night and that would be horrible attendence for the Bison in the FargoDome.