PDA

View Full Version : Board change: Other Topics

tony
10-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Changed the board so the Other Topics part of the board only shows up if you are logged in. Or at least that's what I tried to do.

NFH Schlüssel
10-30-2014, 01:01 AM
Changed the board so the Other Topics part of the board only shows up if you are logged in. Or at least that's what I tried to do.

How about the other way around... leave the Other Topics for those who don't log in & the remainder for those who do log in?

TbonZach
10-30-2014, 01:11 AM
I was just about to write a post about this. Then I logged in.

CAS4127
10-30-2014, 01:15 AM
How about the other way around... leave the Other Topics for those who don't log in & the remainder for those who do log in?

I don't think that would accomplish the goal/outcome he wants to achieve. And I mean nothing sarcastic or negative by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
10-30-2014, 02:40 AM
I don't think that would accomplish the goal/outcome he wants to achieve. And I mean nothing sarcastic or negative by that.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYep, Tony has it the right way. Keeps the Hitler Youth from reading the smack without registering, although a few like _arell and Shawno have come back and reregistered under alternate names.

1998braves64
10-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Didn't it get changed to that format awhile back?? Seems like the reason I registered originally was to have access to the whole of bisonville while I was lurking!
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

17>1
10-31-2014, 12:35 AM
Didn't it get changed to that format awhile back?? Seems like the reason I registered originally was to have access to the whole of bisonville while I was lurking!

First time I noticed it was today.

Bison bison
10-31-2014, 12:45 AM

What did you do with the ELF? This is outrageous!

tony
10-31-2014, 12:57 AM

AGS has been like that for a while, but I just started with Bisonville because 90% of the complaints about the board come from stuff posted in Other Topics.

StL Bison Fan
10-31-2014, 12:58 AM
What did you do with the ELF? This is outrageous!
Two months til Christmas. He's busy.

acf2
10-31-2014, 01:24 AM
HAHA i thought the board was broke. nice

1998braves64
10-31-2014, 03:59 AM
AGS has been like that for a while, but I just started with Bisonville because 90% of the complaints about the board come from stuff posted in Other Topics.

maybe that was what I am thinking about... Haven't been there much since then does not sound like I have missed much!

Tatanka
10-31-2014, 11:10 AM
One exception that would be nice is to have the ticket exchange be public/anonymous... Other than that sounds like a good change to make...
Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.

thundarsdaddy
10-31-2014, 02:15 PM
One exception that would be nice is to have the ticket exchange be public/anonymous... Other than that sounds like a good change to make...

I second that!

Bisonguy
10-31-2014, 07:12 PM

I'd rather just see Watering Hole, Smack, and HOS be in a subforum that only registered users can view. Beyond those 3 forums, Other Topics is pretty tame and has plenty of info (Our House- tailgating and watch party info, etc. ).

tony
10-31-2014, 07:14 PM
I'd rather just see Watering Hole, Smack, and HOS be in a subforum that only registered users can view. Beyond those 3 forums, Other Topics is pretty tame and has plenty of info (Our House- tailgating and watch party info, etc. ).

I don't think that I even have to move them to a sub-forum, I can probably just turn them off individually. I'll look into it.

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Yep, Tony has it the right way. Keeps the Hitler Youth from reading the smack without registering, although a few like _arell and Shawno have come back and reregistered under alternate names.

Wish Shawn-O still posted. He was funny, at least. I think NDSU football getting back to where we belong did the poor boy in.

He had PM'd me once with an alias he was using, but I've never seen him post with it.....

IzzyFlexion
11-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Wish Shawn-O still posted. He was funny, at least. I think NDSU football getting back to where we belong did the poor boy in.

When NDSU's kitchen got hot, he got out.

tony
11-02-2014, 08:24 PM

I've done this - well, I think that I've done this.

coldspot
11-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Douchevolley thinks Tony did this because the school told him to. Must have doubled up his tin foil hat this morning

admin
11-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Going to put griz1952 in diapers until his posts start showing that he has sought the help he so desperately needs.