PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Team of the Week

Bisonguy
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
At least according to Matt Doughherty of The Sports Network:

I-AA
Week Four Review: Leaders of the pack (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/extrapoint.htm)

WEEK FOUR NOTEBOOK

Team of the Week: North Dakota State

The Bison program had already made a name for itself in two years and two games at the Division I level. They moved into the top 25 rankings for the first time late in their inaugural I-AA season in 2004, and were ranked as high as No. 8 last year before fading and finishing with a 7-4 record. Two big wins against Northwestern State and a victory against playoff-bound Nicholls State in 2005 were nice notches, but the Bison fell behind Cal Poly and UC Davis in the Great West Conference pecking order each season and came up just short in a couple of tough non-conference road games. By coming back and winning, 29-24, at Ball State on Saturday, the Bison offered further proof that they are likely going to be a playoff contender when they become eligible in 2008...................

Full story available at link provided above

Edit- forgot to add Matt's prediction of the Ball State game last week-

Prediction: North Dakota State 24, Ball State 20

sambini
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks Matt+++++++++++

Gamehunter
09-24-2006, 10:43 PM
speaking of columns, CK's bottom line is always an interresting read. What really surprised me about this last "Bottom Line" is that he did not get any of his picks correct, and furthermore I thought he was going to get them all right before Saturday rolled around! AGS!!

CK
09-25-2006, 01:02 AM
I got beat up this past weekend - never had I had a week like that....

...and honestly I was so close to picking NDSU and SUU, but it still would have left me below .500. Ouch.

Great win by the Bison - congrats all, very exciting!!!