PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SDSU Jackrabbits

bruinbison
10-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Looks like a fun game for Kyle Emanuel and the DE packages.....

South Dakota State has a two-pronged pass rush problem, struggling to start and stop it.

That was brought to light again Saturday, the No. 13-ranked Jackrabbits giving up six sacks
and not notching any in a 30-27 loss to No. 17 Youngstown State at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

SDSU ranks 104th out of 121 teams in the FCS in sacks allowed (26). They're 105th in sacks forced (10). It's an indication that the Jacks' retooled offensive and defensive lines haven't come together as well as expected.

Austin Sumner – to the surprise of most, including some in the program – was in uniform for the first time since breaking three bones in his right foot in the first quarter of the season opener.

Does that mean Sumner, who began the season as the FCS active leader in career passing yards, has been ruled out for the NDSU game? No.

"That's a ways away," Stiegelmeier said with a smile.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2014/10/27/jacks-failures-fall-pass-rush/17987511/

Sounds like Stigs is trying to bait the Bison into preparing for both SDSU QB's.
I have trouble believing Stigs would send out a QB for his first game back from injury, with a bad foot and all,
against the Bison pass-rush. But Rabbit QB Berry does come to mind.........

mango
10-27-2014, 07:11 PM

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2014/10/27/jacks-failures-fall-pass-rush/17987511/

Sounds like Stigs is trying to bait the Bison into preparing for both SDSU QB's.
I have trouble believing Stigs would send out a QB for his first game back from injury, with a bad foot and all,

I actually don't think Stig is baiting NDSU at all. It was Sumner's last homecoming and he wanted to be part of it and wanted to dress. From most people there, he is still walking with a pretty noticable limp. I know he's getting weekly check ups with the doctors, I would be shocked if he's cleared to play.

VirginiaBison
10-27-2014, 07:13 PM
and this ....

John Stiegelmeier (http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2014/10/25/big-plays-sting/17934201/) ... continued .... – without being asked – brought up a personal regret: Deciding to go for it on fourth-and-1 from the YSU 22-yard line in the middle of the third quarter rather than calling on reliable kicker Justin Syrovatka to attempt a tying field goal. After a timeout by the Penguins, the Jacks (5-3, 2-2) ran the ball up the gut with All-American back Zach Zenner; he was stuffed.

Two other interesting tidbits from the article:

Zenner ran for 114 yards for the game. (Where would that put him in Saturday's POLL?)

SDSU held the ball more than 36 minutes to less than 24 for Youngstown but allowed almost 10 yards per pass and 5.6 yards per rush.

Mr. Burgundy
10-27-2014, 07:28 PM
I actually don't think Stig is baiting NDSU at all. It was Sumner's last homecoming and he wanted to be part of it and wanted to dress. From most people there, he is still walking with a pretty noticable limp. I know he's getting weekly check ups with the doctors, I would be shocked if he's cleared to play.

You would be shocked if Stig put a kid in the game that shouldn't have medically went in? Haven't we been over this????

If you can't block....don't put a statue in at QB. 3rd and long after two stuffed up the gut runs.....trouble.

Bison 4 Life
10-27-2014, 07:35 PM
So what's the over/under on how soon SDSUfans turns to how awful we are here at Bisonville? I'll say around Wednesday.

Mr. Burgundy
10-27-2014, 07:44 PM
So what's the over/under on how soon SDSUfans turns to how awful we are here at Bisonville? I'll say around Wednesday.

They will come on here and complain non stop...but it was and is true. I will say it again, it is impressive what they do, they are located next to nothing and in the middle of nothing, and they put together a competitive squad. It would be tough to go against NDSU and Fargo right now. If they were in Sioux Falls.....they could be something. They go through alot of coaches. if you compare where our coaches come from, their background, their experience, and what we pay them....vs other Dakota schools....you will quickly understand how serious NDSU is about football.

bruinbison
10-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Some news on the injury front......

Fargo, ND
Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY · 3 hrs3 hours ago

#NDSU HC Chris Klieman says Travis Beck and Austin Kuhnert will play Saturday, Jeremy Kelly and Kevin Vaadeland still in doubt #FCSFootball

The depth chart shows Beck starting at LB with Littlejohn back in the middle.
Adam Schueller starting at LG with Kuhnert as back-up.
It is still showing Kelly starting at RG, so if he can't go we'll see some changes......(Plankers listed as the back-up)

KUlawJack
10-27-2014, 08:50 PM

He's not playing Saturday. Dude could hardly jog on the field when the team came out for last Saturday's game. I'd be flabbergasted to see him go this Saturday. I'll be in attendance so one could easily see the shock that will appear on my face if he plays.

jack power
10-27-2014, 08:57 PM
They will come on here and complain non stop...but it was and is true. I will say it again, it is impressive what they do, they are located next to nothing and in the middle of nothing, and they put together a competitive squad. It would be tough to go against NDSU and Fargo right now. If they were in Sioux Falls.....they could be something. They go through alot of coaches. if you compare where our coaches come from, their background, their experience, and what we pay them....vs other Dakota schools....you will quickly understand how serious NDSU is about football.
Weird comment. You have a different Head football,men's BB ,and womens BB coach and staff.

NDSUstudent
10-27-2014, 08:59 PM
If Sumner can't move well, NDSU is the last team I would play him against. The Bison DL in the dome is a nightmare for any healthy QB.

SDbison
10-27-2014, 09:08 PM
So are the Jacks going to take cheap shots to see if they get the Bison to retaliate and draw penalties? Seems the bunnies are down both physically and mentally so it could get ugly.

StL Bison Fan
10-27-2014, 09:50 PM
So are the Jacks going to take cheap shots to see if they get the Bison to retaliate and draw penalties? Seems the bunnies are down both physically and mentally so it could get ugly.

They have been rather nasty the last couple of times and it seems the stig doesn't mind, care or condones it.
Sad. But I think desperate teams show this type of behavior.

KUlawJack
10-27-2014, 10:05 PM
If Sumner can't move well, NDSU is the last team I would play him against. The Bison DL in the dome is a nightmare for any healthy QB.

I agree. I don't think it would be wise to trot him out there if he can't move around at all. He was walking pretty gingerly on the sideline last Saturday. His level of activity did not say "roll out" or "step up in the pocket" or "duck and scramble" at all.

MNLonghorn10
10-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Does this guy post here?

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?13680-All-Things-Playoffs-Related&p=259561#post259561

he's having a meltdown. It starts on page 2. hahaha.

ZHerd
10-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Does this guy post here?

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?13680-All-Things-Playoffs-Related&p=259561#post259561

You aren't kidding. To bad our road winning percentage is better than our home percentage. Not a horrible meltdown...he is just frustrated. You will see far worse here if we even lose one game

El_Chapo
10-27-2014, 11:12 PM
,south Dakota coyote guy took a ndsu lineman to the ground at end of game, so it must run in the water down there.

living in a poor man's Jamestown has to take a toll on these coyotes/bunny's!

Tatanka
10-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Scheduling a non-playoff counter game might just do them in this year...

El_Chapo
10-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Oshkosh B GONE !

roadwarrior
10-28-2014, 12:47 AM
Who is bringing the rope to tie to Stig to keep him off the field?

Tatanka
10-28-2014, 01:21 AM
Who is bringing the rope to tie to Stig to keep him off the field?

Who gets more yardage on the field, Stig or Zenner? Last year it was Stig, and it wasn't even close.

ZHerd
10-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Who gets more yardage on the field, Stig or Zenner? Last year it was Stig, and it wasn't even close.

I'm thinking Zenner is much faster on grass than Stig but our turf should put more pop in Stig...advantage Stig

bisonpride4ever
10-28-2014, 01:57 AM
Put the Stig in a Zonda or a Veyron and he's pretty fast. Put him on grass or turf, I'm not so sure. Oh wait, wrong Stig....

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/27/85caeb2cbecb0b72d91e67bd3d4b0153.jpg

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

BisonHorns
10-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Can we bring a couple of porta poties for the Jack fans so they feel at home in the dome?

StL Bison Fan
10-28-2014, 02:13 AM
Can we bring a couple of porta poties for the Jack fans so they feel at home in the dome?

Not unless they are overflowing and two for all their fans

Tatanka
10-28-2014, 02:16 AM

There will be at most 500 of them. Your ratio of fans to portajohn is way too high.

Bison03
10-28-2014, 02:30 AM
I think predicting the amount of Zenners given up will be more interesting then predicting the score. Zenner has done nothing against the Bison in his career. No reason to think anything will be different this year going up against another dominating NDSU defense.

56BISON73
10-28-2014, 02:47 AM

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/plnwtf/cid_92194C370919493E8599A45A4C088F0EJamesPC.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/plnwtf/media/cid_92194C370919493E8599A45A4C088F0EJamesPC.jpg.ht ml)

ndsubison1
10-28-2014, 03:45 AM

they were pretty chippy last season in Brookings

Tatanka
10-28-2014, 04:22 AM
they were pretty chippy last season in Brookings

And the year before in Fargo. I'm guessing they're was some sort of reduction in deer tags or something that got them all riled up.

Vet70
10-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Does this guy post here?

We need to give the guy a break----he thinks that a Zenner is 14 yards.

BisonHorns
10-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Zenner, i would like to introduce you to your new shadow Deluca.

Tatanka
10-28-2014, 11:59 AM
We need to give the guy a break----he thinks that a Zenner is 14 yards.

No way he sees the ball 28 times.

Wait. That's actually plausible.

SDSUAlum08
10-28-2014, 01:04 PM
NDSU 33 SDSU 10

NDSU gets up early with two quick scores and never looks back. SDSU abandons the run after half but still has Zenner carrying the ball in the 4th quarter down big.

NDSUstudent
10-28-2014, 03:48 PM
SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said that senior all-league WR Jason Schneider has only a 2-percent chance of playing vs. NDSU.

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/527124548811247616

NDSUstudent
10-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Also, Stiegelmeier said that senior all-conference QB Austin Sumner will be on the bus to Fargo, but likely as a spectator.

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/527125107769348096

Tatanka
10-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Get the built-in excuses documented well in advance. Excellent strategy.

mango
10-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Get the built-in excuses documented well in advance. Excellent strategy.

I think most SDSU fans realize we have no shot in this game.

Bison"FANatic"
10-28-2014, 04:10 PM
I think most SDSU fans realize we have no shot in this game.

Hey at least you came here to talk football. It has been really really quite from opposing fans as of late. It is lonely at the top I guess. We will lose sometime and you never know what you can pull a rabbit out of the hat. More than likely not as we are still dang good but a couple bounces this way and that and a turnover or two and anything can happen. You guys have a couple receivers that have been looked really good on a couple games I caught part of on midco. Unfortunately I did not pay attention to names.

BadlandsBison
10-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Hmm, Sumner and Schneider out. I sense man coverage with the Golden Eagle "hawking" Zenner

KilldeerBison
10-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Zenner, i would like to introduce you to your new shadow Deluca.
@ 6'3", 240 LBS. Now that is a shadow that'll get your attention.

Jay
10-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Hmm, Sumner and Schneider out. I sense man coverage with the Golden Eagle "hawking" Zenner

SDSU's WR cupboard is not empty after Schneider...

THEsocalledfan
10-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Hey at least you came here to talk football.

At least we aren't talking about a ticket fiasco again with opposing fans.....

Bison 4 Life
10-28-2014, 04:20 PM

They'll never admit it but that couldnt have worked out for them. I saw the ticket windows still open when I walked in.

NDSUstudent
10-28-2014, 04:25 PM
If I was Stig I would try to get ZZ involved in the passing game, he will need to think outside of the box and based on past games I am not sure he is capable of that.

Bison"FANatic"
10-28-2014, 04:27 PM

Naaaa we'll leave that to you, for the call in after the game. :):););)

mango
10-28-2014, 04:36 PM
SDSU's WR cupboard is not empty after Schneider...

It would be nice to have Schneider playing to put another 6'4" receiver on the opposite side of Wieneke. But it's not going to matter if they offensive line can't protect Lujan and from what I've seen this year, they can't.

westnodak93bison
10-28-2014, 04:41 PM
It would be nice to have Schneider playing to put another 6'4" receiver on the opposite side of Wieneke. But it's not going to matter if they offensive line can't protect Lujan and from what I've seen this year, they can't.
Are you saying the SDSU Fat Guys are not very good at pass protection?

mango
10-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Are you saying the SDSU Fat Guys are not very good at pass protection?

Correct. They had some guys go down at the beginning of the year and they just haven't gotten in rhythm yet.

THEsocalledfan
10-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Naaaa we'll leave that to you, for the call in after the game. :):););)

must spread rep......had a lot of fun filling in the SDSU folks on their demented southern neighbors.....

AjaxTheMighty
10-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Hey at least you came here to talk football. It has been really really quite from opposing fans as of late. It is lonely at the top I guess. We will lose sometime and you never know what you can pull a rabbit out of the hat. More than likely not as we are still dang good but a couple bounces this way and that and a turnover or two and anything can happen. You guys have a couple receivers that have been looked really good on a couple games I caught part of on midco. Unfortunately I did not pay attention to names.

So true. you never know when a girl dumps your star and he comes out and has a terrible day. I remember reading that in an article. Anyone remember that? I think it was about losing money in bets because a player gets dumped before a game or something.

westnodak93bison
10-29-2014, 01:52 AM
The line is 17. Its gonna be more than that IMHO.

Mr. Burgundy
10-29-2014, 02:00 AM
Correct. They had some guys go down at the beginning of the year and they just haven't gotten in rhythm yet.

Ndsu graduated a ton and lost two other starters to season ending injuries on the O line. Just saying.

RowdyRabbit
10-29-2014, 02:22 AM
The Falcons beat the Vikings in 98.

SDSU beat NDSU in 07.

The Seahawks beat the Broncos last year.

My 'skins beat the Cowboys last night.

None of that has anything to do with this saturday. We're probably gonna get throttled.

Would love to get up there for a game though. Someone mentioned Stig baiting you to prep for both QB's...don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhMCaXMTzho&list=UUA1IudGejbOuoRqOPhdTXUQ

Watch #6 at 0:12, you tell me if he's anywhere near well enough to play, let alone vs NDSU.

NDSUSR
10-29-2014, 02:26 AM
Would love to get up there for a game though. Someone mentioned Stig baiting you to prep for both QB's...don't.

Watch #6 at 0:12, you tell me if he's anywhere near well enough to play, let alone vs NDSU.

He is faking it. ;)

CAS4127
10-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Not unless they are overflowing and two for all their fans

That's a bit redundant, isn't it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
10-29-2014, 10:58 AM
hell, even if overrated Sumner was cleared, he'd be so offtimed and rusty, NDSU would be the last team in FCS Id want him to come back.

no Schneider means one less weapon for the Jacks, not that he was going to win the game for them in anyway but hey, when you have a tank vs a guy with a water pistol, a second water pistol increases your chances of survival just a little bit.

this shit will be over at half, and I look forward to letting you all know that I left midway through the 4th again

BisoninNWMN
10-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Ndsu graduated a ton and lost two other starters to season ending injuries on the O line. Just saying.

The O-line has been playing better the last 3 games.

SDSU is going to need multiple Bison turnovers to have a chance IMO.

Bison 4 Life
10-29-2014, 12:26 PM
The Falcons beat the Vikings in 98.

SDSU beat NDSU in 07.

The Seahawks beat the Broncos last year.

My 'skins beat the Cowboys last night.

None of that has anything to do with this saturday. We're probably gonna get throttled.

Oh no, we have to prep for a sophomore or a gimpy senior?

Whatever will we do?

THEsocalledfan
10-29-2014, 12:45 PM
hell, even if overrated Sumner was cleared, he'd be so offtimed and rusty, NDSU would be the last team in FCS Id want him to come back.

no Schneider means one less weapon for the Jacks, not that he was going to win the game for them in anyway but hey, when you have a tank vs a guy with a water pistol, a second water pistol increases your chances of survival just a little bit.

this shit will be over at half, and I look forward to letting you all know that I left midway through the 4th again

You are picking NDSU this week? :)

Tatanka
10-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Oh no, we have to prep for a sophomore or a gimpy senior?

Whatever will we do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

mango
10-29-2014, 12:59 PM

Fully aware, thanks though

MNLonghorn10
10-29-2014, 01:04 PM
You are picking NDSU this week? :)
Already submitted my prediction. It'll shock you

StL Bison Fan
10-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Funny...
@GoJacksSDSU: @NDSUathletics a more accurate look at how the #GoldRush will look! See you Saturday. http://t.co/YKv8u8qYhZ

And one of the replies
@schemer49: @GoJacksSDSU @BisoNation @NDSUathletics This looks like a SDSU home game in Brookings; the bluedots are way too big. #ComeOnMan #bisonation

Bison 4 Life
10-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Funny...
@GoJacksSDSU: @NDSUathletics a more accurate look at how the #GoldRush will look! See you Saturday. http://t.co/YKv8u8qYhZ

And one of the replies
@schemer49: @GoJacksSDSU @BisoNation @NDSUathletics This looks like a SDSU home game in Brookings; the bluedots are way too big. #ComeOnMan #bisonation

Wait, section 23 has only 400 tickets in it?

bruinbison
10-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Terry VandrovecVerified account ‏@TerryVandrovec
SDSU senior QB Austin Sumner practiced Wed.
We should probably discuss that during the weekly live chat at 2 p.m.

One possibility mentioned by bunny fans is that QB Sumner will be saved
for that final push by SDSU to try and win their last 3 games.
@ Indiana State
Western Illinois
South Dakota

If SDSU did lose to the Bison, they would be 7-4 overall if they won those last 3 games,
with a loss to Missouri in there and a W over Oshkosh.

StL Bison Fan
10-30-2014, 07:28 PM
This has potential...

@MikeMcFeelyKFGO: OK, @NDSUfootball and @SDState fans: How many yards will Zach Zenner get Saturday against the Bison defense? Predictions, please.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Sumner was practicing today but TV said it was a weird practice. Something about how he looked good but still was not moving very well.

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2014, 09:05 PM
This has potential...

@MikeMcFeelyKFGO: OK, @NDSUfootball and @SDState fans: How many yards will Zach Zenner get Saturday against the Bison defense? Predictions, please.

That was like slow pitch softball; done.

El_Chapo
10-30-2014, 09:24 PM
why do we have 3 seperate threads on sdsu/ndsu game. is it a rivalry!!! YES yes it is.

stevdock
10-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Funny...

And one of the replies

You do know that SDSU could take NDSU's lead against Iowa State and decide their fans where yellow too right??

StL Bison Fan
10-30-2014, 11:33 PM
You do know that SDSU could take NDSU's lead against Iowa State and decide their fans where yellow too right??

The more the merrier

tony
10-31-2014, 12:17 AM

You know I looked at the starting two-deep for SDSU v Cal Poly and it looks exactly the same for the offensive and defensive line. Is it because Greger missed some games in between then and now?

BTW, somebody on the Bunny Board made a good point, SDSU has the best Sagarin rating of any FCS team NDSU has played so far. In fact, our November schedule is pretty loaded. Sagarin rankings with the FCS-only in parentheses:

34 North Dakota State (1)
53 Illinois State *DNP* (2)
61 Iowa State
82 Northern Iowa (6)
83 SDSU (7)
96 Indiana State (10)
98 Youngstown State (11)
103 Missouri State (15)
112 Southern Illinois (19)
141 Montana (32)
148 Western Illinois (35)
173 South Dakota (51)
211 Weber State (83)
235 Incarnate Word (107)

Basically, if NDSU makes it to Frisco, November's schedule should be considerably harder than December's. At the start of the playoffs, Sagarin had NDSU's three opponents ranked as follows: Furman (54), Coastal Carolina (17), New Hampshire (21).

ZHerd
10-31-2014, 12:25 AM
What on earth happened to Furman anyways? I had them wrongfully pegged as a top team. They returned their qb (who I thought was pretty good against us)and other good players but they are horrible

tony
10-31-2014, 01:10 AM
What on earth happened to Furman anyways? I had them wrongfully pegged as a top team. They returned their qb (who I thought was pretty good against us)and other good players but they are horrible

Their Sagarin is really about the same: 60 now vs 54 after the 12th week of 2013 but they pounded Samford last year and Samford just beat them 45-0. That's bizarre.

Sounds like a lot of injuries. They haven't won any close games. And their uniforms are purple. So they are the UNI of the SoCon this year.

AjaxTheMighty
10-31-2014, 01:36 AM
why do we have 3 seperate threads on sdsu/ndsu game. is it a rivalry!!! YES yes it is.

USD had four threads thus, a bigger rival than SDSU? I mean, if the measuring stick is 'number of threads' anyway. And it must be since you said it.

A1pigskin
10-31-2014, 02:11 AM
USD had four threads thus, a bigger rival than SDSU? I mean, if the measuring stick is 'number of threads' anyway. And it must be since you said it.

Complacency.......

El_Chapo
10-31-2014, 02:15 AM
usd game will probably be closer than this game.

ZHerd
10-31-2014, 02:44 AM
Their Sagarin is really about the same: 60 now vs 54 after the 12th week of 2013 but they pounded Samford last year and Samford just beat them 45-0. That's bizarre.

Sounds like a lot of injuries. They haven't won any close games. And their uniforms are purple. So they are the UNI of the SoCon this year.

The real question is does purple make UNI look bad or do they make purple look bad?

StL Bison Fan
10-31-2014, 03:27 AM
The real question is does purple make UNI look bad or do they make purple look bad?

Their purple uniforms are a sign of sarcasm

Tatanka
10-31-2014, 04:07 AM

Why not both?

ZHerd
10-31-2014, 04:12 AM
Why not both?

Cuz reasoning in a circle makes me dizzy

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Here is a good article on the game by Terry V:

http://argusne.ws/1tGLdKc

My favorite quote by Stig: "We'll be ready scheme-wise and we'll be ready with our pride."

Wow, can he lower expectations any further?

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Then I read a great article by Kolpack on Stig:

http://www.inforum.com/content/kolpack-sdsu-longtime-coach-leans-his-values

I can't help but admit I love that guy. (No, not in the same way TAB loves men.....)

EC8CH
10-31-2014, 01:10 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/article/Hawaii-lava-flow-is-slow-gentle-yet-unrelenting-5857415.php

The front of the flow was "sluggish" Thursday, Oliveira said, moving less than 5 yards per hour.

...still faster than Zenner against the Bison.

mango
10-31-2014, 01:24 PM
You know I looked at the starting two-deep for SDSU v Cal Poly and it looks exactly the same for the offensive and defensive line. Is it because Greger missed some games in between then and now?

BTW, somebody on the Bunny Board made a good point, SDSU has the best Sagarin rating of any FCS team NDSU has played so far. In fact, our November schedule is pretty loaded. Sagarin rankings with the FCS-only in parentheses:

61 Iowa State
82 Northern Iowa (6)
83 SDSU (7)
96 Indiana State (10)
98 Youngstown State (11)
103 Missouri State (15)
141 Montana (32)
173 South Dakota (51)
211 Weber State (83)
235 Incarnate Word (107)

Basically, if NDSU makes it to Frisco, November's schedule should be considerably harder than December's. At the start of the playoffs, Sagarin had NDSU's three opponents ranked as follows: Furman (54), Coastal Carolina (17), New Hampshire (21).

It was more guys going down in fall camp, not necessarily during games. I know Shoff and Mueller both went down during camp (Shoff might have been because he isn't healed from an injury from last year, can't remember for sure). So that's your two guards. I'm not trying to make excuses, they should have gotten this figured out by now, just answered a question

KUlawJack
10-31-2014, 02:51 PM
It was more guys going down in fall camp, not necessarily during games. I know Shoff and Mueller both went down during camp (Shoff might have been because he isn't healed from an injury from last year, can't remember for sure). So that's your two guards. I'm not trying to make excuses, they should have gotten this figured out by now, just answered a question

This is exactly right. Those two guys would have been huge for us this year. The guys that replaced them just aren't as good. We had to move our center to one of the guard spots, which isn't the best position for him unfortunately, and we start a redshirt freshman that weighs 280 pounds at center. He has played pretty darn well though, considering his lack of experience. Our LT is smallish compared to the last 8 years or so. Just isn't the same offensive line we've had in the past. Those are the breaks.

Our defense's inability to stop the run and get off the field on third down against YSU is what really scares me.

El_Chapo
10-31-2014, 03:00 PM
wait til next year right cubbies?

westnodak93bison
10-31-2014, 03:05 PM
This is exactly right. Those two guys would have been huge for us this year. The guys that replaced them just aren't as good. We had to move our center to one of the guard spots, which isn't the best position for him unfortunately, and we start a redshirt freshman that weighs 280 pounds at center. He has played pretty darn well though, considering his lack of experience. Our LT is smallish compared to the last 8 years or so. Just isn't the same offensive line we've had in the past. Those are the breaks.

Our defense's inability to stop the run and get off the field on third down against YSU is what really scares me.
Kind of like NDSU losing all conference caliber LG #66 Zack Johnson(out for season) and C Colville(had to retire due to injury. We've done OK so far.

Herd12
10-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Kind of like NDSU losing all conference caliber LG #66 Zack Johnson(out for season) and C Colville(had to retire due to injury. We've done OK so far.

This is just a rock solid point. No one's talking about it but this offensive line has replaced Turner, Colville, Gimmestad and Johnson while flipping Haeg and are still the strongest O-Line in the conference. No one's loss of offensive linemen argument is valid.

KUlawJack
10-31-2014, 03:15 PM

No, not like that at all. You are obviously deeper than us on the offensive line. If we had good enough talent backing up those positions or waiting in the wings, we wouldn't be in the basement of sacks given up so far in conference. You guys, on the other hand, have/had the backups capable of avoiding the drop off. Its just a fact that SDSU has to deal with this year. We don't have the horses up front on the offensive line.

Jay
10-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Bring extra weights for the tents... gonna be a windy one tomorrow!

Tatanka
10-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Bring extra weights for the tents... gonna be a windy one tomorrow!

Will the SDSU cheerleaders be in the west lot for tailgate?

Binford30
10-31-2014, 03:46 PM

The most important question asked yet!

BisonNation11
10-31-2014, 03:54 PM

We don't have any grass for them to graze. Check the open lot next to the hotel.

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2014, 04:03 PM
The most important question asked yet!

We don't have any grass for them to graze. Check the open lot next to the hotel.

stop hatin' you bastards!
If you scare 'em away...........how's daddy gonna get his "slumpbuster"????

wow
10-31-2014, 04:25 PM
This is just a rock solid point. No one's talking about it but this offensive line has replaced Turner, Colville, Gimmestad and Johnson while flipping Haeg and are still the strongest O-Line in the conference. No one's loss of offensive linemen argument is valid.

WTF man??? Nobody is arguing anything, mango was answering Tony's question. Bottom line, our offensive line is not playing well. You play with the cards you are dealt, the Bison are obviously playing better.

I will anxiously await the chip on the shoulder responses and neg rep from select Bisonvillers.

tjamz
10-31-2014, 04:37 PM
WTF man??? Nobody is arguing anything, mango was answering Tony's question. Bottom line, our offensive line is not playing well. You play with the cards you are dealt, the Bison are obviously playing better.

I will anxiously await the chip on the shoulder responses and neg rep from select Bisonvillers.

We're not used to complimentary/realistic fan bases, especially from our rivals. We assume everyone has an agenda and is making excuses rather than being complimentary of the position NDSU is in. (I really wish I could use purple in an appropriate manner on this topic but I'm being serious).

mango
10-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Here's the deal, we aren't a good football team right now. Injuries have killed us, but that's football. It happens. I'll be happy to keep it within 3 scores and once this week is over, I'll go back to cheering for NDSU to win another title.

bisonsupporter
10-31-2014, 05:02 PM
44-17 Bison. I do think in Zenner's last game vs the Bison he gets 75 yards and 2 TD's.

Can they stop playing the video when the lights go out...kills the mood. Just get to Thunderstruck and the countdown.

BisonNation11
10-31-2014, 05:06 PM
I like the new video during the intro. Updated weekly with new highlights. Great way to look back at what the team has already accomplished for the season.

bisonsupporter
10-31-2014, 05:09 PM
I like the new video during the intro. Updated weekly with new highlights. Great way to look back at what the team has already accomplished for the season.

and completely kills the opening. do the video at halftime.

Bison03
10-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it's a pretty cool fact. Sunday Nov. 2nd is the 125th anniversary of both North Dakota and South Dakota becoming a state. It's pretty cool that the day before the two land grand university football teams are playing for a tropphy modeled after markers that were made to show the new boundry. I wonder if both governors will be at the game tomorrow.

BisonNation11
10-31-2014, 05:10 PM
and completely kills the opening. do the video at halftime.

Can't appreciate where you are if you don't understand where you've been :)

bisonsupporter
10-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Can't appreciate where you are if you don't understand where you've been :)

agree, or play it with the lights on then at the end of the video kill the lights?

BisonNation11
10-31-2014, 05:22 PM
agree, or play it with the lights on then at the end of the video kill the lights?

That I would go for

KUlawJack
10-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it's a pretty cool fact. Sunday Nov. 2nd is the 125th anniversary of both North Dakota and South Dakota becoming a state. It's pretty cool that the day before the two land grand university football teams are playing for a tropphy modeled after markers that were made to show the new boundry. I wonder if both governors will be at the game tomorrow.

This is a very cool fact. Thanks for sharing.

Tatanka
10-31-2014, 06:09 PM

Who became a state first? :D

cbline
10-31-2014, 06:10 PM

Also, the two Governors have made the typical bet on the game, only the loser will donate $125 (in honor of the anniversary of statehood) to the others favorite charity.

cbline
10-31-2014, 06:10 PM

No one knows. The President shuffled the papers after signing them so that no one would know. :)

SDbison
10-31-2014, 06:19 PM
No one knows. The President shuffled the papers after signing them so that no one would know. :) In listing order of states ND is 39th and SD 40th due to alphabetical order.

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2014, 06:23 PM
In listing order of states ND is 39th and SD 40th due to alphabetical order.

But yet we can stick that in SD's face! Take that you 40th admitted state morons! [/purple]

mango
10-31-2014, 06:29 PM
But yet we can stick that in SD's face! Take that you 40th admitted state morons! [/purple]

We'll play you women's basketball for it :D

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2014, 06:37 PM
We'll play you women's basketball for it :D

My favorite part of my post was insulting myself since I live in SD.

A1pigskin
10-31-2014, 06:39 PM

If so, they should leg wrestle and the winner gets to choose to kick or receive. The leg wrestle should be on the 50 yd line. Who would win?

BisonNation11
10-31-2014, 06:48 PM
If so, they should leg wrestle and the winner gets to choose to kick or receive. The leg wrestle should be on the 50 yd line. Who would win?
Leevon Perry

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Leevon Perry

Can someone please repost the classic Gif of Leevon telling Zenner who his daddy is?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-31-2014, 07:03 PM

On that note, it would be cool to see each team running onto the field carrying their respective state's flag. Montana did that and I though it was pretty cool and appropriate. Maybe a player representative from each team could also carry their respective flag with the color guard onto the field for the national anthem.

I also would like to see our team carry the state flag out on the field for every game. I think it would be fitting for the flagship university of the state to do that.

NDSUstudent
10-31-2014, 11:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLi383UsWtw

NDSUstudent
10-31-2014, 11:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpUdMxD8Rw&feature=youtu.be&a

A1pigskin
11-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Any score predictions?

Bison Loaf
11-01-2014, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLi383UsWtw

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::ba nghead::banghead::banghead:!!!!!:badpc::badpc::bad pc::badpc::badpc::badpc:!!!!!!:pan::pan::pan::pan: :pan:!!!!!

Other than that, I loved it!

Bison Loaf
11-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Any score predictions?

I'll give you a prediction. "It's gonna be cold. It's gonna be grey. And it's gonna haunt them for the rest of their lives."

Bison 35
Jacks 10

bri-dog
11-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Can someone please repost the classic Gif of Leevon telling Zenner who his daddy is?

Sorry, just saw this post...

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

THEsocalledfan
11-01-2014, 02:10 AM

Thank you! Why does rag doll come to mind?

BisonHorns
11-01-2014, 02:13 AM
Holy King Kong Bundy! You know!

westnodak93bison
11-01-2014, 02:18 AM
The intro should include a bunch of highlight plays and big hits against the Jacks...god knows there are a dozen plus over the last few years

BisoninNWMN
11-01-2014, 02:23 AM
Bison curb stomp the Jacks tomorrow.

3 TD win......or more!

westnodak93bison
11-01-2014, 02:34 AM
Bison curb stomp the Jacks tomorrow.

3 TD win......or more!
The line is 20 right now

bisonpride4ever
11-01-2014, 02:40 AM
The intro should include a bunch of highlight plays and big hits against the Jacks...god knows there are a dozen plus over the last few years

I would love to see video of when Joe Mays gutted Ryan Berry like a fish. Seriously one of my favorite plays ever.

FFBison
11-01-2014, 03:02 AM

First play of the game, or at least SDSUs first offensive play of the game, if I recall correctly. What an awesome way to start.

StL Bison Fan
11-01-2014, 03:06 AM
Anyone listen to front row tonite? Listened on the way home and Scott talked to Terry V. He implied Zenner would play, there is something wrong with other QB. Said he wouldn't be mobile ( umm, yeah) and they were gonna have to stick with the run. If the guy can't walk I can't believe they'd play him.

NDSUSR
11-01-2014, 03:11 AM
Anyone listen to front row tonite? Listened on the way home and Scott talked to Terry V. He implied Zenner would play, there is something wrong with other QB. Said he wouldn't be mobile ( umm, yeah) and they were gonna have to stick with the run. If the guy can't walk I can't believe they'd play him.

You mean Sumner?

StL Bison Fan
11-01-2014, 03:13 AM
You mean Sumner?

Yes, sorry. Sumner.

MAKBison
11-01-2014, 03:18 AM
I would love to see video of when Joe Mays gutted Ryan Berry like a fish. Seriously one of my favorite plays ever.

would love o see a gif of that

bruinbison
11-01-2014, 03:29 AM
Nice article on Zach Zenner by Patrick Reusse *

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/281151812.html?page=1&c=y

* and also on the next Zenneration

So five years later, how does Stiegelmeier feel about his decision to offer a scholarship to the passing-challenged quarterback
from Eagan High?

“In my 31 years of coaching football, Zach Zenner may be the most complete student-athlete that I’ve been associated with,’’ Stiegelmeier said. “Zach is humble and brilliant … He defines the term ‘student-athlete.’ ’’

17>1
11-01-2014, 05:41 AM
I'd like to see the hits by Heagle in the dome against the Jacks, when he was either a freshman or sophomore. He really caught my attention that game.

BisoninNWMN
11-01-2014, 10:23 AM
I'd like to see the hits by Heagle in the dome against the Jacks, when he was either a freshman or sophomore. He really caught my attention that game.

I think it was his freshman year. He got a 15 yard penalty for a great hit on a guy.

westnodak93bison
11-01-2014, 11:04 AM
I think you guys are referring to Heagle's hit on Kyle Minett? I don't think he got penalized. Is there video of that one? I did a quick search on YouTube and found nothing.

StL Bison Fan
11-01-2014, 11:10 AM
I think you guys are referring to Heagle's hit on Kyle Minett? I don't think he got penalized. Is there video of that one? I did a quick search on YouTube and found nothing.

It's in one of the highlight vids. De cleated the guy. Bohl talked about it in the press conference and on his show.

ZHerd
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM
It's in one of the highlight vids. De cleated the guy. Bohl talked about it in the press conference and on his show.

Last years Craig Bohl football show vs SIU has big hits/tackes by all 3 safeties. It was a bone crush fest

bruinbison
11-01-2014, 01:52 PM

61 Iowa State
82 Northern Iowa (6)
83 SDSU (7)
96 Indiana State (10)
98 Youngstown State (11)
103 Missouri State (15)
141 Montana (32)
173 South Dakota (51)
211 Weber State (83)
235 Incarnate Word (107)

Good stuff! Montana State goes out to play Cal Poly today.
The Cats are 4-0, leading the Big Sky, 6-2 overall. Cal Poly is 4-1, 5-3 overall.
Both Dom and Jeff are picking Cal Poly in this game.

SDSU Jackrabbits edged Cal Poly 44 - 18 in a September game at Brookings.
QB Sumner was injured and did not play. QB Zach Lujuan was 12-20-1 for 184 yards and 3 TD's.
Zenner went for 50 Zenners against Cal Poly.

Be verwy cwareful with wounded wabbits!

17>1
11-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Yep, that's the one I'm thinking of, couldn't remember the RB though. I talked with Kyle briefly down in Brookings last year and he had nothing but good things to say about the Bison and their program. He did wish his ankle was healthier his SR year against us.

bri-dog
11-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I think it was his freshman year. He got a 15 yard penalty for a great hit on a guy.

I just re-watched part of that hard-hitting game. Heagle made a great hit on Minett in the hole, and also de-cleated the other runningback (Hubert) on a pass play. Neither drew a penalty.

NWMN, you are probably thinking of a hit by Eaves that drew a 15-yarder (bad call, he hit him with his shoulder). I was thinking that was Heagle also, but it was Eaves...

North Side
11-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Zenner will have less than 50 yards of rushing today. CODE GREEN!

westnodak93bison
11-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Zenner will have less than 50 yards of rushing today. CODE GREEN!
Hoping for -1 Zenner

IzzyFlexion
11-01-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm gonna go with....................the egg.

IzzyFlexion
11-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Good stuff! Montana State goes out to play Cal Poly today.
The Cats are 4-0, leading the Big Sky, 6-2 overall. Cal Poly is 4-1, 5-3 overall.
Both Dom and Jeff are picking Cal Poly in this game.

Cutest Fat Chick trophy could be headin to Bozo-town!!

MLSND
11-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Cutest Fat Chick trophy could be headin to Bozo-town!!

It's U of Montana and being played in Missoula. On Root Sports. U of M 7 Sac 3 first quarter.

A1pigskin
11-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Listening to the two Jacks in the SRO was funny. They were in the SE corner.

StL Bison Fan
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I thought I heard rabbits

A1pigskin
11-02-2014, 04:15 PM
One of them looked like Elmer Fudd.

bruinbison
02-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Zach Zenner gets to keep a diary for Fox Sports - his "Journey to the Draft".
Says he has improved his 40 time, but doesn't say what it is.
Oh, and he got engaged over the holidays.....congrats!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-draft-zach-zenner-south-dakota-state-021715

StL Bison Fan
02-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Zach Zenner gets to keep a diary for Fox Sports - his "Journey to the Draft".
Says he has improved his 40 time, but doesn't say what it is.
Oh, and he got engaged over the holidays.....congrats!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-draft-zach-zenner-south-dakota-state-021715
He is a good guy. Sure we made fun of him, but I wish him congrats and good luck going forward in the nfl or med school.

bisonfanette
02-18-2015, 05:47 PM
He is a good guy. Sure we made fun of him, but I wish him congrats and good luck going forward in the nfl or med school.

And he has a flip phone ~ :)

gumby013
02-18-2015, 06:08 PM

Why didn't we know this earlier? That is prime Gameday sign material.

17>1
02-18-2015, 07:59 PM

Absolutely! He was fun to watch play. Obviously with him being on a rival team, we were going to do our best to "smack" him around. But I'm sure the majority of us agree that he was a special kind of player. I'm a fan of his from here on out, do the MVFC and FCS proud.

Tatanka
02-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Absolutely! He was fun to watch play. Obviously with him being on a rival team, we were going to do our best to "smack" him around. But I'm sure the majority of us agree that he was a special kind of player. I'm a fan of his from here on out, do the MVFC and FCS proud.

Agreed!!!!!

MNLonghorn10
02-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Psh. Are you ladies going to cry about it if he gets cut?

Brah went to the wrong school. Ef him

17>1
02-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Psh. Are you ladies going to cry about it if he gets cut?

Brah went to the wrong school. Ef him

Meh, it's just a game. Takes a lot more than a guy getting cut to make me cry. If he comes to NDSU instead, then maybe we don't see Crock or Sam and I'm glad they were both Bison. Everything happens for a reason.

gotts
02-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Meh, it's just a game. Takes a lot more than a guy getting cut to make me cry. If he comes to NDSU instead, then maybe we don't see Crock or Sam and I'm glad they were both Bison. Everything happens for a reason.

Your name isn't TheSoCalledFan, though.

17>1
02-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Your name isn't TheSoCalledFan, though.

You're right, and thank God for that.

Da Bison
02-19-2015, 03:51 AM
Can you imagine someone with a flip phone. ...............

I know someone posting in this thread who doesn't even have a phone:eek:

bluebison35
02-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Mel Kiper has Zenner listed as the third best fullback in the draft!!! If you are an insider on ESPN you can see the position rankings by Mel!!

BisManBison
02-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Mel Kiper has Zenner listed as the third best fullback in the draft!!! If you are an insider on ESPN you can see the position rankings by Mel!!

Fullback??? Mel needs to mix in a water once in a while if he lists him as the third best fullback. I'm not saying he couldn't play fullback, but to say he' the third best at a position he's never played seems to suggest Mel is saucing hard...again....

SanDakotaState
02-20-2015, 06:19 PM

Is this true? I have a hard time believing this.

Could you possibly copy and paste the rankings on here if it is true?

bluebison35
02-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Fullbacks

1. Jalston Fowler (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/504027/jalston-fowler), Alabama
2. Tyler Varga (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/529898/tyler-varga), Yale
3. Zach Zenner (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/506671/zach-zenner), South Dakota St.
4. Mark Weisman (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/518388/mark-weisman), Iowa
5. Lee Ward (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/505325/lee-ward), Stanford
6. Cameron Stingily (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/502564/cameron-stingily), No. Illinois
7. Connor Neighbors (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/504175/connor-neighbors), LSU
8. Hunter Joyer (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512198/hunter-joyer), Florida
9. Zach Laskey (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/513703/zach-laskey), Georgia Tech
10. D.J. Warren (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/517207/darrell-warren), Kentucky

scottietohottie
02-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Mel must have watched his tapes against the bison and figured he can't play rb.

Vet70
02-20-2015, 07:38 PM

Zing! :rimshot:

ZHerd
02-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Fullbacks

1. Jalston Fowler (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/504027/jalston-fowler), Alabama
2. Tyler Varga (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/529898/tyler-varga), Yale
3. Zach Zenner (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/506671/zach-zenner), South Dakota St.
4. Mark Weisman (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/518388/mark-weisman), Iowa
5. Lee Ward (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/505325/lee-ward), Stanford
6. Cameron Stingily (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/502564/cameron-stingily), No. Illinois
7. Connor Neighbors (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/504175/connor-neighbors), LSU
8. Hunter Joyer (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512198/hunter-joyer), Florida
9. Zach Laskey (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/513703/zach-laskey), Georgia Tech
10. D.J. Warren (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/517207/darrell-warren), Kentucky

Gotta be the fastest FB on that list.

Bison Loaf
02-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Fullbacks

If that's the case, where would that put Bonnet if he were a senior!

This also tells me that Mr. Zenner's stock has greatly fallen as a running back. I am not an anti-Zenner guy, but it appears that when he gets up against athletic defenses, like NFL prospects (and/or NDSU's :)), he goes from all-world to just another ball carrier with 30 rushes per game. The fact is, a lot of stats will look good with those kind of attempts.

bisonmike2
02-20-2015, 07:54 PM

He actually just saw the 2013 Bison/Jacks game and assumed that because he only had 8 carries for 4 yards that he must be a FB. A featured back is going to get more than 8 carries and to his credit they were a very impressive 4 yards.

Vet70
02-20-2015, 08:05 PM
He actually just saw the 2013 Bison/Jacks game and assumed that because he only had 8 carries for 4 yards that he must be a FB. A featured back is going to get more than 8 carries and to his credit they were a very impressive 4 yards.

Was that the game that Perry put the monster hit on him right off the bat? If so Zenner probably thought that he was a FB and shouldn't be carrying the ball. You might also recall Stig said afterwards that he made a mistake by not keep giving Zenner the ball---great thinking---I should have keep trying what didn't work.

NDSU '96
02-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Guys with Zenner's skin color are fullbacks in the NFL until they can prove otherwise. Reverse of the way it used to be for QBs.

StL Bison Fan
02-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Was that the game that Perry put the monster hit on him right off the bat? If so Zenner probably thought that he was a FB and shouldn't be carrying the ball. You might also recall Stig said afterwards that he made a mistake by not keep giving Zenner the ball---great thinking---I should have keep trying what didn't work.

The invention of the Zenner as a unit of measure, has it's roots in Brookings,SD an away game.
Also occurring was over flow toilets and their version of No Food Football. I was present on the Yello Bleachers of Death (RIP)

Vet70
02-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks---they all seem to run together after a while----the hit I am thinking about must have been 2012 in Fargo. Glad you survived the bleachers---I was there for a game early last decade and once was enough for me.

BisManBison
02-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Since 2010, here's a year by year look at how many fullbacks have been drafted and the round drafted:

2010: John Connor (5); Jameson Konz (7)
2011: Owen Maricec (4); Anthony Sherman (5); Charles Clay (6); Shaun Chapas (7); Stanley Havili (7)
2012: Rhett Ellison (4); Bradie Ewing (5); Drake Dunsmore (7)
2013: Kyle Juszcyk (4); Braden Wilson (6); Tommy Bohanon (7)
2014: Jay Prosch (6); Kiero Small (7); Trey Millard (7)

Not a position where you are likely to be drafted, especially from the FCS ranks. Only one of these is FCS, Juszcyk from Harvard. If Zenner is being looked at for a fullback spot, his running and pass catching capabilities might separate him and increase his stock, but doubtful anyone would use a draft choice on someone at a position you didn't play in college that teams just don't draft anymore.

At any rate, I hope you gets an opportunity to plat somewhere whether its running back or fullback..

BisonNeil
02-21-2015, 03:54 AM
Since 2010, here's a year by year look at how many fullbacks have been drafted and the round drafted:

2010: John Connor (5); Jameson Konz (7)
2011: Owen Maricec (4); Anthony Sherman (5); Charles Clay (6); Shaun Chapas (7); Stanley Havili (7)
2012: Rhett Ellison (4); Bradie Ewing (5); Drake Dunsmore (7)
2013: Kyle Juszcyk (4); Braden Wilson (6); Tommy Bohanon (7)
2014: Jay Prosch (6); Kiero Small (7); Trey Millard (7)

Not a position where you are likely to be drafted, especially from the FCS ranks. Only one of these is FCS, Juszcyk from Harvard. If Zenner is being looked at for a fullback spot, his running and pass catching capabilities might separate him and increase his stock, but doubtful anyone would use a draft choice on someone at a position you didn't play in college that teams just don't draft anymore.

At any rate, I hope you gets an opportunity to plat somewhere whether its running back or fullback..

Zenner is a great back, but he is not, I repeat, NOT a FB. He is a dwarf in that respect. I cannot believe this is being discussed.