PDA

View Full Version : Pierre Gee-Tucker's injury during Indiana State game

tony
10-23-2014, 11:51 PM
Jeff Kolpack with a story on his run of bad luck: http://www.inforum.com/content/kolpack-injury-history-has-hindered-lb-gee-tuckers-growth-field

I had heard he injured his MCL but Kolpack's story made it sound like they haven't figured out exactly what it was due to a pre-existing knee problem.

Hope he recovers fully and quickly.

SamsRams
10-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Jeff Kolpack with a story on his run of bad luck: http://www.inforum.com/content/kolpack-injury-history-has-hindered-lb-gee-tuckers-growth-field

I had heard he injured his MCL but Kolpack's story made it sound like they haven't figured out exactly what it was due to a pre-existing knee problem.

Hope he recovers fully and quickly.

This is a bummer. He really should have redshirted this year

56BISON73
10-24-2014, 12:03 AM
This poor kid just cant stay healthy.

CaBisonFan
10-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Any chance of a medical hardship year? Not sure how all of that works.

17>1
10-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Any chance of a medical hardship year? Not sure how all of that works.

I don't know for sure either how it works, but didn't he maybe already have a potential hardship year coming? Can a player get more than one hardship year?

NorthernBison
10-24-2014, 12:54 AM
I believe he played as a true Freshman. He hasn't used a redshirt year so he could apply for a medical hardship to turn this season into the equivalent of a redshirt...... If he met the criteria.

I don't think he does. Have to have played in less than 30% of the scheduled contests AND none in the 2nd half of the season

At least that's the way I understand the hardship waiver and it's the same criteria in the case where you are requesting a 6th season.

Bisonator98
10-24-2014, 02:27 AM
I really feel for the kid. He's just never really gotten going and he gets hurt again. That sucks.

westnodak93bison
10-24-2014, 03:57 AM
Yeah sucks to get hurt but I hope he keeps plugging away.

bisontwice
10-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Wish him the best but as recent history would suggest, Carlton being an exception, LB's with leg injuries have a tough road back.

Bison81
10-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Wish him the best but as recent history would suggest, Carlton being an exception, LB's with leg injuries have a tough road back.

would have to think about Zack V. and all his hard luck - seems like once he was a couple years in - his "luck" and injuries improved greatly...cw

NorthernBison
10-24-2014, 08:45 PM
He played in 8 games in 2013 and more than half the scheduled contests this season including last week which was game 7. So, he has two years of eligibility left after this season plus the option to redshirt if he needs a year to recover from this injury or if he suffers another (knock on wood). I haven't heard if the injury on Saturday is serious. Any news?

BisonNation11
10-24-2014, 08:51 PM
I think they were guessing MCL. They were fairly positive it wasn't ACL. I will not say I know anything about injuries and the like, but if there's anyway that he can put a brace on and play and it's something he wants to do a la Grant Olson, I say let him play since he won't be able to medical rs this year.

NorthernBison
10-24-2014, 09:06 PM
I think they were guessing MCL. They were fairly positive it wasn't ACL. I will not say I know anything about injuries and the like, but if there's anyway that he can put a brace on and play and it's something he wants to do a la Grant Olson, I say let him play since he won't be able to medical rs this year.
I guess it depends on if surgery is required and the expected rehab time. Often, it makes more sense to get it fixed and start the rehab process ASAP. I guess we'll hear soon enough.

BisonNeil
10-26-2014, 05:10 AM
I still think we will see great things about PGT. We know of several players that have been injured early in their career and have still had great careers; Vraa, Jensen, Vaadeland all come to mind recently.