PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

NDSUstudent
10-20-2014, 01:27 AM
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/espn991.com/files/2014/03/Sioux-Falls-Washington-Warriors-vs-Rapid-City-Stevens-Raiders-2014-South-Dakota-Class-AA-Tournament-third-place-e1395576796701.jpg
Deng Geu (http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/deng-geu)
Sioux Falls(Washington), SD 6'9 PF
Video Highlights: 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YlCp4NYKs)

Washington High F Deng Geu has verbally committed to play hoops at NDSU, according to Schoolers director @PaulWSeville. SDSU also offered.

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/524008291660079105

HoopsBison
10-20-2014, 01:29 AM
Very excited about this kid and him choosing NDSU. Very long and athletic, lot of potential.

El_Chapo
10-20-2014, 01:31 AM
I so want this development to happen here at NDSU! Welcome

Was there any other offers for him?

THEsocalledfan
10-20-2014, 11:55 AM
I so want this development to happen here at NDSU! Welcome

Was there any other offers for him?

Argus had an article on it today; too lazy to look for it. I think it said he was offered by SDSU and USD. Sounds like he lived in Fargo until just recently.

El_Chapo
10-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Yea i got pmed that too. Usd and sdsu. Then a jacks fan said they need guards blah blah.If we get dan jech too that'll be 2 tall guys! !

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Can someone in the know please phonetically spell the correct pronunciation of his name for me.

BisonJD
10-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Can someone in the know please phonetically spell the correct pronunciation of his name for me.

Pronounced: DANG GOW

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Thank you I was stuck on Goo, Gow or Gee

Anyway hope he has a successful and dominating career at NDSU.

bisonfan08
10-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Super excited about this kid, he brings size and raw athleticism to the center position that we haven't had before. If our coaching staff continues to develop talent like they have we could be sitting really well as far as bigs go with Eliason and now Geu. The future for NDSU basketball gets brighter everyday!

BisonJD
10-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Super excited about this kid, he brings size and raw athleticism to the center position that we haven't had before. If our coaching staff continues to develop talent like they have we could be sitting really well as far as bigs go with Eliason and now Geu. The future for NDSU basketball gets brighter everyday!

Agree 100% Bison08. This kid is incredibly athletic and "bouncy." I've seen a lot of him and truly believe he is the second coming of Trayvon. Might take a few years, but most people tell me that his shot is ahead of Tray's when he came to NDSU. Deng needs to put on about 15 lbs and develop/maintain an aggressive mindset of getting to the rim. He'll be a fun one to watch for sure! I don't think he projects as a 5 in college.

Mr Meaty
10-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Great to get a kid like this. Develop him into a solid post player along with other players/recruits and we will be dancing again, again, again and again. Go Bison the March is On.

bisonfan08
10-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Agree 100% Bison08. This kid is incredibly athletic and "bouncy." I've seen a lot of him and truly believe he is the second coming of Trayvon. Might take a few years, but most people tell me that his shot is ahead of Tray's when he came to NDSU. Deng needs to put on about 15 lbs and develop/maintain an aggressive mindset of getting to the rim. He'll be a fun one to watch for sure! I don't think he projects as a 5 in college.

Well that would be even better especially since he is 2" taller than Tray and he still has a full year of high school left. If we can play him at the 4 and Eliason at the 5 spot plus having a pair of 6'7" guys in Trey Miller (G/F) and Wesenburg (F) being in the mix at the 2 and 3 spots we'll be back to looking like the team we just went dancing with. If Richman stays with the pack line style defense having that kind of length will make it very difficult for teams to score on us. Like I said, the future gets brighter every day!

The Lost Dutchman
10-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Well that would be even better especially since he is 2" taller than Tray and he still has a full year of high school left. If we can play him at the 4 and Eliason at the 5 spot plus having a pair of 6'7" guys in Trey Miller (G/F) and Wesenburg (F) being in the mix at the 2 and 3 spots we'll be back to looking like the team we just went dancing with. If Richman stays with the pack line style defense having that kind of length will make it very difficult for teams to score on us. Like I said, the future gets brighter every day!

I don't think Wesenberg is a 3, he'll be a legit 4 for NDSU. Would be nice to see him redshirt, but he might be too talented....

silkamilkamonico
10-21-2014, 09:43 PM
I don't think Wesenberg is a 3, he'll be a legit 4 for NDSU. Would be nice to see him redshirt, but he might be too talented....

Yea Wesenberg is a legitimate big and will play inside.

bisonfan08
10-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Then I don't think he will redshirt, we need the depth this year so if he has the talent I expect him to see his fair share of playing time.

Kujava23
10-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Any BIGS that you can successfully recruit is a PLUS! Also, if you can land bigs with lots of potential and develop them you are way ahead in our conference.
I am excited to see the recent additions to the 4's and 5's with our '14 and '15 Recruiting Classes!
GO BISON!

The Lost Dutchman
10-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Deng is probably much more raw than Dan Jech but he will also have the luxury of being able to redshirt. i wonder if this was a case of whoever committed first between Deng and Jech would get that scholarship?

NDSUFan_Sav
10-31-2014, 04:51 PM
I've mentioned before Deng was close to coming back to Fargo to play at Shanley. I heard while back it was between NDSU and SDSU and depending on if he came to Shanley it would be NDSU, if he stayed in Sioux Falls it was SDSU. He wanted his family to be close to wherever he went to school.

Glad we got him instead of SDSU. I've heard some really good things bout him, especially his athleticism. He is also a great shot blocker and loves to throw it down.

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2014, 02:08 PM
In case you did not read the Argus this AM:

http://argusne.ws/1AE5hh0

My goodness, we may have hit this one out of the park; and with his Fargo connection, I hope he will stay if the B1G or B12 come calling.

Bison"FANatic"
12-17-2014, 02:16 PM
He is signed sealed and delivered

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/12/MBB_1112142435.aspx?path=mbball

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2014, 02:24 PM
He is signed sealed and delivered

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/12/MBB_1112142435.aspx?path=mbball

Great, thought it was a verbal deal. This kid sure sounds like the real deal....

Bison"FANatic"
12-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Great, thought it was a verbal deal. This kid sure sounds like the real deal....

Ya basketball gets a little confusing with the early and late signing periods and keeping everything sorted out.

bisonfan08
12-18-2014, 01:26 PM
In case you did not read the Argus this AM:

http://argusne.ws/1AE5hh0

My goodness, we may have hit this one out of the park; and with his Fargo connection, I hope he will stay if the B1G or B12 come calling.

He's signed, he'll be close to home, I'm optimistic he'll stay committed to us. I can't wait to open the SHAC in 2 years after this kid's redshirt year and see him dominate the Summit. It should be the Paul Miller show by then but what a combo they could turn out to be. The awesome part is Dylan Miller also looks like he'll be a stud for us at the 5 spot, these guys could be the 4, 5 combo that NDSU has never had that I can remember. We've always been more of a 1 big team, would give us a HUGE advantage in our league.

bruinbison
12-30-2014, 02:36 AM
Prep Hoops Dakotas‏@PrepHoopsDakota

The future Bison big @DengGeu just ran the break, dropped a left handed dime off going full speed. Has dominated inside with 22 points

Prep Hoops Dakotas‏@PrepHoopsDakota
Deng Geu (@DengGeu) is a steal for NDSU, straight steal, @RyanJamesMN has said it now for about 9 months.

Mike Miller Classic at the Cornpalace in Mitchell - Deng Geu with 22 points against
Evangelical Christian (Tennessee), has a couple nice highlights in the tv sports highlights

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40738&Itemid=58#video_player

bruinbison
12-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Sioux Falls Washington leads Minneapolis DeLasalle by 1 at halftime, but falls 77-63.
Deng Geu with 13 points, Carter Keller with 21. DeLasalle was led by 6' 4" Div I recruit Sacar Anin
(Northern Iowa offer, also Indiana State, SDSU, South Dakota and others) with 33 points,
Minnesota signee PG Jarvis Johnson with 17 and UN_ recruit Joshua Collins (6' 5") with 16.
This was at the Mike Miller Classic at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD.
I got to watch a 6' 8" PG, yes 6' 8" PG, run the show one game at the Corn Palace long ago.
Very entertaining to see, and fun place for basketball. Yes, it was that Mike Miller (the NBA's).
Sioux Falls Roosevelt (?) was the competition, and they did have a 6' 6" player they could put on Miller.
But I digress, SF Washington got to play a very tough DeLasalle squad who also have some size (three 6' 5"s).
Good experience for Deng Geu.

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40775&Itemid=58#video_player

HoopsBison
12-30-2014, 09:25 PM
So jacked about Deng being a Bison. Such a good get for us.

fbmind
01-15-2015, 02:36 PM
A great feature on Deng Geu by MidcoSN (has a lot of good highlights)...this guy is a big-time get. Story also says that the coaches have already told Geu that he will redshirt next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XdKebW4XNs&feature=youtu.be

Bison"FANatic"
01-15-2015, 02:41 PM
From what I have heard it is Geu who has said he wants to redshirt and coaches are fine with that. I have heard Freddy say that the coaches leave it up to the kids, they will tell them how many minutes they are looking at and their role and leave it up to the kids. It sounds like Geu has a 5 year plan and I can't wait to watch him execute it!!!!!!!

bisonfan08
01-20-2015, 02:39 PM
A great feature on Deng Geu by MidcoSN (has a lot of good highlights)...this guy is a big-time get. Story also says that the coaches have already told Geu that he will redshirt next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XdKebW4XNs&feature=youtu.be

This almost gives me chills I'm so excited to have him joining our team. To me I see him being a taller and thicker Trayvonn, he might not quite have the outside game but he should be a great shot blocker and a guy that plays above the rim. I see a lot of Kabellis to Geu alley-oops in the future of Bison Basketball

tjbison
01-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Doesnt he or his family have ties to Fargo already?

THEsocalledfan
01-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Doesnt he or his family have ties to Fargo already?

He lived in Fargo before moving to Sioux Falls. Must want to leave our palm tress, I guess....

North Side
01-20-2015, 11:44 PM
How is his basketball season going?

HoopsBison
01-20-2015, 11:54 PM
How is his basketball season going?

He is having a super solid senior year, don't know his exact stats but he is playing really well and a lot of people are chattering how it will be an absolute steal for NDSU to get Geu. I personally cant tell you the last time I was this excited about a bball recruit. I really think he has a good chance to be a very special player for NDSU.

Here is a link from South Dakota news sports station.

http://www.kdlt.com/sports/deng-geu-has-the-right-stuff/30805828

BisonJD
01-21-2015, 05:16 PM
The SD schools are going to be kicking themselves in two years for having missed on Deng and Nate Brown Bull (assuming he ends up at Denver). Two impact kids leaving for other Summit League schools.

KSBisonFan
01-21-2015, 05:28 PM
The SD schools are going to be kicking themselves in two years for having missed on Deng and Nate Brown Bull (assuming he ends up at Denver). Two impact kids leaving for other Summit League schools.

Really excited to get Deng. Has Brown Bull verballed to Denver?

BisonJD
01-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Really excited to get Deng. Has Brown Bull verballed to Denver?

I don't believe so. A visit and some mutual interest...

Bison"FANatic"
01-21-2015, 06:58 PM
The SD schools are going to be kicking themselves in two years for having missed Nate Brown Bull (assuming he ends up at Denver).

I don't think the SD schools will be kicking themselves for missing on Nate. You can't teach 7 foot but I don't see him being a D1 impact player with the film I have seen on him. He can stand and block shots from kids a foot smaller but the Summit will eat him up.

BisonJD
01-21-2015, 09:49 PM
I don't think the SD schools will be kicking themselves for missing on Nate. You can't teach 7 foot but I don't see him being a D1 impact player with the film I have seen on him. He can stand and block shots from kids a foot smaller but the Summit will eat him up.

I agree to the extent that Nate is "raw"....however, you said it yourself, you don't teach 7 feet. Guys that size don't grow on trees, especially at the mid-major level. That said, it needs to be a situation where you afford to redshirt him and make him a project with the hope that he pays off in 2 years (and burn the scholarship). He's 7 feet tall and runs the floor well. He does not possess a post move. He has a very small frame. However, with the right coaching in the right situation, I think he could be a Keith Benson-ish player in the Summit League.

BisonNation11
01-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Stuff the young man with as much protein as he can stomach, get him lifting weights and doing footwork/agility/balance drills/skills/exercises. You can't teach height, but you can improve footwork and teach post moves.

Herd12
01-21-2015, 09:59 PM
I tend to agree. At this level if a guy is 7 feet tall and doesn't hurt himself running up and down the floor you basically have to try.

Herd12
01-22-2015, 01:07 PM
WOW. I was just thinking about it and the team that we open up the SHAC with is going to be very, very good. And big. And deep.

5 Eliason RSo
4 Werner RSr
3 Jacobson RJr
2 Dupree Sr
1 P Miller Jr

D Miller So
Geu RFr
Clements Sr
Showalter Jr
Wesenberg Jr

That's a rock solid Summit league rotation without even making mention of Trey Miller, Khy Kabellis, or Brian Ishola. Wow.

BisonNation11
01-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Is the basketball team trying to copy the football team with their Miller's vs the Z. Johnson's? :biggrin:

Mr Meaty
01-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Is the basketball team trying to copy the football team with their Miller's vs the Z. Johnson's? :biggrin:

it is like a Lays potato chip, You cant stop at just one!!!

ndsubison1
01-22-2015, 06:52 PM
WOW. I was just thinking about it and the team that we open up the SHAC with is going to be very, very good. And big. And deep.

5 Eliason RSo
4 Werner RSr
3 Jacobson RJr
2 Dupree Sr
1 P Miller Jr

D Miller So
Geu RFr
Clements Sr
Showalter Jr
Wesenberg Jr

That's a rock solid Summit league rotation without even making mention of Trey Miller, Khy Kabellis, or Brian Ishola. Wow.

dupree at 1, miller 2 btw :)

Herd12
01-22-2015, 07:24 PM
dupree at 1, miller 2 btw :)

You're never going to get me to go down that road. Miller is the PG of the future and I will not be convinced otherwise.

ndsubison1
01-22-2015, 08:02 PM
You're never going to get me to go down that road. Miller is the PG of the future and I will not be convinced otherwise.

dupree is more of a ball handler. miller a shooter. however, that doesn't mean they're not interchangeable.

Herd12
01-22-2015, 08:08 PM
I totally agree but Dupree is a ball handler in the sense of getting to the rim. Nothing I've seen from him makes me think he can take the Woodside/Alexander banner. Neither of them is a great distrubutor but I can't even remember the last time the Bison had a high assist total PG. I know Paul is 6'4" and Carlin isn't but I just see some of Wolters in him. I think he's the next evolution of the NDSU score first PG.

RedRiver
01-22-2015, 08:32 PM

5 Eliason RSo
4 Werner RSr
3 Jacobson RJr
2 Dupree Sr
1 P Miller Jr

D Miller So
Geu RFr
Clements Sr
Showalter Jr
Wesenberg Jr

Miller will be starting at 5, maybe as soon as he steps on campus.

Herd12
01-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Miller will be starting at 5, maybe as soon as he steps on campus.

You'll get no disagreement from me on this. Deng might start over Dex too. I basically gavec upperclassmen the benefit of the doubt in all situations.

BisonNation11
01-22-2015, 09:02 PM

I am in this boat. He is so smooth with the ball in his hands and he can create his own separation if needed to get a shot off. Anybody can drive to the hole. Dupree needs to learn how to finish amongst the bigs once he's there. And Dupree gets too creative/wild for his own good sometimes. Miller is the man and I may self-proclaim to be his biggest fan.

Also, Miller needs to go sleeveless undershirt the rest of the year and LA needs to wear Miller's lucky undershirt. He was 4-5 from the field and 2-3 from 3pt land against W. Ill.

Bison03
01-23-2015, 05:57 PM
There are some amazing prospects coming in or beginnnig to play the next couple years. If Dave can get them to play like this years team...look out.

bisonfan08
01-24-2015, 11:20 PM
There are some amazing prospects coming in or beginnnig to play the next couple years. If Dave can get them to play like this years team...look out.

THIS^^^ With what this team has accomplished this season despite being shorthanded, lacking size and depth and with low expectations has been nothing short of an amazing job by Richman and his staff. If he can get all this talent coming in to play with the same intensity, passion and selflessness that this current team plays with, boy we are gonna have some fun teams to watch in the future, going to be a lot of fun!

BisonJD
01-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Deng went for 14 points/12 rebounds/3 blocks last night, as SF Washington rolled Brandon Valley 51-35.

Geu's 12 rebounds and three blocks were almost par for the course, an indication of how the North Dakota State recruit's big games seem so effortless. In all, Tuesday night's game looked a lot like what it was — a No. 1-ranked squad asserting itself when the game mattered the most.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2015/01/28/washington-versatile-beating-lynx/22451193/

THEsocalledfan
01-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Deng went for 14 points/12 rebounds/3 blocks last night, as SF Washington rolled Brandon Valley 51-35.

Geu's 12 rebounds and three blocks were almost par for the course, an indication of how the North Dakota State recruit's big games seem so effortless. In all, Tuesday night's game looked a lot like what it was — a No. 1-ranked squad asserting itself when the game mattered the most.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2015/01/28/washington-versatile-beating-lynx/22451193/

JD, I know this kid lived in Fargo, but did he have any interest from MN, Iowa, Iowa St, and Nebraska? This kid is clearly big time talent and he is still raw which is kind of scary....

BisonJD
01-28-2015, 04:09 PM
JD, I know this kid lived in Fargo, but did he have any interest from MN, Iowa, Iowa St, and Nebraska? This kid is clearly big time talent and he is still raw which is kind of scary....

In talking to his AAU coach, he had little interest until this summer when he really blew up with the Dakota Schoolers. He played really well against high end competition and high end players. Washington HS's style and pace of play doesn't necessarily showcase his best assets. Playing AAU ball with a more open, run-and-gun style offense, he blossomed. He was starting to get looks from some area P5 schools, but I don't think he had any serious interest outside of the Summit League schools (specifically USD, SDSU and NDSU) and couldn't pass up a scholarship offer. This kid is a true find / diamond in the rough and I'm excited to see what Coach Richmond and his staff can do with him.

bruinbison
03-10-2015, 04:28 AM
Sioux Falls Washington defeats SF Lincoln for the District championship, 20th victory of the year for the #1 ranked team in SD.
On to the state tourney for the Warriors.

Washington’s Deng Geu, Cole Benson and a fresh Matt Farniok off the bench played their part to neutralize the second-ranked Patriots, who struggled to find a rhythm going 17 of 53 from the field.

Geu led the Warriors with 21 points, anchoring the inside, getting to the foul line and scoring off the second chance.

The North Dakota State recruit added 11 rebounds, three assists, five blocks and two steals in one of his most complete games of the season.

“Every point felt really good,” Geu said. “When we were down, we weathered the storm. It was a big crowd with a lot of energy. It’s fun knowing I’m going to state again.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/no-1-warriors-get-20th-win-trip-to-state

HandoEX
03-10-2015, 04:49 AM
Deng was in attendance at tonight's Bison game. I'm pumped for this kid!

NDSUFan_Sav
03-10-2015, 05:28 AM
Deng was in attendance at tonight's Bison game. I'm pumped for this kid!
You won't be let down!

natstar1
03-10-2015, 07:00 AM
Are we thinking he'll redshirt next year?

NDSUstudent
03-10-2015, 07:06 AM

I believe that is the plan, with the influx of bigs coming in probably a decent idea. He could use some more muscle.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-10-2015, 07:08 AM

I believe that is the plan, with the influx of bigs coming in probably a decent idea. He could use some more muscle.
Think he wants to redshirt

bruinbison
03-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Sioux Falls Washington advances to the SD State AA Title game tonight (Sat).
The Warriors defeated Rapid City Stevens 65-43 and will play SF Lincoln in the championship game.

With Carter’s perimeter damage opening up space inside, bigs Deng Geu and Cole Benson made the most of their opportunities.
Geu finished with a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds, while Benson chipped in 18 points and eight boards.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/warriors-hunt-title-to-cap-stirring-season

In the first photo in the Argus-Leader article, Deng Geu is shown on the bench with Matt Farniok next to him.
IIRC, Farniok is the younger brother to both the Iowa State and Oklahoma football players.
He is a junior and South Dakota's next big-time recruit. I believe he is about 6' 6" 290.

bruinbison
03-21-2015, 08:39 PM
The Gatorade Company, in collaboration with USA TODAY High School Sports, today announced Deng Geu of Washington High School as its 2014-15 Gatorade South Dakota Boys Basketball Player of the Year.

The 6-foot-9, 180-pound senior forward has led the Warriors to a 20-2 record and a berth in the quarterfinals of the Class AA state quarterfinals against Huron, scheduled for March 19. Geu is averaging 17.5 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game entering the state tournament. He was selected to the All-City Team and the All-State Tournament Team as a junior. Geu has maintained a B average in the classroom.

http://www.gatorade.com/poy/assets/writable/15813/2014-15_BK_DGeu.pdf

HoopsBison
03-22-2015, 01:42 AM
So excited for Deng's college career at ndsu, kid is going to be special

Mr. Burgundy
03-22-2015, 02:22 AM
He's winning a state title right now. Sioux Falls fans.....must hate where he's going to school next year.

ndsubison1
03-22-2015, 02:28 AM
did sdsu offer him? did anybody else?

BismarckBisonFan
03-22-2015, 02:32 AM

Looks like the bunnies did.

http://bisonation.info/pf-deng-geu-sioux-falls-sd-2015-offer/

ThunderDan
03-22-2015, 02:34 AM
6'9", 180lbs? Get him to Sonic ASAP!

bruinbison
03-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately for Sioux Falls Washington, the 4th time was not the charm.
After beating Sioux Falls Lincoln 3 times this season,
Lincoln defeats Washington 47-45 in the SD AA championship game.
Deng Geu with 14 points for Washington in the loss.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/lincoln-rallies-to-capture-class-a-glory

NDSUFan_Sav
03-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Yes it was between us and sdsu and honestly thought he was going to sdsu. Its a huge get for NDSU.

Bison"FANatic"
03-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes it was between us and sdsu and honestly thought he was going to sdsu. Its a huge get for NDSU.

It was us and USD as SDSU went after more guard type player

NDSUFan_Sav
03-22-2015, 08:48 PM
It was us and USD as SDSU went after more guard type player
Well I know last summer it was between ndsu and sdsu, while USD was on the outside. They were considerering moving back to Fargo for his Sr year and would attend NDSU. If he stayed in Sioux Falls he was more than likely going to SDSU. Thinks may have changed with sdsu and usd and with him staying down there for school I was shocked we got him.

Bison"FANatic"
03-22-2015, 08:54 PM
The midco minute or another show I have seen on midcon multiple times where they talk about him and his recruitment says it was down to us and USD and SDSU had pulled back earlier and was going after guards.

unbison
03-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Of course they pulled back .... You or I would say the same thing if didn't get him

westnodak93bison
04-09-2015, 02:53 PM
I watched some of a rerun last night on midco. Wow this kid can run for a 6'8-9" kid. Athletic upside is huge!
Its gonna be fun watching him develop.

BisonJD
04-09-2015, 06:08 PM
I watched some of a rerun last night on midco. Wow this kid can run for a 6'8-9" kid. Athletic upside is huge!
Its gonna be fun watching him develop.

Deng will play his last game on Midco this Sunday at 3 pm as part of the Sanford Pentagon SD High School Basketball All Star Game. The next time he puts on jersey after Sunday, it will be for the Bison. This is a huge get for NDSU...Richmond and Co. have a great class coming in.

Bison"FANatic"
04-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Deng will play his last game on Midco this Sunday at 3 pm as part of the Sanford Pentagon SD High School Basketball All Star Game. The next time he puts on jersey after Sunday, it will be for the Bison. This is a huge get for NDSU...Richmond and Co. have a great class coming in.

I will have to try watching that or set the DVR. It will be fun to see Deng play against the competition. I am also interested to see the 7+ footer Nate Brown Bull play against some of the best in SD. He is tall but the clips I saw on him it didn't seem like he played above the rim that much for someone of his height. It will be interesting to see if his career goes anywhere 7+ footers don't grow on trees. For all I know he can't play a lick of D, might be interesting game to watch.

westnodak93bison
04-09-2015, 06:31 PM
What is Richmond and Co? A new clothing store downtown? Its Richman. Think rich man cause that is what he will be. Dude can coach.

bruinbison
04-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Deng Geu named to South Dakota Class AA All-State Team

Geu, a North Dakota State recruit, headlines the six-player first team as the top vote getter. The Gatorade South Dakota Player of the Year stood out for reasons passing his 6-foot-9 frame and highlight-reel dunks. As the Warriors’ centerpiece at both ends of the floor, Geu averaged 17.4 points and 7.8 rebounds a game while shooting 57 percent from the floor and just shy of 80 percent from the foul line.

As a junior, Geu flashed rare talent. As a senior, his skills were on display every game.

“Once it all came together, it was pretty special to see,” said Washington coach Craig Nelson on Geu’s maturation as a player. “He was doing some things that not a lot of players in South Dakota have been able to do in a long, long time.”

Also on the 1st team is MSU Moorhead recruit Addison Park - SF Lincoln - 6' 8", 19 ppg, 8 rpg, 63% FG %

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/sioux-falls-tint-on-class-aa-allstate-team

North Side
04-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Does he have any highlight tapes?

BFKasper14
04-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Did we offer Addison Park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow
04-12-2015, 03:21 AM
Sorry to poke my head in, a few comments from an SDSU guy in Sioux Falls who has been a casual observer/fan of Geu and Park.

I'm super jealous and a little ticked off you guys got Deng. I think he will be good and maybe a bigger SDSU miss than Tvedt.

That being said, from all reports I've heard SDSU had backed off. I heard this long before he committed. The coaching staff believed other areas of the team were bigger needs. I don't agree with this, but it is what it is.

Park is a player that may have been able to contribute in the Summit League by his redshirt sophomore/junior year. I watched a bit of the NSIC this year, and many of their top tier players would fit right into Summit League rotations. IMO.

westnodak93bison
04-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Maybe the jacks backed off because they knew they had no chance? Happens all the time to most teams. No use wasting time chasing a kid that has no interest.

tjbison
04-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Sorry to poke my head in, a few comments from an SDSU guy in Sioux Falls who has been a casual observer/fan of Geu and Park.

I'm super jealous and a little ticked off you guys got Deng. I think he will be good and maybe a bigger SDSU miss than Tvedt.

That being said, from all reports I've heard SDSU had backed off. I heard this long before he committed. The coaching staff believed other areas of the team were bigger needs. I don't agree with this, but it is what it is.

Park is a player that may have been able to contribute in the Summit League by his redshirt sophomore/junior year. I watched a bit of the NSIC this year, and many of their top tier players would fit right into Summit League rotations. IMO.

he has family ties to Fargo, I thought I heard he wanted ndsu the whole time

Bison"FANatic"
04-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Wow Deng has a quick and large first step. Raw but his play oozes the word POTENTIAL

Bison"FANatic"
04-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Ouch Deng hits free throws all game then misses 3 free throws with under 5 seconds and game tied

wow
04-13-2015, 01:49 AM
Maybe the jacks backed off because they knew they had no chance? Happens all the time to most teams. No use wasting time chasing a kid that has no interest.

Edit: sorry i misread your post, my reply was dumb.

westnodak93bison
04-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Maybe. That is certainly the line on here anytime a football recruit chooses SDSU over NDSU...
I said it happens to ALL schools. If a recruit says they are committed else where why beat a dead horse.

Mr Meaty
09-30-2015, 09:00 PM
NDSU Basketball just tweeted out a video Deng Geu 39' vertical jump reaching at 11'. Nice but the question I have is that the new practice area in the SHAC? if so the ceiling looks low to me.

@NDSUmbb is the twitter name

roadwarrior
09-30-2015, 09:09 PM
NDSU Basketball just tweeted out a video Deng Geu 39' vertical jump reaching at 11'. Nice but the question I have is that the new practice area in the SHAC? if so the ceiling looks low to me.

No, that pic was taken in the "warehouse".

Mr Meaty
09-30-2015, 09:14 PM
ok, good..........Thank you

Bison"FANatic"
09-30-2015, 09:44 PM
POTENTIAL!!!!!

With the quick first step and that lift, My oh My.

I so hope we have the opportunity to redshirt him and let him refine his game a year before hitting the court.

Hammersmith
09-30-2015, 11:50 PM

The "warehouse" is looking a lot better than it used to. (no purple)

Still, I'm sure they're counting the days until the real practice facility is open for business.

Tony Almeida
09-30-2015, 11:51 PM

The new practice facility pic is just a few posts below the Deng video...by comparison, the ceiling in the new place does't look much higher, just by looking at the doors.

Anywho, Deng certainly passes the eye test...

Herd
10-01-2015, 01:51 AM
Does Deng redshirt in the coming 15-16 season? It seems like either Dylan or Deng are needed. It's hard to believe that Deng would be much behind Dylan in his development. That said, it would be great to reshirt Deng . . . and Dylan for that matter. If Deng could reach 215-220 Lb, he will be dominant. Could Trayvonn touch 11' 11" like Deng? Maybe so.

What is Wesenberg's position? He looks undersized for a big man.

westnodak93bison
10-01-2015, 02:26 AM
Someone told me Trayvonn could easily touch the top of the back board. Is that true?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
10-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Tray jumped with so much ease. Also got up in a hurry.

unbison
10-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Someone told me Trayvonn could easily touch the top of the back board. Is that true?

I heard he replaced the light bulbs in the bsa in a single bound

natstar1
10-01-2015, 03:11 AM

doubt it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Wiq-POmFA

westnodak93bison
10-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Trays vert is more than 40

99Bison
10-03-2015, 01:33 AM

I heard the same thing from reliable sources.

ndsubison1
10-03-2015, 05:16 AM
i doubt he could easily do it. that's pretty high up.

1998braves64
10-05-2015, 03:11 AM
I heard the same thing from reliable sources.

Saul claimed he saw him do it in practice on some random post game show.