HerdBoy
10-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Prediction. Kansas State 28 - OU 24.

BisonTeacher
10-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Gopher offense looks very familiar....

BisonTeacher
10-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Since the pick 6 got called back purdue makin goph defense look silly.

JDZ
10-18-2014, 07:22 PM
K-State OU is pretty interesting. OU missed a FG and PAT, and threw a pick6 and another pick in the end zone.

JDZ
10-18-2014, 07:26 PM
K-State should have this wrapped up, 31-30.

onbison09
10-18-2014, 07:27 PM
K-State OU is pretty interesting. OU missed a FG and PAT, and threw a pick6 and another pick in the end zone.
Missed a 19 harder to pull ahead. K-State wins. My oh my

HerdBoy
10-18-2014, 07:33 PM
West Virginia 34 - Baylor 27. 4th quarter.

HerdBoy
10-18-2014, 07:51 PM
West Virginia 41 - Baylor 27. 5 minutes left in the game.

HerdBoy
10-18-2014, 08:16 PM
West Virginia 41 - Baylor 27. Final score.

BisonTeacher
10-18-2014, 09:31 PM
A win is a win but im not sure beating purdue by 1 at tcf is the way the gophs thought that would go.

HerdBoy
10-19-2014, 12:42 AM
San Jose State 27 - WYO 20 OT.

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2014, 01:07 AM
fuck football

1998braves64
10-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Notre Dame taking it to Florida State up 14-7 with ball.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBoy
10-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Iowa State 28 - Texas 28. Halftime.

NDSUstudent
10-19-2014, 01:58 AM
So who will be next coach at Florida?

NDSUstudent
10-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Texas 38
Iowa State 38 4th quarter

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2014, 03:22 AM
NDSU would beat Texas.

Swoopes is either too ripe, not good enough, and hes slow.

Injuries on defense & cleaning house would make NDSU victorious. as sad as that is

BisonTeacher
10-19-2014, 03:36 AM
Does jameis winston need glasses?

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2014, 03:38 AM
suck on that Iowa St!

El_Chapo
10-19-2014, 03:41 AM
Wtf FSU. 4TH AND 18 ??

NDSUstudent
10-19-2014, 03:41 AM
NDSU would beat Texas.

Swoopes is either too ripe, not good enough, and hes slow.

Injuries on defense & cleaning house would make NDSU victorious. as sad as that is

Yeah, I agree NDSU would take them.

At least Iowa State is in their conference and on their schedule, another Cyclone defensive collapse tonight.

48-45 Texas wins.

NDSUstudent
10-19-2014, 03:48 AM
This FSU-ND game is crazy.

Wonder if that flag is thrown in South Bend? It was the right call though.

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2014, 03:48 AM
wow. A flag against ND??

crazy fucking ending.

NorthernBison
10-19-2014, 03:49 AM
Correct csll

bisonaudit
10-19-2014, 03:49 AM

he didn't give the official much of a choice.

onbison09
10-19-2014, 03:55 AM

Highly doubtful

1998braves64
10-19-2014, 03:59 AM
So if they had stayed at LOS would that play work? Sure looked like it was designed to have the two other wr block the defenders.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2014, 04:00 AM
good thing to always see ND lose..but damn, its hard to like FSU and Winston.

too bad both teams couldn't suffer defeat. better luck in 2035 irish. This first year of FBS playoffs is going to be a damned shit show. theyll be pining for 8 teams next offseason

BadlandsBison
10-19-2014, 04:01 AM
Umm not the right call. Never would be called in the NFL anyways

onbison09
10-19-2014, 04:18 AM
Where's Indy?

BisonTeacher
10-19-2014, 04:20 AM
Where's Indy?

Did i hear correctly that he was on "special" assignment today?

IndyBison
10-19-2014, 04:23 AM
Absolutely the right call. That would be a major downgrade if not called. That was about as easy as they get. If he had stayed at the line of scrimmage it would have been a legal block.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

344Johnson
10-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Best game I've seen since'03 Miami Ohio State. Heartbroken.... But wow. Really fun.

BadlandsBison
10-19-2014, 05:00 AM
I don't know the rules well and they may well be different than college. Green bay runs these down field block plays quite a bit with no calls. Eye of the beholder I suppose

IndyBison
10-19-2014, 05:23 AM
NFL and college rules are different. I'm not exactly sure of the NFL rule, but I think it's even more restrictive.

JMB
10-19-2014, 01:04 PM
I don't know the rules well and they may well be different than college. Green bay runs these down field block plays quite a bit with no calls. Eye of the beholder I suppose

That's because Green Bay are a bunch of cheaters.

Flintstone
10-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Absolutely the right call. That would be a major downgrade if not called. That was about as easy as they get. If he had stayed at the line of scrimmage it would have been a legal block.

Watch the replay again. The defender grabbed the receiver at the line and never let him go. Defensive holding would have actually been the correct call.

IndyBison
10-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Watch the replay again. The defender grabbed the receiver at the line and never let him go. Defensive holding would have actually been the correct call.

Incorrect. It was legally blocking in most cases. It's just not legal when you are an eligible receiver and blocking beyond the neutral zone on a legal forward pass beyond the neutral zone.

It would have been legal if he had stayed at the line of scrimmage or the receiver caught the pass in our behind the neutral zone. There is no gray area on this one. He was blocking as if it was a screen pass or running play.

NDSUstudent
10-21-2014, 12:16 AM
The internet reacts to the ND-FSU Offensive Pass interference Call....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZJmnDvfkM&feature=youtu.be

1998braves64
10-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Incorrect. It was legally blocking in most cases. It's just not legal when you are an eligible receiver and blocking beyond the neutral zone on a legal forward pass beyond the neutral zone.

It would have been legal if he had stayed at the line of scrimmage or the receiver caught the pass in our behind the neutral zone. There is no gray area on this one. He was blocking as if it was a screen pass or running play.

This was my take... I figured if they'd just engaged the defenders at LOS and not continued to push them into the endzone there would have been no call, that said FSU fans would have blown them up in that case anyways. Once I saw them pushing defenders into the end zone I knew they'd made the right call end of the game or not.

IndyBison
10-21-2014, 03:38 AM
It would have also been legal if the pass had been thrown to the other side of the field. Or the quarterback ended up running the ball.

Speculation is the receiver should have stayed behind the LOS so the blocking would have been legal.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

missingnumber7
10-21-2014, 03:21 PM
It would have also been legal if the pass had been thrown to the other side of the field. Or the quarterback ended up running the ball.

Speculation is the receiver should have stayed behind the LOS so the blocking would have been legal.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

It was funny because we had that exact same play on Saturday in the game our crew officiated.

They ran the play 3 times, the first 2 the WR caught the ball on a bubble screen, the last time he was in the endzone when he caught it, almost an exact replica of the ND play. And the coach came unglued on me the same way Kelly did.

IndyBison
10-21-2014, 05:03 PM
It was funny because we had that exact same play on Saturday in the game our crew officiated.

They ran the play 3 times, the first 2 the WR caught the ball on a bubble screen, the last time he was in the endzone when he caught it, almost an exact replica of the ND play. And the coach came unglued on me the same way Kelly did.

I think the coaches understand the basics of the rule, but they don't get into the details. I think they know the receivers can't block downfield on a pass that crosses the neutral zone, but he either feels his wasn't a block or it was designed to be caught in or behind the neutral zone. There was a very similar play run for their first TD, but the ball is caught much closer to the neutral zone and the "block" was much less obvious. That involved a couple close judgement calls by the officials and could have gone the other way. There is no doubt on this one. I still have a friend arguing with me that the blocks were initiated by the defense, the defenders didn't cover the receiver because they messed up and not because of the blocks, and the contact had no impact on the play. I've given up trying to explain all the different ways he is wrong. Fans of a team are always going to justify the play the way they want to see it. That's human nature.

344Johnson
10-21-2014, 05:09 PM
I won't justify the play. Receivers could have been a little less blatant. No one was going to be near that guy.

I don't think they would have called it on Florida State however.

1998braves64
10-21-2014, 05:40 PM
I won't justify the play. Receivers could have been a little less blatant. No one was going to be near that guy.

I don't think they would have called it on Florida State however.

In response to the defenders initiating with the receivers obviously they were, but it appeared that one of the blocked defenders was actually trying to get through to cover Robinson from the replay, and was first one looking for a flag from the refs. It didn't take much begging and there were 2 flags almost immediately so to think they wouldn't have called it on FSU isn't entirely true imo. I get on refs a lot for not calling crap/mistakes but I've never felt like they make a conscious effort to realize who they're penalizing/calling fouls on etc. If it matters to them to getting it right as Indy says then they will call it, they're not going to go "oh s*** I'm playing at Doak Campbell Stadium I better not flag Florida State because fans will get on our case." I think fans/fans reactions can cause the refs to focus more on any particular issue that seems to be occurring so that you somewhat get a "makeup" call, but again don't think they make an effort to state that the next call I'm going to get them good so these fans get off my back type call. Otherwise you'd have extremely crappy reffing for all college games if that was the case.

Stated before whether they called it or not called it refs would have received grief. I think they made the correct call based on my knowledge of rules (which is probably 25% of Indy's) and Indy's response, and I'm a blatant bandwagon fan of Notre Dame and have no reason to cheer for FSU.

missingnumber7
10-21-2014, 05:53 PM
I think the coaches understand the basics of the rule, but they don't get into the details. I think they know the receivers can't block downfield on a pass that crosses the neutral zone, but he either feels his wasn't a block or it was designed to be caught in or behind the neutral zone. There was a very similar play run for their first TD, but the ball is caught much closer to the neutral zone and the "block" was much less obvious. That involved a couple close judgement calls by the officials and could have gone the other way. There is no doubt on this one. I still have a friend arguing with me that the blocks were initiated by the defense, the defenders didn't cover the receiver because they messed up and not because of the blocks, and the contact had no impact on the play. I've given up trying to explain all the different ways he is wrong. Fans of a team are always going to justify the play the way they want to see it. That's human nature.

There is always the issue that coaches argue about thats not how we designed that play. But you run into the design vs execution. All it takes is a coach in a meeting telling a WR, what we want you to do is block this guy from having access to that guy. From day 1 he might have been taught not to make contact, or just to run into or bump him, but after that conversation in a meeting he has interpreted that the coach wants him to block...thus making any pass caught forward of the LOS illegal.

On the FSU/ND play, I can see the argument for defensive holding, however, I also never saw the offensive player never tried to move past the initial contact. I am very interested to see the media video this week and the video next week.