PDA

View Full Version : Summit League TV Schdule

NDSUstudent
10-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Lots of Midco and ESPN3 games this year...It is kind of sad that the Summit blows the MVFC away when it comes to TV...

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/mbkb/2014-15/releases/20141013lm6gmn

HoopsBison
10-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Awesome news for the SL, they have done a great job getting games on TV. As for the MVFC they have zero excuses for the piss poor job they do getting games on TV, its really rather embarrassing and something that needs to change.

THEsocalledfan
10-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Awesome news for the SL, they have done a great job getting games on TV. As for the MVFC they have zero excuses for the piss poor job they do getting games on TV, its really rather embarrassing and something that needs to change.

Is there any chance the MVFC if running into resistance from individual members in getting a better TV deal? It blows my mind that UNI game appears to have no regional coverage, not even ESPN3! Yes, I know that UNI controls the rights, but the MVFC needs to find a way to assure all premier games have distribution for the masses.

Tatanka
10-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Is there any chance the MVFC if running into resistance from individual members in getting a better TV deal? It blows my mind that UNI game appears to have no regional coverage, not even ESPN3! Yes, I know that UNI controls the rights, but the MVFC needs to find a way to assure all premier games have distribution for the masses.

Not all the mvfc schools see the light when it comes to exposure. They're still operating as if televised games hurt ticket sales.

IBleedYellow
10-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Damn that's pretty good coverage for The Summit! I actually like ESPN3 quite a bit when you have access to the WatchESPN app + a Chromecast or roku, etc. Yes it's "streaming" but being able to put those on your television removes the issues I really had with streaming, personally.

NDSUguy
10-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Damn that's pretty good coverage for The Summit! I actually like ESPN3 quite a bit when you have access to the WatchESPN app + a Chromecast or roku, etc. Yes it's "streaming" but being able to put those on your television removes the issues I really had with streaming, personally.

Couldn't agree more. Just watched my first game on ESPN3 last Saturday and the experience was AWESOME!!! Now i'll be able to watch NDSU basketball from my home. Nice work Summit League!