PDA

View Full Version : CB need to stay sharp

Bison_Dan
09-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I was at the game on Saturday and for the first 3 quarters I was pissed. *Here we are kicking the hell out of Ball State in every phase of the game but we're behind on the score board. *Ball state scores on pass plays where the receiver gets behind our DB's! *:'( * They didn't have a drive all game and we let them off the hook. *You take 4 or 5 of those plays away and they have a hard time scoring. *I still can't understand how they got behind our guys by 10 YARDS, a high school qb could have gotten them the ball. *I know they have good receivers but man we have to plug that hole. *I know the coaches will be working with the DB's to correct the problem it just surprised me that it happened at all. *Great game by the BISON. * ;D ;D

Bison13
09-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I know some of the CB bit hard on the pump fake, which got the reciever behind them by a mile, they will get it fixed!

Bisonguy
09-26-2006, 06:56 PM
I know some of the CB bit hard on the pump fake, which got the reciever behind them by a mile, they will get it fixed!

Yes, and one was the fault of one of the safeties.

Former_Hitman
09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I was at the game on Saturday and for the first 3 quarters I was pissed. *Here we are kicking the hell out of Ball State in every phase of the game but we're behind on the score board. *Ball state scores on pass plays where the receiver gets behind our DB's! *:'( * They didn't have a drive all game and we let them off the hook. *You take 4 or 5 of those plays away and they have a hard time scoring. *I still can't understand how they got behind our guys by 10 YARDS, a high school qb could have gotten them the ball. *I know they have good receivers but man we have to plug that hole. *I know the coaches will be working with the DB's to correct the problem it just surprised me that it happened at all. *Great game by the BISON. * ;D ;D

As a former CB/SS corrections will be made, however keep in mind football is all about big plays....you can take a few away from NDSU, also.

All DB's need a short memory or things can get worse....

broke_back_mnt
09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
In the first half I thought their big play potential was going to do us in, along with a couple of BISON errors. The Hail Mary and solid play in the second half, including a few big plays of our own, put us in a position to win. That game went the whole sixty minutes. That was one of the big reasons I wanted to move up. Even if we had lost it would have been better than another NCC yawner.