PDA

View Full Version : BALL STATE SATELLITE!!!!   HELL YEA!!

lakesbison
09-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Talks are ALMOST complete for Ball State-NDSU satellite in Fargo... either at Playmakers or OB Sports Grill.

This was mentioned by Pat Simmers at Teammakers today!!

Wherever they have it at, MAKE SURE YOU GET THERE AND PARTY!!

Show these bars that NDSU GAMES are money makers!!! so we can eventually have EVERY away game on satellite!!

lakesbison
09-21-2006, 09:03 PM
guess no one cares!! >:( grrrr they'd rather waste my freakin time posting about freakin und.... unbelieveable...

SDbison
09-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Could I get the satellite coordinates to view the game at a sports bar in Sioux Falls?

bisoningrandforks
09-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Lakes!! We do care!!!!! Since you mentioned satellite...Remeber the places around the country that carried the bison/sewage game. sliders bar & grill in fort collins was one of them. Would they show any bison games, or any where else. I finally have a weekend off!! Do I need to call them?....thxs!

lakesbison
09-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Pat Simmers & Teammakers said they would announce it TODAY.. He said that AT the luncheon.

Thanks guys for caring!!! AHHHHHHHHHH *HUGS!!!

Bisonguy
09-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I would think there would be something on the Team Makers listserv as soon as it's known.

RedRiver
09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I think that is great news, if it happens I'll be there. This is a huge game for the Bison football program and it would be great if it is on TV locally.

lakesbison
09-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Wont be on LOCAL TV>. LOCAL TV EXEC"S are TOO CHEAP TO PURCHASE THAT!

Pat told me the game is going to be video streamed to Sidestreet Grill & Pub, no satellite feed as far as I know. You may be able to pick it up on the Ball State web site.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THERE YOU GO!! ^^^^^^^^^^

See you at SIDESTREET!! LETS PARTY!!!

BisBison
09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
guess no one cares!! *>:( grrrr *they'd rather waste my freakin time posting about freakin und.... *unbelieveable...

Hey lakes, I care, I just work during the day and can't access Bisonville from my desk computer. Great News, I subscribed to the webcast from Ball State, but would much rather watch at a local sports bar. If I could get where the cooridinates I could tell a sports bar around here where to get them and round up the local Bison fans.

mikelsch
09-21-2006, 10:40 PM

Pat told me the game is going to be video streamed to Sidestreet Grill & Pub, no satellite feed as far as I know. *You may be able to pick it up on the Ball State web site.

Great idea to webcast the game at a local bar. Hopefully it will show up well on a big screen, and sinc up nicely with the WDAY radio broadcast. If the video stream has poor resolution, it won't be very useful.

TransAmBison
09-21-2006, 11:31 PM
So, is it going to be at Playmaker's?

jzillmer
09-21-2006, 11:54 PM

Pat told me the game is going to be video streamed to Sidestreet Grill & Pub, no satellite feed as far as I know. *You may be able to pick it up on the Ball State web site.

I Love it!!!! I get to come back to Fargo for one weekend, and the BISON are on the big screen at the Sidestreet. I'm there!!!!

lakesbison
09-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Sidestreet is all I've heard so far.

Sidestreet is the NDSU Teammakers afterhours spot.. so lets give them our attention... they deserve it...

But, I don't know WHY playmakers, ob grill, hagee's in mapleton, casey's in Breckenridge... Playtime in Perham.. etc etc.. cant get the feed as well??

maybe its ONLY via Video.... and not "traditional" satellite.

Trimmy
09-22-2006, 03:44 AM
lakes...

Is Sidestreet a definite?
I would love to go, but I signed up for the Webcast at home, so I don't want to go there and be denied. I guess I could go real early and make sure it's going to happen, leaving myself plenty of time to get home.

Anyways, I think it is a great idea. Get Bison fans together, it would be a great time, and show a local establishment a potential money-maker.

BismarckBison
09-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Sidestreet Pub?
Where is that located at?

imabison
09-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Sidestreet Pub?
Where is that located at?

Formerly the Town House in Fargo. Just north of the Civic Center downtown off 2nd street. Now its the Howard Johnson, and Isabellas Italian Restraunt is in the building.

broke_back_mnt
09-22-2006, 09:12 PM
I think they can all get the feed Lakes. *If theres a crowd at each joint they will put it up, I would if I owned it. *Ill be listening to the game at Merit Care North Broadway with one of the greatest BISON fans of all time! * :)

lakesbison
09-22-2006, 09:41 PM
NO NO.. its VIDEO STREAM... not a satellite Feed... so i think Sidestreet is the only place!!!

see you guys there.. hopefully word gets around campus.. someone with the students spread it.

mikelsch
09-22-2006, 09:51 PM
I just called SideStreet...they are for sure showing the game. They also host TeamMakers after hours and are big Bison supporters. Should be great if the webfeed cooperates.

Bisonguy
09-22-2006, 10:06 PM
I just called SideStreet...they are for sure showing the game. *They also host TeamMakers after hours and are big Bison supporters. *Should be great if the webfeed cooperates. * *

That's what my Team Makers email said today. :)

bisonreader
09-22-2006, 11:57 PM
why not get the game over the internet and plug a computer into the big screen so everyone can watch it? If someone subscribed to the web cast and had a laptop that had a video and audio feed out, they could easily make it watchable over the tv.

99Bison
09-23-2006, 01:13 AM
why not get the game over the internet and plug a computer into the big screen so everyone can watch it? If someone subscribed to the web cast and had a laptop that had a video and audio feed out, they could easily make it watchable over the tv.

That's probably what sidestreet is doing...

The problem with other places doing it too is that each place would cut down the bandwidth and performance coming from the host... Even with 2-5 more sites it could potentially ruin it for everyone... Now if they had more hightech stuff like IP multicasting, etc, etc, great, but I doubt that is happening.

Someone could proxy it and host for more availability to webcasts on a honkin bandwidth and equipment location, of course there would be more delay, but if you are not listening to the radio at the same time you wouldn't notice.

Really though, some day in the hopefully not to distant future IP multicasting and IP TV will make things like this much easier and cheaper technology wise to do.

sambini
09-23-2006, 01:30 AM

The problem with other places doing it too is that each place would cut down the bandwidth and performance coming from the host... Even with 2-5 more sites it could potentially ruin it for everyone... Now if they had more hightech stuff like IP multicasting, etc, etc, great, but I doubt that is happening.

Someone could proxy it and host for more availability to webcasts on a honkin bandwidth and equipment location, of course there would be more delay, but if you are not listening to the radio at the same time you wouldn't notice.

Really though, some day in the hopefully not to distant future IP multicasting and IP TV will make things like this much easier and cheaper technology wise to do.
WERE GOING TO WATCH IT AT OUR WORKPLACE. LOTS OF BUD SELECT++++++++++++

bisonreader
09-23-2006, 01:43 AM

too bad that it cant be put in the paper or something and tell everyone who wants to see the game can go to one or two bars that would host the game. that way the bandwidth wouldn't get over loaded.

kchats
09-23-2006, 04:32 AM
Saturday’s football game between the Bison and Ball State will be broadcast at the Side Street Grill & Pub, 301 3rd Ave N in Fargo. Kick-off is scheduled for 5:30. Join fellow fans and cheer the Bison on.

GO BISON!

Won't matter what your bandwidth capablilty is if the stream isn't sent at a higher transmission (streaming) speed. Currently they are broadcasting on GoBison.com All Access at 300 kbps or less so far this season. I have been told they are looking into the streaming speed issue, since they streamed at nearly 600 kbps last season.

bincitysioux
09-23-2006, 04:35 AM

That's rice beer! >:( Support your ND Barley growers and drink MILLER LITE!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)

kchats
09-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Isn't Budweiser the only remaining large brewery still owned by Americans? Support your country. ;)

DIBISON
09-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Isn't this great, being able to watch the Bison and DI Ball St!!

99Bison
09-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Saturday’s football game between the Bison and Ball State will be broadcast at the Side Street Grill & Pub, 301 3rd Ave N in Fargo. Kick-off is scheduled for 5:30. Join fellow fans and cheer the Bison on.

GO BISON!

Won't matter what your bandwidth capablilty is if the stream isn't sent at a higher transmission (streaming) speed. Currently they are broadcasting on GoBison.com All Access at 300 kbps or less so far this season. I have been told they are looking into the streaming speed issue, since they streamed at nearly 600 kbps last season.

True, but still 4 people at 300 kbs uses up a T1. To support those same at 600kbs you would use up 2 T1's. Hence probably why whomever is controlling the speed is limiting all access to 300 this year.

99Bison
09-23-2006, 05:24 AM

So is it a web stream? Or where is the mysterious work place?

99Bison
09-23-2006, 05:25 AM

too bad that it cant be put in the paper or something and tell everyone who wants to see the game can go to one or two bars that would host the game. that way the bandwidth wouldn't get over loaded.

Yeah, need some more hype from media on this one.

99Bison
09-23-2006, 05:25 AM
ok done hijacking the thread ;D

lakesbison
09-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Screw Miller Lite.. thats PACKER/WISCONSIN BEER!!

EWW

NDSU.. already BEAT Wisconsin in a LEGITIMATE WORLDWIDE SPORT of BASKETBALL......

I sure as hell won't drink their beer!!

GO BISON.. see u at sidestreet!!

sambini
09-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Drink Budweiser Select proud sponsors of NDSU TEAMAKERS. ++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
09-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Bud uses tons of North Dakota barley. Go to Spiritwood or West Fargo and have a look at the huge Budweiser barley storage facilities.

sambini
09-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Also in Moorhead the malting plant.

sambini
09-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks to Cadilac for setting it up today. Our tailgating group is getting together.

Trimmy
09-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Did anyone go to this? I had a blast. Once they got it working, it looked good. That was a class act of the owner to buy the entire bar (lots of people) a free round when it wasn't working right away.

BisonCountry
09-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Definitely a great time....

The crowds reaction on the hail mary and Travis White's 39 yard TD was classic.

Herd_Mentality
09-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Did anyone go to this? *I had a blast. *Once they got it working, it looked good. *That was a class act of the owner to buy the entire bar (lots of people) a free round when it wasn't working right away.

Since when did they buy the entire bar a round? In my opinion, the SideStreet dropped the ball yesterday on a huge opportunity by not making sure they could broadcast the game throughout the bar until 5 minutes before kickoff.

Great crowd out yesterday. Got a kick out of somebody at our table telling Miles that this would be nothing once he got his bid into the big dance.

HIGH SNAP!

sambini
09-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Again thanks Cad for setting this up. We did this at our companys meeting room. We had no problem with the feed. I heard they did at Sidestreet. But we had a lot of our tailgating group of 30 or so there. Fun was had by all.

Till
09-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, one of the managers came around and took drink orders on the house since they felt so bad it wasn't working.

I think he also said something that it was sort of short notice that they were going to show the game. He said that they hadn't had time to wire the place up properly.

From the amount of customers they had last night you would like to think this is going to send a message to other sports bars in town. Show the Bison games and the customers will come.

imabison
09-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, one of the managers came around and took drink orders on the house since they felt so bad it wasn't working.

I think he also said something that it was sort of short notice that they were going to show the game. He said that they hadn't had time to wire the place up properly.

From the amount of customers they had last night you would like to think this is going to send a message to other sports bars in town. Show the Bison games and the customers will come.

I think the Side Street did a commendable job last night. They could have used more servers, but the servers there did an awesome job considering the crowd.

I was told that they did not have enough signal to feed all the TV's and that next game would be in the party room with a 120" TV. I am not sold that it would be a better fit. The bar was awesome last night.

They probably need to go to the head end of the building and feed the tv's in the bar with the signal from there. Yes, they may need to amplify the signal a bit, but thats not that hard to do.

I commend the managers customer service decision to buy the house a round, and not let the situation fall apart.

lakesbison
09-25-2006, 02:22 PM
HELL YEA>. the SIDESTREET ROCKED>....

and WHY did it rock??

Because all of us bison gathered together and celebrated together!!

I wouldve had fun with 300-400 people under the 2nd st bridge as long as that BALL STATE game was on 1 tv....

soo.. thanks for everyone who went,... I had a blast!!

Tim Miles being interviewed on Fox Tv at the sidestreet was hilarious!!

thanks foxtv for coming out!

sambini
09-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Those folks at FOX ROCK+++++++++++

TransAmBison
09-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Could not believe the size of the crowd at the Sidestreet. The pool table made quite a good seat, actually. Glad to actually have a seat, and the free drink didn't hurt either.

Trimmy
09-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey, I was sitting on a pool table most of the game too. The second table back, front right as looking at the TV, with my feet on the chair. You weren't the guy standing next to me who then moved up to the front table, were you? We exchanged pleasantries and high fived when Jangula dove in for the touchdown, you were giving directions to someone on how to get there. Well, whoever that guy was standing next to me, seemed like a good guy. Whenever I go to a Bison function where mostly it's hardcores, I want to ask everyone I meet if they hang out on Bisonville.