PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State

tony
10-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Indiana State's QB, Mike Perish, was out for the Illinois State game but will be back for NDSU. Despite playing a freshman QB, ISU-Blue had a great shot at beating ISU-Red (They took the lead with 73 seconds left and then squib kicked into one ISU-Red's guys who ended up witht the ball on the 50.) ISU-Blue is last in the conference in rushing offense so being able to pass will be important to them.

On defense, the Trees have an Underwood (Connor, who is not to be confused with his brother.) He has 7 sacks and 12.5 TFL already this year. Their rush defense is supposedly suspect but their pass defense is stout.

Indiana State takes care of the ball and forces a lot of turnovers.

westnodak93bison
10-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Being one dimensional won't bode well against the Bison.

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Being one dimensional won't bode well against the Bison.

Agree

I think this is a good match up for the Bison.

ZHerd
10-12-2014, 02:18 PM
It just amazes me how fast ISU-b turned things around. They were absolutely horrible last year and now to be tough this suddenly...Pretty impressive

EC8CH
10-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Limit turn overs, run the ball, beat the Trees.

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2014, 02:32 PM
It just amazes me how fast ISU-b turned things around. They were absolutely horrible last year and now to be tough this suddenly...Pretty impressive

QB was out last year and they had a ton of injuries.

1bizon1
10-12-2014, 02:40 PM
http://www.sycamorepride.com/forumdisplay.php?26-Sycamore-Football

MNLonghorn10
10-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Ill try to have my score prediction later on today after I review game film on both teams

bisonmike2
10-12-2014, 03:16 PM
I can't see the word Indiana and not think In Diana. As in "In Diana Jones and the Temple of Poon."

Bison 4 Life
10-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I was worried after Western Illinois, I'm absolutely a believer now after yesterday. While not perfect, they are better than we give them credit for.

ZHerd
10-12-2014, 03:58 PM
I was worried after Western Illinois, I'm absolutely a believer now after yesterday. While not perfect, they are better than we give them credit for.

They are excellent but lacking the 2013 consistency which is no shocker

HerdBot
10-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Indiana State is a heck of a team. Can't wait. Before the season started i was expecting a snoozer but should be a great game.

Bison 4 Life
10-12-2014, 04:04 PM
They are excellent but lacking the 2013 consistency which is no shocker

Yes, we need to put 2013 out of our minds. They were the best ever, not going to come close to that.

Christopher Moen
10-12-2014, 04:10 PM
If they practice the rest of the year like they did last week and don't take anyone lightly, I predict good things to come. Whatever was bothering them since the Iowa State game, their preparation seemed to help them get past it yesterday against a very tough team.

ZHerd
10-12-2014, 04:12 PM
http://www.wearecentralpa.com/story/d/story/in-the-fcs-huddle-its-changed-quickly/81288/i-NBGzLtWk-jx8ZEdJmTUg

*"Ten second-half points. That's all No. 1 North Dakota State's amazing defense has allowed in its 6-0 start. A week after needing to rally past Western Illinois, the Bison throttled high-scoring Southern Illinois, 38-10, for their FCS-record 30th straight win - surrendering just a field goal in the second half. Nobody can solve the Bison defense. The Bison have the best program in the FCS hands down."

Christopher Moen
10-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Indiana State's QB, Mike Perish, was out for the Illinois State game but will be back for NDSU. Despite playing a freshman QB, ISU-Blue had a great shot at beating ISU-Red (They took the lead with 73 seconds left and then squib kicked into one ISU-Red's guys who ended up witht the ball on the 50.) ISU-Blue is last in the conference in rushing offense so being able to pass will be important to them.

On defense, the Trees have an Underwood (Connor, who is not to be confused with his brother.) He has 7 sacks and 12.5 TFL already this year. Their rush defense is supposedly suspect but their pass defense is stout.

Indiana State takes care of the ball and forces a lot of turnovers.

I watched the end of that game and was surprised at the coaching decisions when it came to the 2-point conversion (low probability outcome) and kick-off (high risk). With that said, they played well against a MVFC team that had literally destroyed all of their previous opponents, including the Jackrabbits.

Hope NDSU remembers what happened two years ago against this team and don't take them lightly.

Christopher Moen
10-12-2014, 04:17 PM
http://www.wearecentralpa.com/story/d/story/in-the-fcs-huddle-its-changed-quickly/81288/i-NBGzLtWk-jx8ZEdJmTUg

*"Ten second-half points. That's all No. 1 North Dakota State's amazing defense has allowed in its 6-0 start. A week after needing to rally past Western Illinois, the Bison throttled high-scoring Southern Illinois, 38-10, for their FCS-record 30th straight win - surrendering just a field goal in the second half. Nobody can solve the Bison defense. The Bison have the best program in the FCS hands down."

It's hard to solve something that solves you first.

scottietohottie
10-12-2014, 06:28 PM
I hate blue trees.

ZHerd
10-12-2014, 06:33 PM
I hate blue trees.

Stinking GMO's

Tatanka
10-12-2014, 06:48 PM
trees, meet chipper-shredder.

bisonaudit
10-12-2014, 07:00 PM
I watched the end of that game and was surprised at the coaching decisions when it came to the 2-point conversion (low probability outcome) and kick-off (high risk). With that said, they played well against a MVFC team that had literally destroyed all of their previous opponents, including the Jackrabbits.

Hope NDSU remembers what happened two years ago against this team and don't take them lightly.

Just looking at the box score, not sure what the onside kick was about when they were ahead with a minute to play but the PAT2s look like they made sense.

A1pigskin
10-12-2014, 10:11 PM
I think the Bison corners are going to get a work out.

DM05
10-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Just looking at the box score, not sure what the onside kick was about when they were ahead with a minute to play but the PAT2s look like they made sense.

Watched the end of it on ESPN3: it wasn't an onside kick. The announcer's were wondering before the kickoff if they would kick it deep to the ISU-red return man. They tried a squib kick, but it drilled the up-man and dropped right in front of him. He jumped on it at midfield. It was more of a fluke that it happened the way it did. Kicking it out of bounds would've even been better.

A1pigskin
10-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Watched the end of it on ESPN3: it wasn't an onside kick. The announcer's were wondering before the kickoff if they would kick it deep to the ISU-red return man. They tried a squib kick, but it drilled the up-man and dropped right in front of him. He jumped on it at midfield. It was more of a fluke that it happened the way it did. Kicking it out of bounds would've even been better.

After the fact, yes. But should have kicked it deep and make them earn it.

DM05
10-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Agreed. Just pointing out that, other than a long return for a touchdown, it was about the worst thing that could've happened to ISU-blue.

A1pigskin
10-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Agreed. Just pointing out that, other than a long return for a touchdown, it was about the worst thing that could've happened to ISU-blue.

for sure...

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Indiana State Sycamores 52

ndsu 10

Bisonfan1
10-13-2014, 07:08 PM

ndsu 10

Thank you for posting this, takes the pressure off the entire rest of the week :D

IBleedYellow
10-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Indiana State hasn't scored an offensive touchdown against the Bison in our past two games. Two pick sixes a kickoff return and two field goals.

Yet we lost once to them.

Wally
10-13-2014, 10:32 PM
2 years ago on this date, I didn't get to see hardly any of the ISU-B game due to a wedding. We all know what happened. On Saturday, I am supposed to go to another wedding and I won't be able to see much of the game. Deja vu all over again. Obviously, my schedule had no bearing on the game 2 years ago, but this coincidence is both startling and rather annoying. Annoying, because I still have friends that feel the need to schedule weddings in the fall.

BisBison
10-13-2014, 10:35 PM
2 years ago on this date, I didn't get to see hardly any of the ISU-B game due to a wedding. We all know what happened. On Saturday, I am supposed to go to another wedding and I won't be able to see much of the game. Deja vu all over again. Obviously, my schedule had no bearing on the game 2 years ago, but this coincidence is both startling and rather annoying. Annoying, because I still have friends that feel the need to schedule weddings in the fall.
We live in a deterministic society. You determine your actions. They will forgive you.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-13-2014, 10:58 PM
I don't know if anybody posted this, but our last lost was against Indiana State in the dome.

56BISON73
10-13-2014, 11:07 PM

Are you sure they are friends? :biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
10-13-2014, 11:32 PM
I miss opposing teams fans coming and telling us how they are going to win and blah blah blah. Even opposing teams fan bases have given up and no longer come and tell us how bad we are. 3 championships and 30 wins in a row will do that I guess.

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2014, 11:33 PM
I miss opposing teams fans coming and telling us how they are going to win and blah blah blah. Even opposing teams fan bases have given up and no longer come and tell us how bad we are. 3 championships and 30 wins in a row will do that I guess.

The good 'ol days. *sigh*

JSUBison
10-13-2014, 11:34 PM
I don't know if anybody posted this, but our last lost was against Indiana State in the dome.

Thanks for the tip.

BisonHorns
10-14-2014, 01:15 AM
Playoffs bring the trash talk. Paladins were sure we had never seen speed. Coastal and New Hampshire had amazing passing games the Bison wouldn't know how to handle. P.s. I think coastal will be back this year.

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2014, 01:51 AM
Playoffs bring the trash talk. Paladins were sure we had never seen speed. Coastal and New Hampshire had amazing passing games the Bison wouldn't know how to handle. P.s. I think coastal will be back this year.

Kansas state was the best. Don't think we will hear a rustling of leaves from the sycamores.

NDSUstudent
10-14-2014, 02:11 AM

None of them could hold a candle to GSU...I miss those guys.

TAILG8R
10-14-2014, 02:15 AM
None of them could hold a candle to GSU...I miss those guys.

I don't know. The first couple years of UNI fans was entertaining. Gotta earn it!

tony
10-14-2014, 02:20 AM
I don't know. The first couple years of UNI fans was entertaining. Gotta earn it!

Except for the part where our boys got waxed. I thought Cap'n Cat was hilarious though. "Gotta Earn It?" Not so much.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/member.php?3102-Gotta-Earn-It

Like Jack Burton always says:

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

NDSUstudent
10-14-2014, 02:22 AM

Ah yes, gotta earn it and that hippy guy. Too bad they have long since vanished.

TAILG8R
10-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Except for the part where our boys got waxed. I thought Cap'n Cat was hilarious though. GottaEarnit? Not so much.

But the eventual quieting and then complete disappearance of UNI fans when they realized NDSU truly was a program to be reckoned with was priceless.

17>1
10-14-2014, 04:36 AM

ndsu 10

Hmmm, very early in the week to see another one of your bold predictions. Are you sure you can't wait a few more days to think things thru? Sure, the Bison could allow ISU to score 52 points, but to say our offense will only score 10 points is the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here lately.*

*There are words that should be purple.

cbline
10-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Reminds me of my dear departed father. He NEVER forgave a neighbor for getting married during the Notre Dame - Michigan State 10-10 "Game of the Century" tie in 1966.

westnodak93bison
10-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Who gets married during football or hunting seasons? Just so inconsiderate:rolleyes:.

MNLonghorn10
10-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Hmmm, very early in the week to see another one of your bold predictions. Are you sure you can't wait a few more days to think things thru? Sure, the Bison could allow ISU to score 52 points, but to say our offense will only score 10 points is the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here lately.*

*There are words that should be purple.

How many did they score the last time isub came to the dome?

Nopurple

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

NWNDBison
10-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Who gets married during football or hunting seasons? Just so inconsiderate:rolleyes:.

I have considerate friends who are getting married this Friday night. I'm thinking it's because they don't want to miss the Bison game on Saturday! What other considerations could there possibly be?

344Johnson
10-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Reminds me of my dear departed father. He NEVER forgave a neighbor for getting married during the Notre Dame - Michigan State 10-10 "Game of the Century" tie in 1966.

Nor should he have.

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2014, 01:53 PM

Not my daughter...

JMB
10-14-2014, 02:10 PM

Skip it... Statistics say it only 50-50 chance of working out anyways. Sagarin you have better odds with NDSU

Of course I will be out on vacation with my two boys that weekend and probably won't be able to watch the game either...

runtheoption
10-14-2014, 02:35 PM
I don't know if anybody posted this, but our last lost was against Indiana State in the dome.I remember that game. That was the time Feeney faked the pitch on the option, their DE hit him and spun him around, and Feeney ran the wrong direction, with ISU-B getting a safety. Also, that was when Chuck Klabo missed a 56 yard FG, and their deep man returned it for a 108 yard TD.

Tatanka
10-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I remember that game. That was the time Feeney faked the pitch on the option, their DE hit him and spun him around, and Feeney ran the wrong direction, with ISU-B getting a safety. Also, that was when Chuck Klabo missed a 56 yard FG, and their deep man returned it for a 108 yard TD.

Is that the game that Shaman Washington took a knee in the wrong end zone?

runtheoption
10-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Is that the game that Shaman Washington took a knee in the wrong end zone?Yep, things really went downhill fast that game. Even with all those things, Coach Inniger kept us in the game.

cbline
10-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Yep, things really went downhill fast that game. Even with all those things, Coach Inniger kept us in the game.

Luckily Ashley Tinglestad didn't drop the baton at the 10 yard line on the 4 x 400 relay! That would have been disastrous!!!

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Is that the game that Shaman Washington took a knee in the wrong end zone?

no, that's when Kyle Kelley missed 4 FGs.

Bison"FANatic"
10-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Coach Inniger kept us in the game.

:facepalm::facepalm: If you paid attention you would have seen that it was all Bucky that was getting it done. Inniger kept wanting to go for two. Something about 2 points at a time gets it done but Bucky was yelling finish them and was trying to end the game before time actually ran out. I had never heard of it must be some obscure rule. I guess the team didn't listen to either.

runtheoption
10-14-2014, 03:03 PM
no, that's when Kyle Kelley missed 4 FGs.Not his fault. Amy Anderson should know better...LACES OUT!!

TransAmBison
10-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Was this the game ez got arrested at?

coloradobison
10-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Indiana ran for 455 yards against ISU-b in the opener, wow.

17>1
10-14-2014, 03:42 PM
How many did they score the last time isub came to the dome?

Nopurple

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Good point sir. However, different team, different year. Are you including Brock's touchdowns he threw to the other team?

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Put this in the Carson thread but should have put it here.

@FGOSPORTSWRITER: Indiana State is averaging 86 rushing yards per game, which doesn't bode well in the matchup with NDSU defense.

coloradobison
10-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Put this in the Carson thread but should have put it here.

@FGOSPORTSWRITER: Indiana State is averaging 86 rushing yards per game, which doesn't bode well in the matchup with NDSU defense.

2.9 yards a carry also I think it was, so its not like they aren't trying to run the ball. avg 2.9 and 2.2 yards a carry against UNI and ISU-r

bigdaddykane
10-14-2014, 05:05 PM
ndsu 42 ISU 0 :biggrin:

Bisonator98
10-14-2014, 05:07 PM

It's Indiana State not Iowa State. They score at least 3.

westnodak93bison
10-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Not good enough

ZHerd
10-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Indiana ran for 455 yards against ISU-b in the opener, wow.

Yes but Indiana's RB is wow

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Yes but Indiana's RB is wow

so are ours.

ZHerd
10-14-2014, 05:51 PM
so are ours.

No ours are very good, Tevin Coleman is wow

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2014, 05:57 PM

Haven't seen him because I don't care one bit. Ours play every Saturday, I'm rather busy watching them.

Mesabison
10-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Coleman is good but he isn't near the rb West is. We contained West, we will contain Coleman.
Bison roll

tolnabison
10-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Coleman is good but he isn't near the rb West is. We contained West, we will contain Coleman.
Bison roll
Coleman plays for the University of Indiana. He ran for like 250+ on Indiana St.

Bisonator98
10-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Coleman plays for the University of Indiana. He ran for like 250+ on Indiana St.

I could have ran for 250+ thru some of those holes his line opened up. He was untouched for the most part. Not saying he isn't a very good back because he is but we have good backs too.

870XPRS
10-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Not his fault. Amy Anderson should know better...LACES OUT!!

Here is the boxscore....Indiana State Boxscore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Threet)

Christopher Moen
10-14-2014, 07:39 PM

The second two-point conversion was a fade pass to the back of the end-zone where no Indiana State receivers were within the vicinity to make the catch.

Christopher Moen
10-14-2014, 07:41 PM

I would say our two #2 RB's are very good, but our #1 RB is beyond wow. There's a reason why they're stacking the box.

17>1
10-14-2014, 07:44 PM
No disrespect to ISU-blue, but if the Bison continue on with this trying to win each play thing which is a genius move by coach K and his staff, I don't see this one being close. A one dimensional team doesn't stand a chance against our D.

THEsocalledfan
10-14-2014, 08:47 PM
I just did a bit of interweb searching, but can't find what became of Shakir Bell after his dismissal/quitting (can't remember which) last year. He was a hell of good player.

Bison Bridge Guy
10-14-2014, 09:31 PM
I just did a bit of interweb searching, but can't find what became of Shakir Bell after his dismissal/quitting (can't remember which) last year. He was a hell of good player.

I was wondering if he made an NFL or CFL roster or stayed in school or what. Apparently you didn't find anything?

Vet70
10-14-2014, 09:37 PM
He is living in Indianapolis and is a client of Worldwide Career Management, still hoping to play football.

FFBison
10-14-2014, 11:31 PM

Not Eastern Washington fans...

IndyBison
10-15-2014, 12:42 AM

He would be a serious Heisman candidate if he were on a better team. He still may get some consideration.

ZHerd
10-15-2014, 01:21 AM
He would be a serious Heisman candidate if he were on a better team. He still may get some consideration.

As of now he should be. Last I saw over 1,000yards 12TD and over 7 ypc. We won't run for over 400 yards like Indiana did but we will do a bunch of other things better than they did. I'm not expecting a nail biter for this one but I'm expecting a hard fought non-blowout.

NDSUstudent
10-15-2014, 01:44 AM
Indiana State is throwing 40+ times in most of their games, whoever the QB is will be taking a lot of hits if that is the gameplan. Since they can't really run the ball, I'm guessing that is what they will be doing.

Bison 4 Life
10-15-2014, 01:49 AM
Indiana State is throwing 40+ times in most of their games, whoever the QB is will be taking a lot of hits if that is the gameplan. Since they can't really run the ball, I'm guessing that is what they will be doing.

Sounds like Kyle Emanuel will be able to pump up his numbers for the Buchanan race.

BisoninNWMN
10-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Sounds like Kyle Emanuel will be able to pump up his numbers for the Buchanan race.

Great match up for the Bison.

Bison win by 2 TDs or more

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2014, 12:48 PM
He is living in Indianapolis and is a client of Worldwide Career Management, still hoping to play football.

Did he even get a camp invite? I suspect he must regret whatever the heck went down last year....

BisonNeil
10-15-2014, 01:01 PM

He is going up a against a very large individual at LT. It will be interesting matchup.

How many sacks does Kyle have this season so far, 6.5? I see Underwood leads the MVFC with 7.5.

coloradobison
10-15-2014, 02:41 PM
He is going up a against a very large individual at LT. It will be interesting matchup.

How many sacks does Kyle have this season so far, 6.5? I see Underwood leads the MVFC with 7.5.

6 per our stats on gobison

Vet70
10-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Did he even get a camp invite? I suspect he must regret whatever the heck went down last year....

I don't have that information.

BadlandsBison
10-15-2014, 03:42 PM
2 more wins and the Bison should be a total lock for the playoffs. Seems like we face a good quarterback every week, if anyone keeps isub in the game it sounds like it will be him

StL Bison Fan
10-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Sounds like they do not have a run game (86 y average) and throw a lot. How will noise effect this game? I say greatly, if done properly.

Mayville Bison
10-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Sounds like they do not have a run game (86 y average) and throw a lot. How will noise effect this game? I say greatly, if done properly.

They will probably either move to signaling or a silent count - either way that should give the dline an advantage. Any time #53 gets an advantage, good things usually happen

KilldeerBison
10-15-2014, 05:40 PM

After watching their (ISU) last game, I think Kyle Emanuel will have a good game. Kyle's speed will give their left tackle fits. But then what's new?

tony
10-15-2014, 05:47 PM
I can't get a read on Indiana State - not having any common opponents makes that hard. They gave up 400+ yards rushing to an offense that looked a lot like NDSU's (Indiana). Then they held their next three opponents to under 100 yards each.

Perish is really good though... if he's playing.

bruinbison
10-15-2014, 07:30 PM

Also from this SportsNetworks.com article.......

At midseason, the Buck Buchanan Award may be tight between Coastal Carolina linebacker Quinn Backus, Montana defensive end Zach Wagenmann and Norfolk State linebacker Lynden Trail........

IMHO Wagenmann was not the best defensive end on the field that day!
Can only hope the committee actually watches the Montana-NDSU gametape
where they could see two candidates at once.

bisonpride4ever
10-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Also from this SportsNetworks.com article.......

IMHO Wagenmann was not the best defensive end on the field that day!
Can only hope the committee actually watches the Montana-NDSU gametape
where they could see two candidates at once.

All these awards care about is stats. They don't care who they came against just as long as they have the pretty stats. Especially since most, in not all of the voters for this don't watch a single game.

It's like when the Vikings are on and the announcers, provided they get the names and teams correct, talk about Greenway and how he has all these tackles, which to them means he must be great. Of course anybody with a brain can see that Greenway is not that good and his stats are not indicative of his actual skills as a linebacker.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Bison Loaf
10-15-2014, 11:02 PM
All these awards care about is stats. They don't care who they came against just as long as they have the pretty stats.

Agree. Stats ... and seemingly somebody who stands out relative to their own teammates. As great as NDSU's defense is and has been, it's damn near impossible to "stand out" relative to your teammates!

bruinbison
10-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Indiana State quarterback Mike Perish has passed his concussion protocol and has been cleared to play in Saturday's game against North Dakota State, according to ISU football coach Mike Sanford.

Good, glad to see Indiana State get their QB back, same QB as 2 years ago when the Bison lost to ISU.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/isu-s-perish-cleared-to-play-saturday/article_28c60c22-1a02-5a14-b126-2edcf68fb07f.html

StL Bison Fan
10-16-2014, 02:30 AM
Good, glad to see Indiana State get their QB back, same QB as 2 years ago when the Bison lost to ISU.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/isu-s-perish-cleared-to-play-saturday/article_28c60c22-1a02-5a14-b126-2edcf68fb07f.html

Perhaps they will score as many offensively as last time.

bruinbison
10-16-2014, 02:48 AM
Indiana State's Connor Underwood, a pass-rushing LB in ISU's 3-4 defense.
His brother, Colton, played for Illinois State and is currently on the San Diego Chargers' practice squad.

The question for Underwood isn't how good he is. He's already established that. His career sack total now stands at 21 and he has 38 tackles for a loss. During his freshman season, he was on the All-Newcomer Team. Last season, he was first-team all-MVFC on a 1-11 team and was preseason all-conference this year. He's well on his way to similar honors — and perhaps more — this season.

The exciting prospect for the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Washington, Ill. native is how good can he be? Is the NFL in his future?

"In my opinion, he's the best defensive player in this league. He's the most dangerous player as far as creating havoc for offenses," Sanford said.

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/isu-s-underwood-already-good-but-how-good-can-he/article_6696ce6a-7076-5024-bc41-aeb7b828bf7f.html

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 07:00 PM
NDSU 23 point favorites... yikes.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2014, 07:04 PM

A little aggressive I guess, I was thinking NDSU by 17-21. Still wouldn't touch that line though.

bigdaddykane
10-16-2014, 07:09 PM
NDSU 38
ISU 10 (Indiana State, not Iowa state)
:biggrin:

westnodak93bison
10-16-2014, 07:18 PM

Well, if the Bison play to their potential they should blow out a one dimensional team at home.

BisoninNWMN
10-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Well, if the Bison play to their potential they should blow out a one dimensional team at home.

This here.

If ISU cannot have some type of running game, they do not have a chance in he**!

I think the Bison covered the SIU spread......they will cover this one.

17>1
10-17-2014, 12:00 AM
This here.

If ISU cannot have some type of running game, they do not have a chance in he**!

I think the Bison covered the SIU spread......they will cover this one.

This ^^ Mentioned this very same thing a few days ago. If they can't run, or even attempt to run, our D line is simply going to pin their ears back and get after Perish. Could be a long day for that young man. Bison win big in this one!!

gumby013
10-17-2014, 01:35 PM
It's flight tracking day!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CXP801

StL Bison Fan
10-17-2014, 01:36 PM

This is so creepy, but yet so interesting!
Thanks

NDSUstudent
10-17-2014, 03:58 PM
KFGO game preview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tRtUY4EAYs

El_Chapo
10-17-2014, 04:09 PM
KFGO game preview...

2 ABSOLUTE DORKS just embarrassing , please don't cover ndsu ever again. thanks sincerely Bisonation.

Bisonfan1
10-17-2014, 04:26 PM

I have on good authority this flight may have a substantial delay. It was discovered the summer air has not yet been replaced with fall air in the tires. Re: Bison preview video, is that a bed sheet with a Bison logo for the backdrop ? You would think they would take an iron to that wrinkled mess behind them.

Tatanka
10-17-2014, 04:27 PM
I have on good authority this flight may have a substantial delay. It was discovered the summer air has not yet been replaced with fall air in the tires. Re: Bison preview video, is that a bed sheet with a Bison logo for the backdrop ? You would think they would take an iron to that wrinkled mess behind them.

You would also think the sheet would do something about the mess in front of it.

LikeMothers
10-17-2014, 04:38 PM
I have on good authority this flight may have a substantial delay. It was discovered the summer air has not yet been replaced with fall air in the tires.

Can't tell if serious.... moisture content of the air?

westnodak93bison
10-17-2014, 04:58 PM
You would also think the sheet would do something about the mess in front of it.
Lmao, love it. :p

bisonsupporter
10-17-2014, 05:14 PM
41-10 Bison. Indiana St will try and use a quick intermediate passing game but Bison LB's will be active and get their hands on some passes. I have read some say ISUb has a good defense. I think the Bison O-line really gel this week and Bison will have 3 RB's with at least 85 yards each.

NDSUstudent
10-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Gobison Gameday Preview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cydUkBXdB8&feature=youtu.be&a

bruinbison
10-17-2014, 08:24 PM
#4 Gary Owens - WR - JR - 5' 9" 185 lbs
Owens only played in 2 games as a Soph last season after transferring in from a JC.

Owens currently leads ISU with 39 catches for 539 yards and four touchdowns. His reception total is second in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, but tops among receivers, as only Southern Illinois tight end MyCole Pruitt has more catches with 46.

The first thing Owens possesses is speed, but speed alone isn't going to make someone one of the best MVFC pass-catchers overnight. The desire, the will to get better, is what drives Owens........

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_college_sports/isu_sports/constant-craft-work-makes-isu-s-owens-one-of-mvfc/article_db57d947-5058-5642-bbe7-8df5979af0a5.html

And talk about 2 Indiana State guys who got lost on the way to school.......:nod:

LT 70 Dakota Vermillion (6-7, 310, So.) and his partner

LG 75 Nick Dachota (6-8, 310, So.)

They should be 'Yotes
or somewhere else.......:bunnyb:

bisonboone11
10-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Does it bother anyone else that the voice over guy doesn't even pronounce Bison right?

BisonNation11
10-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Does it bother anyone else that the voice over guy doesn't even pronounce Bison right?

Yes, very much so

Vet70
10-17-2014, 08:50 PM
Bison 27-14 and Perish gets to meet 38, 52, 53 and all of their friends.

NDSUSR
10-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Bison 27-14 and Perish gets to meet 38, 52, 53 and all of their friends.
Perish has already had 2 concussions that the public knows about and is walking a pretty thin line.
I expect him to get his third on Saturday, unfortunately.
I sincerely hope he makes it out of the game without too much damage.

SDbison
10-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Does it bother anyone else that the voice over guy doesn't even pronounce Bison right? That and he sounds like he is still in middle school. Sorry, but just because the kid can read doesn't make him a good audio guy for sports media. NDSU please find someone with a good voice for these videos........and who knows how to pronounce Bison!

marenlee
10-17-2014, 10:02 PM

No more Grizzly Dudz :(

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Wow Morlock has really matured.

Honeybooboo
10-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Is there going to be anyone at this game? Hearing about tons of tickets for sale all over

Wonder why this one is so open?

westnodak93bison
10-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Is there going to be anyone at this game? Hearing about tons of tickets for sale all over

Pheasant, ducks, geese hunting and harvest is going hard plus construction projects are scrambling to finish....any high school games going on tomorrow

El_Chapo
10-17-2014, 10:43 PM
MEA/NDSU weekend hunting and fishing going on. There's tickets out there but I personally have moved about 20-25 thru my site and Facebook to ndsu fans that are excited to go!!

Maybe we will get more energy tomorrow with newer people in seats will happen!!

(Cold weather stops some tailgaters too)

NorthernBison
10-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Pheasant, ducks, geese hunting and harvest is going hard plus construction projects are scrambling to finish....any high school games going on tomorrow

Our last HS game is tomorrow. My seats will be filled but I'll have to watch the end of the game on TV.

westnodak93bison
10-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Our last HS game is tomorrow. My seats will be filled but I'll have to watch the end of the game on TV.
Busy times for people in our region. We work hard! Looks like I may miss SDSU. :(

NDSUstudent
10-18-2014, 12:15 AM

Just checked out the ISUB forum, McFeely and McFeely Jr have some of the tree fans all worked up.

StL Bison Fan
10-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Just checked out the ISUB forum, McFeely and McFeely Jr have some of the tree fans all worked up.

Saw that. Good.

HerdBoy
10-18-2014, 12:53 AM

About what?

gumby013
10-18-2014, 01:01 AM
About what?

Ballot measure 5 probably.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2014, 01:03 AM
About what?

In regards to what they said in their video blog that looked like it was shot in Pinto's mom's basement.

344Johnson
10-18-2014, 01:05 AM

Student interest is low. I'm sure plenty of people (myself included) will be there but I expect a stale dome

HerdBoy
10-18-2014, 01:07 AM
In regards to what they said in their video blog that looked like it was shot in Pinto's mom's basement.

I'll have to check it out.

Bisonville GasMan
10-18-2014, 01:10 AM

"Pinto's World! Pinto's World! Party time! Excellent!"...

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdSjQwOmc9xwLZxw_r__dpvBjPfElD4 SUXw4ZV7vPmghrjndAZ3WMmauw (http://www.google.com/url?url=http://lunkiandsika.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/sika%25E2%2580%2599s-100-greatest-movies-of-all-time-90-wayne%25E2%2580%2599s-world-1992/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=Ub1BVN32J8nLsATH54KwCg&ved=0CBgQ9QEwAA&usg=AFQjCNHw84yUkJeXRo2F4kC7FvvaRQ-WFQ)

Honeybooboo
10-18-2014, 02:13 AM
Student interest is low. I'm sure plenty of people (myself included) will be there but I expect a stale dome

student interest is low for a 6-0 team, ranked #1 in the country, playing a Ranked team in conference looking at possibly 31 straight wins?

that's sad, and people think we are FBS material

westnodak93bison
10-18-2014, 02:31 AM
Maybe fans are bored with the Indiana States of the world. Put out an official stadium expansion or new design and see what the real demand is for tickets if we can get in an FBS conference

thebootfitter
10-18-2014, 03:24 AM
KFGO game preview...
Wow. That's just ugly. Poor production. Poor content.

I know people have made comments about McFooly before, but I had never really experienced it myself. He doesn't even try to put on a positive attitude.

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 03:26 AM
KFGO game preview...

That was absolutely turrible

bruinbison
10-18-2014, 03:37 AM
Interesting, young team, these Sycamores. I'm only seeing 8 seniors on the roster, including 6 starters.
It makes their turnaround season all the more impressive (one win last season vs 4 so far this season). One of the seniors is the QB, Mike Perish, so ISU has that experience factor going for it tomorrow against the Bison.
And what a Huge OLine Perish has in front of him.......including his own Dakota Territory on the left side......

LT 70 Dakota Vermillion (6-7, 310, So.)
C 62 Aaron Jelovic (6-3, 305, Sr.)
RG 78 Zach Borens (6-8, 380, So.)
RT 67 Evan Goebel (6-3, 320, Jr.)

It will be interesting to see if the Bison can generate a pass-rush with only a 4-man rush, perhaps make the Trees move their feet (treesfeet?) , stunts and all and also 4 DE's at a time, or will some blitzes be required?

Perish's season stats are very impressive, 129 completions out of 192 attempts (67.2%)
for 1373 yds - 275 yds/game - 9 td's - only 1 int - QB efficiency of 141.68

But pressure can be put on the ISU QB - 4 sacks in the Indiana game and 3 by Liberty.
ISU also allowed 4 sacks in last weekend's loss to Illinois State, but put an asterik by that game as QB Perish did not play
due to a reported concussion - RFR back-up QB Matt Adam played instead.
I'm looking forward to the Bison pass-rush vs the Sycamore passing game. GoBison!

Bison Fan 17
10-18-2014, 03:52 AM
For the love of God I hope the new AD makes it a new policy that McFooly and Heitkamp cannot pretend to like Bison football or anything Bison!! Thats right McFooly!!Bye-zun Bye-zun!!!

NDSUSR
10-18-2014, 04:14 AM
Who recruited Eminem to Bison Nation?

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/5385/images/images(19).jpg

Bisonwinagn
10-18-2014, 05:06 AM
McFeely is such and idiot. Does anyone know what his real job is cause it's clearly not sports. I assume he covers politics and is just trying to jump on the NDSU media coverage bandwagon to get his name out there.

1998braves64
10-18-2014, 11:09 AM
McFeely is such and idiot. Does anyone know what his real job is cause it's clearly not sports. I assume he covers politics and is just trying to jump on the NDSU media coverage bandwagon to get his name out there.

Stir whatever pot he can find to get people talking and watching. Mission accomplished! Media doesn't always need to do the homer story to "make money". That is precisely McFeely's job. He did it at The Forum and he's doing it at KFGO.

The only way he goes away is if everyone would ignore him if they didn't agree with him, but that will never happen!

ACECON
10-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Ran across this on Indiana States' Coach, Mike Sanford Sr. His son is OC @ Boise State. www.indstate.edu/krs/personnel/m-sanford.htm

Bison"FANatic"
10-18-2014, 11:53 AM
That was absolutely turrible

OMG was that terrible. The players said themselves they have in the back of their minds who beat them last, then goes and dismisses Bison Pride. That was enough for me to stop listening, what a complete idiot and please don't ever do one of those again.

BisoninNWMN
10-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Piss poor running game for such a big O-line. They must be slower than sh**.

I like our D-line's chances.

semobison
10-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Interesting, young team, these Sycamores. I'm only seeing 8 seniors on the roster, including 6 starters.
It makes their turnaround season all the more impressive (one win last season vs 4 so far this season). One of the seniors is the QB, Mike Perish, so ISU has that experience factor going for it tomorrow against the Bison.
And what a Huge OLine Perish has in front of him.......including his own Dakota Territory on the left side......

LT 70 Dakota Vermillion (6-7, 310, So.)
C 62 Aaron Jelovic (6-3, 305, Sr.)
RG 78 Zach Borens (6-8, 380, So.)
RT 67 Evan Goebel (6-3, 320, Jr.)

It will be interesting to see if the Bison can generate a pass-rush with only a 4-man rush, perhaps make the Trees move their feet (treesfeet?) , stunts and all and also 4 DE's at a time, or will some blitzes be required?

Perish's season stats are very impressive, 129 completions out of 192 attempts (67.2%)
for 1373 yds - 275 yds/game - 9 td's - only 1 int - QB efficiency of 141.68

But pressure can be put on the ISU QB - 4 sacks in the Indiana game and 3 by Liberty.
ISU also allowed 4 sacks in last weekend's loss to Illinois State, but put an asterik by that game as QB Perish did not play
due to a reported concussion - RFR back-up QB Matt Adam played instead.
I'm looking forward to the Bison pass-rush vs the Sycamore passing game. GoBison!

Nice post, some good points here! If we can get consistent pressure on Perish it could be a long day for the Trees. It looks like some teams have been able to do that but UNI, on the other hand, who leads the conference in sacks, only got to Perish twice in losing to ISUb.

cbline
10-18-2014, 02:49 PM

^^^ This ^^^ I feel the same way about Joel Heitkamp every time he travels to Frisco and puts on NDSU clothing. The epitome of "riding the coattails."

Sycamore Tuff
10-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Kansas state was the best. Don't think we will hear a rustling of leaves from the sycamores.

It has taken me a few days to rustle my leaves. I had a few family matters that seemed a little more important than coming on here blowing off about things I have no control over. However, those matters have been taken care of and now I can say without further delay, your guys suck and will never ever win another conference championship. All I ask for is for the Sycamores to score ONE more point than your Bison. Have fun at the game. I wish I was there instead of work.

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Piss poor running game for such a big O-line. They must be slower than sh**.

I like our D-line's chances.

They have some very big players?

Tatanka
10-18-2014, 07:12 PM

No. 78 goes 6-8 380. And it doesn't look like fat.

BisonNeil
10-19-2014, 02:14 AM
It has taken me a few days to rustle my leaves. I had a few family matters that seemed a little more important than coming on here blowing off about things I have no control over. However, those matters have been taken care of and now I can say without further delay, your guys suck and will never ever win another conference championship. All I ask for is for the Sycamores to score ONE more point than your Bison. Have fun at the game. I wish I was there instead of work.

Don't like your teams attitude and they are dirty players. Your coach sucks for allowing that s#!t!

scottsdaleping
10-19-2014, 10:57 AM

ISU was just as bad this year !!!

scottsdaleping
10-19-2014, 11:02 AM

don't quit your day job cause you know nothing about college football

BisoninNWMN
10-19-2014, 11:11 AM

They had some big boys up front but IMO, they were slow off the ball and physically they didn't look strong. I mean that our smaller D-lineman were physically over powering them.

Defense played great yesterday.

A1pigskin
10-19-2014, 02:54 PM
They had some big boys up front but IMO, they were slow off the ball and physically they didn't look strong. I mean that our smaller D-lineman were physically over powering them.

Defense played great yesterday.

Bison D pushed 78 into their QB.

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2014, 02:58 PM
So, the question last week was are the sycamores for real this year?
The coach said they weren't playing like themselves.
So apparently they don't know who they are, but we do.
The answers are No and you are still a bad football team.

A1pigskin
10-19-2014, 03:01 PM
IMO they are a little better than last year but that's it. They weren't playing like themselves because they played a talented team.