PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Gebhart

bri-dog
10-12-2014, 04:13 AM
Maybe this doesn't "deserve" a thread on its own, but I think it does.

I was thrilled to see Trevor make a big play today, I think he has been one of the "unsung heroes" of this team for his entire career. Unselfish, unassuming, (and probably underutilized) and basically a guy you need on a winning team.

I liked his comments in the postgame interview (especially at the 3:50-ish mark)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsVuzPPSUPs&feature=youtu.be&list=UUo9BmRw SGifLu8jCbOgOK1w

HerdBoy
10-12-2014, 04:30 AM
That reception was a thing of beauty.

El_Chapo
10-12-2014, 04:40 AM
1 catch. Wish he had a few more!!!

North Side
10-12-2014, 04:42 AM
just a hard working football player and student athlete

StL Bison Fan
10-12-2014, 04:48 AM
@pintoKFGO: Check out @790KFGO Scott Miller's call of @trevg3 75-yard TD catch in @NDSUfootball 38-10 victory over @SIU_Football http://t.co/WOOoy18UQW

tony
10-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Great play all around. It really gave the team a lift.

Ndsu84
10-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Gebhart was contributing quite a bit a couple years back, then he dropped a couple passes and wasn't in a lot since. I was hoping he'd get more catches this year.

Hansen said on the radio something to the effect it was surprising which receiver stepped up. He works hard when he's in there and he can do a lot for the Bison. I'm glad to see it. Yes it was only one pass but that's all it takes to give the receivers the confidence to roll.

THEsocalledfan
10-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Trevor has had some killer blocks this year. He had a couple nice ones yesterday too. Don't have to catch the big TD pass to be a solid team player.

BisonNation11
10-12-2014, 01:14 PM
I really liked his comments in the presser. He said everyone makes big plays every play but most go unnoticed. He's the perfect team player. Love his run blocking

El_Chapo
10-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Gebhart was contributing quite a bit a couple years back, then he dropped a couple passes and wasn't in a lot since. I was hoping he'd get more catches this year.

Hansen said on the radio something to the effect it was surprising which receiver stepped up. He works hard when he's in there and he can do a lot for the Bison. I'm glad to see it. Yes it was only one pass but that's all it takes to give the receivers the confidence to roll.

Trevor is my boi. But sorry Phil. No receivers have stepped up. 1 play here or there so far I really want gebheart and woods to both step up

ZHerd
10-12-2014, 01:55 PM

He had some very nice catches vs Colorado St.

Bisonator98
10-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Trevor has had some killer blocks this year. He had a couple nice ones yesterday too. Don't have to catch the big TD pass to be a solid team player.

This^^^^. He's one of the best blocking WR on the team and has really helped on some of those big running plays.

westnodak93bison
10-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Team player. Great to see him get a big catch.

A1pigskin
10-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Nice pass, nice catch but even better when he out ran the defense.

westnodak93bison
10-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Yes. Nice burst and enough evasiveness.

tcbison
10-12-2014, 11:58 PM
I love players like Gephart. He does the little things that need to be done and doesn't always show up big in the stats. Team players willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. He could play elsewhere in a passing offense and put up good numbers but he is a team player that help the Bison win.

BlueBisonRock
10-13-2014, 01:19 AM
I isolated on Trevor a number of times yesterday while shooting a few photos. He would split wide. Then if it was a typical power run, he would bust his hump to the inside and look for / make a downfield block on the safety. If the run was coming his way, he would take a step or two on the slant, then lower his shoulder into the defender. Yes, he would hold the block. The kid has hustle and skill! And yes, his play and his attitude have impressed me from day one.

Lakes, you can blow your step it up comment out the same blow hole you usually use as can a number of other detractors. He set up the big play by blocking aggressively and helping the defender forget his role. If anything, he needs to have his number called more often. To me, he is the complete football player and the player who plays for and gives his all for the team.

Love this team and respect each and every one of the players!

56BISON73
10-13-2014, 01:29 AM
Surprised that southern speed couldnt catch him.:biggrin:

IzzyFlexion
10-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Surprised that southern speed couldnt catch him.:biggrin:

I think it's possible that Coach Vern talked the S & C coach into carbo loading their players to close to game time.
http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/05/15/michael_scott_carb_load_snarf1_527924.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QAY-bOuDp2A/TnO7KlkOJ1I/AAAAAAAAALY/rJcRO0MhJpg/s1600/run6.jpg

NorthernBison
10-13-2014, 12:46 PM
He is clearly fast than he looks. He just ran away from the guy chasing him.

tony
10-13-2014, 01:01 PM
What game did Trevor catch that TD pass by snagging a ball that was two yards out of bounds?

BisonNation11
10-13-2014, 01:12 PM
What game did Trevor catch that TD pass by snagging a ball that was two yards out of bounds?

USD in Sioux Falls I believe

NDSU_grad
10-13-2014, 01:31 PM

Indiana State last year he made a play like that. Don't know if that's the one you're thinking of.

tony
10-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Indiana State last year he made a play like that. Don't know if that's the one you're thinking of.

Yep, I think that's the one. Brock was running around, keeping the play alive and he threw it where only Gebhart could catch it.

I also remember that Trevor had a great game against USD, BisonNation11. Hopefully he has another one this year.

BisonNation11
10-13-2014, 02:24 PM
I was way off. I was thinking of the Moody play mixed with Carson's late game TD. Neither of which had anything to do with #3... :facepalm:

I will now go put on the Cone of Shame

CAS4127
10-13-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw to bursts of speed from TG. One when he accelerated to ball, and a second after he caught it a ran away from DB. I was impressed, and I'm hoping Carson has now found his go-to deep threat. We need that in our attack!!

Tatanka
10-13-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw to bursts of speed from TG. One when he accelerated to ball, and a second after he caught it a ran away from DB. I was impressed, and I'm hoping Carson has now found his go-to deep threat. We need that in our attack!!

Multiple gears on display that's for sure.

Bison Dan
10-13-2014, 03:20 PM
I was impressed too about his pulling away from the DB - Also Morock pulled away from a DB on his TD run.

CAS4127
10-13-2014, 03:28 PM
I was impressed too about his pulling away from the DB - Also Morock pulled away from a DB on his TD run.

Agree that Morlock pulled away as well, but game was in hand by then, and SUI D was tired and broken at that point.

:offtopic:On a similar note re: speed, thank you Dudzik for saving a long TD run. He caught that SUI RB very quickly. We are gonna miss him and Heagle next year. Easily to two best safeties we have evey had on the field at same time.:offtopic:

Bison Dan
10-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Agree that Morlock pulled away as well, but game was in hand by then, and SUI D was tired and broken at that point.

:offtopic:On a similar note re: speed, thank you Dudzik for saving a long TD run. He caught that SUI RB very quickly. We are gonna miss him and Heagle next year. Easily to two best safeties we have evey had on the field at same time.:offtopic:Just wait for the all conference team to be listed! I think we'll have quite a few overlooked.

thundarsdaddy
10-13-2014, 03:48 PM
@pintoKFGO: Check out @790KFGO Scott Miller's call of @trevg3 75-yard TD catch in @NDSUfootball 38-10 victory over @SIU_Football http://t.co/WOOoy18UQW

Thank you sir, for sharing this, it's going on my FB!

BTW you ate all the green grapes??

pucknut9
10-13-2014, 05:47 PM

And he said the same exact thing on the Jack Michaels show at noon today. He takes pride in his blocking. He also said Carson could play at the next level. Knowing Carson he could care less about that right now. In fact he has said so much to me. Indiana St. is on his mind now.

THEsocalledfan
10-13-2014, 05:54 PM
And he said the same exact thing on the Jack Michaels show at noon today. He takes pride in his blocking. He also said Carson could play at the next level. Knowing Carson he could care less about that right now. In fact he has said so much to me. Indiana St. is on his mind now.

And even if he is fibbing a little, he needs to have a solid year to get scouts attention to watch him close next year. Tough being an FCS QB. I am still not convinced Brock ever got a fair shake as they never even let him play in a game.

westnodak93bison
10-14-2014, 04:24 PM

:offtopic:On a similar note re: speed, thank you Dudzik for saving a long TD run. He caught that SUI RB very quickly. We are gonna miss him and Heagle next year. Easily to two best safeties we have evey had on the field at same time.:offtopic:
Better than Dahl(SR) and Schommer(SO)? I think you may be right and both those guys played or play in the NFL.

ndsubison1
10-15-2014, 04:19 AM

Theyre so good at reading the play and coming up and making tackles.

ndsubison1
10-15-2014, 04:22 AM
Better than Dahl(SR) and Schommer(SO)? I think you may be right and both those guys played or play in the NFL.

i think schommer was a RFr in 06 which was Dahls Sr year

RossUglem
06-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Trevor will be the Lead Analyst at Bison Report for Football this upcoming season. LINK (https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Bison-Report-Adds-Trevor-Gebhart-Brad-Jones-Bison-1660-132553785/)

BadlandsBison
06-03-2019, 06:06 PM
I've always like Gebhart and I'm glad he's staying connected to the program.

He's the guy that married a georgia southern cheerleader, right? Sort of like a Mongolian horseman's spoil of war :)

ndsubison1
06-04-2019, 03:28 AM
I've always like Gebhart and I'm glad he's staying connected to the program.

He's the guy that married a georgia southern cheerleader, right? Sort of like a Mongolian horseman's spoil of war :)

She also worked for Midco.

He has pretty good sports takes on Twitter

THEsocalledfan
06-04-2019, 03:32 PM
She also worked for Midco.

He has pretty good sports takes on Twitter

Last time NDSU played in Juiced Town, Midco had Trevor as an analyst. Flippin' drove the Jacks fans nuts since he was a Sioux Falls kid smart enough to play for the right team.

RossUglem
06-18-2019, 06:44 PM
Trevor's debut. It is VIP, but I promise it is worth it.

LINK (https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Trevor-Gebhart-Debut-NDSU-Eight-Losses-132963681/)

mtoutfitter
06-18-2019, 08:35 PM
Trevor's debut. It is VIP, but I promise it is worth it.

LINK (https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Trevor-Gebhart-Debut-NDSU-Eight-Losses-132963681/)

Gotta agree with you Ross.