PDA

View Full Version : Coaches show?

tony
09-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Anybody know if "The Craig Bohl Football Show" is going to be on gobison.com's All Access this year? I sure can't find it.

DIBISON
09-20-2006, 12:22 AM
On a related note, Bison Feedback is on tonight. This show with Coach Bohl will be broadcast Tuesday nights from 6:45 - 7:30 PM on WDAY970 radio.

Gamehunter
09-20-2006, 02:34 AM
On a related note, Bison Feedback is on tonight. This show with Coach Bohl will be broadcast Tuesday nights from 6:45 - 7:30 PM on WDAY970 radio.

anyone catch the broadcast?

RedRiver
09-20-2006, 01:12 PM
On a related note, Bison Feedback is on tonight. *This show with Coach Bohl will be broadcast Tuesday nights from 6:45 - 7:30 PM on WDAY970 radio.

anyone catch the broadcast? *

I caught about 10 minutes in the middle of the show.

There were questions from 3 callers which covered probation/playoffs, differences between the DIA & DIAA scholarship/talent levels, and the ranking process for DIAA polls.

coloradobison
09-20-2006, 02:48 PM
I had the same question Tony, I have been looking for them also.

mikelsch
09-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Bison Feedback Highlights

- No medical hardship for Cabell since he already used a redshirt year. Will be a senior next season.
- Coaches are hoping to have Cinque Chapman back next season. He is enrolled at NDSU and is planning to return to team if his eligibility is reinstated by the NCAA.

Potential tailbacks for 2007: Cabell, Chapman, Blincoe, Roehl

IowaBison
09-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Hats off to Cinque, his staying at NDSU is very classy in my book.

I wish him the best.

sambini
09-21-2006, 03:01 AM
++++++++++++++++++

tony
09-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Man, that's great news about Cinque. In the long run getting that degree is going to be much more important than getting his eligibility back. I wish him luck on both counts.

BTW, the Coach's show is now on gobison.com All Access.

coloradobison
09-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the update Tony!

ndsubison
09-22-2006, 11:54 AM

- No medical hardship for Cabell since he already used a redshirt year. *Will be a senior next season.
- Coaches are hoping to have Cinque Chapman back next season. *He is enrolled at NDSU and is planning to return to team if his eligibility is reinstated by the NCAA. *

That redshirt thing confuses me. Anybody remember Russ Hackel (RB mid-late 90's)? Wasn't he at NDSU for what seemed like 7 years? He took a couple of medical redshirts or something like that. I don't think it seems fair to do a standard freshman redshirt only to have a medical hurt you in the long run. Somebody who knows all of these rules, please fill me in. Thanks.... :-?

RedRiver
09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
A player can have a standard redshirt and a medical redshirt, so you could have 4 years of playing during a six year period.

Scooter
09-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Coach Bohl indicated in his Monday press conference that Cabell would not get a hardship year- until we hear differently from coach Bohl, that's the way it is.

Bisonguy
09-22-2006, 06:50 PM

- No medical hardship for Cabell since he already used a redshirt year. *Will be a senior next season.
- Coaches are hoping to have Cinque Chapman back next season. *He is enrolled at NDSU and is planning to return to team if his eligibility is reinstated by the NCAA. *

That redshirt thing confuses me. *Anybody remember Russ Hackel (RB mid-late 90's)? *Wasn't he at NDSU for what seemed like 7 years? *He took a couple of medical redshirts or something like that. *I don't think it seems fair to do a standard freshman redshirt only to have a medical hurt you in the long run. *Somebody who knows all of these rules, please fill me in. *Thanks.... :-?

DII rules are different from DI rules. In DII you can compete in four years, but not necessarily continuous years. In DI you have a five year clock ticking.

Didn't somebody else just lose out on petitioning for a medical redshirt in the last couple of years?

I remember it was someone that was eligible, but the NCAA did not approve it because he had redshirted.

coloradobison
09-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Was it former OL Monson?

I seem to remember some contreversy having played a few years in DII and then moving to DI.

NdFaN
09-22-2006, 09:00 PM

Any chance they would move Anderson to tailback in the future? *Or is he a solid lock at linebacker? *The kid was a pretty darn good running back in high school and could see him being a pretty good one for the Bison. *Any thoughts?

Bisonguy
09-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Was it former OL Monson?

I seem to remember some contreversy having played a few years in DII and then moving to DI.

I thought it might be Monson, but then I remembered he had a degenerative disk problem, so I was in doubt. I thought he walked away without trying to get a medical hardship, but I could be wrong.

mikelsch
09-22-2006, 09:45 PM

Any chance they would move Anderson to tailback in the future? *Or is he a solid lock at linebacker? *The kid was a pretty darn good running back in high school and could see him being a pretty good one for the Bison. *Any thoughts?

His college position is firmly entrenched as middle linebacker. Heir apparent to Joe Mays.

NDSUstudent
09-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Definately agree Greenie, Bohl liked Anderson so much he thought about pulling his redshirt and with the depth we have at LB that is saying a lot about his abilities at that position. At RB I think Blincoe is the future, his high school numbers were great and the highlight videos I saw where impressive. Who knows where he would be if he was the 1st string RB instead of 2nd string in high school. Rohl and Blincoe could provide NDSU with one heck of rushing attack over the next few years.

Here is a link to Blincoes's highlight videos in case you haven't seen them...

http://www.nationwiderecruits.com/Class_of_2006.html

Bisonguy
09-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Definately agree Greenie, Bohl liked Anderson so much he thought about pulling his redshirt and with the depth we have at LB that is saying a lot about his abilities at that position. At RB I think Blincoe is the future, his high school numbers were great and the highlight videos I saw where impressive. Who knows where he would be if he was the 1st string RB instead of 2nd string in high school. Rohl and Blincoe could provide NDSU with one heck of rushing attack over the next few years. *

Here is a link to Blincoes's highlight videos in case you haven't seen them...

http://www.nationwiderecruits.com/Class_of_2006.html

From what the Ball State fans have said about their defense, Blincoe could have some success in the game.

coloradobison
09-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Was it former OL Monson?

I thought it might be Monson, but then I remembered he had a degenerative disk problem, so I was in doubt. I thought he walked away without trying to get a medical hardship, but I could be wrong.

Sanders had the same thing as Bucky did maybe 2 years ago? I think it was that year as that was my last of school. http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1087104530

copied from forum archive.... Bison lineman awaits ruling on eligibility
North Dakota State offensive lineman Justin Monson has been fighting two opponents this fall: football players and the NCAA. Monson was denied another year of eligibility and is waiting to hear an appeal to the NCAA Committee on Student-Athlete Reins...Saturday, November 06, 2004 - By Jeff Kolpack

also from the forum archive....Early end to career
A chronic back injury has forced North Dakota State starting offensive lineman Mark Sanders to give up football. The Bison senior and one of the team’s leaders suffers from degenerative disc disease, a result of the wear and tear of football com...
Tuesday, July 13, 2004 -

Bisonguy
09-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Great job digging that up and clarifying the issue!!

Like I said, I could be wrong. ;) :)

broke_back_mnt
09-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Wow! *Excellent show case of Blincoe. * Great outside speed on the big pitch and power too. *We should run some of those plays for him. *

DIBISON
09-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Just a reminder that Bison Feedback with Coach Bohl will be on WDAY 970 AM from 6:45 - 7:30 PM tonight. Give the coach a call.

Steph_Popowski
09-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Monson...he got the short end of the deal there!! *That is for sure! *We could have used him another year!