PDA

View Full Version : Hate to start this off but...

99Bison
09-26-2006, 09:30 PM
McF is slowly turning his perspective... Recent blog post says mid-level I-A should be achiveable without tremendous pain. Like that would have been said even 3 months ago! Don't want to say bandwagonish, however there are a lot of skeptics out with Mc'y that could be coverted if he keeps it up ;D

broke_back_mnt
09-26-2006, 09:32 PM
He was a naysayer. There were a lot of naysayers. Each had their own motivation. McF reasons werent as ugly as some but he did little to help and a lot to hurt.

NorthernBison
09-26-2006, 09:45 PM
I never was a naysayer with regard to whether we could make the jump to a mid-level 1-A. On the other hand, I still question the wisdom of that type of move. I just don't see the allure of playing for a spot in the Pepto Bismol Bowl on December 16.

Mid-level 1-A programs get only slightly more respect from the national media than current 1-AA programs. In general, MAC programs are viewed with disdain. Right or wrong???

roadwarrior
09-26-2006, 10:41 PM
I think that some of us have forgot the fun of being in the playoffs. The Pepto Bismol Bowl would not be as big of a deal. The Gophers goal is to get their six wins so they can make the trip to the Music Box Bowl every year! Yawn!

Bisonguy
09-27-2006, 12:50 AM
McFeely has a good amount of nice articles lately on NDSU, including his blogging.

However, not nearly as many people comment about it when he writes something positive.......

Swaghook
09-27-2006, 03:07 AM
I think that some of us have forgot the fun of being in the playoffs. *The Pepto Bismol Bowl would not be as big of a deal. *The Gophers goal is to get their six wins so they can make the trip to the Music Box Bowl every year! *Yawn!

++

99Bison
09-27-2006, 04:21 AM
McFeely has a good amount of nice articles lately on NDSU, including his blogging.

However, not nearly as many people comment about it when he writes something positive....... *

Right, thought I would throw it out there for us :-)

In regards to I-A or not... yes that is a valid debate...
Here's a question; what's the difference between playoffs and competing for a conference champ? Not a whole lot IMO, depends on what you get used to. A bowl game is then simply a bonus at the end. Also, one could say that when you have playoffs you diminish the value of the regular season.

The thing I do like about I-A is that you get a decent chance to knock off BCS conference teams that would give the university more publicity yet.

Paulie
09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
When you win games people will notice and be impressed, it's a simple formula really... ;)

WYOBISONMAN
09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
McFeely is no NDSU fan, he is a reporter and a columnist. As such he does his job just fine eventhough most of us think he has been way off base. I do think that his blogging during the games has been something that has given those of us in far away places a very unique insight into what is happening at the games real time. I applaude him for that and very much appreciate his efforts. From reading the game blogs there is no question that McFeely is a damn bright guy. He just doesn't share all of our perpectives on the Bison and D1. I do also have to say that McFeely is certaintly willing to say when he called one wrong.....I respect that.

I like to read the writing from someone that intelligently challenges my thoughts........