PDA

View Full Version : 50 game milestone

StL Bison Fan
10-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Bison Media Blog is about three of our best playing in their 50th game this weekend. Amazing.
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90988

geobosse
10-02-2014, 01:40 PM
That is truly amazing. Would like to see the record of most games played by a college football player. I'm certain these three will be in the tops

Bison Loaf
10-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Wow 50 games! Impressive! And those are 50 games of high level FCS football, not some mediocre .500 level team.

Obviously, they are all three great, great players (so don't get me wrong here) but for me personally, Beck especially epitomizes the type of Bison Football I have loved and known for over 30 years: tough, team-oriented, relatively unflashy, never quits, is forced into and takes care of his own "off-field issues" ;), plays bigger the bigger the play, technically sound, fast AND physical, under the radar, pain-eating, small town North Dakota kid.

Did I miss anything?

Professor Chaos
10-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Michael Murphy played in 59 games in his NDSU career. These guys could pass him if they stay healthy and play in 3 or more playoff games this year.

Hammersmith
10-02-2014, 09:55 PM
That is truly amazing. Would like to see the record of most games played by a college football player. I'm certain these three will be in the tops

I'd guess any records of that type would be dominated by Mt Union or UW Whitewater players.

bisonboone11
10-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I'd guess any records of that type would be dominated by Mt Union or UW Whitewater players.
Probably, but I just looked up Mount Union's record over the past few years, and it looks like they have played 15 games per season for about the past 10 years, and before that had always played less than 15. With a potential for 16 games for NDSU this year and having played 15 games each of the last 3 years, I would think these guys would have a chance of breaking the record.

I guess technically there is a chance for 17 games this year if NDSU doesn't get a bye in the playoffs, but I'm hoping for the bye.

southcliffbison
10-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I totally agree with all points listed. He'll tackle you like a sack of potatos and walk away like he's done it before. Many on BV where ready to throw TB under the bus after that infamous incident two years ago (you know who you are) . Remember ? He ass whooped someone who needed ass -whooping. What an enjoyable 4 years it's been !! Let's hear it for ND kids !!! especially small town ND players. Keep them coming !!!!!!!

bisonaudit
10-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Probably, but I just looked up Mount Union's record over the past few years, and it looks like they have played 15 games per season for about the past 10 years, and before that had always played less than 15. With a potential for 16 games for NDSU this year and having played 15 games each of the last 3 years, I would think these guys would have a chance of breaking the record.

I guess technically there is a chance for 17 games this year if NDSU doesn't get a bye in the playoffs, but I'm hoping for the bye.

Same deal w/ Whitewater. The largest opportunity looks like 60. I suppose with a medical redshirt you could squeeze out a couple more but the odds would be slim. Heagle played 2 games in 2012 but was granted a hardship year.

tony
10-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I totally agree with all points listed. He'll tackle you like a sack of potatos and walk away like he's done it before.

One of my favorite plays by Beck was at the Iowa State game where he hit a guy so hard he practically did a cartwheel. While the guy was still rotating in space, Beck turned around and started to walk away like nothing had happened.

As for the most games played: If you limit it to DI, the only team that comes close, as far as I know, is Youngstown State who played 60 games in four years, but they "only" won 50 of them. I suppose a Penguin or two could have played in all 60 of those games.

A1pigskin
10-04-2014, 05:26 PM
One of my favorite plays by Beck was at the Iowa State game where he hit a guy so hard he practically did a cartwheel. While the guy was still rotating in space, Beck turned around and started to walk away like nothing had happened.

As for the most games played: If you limit it to DI, the only team that comes close, as far as I know, is Youngstown State who played 60 games in four years, but they "only" won 50 of them. I suppose a Penguin or two could have played in all 60 of those games.

Can someone post that clip?

HerdBoy
10-04-2014, 05:45 PM
It was in the 3rd quarter at 11:50 against Aaron Wimberly.

A1pigskin
10-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Going to 51 now.

Bison03
10-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Bison are 48-2 in their last 50. Pretty amazing.