PDA

View Full Version : A new and better FBS thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

56BISON73
10-12-2014, 09:46 PM
We'll all be dead by the time the playoffs expand to 20 teams.

Yeah but I really like the big red thermometer thing. We need to get on this! It will put us over the top!!!!!!!

marenlee
10-13-2014, 12:09 AM
IMO, I don't see the "College Football Playoff" expanding to more than 8 teams before all of football becomes NCAA Flag Football.

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 03:16 AM
Spent 3 hours at vikings tailgating. Literally had 20-25 people come up to our bison flag and say. "Why the hell isn't NDSU FBS" "you guys are just wasting away in the fcs when you could be making national highlights weekly"

missingnumber7
10-13-2014, 04:30 AM
Spent 3 hours at vikings tailgating. Literally had 20-25 people come up to our bison flag and say. "Why the hell isn't NDSU FBS" "you guys are just wasting away in the fcs when you could be making national highlights weekly"

And yet as an FCS team we are more nationally relelvant than the Goophers.

56BISON73
10-13-2014, 04:56 AM
And yet as an FCS team we are more nationally relelvant than the Goophers.

We must also take in to account the "elcheapo Mathematical probabilities of truthiness ." First you take 50% and just toss it out the window---never happened. Then you take 50% of whats left and get rid of it as well because said probability is 90 % to 10% it never happened. So now you are down to 25% of the original number. The you half that number as it was probably people who saw the NDSU swag and just acknowledged his presence. Which leaves 12.5%=3 people of which they mentioned NDSU and Elcheapo engaged them in FBS talk.

SamsRams
10-13-2014, 06:44 AM

just watched national highlights and didnt see any MAC or MWC highlights

JMB
10-13-2014, 10:57 AM

What about Boise Sta...., um Northern Ill....., um...

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2014, 11:51 AM

this is what's terrifying me the most...is how the national picture see's and pays attention to what NDSU is doing on the college football landscape. Its unheard of, but if/when they fall off the horse and are unable to get back up...we may never see an opportunity like this again.

Glad to see you out there spreading the word, Chapo...wouldnt be shocked to see 20-25 turn into 225-250 as you attend Viking games this season..keep on keeping on!

NorthernBison
10-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Nothing more needs to be said. That's the perfect response in one sentence.

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 02:40 PM
this is what's terrifying me the most...is how the national picture see's and pays attention to what NDSU is doing on the college football landscape. Its unheard of, but if/when they fall off the horse and are unable to get back up...we may never see an opportunity like this again.

Glad to see you out there spreading the word, Chapo...wouldnt be shocked to see 20-25 turn into 225-250 as you attend Viking games this season..keep on keeping on!

Yep, you're right most sports fans think of NDSU over Boise State. yep.

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 05:58 PM
30 straight 49-2. No one will answer the question. WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?

50 straight 70-2? 99-3?

We are the best of the lousiest and the longer went stay in the fcs the more NDSU gets dragged down to the other dakotas/uni levels of mediocrity!

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2014, 06:02 PM

so is that for just this past week?

Sounds like MAC and MWC just tied the Valley's total for the entire season

missingnumber7
10-13-2014, 06:14 PM
so is that for just this past week?

Sounds like MAC and MWC just tied the Valley's total for the entire season

You mean like all those MAC and MWC conference teams that have hosted Gameday in back to back years?

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2014, 06:16 PM
You mean like all those MAC and MWC conference teams that have hosted Gameday in back to back years?
Yep. better stay FCS for that reason alone. LOL

missingnumber7
10-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Yep. better stay FCS for that reason alone. LOL

You guys are screaming for a move up when they are still fighting over how things are going to be. Why not let them fight it out, and then make a decision then, instead of turning into Western Kentucky who owned D1-aa and has turned into nothing. What are you going to sell 85 players on, some crappy bowl game in some half empty stadium, or you going to sell 65 players on playing for a national championship. I'll take national championships over bowl games anyday.

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2014, 06:27 PM
You guys are screaming for a move up when they are still fighting over how things are going to be. Why not let them fight it out, and then make a decision then, instead of turning into Western Kentucky who owned D1-aa and has turned into nothing. What are you going to sell 85 players on, some crappy bowl game in some half empty stadium, or you going to sell 65 players on playing for a national championship. I'll take national championships over bowl games anyday.
National championships most people outside of FCS would have a hard time knowing who won? I'd bet 90% of analysts/fans/FBS AD's etc. couldn't name the last team to win a FCS championship before NDSU.

This site spooges their damn pants if NDSU is featured on FS1 with a bottom feeder B12 team...why not try getting on ESPN U/CBSSN/FS1 etc with our own home games playing bigger programs?

Honestly, its all about getting more respect for NDSU than winning national championships at an FCS level. I think the program can grow immensely bigger from that alone than playing the FCS game. All it takes is another guy with a vision with how things are trending.

BisonNation11
10-13-2014, 06:31 PM
And you couldn't name off the top of your head who won 95% of the bowls that were played last year. And don't fool yourself. Those would be the bowls NDSU would get stuck playing in.

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 06:56 PM
TSCF it will continue to be treated like mount union's streak

bisonboone11
10-13-2014, 07:08 PM

Why is that chapo? :hide:

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2014, 07:18 PM
And you couldn't name off the top of your head who won 95% of the bowls that were played last year. And don't fool yourself. Those would be the bowls NDSU would get stuck playing in.

Yea..fallback onto the tired shitbowl.com argument when there's no denying that a move up would only help the program grow.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 07:23 PM
BOWL games are a big deal marketing/exposure wise why are people in minneapolis and iowa city splooging over the "possibility" of getting into 1?

NDSU is viewed the same as Mount Union, to be honest. Stony Brook AD with no desire to improve this university is our next newest hurdle in the PRO-FBS crowd, maybe at the alumni center tomorrow night he will say something to shake things up, but he's already just happy improving from the #2 guy at Stony Brook to NDSU.

Furthermore, MAC & MWC have ESPN TV rights, Valley has nothing, zip , zilch. We have ALREADY PROVED OURSELVES HERE, STAYING FCS WILL ONLY ALLOW FOR STAGNATION AND DECLINE.

FCS championships ranks #28 after all the other bowls according to these tv ratings going up against a Umass vs Villinova basketball game.

BlueBisonRock
10-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Who won the MAC last year? What bowl did they play in? How did they do?

Now, my assertion on FBS is simple. B1G or B12. Get a conference invite from either of those and I will become a vocal and provide needed support for the move. However, please stop with the MAC and Mountain West dialog. There is no gain to NDSU to move to any of the G5 conferences. I believe it would be a net down move.

If you want to set goals, set them high. Mediocre goals are only for show. Be BIG or be small.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
I am all for the MWC, it would be a massive step up but there is this whole invite thing we have talked about eleventy billion times. Call me when they have an interest in expanding. Not sure how you guys can ramble on and on about it.

Flow 2-3-4-5
10-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Yea..fallback onto the tired shitbowl.com argument when there's no denying that a move up would only help the program grow.

Yep, it sure has helped Western Ky, UMass, ODU and App State.

missingnumber7
10-13-2014, 08:08 PM
BOWL games are a big deal marketing/exposure wise why are people in minneapolis and iowa city splooging over the "possibility" of getting into 1?

NDSU is viewed the same as Mount Union, to be honest. Stony Brook AD with no desire to improve this university is our next newest hurdle in the PRO-FBS crowd, maybe at the alumni center tomorrow night he will say something to shake things up, but he's already just happy improving from the #2 guy at Stony Brook to NDSU.

Furthermore, MAC & MWC have ESPN TV rights, Valley has nothing, zip , zilch. We have ALREADY PROVED OURSELVES HERE, STAYING FCS WILL ONLY ALLOW FOR STAGNATION AND DECLINE.

FCS championships ranks #28 after all the other bowls according to these tv ratings going up against a Umass vs Villinova basketball game.

2 years ago it did.

Again you refer to the TV rights, but how many home games in Sept did the MAC or MWC have during the afternoon that were on ESPN? You are willing to sell your soul for November night time tailgating on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Watch attendance drop during those games because A) its a school night and B) why go out when you can just watch the game on ESPN. And for your argument about its once everyother year...go look at schedules for the past 3 years for weeknight games in november with the MAC. Its not the case. The only teams that haven't been totally screwed by the weeknight games are the directional Michigan schools. When I played, the best part about college football was Saturday afternoon. That was college football time, I love that NDSU has taken that same view and is playing all our games this year in the afternoon. (would be even better if they all started at the same time the national championship game did)

I'm all for FBS at the right time. But that time is not now. Let them screw up their cute little 4 team playoff for a couple seasons and then see where its at.

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Looking down your pointy noses at FBS teams and conferences is laughable by some of you. You have probably never been out of the fargo area and see what happens when you pimp NDSU. Look at the top 25 fcs teams and laugh.

NDSU is a top 100 research university playing with 200 ranked university's. Yet some of you would rather play paddy cake with sdsu und usd.....

NDSUstudent
10-13-2014, 08:16 PM
The MWC has a great TV deal, it should never be compared to the MAC. Lots of Saturday games, there are some primetime Thursday and Friday games. Also nice coverage for basketball, the MWC is a legit conference, a conference that will probably never want to invite us but nonetheless it is a great league.

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Looking down your pointy noses at FBS teams and conferences is laughable by some of you. You have probably never been out of the fargo area and see what happens when you pimp NDSU. Look at the top 25 fcs teams and laugh.

NDSU is a top 100 research university playing with 200 ranked university's. Yet some of you would rather play paddy cake with sdsu und usd.....
I would prefer you promote NDSU. Unless of course you really mean pimp. Think about it.

bisonaudit
10-13-2014, 08:29 PM

I haven't spent more than 3 consecutive days in Fargo in well over a decade, and I think, at this time, moving up is not the correct thing for NDSU Football.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze at the next level in the current structure. All the benefits would go to administrators and none to the program.

Herd80
10-13-2014, 08:37 PM

I swore I wouldn't let this stuff under my skin, but really...where do you come up with this stuff? The guy hasn't started his job yet and you somehow, magically, know what he's about and where his goals lie? He's highly recommended by dozens of professionals in the field, including GT, and somehow you have some insight or supposed knowledge of this situation that leads to damning a guy before he steps foot on campus. For me, that's douchebaggery in its highest form. I hope someone points you out, and provides a recap of all the sh!t you've been yakking about him.

td577
10-13-2014, 08:44 PM
First off all, I don't think anyone fully appreciates how messed up the big 12 is right now. They will need a playoff if they want to be part of the big party. They need at least two more schools to make a playoff happen, preferably four. Secondly, they dug themselves a hole with letting schools negotiate their own tier three networks. They need espn to get them out of that mess. Being at espn's feet, the big 12 has to follow and maybe one of the four teams espn brings along is NDSU. Maybe it isn't. Either way, we need to wait and let it happen before making any decision. That is the only conference that makes me excited about moving up. The big ten won't ever happen. The big 12 is in shambles, will be left out of the big show, and we are ESPN's darling. Remote possibility, but a possibility nonetheless. Any other way doesn't do anything for me. $30M a year automatically puts NDSU in a position to build a new stadium. Everything works for everybody.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bison03
10-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Why is that chapo? :hide:

If we were in a nationally recognized powerhouse conference like the MAC or Mountain West, we would be getting a lot more recognition then we are now.

tony
10-13-2014, 09:22 PM

Pretty sure that this is strike 3 for you.

Is there any reason that I should allow you to post in the football forum anymore? Obviously, it's beneath you. Better post quickly because you are about to become The User Who Could Formerly Post On The Football Forum.

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Huh? This is Zero reference to fbs. It's in reference to how espn only looks at the SEC SEC SEC.

Plus I thought mnlonghorn and I and roadwarrior were back down to a 0-0 count after that 1 was closed, we're we wrong to assume that? (Seriously though, in all honesty I've kept it to my thread)

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm staying in this thread for my fbs takes...please do not bait me in others. Appreciate that.
We can talk PM if you want to get personal as I've taken enough public arrows thanks for listening and thank you tony for this 1 thread to continue.

admin
10-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Huh? This is Zero reference to fbs. It's in reference to how espn only looks at the SEC SEC SEC.

Plus I thought mnlonghorn and I were back down to a 0-0 count after that 1 was closed. (Seriously I've kept it to my thread)

Not seeing any reason to aggravate people (including me) by letting you turn every thread in the "The FCS is beneath me and everything NDSU accomplishes is worthless and let me tell you for the 1000th time why" board especially seeing as how you have a thread where you can go for that.

I'm sorry you feel that way about NDSU football. It's too bad you can't enjoy NDSU's success. I suggest you find an FBS board.

56BISON73
10-13-2014, 09:40 PM
When any of you move up right now pud pounders know of a conference that wants to expand, wants NDSU to join and is in our foot print let us know ok?

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 09:40 PM
I have confined it to this thread here tony. Seriously. This is good conversation and I appreciate the back and forth honestly. Of course I love our success and I want more it's an addiction. My mount union post had nothing to do with fbs. It was about how espn is basically. SEC - ESPN lately ignoring the streak

admin
10-13-2014, 09:48 PM
I have confined it to this thread here tony. Seriously. This is good conversation and I appreciate the back and forth honestly. Of course I love our success and I want more it's an addiction. My mount union post had nothing to do with fbs. It was about how espn is basically. SEC - ESPN lately ignoring the streak

Just so we're absolutely clear, I am done coming to this board and reading post and post from you denigrating everything NDSU has accomplished because it means nothing to you. I've heard it 1000 times before and it's not becoming any more readable.

And that goes for this thread too. I'm fine "Here's why the FBS would be great" but if your only argument is that the FCS sucks then find another board.

El_Chapo
10-13-2014, 09:53 PM
I LOVE NDSU (I left you a pm and I apologize publicly here to you) I LOVE THIS PLACE SO MUCH that I think we can compete in the big 12 and I'm coming from the angle of top 100 University academically and I'd LOVE to see us grow. We all want to grow right?

(Thanks tony. See PM) have a good week im gonna ease up but I LOVE NDSU

Strongman
10-13-2014, 10:24 PM
I haven't spent more than 3 consecutive days in Fargo in well over a decade, and I think, at this time, moving up is not the correct thing for NDSU Football.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze at the next level in the current structure. All the benefits would go to administrators and none to the program.

Jesus Christ. After we QUAD, WHAT IS THE POINT OF STAYING? We are not amongst our peers anymore. Don't we want a new dream and challenge? Why the hell cannot NDSU be a power in BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL in 30 years??? Well, it starts with moving up and accepting the challenge of winning a non BIG 5 conference and going from there.

Strongman
10-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Not seeing any reason to aggravate people (including me) by letting you turn every thread in the "The FCS is beneath me and everything NDSU accomplishes is worthless and let me tell you for the 1000th time why" board especially seeing as how you have a thread where you can go for that.

I'm sorry you feel that way about NDSU football. It's too bad you can't enjoy NDSU's success. I suggest you find an FBS board.

NDSU is going to rewrite the history books when we QUAD. I and El Chapo and others are enjoying the success. But seriously, don't you want the program and university to challenge itself? Don't you want NDSU to play the BEST TEAMS in the country? Are not you tired of NDSU being the best small time program in the country? There is no reason why NDSU cannot be a top 20 college football program within thirty years. Let's stop with "the cannot do" attitude." Same bullshit that was spoken by the D 2 proponents ten years ago.

bisonaudit
10-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Jesus Christ. After we QUAD, WHAT IS THE POINT OF STAYING? We are not amongst our peers anymore. Don't we want a new dream and challenge? Why the hell cannot NDSU be a power in BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL in 30 years??? Well, it starts with moving up and accepting the challenge of winning a non BIG 5 conference and going from there.

Wanting something is not sufficient. The conditions have to be right in order to make it work.

Even if there is really no point in staying (which I'm not willing to grant) you've still got to have someplace better to go to. That place probably doesn't exist at the moment and the path to get there certainly does not.

bisonaudit
10-13-2014, 10:37 PM
NDSU is going to rewrite the history books when we QUAD. I and El Chapo and others are enjoying the success. But seriously, don't you want the program and university to challenge itself? Don't you want NDSU to play the BEST TEAMS in the country? Are not you tired of NDSU being the best small time program in the country? There is no reason why NDSU cannot be a top 20 college football program within thirty years. Let's stop with "the cannot do" attitude." Same bullshit that was spoken by the D 2 proponents ten years ago.

This is simply false. 10 years ago there were absolutely no reason to stay in D-II, we couldn't spend the money we had, the only question was whether we could raise enough to compete at the next level. There was a viable path for the transition, the University did their diligence and decided we could raise the money, and we have.

I don't think that any of those things are true today.

56BISON73
10-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Did elcheapo hack your account?

56BISON73
10-13-2014, 10:59 PM

Has any conference invited NDSU to join them?????? No that's correct. So how does NDSU move up?

JMB
10-13-2014, 11:24 PM

I would argue after winning the quad is exactly the wrong time to move. Success on the field is not a pre-requisite to move up and moving up after a successful run gives the program an inflated impression of fan support. There are a ton of band wagon fans on board right now. Hell we have Sioux fans showing up to the games because we are good and interesting. Remember the days that we used to worry about the deer opener and how no one would show up? Those disappeared when we started winning championships, however there is no indication that those days won't return when we have less than great years. Show me that through the down years that the fan base still stays strong then come talk to me...

Here is my opinion, there is a large percentage of NDSU football fans are interested in seeing a team win national championships. There are people on this board who say that, people who just by participating on a message board are more fanatical than your average rube. If there is a sizable group on the board, the numbers amongst the average fanbase are higher. And make no mistake, if we move up with the big boys, we will never, ever sniff a national championship again.

unbison
10-13-2014, 11:25 PM
I love ndsu football and its as good as it gets there is no doubt....id rather stay where we are then play in detroit in december....and we dont have the backing to move up or the invite to move up to the top p5 conferences so i stay here

56BISON73
10-13-2014, 11:33 PM
I love ndsu football and its as good as it gets there is no doubt....id rather stay where we are then play in detroit in december....and we dont have the backing to move up or the invite to move up to the top p5 conferences so i stay here

This^^^^^^^^^ for right now!

NDSUstudent
10-13-2014, 11:52 PM
People talk about quads and this and that. How about talk about this when a conference actually says they want to expand? Only conference that wants to do that is the Sun Belt and I think most here can agree that doesn't work well for either party.

JMB
10-14-2014, 12:10 AM
People talk about quads and this and that. How about talk about this when a conference actually says they want to expand? Only conference that wants to do that is the Sun Belt and I think most here can agree that doesn't work well for either party.

Well it is the "move to FBS thread".... One would suspect they would talk about that subject here.. I contend that even if there was an interest from a conference, a large percentage of NDSU fans would not be interested.

NDSUstudent
10-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Well it is the "move to FBS thread".... One would suspect they would talk about that subject here.. I contend that even if there was an interest from a conference, a large percentage of NDSU fans would not be interested.

At least then there would be some actual tangible news to talk about and not just flinging stuff at the wall.

If people want to talk about NDSU joining the Sun Belt, well I guess you could talk about it. They want another team, oddly though none of the move up people want to talk about the only conference looking to expand. Instead they would just rather babble on and on about the same talking points...then the anti move up people fire back with the same talking points. It is like Groundhogs day.

No_Skill
10-14-2014, 12:40 AM
At least then there would be some actual tangible news to talk about and not just flinging stuff at the wall.

If people want to talk about NDSU joining the Sun Belt, well I guess you could talk about it. They want another team, oddly though none of the move up people want to talk about the only conference looking to expand. Instead they would just rather babble on and on about the same talking points.

Stranger still, some people "not interested" will continue to monitor said conversation.

JMB
10-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Stranger still, some people "not interested" will continue to monitor said conversation.

So its pretty much like every other thread here. Argument, counter-argument, repeat with a couple of snarky comments thrown in?

semobison
10-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Thought I would check in to this thread after ignoring it for two weeks. Same shit, hasn't missed a beat!

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Haven't been following this closely. It is neither new nor better.
You tried Tony.

natstar1
10-14-2014, 01:59 AM
I would argue after winning the quad is exactly the wrong time to move. Success on the field is not a pre-requisite to move up and moving up after a successful run gives the program an inflated impression of fan support. There are a ton of band wagon fans on board right now. Hell we have Sioux fans showing up to the games because we are good and interesting. Remember the days that we used to worry about the deer opener and how no one would show up? Those disappeared when we started winning championships, however there is no indication that those days won't return when we have less than great years. Show me that through the down years that the fan base still stays strong then come talk to me...

Really good post. I was in school not that long ago when we won 2 games in a season. Who's to say that can't happen again?

1998braves64
10-14-2014, 04:03 AM
It is like Groundhogs day.

Ever read the back of a shampoo bottle? It says lather, rinse repeat? You know there are still some idiots in the shower, here's your sign! - Bill Engvall. Guess we're all idiots for checking this thread hoping something has changed. I think of this stupid line every time I read this thread.

missingnumber7
10-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Really good post. I was in school not that long ago when we won 2 games in a season. Who's to say that can't happen again?

Hey lets not go too overboard...it happened once.

Tatanka
10-14-2014, 11:42 AM
So its pretty much like every other thread here. Argument, counter-argument, repeat with a couple of snarky comments thrown in?

You're forgetting about the personal attacks.

td577
10-14-2014, 03:11 PM
I am not sure why anyone is butt hurt over what is going on in this thread. It could be more appropriately named the Lakes Containment Thread, but it is what it is. The one exception is, like Tony said, is if you are going to hate on the Bison over and over, because that gets more tiresome than the repetitive we need to move up business.

I, for one, have said I will only favor the move up for one conference, the big 12. Since that probably ain't happening, I am not in favor of moving up. Therefore, I am not willing to discuss the Sun Belt. This thread was about containing FBS discussion and now people want to get all stupid about FBS discussion? Avoid the thread. With the exception of Tony's issue, which I agree with, the containment was exactly what everyone wanted, what everyone pretty much got, so no one can go back and complain about FBS content. That's just stupid.

El_Chapo
10-14-2014, 03:22 PM
There is no hate, just pointing out like coach Bohl said. "We've reached the limit of what NDSU can be right now" (and what Saul/Gene were thinking). Doesn't that make any of you a tad worried about complacency? And what the future holds? 3 titles and Big Dance win are the summit, we've reached it, so time to look for a bigger challenge.
this is a thread for the future and the future is now, there's no reason to get all worked up, myself and others are voicing our opinions and we are keeping FBS talk to this thread. Be happy

NorthernBison
10-14-2014, 03:28 PM
That's not what Bohl said. He wasn't talking about NDSU but rather what he and his staff had accomplished.

Bohl won't hesitate to accept a P5 offer regardless of his record at Wyoming.

344Johnson
10-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Find out if it's financially feasible. If so, find out of it is sustainable to maintain financial feasibility after bad years. I'm sure people are either doing this, or have done it.

I'd like to see it happen. It would be nice to see some bigger names in Fargo. On the other hand, if it isn't realistic, FCS is fine.

JMB
10-14-2014, 05:18 PM
I am not sure why anyone is butt hurt over what is going on in this thread. It could be more appropriately named the Lakes Containment Thread, but it is what it is. The one exception is, like Tony said, is if you are going to hate on the Bison over and over, because that gets more tiresome than the repetitive we need to move up business.

I, for one, have said I will only favor the move up for one conference, the big 12. Since that probably ain't happening, I am not in favor of moving up. Therefore, I am not willing to discuss the Sun Belt. This thread was about containing FBS discussion and now people want to get all stupid about FBS discussion? Avoid the thread. With the exception of Tony's issue, which I agree with, the containment was exactly what everyone wanted, what everyone pretty much got, so no one can go back and complain about FBS content. That's just stupid.

So what you are saying is FBS fever is like Ebola, and we need to keep it quarentined, although occasionally we pull a Nancy Snyderman and choose to ignore it?

natstar1
10-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Would we need to add sports to join the MWC? I see they have swimming and diving and tennis. Big 12 has a lot more sports than we offer.

td577
10-14-2014, 06:44 PM
So what you are saying is FBS fever is like Ebola, and we need to keep it quarentined, although occasionally we pull a Nancy Snyderman and choose to ignore it?

Exactly.

missingnumber7
10-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Would we need to add sports to join the MWC? I see they have swimming and diving and tennis. Big 12 has a lot more sports than we offer.

1.2 Minimum Sports Sponsorship. Each member institution shall field varsity teams in football, women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s basketball, one women’s team sport and additional men’s and women’s sports as prescribed by the NCAA to maintain Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) membership.
http://mwc-platform.silverchalice.co/v3/files/54234e3ce4b035ff58288f19

Division I member institutions have to sponsor at least seven sports for men and seven for women (or six for men and eight for women) with two team sports for each gender. Each playing season has to be represented by each gender as well. There are contest and participant minimums for each sport, as well as scheduling criteria. For sports other than football and basketball, Division I schools must play 100 percent of the minimum number of contests against Division I opponents -- anything over the minimum number of games has to be 50 percent Division I. Men's and women's basketball teams have to play all but two games against Division I teams; for men, they must play one-third of all their contests in the home arena. Schools that have football are classified as Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) or NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA). Football Bowl Subdivision schools are usually fairly elaborate programs. Football Bowl Subdivision teams have to meet minimum attendance requirements (average 15,000 people in actual or paid attendance per home game), which must be met once in a rolling two-year period. NCAA Football Championship Subdivision teams do not need to meet minimum attendance requirements. Division I schools must meet minimum financial aid awards for their athletics program, and there are maximum financial aid awards for each sport that a Division I school cannot exceed.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/who-we-are/membership/divisional-differences-and-history-multidivision-classification

The catch was is and will always be the following:

1.02 Admission of New Members. Upon the affirmative vote of three-fourths (3/4) or more of the members of the Conference’s board of directors (the “Board of Directors”), an institution of higher education which meets the qualifications set forth in the Articles of Incorporation and these bylaws may be admitted as a new Member.
http://mwc-platform.silverchalice.co/v3/files/541215cce4b06a01d0971337

Thus an invite

Honeybooboo
10-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I haven't read the entire thread but are there actually people thinking we go Big 12???

56BISON73
10-14-2014, 09:18 PM
I haven't read the entire thread but are there actually people thinking we go Big 12???

No. They said they would consider a move up IF there was a Big 12 invite.

Honeybooboo
10-14-2014, 09:46 PM
No. They said they would consider a move up IF there was a Big 12 invite.

oh....thought this place had completely lost it

56BISON73
10-14-2014, 09:49 PM
oh....thought this place had completely lost it

Some are riding that ragged edge.:D

natstar1
10-14-2014, 10:25 PM
1.2 Minimum Sports Sponsorship. Each member institution shall field varsity teams in football, women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s basketball, one women’s team sport and additional men’s and women’s sports as prescribed by the NCAA to maintain Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) membership.
http://mwc-platform.silverchalice.co/v3/files/54234e3ce4b035ff58288f19

so assuming we got an invite to the MWC we wouldn't need to add sports? sorry that was a lot to read

El_Chapo
10-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Women's tennis and swimming/diving perhaps to offset the additional 22 scholarships. (Thanks title 9!)

Big 12 would be terrific if we could put up a 45,000 seat stadium and TEXAS/Oklahoma jump ship to sec

NDSU
Kansas
Kansas st
Iowa St

We could win that division!

NorthernBison
10-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Women's tennis and swimming/diving perhaps to offset the additional 22 scholarships. (Thanks title 9!)

Big 12 would be terrific if we could put up a 45,000 seat stadium and TEXAS/Oklahoma jump ship to sec

NDSU
Kansas
Kansas st
Iowa St

Title IX is about A LOT more than scholarships. The 22 football scholarships are peanuts. Coach and assistant salaries are where the big bucks are and that's for football AND basketball.

Of course we would pay the Women's staffs more but nothing like the increases on the men's side.

Anybody know why Wyoming found it so easy to take pretty much our entire coaching staff? They did it because they could. They had the money and we didn't.

MNLonghorn10
10-15-2014, 12:26 AM

NDSU
Kansas
Kansas st
Iowa St

Itd be a Longhorn home game if they ever came to Fargo

El_Chapo
10-15-2014, 12:46 AM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/30.jpg

Largest crowd 33000 $33million stadium

Turn on ESPN 2 right now.
Espn2 sunbelt. UL-Lafayette at Texas State in San Marcus. Looks like. Funtime tailgating was rocking good crowd.

7-3 UL-L

MNLonghorn10
10-15-2014, 01:00 AM
it is a great stadium for starters for a school the size of NDSU.

man that'd be awesome.

"Hey what're you doin this tuesday"

"oh gonna tailgate, watch a football game thatl be aired on ESPN"

NorthernBison
10-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Baahahaha. The stadium was built in 1981.

The $33 million was the cost of an expansion in 2012.

MNLonghorn10
10-15-2014, 01:05 AM

so what'd it cost in 81? 10-15 mill? If this is what a ~40 mill dollar stadium starts out..NDSU should have been lobbying for this 2 years ago.

El_Chapo
10-15-2014, 01:07 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat_Stadium_(Texas_State)

$33million of an expansion of a stadium like Dacotah Field. C'mon UNDnorthernBison. NDSU could have this easily and it's a shame there isn't talks in place right now

TAILG8R
10-15-2014, 01:07 AM

Are you telling me that the facts were not checked and/or exaggerated? I do not believe you!

El_Chapo
10-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Tailgr8er the information is above you, read it.

14-3 ragin cajuns

MNLonghorn10
10-15-2014, 01:16 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat_Stadium_(Texas_State)

$33million of an expansion of a stadium like Dacotah Field. C'mon UNDnorthernBison. NDSU could have this easily and it's a shame there isn't talks in place right now

NorthernBison is actually a UND fan? color me shocked

TAILG8R
10-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Tailgr8er the information is above you, read it.

14-3 ragin cajuns

Does Dakota field seat 16k? That stadium did before renovations. the three tiered structure with premium and club seats was also done before the 33 mil reno.

EDIT: It was 17 mil just for the premium club seating complex in 2009.

I'm still trying to figure out why you feel we would be ok with a outdoor stadium. I'm sorry but I believe a huge percentage of the fans today do not want to sit outside even in 45 degree weather. So where do you find 30k+ that will want to sit outside in the snow and wind? Those last 2-3 home games would be pretty quiet.

NDSUstudent
10-15-2014, 01:38 AM
Does Dakota field seat 16k? That stadium did before renovations. the three tiered structure with premium and club seats was also done before the 33 mil reno.

I'm still trying to figure out why you feel we would be ok with a outdoor stadium. I'm sorry but I believe a huge percentage of the fans today do not want to sit outside even in 45 degree weather. So where do you find 30k+ that will want to sit outside in the snow and wind? Those last 2-3 home games would be pretty quiet.

Well I think outdoor football is in our future, I don't see anyone stepping up to build another dome. It will just be way too expensive.

TAILG8R
10-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Well I think outdoor football is in our future, I don't see anyone stepping up to build another dome. It will just be way too expensive.

I tend to agree with the point that outdoor football will have to be in our future but I am not convinced that people now or in 20-30 years who live with every convenience imaginable are going to want to be out in the elements regardless of the entertainment value on the field especially not 30k that will sit out in the snow and wind and worse.

NDSUstudent
10-15-2014, 02:09 AM
I tend to agree with the point that outdoor football will have to be in our future but I am not convinced that people now or in 20-30 years who live with every convenience imaginable are going to want to be out in the elements regardless of the entertainment value on the field especially not 30k that will sit out in the snow and wind and worse.

It will be a culture change that is for sure if it ever happens, it will definitely separate the diehards from the bandwagoners. The Montana schools do make it work though, so I guess there is that. Although the weather here is a bit more extreme.

I wonder if you could build an outdoor stadium enclosed enough to keep the wind down, that would be the major challenge. I can sit out in 20 degree weather and feel fine but you get a roaring wind and well it certainly becomes way less appealing. The open airy stadiums from the south that lakes likes talk about certainly won't cut the mustard up here.

56BISON73
10-15-2014, 02:19 AM

Last year---How many would have been in the stands when it was 17 below and 20 plus wind?
No need to build a bigger stadium if people arent going to show up due to harsh weather.

El_Chapo
10-15-2014, 03:18 AM
Best TCF experience ever was 10 degree snowing blizzard game for Vikings bears. It was a blast!

@ Montana state game was cold as hell. NDSU fans tailgated like champs.

Build a $80 million 40,000 seat stadium in between the fargodome and SHAC. Put overhangs up high behind the upper deck If the wind is blocked it won't be that bad!!

In FBS the last games are November 10 or so.. Get over it people

natstar1
10-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Build a $80 million 40,000 seat stadium in between the fargodome and SHAC. Put overhangs up high behind the upper deck If the wind is blocked it won't be that bad!!

$80 seems very cheap to me. Isn't a more realistic price $200+?

In FBS the last games are November 10 or so.. Get over it people
November 29th this season.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/14

NDSUstudent
10-15-2014, 03:40 AM
$80 seems very cheap to me. Isn't a more realistic price $200+?

November 29th this season.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/14

Winnipeg spent $200 million on a 33k seat stadium that can be expanded to 40k. I guess they would be our outdoor stadium model since it also seems somewhat enclosed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aECYOZeH6BI

El_Chapo
10-15-2014, 03:46 AM
Our conference won't schedule us in last week, or just maybe we could be known for being a tough ass team in a tough guy town with a tough ass defense!!

Strongman
10-15-2014, 04:49 AM
We actually don't need a new stadium for the first 3 to 5 years WHEN we move up. Sell outs @ FargoDome would be @ the top in actual attendance in the MAC and Sunbelt.
Ideally, we need a 35,000 seat stadium soon thereafter.

Strongman
10-15-2014, 04:59 AM

The Sunbelt Conference for football only is not absurd as it sounds @ first blush. It's 5 dates of more jet fuel and travel expenses. However, NDSU gets a share of Sunbelt TV contract. And increased opportunity to play an SEC team in a nonconference game.

56BISON73
10-15-2014, 05:08 AM
The Sunbelt Conference for football only is not absurd as it sounds @ first blush. It's 5 dates of more jet fuel and travel expenses. However, NDSU gets a share of Sunbelt TV contract. And increased opportunity to play an SEC team in a nonconference game.

Soooooo thats the upside for moving up? Tv money and a ooc game?

Strongman
10-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Playoffs. The bowl system will be eradicated within 10 years.

Strongman
10-15-2014, 05:15 AM

Impossible. Happened once in a 100 years.

56BISON73
10-15-2014, 05:22 AM

You are assuming a lot. I would not risk the future of NDSU on your prognostications.

natstar1
10-15-2014, 06:05 AM
If you don't think there will be a Big Boy 16 team playoff with 5 years due to the millions in TV revenue, you sir are naive.

First it was "5 years" now its "10 years" how do we know it won't be 20 in a couple months?

MNLonghorn10
10-15-2014, 11:58 AM
You are assuming a lot. I would not risk the future of NDSU on your prognostications.

honestly, after the upcoming Iowa game...what is there to risk?

NorthernBison
10-15-2014, 12:50 PM
NorthernBison is actually a UND fan? color me shocked
I, apparently, am according to El Lako. I actually graduated from NDSU in 1984 and have been contributing to NDSU every year since. I don't publicy criticize the President when he hires an AD and I don't take shots at the AD's credentials in public forums. I wonder who they would listen to in a real discussion. Any guesses? Seriously, if the above suggestion by Lakes of a way to get an outdoor stadium was serious, we're talking to a CHILD. Of course, I already knew that based on PM's over the years, his neg rep fetish, and his insistence on accusing everybody who disagrees with him a UND fan or worse. Good grief. I know who will continue to support NDSU with their checkbook and who won't. Everybody knows that and it won't change.

MNLonghorn10
10-15-2014, 12:56 PM
So what do you think your favorite teams new name is gonna be??

Herd80
10-15-2014, 01:24 PM
I, apparently, am according to El Lako. I actually graduated from NDSU in 1984 and have been contributing to NDSU every year since. I don't publicy criticize the President when he hires an AD and I don't take shots at the AD's credentials in public forums. I wonder who they would listen to in a real discussion. Any guesses? Seriously, if the above suggestion by Lakes of a way to get an outdoor stadium was serious, we're talking to a CHILD. Of course, I already knew that based on PM's over the years, his neg rep fetish, and his insistence on accusing everybody who disagrees with him a UND fan or worse. Good grief. I know who will continue to support NDSU with their checkbook and who won't. Everybody knows that and it won't change.

Quoted for a whole bunch of truthiness

El_Chapo
10-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Dam right im going to voice a concern when i see one. But Click on his forum posts. Make your own conclusion. Now stop interrupting our discussion with personal attacks and get back to the "forward thinkers" group.

Easily an outdoor stadium could work and money would be raised instantly you would not believe how quickly it'd be raised with football. Football is KING around here we all know it.

I still want to see our Pres/AD selling and pitching NDSU to mountain west/MAC/Sun Belt in that order. Gene Taylor could've done more he had the name recognition to request a meeting with the conference commissioners, maybe Dean will take over this role and contact these 3 conferences.....There hasn't been 1 public confirmation that anyone from NDSU has sales pitched there 3 .....or even let me know that NDSU is "interested" if called upon.

missingnumber7
10-15-2014, 02:12 PM
We actually don't need a new stadium for the first 3 to 5 years WHEN we move up. Sell outs @ FargoDome would be @ the top in actual attendance in the MAC and Sunbelt.
Ideally, we need a 35,000 seat stadium soon thereafter.

I invite you to check your math, unless you are subscribing to the take out the columns method of counting.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013.pdf

Buffalo 6 games 136418 total 22736 ave
NIU 5 games 103334 total 20669 ave
Toledo 6 games 110803 total 18467 ave

NDSU 9 games 167600 total 18622 ave

I was going to say the playoffs boosted that, but the playoffs actually dropped the ave by about 80.

Now add a week night game in there and I am willing to bet that attendance drops at least 10 if not 20%.

missingnumber7
10-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Dam right im going to voice a concern when i see one. But Click on his forum posts. Make your own conclusion. Now stop interrupting our discussion with personal attacks and get back to the "forward thinkers" group.

Easily an outdoor stadium could work and money would be raised instantly you would not believe how quickly it'd be raised with football. Football is KING around here we all know it.

I still want to see our Pres/AD selling and pitching NDSU to mountain west/MAC/Sun Belt in that order. Gene Taylor could've done more he had the name recognition to request a meeting with the conference commissioners, maybe Dean will take over this role and contact these 3 conferences.....There hasn't been 1 public confirmation that anyone from NDSU has sales pitched there 3 .....or even let me know that NDSU is "interested" if called upon.

Why would we call the Sun Belt? You've said some utterly insane things, but this tops the cake. The Sun Belt is a step backwards, remember if you are making the move at this point you are going for all sports. So you basically are going to triple the travel budget if not more than that for the Sunbelt, at least double for the MWC.

And the whole accusing people of being UN? fans as you backup to everything is getting old. You would think you have something original...but you are definately beyond that.

semobison
10-15-2014, 10:35 PM

Sorry, but saying things over and over and over again does not make a discussion and is hardly forward thinking!! The Sun Belt.... Really?

56BISON73
10-15-2014, 10:50 PM

Just because you didnt here of it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

And no an outdoor stadium in Fargo is not a good idea.

No_Skill
10-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Winnipeg spent $200 million on a 33k seat stadium that can be expanded to 40k. I guess they would be our outdoor stadium model since it also seems somewhat enclosed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aECYOZeH6BI

You'd think for $200 mil they would put the goalpost in the right spot.

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 01:26 AM
Mountain West is the #1 choice
MAC is the #2 choice
Sun belt if first 2 fail.

BlueBisonRock
10-16-2014, 01:49 AM
MAC is the #2 choice

B12 is the only choice. The rest represent mediocrity. Go Big or go home.

Now, go get the invite.

Hammersmith
10-16-2014, 02:10 AM
B12 is the only choice. The rest represent mediocrity. Go Big or go home.

Now, go get the invite.

Might I present a small counter-argument? I think it's pretty clear that going to the Big 12 straight from FCS is just not going to happen. But what if there were discussions between interested parties like NDSU, ESPN & the Big 12? What if they said (internally) that the Big 12 might be an option if NDSU were to prove itself in a lower FBS conference first. Say, the MAC? Maybe five years to become a little more than just competitive? Contend for the conference title a time or two?

Now I'm not saying any of this is happening. In fact, I'm a lot less certain of ESPN backing us in anything, much less something as big as a conference invite, than I was before the second GameDay visit. But I'm just asking if you would view a move to the MAC(or MWC or even SBC) as acceptable if it was the first step toward a Big 12 move? Just curious for your answer.

Lakes: Do not for one second view this post as me supporting your views. I don't. Not in the least. You and I are worlds apart on this topic, and I'll thank you to not drag me into another one of your lying babbles. I'm sorry, I meant your calmly reasoned, slight exaggerations.

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 02:22 AM
There's no lying, it's speculation. Hammer you're the man

If Texas/Oklahoma goes to SEC the big 12 would look different.
Or you get to the MWC/MAC like now, succeed, then 5 years later use as springboard to big 12
It's be nice to have a stadium plan in place in case something happens.
All this is moot if NDSU admin isn't out selling and proactively pimpin NDSU!

Strongman
10-16-2014, 04:51 AM
First it was "5 years" now its "10 years" how do we know it won't be 20 in a couple months?

You will still have some shit bowls when playoffs first expand.

Strongman
10-16-2014, 04:55 AM
I invite you to check your math, unless you are subscribing to the take out the columns method of counting.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013.pdf

Buffalo 6 games 136418 total 22736 ave
NIU 5 games 103334 total 20669 ave
Toledo 6 games 110803 total 18467 ave

NDSU 9 games 167600 total 18622 ave

I was going to say the playoffs boosted that, but the playoffs actually dropped the ave by about 80.

Now add a week night game in there and I am willing to bet that attendance drops at least 10 if not 20%.

I said actual attendance. MAC schools have inflated #s for years. Research and look up articles on subject.

Strongman
10-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Why would we call the Sun Belt? You've said some utterly insane things, but this tops the cake. The Sun Belt is a step backwards, remember if you are making the move at this point you are going for all sports. So you basically are going to triple the travel budget if not more than that for the Sunbelt, at least double for the MWC.

And the whole accusing people of being UN? fans as you backup to everything is getting old. You would think you have something original...but you are definately beyond that.

Why? We stay in Summit for all sports except football.

bisonpride4ever
10-16-2014, 05:08 AM
This guy is beat writer for the trees.

https://twitter.com/tribstartodd/status/522594180443688961

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

El_Chapo
10-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Excelllent..........no wait MWC not MVC. #idiots.

missingnumber7
10-16-2014, 03:00 PM
I said actual attendance. MAC schools have inflated #s for years. Research and look up articles on subject.

CMU, EMU have definately inflated, but NIU's are fairly legit, and I wouldn't totally doubt Buffalo's either. Also ironic when playoffs come to NDSU the attendance drops because they count through the gate attendance. Just sayin.

The NCAA only care's about reported numbers, and you stated that NDSU would be #1 when the fact is we don't have the capacity to compete with some of these schools.

Tatanka
10-16-2014, 03:13 PM
. Also ironic when playoffs come to NDSU the attendance drops because they count through the gate attendance. Just sayin..

Not entirely accurate statement here. There are other exclusions. Just sayin..

56BISON73
10-16-2014, 03:48 PM
MAC is the #2 choice

Answer this question. If there are NO invites to any conferences even after extensive pr campaigns what would you have NDSU do?

56BISON73
10-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Why? We stay in Summit for all sports except football.

What if no conference will have us?

natstar1
10-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Answer this question. If there are NO invites to any conferences even after extensive pr campaigns what would you have NDSU do?
If you're dead set going FBS you campaign year after year the conferences you want an invite from.

It worked for UND in finally getting a game with us.

56BISON73
10-16-2014, 08:09 PM
If you're dead set going FBS you campaign year after year the conferences you want an invite from.

It worked for UND in finally getting a game with us.

But they want to move up NOW.

oh my the UND game? That was going to happen. It wasnt a question of if ,it was just a question of when.

Strongman
10-16-2014, 09:46 PM
North Dakota State joining the Sun Belt for football only is not as absurd as it sounds especially if they move up with teams from MVC and/or Big Sky. NDSU, Northern Iowa, South Dakota, SDSU, Montana, Montana State, and Eastern Washington join the Sun Belt or some combination thereof. Sun Belt protects itself with a Super Conference and a title game. Hence, the aforementioned teams along with Idaho and New Mexico State form the West Division of the Conference.

The idea is not as absurd as the Big Sky Commissioner has talked smack about the whole conference moving up--which, in my opinion, is not plausible. Conferences expansion and the assimilation of teams for protection is going to happen.
Within 5 years, the Big Five will probably be down to 3 or 4 conferences. (You know the SEC is going to keep expanding.) And the other 5 conferences will probably be down to 3 or 4 conferences.

As a practical matter NDSU would be in a "local" regionalized conference (West Division of the Sun Belt). But would have to travel for the annual Sun Belt title game and the occasional East Division opponent.

56BISON73
10-16-2014, 10:04 PM
North Dakota State joining the Sun Belt for football only is not as absurd as it sounds especially if they move up with teams from MVC and/or Big Sky. NDSU, Northern Iowa, South Dakota, SDSU, Montana, Montana State, and Eastern Washington join the Sun Belt or some combination thereof. Sun Belt protects itself with a Super Conference and a title game. Hence, the aforementioned teams along with Idaho and New Mexico State form the West Division of the Conference.

The idea is not as absurd as the Big Sky Commissioner has talked smack about the whole conference moving up--which, in my opinion, is not plausible. Conferences expansion and the assimilation of teams for protection is going to happen.
Within 5 years, the Big Five will probably be down to 3 or 4 conferences. (You know the SEC is going to keep expanding.) And the other 5 conferences will probably be down to 3 or 4 conferences.

As a practical matter NDSU would be in a "local" regionalized conference (West Division of the Sun Belt). But would have to travel for the annual Sun Belt title game and the occasional East Division opponent.

Obviously you havent read SV over at SS. The only way NDSU goes FBS is by joining the Big Fluffy. Their commissioner supposedly has the inside track on this maneuver. Thats why GT left because he couldnt stand the thought of being in the same conference with the UN-. S our current pres told him to leave. Hey he. has it on good authority that this is true.

Oh nice try.

BisonNation11
10-16-2014, 10:04 PM
So now instead of getting one team a conference invite, you want to get an entire conference? How is that any easier?

56BISON73
10-16-2014, 10:05 PM
So now instead of getting one team a conference invite, you want to get an entire conference? How is that any easier?

This just keeps getting better doesnt it.

BisonNation11
10-16-2014, 10:09 PM
This just keeps getting better doesnt it.

I didn't think it could, but I've been proven wrong once again. Let me try... SEC, PUMP IT UP!

El_Chapo
10-17-2014, 02:28 AM
NEW NEWS ON NDSU TO FBS:

http://conferenceexpansion.com

With only ten schools and Karl Benson wanting a conference championship in the Sun Belt, he would most likely petition the president to take North Dakota State as a football-only member

El_Chapo
10-17-2014, 02:51 AM
2 divisions:

Arkansas State
UL Lafayette
South Alabama
UL Monroe
Appalachian State
Liberty

Georgia Southern
Georgia State
Texas St
Troy
Idaho
NDSU

NDSU with Idaho, rivals Georgia Southern and Troy (d2 days) and easy flights to Atlanta and Texas

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 02:57 AM
NEW NEWS ON NDSU TO FBS:

http://conferenceexpansion.com

With only ten schools and Karl Benson wanting a conference championship in the Sun Belt, he would most likely petition the president to take North Dakota State as a football-only member

ahhh THE article doesnt say that.

Hammerhead
10-17-2014, 03:14 AM
I did hear people on the radio wondering if the Big XII will be looking to add 2 more teams so they can have a conference championship game to increase the chances of making the playoffs.

El_Chapo
10-17-2014, 03:45 AM
ahhh THE article doesnt say that.

You guys don't have to PM me his stuff, but I have to defend his lie.

Are you blind? It's towards the bottom. Shut up.

If I was one of the presidents or the commissioner, it would be a tough choice but I would choose UT-San Antonio. The facilities and fan base alone would tip the scales in their favor. C-USA would have to fill the void with a western school they would choose between New Mexico State and Texas State. New Mexico State would get the nod because C-USA needs a rival for UTEP that is in close proximity to them. With only ten schools and Karl Benson wanting a conference championship in the Sun Belt, he would most likely petition the president to take North Dakota State as a football-only member while adding Liberty or Eastern Kentucky as a full-member. Another alternative altogether would be Air Force staying in the MWC and breaking this chain of events

NorthernBison
10-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Hip hip hooray. Some Sioux Volley type blogger throws together a rambling treatise about conference realignment that mentions NDSU.

Who knows. Maybe the Sun Belt will come calling. The prospect of playing the teams in that conference for a chance to play in an obscure Bowl game doesn't seem exciting. That conference is like the misfits of college football.

I'll trust the new AD and Dean to make that decision.

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 05:01 AM
You guys don't have to PM me his stuff, but I have to defend his lie.

Are you blind? It's towards the bottom. Shut up.

If I was one of the presidents or the commissioner, it would be a tough choice but I would choose UT-San Antonio. The facilities and fan base alone would tip the scales in their favor. C-USA would have to fill the void with a western school they would choose between New Mexico State and Texas State. New Mexico State would get the nod because C-USA needs a rival for UTEP that is in close proximity to them. With only ten schools and Karl Benson wanting a conference championship in the Sun Belt, he would most likely petition the president to take North Dakota State as a football-only member while adding Liberty or Eastern Kentucky as a full-member. Another alternative altogether would be Air Force staying in the MWC and breaking this chain of events

Sam
You are correct. That little snippet wasnt in the the main talking points of NDSU in another part of that website.. I was wrong.

But If you want to shut me up you know where I tailgate. Feel free to come over and try.

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 05:04 AM
Hip hip hooray. Some Sioux Volley type blogger throws together a rambling treatise about conference realignment that mentions NDSU.

Who knows. Maybe the Sun Belt will come calling. The prospect of playing the teams in that conference for a chance to play in an obscure Bowl game doesn't seem exciting. That conference is like the misfits of college football.

I'll trust the new AD and Dean to make that decision.

:biggrin::biggrin: Ditto. But they mentioned NDSU so its gotta be true----right?

Thats like saying lakes far flung scenarios are also news.

unbison
10-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Sam
You are correct. That little snippet wasnt in the the main talking points of NDSU in another part of that website.. I was wrong.

But If you want to shut me up you know where I tailgate. Feel free to come over and try.

How old are we boys meet me behind the school after the bell rings

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 05:14 PM
How old are we boys meet me behind the school after the bell rings

A lot of shit got settled in that scenario. Doubt he has the nuts to do so at any age.

unbison
10-17-2014, 05:21 PM
A lot of shit got settled in that scenario. Doubt he has the nuts to do so at any age. Kind of like when the guy from Montana who showed up and he denied the threats and all the crap he said. Kind of a theme with him. Talk shit then fold up like a cheap suit case when confronted about it.
Confront about what him wanting to go fbs and you not wanting to wtf .... How absurd....

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Confront about what him wanting to go fbs and you not wanting to wtf .... How absurd....

No it has nothing to do with his FBS BS. Really????? Has more to do with his vulgar pms and threats.

unbison
10-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Absolutely absurd....pat time to grow up..... Your just as guilty as him of making this absurd it's bs

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=unbison;930206]Absolutely absurd....pat time to grow up..... Your just as guilty as him of making this absurd it's bs[/QUOTE

So he told me to shut up and I am being absurd? Yeah ok you go with that.

El_Chapo
10-17-2014, 05:40 PM
wow. just wow. and im the 1 who gets banned.

theres a reason the ignore feature works.

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 05:42 PM
wow. just wow. and im the 1 who gets banned.

theres a reason the ignore feature works.

Then use it.

missingnumber7
10-17-2014, 06:11 PM
2 divisions:

Arkansas State
UL Lafayette
South Alabama
UL Monroe
Appalachian State
Liberty

Georgia Southern
Georgia State
Texas St
Troy
Idaho
NDSU

NDSU with Idaho, rivals Georgia Southern and Troy (d2 days) and easy flights to Atlanta and Texas

So you like the idea of moving up for this...games against a team that isn't even remotely driveable for a road game for 90% of the fanbase and thats the closest game. The only good part of a schedule like that is that the visitors sections tickets would go on sale the week of the game and more people could go because they sure as heck aren't coming to Fargo.

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 06:39 PM
So you like the idea of moving up for this...games against a team that isn't even remotely driveable for a road game for 90% of the fanbase and thats the closest game. The only good part of a schedule like that is that the visitors sections tickets would go on sale the week of the game and more people could go because they sure as heck aren't coming to Fargo.

With us moving to MN in the future we certainly would miss more away games. All of those are a long haul. Certainly not in our recruiting foot print.

missingnumber7
10-17-2014, 06:55 PM
With us moving to MN in the future we certainly would miss more away games. All of those are a long haul. Certainly not in our recruiting foot print.

I would feel for road in that situation...TSCF would have to teach him to travel hack.

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 06:59 PM
I would feel for road in that situation...TSCF would have to teach him to travel hack.

Whats funny is even if I stayed in AR most of those games would still be a long haul.

NorthernBison
10-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Whats funny is even if I stayed in AR most of those games would still be a long haul.
Not to mention that most of those teams would struggle in the MVFC. A move UP??? Definitely not.

Answer Guy
10-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Doubt he has the nuts to do so at any age.

That would be cojones in this case?

Strongman
10-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Not to mention that most of those teams would struggle in the MVFC. A move UP??? Definitely not.

LMAO. That is such an absurd statement: "Most of those teams would struggle in the MVFC." Hyperbole at its finest.

NorthernBison
10-17-2014, 10:20 PM
LMAO. That is such an absurd statement: "Most of those teams would struggle in the MVFC." Hyperbole at its finest.

Quite a few would. The top if the MVFC would eat some of those teams alive.

marenlee
10-17-2014, 10:24 PM

I watch my fair share of Sunbelt football. They continue to get worse every year. The only two teams that have shown promise to be decent teams are Arkansas State and Georgia Southern. Troy, Ga St, Idaho, NMSU, and App State are among the worst FBS programs right now. Troy lost to a freaking transitional D1 team Abilene Christian (still D2 at heart). I live down here and no one gives a crap about the Sunbelt.

Honeybooboo
10-17-2014, 10:30 PM
I watch my fair share of Sunbelt football. They continue to get worse every year. The only two teams that have shown promise to be decent teams are Arkansas State and Georgia Southern. Troy, Ga St, Idaho, NMSU, and App State are among the worst FBS programs right now. Troy lost to a freaking transitional D1 team Abilene Christian (still D2 at heart). I live down here and no one gives a crap about the Sunbelt.

I live up here and no one gives a crap about the Sunbelt

56BISON73
10-17-2014, 10:41 PM
I live up here and no one gives a crap about the Sunbelt

I live in AR and I dont follow ASU. I know its in Jonesboro but thats it. Funny I dont think I ever hear anyone down here talking about it either.

NorthernBison
10-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Georgia State beat Abilene Christian by a single point. I'm thinking Strongman is clueless.

Idaho really cracks me up. They can't compete in the Big Sky so they stayed in the SB.

El_Chapo
10-17-2014, 10:46 PM
FBS by name is still viewed as better.

We are the best by far in the FCS 49-2!!! We are better than this division it's already been proven.

To get to a P5 we need to hit a G5 first and win. Duh.

Beating a big 12 big 10 (Kansas & Iowa?) And a cupcake then going 8-0 in sunbelt would put NDSU into a 8 team playoff. (It'll be 8 teams within 3 years once they see how big this will be!)

bisonaudit
10-17-2014, 10:51 PM
8 of these clubs Sagarin projects w/in a TD of USD on a neutral field.

NorthernBison
10-17-2014, 11:14 PM
No Sun Belt team as the conference exists now will EVER be selected for a playoff spot. Even if it was 16 teams.

marenlee
10-18-2014, 12:27 AM
No Sun Belt team as the conference exists now will EVER be selected for a playoff spot. Even if it was 16 teams.

12-0/13-0 G5 team (even the Sunbelt) "should" be able to make a 16 team playoff. However, a 16 team playoff is not on the horizon. Marshall, which will probably run the table this year and go 13-0, has almost no chance to make the playoff this year. Even in an 8 team playoff (which it will be eventually) Marshall would have very little chance.

NorthernBison
10-18-2014, 12:30 AM
12-0/13-0 G5 team (even the Sunbelt) "should" be able to make a 16 team playoff. However, a 16 team playoff is not on the horizon. Marshall, which will probably run the table this year and go 13-0, has almost no chance to make the playoff this year. Even in an 8 team playoff (which it will be eventually) Marshall would have very little chance.

You're probably correct. Marshall at 13-0 has ZERO chance this season. I do think 8 teams is eventually where it will go. I won't see a 16 team playoff.

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 02:32 AM

Well if anyone knows hyperbole you do. :bowdown:

Strongman
10-18-2014, 02:41 AM
Nobody outside of the region gives a shit about the MVC--if we want to be objective.

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Nobody outside of the region gives a shit about the MVC--if we want to be objective.

Seriously---I dont care that they dont care. My fandom has no bearing on the division we play in. My happiness or self esteem has no bearing on the the division we play in.

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 03:07 AM
Strongman good point. I'm watching Boise State right now on tv Dayum that could be NDSU!!

Strongman
10-18-2014, 03:10 AM
So why the utter hate and opposition to move up to a football only conference? The Sunbelt or MAC would be a stepping stone. It would be analogous to the Great West. NDSU builds its national brand, builds a new stadium, wins some conference titles and perhaps gets some playoff berths during the next 10 years. NDSU cannot join a Big Five conference now. However, with success at the next level, it would be achievable in 20 to 25 years. Rome was not built in a day.

Strongman
10-18-2014, 03:13 AM
Strongman good point. I'm watching Boise State right now on tv Dayum that could be NDSU!!

Boise State and MWC sucks. MVC is way better. Who the hell wants to be on ESPN on Friday night? KVLY is much better! :)

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 03:20 AM
So why the utter hate and opposition to move up to a football only conference? The Sunbelt or MAC would be a stepping stone. It would be analogous to the Great West. NDSU builds its national brand, builds a new stadium, wins some conference titles and perhaps gets some playoff berths during the next 10 years. NDSU cannot join a Big Five conference now. However, with success at the next level, it would be achievable in 20 to 25 years. Rome was not built in a day.

There is no utter hate and opposition to a move up. Most would favor a move up IF it put us in a better position and involved a playoff AND was the best move for NDSU as a whole.. The opposition comes from having to listen to continual mindless blather to a move up with no realistic plan on how to achieve it. You just dont wave a magic wand and move. Especially when there has been no forth coming invitation. Of course the logistics of a move are much more complicated.

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Strongman there is alot of talk about what needs to be done for NDSU to achieve this. This new AD scares the crap out of the FBS movement group. (F.M.G) NDSU needed a fundraiser and salesperson and experienced man that conferences would listen to.

That's the plan A) sell NDSU to a FBS conference B) prove that we are worthy of an invite C) talk new stadium or find nore revenue/fundraising

bisonpride4ever
10-18-2014, 03:28 AM
As both a football conference and a beer, GrainBelt > SunBelt

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

NDSUstudent
10-18-2014, 03:37 AM
I think the FBS deck chairs could reshuffle again, that could create an opportunity but the chairs need to shuffle. Our AD can't cause other conferences to realign, he can only try to position us if it happens.

Chapo you should be hoping everyday that the Big 12 sees that 12 schools is the way to go. That will set things in motion right on down the line and could create some opportunities.

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 03:39 AM
Or Hawaii gets dumped by MWC & Colorado St/Wyoming/Air Force goes to bat for NDSU to stay east.

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Strongman there is alot of talk about what needs to be done for NDSU to achieve this. This new AD scares the crap out of the FBS movement group. (F.M.G) NDSU needed a fundraiser and salesperson and experienced man that conferences would listen to.

That's the plan A) sell NDSU to a FBS conference B) prove that we are worthy of an invite C) talk new stadium or find nore revenue/fundraising

How are you going to implement your plan? You have no standing with ndsu or tm.

unbison
10-18-2014, 04:35 AM
How are you going to implement your plan? You have no standing with ndsu or tm.

I would guess as alumni he is forever tied to ndsu pl

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 05:00 AM
Don't quote him unbison, I like ignore.

FOUND THIS ON EXPANSION BLOG TONIGHT:

TWISTING THE KNIFE DEEPER- When NMSU bolts, the Sun Belt will be left with ten football schools and eleven all-sports schools, not the ideal setup for Karl Benson and the presidents in the SBC. Usually, two schools that the Sun Belt would acquire would bring along all of their sports but if that were to happen, they would have an inordinate amount of Olympic-sports members in their conference. If they wanted a football-only member, a great candidate would be North Dakota State. North Dakota State has become the new Appalachian State at the FCS level by winning three straight national titles. NDSU is white-hot and Benson has been in contact with them in the past. If NDSU wants to keep up with the arms race, they should at least consider moving up to FBS level. If NDSU joined the SBC, it would give Idaho a nominal travel partner. Certainly, Fargo, ND is a lot closer to Moscow, ID than say Atlanta, GA. That takes care of the football only school; now comes the quagmire of adding an all-sports member. I have already wrote an article about the candidates for the SBC and I still Liberty is pound for pound, the best school available because of finances, potential growth factor, consistency in all sports, and its proximity to App State.

Expansion has caused ripples and scars throughout all of college sports. It has torn apart conferences and time-honored traditions but as long as the rivers flow and the mountains tower above the sky, hopefully, so will college sports.

td577
10-18-2014, 05:06 AM

That plan sucks and here is why.

A. The sun belt does nothing for 95% of Bison alum or fans. Nor does the MAC or WAC or most of the mid major type conferences. Big 12 or bust. Maybe MWC. At the very least, see where everyone is after the music stops because I think a lot of those conferences will be looking at the MVFC and Big Sky to round out the new division 1.

B. If we were to move up, we don't need our admin running around begging conferences for an invite. We let ESPN do the dirty work. As they start seeing the picture develop, they will dictate who goes where because they have the most money in the pot that would most effect the levek NDSU will end up. The new D1.

C. We don't build a stadium until we know where we are at and how the TV money looks. That is just good economics. We may not need a new stadium. I think division 4 will happen. The G5 conferences are in freaking football purgatory right now. They will soon have nothing. No chance at the BCS playoffs and no playoffs of their own. FCS already has the D1 model that works for them. It would bode well for the G5 schools to team up with the top third or so of FCS and have its own division, with playoffs. NDSU may already have the perfect size stadium for the new D1. It's ok to control supply.

The bottom line is NDSU doesn't have to do anything right now except be NDSU. Keep winning, keep selling out the dome, keep traveling well, and keep being good Gameday hosts. The rest will fall in place and we will be right where we are supposed to be. For God's sake, we don't ever have to beg the Sunbelt to let us in. We are NDSU. They're not.

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 05:18 AM
G5 WILL NOT DUMSPTER DIVE TO BE IN FCS. that's a suicide move for them and their egos

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 05:33 AM
I would guess as alumni he is forever tied to ndsu pl
May be official standing is a better choice of words. And I know you are smart enough not to go down the road on his standing within the athletic dept and TM.

Its game day----GO BISON!!!!!!

missingnumber7
10-18-2014, 05:35 AM
G5 WILL NOT DUMSPTER DIVE TO BE IN FCS. that's a suicide move for them and their egos

The G5 needs to figure out what they want to become and the best thing for them is a true playoff. To swallow up the FCS, or at least look at what is the best option to do with the FCS and some situations that exist. The G5 come in, good bye SWAC, NEC, and MEAC. Ivy do you want to play in the playoffs or not, if not see ya. Then regionalize whats left. This brings a tremendous shift of power in the G5 to the west from the East, but will balance out the 2nd level of College FB, but you are talking 5 to 10 years from now. After no G5 team has made the playoffs with an undefeated record more than once.

td577
10-18-2014, 06:47 AM

They are not going to have a choice. You still have the P5 conferenes about 6 schools short. BYU and Notre Dame take up two of those and then they will do whatever they can to not include the academies. So now there will be a fight for 4 slots. Boise State, USF, UCF, Cincinnati, Fresno State, maybe Houston, and a couple of other schools I can't think of that are probably on some short lists to get all the power 5 conferences to 14 teams each. Or, maybe they go with 2 more teams and make up 4 16 team conferences with each having two 8 team divisions with 7 game division schedules and conference championships leading into a final four and a championship. That would be some serious money. Either way you have the G5 conferences sitting around 10-15 schools short of five 14 school conferences or four 16 school conferences. Where are they going to go for that? They aren't going to dump an entire conference. That doesn't make any sense. They will "dumpster dive" in FCS to take the top 10-15 programs to fill in the gaps and have the new second tier, which will be the new D1 with their own playoff system with the bonus system of getting one P5 team a year on the schedule. That will be the buy out clause to make everyone happy. The reality here is that the P5 is going to get their D4. It is going to happen. With all fun and games aside, NDSU is not going to be part of D4. They are going to be part of D1 with the rest of the G5 conferences. It isn't that they are dumpster diving, it will be survival. NDSU won't need to ask for an invite because they will be included by default along with at least 6 other schools with automatic invites to the new D1. Montana, Montana State, EWU, UNI, YSU, SIU, and NDSU would be shoe ins from just the north and north west. I can't think of any other schools right now outside the MVFC and Big Sky except Sam Houston State. That is your reality.

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 10:58 AM
They are not going to have a choice. You still have the P5 conferenes about 6 schools short. BYU and Notre Dame take up two of those and then they will do whatever they can to not include the academies. So now there will be a fight for 4 slots. Boise State, USF, UCF, Cincinnati, Fresno State, maybe Houston, and a couple of other schools I can't think of that are probably on some short lists to get all the power 5 conferences to 14 teams each. Or, maybe they go with 2 more teams and make up 4 16 team conferences with each having two 8 team divisions with 7 game division schedules and conference championships leading into a final four and a championship. That would be some serious money. Either way you have the G5 conferences sitting around 10-15 schools short of five 14 school conferences or four 16 school conferences. Where are they going to go for that? They aren't going to dump an entire conference. That doesn't make any sense. They will "dumpster dive" in FCS to take the top 10-15 programs to fill in the gaps and have the new second tier, which will be the new D1 with their own playoff system with the bonus system of getting one P5 team a year on the schedule. That will be the buy out clause to make everyone happy. The reality here is that the P5 is going to get their D4. It is going to happen. With all fun and games aside, NDSU is not going to be part of D4. They are going to be part of D1 with the rest of the G5 conferences. It isn't that they are dumpster diving, it will be survival. NDSU won't need to ask for an invite because they will be included by default along with at least 6 other schools with automatic invites to the new D1. Montana, Montana State, EWU, UNI, YSU, SIU, and NDSU would be shoe ins from just the north and north west. I can't think of any other schools right now outside the MVFC and Big Sky except Sam Houston State. That is your reality.

Nicely thought out.

1998braves64
10-18-2014, 11:25 AM

Said it well in other words it will not be dumpster diving the G5 conferences will be either inviting the top FCS schools or asking them to move up and form a conference to round out the numbers.

56BISON73
10-18-2014, 11:39 AM
The G5 needs to figure out what they want to become and the best thing for them is a true playoff. To swallow up the FCS, or at least look at what is the best option to do with the FCS and some situations that exist. The G5 come in, good bye SWAC, NEC, and MEAC. Ivy do you want to play in the playoffs or not, if not see ya. Then regionalize whats left. This brings a tremendous shift of power in the G5 to the west from the East, but will balance out the 2nd level of College FB, but you are talking 5 to 10 years from now. After no G5 team has made the playoffs with an undefeated record more than once.

I think you are correct. This isn't going to happen over night. Many years before this settles out.

NorthernBison
10-18-2014, 11:55 AM
I think you are correct. This isn't going to happen over night. Many years before this settles out.

Yes it will take a while. This is the first year of the playoff and the committee hasn't even picked its first field of four teams.

Give it a few years and a chance for multiple teams and conferences to feel like they got the shaft.

That will drive a movement to increase the size of the field. Most likely to 8 teams.

That's where the real eye opener will be for the G5 programs. They will still get left out (regardless of record) and it will be clear that they are second class to the P5 conferences and are fighting a losing battle.

It's like the days in the schoolyard. Ignore some long enough and eventually they get the message and go away. Cruel but necessary.

No_Skill
10-18-2014, 12:47 PM

Didn't Rome fall after they over reached their bounds? Hmmmm

Strongman
10-18-2014, 06:25 PM
That plan sucks and here is why.

A. The sun belt does nothing for 95% of Bison alum or fans. Nor does the MAC or WAC or most of the mid major type conferences. Big 12 or bust. Maybe MWC. At the very least, see where everyone is after the music stops because I think a lot of those conferences will be looking at the MVFC and Big Sky to round out the new division 1.

B. If we were to move up, we don't need our admin running around begging conferences for an invite. We let ESPN do the dirty work. As they start seeing the picture develop, they will dictate who goes where because they have the most money in the pot that would most effect the levek NDSU will end up. The new D1.

C. We don't build a stadium until we know where we are at and how the TV money looks. That is just good economics. We may not need a new stadium. I think division 4 will happen. The G5 conferences are in freaking football purgatory right now. They will soon have nothing. No chance at the BCS playoffs and no playoffs of their own. FCS already has the D1 model that works for them. It would bode well for the G5 schools to team up with the top third or so of FCS and have its own division, with playoffs. NDSU may already have the perfect size stadium for the new D1. It's ok to control supply.

The bottom line is NDSU doesn't have to do anything right now except be NDSU. Keep winning, keep selling out the dome, keep traveling well, and keep being good Gameday hosts. The rest will fall in place and we will be right where we are supposed to be. For God's sake, we don't ever have to beg the Sunbelt to let us in. We are NDSU. They're not.

1) MWC would be an ideal conference for NDSU. Did you watch their game on ESPN last night?

2) WE NEED A STADIUM WHETHER WE MOVE UP OR STAY PUT. We could be drawing 24,000 per game currently. Growth is retarded because we are stuck at 18,900 forever. 30,000 to 35,000 is what we need--with expansion to 45,000 to 50,000.

3) Ever played poker? NDSU needs to bet on the come--have a plan but anticipate what is going to happen. Money via TV revenue is going to drive the playoff expansion. Why would they expand? Because each game is millions and millions of dollars more. 8 teams= 7 games; 16 teams = 15 games; 20 teams = 19 games. You are underestimating GREED IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. There will be a huge expansion in college playoffs. It will happen within the next 5 to 7 years. Hence, NDSU needs to move up after they QUAD so they can be in the best possible position.

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 09:22 PM
This is embarrassing. 2 weeks in a row. #11 & #21 and they both look like incarnate word vs NDSU. Too many old people in good seats just sitting there not cheering. Student section bored as hell with these teams. Time for FBS

BisonTeacher
10-18-2014, 09:27 PM
This is embarrassing. 2 weeks in a row. #11 & #21 and they both look like incarnate word vs NDSU. Too many old people in good seats just sitting there not cheering. Student section bored as hell with these teams. Time for FBS

Yep were winning AGAIN. This sucks.

Ive tried to stay out of this thread...but the gall of some of you people. :facepalm: Spoiled brats.

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Ah 50-2 31 straight. Yeah I'm used to it. Half the stadium is empty because it's not even competitive for 3rd straight home game. Open your eyes !!

BisonTeacher
10-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Alabama is up 52-0 over #21 a&m right now. Wonder if they have students leave early.

natstar1
10-18-2014, 10:03 PM
Alabama is up 52-0 over #21 a&m right now. Wonder if they have students leave early.
Their students leave early, but they don't give good seats to old people.

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 10:22 PM
I want a serious discussion about this. Please. 🙏 this is a joke. #11 & #21 team in nation and we destroy both

unbison
10-18-2014, 10:29 PM
How can you ask for a serious discussion when you spit out exaggerated numbers and half truths.... where does the money come from to double the athletic budget first a straight answer on this....and then a real discussion can ensue

BadlandsBison
10-18-2014, 11:58 PM
Oil money! Straight cash homie. Sorry, I'm not sure how to spell homie

Strongman
10-19-2014, 01:06 AM
He makes a great point. We destroyed another opponent today. And we were "coasting." Yawn.

El_Chapo
10-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Strongman. 50-2. I was at chubs at 27-3 & it was packed with people from the game. Lots of chatter about FBS
ANYWHERE ELSE we'd have 90% of the fans pushing for FBS and bigger challenges. Lately people just want to be the best of the lousiest! ! 50-2. 31 in a row. When we go 100-3 or so when will all of you be ready to move up? Fans are bored they leave early.

BisonTeacher
10-19-2014, 03:42 AM
Spoiled? Yes. But it seriously is not fun watching the game anymore. We are so superior to every team we play. We kicked their ass, dominated--even though we were "coasting" through parts of the game. At 100% with our starters in the whole game, we win 56-6. My friend and I were bored by halftime. It's like having sex with your long time girlfriend or wife. It's boring, predictable, and no rush or high.

After we Quad, we need to move up and be challenged.

I know you posted this in a different thread but I wanted to reply here. Im guessing most people would admit their relationships with their spouse is not as exciting as it was when they first met. So does that mean because it may not be as exciting as it once was you are going to leave them for something newer, prettier and more of a challenge? And thats IF you could even get the invite. :biggrin:

If so that says a lot about who you are as a person.

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2014, 04:11 AM
Strongman. 50-2. I was at chubs at 27-3 & it was packed with people from the game. Lots of chatter about FBS
ANYWHERE ELSE we'd have 90% of the fans pushing for FBS and bigger challenges. Lately people just want to be the best of the lousiest! ! 50-2. 31 in a row. When we go 100-3 or so when will all of you be ready to move up? Fans are bored they leave early.

Well its relieving to see people at chubs talkin about FBS. Any insight on what you're hearing from them at Chubs?

natstar1
10-19-2014, 04:55 AM
Well its relieving to see people at chubs talkin about FBS. Any insight on what you're hearing from them at Chubs?

he's the only one talking about it so it's very similar to this thread

El_Chapo
10-19-2014, 12:15 PM
About 4-5 ndsu greats including a hall of famer. It's ok we are making progress last year everyone was like "Yea yea this is ndsu's best team ever let's see after we lose 20 seniors"

This year "el chapo you are onto something and I believe and yes NDSU needs to figure out thier future now!"

unbison
10-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Yep ok chapo..... good one

Herd
10-19-2014, 01:05 PM
ISUb beat writer sees eyes opening up to NDSU for Valley BB or FBS conferece. Still a long ways to go, but a fourth FCS championship, undefeated season, and new BB arena could bring in some offers. Most likely would be the MVC seeing Value beyond FB.

All this P5 separation talk is very premature. Does the MVFC, CAA, BSC, and SOCon need to separate from the rest of the FCS? When your at the top you already get the spoils, so why do you have to separate?

JMB
10-19-2014, 01:11 PM
A question for the group (Even though I don't know why I bother).... If NDSU moves up will it negatively effect recruiting? We seem to win at least some recruiting battles with lower level FBS teams because kids want a chance to play for a championship. Or will competing against high level teams offset that loss.

Flow 2-3-4-5
10-19-2014, 02:34 PM
A question for the group (Even though I don't know why I bother).... If NDSU moves up will it negatively effect recruiting? We seem to win at least some recruiting battles with lower level FBS teams because kids want a chance to play for a championship. Or will competing against high level teams offset that loss.

If we were in a conference like the Big 12 I could see how playing teams like that could appeal to a kid. If we moved "up" to a conference like the Sun Belt I don't consider Arkansas State, South Alabama and Louisiana-Lafayette high level teams. Most likely that would kill recruiting in our current footprint as few parents/families would be able to attend many of the away games.

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2014, 02:40 PM

Let's see, complain about people being bored and leaving early. Brag about leaving early.

JMB
10-19-2014, 02:41 PM
I am not sure the love affair with the big 12. Not sure the joy of watching all our sports getting their ass kicked.

El_Chapo
10-19-2014, 02:50 PM

Every year there is 8-10 recruits with NDSU offers or regional schools that PICK THE FBS school just because they are FBS. Fact.
Miami Oh NIU Pitt Toledo Iowa St just to name a few.

BisonNation11
10-19-2014, 03:00 PM
I am not sure the love affair with the big 12. Not sure the joy of watching all our sports getting their ass kicked.
Why would you think that? We would get Big 12 recruits just like everyone in the conference, if not better.

NorthernBison
10-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Every year there is 8-10 recruits with NDSU offers or regional schools that PICK THE FBS school just because they are FBS. Fact.
Miami Oh NIU Pitt Toledo Iowa St just to name a few.

BUT, we're better than those programs. Sounds like we are still getting the best of the best. I think we are winning that exchange. They get the problem children. We get the smart guys with character.

JMB
10-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Why would you think that? We would get Big 12 recruits just like everyone in the conference, if not better.

Besides the fact there is no recruiting base in North Dakota? And our facilities are subpar (per big 12 standards). Or that out alumni support is a fraction of Big 12 schools. And if we had a fraction of success the other schools would just hire our coaches?

El_Chapo
10-19-2014, 06:28 PM
BUT, we're better than those programs. Sounds like we are still getting the best of the best. I think we are winning that exchange. They get the problem children. We get the smart guys with character.

That is the most ignorant post ever. That's a flat out falsehood (most problem kids go juco), a marginal fbs recruit will take the FBS offer most times, heck they take FBS PWO'S over fcs full rides most times just to say they are a fbs player

JMB
10-19-2014, 06:47 PM
That is the most ignorant post ever. That's a flat out falsehood (most problem kids go juco), a marginal fbs recruit will take the FBS offer most times, heck they take FBS PWO'S over fcs full rides most times just to say they are a fbs player

So let me get this straight.... FBS teams have an institutional recruiting advantage because they are FBS and get better recruits. However if NDSU went to the MAC or MWC we would contend immediately for the conference title even though we have FCS players?

NorthernBison
10-19-2014, 08:42 PM
How many MAC teams have we lost to? Your argument is that we lose players to schools like that "just because they are FBS". Even if you weren't making it up (yeah right), I would expect us to be much worse than your typical MAC football team.

But we're not. In fact, you yourself, have proposed the argument that we would WIN the MAC.

If FCS is such a recruiting disadvantage that we lose great recruits just because of the initials, how are we doing so well? It seems impossible.

Cripes, you even threw ISU in there to TRY and make a point. Of course kids take P5 offers all the time (and we still beat them). I'd say any kid who takes a MAC or Sun Belt offer "just because they are FBS" is NOT the kind of "character" player we want on the roster. Kids commit here because they want to play for the Bison and be a part of something special.

Those that want to brag about playing FBS and have that as their motivation aren't worthy of playing for the Bison without an attitude adjustment.

Oh, and I'm sure you have the record for ignorant posts. Just pick one anywhere. One of the memorable recent ones was your "math" in calculating how we'd make $1.28 million per year selling beer. Business Major? Really? Do you even know what COGS stands for?

344Johnson
10-19-2014, 09:29 PM
I'd say any kid who takes a MAC or Sun Belt offer "just because they are FBS" is NOT the kind of "character" player we want on the roster. Kids commit here because they want to play for the Bison and be a part of something special.

Those that want to brag about playing FBS and have that as their motivation aren't worthy of playing for the Bison without an attitude adjustment.

So you are saying that kids who want to play at the highest level of football need an attitude adjustment?

El_Chapo
10-19-2014, 09:53 PM
So let me get this straight.... FBS teams have an institutional recruiting advantage because they are FBS and get better recruits. However if NDSU went to the MAC or MWC we would contend immediately for the conference title even though we have FCS players?

22 more full rides to give to the 22 regional kids who otherwise went FBS or the top.2-3 recruits of sdsu uni usd siu Montana etc. Right?

COGS = What Spacley Sprocket used to sell on the jetsons!

IzzyFlexion
10-19-2014, 10:02 PM

Hate to correct ya there ol' buttless chaps................

Mr. Cogswell sold cogs.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130803030452/poohadventures/images/a/a5/Mr._Cogswell.jpg

George's boss Mr. Spacely.....sold only sprockets.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100804081828/villains/images/3/31/Spacely.png

56BISON73
10-19-2014, 10:08 PM

They dont take the offer to SAY they are an FBS player. They take the offer because they WANT TO BE an FBS player. They think they have the talent to play at that level. No different than players who come here as a walkon as opposed to accepting a D2 offer or NAIA.

56BISON73
10-19-2014, 10:13 PM
22 more full rides to give to the 22 regional kids who otherwise went FBS or the top.2-3 recruits of sdsu uni usd siu Montana etc. Right?

The tip is in the name--Spacely SPROCKETS. GEEZ

El_Chapo
10-20-2014, 04:34 AM
Hate to correct ya there ol' buttless chaps................

Mr. Cogswell sold cogs.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130803030452/poohadventures/images/a/a5/Mr._Cogswell.jpg

George's boss Mr. Spacely.....sold only sprockets.
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100804081828/villains/images/3/31/Spacely.png

Izzy u r da man!!

ndsubison1
10-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Or Hawaii gets dumped by MWC & Colorado St/Wyoming/Air Force goes to bat for NDSU to stay east.

Hawaii just joined the MWC in 2010. Theyre not going anywhere.

NorthernBison
10-20-2014, 12:11 PM

We would need those extra rides if you were evaluating the talent. Jose Mohler wasn't able to crack the starting lineup of a D2 team and you thought he was the next Steve Walker. You said Brock Jensen wasn't good enough to start at NDSU. There's a lifetime of head scratchers right there. There's a thing called credibility. You'll never know what it is. We're doing fine competing with the MAC teams right now. After all, we'd dominate that league with our current roster. Right? I think you've already said that several times.

Strongman
10-20-2014, 12:56 PM
The fact that NDSU would win the Sunbelt and MAC RIGHT NOW does not change the fact that we should move up.

NorthernBison
10-20-2014, 01:02 PM
The fact that NDSU would win the Sunbelt and MAC RIGHT NOW does not change the fact that we should move up.
I think we WOULD move to FBS if somebody other than the Sun Belt offered us a spot in their conference. Crickets..

missingnumber7
10-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Hawaii just joined the MWC in 2010. Theyre not going anywhere.

Hawaii will drop football before they leave or get kicked out of the MWC.

natstar1
10-20-2014, 05:27 PM
What are the chances if we moved up we would get a yearly game with the Gophers? Kind of like ISU/Iowa. I guess I can't see the Gophers coming to Fargo every other year.

BisonNation11
10-20-2014, 06:40 PM
What are the chances if we moved up we would get a yearly game with the Gophers? Kind of like ISU/Iowa. I guess I can't see the Gophers coming to Fargo every other year.

0%. They know no matter what venue we play them at, we'd dominate them.

El_Chapo
10-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Actually I disagree, Gopher admin really wants to play ndsu again.
coaches and players not so much.

WHEN NDSU is in the mountain west or mac, we would have a shot at a 3-1 with Gophers (pending a new stadium in fargo)

NorthernBison
10-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Actually I disagree, Gopher admin really wants to play ndsu again.
coaches and players not so much.

WHEN NDSU is in the mountain west or mac, we would have a shot at a 3-1 with Gophers (pending a new stadium in fargo)
Holy Crap! I agree with your numbers. Well done. I need a nap.

El_Chapo
10-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Reason #474 to leave the fcs now.

SACRED HEART & BRYANT ARE TOP 25??

missingnumber7
10-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Reason #474 to leave the fcs now.

SACRED HEART & BRYANT ARE TOP 25??

Reason number 1 not to go FBS 4 of top 5 are SEC West.

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2014, 10:13 PM

well, you have 473 more excuses to come up with to catch up

BisonNation11
10-20-2014, 10:21 PM
I think 2 reasons alone count enough for any amount of arguments for going up. 1. No conference invite 2. We don't have the money

56BISON73
10-20-2014, 10:30 PM
I think 2 reasons alone count enough for any amount of arguments for going up. 1. No conference invite 2. We don't have the money

How those two facts seem to continually escape the brain trust is quite startling.

JMB
10-20-2014, 10:56 PM
How those two facts seem to continually escape the brain trust is quite startling.

Sure that is true but there is another question which is " Do we want to move up?"

El_Chapo
10-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Invite will come with SELLING NDSU to them. Financially it can be done easily. There's millions being missed right now.

Sacred Heart University
Bryant University

That's where we are now. I rest my case.

56BISON73
10-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Invite will come with SELLING NDSU to them. Financially it can be done easily. There's millions being missed right now.

Sacred Heart University
Bryant University

Again you have failed to realize that even with people selling NDSU there are conferences that do not want us. Again---what is your solution when that happens???? NDSU has been selling itself for a very long time. I have yet to hear of any offers.

But if you rest your case I will bid you fond farewell.

56BISON73
10-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Sure that is true but there is another question which is " Do we want to move up?"

Only if it is the best move for NDSU as a whole. Right now there is nothing realignment wise that would force a move.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2014, 11:27 PM
People another realignment needs to happen to create an opportunity.

It could happen, the Big 12 is a bit of a ticking time bomb.

344Johnson
10-20-2014, 11:36 PM

The SEC West is making this year very exciting. Curious situation they have themselves in.

People another realignment needs to happen to create an opportunity.

It could happen, the Big 12 is a bit of a ticking time bomb.

I just don't see NDSU getting into a situation like that. Don't think we'd bring nearly enough to the table.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2014, 11:40 PM
The SEC West is making this year very exciting. Curious situation they have themselves in.

I just don't see NDSU getting into a situation like that. Don't think we'd bring nearly enough to the table.

By that I mean the Big 12 would take from other conferences and would create an opportunity somewhere else for NDSU, not that NDSU would join the Big 12.

marenlee
10-20-2014, 11:43 PM

Sacred Heart University
Bryant University

Everytime you say this phrase, this is all I picture.

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/street-walker.jpg

MNLonghorn10
10-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Everytime you say this phrase, this is all I picture.

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/street-walker.jpg

Chapo has his sources with some big wigs at NDSU.

He's also rubbed elbows with Mark Emmert down in Frisco. There'll be a way. NDSU knows they can't sit idle where they are now. Its hopefully of a "whos coming with us" to the programs worth a shit...so all 3 of them.

56BISON73
10-21-2014, 01:30 AM

He's also rubbed elbows with Mark Emmert down in Frisco. There'll be a way. NDSU knows they can't sit idle where they are now. Its hopefully of a "whos coming with us" to the programs worth a shit...so all 3 of them.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

El_Chapo
10-21-2014, 01:43 AM

True Story... and That picture is a good one. except NDSU is the smoking hot chick that everyone is afraid to approach because she is so dam hot.

Hammerhead
10-21-2014, 01:52 AM
Bison are already tops of the Summit League in baseball, softball, track & field, men's basketball...

El_Chapo
10-21-2014, 02:01 AM
Bison are already tops of the Summit League in baseball, softball, track & field, men's basketball...

thank you! that is correct!

Strongman
10-21-2014, 06:38 PM
NDSU has been in a football-only-conference since joining DI. Nobody is advocating leaving the Summit League right away. Before we join a Big Five Conference in 20 to 30 years, we first need to join a lower level FBS conference. Anybody who thinks the QUAD time national champion cannot find a home in one of the 4 lower level conferences, especially when all conferences are looking to expand, is an idiot.

After we have success dominating that conference and have a new 30,000 + seat stadium, then we try to join the MWC--the top non Big Five Conference. At this time, NDSU can probably join as a full fledged member--not just football only. After sustained success in the MWC, then we can realistically look at joining the Big 12 or even the Big 10 (which at this time will probably have 20 to 24 teams.)

Questions? :)

344Johnson
10-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Unless NDSU became an elite school academically we aren't going B1G. I'll just assume you were joking... My sarcasm detector is broke at the moment.