PDA

View Full Version : A new and better FBS thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Mr Pep Band
12-02-2019, 08:12 PM
As a fan of NDSU basketball, I am all for letting conference champions into the post-season playoffs, even if they don't have a chance to win the title.

I agree with this. If they aren't eligible for getting into the post-season, what are they playing for? Participation trophy? Fan entertainment?

There has to be a goal for competition for thrive, and that goal is winning a national championship, or at least the chance to compete for it.

NDSU has a snowball's chance in hell to win March Madness. But that has never stopped the fans, team, cheer team, pep band, or Athletic Department, from trying and or cheering the entire way up to elimination. Look at the selection show parties we've had in the last decade, people show up and cheer loudly when we draw the team who will probably eliminate us within the week.

Christopher Moen
12-02-2019, 08:18 PM
But are those G5 schools in your area successful? I think we would sustain fan interest in the G5 much like Boise or Appalachian State. And I sincerely think we would be a really good team year in and year out. By the way, I’m not trying to be argumentative. I think you have a very good point about fan support in many G5 schools. Even in some power five schools, it’s a problem. But it tends not to be a problem at successful FBS schools, while at the FCS level, even successful schools garner little interest, with 2 or 3 schools being the exception.

Since Fisher DeBerry took over in 1983, USAFA has been fairly successful. Usually competes well with Boise State (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/play-index/rivals.cgi?request=1&school_id=boise-state&opp_id=air-force). However, they along with Colorado State, Wyoming and the two New Mexico schools, get little fanfare in this part of the Rocky Mountains. G5 is nothing but college football purgatory. Anyone wishing to be at this level has no idea how terrible of a place it is to be. The grass is pretty brown on this side.

El_Chapo
12-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Charlotte is excited for Bahamas Bowl!
https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1201232284247920640?s=09

JMB
12-02-2019, 09:20 PM

How are we supposed to get the tailgating rigs to the Bahamas? Does the Frisco Cruiser have pontoons?

Professor Chaos
12-03-2019, 10:29 PM
Do you want NDSU to go FBS???

First step towards that is completing the IPF. Currently there's a fund raiser going on for Giving Day called the Armbrust Family Challenge where if 100 people donate towards the IPF (minimum is $25) they will donate $50,000 towards the project. Currently they need 33 more donors. Great opportunity to support an imitative that is crucial towards any FBS move.

El_Chapo
12-10-2019, 05:18 AM
NDSU 2.0 is off to Arizona Bowl

NDSU 3.0 is off to Liberty Bowl

You can't tell me NDSU couldn't be right there with those 2!!!

Boise St is at the Las Vegas Bowl.

WYOBISONMAN
12-10-2019, 02:34 PM
Just got off the phone with my son who went to school at Wyoming. I had to sit and listen to him yap about the Arizona Bowl. He asked if the wife and I were going to it. I said, "Why would I want to go to some minor junk Bowl game?." At which point he became rather indignant and started to sound like some of the arguments (albeit good natured) I have had with Sam! Honestly, I preffer all these playoff games and the title game in Frisco to the No Name Bowl tha Wyoming is playing in. I am sure that this playoff schedule is a hell of a lot rougher on the players, especially going all the way to the Championship every year, but for the fans, it is one hell of a kick!

Mr Pep Band
12-11-2019, 02:21 PM
https://www.impacttrophies.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0011002_mini-star-football-participation-trophy.jpeg

Here's your participation trophy FBS.

Well, most of the FBS. Well, those good enough to win 6 games and get a bowl invite. Well, actually everyone except the 4 in the "playoffs". Well, actually its more of a playoff, rather then playoffS.

El_Chapo
12-11-2019, 06:29 PM
I've been singing this tune for 4-5 years now.
NDSU shouldve took the momentum built up after Carson Wentz and 4-5 titles and put up a full out blitz on a FBS conference

I'm trying to keep this FBS chatter to this thread, I truly am, but the Bison Fatique thread brings up good points that we all were warned about

the new car smell wearing off, etc. Klieman & Bohl both mentioned the plateau. here we are. what can we do now?

our fanbase is becoming disinterested, theyve seen this rerun many times, I am saddened to hear that the admin hasnt heeded the warnings 3-4 years ago being sent out.

and dont move the goalposts and say. "G5 is losing attendence, bla bla" this is NDSU. we need someone with vision and the stones to motivate our fanbase.

we need to band together and quite the arguing & figure out the best path forward.
complacency is a killer

23Bison
12-11-2019, 07:28 PM
If we by chance beat Oregon next season there is nothing that anyone would say to me that would convince me that we don't belong in FBS. Nothing. You beat a team like #13 Iowa by out Iowaing Iowa and beat a probable top 10 in Oregon with as much of a brand Oregon has along with resources and money, facilities and prestige, I would be absolutely pissed if the NDSU administration doesn't hold a meeting with Matt Larson slapping down some papers on the table in front of everyone involved with FBS on the top one with a big ? and his opening line is "How do we make this happen?"

Sadly it will be closed door and nobody will know about it. I guess I'll be running around like a little girl bragging how NDSU beat Oregon.

56BISON73
12-11-2019, 07:33 PM
If we by chance beat Oregon next season there is nothing that anyone would say to me that would convince me that we don't belong in FBS. Nothing. You beat a team like #13 Iowa by out Iowaing Iowa and beat a probable top 10 in Oregon with as much of a brand Oregon has along with resources and money, facilities and prestige, I would be absolutely pissed if the NDSU administration doesn't hold a meeting with Matt Larson slapping down some papers on the table in front of everyone involved with FBS on the top one with a big ? and his opening line is "How do we make this happen?"

Then the Big boys say----you dont. And then what?

23Bison
12-11-2019, 07:40 PM
[/B]

Then the Big boys say----you dont. And then what?
Who are the Big boys? Administration?

That's what the rest of my post was saying. If it does or doesn't happen none of us will know about it so that millisecond of me being pissed will be overcome with joy for the win over Oregon. But will subconsciously know they didn't hold such a meeting and on goes life and threads such as this.

El_Chapo
12-11-2019, 07:45 PM
23bison NDSU has far and away shown they belong in FBS for at least 4-5 years now. win at #11 Iowa cemented what was already shown at Kansas State, Iowa State, Minnesota etc.

Media market doesn't matter by the G5 groups like we are led to believe. yea at the P5 level its all about eyeballs/population etc.

2 things are happening the last few years. #1 NDSU ADMIN HAS NOT ACTIVELY SOUGHT FBS CONFERENCE INVITES & #2 MWC/MAC deep down doesn't want NDSU walking in Day 1 and being at the top.

Professor Chaos
12-11-2019, 07:55 PM

Sadly it will be closed door and nobody will know about it. I guess I'll be running around like a little girl bragging how NDSU beat Oregon.
It doesn't take beating Oregon to prove to me that the Bison, competitively speaking, belong in the G5. I'm already convinced that that is true. There's a lot more that goes into making an FBS move than slapping papers down on a table.

GCWaters
12-11-2019, 08:02 PM
2 things are happening the last few years. #1 NDSU ADMIN HAS NOT ACTIVELY SOUGHT FBS CONFERENCE INVITES & #2 MWC/MAC deep down doesn't want NDSU walking in Day 1 and being at the top.

Admin hasn't actively sought invites because they don't want to move up...Bresciani has been very clear about that, over and over...

roadwarrior
12-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Admin hasn't actively sought invites because they don't want to move up...Bresciani has been very clear about that, over and over...

I would say it is more "can't afford" than "don't want".

23Bison
12-11-2019, 08:31 PM
It doesn't take beating Oregon to prove to me that the Bison, competitively speaking, belong in the G5. I'm already convinced that that is true. There's a lot more that goes into making an FBS move than slapping papers down on a table.
That’s where the conversation would start. But yes I do know this.

Professor Chaos
12-11-2019, 08:39 PM
I think the conversation has to start with the school/state and the student body. Those 2 (or 3) entities need to be behind it for an FBS move to be successful. G5 athletic budgets are funded on the backs of school funds and student fees. That's just the reality and NDSU would be no different.

GCWaters
12-11-2019, 10:22 PM
I would say it is more "can't afford" than "don't want".

Either way, until that changes there won’t be any conversation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
12-11-2019, 11:06 PM
I think the conversation has to start with the school/state and the student body. Those 2 (or 3) entities need to be behind it for an FBS move to be successful. G5 athletic budgets are funded on the backs of school funds and student fees. That's just the reality and NDSU would be no different.

The legislature and vast majority of the students do not care about your football team. This is not a new situation. End shamaturism and let them play for the people who are actually interested.

Professor Chaos
12-12-2019, 12:12 AM
The legislature and vast majority of the students do not care about your football team. This is not a new situation. End shamaturism and let them play for the people who are actually interested.
No disagreement there that the legislature and students don't care about NDSU football. That's kind of my point.

56BISON73
12-12-2019, 05:15 AM

No thats not where the conversation starts. Thats not how this works. Thats not how any of--------------

56BISON73
12-12-2019, 05:17 AM
Either way, until that changes there won’t be any conversation...

:)..............................

23Bison
12-12-2019, 01:21 PM
No thats not where the conversation starts. Thats not how this works. Thats not how any of--------------
So if a school wanted to look into FBS, the conversation doesn't initially begin with that said schools administration for feasibility, plan/ways to get to FBS? Obviously the student body would have to be presented with the idea. Who initially starts the conversation?
I'm not arguing in any way, I'm just curious.

56BISON73
12-12-2019, 08:48 PM
So if a school wanted to look into FBS, the conversation doesn't initially begin with that said schools administration for feasibility, plan/ways to get to FBS? Obviously the student body would have to be presented with the idea. Who initially starts the conversation?
I'm not arguing in any way, I'm just curious.

Conversation has already been had. We are happy where we are until the landscape changes. Gene Taylor President B and Matt Larson have all said that. If you have questions in this regard direct them to the powers that be. You wont get the answers you seek here.

23Bison
12-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Conversation has already been had. We are happy where we are until the landscape changes. Gene Taylor President B and Matt Larson have all said that. If you have questions in this regard direct them to the powers that be. You wont get the answers you seek here.
I don’t remember asking for any answers on my original post. Everything I said was based off of the Oregon game outcome next year. I know what has been said and you guys are happy to remind everyone when it’s brought up. I said if we beat Oregon and and after the game the NDSU didn’t have a lightbulb moment and have a super duper secret meeting about the feasibility of an FBS move that I would be upset. I was also having fun with that comment and said that even if they didn’t have the meeting we wouldn’t know about it so it was all for not and I would just be happy with the Oregon win. Lighten up a bit please. Not everyone is serious about things that they post.

Only answer I was to seek as you say was where would that conversation start if not with the NDSU administration? You said that’s not how any of this works and I was wondering why?

CAS4127
12-13-2019, 12:59 AM
I don’t remember asking for any answers on my original post. Everything I said was based off of the Oregon game outcome next year. I know what has been said and you guys are happy to remind everyone when it’s brought up. I said if we beat Oregon and and after the game the NDSU didn’t have a lightbulb moment and have a super duper secret meeting about the feasibility of an FBS move that I would be upset. I was also having fun with that comment and said that even if they didn’t have the meeting we wouldn’t know about it so it was all for not and I would just be happy with the Oregon win. Lighten up a bit please. Not everyone is serious about things that they post.

Only answer I was to seek as you say was where would that conversation start if not with the NDSU administration? You said that’s not how any of this works and I was wondering why?

Why would you think it would be a “super secret”meeting. The same people you all are talking about have stated publicly what the current landscape/NDSU position is, and NDSU certainly didn’t keep the FCS move “secret”

56BISON73
12-13-2019, 01:20 AM

You are seriously asking me this? After saying people need to lighten up????? Do you dont know what I was referencing?

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 03:11 AM
I have stated this publicly many many times.

Dean & Matt have NEVER picked up a phone to call a Commissioner of MWC or MAC or AAC.

They have NEVER even set an email to even test the waters or Solicit an invitation or inquire about an invitation.

Period, and that's the problem.

23Bison
12-13-2019, 03:27 AM
Why would you think it would be a “super secret”meeting. The same people you all are talking about have stated publicly what the current landscape/NDSU position is, and NDSU certainly didn’t keep the FCS move “secret”

That’s just me being dumb. Other than what my feelings of NDSU actually belonging, in my mind, in the FBS if we were to win the Oregon game (on field product only with very obvious hurdles.) My whole comment was making fun of this whole thread and the month long FBS topic as of late.

I guess I don’t know what you were referencing. It doesn’t matter in the long run so no worries. Things come across wrong when reading it and can be taken the wrong way. I’m not here bicker with anyone and I hope that’s not how it was coming across and if so that wasn’t my intent.
I am an FBS person yes but more of a (FBS Dreamer) than a move up now at all cost person but to be honest this whole FBS subject has really put a black eye on Bisonville as of late. Christ you could put the fatigue thread in there too. It’s all so depressing. One side makes comments about beating the sisters of the poor and complaining about scheduling a pud team like Towson while the other is just happy that NDSU is still great at football. There is no even ground anywhere unless it’s on a basketball thread, which seems odd.

The FBS topic has been so over played since we beat ISUR. For the most part I’m just ready for the remainder of the playoffs and recruiting season while looking at the calendar at the Sep 5 Oregon game because I do plan to be there.

Rock
12-13-2019, 03:42 AM
Maybe if Bisonville invented an athletic shoe... we could make the rubber treads in a waffle iron- for traction. Sign some athletes to wear them. Gain some traction for a few decades. Make a few billion a year and donate heavily to athletics and sports???

Or instead market a tequila you say??

Way ahead of you.

AC/DC West Lot 2020!! I got the text.

Big 12 invite announcement there? Likely yes via a more vaguely worded secret message type text, but pretty sure it’s a done deal.

roadwarrior
12-13-2019, 12:46 PM

Dean & Matt have NEVER picked up a phone to call a Commissioner of MWC or MAC or AAC.

They have NEVER even set an email to even test the waters or Solicit an invitation or inquire about an invitation.

This is what gives me fatigue. Reading this over and over and over …..

JMB
12-13-2019, 01:08 PM

Or Facebook? Has Matt ever sent a friend request on Facebook? How about LinkedIn? Have they made a LinkedIn Connection??

Bisonator98
12-13-2019, 02:57 PM

You know there are other forms of communication besides phone and email right? Why would they use either of those with ND's open record laws? Are you stupid or do you just act that way.......don't answer that we all know already.

GCWaters
12-13-2019, 03:04 PM

And if you take Bresciani at his word, it's because they're not interested in moving up now. Do you think he's lying, or do you just refuse to accept that?

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 03:06 PM
and you MOVE the goalposts again.

They HAVENT SOLICITED A FBS CONFERENCE INVITE. They haven't . you guys can poo poo this all you want.

THEY HAVENT CONTACTED MWC, MAC or AAC. That should be grounds for dismissal IMO.

DORMIE
12-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Sam, they probably have not contacted any of those conferences as
they probably know a little more than you do as to what are the costs
involved in a move. They don't have their head up their asses like you do.
How many $100 members like you will it take for the move. Get real.
Looking forward to running into you.

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 05:22 PM
Sam, they probably have not contacted any of those conferences as
they probably know a little more than you do as to what are the costs
involved in a move. They don't have their head up their asses like you do.
How many $100 members like you will it take for the move. Get real.
Looking forward to running into you.

see ya at Lucky 13's!
so you agree, they HAVENT" CONTACTED ANY.. They are happy with status quo, Dean is gonna retire in 3 years and Matt Larson is the luckiest man on earth to go from Stony Brook to NDSU and have the program already running in high gear.
Complacency is rearing it's ugly head.

ByeSonBusiness
12-13-2019, 05:23 PM
and you MOVE the goalposts again.

They HAVENT SOLICITED A FBS CONFERENCE INVITE. They haven't . you guys can poo poo this all you want.

THEY HAVENT CONTACTED MWC, MAC or AAC. That should be grounds for dismissal IMO.

I'm sure they speak to their colleagues at conferences and events.

If I was them I know for sure I wouldnt want to talk about it via email. That shit gon' get FOIA'ed.

DORMIE
12-13-2019, 05:31 PM
Why would they contact anyone. None of those conferences fit. Any
move is not worth the increase costs of travel, scholarships for men and women
and increase costs for coaches salaries. We had our annual TM meeting last night.
Increase the budget to 6.4 million. Enrollment down, costs going up. We're
getting pretty tapped out. I have a good seat on the 35. $1,500 plus
the cost of the tickets. $1,800.

Professor Chaos
12-13-2019, 05:32 PM
see ya at Lucky 13's!
so you agree, they HAVENT" CONTACTED ANY.. They are happy with status quo, Dean is gonna retire in 3 years and Matt Larson is the luckiest man on earth to go from Stony Brook to NDSU and have the program already running in high gear.
Maybe you should jump on the St Thomas bandwagon... they seem to have that "onward and upward" attitude that you so desperately need.

And they're NDSU's equal now right? Sounds like a lateral fandom move at worst to me...

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Why would they contact anyone. None of those conferences fit. Any
move is not worth the increase costs of travel, scholarships for men and women
and increase costs for coaches salaries. We had our annual TM meeting last night.
Increase the budget to 6.4 million. Enrollment down, costs going up. We're
getting pretty tapped out. I have a good seat on the 35. $1,500 plus
the cost of the tickets. $1,800.

Yup, lets just give up. spot in the NSIC is Open!

GCWaters
12-13-2019, 06:24 PM
see ya at Lucky 13's!

So you actually do get it: they're happy with how things are and where they are. You think they shouldn't be, but they are. What do you honestly think it would take to change their minds?

Bison Loaf
12-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Okay, I admit it.

I have been secretly calling Joe Chapman, Gene Taylor, Dean Bresciani or Matt Larson everyday for the last 15 years and telling them …. nay, WARNING them in no uncertain terms …... that I do NOT, I repeat DO NOT, under any circumstances what-so-GD-ever, want NDSU football to move up to FBS until we can get into the Big-12 conference, or else as GOD is my witness, I will throw the biggest freaking hissy fit on Bisonville that the world has EVER SEEN OR HEARD!

I'm talking epic meltdown - broken keyboards, soiled undershorts, swearing tirades that would make truck drivers (and Hailbison) blush, constant hunger strikes (except for a small smattering of Cheetos here and there, of course), continued tailgating but not enjoying it, cutting myself with dull knives, running with scissors faster than I normally do, and growing my fingernails AND toenails out to gargantuan size.

I apologize for nothing.

So, I ask you ……... who has proven to have more clout with these people in getting what they want ….. me or Chapo?

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 07:06 PM
NDSU is 125 - 8 7 Titles in 8 years,

The public has caught on, that's why there is 2000-3000 empty seats last game and this game.

Are you seriously thinking about 200-12 and 14 titles in 15 years? whats the point.

Bison Loaf
12-13-2019, 07:34 PM
NDSU is 125 - 8 7 Titles in 8 years,

The public has caught on, that's why there is 2000-3000 empty seats last game and this game.

Are you seriously thinking about 200-12 and 14 titles in 15 years? whats the point.

As unorthodox and wearing on everyone as they may be, I stand behind my guerilla-like, take-no-prisoner tactics.

The fact is, results are results. And who, pray tell, has been more successful than I in getting what I want? I dare anyone to name someone.

I further pledge that I will continue to do whatever it takes to keep NDSU in the FCS until the BIG-12 naturally comes for us. So get used to it, Bisonville.

If Tony wants to ban hammer me off of this site for being so brutally honest and truthful, then that's his misguided prerogative. But such actions will definitely not hurt me until he actually does it, so there.

Resistance is futile. Your mind is no longer your own.

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 07:54 PM
i think on this thread only, its ok to fight like dogs about this. the other threads being taken over just happens i guess, i dunno.

scottietohottie
12-13-2019, 07:55 PM
i think on this thread only, its ok to fight like dogs about this. the other threads being taken over just happens i guess, i dunno.

I'd rather fight like a cat. Like the king of the jungle. Roar!!!!

Bison Loaf
12-13-2019, 08:15 PM

If I have to, I'll infect every thread ** on this entire damn message board in order to get us to stay in the FCS, and then I'll make it SEEM like it all just happened organically through no fault of my own.

** Except the Bikini thread. That one is sacrosanct. :nod:

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 11:50 PM
If I have to, I'll infect every thread ** on this entire damn message board in order to get us to stay in the FCS, and then I'll make it SEEM like it all just happened organically through no fault of my own.

** Except the Bikini thread. That one is sacrosanct. :nod:

I havent infected any... someone else usually starts it or sarcastically tries to goat me

JMB
12-14-2019, 12:13 AM
Okay, I admit it.

I have been secretly calling Joe Chapman, Gene Taylor, Dean Bresciani or Matt Larson everyday for the last 15 years and telling them …. nay, WARNING them in no uncertain terms …... that I do NOT, I repeat DO NOT, under any circumstances what-so-GD-ever, want NDSU football to move up to FBS until we can get into the Big-12 conference, or else as GOD is my witness, I will throw the biggest freaking hissy fit on Bisonville that the world has EVER SEEN OR HEARD!

I'm talking epic meltdown - broken keyboards, soiled undershorts, swearing tirades that would make truck drivers (and Hailbison) blush, constant hunger strikes (except for a small smattering of Cheetos here and there, of course), continued tailgating but not enjoying it, cutting myself with dull knives, running with scissors faster than I normally do, and growing my fingernails AND toenails out to gargantuan size.

I apologize for nothing.

So, I ask you ……... who has proven to have more clout with these people in getting what they want ….. me or Chapo?

Holy that is some Senator Palpetine level shit there! But there is always a master and an apprentice.

56BISON73
12-14-2019, 12:52 AM
I havent infected any... someone else usually starts it or sarcastically tries to goat me

:rofl::rofl:

Christopher Moen
12-14-2019, 01:59 AM
Holy that is some Senator Palpetine level shit there! But there is always a master and an apprentice.

He forgot to mention that we're (FBS haters) holding Bresciani's wife hostage just in case Dean gets any funny ideas. Just ask Port.

bruinbison
12-14-2019, 02:32 AM
Is Contraction The Answer To Mountain West Survival?

https://mwwire.com/2019/07/25/is-contraction-the-answer-to-mountain-west-survival/

El_Chapo
12-14-2019, 03:33 AM
Is Contraction The Answer To Mountain West Survival?

https://mwwire.com/2019/07/25/is-contraction-the-answer-to-mountain-west-survival/

cue micheal Scott's meme. "Dont like that"

El_Chapo
12-14-2019, 02:07 PM
FCS gets 2 games on ESPN last night. not too exciting if your a fan in Florida/Texas . just gives more ammunition for the pro FBS crew. NDSU crushes all those teams.

and now Fcs friday night semifinal game gets bumped for a bowl game next week. ick

WYOBISONMAN
12-14-2019, 02:35 PM
This thread makes my eyes and head hurt every time I come look at it.

No_Skill
12-14-2019, 02:38 PM
I think it's interesting that depending on the day, both low and high game attendance can be used as reasons to move to FBS.

El_Chapo
12-16-2019, 03:13 AM
I think it's interesting that depending on the day, both low and high game attendance can be used as reasons to move to FBS.

solid point, plus on inforum live chat mcfooly said somethng like "no way ndsu goes FBS" then some 1 said "Oh Mike, arent you to same guy that poo pooed the NDSU to D1 move?"

dude is the dumbest person in the FM area.

El_Chapo
12-18-2019, 01:36 AM
2 more decommits and 1 to FBS so far. not to mention many others that didnt choose NDSU because we are NOT FBS.

there you go people. another reason to be FBS

Professor Chaos
12-20-2019, 07:52 PM
Dozens of people are excited to join them in Nassau!

https://twitter.com/CoachJohnRice/status/1208102821502930944

56BISON73
12-20-2019, 08:23 PM
2 more decommits and 1 to FBS so far. not to mention many others that didnt choose NDSU because we are NOT FBS.

there you go people. another reason to be FBS

When are you going to decommit?

Christopher Moen
12-20-2019, 09:16 PM
When are you going to decommit?

https://66.media.tumblr.com/cc46c91d39dde8d1e79a823d29c2f5eb/tumblr_mismrydUsf1s6q9jpo1_400.gifv

El_Chapo
12-21-2019, 01:27 AM
hey if your fine losing 8-10 guys every single to FBS offers and 2
1-2 decommits guess that's cool with ya

Frisco Bowl is on ESPN now baby

roadwarrior
12-21-2019, 01:32 AM

Dozens of fans filling the place. Great look for TV.

Vet70
12-21-2019, 01:33 AM
You have to hand it to Chapo for reading minds and knowing why someone did not chose NDSU.

56BISON73
12-21-2019, 02:28 AM

FBS schools lose 8-10 guys to other FBS schools. SO BFD.

CAS4127
12-21-2019, 02:39 AM
FBS schools lose 8-10 guys to other FBS schools. SO BFD.

I’m assuming Lakes is at both the Frisco Bowl game and NDSU’s MBB game tonight.

El_Chapo
12-21-2019, 02:53 AM
Frisco Bowl is better because of this 2nite.

https://twitter.com/DustinIhry/status/1208187111192629248?s=09

56BISON73
12-21-2019, 02:59 AM
I’m assuming Lakes is at both the Frisco Bowl game and NDSU’s MBB game tonight.

Isnt he scouting some local HS talent as well?

El_Chapo
12-21-2019, 04:27 AM
58-51. Kent st 1st bowl win. party at scrufffys

bruinbison
12-21-2019, 03:11 PM

Actually I am fine with that, that means the coaching staff is above the right targets......

Would being in the MAC really stop Felix Anudike from going with Big 12 P5 KState?

Klieman & Co didn’t just go down NDSU’s commit list and find him......
From KState recruitment on June 1st:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Kansas-State-football-recruiting-camp-June-2-prospect-camp--132544082/#132544082_1

DEFENSIVE DUO DAZZLES

Stufflebean aside, the two other standouts on defense inside the indoor practice facility were Felix Anudike and Yahya Black.

Would being in the MAC make it any warmer in Fargo???
That’s what it would take to get the Florida recruit who decommited to have stayed?
Good luck to him in his future choices. I don’t think it was a coincidence that Tennessee Martin offered him a couple weeks ago. How many commits do the Bison lose to Tennessee Martin?

CAS4127
12-22-2019, 02:32 AM
Actually I am fine with that, that means the coaching staff is above the right targets......

Would being in the MAC really stop Felix Anudike from going with Big 12 P5 KState?

Klieman & Co didn’t just go down NDSU’s commit list and find him......
From KState recruitment on June 1st:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Kansas-State-football-recruiting-camp-June-2-prospect-camp--132544082/#132544082_1

Would being in the MAC make it any warmer in Fargo???
That’s what it would take to get the Florida recruit who decommited to have stayed?
Good luck to him in his future choices. I don’t think it was a coincidence that Tennessee Martin offered him a couple weeks ago. How many commits do the Bison lose to Tennessee Martin?

In a nutshell: Only the ones they offer and we don’t. Not sure that’s a loss tho, but others (Lakes/Chapo/FireDennyguy/Twinswin23/etc. may disagree.

natstar1
12-22-2019, 04:45 AM
So dream scenario we go 12-1 like Boise State and we get a 5 loss P5 school?

El_Chapo
12-22-2019, 04:47 AM
NDSU ISNT FCS. WE HAVE PROVEN THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. 127-8 NOW? Yes A Bowl.game is what we'd get like the rest of D1 college football because we are proving a mockery of fcs now. just search twitter Facebook today and see how many people across the country have begged for NDSU TO MOVE UP. it's all over

CAS4127
12-22-2019, 04:58 AM
NDSU ISNT FCS. WE HAVE PROVEN THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. 127-8 NOW? Yes A Bowl.game is what we'd get like the rest of D1 college football because we are proving a mockery of fcs now. just search twitter Facebook today and see how many people across the country have begged for NDSU TO MOVE UP. it's all over

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/5f9f1007aafb37b5176cbce12c4236c5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/5f9f1007aafb37b5176cbce12c4236c5.jpg inhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/5f9f1007aafb37b5176cbce12c4236c5.jpg

Who wants and is “promoting” this propaganda??!

El_Chapo
12-28-2019, 02:44 AM
^^^^ stalker... get a life man

where is the FBS BOWL thread?

Cheese It Bowl. Air Force Wash St now on ESPN.

WSU stalls at 1 yard line. now Air Force just had a 99 yard 12+ minute TD drive. bahahaha. love it

El_Chapo
12-28-2019, 03:47 AM
Pheonix looks sooo nice. warmth...

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 06:44 PM
Belk Bowl has been chippy from the start. VA Tech vs Kentucky 27 24 late

Got NDSU 2.0 Wyoming and NDSU 3.0 K State in Bowl games today too, will update here.

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 07:10 PM
couple 4th down conversions for Kentucky. do they have 1 more in them?

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 07:17 PM
Touchdown Kentucky! 31-30 with 15 seconds left!!! WOW> Bowl season baby!!

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 07:22 PM
Fumble Return with 0sec left for a TD what a bowl game!! those 40,000+ fans were excited as hell!

roadwarrior
12-31-2019, 07:26 PM
Fumble Return with 0sec left for a TD what a bowl game!! those 40,000+ fans were excited as hell!

Congrats are in order. They made it to 8 wins in the season!

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 07:47 PM
NDSU 3.0 Kansas State kicking off now.

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 07:56 PM
K State moving the ball down to the 30 so far

then they miss a wide open NDSU Wheel Route.

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 08:19 PM
K state doing nothing on offense so far.

They did pimp NDSU of course talking about Klieman and showed the Natty title graphics.

Full house at the Liberty Bowl!

westnodak93bison
12-31-2019, 08:23 PM
What do you mean? If they could catch the ball

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
12-31-2019, 08:50 PM
10-7 navy.
. .

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2020, 07:03 PM
Lmao minnesota rules

El_Chapo
01-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Lmao minnesota rules

they beating Auburn. just shows that NDSU could be a jan 1 bowl team

natstar1
01-01-2020, 10:52 PM
they beating Auburn. just shows that NDSU could be a jan 1 bowl team

every team playing today is a P5 school

El_Chapo
01-01-2020, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=natstar1;1399056]every team playing today is a P5 school[/QUOTE

go undefeated as a G5 and you can do it

56BISON73
01-01-2020, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=natstar1;1399056]every team playing today is a P5 school[/QUOTE

go undefeated as a G5 and you can do it

Then we can claim we are national champions like UCF. Giggity.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-02-2020, 11:00 PM
After yesterday the ‘ticketsmarter birmingham bowl’ just isn't cutting it

El_Chapo
01-07-2020, 07:00 PM
That is what I've been saying. Think of all the programs that are now in FBS.

Western Kentucky
Liberty
Old Dominion
UMass
Charlotte
App State
Coastal Carolina
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
South Alabama
Texas State
UT-San Antonio

That is 12 programs in only 10 years...... and Troy, Boise, Marshall before that.

NDSU shouldn't want to be left behind.

Christopher Moen
01-07-2020, 10:08 PM

Western Kentucky
Liberty
Old Dominion
UMass
Charlotte
App State
Coastal Carolina
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
South Alabama
Texas State
UT-San Antonio

That is 12 programs in only 10 years...... and Troy, Boise, Marshall before that.

Who would want to be with that group of losers? Once in awhile, Appalachian State or Georgia Southern might have a good season, but they're still stuck in football purgatory playing crappy teams and hoping to play for a crappy exhibition game at season's end.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Who would want to be with that group of losers? Once in awhile, Appalachian State or Georgia Southern might have a good season, but they're still stuck in football purgatory playing crappy teams and hoping to play for a crappy exhibition game at season's end.You forgot spending 10s of millions more

natstar1
01-09-2020, 05:18 AM

Western Kentucky
Liberty
Old Dominion
UMass
Charlotte
App State
Coastal Carolina
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
South Alabama
Texas State
UT-San Antonio

I'm curious has there been increased interest in these teams since they made the jump to FBS?

El_Chapo
01-09-2020, 03:06 PM
I'm curious has there been increased interest in these teams since they made the jump to FBS?

absolutely, Nationally for sure. They get on every scoreboard like ESPN Sportscenter and on the tickers at bottom of the screens, fcs never gets that.

natstar1
01-09-2020, 03:27 PM
absolutely, Nationally for sure. They get on every scoreboard like ESPN Sportscenter and on the tickers at bottom of the screens, fcs never gets that.

I mean with the fan base. Did they sell more season tickets? Is there more interest in the team in those respective communities?

El_Chapo
01-09-2020, 11:50 PM
I mean with the fan base. Did they sell more season tickets? Is there more interest in the team in those respective communities?

has to be. research it after Frisco I will

1998braves64
01-10-2020, 12:57 AM
absolutely, Nationally for sure. They get on every scoreboard like ESPN Sportscenter and on the tickers at bottom of the screens, fcs never gets that.Never? I see NDSU on the ticker a lot...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

El_Chapo
01-10-2020, 02:20 PM
Mr Stony Brook AD on KFGO at 9:15am

"are you too big for fcs? why not FBS"

so Matt Larson MOVES THE GOALPOSTS AGAIN.. yet another BS excuse.

he says "We feel that moving up would hurt our other sports programs" 1st TIME I'VE HEARD HIM USE THAT EXCUSE.

such a joke, face facts, Matt and Dean don't want to do the work or have the balls to do it. It's easy to just keep going thru the motions that gene taylor and joe chapman set up. That's awfully obvious at this point.

El_Chapo
01-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Frisco Mayor just said "NDSU coming down brings $10 million in Economic impact"

Sooo there's an extra $10 Million that NDSU should get every year

ByeSonBusiness
01-10-2020, 04:24 PM
Frisco Mayor just said "NDSU coming down brings $10 million in Economic impact"

Sooo there's an extra $10 Million that NDSU should get every year

That's not how that works at all

El_Chapo
01-10-2020, 04:28 PM

well, if NDSU fans have $10 million to spend on frisco, send it over to NDSU instead to fund the FBS move.

wagsabison
01-10-2020, 04:46 PM

Talk about picking at something and twisting it to fit your narrative.

1998braves64
01-10-2020, 06:29 PM
well, if NDSU fans have $10 million to spend on frisco, send it over to NDSU instead to fund the FBS move.

Um impact of $10 million doesn't mean NDSU fans are spending $10 million just in frisco, whole trip possibly but that's not all occurring directly in Frisco..... figuring 17,000 (assuming at least 3,000 people are somewhat local or just giveaways whatever, not to mention some of these probably are JMU fans). That means all 17,000 (1 year old or 99 years old) of those people spending $588.25. Which for a family of 4 is $2,353. I don't think we're discretionary spending that much IN Frisco, I'm sure a few groups get up that high especially the ones that spend 4+ days there in the area. But not every single fan. There are so many that go down for the game get one night hotel maybe 2 and go right back home so a hotel room and maybe a couple meals.

Impacts are based on money we spend making it into local's pockets (increased wages for extra hours, and tips etc) that they then turn around and spend partially in Frisco as well. I believe that's how "economic" impacts are figured. Maybe economists here can set me straight.

DORMIE
01-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Maybe you should send more than $100.

El_Chapo
01-10-2020, 07:40 PM
I am the entire fanbase?

ByeSonBusiness
01-10-2020, 07:54 PM

So you want every group that is going to the game to spend that money on donations to NDSU? Then who is going to travel to the FBS games/bowl games if they are spending all that money just for NDSU to have the chance to play in those games?

I'm about as pro FBS as I think one can reasonably be, but this way of looking at raising the money seems very short sighted and wayyy oversimplified

El_Chapo
01-11-2020, 02:54 AM
So you want every group that is going to the game to spend that money on donations to NDSU? Then who is going to travel to the FBS games/bowl games if they are spending all that money just for NDSU to have the chance to play in those games?

I'm about as pro FBS as I think one can reasonably be, but this way of looking at raising the money seems very short sighted and wayyy oversimplified

it's kinda tongue and cheek. but face it. the money is out there. just need to get it

CAS4127
01-11-2020, 03:28 AM

I’m confused, cuz I’m in Frisco, been at every major NDSU bar, etc. and have yet to see the Amazing Lakes, even during the BFPA gathering at Twin Peaks, when Stick, Stark, and Emanuel presented. I figured Lakes was their agent and was spending and earning tons of money down here.

But, alas, he’s a no-show.

Go figure, as in, everyone else spend money, but not me from my trust fund, cuz that goes to me. Me, Me, Me!!

El_Chapo
01-11-2020, 02:45 PM
I’m confused, cuz I’m in Frisco, been at every major NDSU bar, etc. and have yet to see the Amazing Lakes, even during the BFPA gathering at Twin Peaks, when Stick, Stark, and Emanuel presented. I figured Lakes was their agent and was spending and earning tons of money down here.

Go figure, as in, everyone else spend money, but not me from my trust fund, cuz that goes to me. Me, Me, Me!!

Cuz myself and quite a bit of NDSU fans are bored with frisco, we DON"T belong in the FCS and this weather in freakin Dallas is yet another reason.

2011BisonAlumni
01-12-2020, 06:27 PM

He was too busy trying to figure out where Carson Wentz was. Rumor has it he was spotted in Houston window peeping and had to be bailed out of jail.

scottietohottie
01-12-2020, 06:36 PM
He was too busy trying to figure out where Carson Wentz was. Rumor has it he was spotted in Houston window peeping and had to be bailed out of jail.

But I saw a guy in a gophers jacket on tv?

Vet70
01-12-2020, 07:07 PM
Wentz was visiting Waldo.

2011BisonAlumni
01-12-2020, 11:41 PM
Wentz was visiting Waldo.

Wrong. He was in Houston meeting with oil executives to find a $300M on campus stadium in order to move up to the FBS.

El_Chapo
01-12-2020, 11:46 PM
EVERY SINGLE FACEBOOK/TWITTER post by ESPN, NCAA, ABC, College Sports was DOMINATED by

"Why the hell isnt NDSU FBS?" It was literally every other post on ESPN facebook page.

The WHole Sporting community see's it, why can't our admin?

128 - 8 8 titles.

are we really gonna "trophy chase" for next 10 years and be 250-14 and 16 titles?

Dean is close to retirement and Matt is happy to be here, neither of those 2 have any passion or incentive to move NDSU up and that's sad.

Christopher Moen
01-13-2020, 02:34 AM
EVERY SINGLE FACEBOOK/TWITTER post by ESPN, NCAA, ABC, College Sports was DOMINATED by

"Why the hell isnt NDSU FBS?" It was literally every other post on ESPN facebook page.

128 - 8 8 titles.

are we really gonna "trophy chase" for next 10 years and be 250-14 and 16 titles?

Dean is close to retirement and Matt is happy to be here, neither of those 2 have any passion or incentive to move NDSU up and that's sad.

The translation of this lie is that many of Sammy’s social media aliases posted all over the place today.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2020, 02:44 AM

128 - 8 8 titles.

Dean is close to retirement and Matt is happy to be here, neither of those 2 have any passion or incentive to move NDSU up and that's sad.Their is no viable financial path with our micro tv market. If it's so easy then lay out your plan, no less than 10 single spaced pages, 8 font & no fluff. You are obviously a salesman with all the bs you spew. Put forth your plan, sell it and maybe you will get a life sized statue in front of your stadium.

El_Chapo
01-13-2020, 02:50 AM
I've tried. Too many crabs pulling down on the legs in the bucket.. that's all you are.

NDSU deserves better, NDSU can be Bigger than ANY OF YOU can even Imagine!!

Yet here you are....You are satisfied with "longshanks FCS scraps" You're Missing NDSU's God Given Right to a TOP 25 Ranking, to a January 1 Bowl Game! a College Football Playoff when they expand to 8 in 2 years.

https://i1.wp.com/www.psychspot.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Braveheart-I.jpg?fit=1093%2C615&ssl=1

bisonaudit
01-13-2020, 03:13 AM
I've tried. Too many crabs pulling down on the legs in the bucket.. that's all you are.

Yet here you are....You are satisfied with "longshanks FCS scraps" You're Missing NDSU's God Given Right to a TOP 25 Ranking, to a January 1 Bowl Game! a College Football Playoff when they expand to 8 in 2 years.

https://i1.wp.com/www.psychspot.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Braveheart-I.jpg?fit=1093%2C615&ssl=1

The important bit here is the “not real life” part.

Christopher Moen
01-13-2020, 04:42 AM

Whining isn’t equal to trying.

scottietohottie
01-13-2020, 12:03 PM
Member at the end of braveheart when he gets his guts cut out and yells FBSssssssssss! ?

Bisonator98
01-13-2020, 03:50 PM

128 - 8 8 titles.

Why don't you ask them why FBS has a fucking 4 team playoff? Why the fuck does the FBS want a bunch of stupid ass bowls with participation trophies rather then a real playoff system??

My personal favorite was some dumbass saying how App State has moved up to FBS and regularly dominates the Sunbelch conference. Big fucking deal nobody fucking hears a god damn thing about App State anymore and nobody fucking cares either!

JMB
01-13-2020, 04:20 PM
The important bit here is the “not real life” part.

Nah... Let him go.. I used to find it annoying but his material is starting to get more entertaining.

bisonp
01-13-2020, 05:23 PM
I don't think anybody has ever disputed that this program is good enough to go FBS. I'd love to see it. There is a good chance attendance is going to continue to drop off because interesting games have been very few and far between. The students have stopped coming. The atmosphere isn't what it once was. How many people want to pay $40+ per ticket to watch thrashing after thrashing? This problem is only going to get worse if this team gets as good as we all expect it to after this "rebuilding" year.

That said, I have yet to hear a viable plan. People like to pull ideas and numbers out of their butts. Show me how you will get it to work with a stadium, finances, state support, and conference. I've asked this several times and have yet to hear that. Until then, you're just pissing in the wind.

El_Chapo
01-13-2020, 08:47 PM
Mountain West signs $270 million 6 year TV deal .
Beginning with the 2020 season, CBS Sports will have rights to Boise State away games and*Fox*will own the rights to the Broncos’ home games. Games could air on CBS, Fox, CBS Sports Network, FS1 or FS2.

Boise State football has appeared on an ESPN-affiliated channel 119 times since 1999. The Broncos likely won’t be on ESPN at least until a potential bowl game in 2020, because*the only nonconference road game is at Marshall, whose conference doesn’t have a deal with ESPN, either.

The contract is for six years, and Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson said it’s worth $270 million, but he declined to break down how the money will be distributed to the conference’s 11 full-time members (Hawaii is a football-only member). Boise State will continue to receive the same additional revenue it received in the previous deal, Thompson said.

so those of you who say NDSU needs to add $10 mil/year well. heres $6 mil/year

56BISON73
01-13-2020, 09:41 PM
Mountain West signs $270 million 6 year TV deal .
Beginning with the 2020 season, CBS Sports will have rights to Boise State away games and*Fox*will own the rights to the Broncos’ home games. Games could air on CBS, Fox, CBS Sports Network, FS1 or FS2.

Boise State football has appeared on an ESPN-affiliated channel 119 times since 1999. The Broncos likely won’t be on ESPN at least until a potential bowl game in 2020, because*the only nonconference road game is at Marshall, whose conference doesn’t have a deal with ESPN, either.

The contract is for six years, and Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson said it’s worth $270 million, but he declined to break down how the money will be distributed to the conference’s 11 full-time members (Hawaii is a football-only member). Boise State will continue to receive the same additional revenue it received in the previous deal, Thompson said.

so those of you who say NDSU needs to add $10 mil/year well. heres $6 mil/year

Has the MWC offered to give NDSU 6 mill to join? NO. They arent cutting up their piece of the pie. Now go back to waving your unmagic wand and try to pull the rabblt out of the hat again.

56BISON73
01-14-2020, 07:51 PM
https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/brake-fbs-question-133770261/

This is the bottom line------

Now back comes reality – NDSU does not have a conference invite. There is no indication NDSU is on the radar of any FBS conference, and NDSU seems fine with that. It should be, because there are not many opportunities in FBS that give Bison football an unquestioned upgrade on its current position of primacy in FCS. While the Bison pull in less revenue in terms of bulk dollars, there is far more bang for the buck in FCS than in most of the Group of Five. The fact of the matter is, NDSU has broad autonomy and a perennial national championship contender at the FCS level. Surrendering that autonomy for anything that isn’t a massive, sweeping upgrade is a bad trade for Bison football.

Vet70
01-14-2020, 08:46 PM
https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/brake-fbs-question-133770261/

This is the bottom line------

Now back comes reality – NDSU does not have a conference invite. There is no indication NDSU is on the radar of any FBS conference, and NDSU seems fine with that. It should be, because there are not many opportunities in FBS that give Bison football an unquestioned upgrade on its current position of primacy in FCS. While the Bison pull in less revenue in terms of bulk dollars, there is far more bang for the buck in FCS than in most of the Group of Five. The fact of the matter is, NDSU has broad autonomy and a perennial national championship contender at the FCS level. Surrendering that autonomy for anything that isn’t a massive, sweeping upgrade is a bad trade for Bison football.

You already know what good this is going to accomplish. :banghead:

El_Chapo
01-15-2020, 02:33 AM
You already know what good this is going to accomplish. :banghead:

don't care what ross uglem says out FBS, he like you, loves being big fish in a small pond

Dean won't solicit even a dam phone call to Mountain West
Matt Larson surely won't do anything that would require a challenge.

that's the bottom line. THESE 2 WONT PICK UP THE PHONE & NDSU will Never Fulfill it's right to become a Big Time FBS program.

bisonaudit
01-15-2020, 03:10 AM
don't care what ross uglem says out FBS, he like you, loves being big fish in a small pond

Dean won't solicit even a dam phone call to Mountain West
Matt Larson surely won't do anything that would require a challenge.

that's the bottom line. THESE 2 WONT PICK UP THE PHONE & NDSU will Never Fulfill it's right to become a Big Time FBS program.

Fulfill its right? Really? No title t-shirts in the weight room but we're entitled to FBS?

Vet70
01-15-2020, 03:16 AM
Fulfill its right? Really? No title t-shirts in the weight room but we're entitled to FBS?

Look it up: "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of FBS".

El_Chapo
01-15-2020, 03:17 AM
Look it up: "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of FBS".

dam right. isnt' 128 - 8 and 8 titles enough to prove that NDSU is too big for FCS?

NDSU should've left in 2013 when we really had momentum and Carson Wentz coming back, we'd be a freakin powerhouse perennial top 25 team by now in 2020.

Christopher Moen
01-15-2020, 04:51 AM
dam right. isnt' 128 - 8 and 8 titles enough to prove that NDSU is too big for FCS?

NDSU should've left in 2013 when we really had momentum and Carson Wentz coming back, we'd be a freakin powerhouse perennial top 25 team by now in 2020.

How does NDSU "leave" in 2013 (you keep refusing to answer this question legitimately, meaning you ignore to understand how the real world works)? And if it had a possible way of doing so, Carson's future as a NFL player could have been jeopardize being that NDSU would have been under a transition period, which means no playoffs, no Championships games and most likely, no bowl game during his tenure as a Bison QB.

westnodak93bison
01-15-2020, 01:59 PM
Odell Beckham Jr. raises eyebrows after he appears to hand cash to LSU players after game

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/odell-beckham-jr-cash-lsu-players

#highestlevel

JMB
01-15-2020, 05:08 PM
How does NDSU "leave" in 2013 (you keep refusing to answer this question legitimately, meaning you ignore to understand how the real world works)? And if it had a possible way of doing so, Carson's future as a NFL player could have been jeopardize being that NDSU would have been under a transition period, which means no playoffs, no Championships games and most likely, no bowl game during his tenure as a Bison QB.

It seems interesting that we need to move up to find more competitive games, but in all the FBS scenarios we still kick the crap out everyone and are easily a top 25 team.

bisonp
01-15-2020, 05:27 PM
Odell Beckham Jr. raises eyebrows after he appears to hand cash to LSU players after game

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/odell-beckham-jr-cash-lsu-players

#highestlevel

Those bills look fake to me. I mean, I'm no expert, but the backsides are white.

El_Chapo
01-15-2020, 06:17 PM
Washington State new coach Rolovich..

Rolovich doesn’t have the same social media following as his WSU predecessor, but he’s just as active on Twitter as Leach, if not more so. The coach’s latest tweet? A poll, in which @NickRolovich posed a thought to fans while watching North Dakota State versus James Madison in the FCS title game, “Not sure if I’m more in love with this Qb play in the FCS championship or the woodchuck commercial.”

aces1180
01-15-2020, 11:22 PM
I hope we never go FBS just to deprive joy to certain people who think we are entitled.

El_Chapo
01-16-2020, 04:35 AM
I hope we never go FBS just to deprive joy to certain people who think we are entitled.

hurt the program or hold back the program because of our silent majority ? Do'h k. great fan you are.

westnodak93bison
01-16-2020, 01:00 PM
hurt the program or hold back the program because of our silent majority ? Do'h k. great fan you are.Why don't you just send an email to Matt & Dean offering to meet them and show them the way. Post the email here and include it with your letter to the editor of the Forum and Star Tribune. Maybe add your local Battle Lake or Breckenridge papers as well if they still exist. Should be easy since you have all the answers. Don't forget to include a rendering of the new stadium and the financials which are kind of important.

NDSUguy
01-16-2020, 01:59 PM
Make the FCS Great Again (MFGA)

During the FBS conversations there has been one main thread between both camps... Most everyone unhappy with the competition level in the FCS. The Pro-FCS camp loves to win National Titles with the notion that those titles matter. The Pro-FBS crowd will say that they don't matter since the FCS is watered down and most of the games don't matter (also known as the wake me up when you get to Frisco crowd).

One of the rallying cries of the Pro-FCS crowd is that the FCS as a whole just needs to get better. What practically can be done to make the FCS great again? Also, is this something that the FCS actually wants to do?

In my estimation, only about 5-10 schools in the FCS have football as their primary sport where they choose to fund up to the highest levels to compete and win.

With the other schools in the FCS that are not full steam ahead in football, do we ever expect that they get better? Do we think that the fringe competitive teams will somehow find the way to get better with more funding (and potentially taking away money from other more lucrative sports)?

These are all questions that we should be asking ourselves.

If we choose to not explore the FBS and stay in the FCS do we honestly think that the competition will get better or will it get worse?
IF we choose to set our sights higher it will cost a lot more but the competition that we'd face would 100% be better than it is now.

Is it more likely that the FCS will get better or that we could figure out a funding source to try our hand at the FBS?

Vet70
01-16-2020, 03:56 PM
IMO you are making a mistake at the outset that a number of posters make including the one leading the charge who thinks he has all the answers. That is reducing those who do not see a move as feasible now to an Anti-FBS or FCS forever stance.

NDSUguy
01-16-2020, 04:11 PM
IMO you are making a mistake at the outset that a number of posters make including the one leading the charge who thinks he has all the answers. That is reducing those who do not see a move as feasible now to an Anti-FBS or FCS forever stance.

In no way am i suggesting that the camp that you are in today is the same one that you may be in the future. The reality though is that where we are today is virtually the same spot we were in 5 years ago. There are 3-5 teams each year that realistically play for a championship in today's world. Does anyone think that in 5 years the competition will get better? What about 10 years? What makes anyone think that the FCS will find the money/resources to fund to the level to increase the number of challengers that actually have a chance at a Natty?

If the competition doesn't get better??? Then what? It's ok to be a shark in a pond filled with minnows?

If so, then i would suggest that we reduce the football budget and fund other sports (specifically Men's/Women's Basketball). No reason to spend at our current level if without really trying we could be a top 5 team annually. Much more bang for the buck to fund for example men's basketball than football.

aces1180
01-16-2020, 04:16 PM
Why don't you just send an email to Matt & Dean offering to meet them and show them the way. Post the email here and include it with your letter to the editor of the Forum and Star Tribune. Maybe add your local Battle Lake or Breckenridge papers as well if they still exist. Should be easy since you have all the answers. Don't forget to include a rendering of the new stadium and the financials which are kind of important.

I am on board with this.

Vet70
01-16-2020, 04:28 PM
In no way am i suggesting that the camp that you are in today is the same one that you may be in the future. The reality though is that where we are today is virtually the same spot we were in 5 years ago. There are 3-5 teams each year that realistically play for a championship in today's world. Does anyone think that in 5 years the competition will get better? What about 10 years? What makes anyone think that the FCS will find the money/resources to fund to the level to increase the number of challengers that actually have a chance at a Natty?

If the competition doesn't get better??? Then what? It's ok to be a shark in a pond filled with minnows?

If so, then i would suggest that we reduce the football budget and fund other sports (specifically Men's/Women's Basketball). No reason to spend at our current level if without really trying we could be a top 5 team annually. Much more bang for the buck to fund for example men's basketball than football.

The fact is NDSU is caught between a rock and a hard place in the current environment. I am not going to list everything because it has been discussed ad naseum. I will say that the suggestion that you have made will happen at NDSU when pigs fly. :D

oldmantutters
01-16-2020, 04:40 PM

If so, then i would suggest that we reduce the football budget and fund other sports (specifically Men's/Women's Basketball). No reason to spend at our current level if without really trying we could be a top 5 team annually. Much more bang for the buck to fund for example men's basketball than football.I think that you and I are probably in the same camp here. The problem with staying is the level of competition. The problem with moving up is that at the FBS level there are probably more teams at the start of the year that could feasibly win the Championship. But that number dwindles down to about same number of teams who could win FBS as could win FCS. This was probably the least controversial year as to who the 4 semifinal teams would be and Oklahoma showed there were really only 3 teams that belonged in the conversation. Minnesota finished in the top 10, do you think they would've fared well?

Our administration is saying the right things even though it's not the whole truth. They can say that NDSU is and belongs at the second level and they TECHNICALLY are. Realistically they are in the third tier (G5). The second tier, FOR ME, is appealing for 3 reasons.

1. Face new teams (including more P5 games).
2. More competitive games.
3. Bowl games don't do much for me but there are a few locations that could be fun (NY6 games withstanding, but it's doubtful NDSU gets an invite to any of those).

Ideally, NDSU would be able to work with some G5 schools with football as a main sport to start driving some change. Get together with some TV people, G5 ADs and push for some change in football. It'd be a HUUUUGE mountain to climb, but it could be done. Might be more doable to get the P5s on board to grenade the NCAA in P5 football.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
01-16-2020, 05:20 PM

sad thing is, some of the anti fbs crowd will be cheering for a NDSU loss soon so they can keep that narrative going.

it became very clear in playoffs this year and vs sub par teams at home, the fargodome had lots of empty seats, people already know the outcomes, NDSU has plateaued We CANNOT do anything more in FCS! that is the problem.

IF we are unwilling to even look at FBS (which is what Dean/Matt are telling us)
then the only way to right this potential sinking ship is to gather NDSU, JMU, UNI, SDSU, Youngstown, Montana, Montana State, Missouri State and make a coalition/committee to go after the G5 conferences and convince them to break off..... they will never break off.

and trust me, Dean & Matt know my thoughts, the 38,000 semi enclosed on campus stadium with 4 big donors is probably the most appealing, $50 million each, they each get a corner of stadium for marketing, they get suites. Raise the other $100 million and Voila... lets go and keep every dime to NDSU.

Bison 4 Life
01-16-2020, 05:32 PM
sad thing is, some of the anti fbs crowd will be cheering for a NDSU loss soon so they can keep that narrative going.

You're the one with the boner about all of our best players leaving early.

Christopher Moen
01-16-2020, 06:05 PM

it became very clear in playoffs this year and vs sub par teams at home, the fargodome had lots of empty seats, people already know the outcomes, NDSU has plateaued We CANNOT do anything more in FCS! that is the problem.

IF we are unwilling to even look at FBS (which is what Dean/Matt are telling us)
then the only way to right this potential sinking ship is to gather NDSU, JMU, UNI, SDSU, Youngstown, Montana, Montana State, Missouri State and make a coalition/committee to go after the G5 conferences and convince them to break off..... they will never break off.

and trust me, Dean & Matt know my thoughts, the 38,000 semi enclosed on campus stadium with 4 big donors is probably the most appealing, $50 million each, they each get a corner of stadium for marketing, they get suites. Raise the other $100 million and Voila... lets go and keep every dime to NDSU.

They're working hard to get one "big" donor to get the remaining dollars needed (less than 10 million I believe) for the IPF, but you realistically believe there are four "big" donors ready to drop $50 million dollars each? The frat boy partying into your 40s really did a lot of damage to your brain cells dude.

bisonp
01-16-2020, 07:34 PM

Yep. I think most fans would like to see a jump to FBS. Some of us just believe that that is a bridge too far right now for NDSU given the amount of money it would take, the limited resources available, the need for a new stadium, the state level politics that would be involved, and the unavailability of a good conference fit.

I'm willing to listen to ideas, but so far none of them are grounded in reality. If it's done, it needs to be done right, and personally I have not seen that path.

El_Chapo
01-18-2020, 07:35 PM
Boise State is mad with MWC TV contract https://twitter.com/BJRains/status/1218331890609881088?s=09

If Boise St leaves for AAC or goes indy like BYU.

HELLO NDSU to the Mountain west!

StL Bison Fan
01-18-2020, 08:32 PM
Boise State is mad with MWC TV contract https://twitter.com/BJRains/status/1218331890609881088?s=09

If Boise St leaves for AAC or goes indy like BYU.

HELLO NDSU to the Mountain west!
Better call the bank and order more checks

56BISON73
01-18-2020, 09:08 PM

Yeah
Tell be why they would want to help out some FCS teams? One of the reasons we havent gotten an invite is because nobody wants to keep cutting up the revenue
pie. They keep getting paid to be the red headed step child to the P5. You think they are going to break off because of us????

Damn dude this isnt rocket science.

El_Chapo
01-19-2020, 01:22 AM
we all need to keep an eye on this boise state situation.. could be a great opportunity for NDSU here

westnodak93bison
01-19-2020, 02:10 AM
Yep. I think most fans would like to see a jump to FBS. Some of us just believe that that is a bridge too far right now for NDSU given the amount of money it would take, the limited resources available, the need for a new stadium, the state level politics that would be involved, and the unavailability of a good conference fit.

I'm willing to listen to ideas, but so far none of them are grounded in reality. If it's done, it needs to be done right, and personally I have not seen that path.Agree.

56BISON73
01-19-2020, 02:18 AM

I'm willing to listen to ideas, but so far none of them are grounded in reality. If it's done, it needs to be done right, and personally I have not seen that path.

Yep................

Bison bison
01-19-2020, 02:30 AM
You know what would peak my interest--a conference worth a damn actually being interested to us.

El_Chapo
01-19-2020, 02:36 AM
You know what would peak my interest--a conference worth a damn actually being interested to us.

Mountain West would be a huge step up from western Illinois und indiana state. give me a break.

big 10 never.
big 12.. Maybe if we had a 50,000 seat stadium

natstar1
01-19-2020, 04:41 AM
Lakes, is there any FBS offer you say no thanks to?

roadwarrior
01-19-2020, 05:44 AM
Major announcement monday morning. I got the text. Either that or I've had too much alcohol.

El_Chapo
01-19-2020, 01:30 PM
Lakes, is there any FBS offer you say no thanks to?

probably the sun belt. Appy St & Georgia Southern would be fun to rekindle and JMU if they went there. but no thanks.

the MAC is interesting, but from what I see none of those schools want NDSU walking in and Dominating Day 1

Roadwarrior cant wait!!

El_Chapo
01-22-2020, 07:09 PM
AAAAND HERE WE GO! BOISE to AAC..NDSU to MWC

Following disagreements with the Mountain West regarding media deals, Boise State has now filed a lawsuit against its conference. https://t.co/Yv7TJ6i8kz

Christopher Moen
01-22-2020, 07:17 PM
Bison Alumnus, Gary Barta, is the new chair of the CFP Committee: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28537890/three-added-college-football-playoff-selection-committee-iowa-ad-gary-barta-new-chair

MNLonghorn10
01-22-2020, 07:27 PM
It's happening??

El_Chapo
01-22-2020, 08:05 PM
It's happening??

American wants Boise.. this gives Boise a way out

Enter NDSU like McMahon from WWF walking down the hallway

https://tenor.com/tOZw.gif

Professorbum
01-22-2020, 08:13 PM
American wants Boise.. this gives Boise a way out

Enter NDSU like McMahon from WWF walking down the hallway

https://tenor.com/tOZw.gif

I do think that Boise is leaving the MWC one way or another. But unfortunately, I don't believe that will translate to an NDSU invite. Despite having higher average attendance than half of the MWC (even in our small stadium) and despite traveling better than any of them, the MWC will look to a Texas school or possibly NMSU. We just haven't laid any of the groundwork or done any of the lobbying necessary for such an invitation to come.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-22-2020, 08:42 PM
Well if you believe comment-section rumors, NDSU already turned down the MWC, so there’s that (I don't believe this of course, as comment sections are typically quite full of BS ...).

However, there is one scenario that I think people need to keep in the back of their minds, and that would be forces in FCS trying to "even the playing" field by taking scholarships away from perennial powers like NDSU. NCAA runs the show (in FCS anyways) so it is not entirely out of the question, and I’ve seen grumbling to this effect on other FCS fan forums (looking at you Bobcats).

In my opinion, if something like this ever gains momentum, NDSU has to GTFO of FCS ASAP. That’s just my opinion, of course.

marenlee
01-23-2020, 01:28 AM
I know we all like shitting on MACtion and the Slumbelt. IMO I think that's the only way we get an invite and move up. Only way MWC or American would come calling NDSU is after being established and doing well in the MAC or Sunbelt.

Hammersmith
01-23-2020, 01:29 AM
I know we all like shitting on MACtion and the Slumbelt. IMO I think that's the only way we get an invite and move up. Only way MWC or American would come calling NDSU is after being established and doing well in the MAC or Sunbelt.

Agreed. First thing is to get your foot in the door.

TAILG8R
01-23-2020, 02:16 AM

Can't believe I am letting myself get pulled into this but if that is the case it's a necessity that the initial deal with one of those leagues doesn't handcuff us for too long. 3-5 years and out

Hammersmith
01-23-2020, 03:33 AM
Can't believe I am letting myself get pulled into this but if that is the case it's a necessity that the initial deal with one of those leagues doesn't handcuff us for too long. 3-5 years and out

Also agreed.

El_Chapo
01-23-2020, 03:38 AM
I do think that Boise is leaving the MWC one way or another. But unfortunately, I don't believe that will translate to an NDSU invite. Despite having higher average attendance than half of the MWC (even in our small stadium) and despite traveling better than any of them, the MWC will look to a Texas school or possibly NMSU. We just haven't laid any of the groundwork or done any of the lobbying necessary for such an invitation to come.

DING DING DING!! that's why i been screaming for the last 5 years. we shouldve been doing this.

56BISON73
01-23-2020, 03:39 AM
Mountain West would be a huge step up from western Illinois und indiana state. give me a break.

big 10 never.
big 12.. Maybe if we had a 50,000 seat stadium

To compare apples to apples in the bottom of the barrel comparison is New Mexico and San Jose State really better than WIU and ISU-B for curb appeal????????
This is the MWC boner your going to hang your hat on?????? :rolleyes:

westnodak93bison
01-23-2020, 03:42 AM
DING DING DING!! that's why i been screaming for the last 5 years. we shouldve been doing this.How are you so certain "ground work" has not been done?

Professorbum
01-23-2020, 04:25 AM
How are you so certain "ground work" has not been done?

The pres and the AD have told us as much on many occasions.

bisonaudit
01-23-2020, 06:07 AM
The pres and the AD have told us as much on many occasions.

I think maybe people hear what they want to hear.

wagsabison
01-23-2020, 10:19 AM
To compare apples to apples in the bottom of the barrel comparison is New Mexico and San Jose State really better than WIU and ISU-B for curb appeal????????
This is the MWC boner your going to hang your hat on?????? :rolleyes:

That’s just it. Boise leaves and there’s the most appealing conference mate. Outside of that there isn’t a team that most casual has a clue about.

We have traveled well to Frisco and our FBS games but there’s no way our fan base travels that well week in week out as a whole when games are +1000 miles away.

westnodak93bison
01-23-2020, 12:59 PM
The pres and the AD have told us as much on many occasions.Doesn't mean there isn't a plan

Professorbum
01-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Doesn't mean there isn't a plan

I am guessing they have contingency plans in case things blow up suddenly and so forth. I’m just saying that they’ve told us that this is not something they are pursuing. Nothing would make me happier than to find out that’s just what they had to say publicly and in fact they’ve been doing much more behind the scenes.

NDSUguy
01-23-2020, 01:42 PM
That’s just it. Boise leaves and there’s the most appealing conference mate. Outside of that there isn’t a team that most casual has a clue about.

We have traveled well to Frisco and our FBS games but there’s no way our fan base travels that well week in week out as a whole when games are +1000 miles away.

i wouldn't say that Boise is the only name in the MWC that matters.

Games against Wyoming, Colorado State and AirForce, UNLV would be a draw not to mention road games in Las Vegas, Denver and California... Fans travelling to games would go down for sure but the home games would be MUCH more exciting than they are now.

Our desire to go FBS should have nothing to do with how well we travel as a fan base.

scottietohottie
01-23-2020, 03:15 PM
I bet it takes less then 9 mwc championships in a row to get bored with the mountain west.

DePereBisonFan
01-23-2020, 03:25 PM
Remembering how SDSU stuck with us in the move to DI, I would love to keep the two schools a package deal to FBS. At least then we would have one bus trip in the MWC or MAC.

Also, it isn't going to happen.

El_Chapo
01-23-2020, 03:28 PM

Games against Wyoming, Colorado State and AirForce, UNLV would be a draw not to mention road games in Las Vegas, Denver and California... Fans travelling to games would go down for sure but the home games would be MUCH more exciting than they are now.

Our desire to go FBS should have nothing to do with how well we travel as a fan base.

and besides the 2500-3000 fans at SDSU every other year, NDSU fans arent travelling too many other places.
Plus the ALumni in those parts of the country will love it and You cant tell me we dont take thousands to Vegas, Colorado, Wyoming, San Diego? we will!

and dont give me the travel expense BS. Terra Haute, Youngstown are just as far as Colorado ST, Air Force, Wyoming

Christopher Moen
01-23-2020, 03:33 PM

Denver?

wagsabison
01-23-2020, 04:49 PM
We have a pretty small alumni base relatively speaking. Thousands aren’t traveling on a consistent basis. That’s all I’m saying.

Bisonator98
01-23-2020, 04:52 PM

If we just want our foot in the door then I'm for going Independent rather then tying ourselves to some far ranging conference for all sports. That would be a huge drain on our finances and no way out guaranteed. As an Indy we can keep our other sports in the Summit. We can make a scheduling alliance with the other Indy's. If a better conference offer comes along we can jump at it, in the mean time continue to grow our budget, facilities and improve all our sports.

ByeSonBusiness
01-23-2020, 04:54 PM
We have a pretty small alumni base relatively speaking. Thousands aren’t traveling on a consistent basis. That’s all I’m saying.

I'm with ya.

I dont turn on a football game on Saturday afternoon whether it's a home game or a road game and wonder "did enough road team fans show up?!?"

Totally get the whole "I like being able to drive to road games" thing but that would be a weird sticking point to opposing FBS. There was a time not so long ago when people were fine moving to FCS despite games being further away, wasnt NDSU hoping to join the freakin' Big Sky?

Mountain West would be cool. If the school took another step up and did well there, could be a new launching point for later hypothetically I suppose.

ndsubison1
01-23-2020, 05:53 PM
NDSU would be behind on facilities. Go look at South Alabamas IPF on NFL Network.

NDSUguy
01-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Denver?

Fort Collins is about an hour away from Denver. It's a really cool college town but people would also use the opportunity to do Denver, Mountains, etc.

Christopher Moen
01-23-2020, 10:33 PM
Fort Collins is about an hour away from Denver. It's a really cool college town but people would also use the opportunity to do Denver, Mountains, etc.

Yep, basically the same difference between Denver and Colorado Springs, especially since the USAFA is on the North side just across I-25 from the MW office building (I drive by it pretty much every time I go to bri-dog's watch parties). However, the enthusiasm for both teams isn't that great.

ByeSonBusiness
01-24-2020, 06:16 PM
Yep, basically the same difference between Denver and Colorado Springs, especially since the USAFA is on the North side just across I-25 from the MW office building (I drive by it pretty much every time I go to bri-dog's watch parties). However, the enthusiasm for both teams isn't that great.

Not sure why enthusiasm would be too important. If NDSU got Rutgers on the schedule a lot of people would use it as an excuse to visit NYC or Philly.

MWC has some neat destinations to check out and some real stinkers too.

Christopher Moen
01-24-2020, 08:09 PM
Not sure why enthusiasm would be too important. If NDSU got Rutgers on the schedule a lot of people would use it as an excuse to visit NYC or Philly.

MWC has some neat destinations to check out and some real stinkers too.

The enthusiasm of both fanbases suck, that's important.

56BISON73
01-24-2020, 09:17 PM
I am guessing they have contingency plans in case things blow up suddenly and so forth. I’m just saying that they’ve told us that this is not something they are pursuing. Nothing would make me happier than to find out that’s just what they had to say publicly and in fact they’ve been doing much more behind the scenes.

Gene Taylor's was quoted as saying they had talked to the mwc in regard to adding teams and expansion if it were to happen he wanted ndsu to be in the conversation.. so yes it has been talked about. You can also bet all of that information has been passed on to Matt. You can also bet tha Matt and ndsu know exactly what it takes to make the move.
One must also remember that ADs are one one big fraternity and they all know each other and talk.

td577
01-24-2020, 10:18 PM
The only way I see NDSU being able to make it happen is with the Fargodome for at least another 10 years and getting the full conference TV share from the beginning. Kind of like taking Boise State's spot as a full member. Then, is it even feasible to jump in as an all-sports member? Can NDSU be Hawaii east and go football only? The Summit is probably a much better footprint and timezone-wise for travel. Does dominance pave the way to P5? Could a decade of dominating the MWC lead to a Big 12 invite? If it does, will the state get on board with this? There is barely any way the MWC could happen without more support from the state but there is no way anything larger would happen without the state's support. This could look like un_ moving back down in all sports to support one big time D1 facility in the state.

The one thing that can't be lost in all of this is NDSU is one of only a handful of programs on any level that is as close to self-sustainment in athletics as possible for a state school. If there was any kind of move, this could possibly upset this balance. It is feasible NDSU could ride this train for a long time of dominating FCS and being semi-profitable in doing so. Even if it gets boring, people are still buying season tickets. I don't see that dropping off anytime soon.

Hammersmith
01-25-2020, 12:11 AM

I fully expect NDSU will be completely silent on the subject until when/if any deal is done. To start talking about it publicly would destabilize the Summit, which NDSU does not want to do in case any FBS talks would fall through. NDSU needs the Summit to stay healthy and as stable as possible right up until the moment a new conference deal is inked. With that in mind, I would suggest that no news on the subject means nothing either way.

56BISON73
01-25-2020, 12:26 AM

Exactly........

CAS4127
01-25-2020, 12:28 AM
I fully expect NDSU will be completely silent on the subject until when/if any deal is done. To start talking about it publicly would destabilize the Summit, which NDSU does not want to do in case any FBS talks would fall through. NDSU needs the Summit to stay healthy and as stable as possible right up until the moment a new conference deal is inked. With that in mind, I would suggest that no news on the subject means nothing either way.

Well, there is no way NDSU AD can be completely silent. That would include major/mid-major donors not being made aware and who have made this entire run happen to a great extent out of their pocketbooks. The “State of North Dakota” pocketbook, on the other hand, will never contribute significantly. Too much jealousy and parochialism in the legislature for that.

Vet70
01-25-2020, 12:45 AM
Well, there is no way NDSU AD can be completely silent. That would include major/mid-major donors not being made aware and who have made this entire run happen to a great extent out of their pocketbooks. The “State of North Dakota” pocketbook, on the other hand, will never contribute significantly. Too much jealousy and parochialism in the legislature for that.

I wonder if we will ever be able to move up without dragging UND along.

bisonaudit
01-25-2020, 12:47 AM
I wonder if we will ever be able to move up without dragging UND along.

Why? They didn’t want to come last time and when they finally did it hasn’t worked for them.

Vet70
01-25-2020, 12:53 AM
I can't believe that whether it works or not for them they would allow us to be the only FBS school in the state. I could very well be wrong.

CAS4127
01-25-2020, 01:13 AM
I can't believe that whether it works or not for them they would allow us to be the only FBS school in the state. I could very well be wrong.

You’re not wrong.

CAS4127
01-25-2020, 01:14 AM
Why? They didn’t want to come last time and when they finally did it hasn’t worked for them.

Butt Hockey...

56BISON73
01-25-2020, 02:04 AM

They are a load stone.

NDSU1980
01-25-2020, 02:19 PM
Well, according to a statewide poll published in the Forum, it looks like the majority of us want to stay FCS. The only people that want us to move up are UND hockey fans (seriously). And we are by far the most popular college team in the state, way above un_ hockey. Read it for yourself. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4879996-McFeely-Bison-football-fans-want-team-to-stay-FCS-poll-finds

Here's an easier to see version of the poll questions and answers: https://www.scribd.com/document/444159938/NDSU-FBS-Survey#from_embed

Bison Dan
01-25-2020, 03:10 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that if NDSU moved up and they only wanted NDSU, und would drop FB.

ByeSonBusiness
01-25-2020, 03:17 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that if NDSU moved up and they only wanted NDSU, und would drop FB.

Nah, they'd keep it. They are willing to tolerate not doing well as long as hockey is safe and sound.

Christopher Moen
01-25-2020, 05:22 PM
Well, according to a statewide poll published in the Forum, it looks like the majority of us want to stay FCS. The only people that want us to move up are UND hockey fans (seriously). And we are by far the most popular college team in the state, way above un_ hockey. Read it for yourself. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4879996-McFeely-Bison-football-fans-want-team-to-stay-FCS-poll-finds

Here's an easier to see version of the poll questions and answers: https://www.scribd.com/document/444159938/NDSU-FBS-Survey#from_embed

Sammy’s reaction while reading this:

https://i.giphy.com/media/owbp1CzIuv8Ig/giphy.gif

Professorbum
01-25-2020, 05:48 PM
Sammy’s reaction while reading this:

https://i.giphy.com/media/owbp1CzIuv8Ig/giphy.gif

That's actually my reaction too. McFeely says a "strong plurality" in favor of staying in FCS. 36% FCS to 30% for FBS, with the remainder unsure or not caring, is not a strong plurality. 45-49% for FCS, with all other options in the teens or single digits, would be a strong plurality. As it is, the sentiment of fans regarding FCS vs. FBS is relatively evenly divided.

ByeSonBusiness
01-25-2020, 05:57 PM
That's actually my reaction too. McFeely says a "strong plurality" in favor of staying in FCS. 36% FCS to 30% for FBS, with the remainder unsure or not caring, is not a strong plurality. 45-49% for FCS, with all other options in the teens or single digits, would be a strong plurality. As it is, the sentiment of fans regarding FCS vs. FBS is relatively evenly divided.

I hate polls like this.

I do find it amusing how support for FBS goes down the with older folks. Something tells me the people writing the checks are a little skeptical of writing much bigger checks for an unknown benefit.

NDSU1980
01-25-2020, 05:57 PM

Maybe they should have asked how many are willing to pony up SERIOUS money to move to FBS. Let's see how want to move up when they have to pay. I'd love a lot of things too if it involved someone else's money.

NDSUguy
01-25-2020, 05:59 PM

If a poll was done prior to the move to D1, i'm sure that those in favor of staying in D2 would have been MUCH higher. The reality is that in general people think that we have a good thing going in the FCS so why take a risk and ruin it. The sad reality is however that we have grown too big for FCS. There is no parity in the FCS and each time we win a Natty it is diminished.

bisonaudit
01-25-2020, 06:00 PM

Among NDSU fans it was 48-27.

Also, it looks like there were only 3 responses (don’t care and unsure are just two ways of saying ‘undecided’) so your idea of what a strong plurality is doesn’t work mathematically.

Professorbum
01-25-2020, 06:18 PM
Among NDSU fans it was 48-27.

Also, it looks like there were only 3 responses (don’t care and unsure are just two ways of saying ‘undecided’) so your idea of what a strong plurality is doesn’t work mathematically.

Well then, McFeely shouldn't have characterized it as a strong plurality if it's not possible to have one based on limited number of response choices. Bottom line...the sentiment is evenly divided among 3 responses available (if you combine unsure and don't care). Heck, the margin of error is practically 6%. And, it isn't accurate to say 48-27% among Bison fans. It was 48-27% among fans for whom Bison football is their favorite team. There are plenty of UND hockey fans and Vikings fans who also like the Bison. I think just about every doctor and lawyer I know was a NDSU undergrad and a UND law/med school grad. Dual loyalty is thing.

scottietohottie
01-25-2020, 06:31 PM
You guys lost me at forum.

56BISON73
01-25-2020, 09:08 PM
Maybe they should have asked how many are willing to pony up SERIOUS money to move to FBS. Let's see how want to move up when they have to pay. I'd love a lot of things too if it involved someone else's money.

The answer to that question was made when they offered tickets in the sec they took away from the students. Tons of people were called that were on the supposed list and a ton turned them down.

23Bison
01-25-2020, 10:17 PM
Well the Turtle Mountain Times didn’t run this poll so therefore I didn’t know about it and demand a recount!

wagsabison
01-25-2020, 10:32 PM
Most people don’t even realize the difference between FCS and FBS I’m guessing.

Bisman
01-25-2020, 11:01 PM
According to the poll, women and democrats are in favor of moving to FBS, but men, republicans and especially independents are not.

TransAmBison
01-26-2020, 03:26 AM
Well then, McFeely shouldn't have characterized it as a strong plurality if it's not possible to have one based on limited number of response choices. Bottom line...the sentiment is evenly divided among 3 responses available (if you combine unsure and don't care). Heck, the margin of error is practically 6%. And, it isn't accurate to say 48-27% among Bison fans. It was 48-27% among fans for whom Bison football is their favorite team. There are plenty of UND hockey fans and Vikings fans who also like the Bison. I think just about every doctor and lawyer I know was a NDSU undergrad and a UND law/med school grad. Dual loyalty is thing.At first I was going to say you were flat out wrong...but after reading what you said a couple times, you do make good points. I'll have to ponder. The 48-27 amount is surprising...and can't be discounted. It just can't. But, your point about dual loyalty is a thing, no doubt...which does cloud things. Probably the biggest thing I took away from it was the percentage of people that didn't care. That is surprising. That is the market the FBS crowd needs to target.

El_Chapo
01-26-2020, 03:31 AM
mcfooly and his douchy counterparts rigged this for clicks. fake news. what a joke

FBS or Bust. we goin to MWC!!

Professorbum
01-26-2020, 03:36 AM
According to the poll, women and democrats are in favor of moving to FBS, but men, republicans and especially independents are not.

Well then there's hope for the country, as this proves that a republican can find common ground with a democrat. Rare. But it can be done.

TransAmBison
01-26-2020, 03:39 AM
mcfooly and his douchy counterparts rigged this for clicks. fake news. what a joke

FBS or Bust. we goin to MWC!!I don't believe it was rigged. I do support going to the MWC, though. They offer, we take. Now go make it happen. Until then, go raise some money.

Professorbum
01-26-2020, 03:43 AM

EC, you know I'm a fan and a defender. But that's just adorable. For reasons you yourself have identified, we likely aren't going anywhere. I'll be very happy to eat my shoe-phone if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly confident that won't be necessary.

natstar1
01-26-2020, 05:01 AM

It would get more clicks if it said fans were sick of FCS and wanted to move up.

I think the casual fan wants to stay FCS. I never even hear FCS/FBS debate brought up, unless I'm the one mentioning it.

El_Chapo
01-26-2020, 09:22 PM
The "hate click" business model. The only way mainstream media can generate web traffic these days.

JMB
01-27-2020, 07:13 PM

Is there a break down by city? I am very interested in the results for Hoople.

El_Chapo
01-30-2020, 04:25 AM
Another reason for a Mountain west move

Great Basketball!! San Diego st is top 5 and undefeated

and Colorado St is awesome. check this scene after CSU game winning shot 2nite. I wish that was NDSU BB atmosphere
https://twitter.com/Jayson_ortiz/status/1222731525432545280?s=19

Christopher Moen
01-30-2020, 06:49 AM

and Colorado St is awesome. check this scene after CSU game winning shot 2nite. I wish that was NDSU BB atmosphere

Don’t worry, the Mountain West schools probably wished they had NDSU’s football atmosphere.

ByeSonBusiness
01-30-2020, 01:51 PM
Don’t worry, the Mountain West schools probably wished they had NDSU’s football atmosphere.

I'm sure they lose sleep at night over it.

Christopher Moen
01-30-2020, 03:25 PM
I'm sure they lose sleep at night over it.

They (MW Staff) were pretty defensive when I asked them their opinion about how the P5 conferences were forcibly keeping the G5 schools from being able to participate in the CFP, so maybe.

Bisonator98
01-31-2020, 01:25 PM

Lol can you imagine what those teams would do to Dave's boys.....:facepalm2:

El_Chapo
01-31-2020, 03:48 PM
Lol can you imagine what those teams would do to Dave's boys.....:facepalm2:

well, NDSU could upgrade basketball with a mountain west move.

hell softball & track & field have to be getting bored beating up on the summit.

Bisonator98
01-31-2020, 08:30 PM
well, NDSU would have to upgrade basketball prior to a mountain west move.

hell softball & track & field have to be getting bored beating up on the summit.

FIFY now get on it

El_Chapo
02-11-2020, 02:23 PM
sounds like the Mountain west will cave in to Boise State demands...... but Air Force could be facing decisions too.

stay tuned !!!

56BISON73
02-11-2020, 05:38 PM
sounds like the Mountain west will cave in to Boise State demands...... but Air Force could be facing decisions too.

stay tuned !!!

Already did a week ago.

bisonaudit
02-12-2020, 01:47 AM

stay tuned !!!

Texas:Big XII::Boise:MWC

El_Chapo
02-12-2020, 03:39 AM
Texas:Big XII::Boise:MWC

yea probably.
Would love to be apart of this.

westnodak93bison
02-12-2020, 04:23 PM
#highestlevel. Two Ohio State football players suspended following rape, kidnapping charges

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/two-ohio-state-football-players-suspended-following-rape-kidnapping-charges

El_Chapo
02-12-2020, 05:17 PM
#highestlevel. Two Ohio State football players suspended following rape, kidnapping charges

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/two-ohio-state-football-players-suspended-following-rape-kidnapping-charges

this has ZERO to do with FBS. It could happen at NAIA , D3, HS for pete's sake. talk about strawman

El_Chapo
02-12-2020, 05:44 PM
https://herosports.com/college-football/north-dakota-state-fbs-record-ahah

NDSU would fare at FBS.

I disagree with some of it. NDSU with 22 more full rides, pulling the top 2-3 recruits from UNI, SDSU etc would help and stealing kids from Minn/Iowa/Wyo/Wisconsin and anyone in the MAC would defintely help elevate NDSU.

TAILG8R
02-12-2020, 06:25 PM
https://herosports.com/college-football/north-dakota-state-fbs-record-ahah

NDSU would fare at FBS.

I disagree with some of it. NDSU with 22 more full rides, pulling the top 2-3 recruits from UNI, SDSU etc would help and stealing kids from Minn/Iowa/Wyo/Wisconsin and anyone in the MAC would defintely help elevate NDSU.

For those that don't want to search through the whole podcast NDSU talk starts at 35:53

El_Chapo
02-12-2020, 06:35 PM
For those that don't want to search through the whole podcast NDSU talk starts at 35:53

you're a hero

bisonaudit
02-13-2020, 12:47 AM
yea probably.
Would love to be apart of this.

Fortunately we are apart from it.

GreenfieldBison
02-13-2020, 01:26 PM
Jamar Cain story...

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-jamar-cain-s-recruiting-prowess-winning-pedigree-has/article_d0f6bbdc-4e01-11ea-be7c-530a453d59a9.html

El_Chapo
02-14-2020, 02:40 PM
Reason #374 why we need to move up.

To break the Wyoming Beer records at Bowl games

https://county10.com/wyoming-fans-help-break-arizona-bowl-beer-sales-record-by-a-lot/

El_Chapo
02-14-2020, 03:19 PM
and EWU report shows us that its FBS or bust time

fcs level lacks revenue generation