PDA

View Full Version : 2015 schedule

Herd12
09-29-2014, 02:50 PM
This might be a dumb question, but are we trying to schedule a 4th non-conference game for 2015 or are we good with the 8 conference games +3 non-con? Seems like an opportunity for a 7th regular season home game.

Professor Chaos
09-29-2014, 02:51 PM
This might be a dumb question, but are we trying to schedule a 4th non-conference game for 2015 or are we good with the 8 conference games +3 non-con? Seems like an opportunity for a 7th regular season home game.
There's only 12 Saturdays next year between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving so, per NCAA rules, back to 11 game schedules (until 2019 I think).

Bison03
09-29-2014, 03:03 PM
i know what game I'd buy out so NDSU can give Carson a shot in his senior year to showcase his skills vs a big school please!

Didn't Carson already do that this year at Iowa State? Also, why the hell would we buy out of a home game?!! And why would be go on the road and not have 6 home games?!! How can anyone take anything you say seriously when you have this stupid logic.

SDbison
09-29-2014, 03:04 PM
There's only 12 Saturdays next year between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving so, per NCAA rules, back to 11 game schedules (until 2019 I think). So that rule only applies to FCS, and not to the so called big dogs in FBS? Why doesn't the NCAA just make one set of rules for the pampered FBS schools and another for the majority of all other member schools?

HerdBot
09-29-2014, 03:05 PM
i know what game I'd buy out so NDSU can give Carson a shot in his senior year to showcase his skills vs a big school please!

That could be college gameday #3 if we four peat and are undefeated.

bdg64
09-29-2014, 03:25 PM
That could be college gameday #3 if we four peat and are undefeated.

Why would we want to have game day come here when we play UN_. We want to showcase our team not share the attention with those from up north. I am against playing them too, we are just helping build them up with this game and the pay day that we are giving them. Let them suffer without us.

Professor Chaos
09-29-2014, 04:07 PM
So that rule only applies to FCS, and not to the so called big dogs in FBS? Why doesn't the NCAA just make one set of rules for the pampered FBS schools and another for the majority of all other member schools?
That has everything to do with the playoffs. FBS teams, for the most part, play their last regular season games Thanksgiving weekend with some teams finishing up the next week. FCS leagues who compete in the playoffs can only play 11 games most years in order to be eligible to compete in the playoffs since they have to be done by the Sunday before Thanksgiving. In years like this year FBS teams have 2 or 3 bye weeks prior to bowl season.

HerdBot
09-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Why would we want to have game day come here when we play UN_. We want to showcase our team not share the attention with those from up north. I am against playing them too, we are just helping build them up with this game and the pay day that we are giving them. Let them suffer without us.

So by that argument we did incarnate word and Deleware State a HUGE favor. They should be FCS powerhouses anytime soon! This is bigger than the team from up north.

roadwarrior
09-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Listed below are the FBS teams that had offered NDSU a game in 2015:

daddy daycare
09-29-2014, 04:52 PM

Looks good to me.

HerdBot
09-29-2014, 05:33 PM

Looks to be as intriguing as the team we played this weekend named BYE.

Tatanka
09-29-2014, 05:35 PM

Wait, what was the third one again?

tjbison
09-29-2014, 05:48 PM

exactly, not as easy as just calling them and saying hey let's play.......our great play is hurting our scheduling for these games, take the B1G out of scheduling FCS and it's worse.

MAC, MWC, CUSA schools are not going to pay us big dollars to come in and beat them to a pulp, sucks but it's reality

El_Chapo
09-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Forget it can't talk here. Meet me at turf road warrior!

roadwarrior
09-30-2014, 02:09 AM
Forget it can't talk here. Meet me at turf road warrior!

Hell no! You know where to find me: Macomb this Saturday

El_Chapo
09-30-2014, 03:03 AM
Waterloo Brookings & youngstown is enough of the mvfc I need to see its the triple play of scenic views ;)

NDSU1980
09-30-2014, 03:07 AM
So by that argument we did incarnate word and Deleware State a HUGE favor. They should be FCS powerhouses anytime soon! This is bigger than the team from up north.

Well no way we share game day with those idiots. I'd rather not have GD than let them have part of the spot light. What have you been smoking???

HerdBot
09-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Well no way we share game day with those idiots. I'd rather not have GD than let them have part of the spot light. What have you been smoking???

Your sound scared of UND and your so sensitive about them being on Gameday, you would rather we don't get gameday at all. You don't share it with the visiting team. You drown them out.

Unreal. What have I been smoking? What kind of hormone injections have you been taking?

SamsRams
09-30-2014, 03:36 AM
The only thing reported after gameday by local media will be the loud SiouxSuckShit chant that will be heard. If that makes the air Gameday would never come back. So until Bison fans grow up and stop the chant I agree that no Gameday is better than Gameday in town for UND. The likelyhood NDSU doesnt come out with negative press is very very low

El_Chapo
09-30-2014, 04:35 AM
Agree no GAMEDAY

Tatanka
09-30-2014, 04:38 AM
The only thing reported after gameday by local media will be the loud SiouxSuckShit chant that will be heard. If that makes the air Gameday would never come back. So until Bison fans grow up and stop the chant I agree that no Gameday is better than Gameday in town for UND. The likelyhood NDSU doesnt come out with negative press is very very low

Agree 100% with this. Sad but true.

NDSUstudent
09-30-2014, 05:06 AM
Your sound scared of UND and your so sensitive about them being on Gameday, you would rather we don't get gameday at all. You don't share it with the visiting team. You drown them out.

Unreal. What have I been smoking? What kind of hormone injections have you been taking?

Gabe for one listen to the BS UN_ spews to the media. I watch their games on ESPN3 and Big Fluffy TV and the opposing announcers just spew trash that is fed to them by UN_ spinmeisters. "The gap with NDSU is narrowing quickly"...."UND is the flagship school in ND blah blah blah." Why would you want to give them a national stage to spew that trash on and give them a game that will make them feel like they are relevant? Plus like others have said our fans will say stupid things, they will make stupid signs, we will look like a bunch of backward hicks. Everything that gameday coming here has done, will be undone. Stay away Gameday, stay a long way away.

I want the UN_ game to be nothing more than a complete and total beatdown in front of a statewide audience. I want them to gain nothing from scheduling us, I want them to be ripping their admin and coaches for even scheduling the game and dreading having to come back to Fargo for another beatdown in 2019.

ndsubison1
09-30-2014, 08:16 AM

dude already happened on this years gameday

Rock
09-30-2014, 11:33 AM
I was at game day this year in the early morning. Lot of college kids, suck chants from very early on and when 2 hockey jersey kids showed up the chants seemed to occur over and over by a limited, but loud group.

If gameday comes back for that game my biggest concern is instead of 2 fans, what about 200 fans of the other school lining up for game day in the tight makeshift tunnel for the pit area with 500 from NDSU after bar close and "mingling" for hours as the crowds on both sides grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamsRams
09-30-2014, 11:39 AM
I was at game day this year in the early morning. Lot of college kids, suck chants from very early on and when 2 hockey jersey kids showed up the chants seemed to occur over and over by a limited, but loud group.

If gameday comes back for that game my biggest concern is instead of 2 fans, what about 200 fans of the other school lining up for game day in the tight makeshift tunnel for the pit area with 500 from NDSU after bar close and "mingling" for hours as the crowds on both sides grow.

I get the joke. haha yeah sure, they have 200 football fans. knee slapper right there!!

ZHerd
09-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Gabe for one listen to the BS UN_ spews to the media. I watch their games on ESPN3 and Big Fluffy TV and the opposing announcers just spew trash that is fed to them by UN_ spinmeisters. "The gap with NDSU is narrowing quickly"...."UND is the flagship school in ND blah blah blah." Why would you want to give them a national stage to spew that trash on and give them a game that will make them feel like they are relevant? Plus like others have said our fans will say stupid things, they will make stupid signs, we will look like a bunch of backward hicks. Everything that gameday coming here has done, will be undone. Stay away Gameday, stay a long way away.

I want the UN_ game to be nothing more than a complete and total beatdown in front of a statewide audience. I want them to gain nothing from scheduling us, I want them to be ripping their admin and coaches for even scheduling the game and dreading having to come back to Fargo for another beatdown in 2019.

Unfortunately, they already have improved some and we will be losing the heart of our defense. Giving them a beat down may not be so easy. They are the one school I would absolutely love to run up the score on.

Rock
09-30-2014, 12:42 PM
I get the joke. haha yeah sure, they have 200 football fans. knee slapper right there!!

Not so fast on football my friend! the fans from the other school I saw this year wore hockey jerseys and had signs on hockey sticks (too dark for a definitive turtle neck sighting)

Herd12
09-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately, they already have improved some and we will be losing the heart of our defense. Giving them a beat down may not be so easy. They are the one school I would absolutely love to run up the score on.

What the hell does that mean? We've signed almost every recruit that both teams wanted for the last 4 years and our player development is by FAR the best in the FCS and we're probably among the best 20 schools in the country in that category. To consistently have one of the best 50 programs in the country while losing the recruiting battle to almost every FBS school should tell you something.

This is a PROGRAM. UN_ is going to get slaughtered by NDSU next season, and to be honest, if they came to Fargo and we played our entire second string defense we'd slaughter them right now. NDSU doesn't rebuild they reload. DeLuca, PGT, Stumpf, Hahn, Smith and Board will be just fine next year replacing a bunch of NDSU hall of famers.

HerdBot
09-30-2014, 02:06 PM

I don't take offense to fans and media of the other team having an optimistic view about their future. Reality is some day they will put together a decent program. It's inevitable. Heck they are even putting their money where their mouth is and building an IPF, something we apparently don't think we need because were so modest and conservative by nature.

We won't improve the program if we spend all our time worrying about UND. Worry about ourselves. Worry about raising money and upping coaching salaries so we don't turn over 75% of our staff. Stuff like Gameday helps with this

The only valid argument I've hears is from SamsRams and the Sioux Suck Shit chants, which I actually think is a good point.

tony
09-30-2014, 02:18 PM
The only valid argument I've hears is from SamsRams and the Sioux Suck Shit chants, which I actually think is a good point.

It only takes one photo of a "Sioux suck" shirt on twitter or facebook and you've got a national news story.

I don't see chants getting turned into a national news story. The Herald will go crazy but the rest of the country will go "Vulgar chants at a football game? Since when is that news?"

BYZEN
09-30-2014, 02:36 PM
It only takes one photo of a "Sioux suck" shirt on twitter or facebook and you've got a national news story.

I don't see chants getting turned into a national news story. The Herald will go crazy but the rest of the country will go "Vulgar chants at a football game? Since when is that news?"
I am afraid that the SSS chant will be overwhelming at gameday if they came for the UN_ game. Therefore, I would rather ESPN didn't come back then come for that game. Can you say, "Public Relations Disaster.":facepalm:

southcliffbison
09-30-2014, 02:41 PM
Is the NDSU/Unod football game on Sept. 19th 2015, the only game in America that weekend? Why would Game Day come to Fargo when USC/Stanford; Georgia Tech / Notre Dame; Iowa/Pitt..et al are also playing. Wow !! Screw the Sioux !! Don't want GD in Fargo that weekend.

Herd12
09-30-2014, 02:47 PM

I agree. The image would be much, much worse. Chants are vulgar a lot and are usually disregarded. Shirts can live on in social media infamy.

ndsubison1
09-30-2014, 04:40 PM
What the hell does that mean? We've signed almost every recruit that both teams wanted for the last 4 years and our player development is by FAR the best in the FCS and we're probably among the best 20 schools in the country in that category. To consistently have one of the best 50 programs in the country while losing the recruiting battle to almost every FBS school should tell you something.

This is a PROGRAM. UN_ is going to get slaughtered by NDSU next season, and to be honest, if they came to Fargo and we played our entire second string defense we'd slaughter them right now. NDSU doesn't rebuild they reload. DeLuca, PGT, Stumpf, Hahn, Smith and Board will be just fine next year replacing a bunch of NDSU hall of famers.

many ppl also said we would slaughter them in basketball

Tatanka
09-30-2014, 05:31 PM

This. Don't forget, you could make the argument that next year's game is the most important thing to happen to their athletic program in the last decade plus, and not get laughed out of the room. While NDSU is focused on winning the conference and a possible four peat, they are focused on one thing... The Bison. Should it be a beat down? Yes. Will it? TBD.

BadlandsBison
09-30-2014, 05:35 PM
This. Don't forget, you could make the argument that next year's game is the most important thing to happen to their athletic program in the last decade plus, and not get laughed out of the room. While NDSU is focused on winning the conference and a possible four peat, they are focused on one thing... The Bison. Should it be a beat down? Yes. Will it? TBD.
The old "flying monkeys" will do their best to distract NDSU's team as well. I'm glad we're getting this first game out of the way but it will be an agonizing buildup

BadlandsGrizFan
09-30-2014, 07:45 PM

Since it became affiliated with a tribal nation...those guys will "SIOUX" you over anything.....see what I did there:rofl:

NDSUstudent
09-30-2014, 07:55 PM

Basketball and football are very different. Upsets are much more likely in hoops, you can rebuild very quickly because you can turn it around in one recruiting class. In football it takes multiple recruiting classes...Bubba has to build for 2019 if he wants to take us down. It is going to be a slaughter next year, UN_ has no offensive talent.

Also we did crush in UN_ in hoops in the first game and really our team was well below average that season.

ndsubison1
10-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Basketball and football are very different. Upsets are much more likely in hoops, you can rebuild very quickly because you can turn it around in one recruiting class. In football it takes multiple recruiting classes...Bubba has to build for 2019 if he wants to take us down. It is going to be a slaughter next year, UN_ has no offensive talent.

Also we did crush in UN_ in hoops in the first game and really our team was well below average that season.

True but I think my point still stands. No guarantee we will be awesome every year. We lose the heart and soul of our defense. We've done a great job with turnover the last several seasons but no guarantee the next guys up (lose all 3 starting LB for example) will come in and replicate the same success. IMO I think Bubba will turn them around eventually. Next season does have me nervous with a lot of new guys on D trying to fill in some big spots. However we will return a lot on offense and should be solid there. Chances are we will beat them next season, but not by the margin people are expecting most likely. 2019 who knows.

daddy daycare
10-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Any given Saturday. Not sure why fans talk so much sh*t there's only 1 thing that can happen from that and it's not good.

BisonNeil
10-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I don't take offense to fans and media of the other team having an optimistic view about their future. Reality is some day they will put together a decent program. It's inevitable. Heck they are even putting their money where their mouth is and building an IPF, something we apparently don't think we need because were so modest and conservative by nature.

Ummmm, what am I missing here?

I need to check with my wife, but I could have sworn that I wrote a donation check for this but are you telling me I got scammed?

I could have sworn I saw them breaking ground and pouring concrete for footings? No?

Someone help me out with my confusion please? Road? Help!!! Anyone...

Tony Almeida
10-01-2014, 06:46 PM
True but I think my point still stands. No guarantee we will be awesome every year. We lose the heart and soul of our defense. We've done a great job with turnover the last several seasons but no guarantee the next guys up (lose all 3 starting LB for example) will come in and replicate the same success. IMO I think Bubba will turn them around eventually. Next season does have me nervous with a lot of new guys on D trying to fill in some big spots. However we will return a lot on offense and should be solid there. Chances are we will beat them next season, but not by the margin people are expecting most likely. 2019 who knows.

Well said. This game is not going to be easy.

NDSUstudent
10-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Well said. This game is not going to be easy.

LOL, UN_ has given me nothing to fear them or even be concerned. Their offense struggled to put points on the board against Montana State's horrible defense, their defense gave up 26 points against a team that had multiple players not playing and their fans are celebrating that kind of effort. The also continue to roll out a QB that is well beyond bad.

When UN_ gets a competent QB and solid OL call me. Until then Bubba has some work to do if he wants to play us in a competitive game.

G_Funky
10-01-2014, 07:45 PM
At least we'll get street cred for playing 3 Big Fluff schools because, you know, they have the almighty EWU Vernon Adamses

HerdBot
10-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Ummmm, what am I missing here?

I need to check with my wife, but I could have sworn that I wrote a donation check for this but are you telling me I got scammed?

I could have sworn I saw them breaking ground and pouring concrete for footings? No?

Someone help me out with my confusion please? Road? Help!!! Anyone...

Bubble is a temporary solution. Even St Cloud State has one so it's not that big of a deal. (Although it's very functional) We need a real IPF we can be proud of. Theres a big difference between a bubble and a real IPF like UN_, SDSU, and Youngstown will be getting.(or have) Need to impress and we can't let them kick our ass in facilities. Also the bubble would be used by other teams. Need space

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/PmyyNnPakdCmJzIXxUgk7__OT4F9V2LQoUwb2oH1qkvbhV9y-mw8T3wlDIqKS8J8MEcljq_v3PcldxjX_vhYwVMJf_0ow6vbsik gTCzBr0S-mCUYFJ_rARBgadqv=w676-h387-nc

Herd12
10-01-2014, 09:02 PM

non-conference college basketball games are COMPLETELY different than football games. The upset is far more likely in basketball. There is a level of physical domination in football that can be negated in basketball by poor officiating (see last year's UN_ loss) or a hot hand or foul trouble. Losing the UN_ in hoops was meaningless to last season. It was infuriating but utlimately meaningless. Losing one of 11 games in football would be catastrophic for NDSU.

Yes, next year's game will be the most important thing UN_ has done since the move to D1, but that doesn't mean they're not going to get absolutely waffle-stomped.

StL Bison Fan
10-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Yes, next year's game will be the most important thing UN_ has done since the move to D1, but that doesn't mean they're not going to get absolutely waffle-stomped.

I think they will be ecstatic if they just go toe-to-toe with the Bison. It will be quite a morale victory.
And there is no purple

Bookem
10-02-2014, 03:45 PM
non-conference college basketball games are COMPLETELY different than football games. The upset is far more likely in basketball. There is a level of physical domination in football that can be negated in basketball by poor officiating (see last year's UN_ loss) or a hot hand or foul trouble. Losing the UN_ in hoops was meaningless to last season. It was infuriating but utlimately meaningless. Losing one of 11 games in football would be catastrophic for NDSU.

Waffle-stomped, that should be in the dictionary. No rush though, un_ is fairly familiar with this term.

ndsubison1
10-02-2014, 04:50 PM

See post 39

runtheoption
10-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Yes, next year's game will be the most important thing UN_ has done since the move to D1, but that doesn't mean they're not going to get absolutely waffle-stomped.I would have gone with hucklebucked, but this also works.

Bison Loaf
10-02-2014, 05:55 PM
I think they will be ecstatic if they just go toe-to-toe with the Bison. It will be quite a morale victory.
And there is no purple

Agreed. Except that "Hard Fought" is the new "Toe-to-Toe". I noticed this nuanced semantic change while listening to the Montana game last week. Therefore, no matter how the game turns out next year with us (the scoreboard doesn't matter, remember), it WILL BE a "hard fought" contest no matter what. Ecstasy will be generated off of that alone!