PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Bison for taking care of Griz nation!

4loveofgame
09-24-2014, 03:21 AM
For being a Griz alum and now many year Fargo resident and Bison supporter, as well, I couldn't be prouder of how the Bison and Griz fans had such a fun and respectful time over the weekend. I didn't hear one negative comment either way and talked to hundreds of fans. I had friends come over from MT and many on here took them to the Turf and other places to take care of them and make sure they had a great time. That is what college football is all about...as I have been telling many for years about this passionate football fan base and fun tailgating experience. Griz fans are looking for the next Appalachian state fan base now that they are gone that: cared about their program as much, had some great games over the years both out of conference games and playoffs, and took care of each other at the their home tailgating experiences. I remember telling fans 10 years ago that Bison should be an FCS powerhouse which it is now as the Bison will win a 4th title unless they beat themselves or major injury bug strikes key players. Who will beat them in dome in playoffs and another home game in Frisco? Only close game might be at uni. Those 5 four year starters on defense are special players at this level. No one at this level has all together talent on: offense, defense, special teams, and coaching to get it done this year again. The bison are the closest thing to Boise St I have seen that could make jump to FBS success with recruiting strongholds in ND, SD, MN, WI, NE that should never change, a school and administration that invests in program, has facilities that are outstanding and they pay their coaches at high levels compared to peer programs, and they have a fan base that would die for them in a community that is growing crazy and picking up new fans daily, supports them financially, and travels everywhere...plus the national media loves them. It's too bad they have to wait to see how things shake out with no good conference opportunities now in FBS as I really believe they would be successful at FBS level The Missouri Valley is lucky Bison (and Jacks to some degree to make conference fcs strongest the last few years top to bottom)came on board so they could get it done in playoffs with Youngstown not recovering the last 10 years from glory days and northern iowa always stumbling usually early in playoffs. I also can't believe southern Illinois can't get it back on track again with what they had going not too long ago.

Sadly the Griz are rebuilding to be a consistent annual top 5-10 program like old and couldn't give the Bison a close game which was too bad for all. They are probably the 20th best team in nation with their weakest/youngest oline in 30 years. They have a coaching staff trying to put players recruited for a spread offense into power offense which doesn't work. I doubt they make playoffs honestly unless offense gets on track but at least played hard here... as that is all you can ask for as an alumni. Until they get their facilities (locker rooms, weight rooms, academic center (which is started) etc) from some of the worst in big sky, they aren't getting the talent both in recruiting players (and low paying their coaching staff) as in the past , gonna be hard to get back in lead pack. It was great for program to come play bison in dome and see where they are at.

Cheers to the bison fans (even lakes) having as good a time next year in Missoula and hopefully get taken care of by alpha and the boys. Here is your chance to tailgate at halftime with thousands. Don't let me down Griz fans!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-24-2014, 05:16 PM
For being a Griz alum and now many year Fargo resident and Bison supporter, as well, I couldn't be prouder of how the Bison and Griz fans had such a fun and respectful time over the weekend. I didn't hear one negative comment either way and talked to hundreds of fans. I had friends come over from MT and many on here took them to the Turf and other places to take care of them and make sure they had a great time. That is what college football is all about...as I have been telling many for years about this passionate football fan base and fun tailgating experience. Griz fans are looking for the next Appalachian state fan base now that they are gone that: cared about their program as much, had some great games over the years both out of conference games and playoffs, and took care of each other at the their home tailgating experiences. I remember telling fans 10 years ago that Bison should be an FCS powerhouse which it is now as the Bison will win a 4th title unless they beat themselves or major injury bug strikes key players. Who will beat them in dome in playoffs and another home game in Frisco? Only close game might be at uni. Those 5 four year starters on defense are special players at this level. No one at this level has all together talent on: offense, defense, special teams, and coaching to get it done this year again. The bison are the closest thing to Boise St I have seen that could make jump to FBS success with recruiting strongholds in ND, SD, MN, WI, NE that should never change, a school and administration that invests in program, has facilities that are outstanding and they pay their coaches at high levels compared to peer programs, and they have a fan base that would die for them in a community that is growing crazy and picking up new fans daily, supports them financially, and travels everywhere...plus the national media loves them. It's too bad they have to wait to see how things shake out with no good conference opportunities now in FBS as I really believe they would be successful at FBS level The Missouri Valley is lucky Bison (and Jacks to some degree to make conference fcs strongest the last few years top to bottom)came on board so they could get it done in playoffs with Youngstown not recovering the last 10 years from glory days and northern iowa always stumbling usually early in playoffs. I also can't believe southern Illinois can't get it back on track again with what they had going not too long ago.

Sadly the Griz are rebuilding to be a consistent annual top 5-10 program like old and couldn't give the Bison a close game which was too bad for all. They are probably the 20th best team in nation with their weakest/youngest oline in 30 years. They have a coaching staff trying to put players recruited for a spread offense into power offense which doesn't work. I doubt they make playoffs honestly unless offense gets on track but at least played hard here... as that is all you can ask for as an alumni. Until they get their facilities (locker rooms, weight rooms, academic center (which is started) etc) from some of the worst in big sky, they aren't getting the talent both in recruiting players (and low paying their coaching staff) as in the past , gonna be hard to get back in lead pack. It was great for program to come play bison in dome and see where they are at.

Cheers to the bison fans (even lakes) having as good a time next year in Missoula and hopefully get taken care of by alpha and the boys. Here is your chance to tailgate at halftime with thousands. Don't let me down Griz fans!

Too...........many...........words.

Seriously though, nice post.

Green1
09-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Had lots of fun with the Montana fans before the game. Looking forward to future games!

56BISON73
09-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Talked to some Montana fans after the game and thanked them for coming to Fargo. They said it was a great experience and wouldnt have missed it for the world. They commented on how everyone was so friendly! Even after losing they all had a smile on their faces when they talked about how much fun they had.

CAS4127
09-25-2014, 04:00 AM
OP is Griz1952 in case peeps didn't realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tatanka
09-25-2014, 12:28 PM

Can't tell if serious.

runtheoption
09-25-2014, 01:43 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNo effin way. Did the old coot troll us better than anyone?

CAS4127
09-25-2014, 01:56 PM
No effin way. Did the old coot troll us better than anyone?

Me thinks he saw the light a bit.

AjaxTheMighty
09-25-2014, 02:09 PM

Holy smokes! You must be a salesman, insurance or maybe kirby vacuums or something. I feel like buying something from you!

loudsilverado
09-25-2014, 03:11 PM
No effin way. Did the old coot troll us better than anyone?

I don't think so, I think Charlie is wrong.

Bisonator98
09-25-2014, 05:25 PM

Can't be, I herd Griz1952 was still trying to round up enough posse for his 3-7-77 plans.

tojo70
09-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Can't be, I herd Griz1952 was still trying to round up enough posse for his 3-7-77 plans.

He's got the entire Montana Highway Patrol backing him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Montana_Highway_Patrol.jpg

loudsilverado
09-25-2014, 07:11 PM
This is a friend of AG1's and not Griz1952.