PDA

View Full Version : O-Line comments from Montana game.

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2014, 02:01 PM
I was really impressed with Landon Lechler yesterday. He did a great job against one of the best pass rushers in the FCS. Wagenmann was touted as a NFL prospect and I hardly heard his name yesterday. Landon definitely held his own and basically made Wagenmann a non-factor.

Plus it looks like Hinz is doing really well also. The whole O-line did a great job!!

Hats off to the O-Line....:judges:

HandoEX
09-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I tried watching Wagenmann and he was at RDE most of the game opposite Haeg from what I saw.

Lechler is looking great though! He is will be all conference in his time here.

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2014, 02:25 PM
I tried watching Wagenmann and he was at RDE most of the game opposite Haeg from what I saw.

I saw that too. He was on both sides. Landon did a heck of a job against him when he was on his side. The O-Line did a great job yesterday.

BisonNeil
09-21-2014, 02:58 PM

No, that's not correct. He was mostly on the left side, only on very rare occasions did he go to the right side.

Lechler and Plankers did a great job on him.

KyleK
09-21-2014, 03:05 PM
The Rams brought it yesterday

sbark
09-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Announcers quoted Griz coach that NDSU was the best power run team in the country at this point.........they do it more and do it the best......
Best compliment that a OLine could get, and for the coaches to stay with it long term.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-21-2014, 03:38 PM
The O-line answered many questions yesterday. They had a very good game.

westnodak93bison
09-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Did we rotate on the o-line?

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2014, 04:51 PM

Plankers was in at OT again this week.

Thunder_Struck
09-21-2014, 05:14 PM
I didn't watch real close but it seemed like Plankers played as many plays as Lechler at RT.

A1pigskin
09-21-2014, 08:26 PM
I was really impressed with Landon Lechler yesterday. He did a great job against one of the best pass rushers in the FCS. Wagenmann was touted as a NFL prospect and I hardly heard his name yesterday. Landon definitely held his own and basically made Wagenmann a non-factor.

Plus it looks like Hinz is doing really well also. The whole O-line did a great job!!

Hats off to the O-Line....:judges:

I noticed that too.

BisonNeil
09-22-2014, 01:22 AM

Lechler started but Plankers played a lot. Kuhnert started instead of Schueller but he also played a lot, so the answer is yes. Klieman said all season.

scottietohottie
09-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Wagenmann was touted as a NFL prospect and I hardly heard his name yesterday.

Yeah a prospect for the Dallas cowboys cheerleaders!

reformedUNDfan
09-22-2014, 02:52 AM
we have 4 of the rotation (plankers, lechler, kuhnert, kelly) plus Johnson for two seasons after this one. My god.

Tatanka
09-22-2014, 03:49 AM
we have 4 of the rotation (plankers, lechler, kuhnert, kelly) plus Johnson for two seasons after this one. My god.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/mother_of_god.jpg

Kermit
09-22-2014, 04:13 AM

Close, but not quite. Kelly is a junior.

BisoninNWMN
09-22-2014, 11:53 AM
The O-line will only get better as the season progresses.

We have a young line too....:judges:

CAS4127
09-22-2014, 03:38 PM
I was impressed with our Oline play, but sure would have liked to see us pin our ears back and get a rushing touchdown or two instead of having to settle for a field goal. We are still not even close to last years Oline.

Bison"FANatic"
09-22-2014, 03:42 PM
I am still surprised how well we were running it when Montana was basically lining up in a 4-4 with safety help behind and we were still reeling off 5+ yards a shot and a shoe string tackle away from breaking quite a few runs.

MankatoBison
09-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Our line manned up HARD on Saturday- consistently and systematically moved their D-Line WHEREVER they wanted too, time and time again. Rams are as advertised.

Also so much for that all-American "best in the FCS" DE of theirs...?? hahah shows what kind of O-Lines there are in the Big Fluffy when we shut him down like a JV player with 2 or 3 separate lineman with ease.

56BISON73
09-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Our line manned up HARD on Saturday- consistently and systematically moved their D-Line WHEREVER they wanted too, time and time again. Rams are as advertised.

Also so much for that all-American "best in the FCS" DE of theirs...?? hahah shows what kind of O-Lines there are in the Big Fluffy when we shut him down like a JV player with 2 or 3 separate lineman with ease.

You forgot ---except in the Red Zone correct. :biggrin:

CAS4127
09-23-2014, 12:04 AM

Whether he did or not, your post is well taken.

When the blood is in the water you have to strike ... We didn't Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Factor
09-23-2014, 12:22 AM
We will need them. The defense is gonna take a few licks next year from graduation.

roper1313
09-23-2014, 02:24 PM
What we don't have on the O-line is one of. The top left tackles in all of college football. Billy could have started for pretty much every P5 team in the country last year.

I'm never worried about the Rams, but he was a HUGE difference maker. Tough to replace a NFL tackle.

reformedUNDfan
09-23-2014, 05:24 PM
What we don't have on the O-line is one of. The top left tackles in all of college football. Billy could have started for pretty much every P5 team in the country last year.

I'm never worried about the Rams, but he was a HUGE difference maker. Tough to replace a NFL tackle.

don't right off haeg yet.

steelbison
09-23-2014, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;918454]Whether he did or not, your post is well taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

CAS, I agree with you. But I thought the play calling was very questionable in the red zone. Thought we got too cute. Too much jet sweep spread it out crap for me. I think if we had just continued what we were doing to get into the red zone we would have scored some TD's.

steelbison
09-23-2014, 06:36 PM

Haeg has been pretty good!!! He is manhandling his guy and hasn't been close to giving up a sack...Not saying he's Billy, just saying he's pretty damn good.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-23-2014, 06:41 PM

Coaches never consistently gave them the chance. They opted to throw instead.

runtheoption
09-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Thought we got too cute. Too much jet sweep spread it out crap for me. I think if we had just continued what we were doing to get into the red zone we would have scored some TD's.Just trying out some stuff with another non-conference patsy, getting ready for the important games. If that is a MVFC game, I think Keller has 2 FG's instead of 5 (replace FG's with TD's), and the score is a lot different.

perthbison
09-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Just trying out some stuff with another non-conference patsy, getting ready for the important games. If that is a MVFC game, I think Keller has 2 FG's instead of 5 (replace FG's with TD's), and the score is a lot different.That's how I see it too. We have a reliable kicker too.

344Johnson
09-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Whether he did or not, your post is well taken.

That will cost NDSU if it is not fixed.

Herd12
09-23-2014, 06:56 PM
We will need them. The defense is gonna take a few licks next year from graduation.

That is for sure. Losing 53 and the back 5 is not going to be ideal. Exciting stuff, for sure, but not ideal.

G_Funky
09-23-2014, 07:41 PM
They showed up and they did what The Rams do. They mauled. They made mistakes, both mentally and physically, but at the end of the day the offense had the ball for almost 40 minutes. That isnt even close to achievable without the 5 guys up front getting shit done...