PDA

View Full Version : Field Turf

Gully
09-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Thinking ahead to the Gophers game and at the risk of starting another long Field Turf discussion....has NDSU ever played on Field Turf? I can't seem to recall a game in the past.

Silly question......will they wear the same shoes as on the FFD artificial turf?

somebison
09-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Montana, Northwestern St and Augie?

Gully
09-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Ok. I wasn't at Montana or Northwestern State. I thought Augie had a grass field? Did they recently upgrade?

Bisonguy
09-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I believe it was installed at Howard Wood Stadium prior to the 2003 season, the last year NDSU played at Augie.

broke_back_mnt
09-30-2006, 01:29 PM
FYI, The Morris Cougars just built a new stadium and installed field turf. *We never played there of course.

I was at that Augi game and I cant remember what turf they had. I seem to remember a very green field.

sambini
09-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Montana had field turf. You can wear cleats on the stuff.

coloradobison
09-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I believe it was installed at Howard Wood Stadium prior to the *2003 season, the last year NDSU played at Augie.
Right on the money Bisonguy.

SloStang
09-30-2006, 04:06 PM
SFA recently installed field turf.

Hammerhead
09-30-2006, 06:19 PM
You wear grass cleats instead of turf shoes. Many high schools here in Oregon are switching to field turf because grass just won't hold up once the winter rains come in early November.

West_River
10-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Were was the field turf? It was harder then the fargodome.

ndsubison
10-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I am a big proponent of Field Turf and I think it would be the cat's meow if the FFD could do it. However, Field turf is not realistic for the FFD, given all the other events and restructuring that goes on in there. My solution (translated: DREAM :)) is a 30,000 seat outdoor stadium with Field Turf, massive tailgating, alcohol sales during the game, etc etc etc. Kinda like Wash-Griz. We have a better FB team but those folks in Missoula know how to do it right. We could take a lesson from that.

No_Skill
10-01-2006, 02:16 PM
I am a big proponent of Field Turf and I think it would be the cat's meow if the FFD could do it. *However, Field turf is not realistic for the FFD, given all the other events and restructuring that goes on in there. *My solution (translated: *DREAM *:)) is a 30,000 seat outdoor stadium with Field Turf, massive tailgating, alcohol sales during the game, etc etc etc. *Kinda like Wash-Griz. *We have a better FB team but those folks in Missoula know how to do it right. *We could take a lesson from that.

Six years ago one of my friends got married in Bozeman. They had their reception in the Stadium Club of Bobcat Stadium (remember this was before any public talk of NDSU going DI-AA). I was certainly impressed. What die-hard Bison fan wouldn't love to have thier wedding reception at a top notch Bison Football Stadium?