PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating in Fargo?

BadlandsGrizFan
09-18-2014, 04:52 PM
So at the Montana games...we have a large section for anyone and everyone to tailgate...open to the public...not associated with all the private tailgaters....I think its put on by the GSA or something...anyways they have tap beer and bottles available...its a good mix of both teams fans...you buy tickets to get your beers.....is there something similar to this in Fargo...or is it just private tailgates?

MrSnuffleupagus
09-18-2014, 05:00 PM
So at the Montana games...we have a large section for anyone and everyone to tailgate...open to the public...not associated with all the private tailgaters....I think its put on by the GSA or something...anyways they have tap beer and bottles available...its a good mix of both teams fans...you buy tickets to get your beers.....is there something similar to this in Fargo...or is it just private tailgates?

The Turf.

or tailgating.

tjbison
09-18-2014, 05:00 PM

GA lots, better get there at 5am or earlier to get a spot, otherwise park on east side of dome and come over and mingle

I do believe the alumni tent has drinks and beer for sale to anyone but I could be totally wrong

80% of the west lot is reserved spots but all are welcome
come to walk around and bs

bison93
09-18-2014, 05:02 PM
All private. Wear your Grizz shirt and you will be invited into every tailgate you walk by. I guarantee you will be well taken care of.

tjbison
09-18-2014, 05:04 PM
All private. Wear your Grizz shirt and you will be invited into every tailgate you walk by. I guarantee you will be well taken care of.

incorrect, south end of the west lot is GA

MrSnuffleupagus
09-18-2014, 05:43 PM
GA lots, better get there at 5am or earlier to get a spot, otherwise park on east side of dome and come over and mingle

At least...

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2014, 05:48 PM

that sounds like a shitty ass tailgate. we'll show you how its done.

CAS4127
09-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Simple answer: Buy your own beer/alcohol, put it in a cooler and head to the west lot (west side of Dome). You have to drink from plastic cups tho, so you may wanna bring some along. Once you get to the west lot, walk up and down the rows, and you will be fed, given drinks/shots and the game will be talked about. No need to worry about any confrontations. There will likely be smack, but you can retort without concern. You'll have fun!!

MrSnuffleupagus
09-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Simple answer: Buy your own beer/alcohol, put it in a cooler and head to the west lot (west side of Dome). You have to drink from plastic cups tho, so you may wanna bring some along. Once you get to the west lot, walk up and down the rows, and you will be fed, given drinks/shots and the game will be talked about. No need to worry about any confrontations. There will likely be smack, but you can retort without concern. You'll have fun!!

I have yet to ever see or hear (although im sure it happens) anyone having any confrontations with anyone from an opposing teams. It seems to me that fans when we are at home and away, love to yell at the opposing fan to 'get over here' and it usually results in a shot/beer or two.

The only negative thing I have ever seen was last weekend when a group of UN_ fans were walking around in their 'my-dad-is-a-laywer-and-will-sue-you' outfits (khaki shorts, sperrys, collard shirts) acting VERY arrogant. That and im fairly certain one of them put a cigarette out on our Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Tube Man; resulting in a hole.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-18-2014, 06:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZihieGeRDA

BisonNation11
09-18-2014, 06:30 PM

That is so cute that this is your game of the year. We usually reserve that title for the game is Frisco :nod::D:duel::innocent::bong:

MrSnuffleupagus
09-18-2014, 06:35 PM
That is so cute that this is your game of the year. We usually reserve that title for the game is Frisco :nod::D:duel::innocent::bong:

Touche :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2014, 06:36 PM

They are trying to hold on to that #3/#4 ranking they got in the shitty polls as long as they can.

Both should have an asterisk.

*#25 Sam Houston State

Wally
09-18-2014, 06:54 PM

Might want to check your spelling in that cute little video. Montana education? Send that video to The Forum and I'm sure they have a position for you.

mango
09-18-2014, 07:00 PM

This, it's a first rate operation in Fargo. The tailgate is fantastic and I was welcomed with open arms and plenty of shots last time SDSU played up there.

Tatanka
09-18-2014, 07:02 PM

#superbowl

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Might want to check your spelling in that cute little video. Montana education? Send that video to The Forum and I'm sure they have a position for you.

Come on, they want to be Surpreme, don't you?

WYOBISONMAN
09-18-2014, 07:07 PM
That is a damn sweet video! I'm sure glad I have tickets and I'm flying out to this game otherwise I would probably be in tears right now! Thanks for the post.

walknroehl
09-18-2014, 07:10 PM
There is a large tent on the south end of the tailgating lots that has an open to the public cash bar in it as well. It's a fenced off area and I don't think they want you taking that alcohol out of that area. They have rentacops checking if I recall correctly. I think this more what OP was asking about. As everyone said though your best option would be to just park in the dome lot and bring a cooler and walk around the tailgating lots. You will get fed and probably take some shots.

BadlandsGrizFan
09-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Come on, they want to be Surpreme, don't you?

From the sounds of things this is your guys big game too. Best program you've had come to the FargoDome since Georgia Southern...in fact Montana and GS are the only top rate programs you've had come into the Fargodome in recent years...maybe Youngstown..how long ago was that? Otherwise you guys can just continue to beat up Indiana State and Incarnate Wards of the world.

Tatanka
09-18-2014, 07:24 PM
From the sounds of things this is your guys big game too. Best program you've had come to the FargoDome since Georgia Southern...in fact Montana and GS are the only top rate programs you've had come into the Fargodome in recent years...maybe Youngstown..how long ago was that? Otherwise you guys can just continue to beat up Indiana State and Incarnate Wards of the world.

and Coastal Carolina. But yes, valid point.

56BISON73
09-18-2014, 07:25 PM

Dont forget SHSU who seal clubbed you guys in to submission. Oh you also forgot Iowa State, Kansas State, Colorado State. Did I mention SHSU who thrashed you? Oh I guess I did.:biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2014, 07:25 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if you think that's how it's actually spelled.

Of the teams that are actually ranked higher in credible polls, 3 of them came to the Fargodome last year.

Bison Bridge Guy
09-18-2014, 07:28 PM
and Coastal Carolina. But yes, valid point.

Wofford...tough as hell.

WYOBISONMAN
09-18-2014, 07:28 PM
I guess so far Montana hasn't been good enough to make it to Fargo during the playoffs. Little bitter about that?

CAS4127
09-18-2014, 07:37 PM

I'll take you for the precise wording of your post. Best "program" since GSU?! Ya, probably.

Best team?!?! Ummmm .... no!! I'll just use something called Coastal Carolina as a reference.

And, as far as you attempting to rip on the MVFC, Montana in the last several years would have been middle of the pack from what I saw up in Forks last year, and I think you were better last year than this year. And any reference to beating MVFC teams in the PO's is without merit. Try playing an entire season in the MVFC where football is actually played on Saturdays rather than a two-team track meet.

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2014, 07:40 PM

Now claiming it's an "auto correct"

I don't think they know what that means.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2014, 07:58 PM
So, what is the appropriate hour to get a GA spot? Game is at 2:30, so figure they open at 0930. Is that right? 0730 early enough?

BisonNation11
09-18-2014, 08:00 PM
So, what is the appropriate hour to get a GA spot? Game is at 2:30, so figure they open at 0930. Is that right? 0730 early enough?

I'd aim for at least 6:30. Big game, big tailgate, nice weather (hopefully). Last year no matter the game we'd shoot for 4-5 hours before open. Ended up near the first corner almost all year.

Tatanka
09-18-2014, 08:00 PM

You may choose to go earlier for this one.

TAILG8R
09-18-2014, 08:04 PM

7:30 may get you in the lot but you will be picking through the leftovers to find a place to set up.

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2014, 08:20 PM
As long as you're behind the frisco cruiser, TSCF

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TAILG8R
09-18-2014, 08:21 PM
As long as you're behind the frisco cruiser, TSCF

Just park far enough back so when she doesn't start you can swing around and wave as you go by! ;)

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2014, 08:22 PM
She purrs now..we'll be the ones starting you f'ers!

HerdBot
09-19-2014, 12:44 AM

The Missouri Valley has 5 teams ranked in the top 25 and our worst team beat an FBS Mac Team, the other played you last weekend closely, and the other best fellow Big Fluffy program UN_ 35-0

Coastal Carolina who you guys struggled with. Furman. Georgia Southern. James Madison. Wofford. SDSU in the playoffs.

BlueBisonRock
09-19-2014, 12:46 AM
The Missouri Valley has 5 teams ranked in the top 25 and our worst team beat an FBS Mac Team, the other played you last weekend closely, and the other best fellow Big Fluffy program UN_ 35-0

That analysis really is not fair Bot... After all, everyone beats up on that Dakota Big Sky member...

Other than that, pretty much right on.

Bisonfan1
09-19-2014, 06:44 AM
About 1800 hrs on Game day. Victory Sausage time. Should have no problem finding a parking spot. See ya then !! :biggrin:

1998braves64
09-19-2014, 10:34 AM
About 1800 hrs on Game day. Victory Sausage time. Should have no problem finding a parking spot. See ya then !! :biggrin:

may have to dodge a couple security and or Fargo police officers... :)

StL Bison Fan
09-19-2014, 01:32 PM
For those who go through campus, be aware that Albrecht will be closed from 12th to the fork in the road. They are pouring concrete.

Tatanka
09-19-2014, 01:50 PM
What WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217055016/southparkfanon/images/5/53/SheilaBroflovski.png

Good Lord can they eff up traffic for game day any more?

StL Bison Fan
09-19-2014, 02:04 PM
What WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217055016/southparkfanon/images/5/53/SheilaBroflovski.png

Good Lord can they eff up traffic for game day any more?
Why, yes they could. I am sure they are working on it. Steam lines will be involved.

CyPanth
09-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Seriously. Does Montana tailgate anything like you guys? I hated the sight of all your buses driving past us in Ames while we tailgated! Hard to imagine that Montana could keep up with you.

Tatanka
09-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Seriously. Does Montana tailgate anything like you guys? I hated the sight of all your buses driving past us in Ames while we tailgated! Hard to imagine that Montana could keep up with you.

Dude, you really need to get up here to Fargo for a game. Your brain would explode.

Bison03
09-19-2014, 05:30 PM

Knowing plenty of Montana people, they can drink with the best of them. Not sure how well they tailgate. But I love seeing visiting fans in the tailgate lot. I like many others, will always invite them over and talk with them, offer some food and drinks and welcome them to Fargo. We like to talk smack on message boards a lot but when it comes down to it, we all are pretty nice people who love drinking, eating, and talking football with a fellow FCS powerhouse. Welcome ot Fargo Griz fans. Let's have some fun watching great football.

THEsocalledfan
09-19-2014, 05:45 PM

You see, we have a unique situation where the anti-alcohol forces have limited Bison tailgating to an artificially small area. Due to that, folks have banded together and poured thousands of dollars into rigs one trying to top the other. I do admit it makes Bison Tailgating quite unique even if the footprint needs to expand.

Bison bison
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Most of those rigs are farm trucks and were 179'ed to drop income tax liabilities.

CyPanth
09-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Dude, you really need to get up here to Fargo for a game. Your brain would explode.

Maybe next year when UNI comes to Fargo ... or maybe this year in the playoffs ... though December might not give me the full experience ... oh, and I need to get my immunizations up to date ...

marenlee
09-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Maybe next year when UNI comes to Fargo ... or maybe this year in the playoffs ... though December might not give me the full experience ... oh, and I need to get my immunizations up to date ...

Just don't get within 50 feet of Izzy and you should not get anyting life-threatening.

StL Bison Fan
09-20-2014, 05:05 AM
Gonna be a good tailgate:

@NDSURyanNelson: The line for @NDSUfootball tailgating is a block long at midnight the night before the game! #unbelievable #BisonNation

THEsocalledfan
09-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Line is now back to Albrecht half way up R lot.

Bison"FANatic"
09-20-2014, 12:52 PM
You see, we have a unique situation where the anti-alcohol forces have limited Bison tailgating to an artificially small area. Due to that, folks have banded together and poured thousands of dollars into rigs one trying to top the other. I do admit it makes Bison Tailgating quite unique even if the footprint needs to expand.

The swing in conditions that we have to tailgate in also causes people to have the rigs and more weatherproof set ups. We have gone from 100 to -30 degrees, no wind to you swear a hurricane warning should be issued, beautiful skies to complete downpours to snow. It's just the North Dakota way.

El_Chapo
09-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Need a pic of frisco cruiser...

MNLonghorn10
09-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Need a pic of frisco cruiser...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/20/yde5aduh.jpg

El_Chapo
09-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Hey that's my mouse!! I will puke on that thing today. Can I bring my sombrero?