PDA

View Full Version : SFA Postgame Thoughts

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Post 'em here

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Nice win, without the dreaded letdown. LB's played great, but the secondary needs some work.

Next week will be a real test.

coloradobison
10-01-2006, 01:53 AM
good win for the bison on the road....need to get back at it and focus on GSU for next week and another road game....congrats to the boys, good work!

imported_admin
10-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Brutal stretch in the schedule here. Any win on the road is a good one.

I thought SFA was a darn good team.

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Big game next week. *We have been talking about if for a couple of years.

SFA is a great team. Well coached and ready to play. Its a great matchup. I hope we play them a lot.

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 01:55 AM
This one was closer than I had expected, but a win is a win.

SFA came out and wanted the win, but the Bison wanted it more.

That first half TD before halftime sure came in handy.

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Next week- 14 football national championships between two teams!!!!!

It's like the I-AA Battle of the Titans, or something like that.

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Its a lot of fun when we play great teams like that. *This one looks a lot like the Delta State game a couple of weeks ago. *Delta gave up 14 in a 3 pt win over SFA.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 01:57 AM
OK.....I locked the other threads, so this it the one to use for post game...... I have ADHD and can't follow three of them.... ;)

coloradobison
10-01-2006, 01:57 AM
It sure did....we seemed to move the ball in the second half but couldnt keep it together to get some points, a fumble (apparent) and a missed fg hurt also...

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Two things to watch out for next week.....those penalties....and NO turnovers!!

coloradobison
++

broke_back_mnt
We have to have somebody riding heard. Im positive of that. Might as well be a Woyoming boy. ;D

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 01:59 AM
We have to have somebody riding heard. *Im positive of that. *Might as well be a Woyoming boy. * ;D

Yes.....I will be drinking beer for all of you while I am down there!!

kchats
10-01-2006, 01:59 AM
I thought the Bison missed Zach Harrington tonight. Hopefully Harrington is back next week because the Bison will need him for Georgia Southern. Running game struggled against a good and fast defense. That last drive of the first half was very big in providing breathing room for the win. Defensive line didn't get as much pressure as normal. Let's hope the boys get their legs back for next weeks game. Bison are now 4-0 after another tough road win.

coloradobison
10-01-2006, 02:00 AM
good man....i will get you back at homecoming!

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 02:00 AM

Yeah, turnovers have been a problem this year, especially since they were such a positive the last couple of years.

The defense doesn't seem as aggressive to cause turnovers this year.

tony
10-01-2006, 02:05 AM
Ohoh! Tyler Roehl having hamstring problems... not good.

coloradobison
10-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Ohoh! Tyler Roehl having hamstring problems... not good.
hopefully kittleson or someone is getting comfortable at the position so they can help out a little bit

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Might have to work on some two tightend running sets. That is the way the NFL does it lets do it too.

WYOBISONMAN
I agree with kchats......k-chats or kc-hats......what ever he is called..... ;)

Hambone
Quick note - ISU beats UNI 28-27 after scoring a TD with a little over a minute left. You guys may not care, but I know there were score updates in the game thread.

Congrats to the Bison on their win tonight!

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:08 AM
I was pulling for UNI.......I like those upsets!

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Bison will be beating Iowa State in 2009. ;) Right now we have Georgia Southern to worry about.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:10 AM
It seems after the GSU score tonight that GSU may be a lot better than the record indicates.....

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Quick note - ISU beats UNI 28-27 after scoring a TD with a little over a minute left. *You guys may not care, but I know there were score updates in the game thread.

Congrats to the Bison on their win tonight!

Thanks, and in other scores, tOSU just scored to go up 28-10 over Iowa. (Gonzalez just had one of the best under 30 yard TD receptions I've seen- it will be on SportsCenter for sure :))

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:11 AM
By the way.....the Griz are taking it to PSU.....16-0 in the 2nd....

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 02:12 AM
I hear that Wyo. This Bud if for you! Go BISON! ;D ;D ;D 4-0 aint bad in this league!

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:12 AM
They have to pound them since Portland State charged their fans $55 a seat.

Nebraska still leading Kansas 24-19.

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Thats exacty twice what Roger Thomas charged. I might forgive him yet. ;D :D 8-)

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 02:14 AM
They have to pound them since Portland State charged their fans $55 a seat.

Nebraska still leading Kansas 24-19.

Griz fans deserve it. Well, a few of them at least. :P

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Good for Portland St.

The Chicago Cubs are setting up an ticket auction site for the initial sale of tickets, and it's about time. It's better for that money to go the the team than to a 3rd party.

semobison
10-01-2006, 02:19 AM
How bout S. Utah over Cal Poly 7-3 at the half!! :o :o

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Kansas on Nebraska's 1 yard line with 7 minutes left. *Nebraska 24- Kansas 19.

Kansas scores on a pass to the tightend to take the lead 25 -24.

Mike Maresh's interception really was a big play getting the ball back after Walker's fumble.

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Big game tonight. SFA, big name in DI-AA. BISON are working their way up the ladder. Winning where they should and stealing a few. GSU next week. Yes, it is a big game. Who wins dont know yet. I will know, but not now. Its an essential win for NDSU.

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 02:21 AM
How bout S. Utah over Cal Poly 7-3 at the half!! :o :o

Yeah, some have said that UC-Davis and NDSU might take the top two spots in the GWFC this year.

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Cal Poly is missing James Noble who is out with an injury. Their offense isn't holding up its end of the bargain this year. Hopefully NDSU can finally beat them in I-AA.

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:23 AM
NDSU let up 70 rush yards (200 passing)

led time of poss by approx 4 min

8 pen for 45 (SFA 6 for 46) pretty even

Defense 3 sacks

Walker 20-24 for 214 and a TD

Heck 8 rec for 103

Steph 100 yards rush on 24, 1 TD

Drago 51.4 average 5 punts

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Kansas goes for 2 and gets sacked. KU 25 Nebraska 24. with about 6 minutes left in the game at Nebraska.

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:27 AM
Here is a link to the Live Stats.

http://livestats.www.collegesports.com/livestats/data/m-footbl/424258/gt_index.html

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:30 AM
Nebraska just scored another touchdown to take the lead back from KU on a sideline pass. Nebraska gets 2 points and now leads 32 -25 over KU.

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Lots of new names emerging on both sides of the ball.

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:32 AM
TV idea:

I don't get the Vikings games in DC but I do have NFL network and the last 2 weeks the Vikings game has been on NFL replay on Tue or Wed. They condense the game down to like 2 hours, cut in the post game interviews at key points so the conversation lines up with the on field action, etc.

If DAY can't get prime time from the network and/or enought ad dollars to up road games on TV real time, maybe they can send a camera, cut the radio over it, condense it and run a replay at midnight instead of infomercials, or throw it on cable access or the web site for the die hards with relatively little additional cost.

Probably a pipe dream and I'm sure there are plenty of technical or business obsticles to making it happen, but perhaps a viable interim step to a full broadcast schedule.

TonkaBison
10-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Offensive line worried me some in the first half but firmed up in the second. Blincoe appears to be the man of the future. Have to stop the turnovers!

Did anyone catch their announcers bashing SU's schedule at the beginning of the game but then bragging about how they did well against the #11 team at the end? This in between bashing against the officials! Gimme a break you wouldn't hear that out of Fargo announcers!

I'm looking forward to some Georgia Autumn sunshine starting next Friday see you at the game!!! 8-)

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Phil Hansen is a great anouncer for the BISON.

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:40 AM
one minute left in the Nebraska Kansas game with Kansas on the 25 of Nebraska. Nice defensive play by Nebraska.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:41 AM
What an upset if SUU takes Poly...... :o :o

maybe going to that SUU game will be more than just a golf outing to Mesquite!

Bisonguy
Offensive line worried me some in the first half but firmed up in the second. *Blincoe appears to be the man of the future. *Have to stop the turnovers!

Did anyone catch their announcers bashing SU's schedule at the beginning of the game but then bragging about how they did well against the #11 team at the end? *This in between bashing against the officials! *Gimme a break you wouldn't hear that out of Fargo announcers!

I'm looking forward to some Georgia Autumn sunshine starting next Friday see you at the game!!! * 8-)

What were their announcers bashing the officials for?

Phil is pretty objective when it comes to officiating, seeing as how he is one, and he seemed to think the officials were home-cooking if anything.

kchats
Touchdown KU. Nebraska might be tied and going to overtime at home versus KU. Maybe we spoke too soon about Nebraska being back. 46 seconds left.

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 02:42 AM
What an upset if SUU takes Poly...... :o :o

maybe going to that SUU game will be more than just a golf outing to Mesquite!

It was a pretty decent game out there last time.

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Cal Poly is having offensive problems this year. When Noble gets back they will be better. I do believe SUU is better this year though.

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Neb going to OT.

Minn just scored and recovered onside kick, but still trail by 2 scores w/ over 4 min to play.

kchats
10-01-2006, 02:51 AM
Nebraska on the one yard line first and goal with the first possession in overtime.

TonkaBison
10-01-2006, 02:52 AM
Offensive line worried me some in the first half but firmed up in the second. *Blincoe appears to be the man of the future. *Have to stop the turnovers!

Did anyone catch their announcers bashing SU's schedule at the beginning of the game but then bragging about how they did well against the #11 team at the end? *This in between bashing against the officials! *Gimme a break you wouldn't hear that out of Fargo announcers!

I'm looking forward to some Georgia Autumn sunshine starting next Friday see you at the game!!! * 8-)

What were their announcers bashing the officials for?

Phil is pretty objective when it comes to officiating, seeing as how he is one, and he seemed to think the officials were home-cooking if anything.

It seems like they were griping about late flags on just about every play and weren't very objective when they made an interception which was called back for a roughing the passer call. I don't know but it seems like they were looking for excuses for being behind. I would love to see the game film. I listened to their announcers for a different perspective and came away unimpressed!

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:52 AM
What is goin on in the Gopher game? My kid has taken the TV over......... :-/

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:54 AM
3:08 3rd and goal Minn.

Incomplete now 4th and goal 3:04.

on 2nd down they just missed on a corner route.

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:55 AM
incomplete pass on 4th. Mich ball on the 8. 2:40 and counting

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Minn forced to use TO on D now so even if they get a turnover for a score it's going to be tough...

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Sounds like the Gophs are done for.........man is this SUU/Poly game interesting......

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 02:59 AM
looks like Neb scored on the 1st possession of OT so we'll see if K St can respond.

kchats
10-01-2006, 03:00 AM
It is Kansas not Kansas State. 3rd and 10 Nebraska leads 39 - 32. Kansas has 4th and about 2 now. This play is the game.

bisonaudit
10-01-2006, 03:02 AM
It is Kansas not Kansas State. *3rd and 10 Nebraska leads 39 - 32. *Kansas has 4th and about 2 now. *This play is the game.

My bad, Kansas basketball bias showing through.

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 03:04 AM
SDSU and McNeese Tied at 17!

bisonaudit
Mich takes the jug.

Bisonguy
SDSU and McNeese Tied at 17!

Go Jacks!!

sambini
10-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Nice win Bison++++++++++

Gamehunter
10-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Cal Poly is having offensive problems this year. When Noble gets back they will be better. I do believe SUU is better this year though.

Just to let everyone know, NOBLE is back and he is playing in the game with over 100 yards rushing. There is no excuse for Cal Poly tonight.

kchats
10-01-2006, 03:39 AM
They played poorly but still got the win. They played up last week too, playing San Jose State and losing. They sound like they had the same type of game as NDSU did tonight except they had to come from behind and win. I expect both the Bison and the Mustangs to play better next week. The Bison will need to since they are at Georgia Southern. Big game next week. I hope it is on television.

kchats
10-01-2006, 03:41 AM
I see Central Arkansas pounded South Dakota tonight 24-0. Central Arkansas is in their first year of the transition to division I.

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 04:16 AM
I see Central Arkansas pounded South Dakota tonight 24-0. *Central Arkansas is in their first year of the transition to division I.

Central Arkansas beat Stephen F. Austin last week 37-35.

Hammerhead
10-01-2006, 04:43 AM
They did the same thing last year, only they used the radio broadcasts for the play-by-play instead of the network TV announcers.

Here in Portland, one of the cable access channels controlled by Comcast shows replays of the Oregon Ducks games at least 2 or 3 times each week. Anyone who really wants to see such a game won't have a problem recording it if it's on in the middle of the night.

TV idea:

I don't get the Vikings games in DC but I do have NFL network and the last 2 weeks the Vikings game has been on NFL replay on Tue or Wed. *They condense the game down to like 2 hours, cut in the post game interviews at key points so the conversation lines up with the on field action, etc.

If DAY can't get prime time from the network and/or enought ad dollars to up road games on TV real time, maybe they can send a camera, cut the radio over it, condense it and run a replay at midnight instead of infomercials, or throw it on cable access or the web site for the die hards with relatively little additional cost.

Probably a pipe dream and I'm sure there are plenty of technical or business obsticles to making it happen, but perhaps a viable interim step to a full broadcast schedule.

ndsubison
10-01-2006, 01:49 PM
I originally posted the thread "SFA-the best 0 & 5 team". Lots of views, no replies. That's fine. Personally, I think that SFA is a good team who will win their fair share of games this year. They've been in every game but for some reason the breaks just haven't gone their way. I still think they are a good team. Kyle Steffes was minus one yard on six carries in the first half. That says something. I saw them play the University of Arizona tough in a loss. I also know that they lost to DII Delta State. That tells me that Delta must be a top-tier DII program this year. I don't really pay much attention to DII teams anymore with the exception of UND and USD, being that both are going to be transitioning to DI shortly and may be in the Bison's schedule/conference. I still believe that if SFA can put a complete game together that they can surprise some people. My 2 cents.................

Bisonguy
10-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I originally posted the thread "SFA-the best 0 & 5 team". *Lots of views, no replies. *That's fine. *Personally, I think that SFA is a good team who will win their fair share of games this year. *They've been in every game but for some reason the breaks just haven't gone their way. *I still think they are a good team. *Kyle Steffes was minus one yard on six carries in the first half. *That says something. *I saw them play the University of Arizona tough in a loss. *I also know that they lost to DII Delta State. *That tells me that Delta must be a top-tier DII program this year. *I don't really pay much attention to DII teams anymore with the exception of UND and USD, being that both are going to be transitioning to DI shortly and may be in the Bison's schedule/conference. *I still believe that if SFA can put a complete game together that they can surprise some people. *My 2 cents.................

WYO locked that thread, along with another, as there were three post-game threads opened at the same time.

I agree. SFA has to be the best 0-5 team in I-AA, and with the way the Southland teams are performing, they have a chance at still getting the autobid. :o

WYOBISONMAN
10-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I originally posted the thread "SFA-the best 0 & 5 team". *Lots of views, no replies. *That's fine. *Personally, I think that SFA is a good team who will win their fair share of games this year. *They've been in every game but for some reason the breaks just haven't gone their way. *I still think they are a good team. *Kyle Steffes was minus one yard on six carries in the first half. *That says something. *I saw them play the University of Arizona tough in a loss. *I also know that they lost to DII Delta State. *That tells me that Delta must be a top-tier DII program this year. *I don't really pay much attention to DII teams anymore with the exception of UND and USD, being that both are going to be transitioning to DI shortly and may be in the Bison's schedule/conference. *I still believe that if SFA can put a complete game together that they can surprise some people. *My 2 cents.................

I think you are right on target with SFA being the best 0-5 team. Sorry about locking the thread, but I thought it was best to have just one post game thread, so I locked 2 and left the one open that most were reading and posting on.

roadwarrior
10-02-2006, 01:42 AM
1) It would have been easy to have a letdown after Ball State.
2) Tyler Roehl's run over that defender was pretty!
3) It was damn warm there. *Also very high humidity (90%)
4) Blincoe has some speed. Cant wait until he busts through.
5) Texas gas stations still sell "roadies". (single beers on ice)
6) The heat took a toll on the players.
7) Nice call coach! *(SFA timeout with 25 secs left in first half)
8) Harlon's BBQ is the hot spot in town. (membership required to drink)
9) Was great to visit with Jeff Bentrim during the first half.
10) The stadium concessions couldnt keep anything cold.
11) The game wasnt pretty.
12) But it was a W.

sambini
10-02-2006, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the report Road. We will see you on the plane on Friday.