PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Week 3: Around the FCS

tony
09-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Impressive Wins

Illinois State-34, EIEIU-15 (Eastern Illinois better aim for the conference title.)
Indiana State-27, Ball State-20: Another FBS win brought to you by the MFMVFC
Montana State-43, Central Arkansas-33: Big Sky team takes down Southland playoff team
Lafayette-50, Robert Morris-3: Convincing win that I'm mentioning out of evilness.
Coastal Carolina-30, South Carolina State-3: Coastal romps on, statistically, one of the best FCS defenses (and also a team that gave Furman all it could handle in the playoffs last year.
Abilene Christian-38, Troy-35: FCS newcomer downs an FBS team.
South Dakota State-26, Southern Utah-6: Don't think the Big Sky is getting four teams in (as if going 1 for 4 in their opening round playoff games wasn't reason enough.)

Good Try/Nice Effort

UNI loses to Hawaii

Bad Losses:

Sam Houston State getting rolled by Colorado State... Pueblo.
Maine-10, Bryant-13: Last year's CAA champ loses to last year's Northeast Conference 4th runner up.

Week 1 (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33633-Week-1-Around-the-FCS)
Week 2 (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33738-Week-2-Around-the-FCS)

NDSUBowler
09-15-2014, 09:44 PM
MVFC record this year includes:

15-1 vs Non-conference FCS opponents (USD losing to Montana is only loss)
2-8 vs FBS opponents (NDSU over Iowa State and ISUb over Ball State)
2-0 vs divisions under FCS

Really, really, really impressive body of work so far!

reformedUNDfan
09-16-2014, 07:21 AM
SIU will have a shot at purdue I think.

Tatanka
09-16-2014, 11:19 AM
SIU will have a shot at purdue I think.

The stache does appear to be quite powerful this year... Even though the coaching staff almost all left... (because?)

StL Bison Fan
09-16-2014, 11:54 AM
The stache does appear to be quite powerful this year... Even though the coaching staff almost all left... (because?)

It's starting to look like this May be a good thing they left. They weren't bad coaches, they just didn't work well together.

Mr. Burgundy
09-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Robert Morris got beat by 47? Let that sink in.

WYOBISONMAN
09-16-2014, 12:15 PM

I have always felt that Lennon is a hell of a good coach. It does appear his organization is hitting on all cylinders this year.

THEsocalledfan
09-16-2014, 12:27 PM
I have always felt that Lennon is a hell of a good coach. It does appear his organization is hitting on all cylinders this year.

Is this the year he gets his Tatanka revenge? Will the power of the stache reign supreme?

Tatanka
09-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Is this the year he gets his Tatanka revenge? Will the power of the stache reign supreme?

Nope......

stevdock
09-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Robert Morris got beat by 47? Let that sink in.

Between that and the Missouri St. game it is crazy to think about how far they are from being relevant.

My dad was wondering if they played Incarnate Word, who would kick the FG first and in what overtime to win the game 3-0??

ZHerd
09-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Between that and the Missouri St. game it is crazy to think about how far they are from being relevant.

My dad was wondering if they played Incarnate Word, who would kick the FG first and in what overtime to win the game 3-0??

Clearly RM since IW will need to recover from the Bison effect

StL Bison Fan
09-16-2014, 04:22 PM

In all fairness, IW has not had football very long. I don't know about that other team. Maybe it takes a long time to get that bad.

stevdock
09-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Clearly RM since IW will need to recover from the Bison effect

Sorry wrong answer. RM would not be in this game.