PDA

View Full Version : Denver writer suggests Colorado State join the Big Sky Conf.

Dakid3kc
09-15-2014, 08:26 PM
I know the win was a while ago, but this state down here is really getting fed up with their college football teams lack of ability to win games and put competitive teams on field to bring fans to games.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_26529363/kiszla-csu-rams-should-forget-campus-stadium-and

coloradobison
09-15-2014, 08:31 PM
I never hear anything about college football in Denver. Only thing that matters is the Broncos.

silkamilkamonico
09-15-2014, 08:36 PM
One of my buddies works in the strength and conditioning for the football program at ColoradoBuffs, and he says the attitude of the players are entitled, spoiled, don't want to work for anything, have no sense of ownership over their program, and don't think winning on Saturdays is something that is done 365 days out of the year.

It's a culture there. Every year the freshmen come in excited about the college experience, ready to kick ass, and they see the upper classmen not have any ownership of their program, not set any type of bar or expectations from each other, and not have any individual desire to have a sense of self respect for their program. They are surrounded by that their first couple years so that is all they know and it carries over from class to class.

It immediately made me think of how completely opposite that is of NDSU. Coaches don't have to do anything other than teach, prepare, and gameplay. The players hold each other accountable for anybody messing up on the field, in the weight room, in film room, whatever. That's what our freshman get to come into every year and see, and that's why our culture at NDSU is so special. Because those players have a sense of self respect and accountability within each other and their program to make sure everyone knows that not working hard to get better is not acceptable.

oldmantutters
09-15-2014, 08:40 PM
One of my buddies works in the strength and conditioning for the football program at ColoradoBuffs, and he says the attitude of the players are entitled, spoiled, don't want to work for anything, have no sense of ownership over their program, and don't think winning on Saturdays is something that is done 365 days out of the year.

It's a culture there. Every year the freshmen come in excited about the college experience, ready to kick ass, and they see the upper classmen not have any ownership of their program, not set any type of bar or expectations from each other, and not have any individual desire to have a sense of self respect for their program. They are surrounded by that their first couple years so that is all they know and it carries over from class to class. It immediately made me think of how completely opposite that is of NDSU.

Coaches don't have to do anything other than teach, prepare, and gameplay. The players hold each other accountable for anybody messing up on the field, in the weight room, in film room, whatever. That's what our freshman get to come into every year and see, and that's why our culture at NDSU is so special. Because those players have a sense of self respect and accountability within each other and their program to make sure everyone knows that not working hard to get better is not acceptable.
I feel like we may have gone through this, not with this regime or the last, but the one after Rocky. No inside knowledge or anything just an observation.

90 BISON
09-15-2014, 09:39 PM
If Colorado St should join the Big Sky where should Colorado go?

coloradobison
09-15-2014, 09:45 PM
if colorado st should join the big sky where should colorado go?

rmac .......

NodakBizon
09-15-2014, 10:06 PM
bahahaha. Nothing like a lil Adams St. vs New Mexico Highlands to get u pumped up on a saturday afternoon. Although CSU-Pueblo kicked the snot out of Sam Houston.

HerdBot
09-15-2014, 10:11 PM
If Colorado State can't beat us with 85, how do they beat us with 63?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-16-2014, 12:16 AM
If Colorado State can't beat us with 85, how do they beat us with 63?

Exactly what I was thinking. If the writer thinks CSU would be consistent Nat. champs in FCS, he is sorely mistaken.

Bisonville GasMan
09-16-2014, 12:27 AM

After kids like this graduate (or don't graduate for many of them), most won't get to play football anymore...and then there is eventually no one around to 'spoon-feed' you everything, pat you on the back, and tell you how special you are...they will be in for a very rude awakening on what the world is really like...

HerdBot
09-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. If the writer thinks CSU would be consistent Nat. champs in FCS, he is sorely mistaken.

Once the Big 5 break off, well be in the same division as CSU anyways

344Johnson
09-16-2014, 02:05 AM

I think they'd be contenders.

A.) Large state school.
B.) They'd probably start winning more games.. And that's contagious.
C.) I imagine they'd likely fund their program pretty well.

tjamz
09-16-2014, 02:46 AM
OMG! We NEED to get CSU into the MVFC! Think about it, then we could do what the Big Sky is wanting to do and use another team as a springboard to make the MVFC an FBS school! Why didn't we think of this sooner?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-16-2014, 02:57 AM
OMG! We NEED to get CSU into the MVFC! Think about it, then we could do what the Big Sky is wanting to do and use another team as a springboard to make the MVFC an FBS school! Why didn't we think of this sooner?

Your late to the party, Chapo is already on it.

tjamz
09-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Your late to the party, Chapo is already on it.

I assumed I would be.